Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I agree that Sherri's hiring by the Cinderella producers was to tap into her fan base.  But the show has been running on fumes for a while now. I think the last woman to play Cinderella before Keke Palmer was the one-hit wonder who sang "Call Me Maybe." We're not talking about A listers here (although from the chatter, Keke Palmer is doing a very good job). Point being, the show was on its last legs before Sherri was picked, and its demise can't be attributed to her.

I am curious why her bestie Bitsy hasn't made an appearance with Grace (complete with big stupid bow on her head).  Grace is the show's target demo.  So much for all that crap about how much they love each other.

• Love 8

I agree that Sherri's hiring by the Cinderella producers was to tap into her fan base.  But the show has been running on fumes for a while now. I think the last woman to play Cinderella before Keke Palmer was the one-hit wonder who sang "Call Me Maybe." We're not talking about A listers here (although from the chatter, Keke Palmer is doing a very good job). Point being, the show was on its last legs before Sherri was picked, and its demise can't be attributed to her.

I am curious why her bestie Bitsy hasn't made an appearance with Grace (complete with big stupid bow on her head).  Grace is the show's target demo.  So much for all that crap about how much they love each other.

That is a great question... Ill send a tweet to Elisabeth and see if she replies

Here is what I sent

@ehasselbeck Hey there.... why havent you taken your kids to see Cinderella yet since your BFF @SherriEShepherd is one of the actors

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 5

I don't tweet so not sure how it works. Once they receive the tweet can they suppress it from being seen if they don't want to answer you? Or does it appear so that everyone reading that person's Twitter knows it's been asked? (Tho' I can't imagine anyone would want to ignore RogerFromOhio)

• Love 3

Yes, I think before this it was Carly Rae Jepsen as Cinderella and Fran Drescher as her stepmother. Now, I know Fran Drescher is not for everyone, but I would definitely rather watch her than Sherri Shepherd.

• Love 3

Actually Broadway veteran Paige Faure had the role between Carly Rae Jepsen and Keke Palmer.

Point being, the show was on its last legs before Sherri was picked, and its demise can't be attributed to her.

It doesn't make the tweeting about discount tickets any less lame to me, though. It's not like tweeting reaches a different audience each day.

• Love 1

While I appreciate #followyourpassion I really hope the jeans designer can do better than that.  As for the ticket sales (shrugs)  clearly it was heading downward for a while before she was announced and they were banking on an upswing based on her "name."  Which they now learned, doesn't mean much. 

• Love 1

I don't tweet so not sure how it works. Once they receive the tweet can they suppress it from being seen if they don't want to answer you? Or does it appear so that everyone reading that person's Twitter knows it's been asked? (Tho' I can't imagine anyone would want to ignore RogerFromOhio)

From what I can tell... her fans would only see the tweet if she responds to it or if it was responded to one of her posts. Other than that I dont think others will see it...... maybe Ill post it again if I see her tweet about Cinderella...... maybe I can find a relevant tweet from Elisabeth too

Ha, I love the tweets, RogerFromOhio.

Btw, Sherri doesn't need to reply to tweets for people to see who tweets her. If you just search her Twitter name, you can see all tweets that contain her Twitter name (direct tweets to her or tweets about her):

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=%40SherriEShepherd&src=typd

Click on "All" to see them.  You can also just search her name, not her official Twitter name, to see tweets about her:

https://twitter.com/search?f=realtime&q=Sherri%20Shepherd&src=typd

I see your two tweets there, as well as several tweets from people who tweeted pics of meeting Sherri after the show, including tweets with links to Instagram pics. Hmm, I have to say that looking at some of those pics the Cinderella audience is tweeting of Sherri, she looks very different from the pics she herself puts on her Instagram (I just looked at that ripped jeans-pimping one linked above).

Bitsy hasn't bothered yet, but I see that Ana Navarro made her way to the show today:

Ana Navarro ‏@ananavarro  6h
Just saw Cinderella on Broadway starring my pal, @SherriEShepherd. Great story about empowerment & being whatever u want to be. Catch it!

Sal tweeted about this article (along with a pic of the page in People Magazine):

Inside Sherri Shepherd's Surrogate Baby Drama

I'm only posting it because it's relevant to this People Magazine article about Sherri's appearance on Wendy Williams last week:

Sherri Shepherd on Surrogate Drama: 'It's Very Painful'

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

At least we now know what was up with the wearing of the jeans all the time. 

I'd have thought it would be easy to find some sort of review of Keke and Sherri in Cinderella considering all the buzz about their casting, particularly Keke, but apparently not.  Odd.

I had to control myself not to vomit watching those videos............

Sherri with all her knowledge & intelligence gives the new View a "B" how "big" of her. She so sadly feels she & her empty minded opinions are given any credence......

Edited by dumbdownus
  • Love 3

All of the things Sherri said she was yelling at the television while she watched The View, are most of the reasons some couldn't stand her on the show. But alas, Sherri doesn't get it. She has really blown so many opportunities to re-invent herself.

• Love 5

The purse is cute....for a teen. Grow up Sherri.

She never got how she derailed conversations with her stupid jokes, like the black and Hispanics and ISIS. I saw a headline about that today although I can't recall where....and wanted to go back to it when I had time.

• Love 3

All of the things Sherri said she was yelling at the television while she watched The View, are most of the reasons some couldn't stand her on the show. But alas, Sherri doesn't get it. She has really blown so many opportunities to re-invent herself.

Yeah, isn't it so funny that she was YELLING AT THE TV, and then had to take days off from her Broadway play because she LOST HER VOICE?   

Not sure how smart it is to tweet about buying herself  "no more alimony shoes"  like she gets a reward.   Buy something for Jeffrey, isn't this all about him?  She has no idea how disconnected it is to take a job because your kid has to eat, you have to pay bills!  And then brag about buying expensive shoes.  

• Love 6

Re Sherri's Access Hollywood appearance - it is poor form for her to comment on a show that she was formerly on (possibly fired from) so recently.  And her ISIS joke was in bad taste. She's wrong - the folks who are getting kidnapped over there aren't getting taken because they're wealthy (but in general, perhaps we shouldn't make jokes about people who are getting beheaded.)

Her calves DO look amazing though.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 2

Re Sherri's Access Hollywood appearance - it is poor form for her to comment on a show that she was formerly on (possibly fired from) so recently.  And her ISIS joke was in bad taste. She's wrong - the folks who are getting kidnapped over there aren't getting taken because they're wealthy (but in general, perhaps we shouldn't make jokes about people who are getting beheaded.)

Her calves DO look amazing though.

Honestly.. I dont think I have ever noticed a person's calves enough to comment on them.... much less have a contest

• Love 1

oh I totally noticed her calves on Wendy Williams' show… I thought they were horribly unattractive. She has those overdeveloped calf muscles that women get when they spend way, way way too much time on the stairclimber and such.  Rather than nice, smooth sleek legs they have lower legs that are all ripped, and massively wider around than their knees…so their legs take on a weird hourglass shape-- wide at the thigh, cinched-in looking at the knee and then wide again through the lower leg.  Blech.

• Love 5

I don't even know where to start with that Access Hollywood video.  Sherri constant shilling of products has become nauseating.  She is practically begging to be invited back to DWTS.  She has no shame.  I swear she will do/say/endorse anything for money/exposure.  But her joking about ISIS kidnapping people was just about the most offensive thing I have ever heard her say.  Does she not understand hostages have been killed?

• Love 8

I don't know if she misspoke or was confused, but today on Wendy Williams she said Elisabeth Hasselbeck wrote an advice book about going through a divorce.  The thought of it just really made me laugh....  Elisabeth writing an advice book.

But her joking about ISIS kidnapping people was just about the most offensive thing I have ever heard her say.  Does she not understand hostages have been killed?

Wasn't that awful? There's no "I'm a comic" excuse that can erase that crap. Why I have to wonder, didn't this get addressed like so many asinine comments by others do? This one was beyond ignorant.

• Love 2

Wasn't that awful? There's no "I'm a comic" excuse that can erase that crap. Why I have to wonder, didn't this get addressed like so many asinine comments by others do? This one was beyond ignorant.

Because she isn't relevant any more...... I doubt we will hear much from her any more.... except for twitter of course

• Love 2

I can't even imagine what BW is thinking tonight with all that is going on with Syria and the point is has gotten to - what with her friend Assad "the mild mannered opthalmolagist" in control.

Actually...the first alarm for ABC news regarding her.

• Love 1

This Access Hollywood interview- there's something wrong with making a joke as if the people killed were unimportant to HER, because they were white. And we all know white=rich. Yeah, only, I'm white, Sherri, and you have a he'll of a lot more money than I do.

It was a serious topic on the View, that even if families have the ransom money, it's illegal to pay it, because you'd be supporting terrorism. But who wouldn't want to pay to save a family member? Turning it into a joke is tasteless and cruel. Imagine the pain of the families who couldn't save their sons. What a horrible position to be in.

Does she even KNOW what happened ? She came across like a clueless bitch.

• Love 2

Absolutely everything about that interview from Sherri's manic behavior and awful kidnapping "joke" to the obnoxious hosts to the location...all of it was so cringe inducing I couldn't even bring myself to watch the second half. Just painfully bad.

• Love 3

Does she even KNOW what happened ?

Probably not, and that's most likely the reason why she "joked" about it, rather than some extrapolation that because the victims have been white, Sherri doesn't care about them. I think that's a stretch.

• Love 1

I don't know if she misspoke or was confused, but today on Wendy Williams she said Elisabeth Hasselbeck wrote an advice book about going through a divorce.  The thought of it just really made me laugh....  Elisabeth writing an advice book.

I saw that and was yelling at the TV.

To recap: Sherri said that Hasselbeck gave her a book that advised to hold off on dating for two years after a divorce. Sherri threw the book in her closet and did not read it. She ended up dating and then marrying and...welll....you know the rest.

What Wendy heard was that Hasselbeck wrote the book. /face palm

Wendy should do a better job listening.

Edited by Stacee
  • Love 3

This Access Hollywood interview- there's something wrong with making a joke as if the people killed were unimportant to HER, because they were white. And we all know white=rich. Yeah, only, I'm white, Sherri, and you have a he'll of a lot more money than I do.

It was a serious topic on the View, that even if families have the ransom money, it's illegal to pay it, because you'd be supporting terrorism. But who wouldn't want to pay to save a family member? Turning it into a joke is tasteless and cruel. Imagine the pain of the families who couldn't save their sons. What a horrible position to be in.

Does she even KNOW what happened ? She came across like a clueless bitch.

Remember what she said.... she would be too busy covering expenses to bother trying to get her relative out of the war zone.... she said that is how blacks and Latinos act.

• Love 1

I went back and watched the video..... her rant started at the 2:18 mark http://www.accesshollywood.com/sherri-shepherd-weighs-in-on-the-new-view_video_2373137

When Rosie P said she would use her own money to get her family member out Sherri reminded her that they don't kidnap black Filipinos. Once we put money down on our cousin's books in the pen, once we pay our Christmas Club, and we gotta go to work... if you stepped over the line and got caught... you gonna stay... I got no money to go over there and get you out..... that's why you never see blacks and Latinos getting kidnapped over there.... It don't happen

That is what we would have heard if she wouldn't have been fired....Isn't it amazing how she talks for all black and Latino people

Edited by RogerFromOhio
  • Love 3

It was a serious topic on the View, that even if families have the ransom money, it's illegal to pay it, because you'd be supporting terrorism. But who wouldn't want to pay to save a family member?

I think most families would pay for the loved ones (legal or not) if they could.  The thing is that the ransom is usually around $40 million dollars or more.  Most families can't handle that and probably can't even raise that.  France pays for their captured citizens.  US and Britain do not.  Most of the captives are journalists and aids workers.  They are not from wealthy families.  Sherri is ignorant and her comedy is played out.  During Sherri's time on the view, instead of running around playing clubs that charged $28 for her show and opening shopping malls, she should have hired a couple of comedy/joke writers (professionals, not Sal) and honed her craft. 

• Love 3

I watched the start of both part 1 and 2.  It was more than enough - that's some major mania there.  Those are some big, ugly calves.  I've noticed the calves on our running backs, and their calves look much better.  They are big, but not overly developed like Sherri's.  How bizarre.

• Love 1

I watched the start of both part 1 and 2.  It was more than enough - that's some major mania there.  Those are some big, ugly calves.  I've noticed the calves on our running backs, and their calves look much better.  They are big, but not overly developed like Sherri's.  How bizarre.

I think Sherri's calves are like that because of the excessively high heels she wears ... maybe??

• Love 4

I also couldn't listen to the whole interview, so thanks to Roger for transcribing it. Does she realize she's reinforcing negative stereotypes in her attempts at "humor"? 

Most people have their little jokes about their culture's foibles, but stop short of making rude, ignorant references to them. 

• Love 3

I think Sherri's calves are like that because of the excessively high heels she wears ... maybe??

When I used to wear high heels I always stretched my calves where they wouldn't tighten and bunch up ugly.  And since I'm not short I didn't even wear them all the time the way she seems to.

• Love 1