Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Does anyone else have difficulty with copy and past on this site?

I definitely have problems with copying/pasting in quote boxes. When I attempt to copy and paste, the system keeps making/or tries to make multiple quote boxes. I've seen other posters that have blank quote boxes in their posts. It's weird.

Are you C&Ping from another source or another poster? There's a topic about Quoting posts in the Suggestions forum.

I rarely paste from external sources and I use the quote icon or the @ mentions when replying. One suggestion Dave has would be to use Text mode ">_" which makes it easier to delete things as well. You can play around with some of the features on the boards in the Test Zone.

• Love 4

Interesting that Elisabeth says (in the Instagram posted above) that she was "giving her analysis."  It's Fun with Words.  She analyzed?  She considered all facts and then spoke?  She just gave a quick snotty opinion.  Hey!  Did you just read my analysis?

• Love 9

#Momversation is rich. Yeah Bitsy, have a "momversation" about the military with a mother whose son is in the military now. You're totally qualified to do that.

She frequently uses those dumb made-up words. Like "staycation" (which I know other people use but it sounds dumb when anyone uses it.)

Interesting that Bits posted some undated photos of her Team RWB folks just around the time Rosie questioned whether she had ever donated anything to vets. The question still stands. Has she ever given any money to any military charity, including that Team RWB (I still don't understand what they do for vets who are severely injured or traumatized and are in no condition to run triathlons)? Running with a big flag through West Point helps noone except your own self-righteousness.

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh sheesh, she should have dotted her I's with hearts.  Freaking adolescent brat.  Didn't we always comment on her adolescent black and white thinking before?  I see that hasn't changed a bit for Ms Hasselcrack.

Here is the ACG Blind stuff.  I think it's rather silly, Joy was friends with Rosie and looked miserable during all that turmoil.

Edited by NextIteration
  • Love 4

Oh sheesh, she should have dotted her I's with hearts.  Freaking adolescent brat.  Didn't we always comment on her adolescent black and white thinking before?  I see that hasn't changed a bit for Ms Hasselcrack.

Here is the ACG Blind stuff.  I think it's rather silly, Joy was friends with Rosie and looked miserable during all that turmoil.

I read that and all I thought was "I can't be a journalist so I have to make stuff up to stay relevant"

I haven't read anything that Joy is "begging" for her job back... at least nothing from Joy

• Love 1

I haven't read anything that Joy is "begging" for her job back... at least nothing from Joy

The only begging Joy was doing was to get her HLN show back.  (This was on CNN during the interview with Don Lemon where she commented on Bitsy.)  She is doing the Lipsthick comedy tour in Vegas (for one night), but said she really wants to be back on tv and she wants her HLN show back.

• Love 3

Elisabeth posted a little note to twitter. She stated that she was asked her opinions on Barbara leaving, Jenny and Sherri leaving, and now Rosie joining - and she gave her opinion on each. She also stated that she would never defend Rosie's quote about terrorists (and she included Rosie's quote - I assume she had to look that up). She also said that back after it first happened she called to talk to Rosie and Rosie didn't want to talk to her.

First of all, she did more than just "give her opinion on Rosie joining". She was really vile about it. Secondly, I think having that quote without any context makes it look bad, but I do understand what Rosie was trying to say. That war wasn't like some other wars where the soldiers were fighting against each other in trenches on each side. There were a lot of civilian casualties - which I think is what Rosie was trying point out (although she probably didn't do it in the best way). But I think the real issue came when Rosie point blank asked Elisabeth if she thought that Rosie thought their soldiers were terrorists and Elisabeth wouldn't answer. (Which I think before this entire thing, Rosie and Elisabeth used to hang out together - so to know that someone who you considered a friend thought that about you was a really low blow).

I thought Rosie made a great point, one that I make often as well. If another country's military was occupying this country, and we grew up continually seeing their troops, etc., I'm sure some of us would resent that country and the violence we saw, and sometimes blame them. I have no doubt that's how some Iraqui's see our presence there, as akin to "terrorists," at least in their minds, although of course I don't consider our troops to be terrorists. Elisabitch is being disingenuous and naive if she can't see that. Of course not all Iraquis welcome us!

• Love 9

All of this is getting great buzz for the View--they are making sparks (Joy, Bitsy, Ro) and they aren't even on the show!

Bitsy's idiotic pink "on my mind" note that she tweeted is a perfect example of how ridiculous she is.  She is disingenuous but pretends to be sincere and heartfelt.  Which is not a surprise for someone in a public role but she does it so badly that it is comical.  She is the caricature.

• Love 8

I like that Elisabeth quoted Rosie, because it just really shows how reasonable and empathetic her comments were and not at all "spitting in the face". But it's me reading them in 2014 when it's almost like the Iraq war being a huge mistake is like a foregone conclusion. stillbored is correct in that the real problem was Rosie felt betrayed as a friend.

I remember at the time understanding the analogy that Rosie was making.  I remember how gobsmacked I was that Bill Geddes, I mean Elizabeth would not answer Rosie's question.  There are thousands of military that receive their limbs and rehab at the Center for the Intrepid in Texas.  This was a project that Rosie supported with a whole lotta zeros on a check and a whole lotta fund raising.  She spoke at the ground breaking.  There were pictures all over Fox news with Rosie and John McCain yukking it up together.  And Elizabeth cared more about the little voice in her head (Geddes) than the truth about someone that was sitting next to her, had her children at her home and called her a friend.  It was when I stopped watching The View.  

So change all the people you want but I will tune in again when Bill Geddes leaves.  He is Darth Vader in this stuff.  Andy Cohen is just a sith apprentice.

• Love 10
(edited)

I'm bringing this quote over for the Media thread since Elisabitch's ridiculous tweet/Intstagram post is being discussed in this thread:

Well here's another site that has the twait's "analysis" regarding Rosie's return. What the fuck? Analsys, my flat ass. Trying to sound intelligent but comes off the opposite. Like a nimrodic maroon.

This idiot has me second guessing my typing skills!

OMFG, my blood is boiling after reading that. Gawd, do I hate that bitch!

Who writes up something like that and posts it on Twitter? What an a-hole. And, she had to look up Rosie's quote from seven years ago! Unbelievable!!

It just proves what we've been saying - Elisabitch is thrilled that Rosie is back and she's looking forward to commenting about Rosie all the time on her idiotic Fox & Friends show. Damn it, I hate that EH has any type of platform these days and that Rosie is once again making her relevant. Too bad she isn't sitting home unemployed and fuming that Rosie was re-hired. Bitch.

Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 5
(edited)

On Wednesday's episode of Watch What Happens Live on Bravo, Andy Cohen made Elisabeth Hasselbeck his "Jackhole of the Day":

JACKHOLE: Goes to Elisabeth Hasselback who interrupted her vacation to call her friends at FOX to complain about Rosie O'Donnell coming back to 'The View.' FYI Elisabeth, you beat out OJ Simpson turning 67 in jail for the Jackhole. Maybe you should go bake yourself a big sour grapes cake!
Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 11

Interesting Andy said that! Though I don't blame him. He's guest co-hosted on The View a few times and seemed friendly with Elisabeth. Though I always wondered why he had all View co-hosts on his show BUT Elisabeth!

Yeah, I just don't get what reaction Bitsy thought she would get for her "this is so important I have to call in from vacay to trash Rosie" tactic.  Did she think the world would say, hey, Bitsy, you are correct, she is evil and was mean to you and the network and of course she is anti-military.  She is the last person that should get that gig on The View. You were right to halt your vacay and let us know about that.  It does sound like sour grapes, even if you ignore the inaccuracy of her statements.  And it does sound mean-spirited.  No win for her, though I am pretty sure they will find a way to spin this on Faux and Friends tomorrow.

• Love 6
(edited)

Yeah, I just don't get what reaction Bitsy thought she would get for her "this is so important I have to call in from vacay to trash Rosie" tactic.  Did she think the world would say, hey, Bitsy, you are correct, she is evil and was mean to you and the network and of course she is anti-military.  She is the last person that should get that gig on The View. You were right to halt your vacay and let us know about that.  It does sound like sour grapes, even if you ignore the inaccuracy of her statements.  And it does sound mean-spirited.  No win for her, though I am pretty sure they will find a way to spin this on Faux and Friends tomorrow.

Oh, I think it was a win for her - she got her name all over the entertainment media for a day or two, online, in print and on TV.  She got to remind everyone that she's still blathering on the airwaves and where to find her.  Wendy Williams commented, Joy commented on CNN,  hell even Andy Cohen commented.  I'm sure there was plenty more - those are just the ones I saw.   It doesn't matter what she says as long as people are noticing.  

If I remember correctly the last time that happened was when she announced she was leaving  The View and before that it was her now famous split screen debacle with yep, Rosie.  Rosie getting rehired was big news and Bitsy (or her employers more likely) know that anytime Elisabeth can elbow her way into Rosie's spotlight she will get some spotlight too.

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4
(edited)

To be fair to Elisabeth, I don't think it was really her idea to call in to give a comment. It was probably something her producers asked/instructed her to do the night before. But I do think what she said was what she felt.

However, to say the following day that she doesn't hate Rosie is bull. We all heard what she said, and none of it was nice. Those comments are things that are only said about those that you hate. If she was neutral about Rosie she would have just said something simple like "It'll be interesting to see how everything plays out", not drudge up comments that were made 7 years ago (that she twisted to suit her own agenda).

Edited by stillbored
  • Love 4

Yeah, I just don't get what reaction Bitsy thought she would get for her "this is so important I have to call in from vacay to trash Rosie" tactic.

I puzzled over this as well as the poorly written, mockworthy "note" she posted on Instagram, and I think the answer is, Bitsy has given up on the mainstream. Even before the View gig ended, she attempted some attempts to re-brand herself as a kinder, gentler "mommy" type - the cookbook, her gushy mushy website she made a half-assed attempt to maintain. My suspicion was she was aiming for a Rachael Ray-type show featuring gluten-free recipes.

There were no takers for that. The only taker was Fox for that sad excuse of a morning show. So she realizes this is it for her. And while her call-in freakout disgusted most of everyone. The Instragram post about her "analysis" was deservedly mocked by mostly everyone. But for that small sliver of the Fox and Friends target audience, this is red meat. As Rosie herself put it during The Fight, "this is going to be big fat lesbian Rosie against poor little pregnant Elisabeth." Not for nothing did Bitsy refer to herself as "pregnant" in her call in last week!

She is following the model of her idol, Sarah Palin. She has given up on any mainstream ("lamestream") appeal. She is going for the fringe.

• Love 6

I'm not one who believes any publicity is good publicity. All of the media coverage of Elisabeth just shows what a shallow asshole she is. Elisabeth is infuriated that she was fired from a mainstream show and is now employed by a program that's a laughingstock to most people.

One of the comments I read online was from someone who claimed to have been part of a 50-person focus group that was questioned about Elisabeth and her potential at GMA. He said out of all the participants, only about 12 were lukewarm about Hasselbeck. All the rest had negative opinions of her. When asked if they would be more likely to tune in to GMA if she were part of the program, no one but a few of the "lukewarms" answered yes. I have no way of knowing if the commenter was telling the truth but I believe him. She was up against Lara Spencer for that job and we all know how that turned out. Elisabeth is a bitter woman and all of the publicity of her comments will cement her career.

• Love 3

I'm glad Elizabeth called into Fox & Friends. She gave the biggest bit of gossip that the View has seen in awhile. The casual viewer would not care and hence the reaction she's getting, but anyone who has watched the show from the beginning understood exactly what she was saying.

Rosie did bring excellent ratings to the View and brought it the political aspects that are now signature to the show. However, she has such a big personality that sharing a panel she drowned out the other panelists. Remember, the View is an ensemble show. Many people believe that Rosie's year was the best year of the View. Barbara was asked about this a few months ago and she scoffed at the idea saying "Rosie is a talent but she has ...shall we say emotional problems". It's quite clear that Barbara does not like Rosie. Anyone remember how she handled the Rosie/Trump brouha? Publicly she defended Roise but privately she slammed her. Her actions and words make it very clear that she doesn't like Rosie personally. And Rosie doesn't like Barbara either. Anyone read her book? She also spent several years making digs at the View.

One of Rosie's man problems with the View was how it was produced. She said (at the time) "they've never won an emmy and no one's been fired?" She did not think the behind the scenes people were doing a good job and she clashed with Bill Getty.

What Elizabeth revealed is that when Barbara announced her retirement, ABC secretly began to have meetings with Rosie and essentially handed control over to her. Think about it, it's one thing to sign Rosie and get rid of Jenny and Sherri but what's with all the behind the scenes people who were fired? Rosie has publicly made comments about the View's production team and it's no surprise that she'd want to get rid of a lot of people.

I personally find Elizabeth to be exhausting, but I don't for a minute believe she is speaking just for herself. Barbara has to be pissed. Her producing partner was also pushed out as well. It is not Barbara's style to publicly slam ABC but she's not happy and she's using other people to get her opinion out there. See her best friend Cindy Adam's gossip column and Elizabeth Hasselbeck's "analysis" on Fox news.

Barbara had a really unique vision for a television show and it was successful. She picked all the panelists and has made one of the most interesting shows in day time television. It absolutely is a slap in the face to her to hand over her show to a woman she doesn't like and doesn't share her vision. What Elizabeth revealed was a bit of the "behind the curtain" look at how tv really works- no matter what your contributions are. I personally was glad she spilled the tea.

There seems to be a few flaws in your analysis Miss Slay.

The biggest one seems to be about Barbara... all the reports I have seen say that Barbara still has hands on behind the scenes. I doubt she would "hand over her show to a woman she doesn't like..." If what Elisabeth said is true and Rosie produced Barbara's going away show... .well that pretty much debunks your idea about how the 2 of them feel for each other.

The first thing you have to remember is Barbara Walters is quite Right wing.... she tries to hide her political leaning but it is obvious to me. Pervy Geddie is also quite Right wing.. that is why they created a darling of the Right in Elisabeth. Also, Barbara is personal friends with the Dump Truck so of course she would take his side.... just like the took the side of Bill O'Reilly when Joy and Whoopi left the stage. Just like most Right wingers, they wont criticize other Right wing people if they want to stay in the club.

Finally, about the split screen argument.... if you recall many times Rosie asked Elisabeth " Do you think I believe American soldiers are terrorists" and Elisabeth refused to answer.... why... because her answer wasnt part of the script and she cant think for herself.

Rosie's point was correct. To the people who live in the war torn area where we are knocking down doors in the middle of the night consider us the terrorists. If another country invaded America we would not be cheering them on like they expect American soldiers to be cheered..... We should not have been in Iraq and that has been proven countless times.

• Love 10

What Elizabeth revealed is that when Barbara announced her retirement, ABC secretly began to have meetings with Rosie and essentially handed control over to her. 

What I wonder is how did Elizabeth know this. 

• Love 5

I can't believe they were considering Bitsy for GMA. The suits had clearly lost their mind. No one that partisan, uninformed, and unprofessional should have been chosen for a news show.

^^^Bitsy even flamed out of the once/month contributory pieces for GMA.  How long did that last - 2 or 3 months?  Two or 3 reports that were pretty much panned by viewers and critics?  No way was she seriously being considered for GMA, especially up against Lara Spencer.  As it is, the only way she got to Fox & Friends was through BaWa's friendship with Roger Ailes, who stepped in to hire Bitsy to help uphold the notion that Bitsy was allowed to leave The View for greater opportunity elsewhere.

• Love 6

Quite frankly I do not give a crap if BW and Geddie are pissed they both would sell their mother's for the biggest "get".  It was way over due for Barbara to go and sweaty Geddie is responsible for her decline being televised .

It's show business and we long time watchers got a pretty good idea how they manufacture this ,mess of a show.  I never forgave BW for kissing Trumps ass after the Rosie dust up.

Stick a fork in it I hope it's done but will tune in for sure when Rosie is there.

• Love 10

There seems to be a few flaws in your analysis Miss Slay.

The biggest one seems to be about Barbara... all the reports I have seen say that Barbara still has hands on behind the scenes. I doubt she would "hand over her show to a woman she doesn't like..." If what Elisabeth said is true and Rosie produced Barbara's going away show... .well that pretty much debunks your idea about how the 2 of them feel for each other.

According to Harvey Levin, Barbara's still an Executive Producer (as she created the show) but when she retired she relinquished creative control.

It makes sense- It isn't Barbara's style to get rid of an entire panel in one swoop. She's never done that before preferring to replace each co-host slowly. But let's say she did agree to get rid of two co-hosts at the same time, no way would she pick Rosie as one of them. Maybe she's right wing, maybe she isn't but this action in itself reveals that Barbara has lost control of the View.

• Love 1

I don't know Barbara, but from observing her for years, I would guess that in general she is motivated by social status, money, and being viewed still as a "player" in media. Hiring Rosie helps on at least the latter two.

And I don't know the basis of calling her "right wing." She has been very careful about not talking about her personal views and opinions. If she was really right wing, Joy and Whoopi would not have made it very long on the show and Rosie would have never made it at all.

(edited)

@Miss Slay I don't think  Babs got rid of Jenny or Sherri or even Bitsy either.    I'm pretty sure those were all network decisions.

As long as Babs' has her EP title she will continue to get  a check.   I've long felt Geddie's been steering the ship since Rosie left but according to Barbara, she did in fact hire Rosie (the first time)  - they both have told the story many times about  Babs approaching Rosie after an event in NYC.  I  have no idea who chose Whoopi or Sherri but I like to blame it on Sweaty Geddie.  I do blame him for Bits sticking around as long as she did. 

As far as the current production staff getting the ax, I have no idea but I hope they are.  I've long thought production sucks on this show and all those people should have been fired a long time ago.  Especially the "researchers." 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

The only wing Barbara would ever want to be considered a part of would be the "celebrity wing".  She would never publicly align herself with left or right wing so as to not offend any celebrities and jeopardize her social status.  Personally I believe just from watching her on the View for so many years is she is more or less a moderate.  Conservative on some issues liberal on others.  I do not believe she has ever had a political agenda to push. Unlike Bill Geddie who is the poster child for right wing conservative.  Older white male

• Love 5

I don't know Barbara, but from observing her for years, I would guess that in general she is motivated by social status, money, and being viewed still as a "player" in media. Hiring Rosie helps on at least the latter two.

And I don't know the basis of calling her "right wing." She has been very careful about not talking about her personal views and opinions. If she was really right wing, Joy and Whoopi would not have made it very long on the show and Rosie would have never made it at all.

One time I heard BW say something like "What almost no one knows is that Elisabeth is not the only Republican at this table." I know Joy was there at the time. I can't remember whether it was Rosie or Whoopie. Any way, I decided the other Republican was BW though I know she wasn't about to make such a statement. 

• Love 1

Rosie's point was correct. To the people who live in the war torn area where we are knocking down doors in the middle of the night consider us the terrorists. If another country invaded America we would not be cheering them on like they expect American soldiers to be cheered..... We should not have been in Iraq and that has been proven countless times.

Thank you for saying it out loud. Something we conveniently and too often and for too long have overlooked re those we target in the Middle East (and elsewhere): One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

• Love 4

Thank you for saying it out loud. Something we conveniently and too often and for too long have overlooked re those we target in the Middle East (and elsewhere): One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Exactly, and this was exactly what Rosie was trying to say.  Only a doofus would construe it otherwise.  Remember good old Shock and Awe?  Sold to the Americans with a bunch of lies by war criminals (Neocons).

I think that Babs is a rare Rockefeller Republican, which is virtually a Democrat by today's skewed view.

• Love 6
I think that Babs is a rare Rockefeller Republican, which is virtually a Democrat by today's skewed view.

I like this idea and I think Barbara would like it...mostly because of the "Rockefeller" association.  Makes her feel that she IS one.

• Love 4

NextIteration, Rockefeller Republican is what one of my friends called me.  In this vein, the other night Brian Williams said that the late Howard Baker (R-TN) was so moderate that now he'd be considered a Democrat.  BaWa could be one.  Those Republicans are why back in '75 that I originally registered as one.  As far as I'm concerned, Clinton was our last Republican president - lol.

@CattyTiger, that's funny, I've pretty much been a died in the wool liberal since birth, BUT, I actually went to see Howard Baker in 1979 for some fundraising function when I was in college, preparing for my first presidential vote, and didn't despise him as I did Reagan.  His wife, Nancy Kassebaum, I always admired her as well.  Go figure!

That is so much the problem with politics injected with extremism on either side - there is no seeking of compromise anymore, ergo utter standstill in D.C.

Ahem, on topic?  @Babs and her moderate View.

• Love 1
(edited)

Even Meredith as been asked about her opinion on the shake up at the View (and if she'd ever return to the show). It's in US Magazine

Her best line:

Joking about her former tenure on The View, she said, "I knew after nine years that it was my time to leave. I have a pretty good sense of timing, and I always like to get out before something bad happens."
Edited by LuckyBitch
  • Love 2

My gosh Elisabeth, not EVERY post you make, be it on Twitter or Instagram, has to show your "love" of all things USA! I'm extremely patriotic too, but never feel the need to constantly talk about it. Her last post has what her kids play with at home, a puzzle of the USA and some American history book (written by none other than her cohost Brian Kilmeade!) Seriously, who is she scoring points with, George Washington!? It's important that your kids know the USA and our states, but how about teach them about the whole world, give them a globe, have them complete a puzzle of the world map? Noooo, that would just be #unAmerican. Oh, and she needs to slow down on the #hashtags too... #RaiseAPatriot, #ProudUSAmom, #MilitaryFamiliesRule, #MilitaryMomsarethebest, #USAPuzzles, #AmericanHistory, #ProudAmerican, #TeamRWB, #HonorOurVets, #AmericanHeroes, #GodBlessAmerica, #OldGlory

• Love 2

I was hoping we would hear some news soon about EH, since she just joined Fox last September. I figured it was a one year contract and was really hoping they'd can her by now!

Edited by LuckyBitch
I was hoping we would hear some news soon about EH, since she just joined Fox last September. I figured it was a one year contract and was really hoping they'd can her by now!

Well...she fits their mold in the looks department...and her IQ is just about right until another blonde comes along.

LOL - her ALS water was in the hot sun, she adds ice and immediately and then pours it over her head. What a wimp.

http://instagram.com/p/rin0ExHeQu/?modal=true

OMG-  Immediately is right! Someone else (Grace?) added the ice- The ice didn't sit in the water at all- I would say that the cubes didn't even have a chance to reach the bottom of the bucket! lol

She never shows her face and the video immediately ends (isn't the reaction the best part)

Edited by springtime
  • Love 3