Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I don't know what the future holds for our Bitsy. I'm not too worried personally about her running for office; that's a *lot* of work (she's lazy) and if she stays in the general vicinity of NYC or Massachusetts/Rhode Island (where she and Tim are from) she will not be elected with the views she claims to have.

I also don't know who would hire her as a speaker. Presumably she's with a speakers bureau now (she was when she was at the View) and we've never heard of her appearing anywhere (and you know she'd be tweeting the shit out of that if it happened).

My bet? She gets some sort of part time gig with that veterans charity she's always shilling for (but as a nonprofit that won't be lucrative.)

I would love for someone to ask if she considered joining the military, since she's always going on about that.

Maybe she will do talk radio? All she'd have to do is listen to idiots like her rant and rave about the Democrats.

• Love 4

I don't know why they'd fire her. I'd think with how much she gets in the news for propagating their ignorance, she'd be given her own show. Then again, a woman's attractiveness means more over there and she's probably reaching her expiration date for them.

I hope The View wouldn't bring her back....

I really do think they are afraid she'll screw up a Presidential election year. They don't want her quoted as the voice of Fox. 

• Love 5

“Elisabeth and I discussed this at length over several weeks, and while I would love for her to continue here, I respect her incredibly difficult, yet deeply personal decision,” said Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News Channel, in prepared remarks. “She has been a great addition to the Fox & Friends franchise.”

Cry me a river!

If Fox really "loved for her to continue" and it was true that she had to (for whatever reason) be at home in the morning, they would have moved her to some noon time show.

She has no place else to go and Fox doesn't want her, what else is she gonna say?

• Love 6

Awwwwwww...somewhere Bill Geddie is crying into his breakfast beverage as Bitsy announced what didn't need to be announced, that she's leaving F&F at the end of December.  Yes Folks, they gave her a full 5 minutes of airtime to blubber on about how Roger Ailes is the best man, best boss she ever worked for, yada, yada, yada.  Sorry Bill (and BaWa, too) - you've been replaced in Bitsy's heart.  It was priceless, and I hope to find that I had enough space on my DVR to get it all recorded to enjoy over and over.

Guaranteed this will be online...be sure to catch it.

ETA: 

She has no place else to go and Fox doesn't want her, what else is she gonna say?

It sure seems as though this will be the death knell for her "career".  Can't imagine she'll find another entry point after being SAHM.  Once the glee (of the audience) subsides, she'll be an asterisk on the Fox website and go on to be blissfully forgotten.

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 6

MY GOD.  Please do not even put that out into the universe!   Wasn't Michelle Bachmann crazy enough?   

Michele spent many years stirring up shit before and during her legislative career in Minnesota state politics.  Like getting the first Charter for charter schools in the country, her's of course concentrated on Intelligent Design, this so she no longer had to homefool her brood.  Then she went on to tehGays in the MN state legislature.  It was a sad day when her religious zealotry won her the seat in the 6th district, but that of course is the district that went over big for Jesse Ventura, full of all kinds of whackadoos.

I don't know what the future holds for our Bitsy. I'm not too worried personally about her running for office; that's a *lot* of work (she's lazy) and if she stays in the general vicinity of NYC or Massachusetts/Rhode Island (where she and Tim are from) she will not be elected with the views she claims to have.

See above.  We are the state that has voted Democrat for POTUS since 1968.  Also that state that brought you Paul Wellstone and Al Franken in the senate.  There are always pockets of whackadoos, and they are intentionally drawn with gerrymandering.

All that said, please, Dog, no.

• Love 4
(but as a nonprofit that won't be lucrative.)

If she's selected as an "executive" at the right non-profit, her salary can be huge.  I'm not saying she's CEO material...but here's an example of a non-profit's CEO pay:   John L. Miller, President and CEO: Goodwill Industries of Southeastern Wisconsin Compensation: $3,206,088

• Love 2

Here's the link to Bitsy's ramble....

http://www.foxnews.c...ds/index.htmlat

What is this "tough" choice?  I think the only choice she had to make, is do you want to make this silly speech on Tues or Wed before Thanksgiving??

Tee hee, Vinyasa. Thanks for posting. I really would not have wanted to dig thru the Fox sites to find this. 

Oh Elizabeth, my my. Still so dramatic, thinking more of yourself, professionally, than you really are. My vote? She was let go. All the ridiculous tears and maudlin emotion after only 2 years ("best job I've ever had"....what about that other show you did for 8 years?). Plus that Connecticut $4mil dreamhouse house for sale months ago. That was the tell. You don't disrupt the kids' lives with moving /school/routine unless there's a BIG reason.  I only refer to it as a dreamhouse because it was their first big family move from a New York City condo life to suburbia only 3 years ago. And now selling so soon when the kids are still little and school aged? 

Kilmeade was funny: (paraphrased) "....everybody here thinks so highly of you, ...from the makeup artists to security." Uh , what about the news team, writers, production, and management, and ALL the regulars on Fox plus numerous guests. Nah,  just the makeup and security. Hah ! What the cleaning staff doesn't think so highly of her?

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 7

Thanks for the video link.  She did ramble and and on, didn't she! The guy on the left kept looking away from the camera as though he was looking for direction.  Then he scooted closer to her on the sofa!

I really do not like Elisabeth, and since I don't have cable have not seen her since she left The View, but I do hope she "just" got fired and that there isn't any serious family stuff going on at home.

• Love 4

Wow, that was really strange.  I am thinking one of two things is happening here.  Either Timbo wants her at home cause...reasons.  Or she is having some sort of family/children/marital problem.  Because being home to make breakfast for your kids is a weird reason to quit a job.  And I just don't get her being fired and it playing out this way, or Fox playing it out this way.

Lots of "peace of God" talk.  It seems clear she doesn't want to go, which would lead us to the "fired" conclusion but I think it is something else.

Also weird and very 1950s to say she is going to be a good little wife like her male co-hosts' wives, who I assume are SAHMs.  All in all, it was creepy and strange, and the guy on the left wanted to shut it down before she was finished blubbering.

• Love 9

Also weird and very 1950s to say she is going to be a good little wife like her male co-hosts' wives, who I assume are SAHMs.

Noticed that comment also. However, I doubt Tim makes the money that her male co-hosts make.

I still say she was let go, decided to announce this before a holiday and let her hang around until the end of the year.

• Love 5

If she really was fired, this is more ridiculous than the lies told over at the View when she left there--more over the top.  I don't get why Fox and Roger Ailes would lie?  And I think if they were going to fire her, they would have any number of blond bimbo replacements in the wings to step in immediately.

It is a mystery, but I think there is something else going on here.

• Love 4
I'd rather think that she was fired but then I'm also wondering if her own health is an issue. She had that surgery about a year ago and reported that the tumor was benign, but, still ...

If any health issues are involved, an intelligent employee would continue to work and take advantage of the corporation's health benefits.

• Love 4

Here's the link to Bitsy's ramble....

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/fox-and-friends/index.htmlat

What is this "tough" choice?  I think the only choice she had to make, is do you want to make this silly speech on Tues or Wed before Thanksgiving??

What the eff was that?   Besides hilarious, I mean.     "Best of me, not the rest of me."    "Being here, not leaving here"   She still talks is soundbites and slogans.  I enjoyed the guy on the left trying to get to the point and shut down the blubbering.  Maybe he didn't appreciate Bitsy bringing his wife into it, LOL.  

I'm with bannana, it's super creepy - especially when she talks about her daughter or her co-workers wives. 

I think we've all watched Bitsy enough to guess that she really doesn't want to leave.  I believe the tears and blathering on about that FF Ailes were genuine.   She knows this was her dream job, she knows she found her peeps.  And  I don' think Faux News cares enough about what they put out there to actually  fire her (See Hannity  or Geraldo for examples )   - the guy on the right is ridiculous and even manages to make Bitsy seem logical and he's not going anywhere.  

But as I've posted before, Tim doesn't work full time and probably makes far less than his wife.  It was always Bits that made the money, which makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is selling your house and quitting your job to live off the lesser salary.  

Amazing that Katie Couric was able to raise two wonderful girls, as a true single parent, working on a morning show (probably the ONLY time I will compare those two women) but Bitsy decides to act like it's 1950 and she needs to be home.  And before any SAHMs throw tomatoes at me, I only say that because I am not convinced this was a "choice" at all.  Seems like a mother deciding to spend more time with her children would be a little happier about it.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

If she really was fired, this is more ridiculous than the lies told over at the View when she left there--more over the top.  I don't get why Fox and Roger Ailes would lie?  And I think if they were going to fire her, they would have any number of blond bimbo replacements in the wings to step in immediately.

Fox has to make it "look" like it was Bitsy's decision. Remember when Star was fired at The View and  BW said they told Star she could say whatever she wanted to?

They probably do have a blond ready to replace Bitsy but they have to act like there is going to be a nationwide search.

• Love 4

If any health issues are involved, an intelligent employee would continue to work and take advantage of the corporation's health benefits.

She will have at least 18 months COBRA coverage if she coughs up the premiums.   Maybe their coverage is through Tim's Disney gig?  I don't know, don't care.   I mean I hope no one is ill but IF someone in family was sick - then why not just take a leave of absence?  Certainly "The Best Person I've Ever Worked For on The Best Show I've Worked On" would grant a temporary leave?  Why quit the best job she'll ever get?  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 7

Certainly "The Best Person I've Ever Worked For on The Best Show I've Worked On" would grant a temporary leave?  Why quit the best job she'll ever get?

Because she has to make breakfast! On the bright side, she might be able to get a job as a Wal-Mart greeter and not have to start work until 10.

• Love 2

Such melodramatics on her part. Indeed, Chief Breakfast Officer? With Tim and the nanny there.....who is she kidding. Then the kids are off at full time school. Like she didn't have time off before their arrival home and evenings with them all along. Plenty of time for kids activities.

• Love 5

Presumably they didn't get up at 3am when she had to get up for work. So she's only getting, like, an extra hour with them that she didn't have before. It's a cover story. Whatever.

The part that made me gag a little was when she said she hoped Grace worked for as wonderful a man (specifically) as Ailes when she was old enough to work. How about working for a great woman? Or just "person"?

Lots of religious overtones. Maybe that's the route she'll go to next. She's always shilling for marriage and child-raising religious guides. Keep Satan from breaking up your marriage and such.

• Love 7

Umm, I think she said she was doing it for her kids and for her daughter. All righty then.

Yeah, something is going on - either with her marriage, or something is up with one of the kids.    There's a problem of some sort, and she and/or her husband have decided that it's because she's a working mom, and not home 24/7. 

• Love 4

I agree, Bitsy's departure is at a minimum odd. She's doing the opposite of what most SAHMs with options do. This is the stage where most are deciding whether to *return* to the workforce after staying home with their kids when they're small. I'm just not buying it. Sure, missing the morning routine isn't awesome, but being a working parent always means there is some sacrifice and juggling involved. That's just reality. You know she's home from work before the kids are home from school and she's with them (or can be) from that time to bedtime, plus, presumably she has all day on the weekends to be the CBO (*eyeroll*). She is way too over-the-top and melodramatic (and frankly, fairly nauseating) about this change. That said, as cushy and part time as it is, this is still probably the toughest and closest thing to a full-time job she's had...ever. Whatever the true story is here, it is clearly more than just a very privileged woman choosing to stay home with her kids.

• Love 9
I mean I hope no one is ill but IF someone in family was sick - then why not just take a leave of absence?

FMLA...if you're employed.

Amazing that Katie Couric was able to raise two wonderful girls, as a true single parent, working on a morning show

I don't watch Kelly Ripa, so I don't really know anything--but doesn't she seem to be able to balance a being a key player on a more important show--with successful (I guess) marriage, motherhood, and a pretty good social/family life?  Oh...and side project too.

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 4

Maybe the issue isn't with the kids or the marriage.  Maybe Bitsy has finally gone off her last nut and is having an emotional or mental breakdown/episode.  Maybe she suffers from depression or some sort of intense anxiety disorder.  She sure looks tightly wound and messed up, especially in that bizarrely unprofessional and emotional bit this morning.  With Doofus #1 patting her, there, there, and pushing her off the couch.

She has aged a lot, she looks unwell, and she has a serious frowny face a lot of the time.  Could be that they have been just tolerating it, and it came to a head and they both realized she needs to get treatment and get out of there to do so.  Then at least it would explain why she is being so gushy over Ailes, and why she thinks they are all her family there at F&F.

• Love 5

Whatever the true story is here, it is clearly more than just a very privileged woman choosing to stay home with her kids.

That's the thing about  Bitsy though - she's the opposite of authentic in almost every way.  The slogans today,  the fake cute kid stories and the pretend friends on the View that just never rang true.      If the real reason she's leaving is too private or too embarrassing then wait until the day you leave to say goodbye and then leave.    People do it all the time: "I want to explore other projects" or "I want to spend more time with my family." without speaking in slogans and blubbering about how much they love their boss.    Have some dignity Elisabeth! 

Maybe Bitsy has finally gone off her last nut and is having an emotional or mental breakdown/episode.  Maybe she suffers from depression or some sort of intense anxiety disorder.  She sure looks tightly wound and messed up, especially in that bizarrely unprofessional and emotional bit this morning.  With Doofus #1 patting her, there, there, and pushing her off the couch.

[bolding mine] Oh crap, wine out my nose again, lol.  

Good theory.   I'd buy it.  It's far more believable to me than, "I want to give them the best of me, not the rest of me."  which sounded like something she heard at a 1955 PTA meeting.  

• Love 9

She has aged a lot, she looks unwell, and she has a serious frowny face a lot of the time.  Could be that they have been just tolerating it, and it came to a head and they both realized she needs to get treatment and get out of there to do so.  Then at least it would explain why she is being so gushy over Ailes, and why she thinks they are all her family there at F&F.

IF, this is true and that is a big IF, why wouldn't she just take a leave of absence? Because this is her dream job and a pretty good one.

. Whatever the true story is here, it is clearly more than just a very privileged woman choosing to stay home with her kids.

Exactly! I've never watched F&F. Is Bitsy on from 6-9? If that was too much and she had to be had home to cook breakfast, Fox would have moved her to a mid-morning/noon hour show. Because they all love each other and get along.

I'll bet Bitsy puts herself in the ranks of Savanna Guthrie and Robin Roberts and there is NO way she would walk away from that.

• Love 4
The slogans today,  the fake cute kid stories and the pretend friends on the View that just never rang true.

CosmoCrush!   "Pretend friends?"   I can't believe you're so jaded that you don't know in your heart that Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth are besties!  B-E-S-T-I-E-S ! ! !   Now that both will have more free time, we can enjoy their joint escapades/antics on Instagram and Twitter.  Maybe this is finally the incentive I needed to subscribe!  Those photos will be both heartwarming and hilarious.  Pretend friends?  Take that back!

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 8

FMLA...if you're employed.

I don't watch Kelly Ripa, so I don't really know anything--but doesn't she seem to be able to balance a being a key player on a more important show--with successful (I guess) marriage, motherhood, and a pretty good social/family life?  Oh...and side project too.

What is FMLA?

Kelly's show is only an hour & I don't know what time it is taped, but I'm thinking at 9:00 a.m. ET.

So Candace doesn't want someone (President Obama) saying, "Stay calm.  Stay calm, everybody.  Just get into the boat," while the Titanic is sinking?   Doesn't she know that's the professional (trained) way to handle it?  Has she never participated in fire drills?  Does she want him screeching in panic...trying to direct people when he doesn't know what he's doing himself?  Believe me, he would have saved more Titanic lives with calm and intended directions.

I have seen many executives passed over because they can direct sticky situations with calm dedication. Too often the panicked wannabes get the the attention, CANDACE.

Kelly's show is only an hour & I don't know what time it is taped, but I'm thinking at 9:00 a.m.

You're probably correct, but doesn't her gig require much more preparation?  Interviews with celebrities and politicians.  Quirly little games/participations?  Maybe read a book or two (again, I don't watch)?    

Edited by Former Nun
  • Love 2

Kelly's show doesn't seem like it requires a *lot* of prep but she has something that Bits doesn't - an ease in front of the camera and a natural conversational tone. And I am not a Kelly fan. Bitsy was a disaster as a broadcaster. Notice how high her voice would get, how stilted and unnatural her questions were. She *never* got better at that,even in a friendly milieu like Fox and Friends.

• Love 6

CosmoCrush!   "Pretend friends?"   I can't believe you're so jaded that you don't know in your heart that Sherri Shepherd and Elisabeth are besties!  B-E-S-T-I-E-S ! ! !   Now that both will have more free time, we can enjoy their joint escapades/antics on Instagram and Twitter.  Maybe this is finally the incentive I needed to subscribe!  Those photos will be both heartwarming and hilarious.  Pretend friends?  Take that back!

Oh I completely forgot about Sherri!  At least Sherri actually exists.  I wonder when the last time those two morons even spoke to each other?   

I was thinking of her pretend friend with a gay Army captain (when discussing being gay in the military) or her other fake veteran friends.  I'm pretty sure she had some fake gay friends as well.   Whatever the topic was she and Tim always had some never mentioned before fake friend to help make her point. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 5

I remember how awkward it was when EH's friend from HS or college came on during Friends Week and it was like they barely knew each other, lol.

And remember when she has Elthridge (?) the singer over once because she hated to be perceived anti-gay. And yep, the fake gay marine or something. Oh - and not allowing Tim to see the SI calendar issue......even in the locker room of the Giants.

And then she poses in a tiny bikini on the cover of Shape or what ever the mag is.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Love 6

Oh I completely forgot about Sherri!  At least Sherri actually exists.  I wonder when those two morons even spoke to each other?   

I was thinking of her pretend friend with a gay Army captain (when discussing being gay in the military) or her other fake veteran friends.  I'm pretty sure she had some fake gay friends as well.   Whatever the topic was she and Tim always had some never mentioned before fake friend to help make her point. 

Oooooo, and don't forget about the day all the hosts were to have their best personal friend visit for an epi, and Bitsy's "friend" barely seemed to know her...there were no personal stories for her to relate, and there didn't seem to be a whole lot of charisma between them.  Really, it was rather hilarious!

Oops, maggiemae - looks like we were typing and posting the same thought at the same time.  We're better friends than Bitsy and her mystery woman!

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 7

Rosie O will be on Empire tonight. I've never watched the show but I will tonight to see her. This show is a huge hit and now's my chance to see what all the fuss is about.

• Love 3

Rosie O will be on Empire tonight. I've never watched the show but I will tonight to see her. This show is a huge hit and now's my chance to see what all the fuss is about.

Too bad you missed this show.  Good stories & some really great music.  I'm looking forward to see the part Rosie will play.

• Love 3

I'm glad I glanced at this site, since I completely forgot about it. Thanks for the reminder.