Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Michelle was on "After Paradise" the Bachelor spin off show. She looked really good and hope is she going well after The View was so horrible when the replaced her with airhead Sara Haines.

• Love 4

So I watch this BRAVO show called Odd Mom Out and OnDemand it has two minute features with the creator/star where she sits in a diner and "interviews" a celebrity name.   The latest one I saw had Meredith Vieira and while it was short and silly, I just wanted to report how great she looks and how funny she was.   I didn't really watch her talk show but I miss her being on my TV.  

Because I've always liked Meredith, I'd hate for her to do this crap show but on the other hand, I selfishly keep hoping she'd come back.  But besides all the other good reasons for her not to return, I'm guessing she doesn't really fit the demographics anymore. But then neither does The Queen of Everything Miss Whoopi. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 4

On MSNBC there are many younger women reporters who are part of the travelling press corps and are excellent - smart, well-informed, nonpartisan.  They could hire one of these women to fill the "young" slot, bring back Meredith, ditch "I'm young so I'm allowed to be ignorant" Raven, and make a great go at a more news-oriented show with some celebrity fluff stuff thrown in. But I'm afraid that horse has left the barn. (And I may be this board's last Whoopi fan but I think she's intelligent and can rise to the occasion.)

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Sherri was on QVC last night hawking her wigs. She was more entertaining and informative then the airhead host they had on with her.

Sherri is oddly entertaining when she appears on QVC.  I have tuned in just to see what she was like when I saw her in the listings and it was really a surprise.  She seems to check her raunch and man-hungriness at the door when she is there and that's a good thing. And her wigs sell like hotcakes!  Good for her. 

4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

So Bitsy,  one of the least positive persons in the world, is on the board of something called The Positivity Project, a group that promotes "positive psychology" in schools. It's not a mystery how she got on, it's run by the same guy who started that veterans sports charity she was always taking up. I do laugh that she's identified as "television host."  https://posproject.org/leadership-team/

Bitsy is a television host?  Like ... she has TV's over to her house and serves them tea and cupcakes or something?  Because she ain't hosting a show on TV that I know of, if that is what they were referring to ...

And the only thing she is "positive" about is that she is always right and that Democrats are evil.  Again, I doubt that is what they were referring to ... 

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She seems to check her raunch and man-hungriness at the door when she is there and that's a good thing.

She probably has some strict guidelines from the QVC producers.  Their demographic isn't into much raunch.

• Love 5

And the only thing she is "positive" about is that she is always right and that Democrats are evil. 

Well, she did have lots of positive things to say about former mentor Roger Ailes.  As it turns out, she was either lying or she was pretty much the only woman at Fox News he didn't hit on.  Not sure which is worse...

• Love 5

Having just read the Ailes biography and following the news, I now suspect that Ailes harassed Bitsy, at the very least. His harassment at the network was pervasive and given that he basically gave her a job when she needed one the most, I would not be surprised if he thought he was "owed."

If true, I have no idea what role, if any, that played in her leaving. If she was shitcanned because she complained, or if she left because the environment was so toxic, she would have a hell of a lawsuit. 

• Love 3

After looking at Sherri's (weird) tweet, I decided to Google the show she'll be on.

I might actually try watching Trial and Error, despite Sherri being in it.

The picture of her on this site made me think "OMGosh..is she baring her stomach? And what kind of weird belly button piercing is THAT!?"

At second glance I realized the belt was the same color as her arms, which threw me off :-)

2016-0510-NBCU-Upfront-2016-TrialAndError-Show-Slide-1114x891-JW.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
Misspelled piercing
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Mumbles said:

Having just read the Ailes biography and following the news, I now suspect that Ailes harassed Bitsy, at the very least. His harassment at the network was pervasive and given that he basically gave her a job when she needed one the most, I would not be surprised if he thought he was "owed."

If true, I have no idea what role, if any, that played in her leaving. If she was shitcanned because she complained, or if she left because the environment was so toxic, she would have a hell of a lawsuit. 

Oh, I'm sure she was fired - that was her dream job and she never would have left voluntarily especially since she was the big breadwinner of the family.   If Ailes was harassing her I can't see why she would use her farewell speech to sing his praises the way she did - which was super odd already but doesn't make much sense [even for Bitsy] if she was leaving because of his disgusting behavior.  

• Love 2
On 7/21/2016 at 5:08 PM, Cosmocrush said:

I've been watching her all week and think she's been doing a great job.  I think she looks great too, by the way, and by that I mean she looks happy.  She's in her lane and it shows.    Still, no question how she earned the nickname "cackles" LOL.  

A Canadian guy that likes to recap Morning Joe most days gave her that nickname.  (I don't approve for what should be obvious reasons.)

On 9/20/2016 at 2:15 PM, Cosmocrush said:

Oh, I'm sure she was fired - that was her dream job and she never would have left voluntarily especially since she was the big breadwinner of the family.   If Ailes was harassing her I can't see why she would use her farewell speech to sing his praises the way she did - which was super odd already but doesn't make much sense [even for Bitsy] if she was leaving because of his disgusting behavior.  

Oh, I totally think she was harassed and got a settlement to keep her mouth shut about it and sing Ailes' praises as she was shoved out the door.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, NextIteration said:

Oh, I totally think she was harassed and got a settlement to keep her mouth shut about it and sing Ailes' praises as she was shoved out the door.

Interesting idea; I can see that happening too.   But if it did, that was a big mistake on her part.  Huge.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 1

There are some women that consider harassment as some kind of failing on their part. They will not report or admit it happened. I don't know if that is the case here, but I wonder. Bitsy also wanted to make sure that her resume is sparkly and wonderful. Everything is magical in Bitsyland!

• Love 4

My thinking is, if Ailes was gross enough to harass relatively smart and together women like Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly (both of whom have law degrees), I bet he'd have no qualms going after Bitsy, who in addition of not being very smart, also has very old fashioned views on gender roles. Not to say that dumb people are more likely to be victims, just to say that Ailes was a predator with such a creepy sense of power that he was brash enough to harass women who had some understanding of the law. Bitsy's general ignorance - in addition to the gratitude she must have felt for a job - made her a prime target IMO.

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Mumbles said:
33 minutes ago, Mumbles said:
34 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

My thinking is, if Ailes was gross enough to harass relatively smart and together women like Gretchen Carlson and Megyn Kelly (both of whom have law degrees), I bet he'd have no qualms going after Bitsy, who in addition of not being very smart, also has very old fashioned views on gender roles. Not to say that dumb people are more likely to be victims, just to say that Ailes was a predator with such a creepy sense of power that he was brash enough to harass women who had some understanding of the law. Bitsy's general ignorance - in addition to the gratitude she must have felt for a job - made her a prime target IMO.

Plus she is young and pretty, let's face it. It's certainly not required than a woman be young and good looking to be harassed, either, but it makes it harder to believe The Pig didn't make a play for her ... he seemed to treat Fox News like a dating service and it seems unlikely he let a nubile, desperate to redeem herself novice escape unpawed. I would have thought she'd make a prime target. 

In a situation where so many women seem to have been victimized, the question starts to become why wouldn't Ailes have gone after Bitsy?  I think he probably did but for some reason she doesn't want to admit it.  Like harassment only happens to "other" types of women, not her. Or she thought it might hurt her career. Or - I shudder to think - she actually succumbed to his demands and of course can't admit that. But she got fired, which suggests she didn't.  Well, either way, she is stuck now with the story she's told and that's that.  

Any word on either her or Tim down in Tennessee? Football season has started. How is Tim's new job turning out?  Has she got a gig yet or us she still Chief Breakfast Officer?

• Love 5

I think we all remember Elisabeth having a fit when NOW didn't come to her defense when some men's magazine put her on some list she didn't like.  She was all about sisterhood and women standing up for other women and blah blah blah.  But yet when fellow female co-workers speak out about being harassed not a peep of support out of her.  IMO Elisabeth is nothing but a self serving opportunist who if she was harassed probably just chalked it up to the price of business.  And lets not forget she was Geddie's "protégé" for a very long time.  I'm sure it wouldn't have been the first time a gross older man in a position of power took a (icky) shine to her.

• Love 6

Nicole  Wallace is so damn awesome on MSNBC, her hair is still fabulous....She is a wonderful fit on there....She was not good on the view, first, for kissing up to the movie stah and not challeging Whoopie, second, the view only likes conservatives like Elizabeth..Nicole  was too measured for the view, they like the extreme conservatives, to make sparks..

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nicole  Wallace is so damn awesome on MSNBC, her hair is still fabulous....She is a wonderful fit on there....She was not good on the view, first, for kissing up to the movie stah and not challeging Whoopie, second, the view only likes conservatives like Elizabeth..Nicole  was too measured for the view, they like the extreme conservatives, to make sparks..

I don't think you're remembering her melting in the presence of movie stahs ..... "I've got goosebumps", etc.  Plus her nose so far up Whoopi's ass, she could see "forever".  Just saying'.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

I don't think you're remembering her melting in the presence of movie stahs ..... "I've got goosebumps", etc.  Plus her nose so far up Whoopi's ass, she could see "forever".  Just saying'.

Her fangurling over the celebrities made her more palatable to me....Her kissing up to Whoopie was awful....The view was not a good format for her, because they expect the ladies to be combative and nasty to one another....They are still trying to recreate the infamous Rosie/Elizabeth split screen fight, that moment, forever changed, the tone of the show....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I watched this clip in real time this morning NextIteration, thanks for posting it, because upon rewatching it I actually think worse of Mika than I did this morning, and this morning I really hated Mika.

Mika (to Nicolle):  Were you awake during the New Hampshire rally?

Free Nicolle!

• Love 6

Good Lord, that was just ridiculous.  I have sat through some truly unbelievable spectacles on some news shows in the last few months but that was probably the nastiest, rudest, most unprofessional display I've seen yet.  I don't know if Mika is drinking in the morning or sitting practically on her boyfriend's lap makes her feel feisty or what, but she needs to get a damn grip.  She looked like an idiot. Kadooz to Paula for maintaining a shred of restraint in the face of such snide, condescending bitchiness.  Regardless of what she was saying, she didn't deserve that extended abuse from Mika.  

I would express the hope that Mika caught hell from her bosses for acting like that but I doubt she did.  It's more likely she was rewarded with an extended makeout session with Joe in her dressing room.  Those two really make me sick.  I haven't seen there show in ages.  I just can't stand either one of them, and together they are UNBEARABLE!   

• Love 4
On 10/9/2016 at 8:22 PM, Medicine Crow said:

I remember that MC.   It's why I'm so glad she's off The Spew.  But I agree with Apprentice79 that she is good on MSNBC -from what I've seen on the debate coverage anyway.    It's her lane and when she stays in it she seems much happier.   

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 2
On 11/12/2016 at 1:38 PM, tvaddict44 said:

Did Star ever say if this was the same book she wrote many years ago (which was a very thinly veiled story of the view) or another new one?  I wasn't clear. I never read it but several said at the time that it wasn't very well written.  Off to check on my book website...

OMG Satan's Sisters ? This was released in 2011.

Oct 20, 2011Electra rated it liked it     

Oh man this is terrible and perfect for a sick day. One of my many guilty pleasures is watching The View, although I haven't seen it in over a year. So naturally I picked this up when I saw it at the library. Nope, I don't recommend it but I'm determined to finish it. Loads of sex, backstabbery and total bitches. I think it was ghostwritten.

And the NYTimes mentions it in a 2015 article about The View.

"Later, Ms. Jones appeared on “Larry King Live” and blamed ABC for spreading rumors about her tenuous position. “That hurt,” Ms. Jones said. But mostly, she felt betrayed by Ms. Walters, saying, “I’m sad the platform that I helped build was used against me professionally.”

Through a spokesman, Ms. Jones declined to comment. Ms. Walters said they are now friends. But in 2011, Ms. Jones got revenge of a sort, publishing a novel, “Satan’s Sisters,” about an ousted member of a popular women’s talk show who threatens to reveal damaging secrets of the show’s matriarch.

I despise Barbara Walters. She is not as respected as it may seem.  Media hype tells celebs they must respect her.  It is a "thing" that got rolling out of control very early on.  They don't fight that, they go along.  Why bother?     

Rosie was not a diva and Star had no obligation to tell the public how she lost weight, it is nobody's business.  She did not want to share that!  Barbara did not respect her desire to keep that private.  When she dies, tales will be told.  She is an arrogant, self absorbed woman. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11

It's one thing for a TV performer to keep a weight loss method private but quite another to reiterate endlessly that "portion control & pilates" were her slimming secrets!  I always thought that Star was too proud to admit that she was a mere mortal, & as with many, unable to reduce her weight significantly without surgery.  I detested Starlet during most of her tenure on The View, because she was "arrogant," "self-absorbed," & often downright obnoxious, IMO.  Thus it is doubly appreciated when she returns in her new, drastically improved Humbled Star mode.  And I'm very happy that she seems content in her new relationship - who'd a thunk it? (Trust she no longer expects a very public proposal!)

Edited by telemachus2
omissions
  • Love 8

Most of the time Star had way too high of an opinion of herself.  She was smart and could hold her own in any of the topic discussions but when it came to her personal life UGH.    Her insistence upon saying she lost weight because of diet and exercise was just plain ridiculous.  There is no shame in having weight loss surgery.  There is however in shame about lying about to make yourself look better.  And once she met Big Al she jumped the shark from mere annoying to outright obnoxious.

I did read her book when it came out and I remember none of the details but I do remember it being very poorly written.

• Love 2

I liked Star well enough in that  imo, she could add intelligently to almost any discussion. I began to loathe her when she went bride-zilla with BGA (Big  Al?) (Sorry. I was thinking of a SouthPark character there for a minute.) And I hated her even more when she said "portion control and exercise." I would have respected her more if she had said that she just didn't want to talk about her weight loss bc it is her personal medical situation Sheesh.   What she didn't realize maybe is that there are folks out there who would say to an obese family member or co worker,  (as if it is any of THEIR business either), "Hey Star did it with diet and exercise, WHY CANT YOU???" Or that some folks may have said the same to themselves.

I do realize that some people do it with diet and exercise. Some people cant though....for whatever reasons.  

• Love 3

I was just looking at the e-books on my library website and came across one by Nicolle Wallace.  I didn't realize she was an author.  I looked further and found 3 books written by her.  All political.  Has anyone read any of them? 

I was just looking at the e-books on my library website and came across one by Nicolle Wallace.  I didn't realize she was an author.  I looked further and found 3 books written by her.  All political.  Has anyone read any of them? 

I read one of them but I don't remember which one. Not my cup of tea. The one I read was about a woman working in the White House. It was a standard beach read. The main character was tireless, selfless and wonderful. I didn't finish it though. I read it just to see how she wrote. My review may be skewed a bit because she was getting on my nerves on Morning Joe.

• Love 1

I know she wrote one about Sarah Palin, in which the Palin character comes off as a moron, surprise. Even though I agree with that, it struck me as a bit of a mean girl move, given that Wallace did work for her. Plus the time for calling out Palin as a moron was while she was in the running to be one heartbeat away from the presidency.

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Now Rosie O'Donnell is questioning whether Barron Trump is autistic.  Pretty low, Rosie.

From what I saw, Rosie just re-tweeted a link to a video someone made pointing out some peculiar behaviors of Barron, which indicate that he might have Autism Spectrum Disorder. 

And, to be fair, people had been blasting Barron on social media for looking bored, yawning, not paying attention, while Trump was  speaking, saying he should behave better.   The original video Rosie had linked to was telling people to stop bullying Barron about his strange behavior, because there might be a cause for it. 

I have mixed feelings - while it's not nice to label a kid when you don't know him personally, people certainly do comment on others on Twitter.  Before I had seen that video, I had noticed some mannerisms of Barron's that were consistent with autism. And a couple other parents of special needs kids had mentioned it to me as well.  It's not an insult or a put-down. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 12