Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

SNL's Bitsy bit almost makes it mandatory to watch F&F tomorrow to see if she's fuming!  Oh God, I hope she is...she's so humorless.

Just to adjust expectations - I make it a habit of watching the F&F shitshow especially after an SNL sketch and they have *never* responded or shown any pissiness, alas. It's typical if you think of it - this is a crowd that refuses to acknowledge anything that flies in the face of its worldview (like, for example, facts.)

When Bitsy was on the View, they did address the parodies of the View from SNL on occasion, I think because Joy and Whoopi got such a kick out of them. Bitsy had to pretend to be okay with Kristen Wiig's unhinged shrill take on her, but it was pretty clear she was pissed (fake smile, dead eyes).

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 3

Just to adjust expectations - I make it a habit of watching the F&F shitshow especially after an SNL sketch and they have *never* responded or shown any pissiness, alas. It's typical if you think of it - this is a crowd that refuses to acknowledge anything that flies in the face of its worldview (like, for example, facts.)

Maybe because they don't even see them?  Those three morons seem pretty humorless to me.   Actually, Bitsy never seemed to have a sense a humor or let anything roll off her (remember the Law & Order incident?)  at all.  She's wound pretty tight.  

• Love 2

Any lingering respect I had for BaWa went totally out the window with that kiss ass interview of The Donald and family. Doesn't she feel any sense of responsibility to the country that made her a millionaire? So disappointed with her and the media in general that has enabled this racist, opportunistic jerk  to continue to be a viable candidate. It's ridiculous. It's possibly treasonous. 

ETA: Because Trump is not dumb ("buffoon"), but he is a real jerk and a huckster. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 11

Any lingering respect I had for BaWa went totally out the window with that kiss ass interview of The Donald and family. Doesn't she feel any sense of responsibility to the country that made her a millionaire? So disappointed with her and the media in general that has enabled this racist buffoon opportunistic jerk to continue to be a viable candidate. It's ridiculous. It's possibly treasonous.

I hear ya  merribreeze!  I'm not surprised though - Babs has been a huge fan of Donald Trump for literally decades and she's proud of it.   This was a just her trading on that relationship and staying in front of the camera.  I don't really even chalk it up to age, I think she's always been a fangirl of the rich and famous - her peers.     Unlike say Dan Rather who is also in his 80s and still putting out some really good work. 

And remember this is the same woman who clear back in 2008 vacationed (on her own time, not work) with Syrian madman Bashar Al Assad and his wife and described them as "charming and intelligent" when she returned.  Remember Assad did not just turn into a brutal dictator overnight - he's always been one; thus the revolution.  Her exclusive interview with him was ridiculous as I'm certain her interview with Trump was too. 

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 10

The purpose of journalism should be the afflict the comfortable, and comfort the afflicted. Under this standard, Babs has NEVER been a journalist. Her soft-focus, Vaseline-on-the-lens softball celebrity interviews epitomize her world view that the wealthy, powerful and the famous need to be fawned. There's a reason she always got the big "gets" - because their management and publicists knew that an interview with Babs was a handjob.

• Love 13

I just wanted to point out that Bawbwa has ALWAYS walked around clutching the arm of whomever is nearest.  It's her way of showing how close she is to stars both literally and figuratively.  When she used to do those celebrity interview specials you can see her clinging to Sylvester Stallone, Kathleen Turner, Patrick Swayze...

• Love 3

Hmmmmm...

Something seems fishy about this "putting her TV career on hold to devote more time to raising her three children". Faux News seemed to be her dream job and she never wanted to leave The View to spend more time raising her children. I don't think her and Timmy would have enough money for both of them to stay at home without working. I guess this answers the question as to why they want to offload their house. I wonder what's really going on?

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 7

Hmmmmm...

Something seems fishy about this "putting her TV career on hold to devote more time to raising her three children". Faux News seemed to be her dream job and she never wanted to leave The View to spend more time raising her children. I don't think her and Timmy would have enough money for both of them to stay at home without working. I guess this answers the question as to why they want to offload their house. I wonder what's really going on?

So far, she's made herself look like an idiot on a regular basis & I think TPTB don't want to take the chance on her going rogue during election season.

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 10

“Elisabeth and I discussed this at length over several weeks, and while I would love for her to continue here, I respect her incredibly difficult, yet deeply personal decision,” said Roger Ailes, chairman and chief executive of Fox News Channel, in prepared remarks. “She has been a great addition to the Fox & Friends franchise.”

Sure, Roger, sure. Shut up.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/elisabeth-hasselbeck-fox-and-friends-fox-news-1201646830/

• Love 9

Um, does anyone really believe she is leaving to raise her children?  She was fired.  You'd have to be deaf and blind to not realize what a disaster she is and completely incompetent as a television host/presenter.  She is unemployable in the tv universe (imho).  She blew her last shot at it.  

• Love 21

Um, does anyone really believe she is leaving to raise her children?  She was fired.  You'd have to be deaf and blind to not realize what a disaster she is and completely incompetent as a television host/presenter.  She is unemployable in the tv universe (imho).  She blew her last shot at it.  

Yes she did.  Ha ha ha ha ha!!!

• Love 7

I don't for one minute believe Elisabeth would willingly give up this job.  Oh God, maybe she has decided to run for office.

Or campaign for Survivor 2nd Chances. I'd love to see her give Survivor another shot, honestly. She really was likable when she was half-naked, starving and politically unaware.

• Love 7

Elisabeth Hasselbeck announces she's leaving 'Fox & Friends' so she can spend mornings with her children

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3330832/Elisabeth-Hasselbeck-announces-s-leaving-Fox-Friends-spend-mornings-

Oh ok,  Bitsy you don't have enough time in the afternoon, evenings and weekends with your kids so now you need the mornings, too. Got it-perfectly clear!!!

PS We always wondered how you even got that job to being with.

• Love 7

I don't know why they'd fire her. I'd think with how much she gets in the news for propagating their ignorance, she'd be given her own show. Then again, a woman's attractiveness means more over there and she's probably reaching her expiration date for them.

I hope The View wouldn't bring her back....

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 5

What are they doing with Abby Huntsman over at Fox? Wouldn't she be a likely candidate for Bitsy's spot? She's got cred, she represents a less strident version of the party (sorta the anti-Trump), she's beautiful, and she's likely to be more appealing (than Bitsy) to the desired demographic, at least in Ailes' eyes. I don't think she'd be willing to put up with the doofuses though. 

Edited by merriebreeze
  • Love 1

Bite your tongue.  Perish the thought.  Don't even go there.  They wouldn't, would they?  They couldn't, could they?  CCB ain't looking so bad considering...

Bitsy adds nothing to The View at this point that they don't already have. Between CCB and Paula there is enough love for Trump and they are all about the same age. Also, there isn't enough room at that table!

She needs the mornings to be with her kids, remember!!

• Love 5

As Jaded pointed out, this solves the house mystery. And it must have been in the works before then.

Tim, I believe, is one of a few panelists on a weekly fantasy football show on ESPN. His wikipedia says he's a "sports analyst" on ESPN as well but that is not a full time gig.

Edited by Mumbles
  • Love 3

Not that there's too many shows left in 2015 but:

Sherri Shepherd ‏@SherriEShepherd  · 23h23 hours ago 

Sherri Shepherd Retweeted Dean_Morgan
I have three projects I'm working on until the end of the year... hopefully I will be back with the ladies in 2016

• Love 2

Here you go, Vinyasa...house still up for sale.

http://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2125584649_zpid/4-_beds/4500000-4800000_price/16693-17805_mp/featured_sort/42.222415,-72.193909,40.38212,-75.698548_rect/7_zm/?3col=true

Well, the Bitsy news has made my day.  I've ever understood how that twit got to where she did, and don't believe for a moment that she's leaving to raise her kids.  Why now?  Yeah, that wonderful rush hour in the morning getting your kids dressed, fed and out the door would be the reason I'd give up a $1M+/year job.  HA, HA, HA...not likely.

Buh-bye, Bitsy.

• Love 10

What are they doing with Abby Huntsman over at Fox? Wouldn't she be a likely candidate for Bitsy's spot? She's got cred, she represents a less strident version of the party (sorta the anti-Trump), she's beautiful, and she's likely to be more appealing (than Bitsy) to the desired demographic, at least in Ailes' eyes. I don't think she'd be willing to put up with the doofuses though. 

I love Huntsman, shhhhh.  I was sad to see her leave MSNBC, she'd be a great replacement for Bitsy - but I don't know if there is any way in the world to make Doocey and Kilmeade tolerable.

It does seem odd that she'd leave teevee now, that's usually something you do when you have infants and toddlers.

• Love 4

Totally agree….you don't choose to leave a very high paying job, with dream hours (comparatively speaking) to make breakfast and do the school run.  I would happily get up at 4am (or whatever) to work for a few hours and be home by lunchtime to do anything I wanted.  And get paid 6 to 9 figures.  

And all the children are in school full-time now, so there isn't any worry about the little ones' well-being with strangers/daycare etc.  

Even though she is with like-minded racist, blood-thirsty types, she always just crosses the line to shrieking/trembling bible-thumper.  It's just unacceptable for television.  I watched that clip when Josh Earnest recently appeared on F&F, and it was incredible to me.  She really thought she was "standing her ground" and "speaking for America" scolding him like one would a child who misbehaved (I've never even spoken to my own child in such an unhinged manner, but you know what I mean).  Who does she think she is?  If, when GWB was president, and Ari Fleischer appeared, would she go crazy demanding he explain to her and "America" why they are invading Iraq for absolutely no reason.   Tear the White House Press Secretary because they lied to the world about the existence of WMD?  Riiiight…..

That was a ridiculous display from her, among the many.   

• Love 8

Please. Her show wraps up at 9, you know they do NO post-show review or pre-show prep, she has a car service, she's home in Connecticut by lunchtime, and certainly before they're home from school. Sure she has to leave the house at like 3:30 or so, but can Tim (and whatever help they have - and you *know* they have help) get three kids ready for school? If not, shame on him. And she's probably going to bed the same time the kids are. Bottom line - this is a *great* gig for a parent. Especially one married to another parent with no full-time work.

In all honesty I am surprised she lasted this long. I myself would HATE going to be at 8 and getting up at 3 (but for the right $, I would reconsider.) This woman has never had a traditional full-time job in her life (sneaker designer? Please.) This gig was probably the hardest job, hours-wise, she's ever had.

• Love 12

Wow, Hasselbeck only had the Fox gig for 2 years !

Yeah, there must have been trouble on the set and with Ailes. 

You know, back in 2013 when Hasselbeck and The View officially announced that she was leaving, remember how last minute it seemed to be for her, while Joy's departure, in stark contrast,  was announced months earlier with allowing her the dignity and grace of her still staying on the show a few weeks (?, ...or more). Then they even gave Joy a nice departing on air party with sincere fanfare and lots of good will. But for EH, she announced,.... then left the very next day, right? Even though we all knew it was coming for months. The way that was publicly handled always gave me the impression that The View was waiting for Ailes to make his decision. And maybe that decision was belabored, pressured, and unsure on Ailes' part. It was as if Barbara and Geddie cashed in an over due favor to help them save face and their precious reputations when both Joy and EH got canned by the suits at ABC.....for all those years of obvious crossover, regularly spewing Fox talking points on The View and oddly....and regularly featuring Fox stars , ...like O'Reilly on The View. Ailes caved.

That said, maybe EH was not fully "vetted" and was given a short term chance (contract) to prove herself. ....and she didn't.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 9

Courtesy of the Fox and Friends board on this site, here is a link to Bitsy's five "greatest hits."

http://www.salon.com/2015/11/23/elizabeth_hasselbeck_calls_it_quits_on_fox_friends_here_are_5_of_her_greatest_fox_news_fails/

That said, maybe EH was not fully "vetted" and was given a short term chance (contract) to prove herself. ....and she didn't.

Ding ding ding. I think we got a winner here.  The news about Bitsy broke on a Friday in March 2013 in US Weekly. Dopey Sherri basically verified it for us by tweeting how in shock she was.  Babs went on the show on Monday and lied to us and said the rumors were absowutely not twue, while Bitsy sat there miserably.

Nothing was ever officially said about Bitsy leaving, until the day she announced she was leaving and never came back.  She was absent for days - often at least a day a week.  No party or tribute. Sherri wasn't even there on her last day, and she was allegedly her bestie.  I suspect that her contract expired, but she was on a day-to-day until they could find a soft landing or come up with a cover.

I think that they never admitted she had been shitcanned to save Babs' face for coming out that day and lying about it.

And yes I think they strongarmed Ailes (or called in some favors) to let Babs save face and get this dummy a job.  It was no skin of Ailes' nose. The show is a complete joke and I don't think he puts real "talent" on it. And she has proven to be awful, even by the show's low standards. She can't ask a question to save her life. As those "top 5" moments show in that link above, she is really beyond stupid. I guess it got to a point that Ailes may want to give the gig so someone who might be awful but better than her. The woman who has that job on the weekend show may be an option. The horrific Kimberly Guilfoyle from their afternoon show (although not a blonde) may also get a chance.  This dummy - http://www.westernjournalism.com/watch-news-anchor-gets-fed-up-with-obama-and-says-what-everyones-been-thinking-in-epic-rant/- would also fit right in - and is young and blonde, the way Roger likes 'em.

• Love 6
Sure she has to leave the house at like 3:30 or so, but can Tim (and whatever help they have - and you *know* they have help) get three kids ready for school?

Those kids are 6, 8, and 10.   I was a year younger than that when (forced by sad circumstances), I had to get my sisters and me up, fed, and off to school every day.  Our mother had to leave early to walk two miles to catch her first bus.  We were never late for school--never absent.  We didn't have a phone, so our mother could only hope that things went well. We were probably always oddly dressed, and had no "help" at home.  It can be done and Tim is a bastard or an idiot if he doesn't handle it.

• Love 7

She was absent for days - often at least a day a week.

That same pattern is true here too, Mumbles.  I posted about it a couple of weeks ago - missing a day this week, two days the next, and so on.  You could almost see that she just wasn't as much "into it" as she had been  If she wasn't actually fired, she may have gotten damn tired of the crappy hours.  There's just two things I'll get up for at 3:00 a.m. - one is to go potty, LOL.  The $$$ might be tempting in the short term, but maybe Bitsy reached the end of her tolerance for the early to bed, early to rise. 

Gosh, who am I going to hate-watch now?

Edited by Tunia
  • Love 2

She really is hilarious is a very odd way, imo.

Someone remain calm during an Ebola outbreak - outrageous!!!

Death of an officer by a lit cigarette? Worse than a bullet!!!

A test to vote? But wasn't that already done?

Good grief - I am 68 and my forehead is not that wrinkled from scowling. But never a good look at any age.

OTOH - Gracie must be continuing to think for her self, Tim or the nanny must be doing a poor job in the morning, perhaps grapes are left in the sink. Or being stuck in their mansion the parks need monitoring.

• Love 5

I wonder if there are problems or issues with the kids that need her attention. I know my friend had three daughters she stayed at home to raise, and when it got to the point where they were all in high school, her husband, who had been her childhood sweetheart, started pressuring her to go back to work.  She turned on him and said, "Honey, do you remember what you and I did during high school when our parents weren't home?"  'Nuff said, she was a stay-at-home mom until they all went to college (and then she went to seminary school and is now a pastor).

I wonder if one of the kids might be having health or behavioral issues that could be helped by having a full-time at-home parent.

• Love 3

I'd rather think that she was fired but then I'm also wondering if her own health is an issue. She had that surgery about a year ago and reported that the tumor was benign, but, still ...

• Love 4

Oh dear, I'm not sure how I feel about Bitsy's departure from the morning morons at F&F.  On the one hand, I liked knowing where she was; I never had to worry about her turning up on any show I actually watched.  Plus, this seemed like the perfect job for her - fear mongering and blathering about things she knows nothing about.  I thought she had finally found her own kind.   She will NEVER find a job she is better suited to do and at 38 she still has a few good years by Fox standards.  No way this was her idea.   But I don't know why they would fire her - from the clips I've seen she's exactly the Faux News type: blonde, attractive, doesn't let the facts stop her from fear mongering and stirring up the crazies.  

I wonder if she will "write" another book and then maybe join the lucrative speaker circuit.  

On the other hand, if she really is going to stay at home and disappear from public view then I would be ecstatic  I can only hope she's not going to homeschool - for the kids sake.  

I don't for one minute believe Elisabeth would willingly give up this job.  Oh God, maybe she has decided to run for office.

MY GOD.  Please do not even put that out into the universe!   Wasn't Michelle Bachmann crazy enough?   

Tim, I believe, is one of a few panelists on a weekly fantasy football show on ESPN. His wikipedia says he's a "sports analyst" on ESPN as well but that is not a full time gig.

Hahahaha.   Tim Hasselbeck spent almost most of his college and  98% of his pro-career on the bench.  Then became a part-time "analyst"   He's a 38 year old with a family and never really held/worked a full time job*

I wonder if one of the kids might be having health or behavioral issues that could be helped by having a full-time at-home parent.

Well, if there are problems now wait until the big bucks stop coming in.   And hey, what about health insurance?  Am I going to have to tweet "Where are the parents?!?" to Elisabeth?  

*Not that professional ball player isn't work or a job.  But when you come off the bench three times in three years for three minutes, then I'm not sure it counts.   It's certainly not the NFL big money we hear about.  

Edited by Cosmocrush
  • Love 8

Not that professional ball player isn't work or a job.  But when you come off the bench three times in three years for three minutes, then I'm not sure it counts.   It's certainly not the NFL big money we hear about.

OMG. Seriously? Then he's as much a poser as she is.

• Love 3