Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Started this thread to discuss what's gone with former hosts since escaping The View. Some moved on to greener pastures while others to narrower corridors.

Got the idea for this thread from a post by @LuckyBitch in one of the other discussion threads.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1

I tried to watch Bitsy on Fox this morning. Trump was on the phone and honeslty she asked a ramibling question that went on so long I forgot he was even on the line. She has the whole "stern" face thing going on. I did last about 5 minutes but just couln't take it anymore. Good riddance, Fox can keep her!!

• Love 2

I watched this show casually during the Meredith and Lisa years. I use to think Star was annoying back then! Now there are no words. I think the show was best with that crew. I liked Lisa and Joy the most. I think the show became unwatchable for me after they fired Rosie O'Donnell. I didn't love her, but I thought she was good for the show and she put Bitsy in her place. Also, Joy was still there. I watched a few more eps after Rosie left mostly to see what it was like. Now that Joy is gone, there is no reason to watch.

• Love 5

The early years were great and even in the mid to late 00s it wasn't that bad: I used to work in the evenings so when I got up in the mornings, I would watch that for my REAL Hot topics and pop culture fluff.  I was a Rosie fan and I didn't even mind Bitsy for a period but once Rosie bounced on out, it just wasn't the same.  Once I got a standard m-f work schedule, I simply haven't watched it other than a guest that piqued my interest.  This season, I only watched the season premiere and nothing since then.  

I am hoping for great things for Meredith's show.  She's a bit too obsessed with the kissing of Barbara, but overall I do enjoy her.  (Hell, she made Matt Lauer tolerable.)

• Love 1

I just moved to the West Coast a few months ago and I find it funny that here most show times are adjusted (i.e. if something is live at 9am east coast time, it's not live here at 6am, they adjust it to 9am west coast time), EXCEPT Fox & Friends!! It literally starts at 3am PST which is live on the east coast. I wonder why that is! Maybe because Bitsy has 0 fans out here?

• Love 2

I liked it when Meredith was still there (she's probably my favourite co host). There didn't seem to be as much yelling and talking over each other while she was the moderator. She also seemed like she was the one co host that got along with everybody (I think Lisa probably did to) and I never remember her being rude to other guests. Her and Joy really seemed like they were good friends (even off the show). I really hope her show is a success.

• Love 4

I've been watching The Spew more recently since I've been posting in this section after discussion moved from TWoP to here where minor grammar and punctuation mistakes don't earn warnings by PM.

I miss Joy so much since she would do a better job then Whoopi at shutting down a lot of the idiotic things that were said or ASSumed especially by Bitsy or Sherri. Whoopi does it every so often with Sherri and Jenny but more times then not she doesn't put as much effort into providing a different view and just humors Jenny and Sherri. 

I loved the lineup with Meredith, Joy, Lisa and Star (pre-Bridezilla). As time went on I never imagined I'd miss Star too as much as I do now. She seems to have come back down to earth and after seeing her appearances on the Today show from time to time it's made me wish she'd come back and take Sherri's place which shocks even me. 

Instead of the bridezilla that Star morphed into it seems like Sherri is a Divorcezilla...

• Love 3

I like Joy, but, I don't want her to come back. Her "jokes" were extremely dated and not funny. She also had a problem with being able to counter when she was called on the carpet after she would bark out her points.Though, I usually agreed with what she was saying, she did not IMO do well at all in debating.  She would turn to her "jokes" and derail the topic.  I would like to see a young liberal and young conservative (yes conservative) voice. 2 women who can articulate the "facts" they read from their blue cards. I did enjoy Rosie, she did know what she was talking about. Her problem was that she was too confrontational when expressing her opinions. 

• Love 5

Barbara will be a guest on Friday

Barbara Walters makes her first ever guest appearance on "The View." She is promoting her exclusive interview with filmmaker Peter Rodger, the father of Elliot Rodger, who killed six people, injured 13, and then took his own life near the campus of the University of California, Santa Barbara last month. Also on the show is Keri Glassman and "Out of This Word" with Whoopi. Bill Rancic guest co-hosts.

Joy sold out after Rosie left.... when she got her own show on HLN she stopped being confrontational so she wouldnt lose a guest on her other show.... right now there is no one to correct misinformation and everything is scripted..... and I dont really think they believe what is written on the cards they read off of

• Love 3

True, Roger. I remember the behind the scenes show several years ago and Sherri said they hear in their ear to ask question 8, or 6, or whatever. I have no idea why blue cards are necessary but they rely on them each and every show whether it is a quote during ht's or "interviewing" a guest.

But they rarely correct  misinformation unless FORCED  to by ABC, like EH's "glitterglasseswhatshisname."

• Love 2

Star was on Dr. Oz last week looking quite a bit weighty---not as thin as she has been in the past.  She had big hair too, and when she was thin, her hair was smooth and close cut wedge.  

However, she repeated with a big ol grin that she lost 150 pounds and has kept it off for 5 years!!!!!!!!! 

Right.  My eyes must have deceived me. 

I really enjoyed Sherri when she was a frequent guest on the show, before she became a co-host.  She was funny and endearing and I applauded when she was named to the panel.  She has changed so much since then.  The stupid has come out and been honed to a fine (AND LOUD!) point.  This isn't the woman who was hired a few years back.  I was on her side for a long time; not anymore.  Jenny was also a charming and entertaining guest.  She's not a disaster or the reason ratings have dropped, just too bland to be a co-host.

• Love 6

The only thing that sucks about today's news that Sherri and Jenny have been fired is that I just know that stupid Elisabeth Hasselbeck is gloating over the fact that the show totally imploded in the year after she left.

I can only hope that Fox gave her a one year contract and it doesn't get renewed! Hopefully, we'll have that news within the next couple of months, since she started there last September.

• Love 1

I was also hoping that Elizabitch has a one year contract.  She brings nothing to the table.  I tune into Fox every now and then if I get up early enough, and she hasnt been there recently (vacation?).  The replacements seem vocally intelligent, at least for Fox.

(edited)

I was also hoping that Elizabitch has a one year contract.  She brings nothing to the table.  I tune into Fox every now and then if I get up early enough, and she hasnt been there recently (vacation?).  The replacements seem vocally intelligent, at least for Fox.

Bitsy was there this morning, gloating and looking very smug.  Of course, Fox used the View "news" as one of their opening items at the 6:00 a.m. hour.  The announcement went something like:  "Big shake-up at The View today with both Sherri Shephard and Jenny McCarthy being released from the show.  Of course, our own View alumnus, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, won't suffer the same fate here.  She's staying with us."   GAAAHHHHH!

Bitsy acted sooooooooo surprised and concerned for her former associates, but she was having a really hard time swallowing the grin and snarky expression on her otherwise blank face.  Bitch doesn't have a genuine bone in her gluten-free body.  She said she hadn't yet been in contact with her good friend Sherri, but that would be something to take care of in the near future.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

I really wonder about Bitsy still being close friends - or even friends really - with Sherri.  I just doubt she would in real life.  It's not like they have anything in common outside of being co-workers for what? six years?

They have religious beliefs in common.

What about being MOMS?   You know, that new phenomenon that has never occurred before in the working world.  As a mom...I'm a mom, as a mom, as a mom.    Sherri and Bitsy, The Only Moms on the Panel (except for the other women, of course).   Well...the only Christian moms.  Wait?  Catholics are Christians?

• Love 9
What about being MOMS?   You know, that new phenomenon that has never occurred before in the working world.  As a mom...I'm a mom, as a mom, as a mom.    Sherri and Bitsy, The Only Moms on the Panel (except for the other women, of course).   Well...the only Christian moms.  Wait?  Catholics are Christians?

Which, of course, is reminiscent of:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/25105

• Love 1

That reminds of that darned new car commercial - can't think what car but it touts the USB ports... kid in back seat saying MOM! MOM! MOM! kicking the seat.  If I'm sleeping and it comes on - it will wake me up in a panic looking around.  Funny stuff.

The only thing that sucks about today's news that Sherri and Jenny have been fired is that I just know that stupid Elisabeth Hasselbeck is gloating over the fact that the show totally imploded in the year after she left.

I can only hope that Fox gave her a one year contract and it doesn't get renewed! Hopefully, we'll have that news within the next couple of months, since she started there last September.

I hope they gave her an ironclad lifetime contract and she's the last one to turn out the lights when FOX finally goes dark, because that is exactly what the godforsaken network deserves. Seriously, she's where she belongs. It's like Ronald Reagan f*cked Fair and Balanced and nine months later, EH was born.

• Love 4

Maybe Jenny, Bitsy, and Sherri should join forces to do great things together.    Think about it.   The three of them ,  with their knowledge and expertise, could form a national public health initiative  and rid the world of autism, diabetes and celiac disease. 

• Love 9
(edited)

Awwww, Meredith is on the NBC Nightly News with a medical report.  She looks wonderful (as usual).  There is life after The View.

Actually, they just announced she has a Special on tonight.  Here's the TV listing:
"A Leap of Faith: A Meredith Vieira Special, Newsmagazine, Dr. Paolo Macchiarini tries to revolutionize the way diseases are treated with regenerative medicine; people fighting for their lives share their experiences." 

ETA:  Her Special is on NBC, 8-10 p.m.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

I hope they gave her an ironclad lifetime contract and she's the last one to turn out the lights when FOX finally goes dark, because that is exactly what the godforsaken network deserves. Seriously, she's where she belongs. It's like Ronald Reagan f*cked Fair and Balanced and nine months later, EH was born.

If I remember right... and I guess you could do the math.... but Elisabeth announced her pregnancy not long after making a campaign trip for Sarah Palin with Sean Hannity..... I remember at the time how strange that was since she was so giddy being with Hannity..... just sayin

Maybe Jenny, Bitsy, and Sherri should join forces to do great things together.    Think about it.   The three of them ,  with their knowledge and expertise, could form a national public health initiative  and rid the world of autism, diabetes and celiac disease. 

i have to say backformore this may be my favorite post of all time!!!  I laughed out loud.... and not just LOL

• Love 4

Elisabeth seems to be really under the radar at Fox, from what I can tell, and seems like she just sticks to the script.  She's a complete idiot, but even she doesn't compare to the constant vile things her colleagues say.  I wonder what the execs think of her performance.

• Love 2

I care.  I think there's a liberal outrage quota each of their hosts are expected to reach and she isn't reaching hers.  I'd love to see the looks on their faces or the evaluations of her performance when they realized (as the US Weekly Mumbles posted) she is still unable to form a sentence.

(edited)

When it was announced last year that she was joining Fox and Friends, I didn't give Bitsy long there, because I thought it was a news show and other than repeating bullet points, Bitsy never seemed natually interested in current events. But having now watched the show, I was wrong. It's not a news show at all. It's the video equivalent of those crazy email rants that your crazy uncle forwards you, complete with a flying eagle animated GIF. For six months, it was three hours of an "Obamacare" pile-on. Now that the enrollment deadline has passed, it's now Lois Lerner all day, every day, with a little Benghazi thrown in for variety.

In other words, it's up her alley. No critical thinking skills needed. To the extent she wants the job, she will keep it. (Until she ages. Unless you have a brain, like Grethen Carlson or Greta,Fox doesn't have much use for older women.) Bitsy could never sustain a show on her own.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 5

EH is on vacation this week from the fauz news show but the 2 that are there look/act just like her, blond hair, short skirts & nothing logical coming out of their mouths....

Omg yes! I don't watch that show, so when I switched over to it this morning I thought at first that the blonde in the short, fitted, sleeveless dress was Bitsy! lol
  • Love 2

EH is on vacation this week from the fauz news show but the 2 that are there look/act just like her, blond hair, short skirts & nothing logical coming out of their mouths....

Did you notice that she said she was on a "staycation'?? They dont even bother taking their kids some where for a vacation..... something I always looked forward to when I was a kid

(edited)

Did you notice that she said she was on a "staycation'?? They dont even bother taking their kids some where for a vacation..... something I always looked forward to when I was a kid

LOL - Well, Fox (to the best of my knowledge) doesn't own any theme or amusement parks as ABC/Disney does.  That's a nice perq that Bitsy lost In her job transfer.  If they do a vacation now, it's on the Hasselblech's dime, rather than the freebie Disney trips they used to take.

Bitsy and those blond Fox-bots are all identical and interchangeable.  There have been times when I'm flipping channels and have to take a good hard look and listen to figure out if it's Bitsy or one of her Foxy sisters on the air.  Would you say they have a type???    Another Bitsy clone is on this season's Big Brother - looks like a younger version when she was wearing her glasses, and even sounds like her...a good reason NOT to watch that show either!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 3

Bitsy was very nasty about Rosie in her comments this a.m.  Specifically, saying that she does not support the troops --more than once.  Still snippy, snide, and angry.  Still so unlikable. I was/am hoping that her contract would end after one year at Fauxnews.  Still hoping.  One blonde (and I am blonde) on Fauxnews is the same as the other. Still.

• Love 7

Interesting Bitsy pulled that doesn't support the troops crap. Rosie's son, Parker, is at Valley Forge military academy and headed to the Citadel. Bitsy can't see the difference between supporting the troops and supporting all wars. I changed over to Fauxnews and thought that was Bitsy at first too. Wow, is the basement full of blonde pods over there?

• Love 9

OK, so I just watched the tape of Bitsy's call-in to F&F about The View changes and the possibility of Rosie's return.  How I love the irony:  They showed a tape of Harvey Levin crediting Bitsy with being the "lightening rod" that made The View a "success" because her views were so different, and then Steve Doofus comments that "When everyone sitting at the table has the same view, it makes for a dull and boring show.".  Ummmm well, didn't he then just describe his own show, F&F, as being dull and boring since obviously everyone at Fox has exactly the same view/opinion?  Duhhhhhh....there's a reason I refer to him as "Doofus".  Good riddance Bitsy...you don't miss The View and they/we don't miss you either.

• Love 7

I guarantee that Bitsy is trying to get a rise out of Rosie and make her start up some media war with the Bits to take the shine (and bitter sting I am sure) out of the fact they are bringing Rosie back to the View.

• Love 4

Did it ever occur to Bitsy that Rosie was so comfortable being at the reunion show because that wasn't the first time she had been back since she had quit. She had been there a few months prior to the reunion show. I doubt Rosie would have confided anything in her.

It's ridiulous that a rumor that Rosie would be rejoining the View (a show that Bitsy is no longer a part of) would put such a damper on her staycation.

• Love 3

I have no doubt that Elisabeth is PISSED that Rosie is coming back to the show..... her smug attitude that she ran Rosie off has just exploded in her face..... The show is going to improve with Elisabeth gone and and all she can feel is hate about it...... let the word salad continue

• Love 8
(edited)

Rosie tweeted "shocked" to Elisabeth today. I guess that's in reference to her views about Rosie joining the View again. Elisabeth sounded petty and mean.

Edited by stillbored
  • Love 3

I just watched a clip of EH's call-in to Fox & Friends and was stunned by her VOICE.  Obviously, Fox sent her for voice lessons, because it was a deep voice, nothing like the shrill screeching we all loved to hate from her View days.  Of course, the quality of her rhetoric hasn't improved any--can't fix stupid.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Rosie tweeted "shocked" to Elisabeth today. I guess that's in reference to her views about Rosie joining the View again. Elisabeth sounded petty and mean.

I love Rosie, even when I don't. She is just so authentic and whip-smart to boot. Elisabeth may know how to poke the hornet's nest, but she's going to need a puppet master and script writer if it's a full-blown feud she's after.

Edited by Milk-Eyed Mender
  • Love 4