Type keyword(s) to search

Former Hosts: PROFESSIONAL Life After The View

Jaded
  • Start Topic

I read on some article that she wanted her own team to be part of the show.... not sure if she got that wish or not.

If by "team" you mean production (as opposed to hair/makeup/assistant), if there's any truth to that rumor at all I think it's pretty clear she did not get that wish.

• Love 2

I caught a little of Fox and Fiends this morning and they were talking about how Ben Carson was closing in on Trump in the polls and whether Trump would go after Carson at the debate tonight. Bitsy opined that this would be a bad idea for Trump, because Carson "reeks of love."

"Reeks of love." Proud self-proclaimed graduate of the Barbara Walters School of Journalism, folks.

• Love 10

I caught a little of Fox and Fiends this morning and they were talking about how Ben Carson was closing in on Trump in the polls and whether Trump would go after Carson at the debate tonight. Bitsy opined that this would be a bad idea for Trump, because Carson "reeks of love."

"Reeks of love." Proud self-proclaimed graduate of the Barbara Walters School of Journalism, folks.

Moron.  This doesn't even scratch the surface of her hostile, creepy personality, but it just hits me randomly how much I despise Hasselbeck.  Hate is a pretty strong word I rarely use, but I really think I hate her and everything about her.  

• Love 7

Moron Maroon.  This doesn't even scratch the surface of her hostile, creepy personality, but it just hits me randomly how much I despise Hasselbeck.  Hate is a pretty strong word I rarely use, but I really think I hate her and everything about her.  

There! Fixed that for ya, MatchaLove!

No, no! No need to thank me! 'Twas my pleasure!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Bitsy opined that this would be a bad idea for Trump, because Carson "reeks of love."

Sure Carson "reeks of love".  Just like George W. Bush was a "compassionate conservative" who put us into an unlawful war where thousands of our soldiers died so he and his cronies could make billions of dollars.

Hate is a pretty strong word I rarely use, but I really think I hate her and everything about her.

Hate is what Elisabeth Hasselbeck deserves.  I mean after all it is what she dishes out on a daily basis.  She hates anything and everyone who doesn't fit her idea of what is right and acceptable.  The woman simply cannot comprehend that any view different than her own has validity. 

• Love 9

Nicholle Wallace will be on MSNBC after the debate

Saw it.  She looked good.  She sounded good.  Her old buddy Steve Schmidt was there too.   She said her Dad was a big ol' Trump supporter and they made a thing out of it.  It was funny. 

• Love 2

Apparently Rosie O'Donnell will be guest-starring on Empire's new season.

I'm not a regular viewer of Empire. I only mention it because I remember that Whoopi was always the one going on and on about the show, sucked up to the actors when they came on The View, and even outright asked for a job at one point, I believe. LOL

• Love 8

I am not defending Jenny McCarthy on this issue (or several others) but every once in a while I catch her Sirius show and she has said that The View hired her to be herself and all that entails and then early on they told her not to be. I never felt she was right for the show either way but what's up with that.

• Love 1

I'm not a regular viewer of Empire. I only mention it because I remember that Whoopi was always the one going on and on about the show, sucked up to the actors when they came on The View, and even outright asked for a job at one point, I believe. LOL

Seriously? Is this true?  Was this in some article somewhere? 

Because I might actually tune in. I don't watch this show, I like TP Henson, kinda mixed feelings on Terrance Howard. He rubs me the wrong way sometimes and I don't think he's that good of an actor. He has this staccato way of saying his lines that's annoying, he does it no matter what role he plays.  Anyway, the show and all the hype just doesn't draw me in....But I'll tune in just to see what role Rosie would be playing on it. Which is funny, because Whoopi wouldn't be enough to get me to tune in.

• Love 1

Because I might actually tune in. I don't watch this show, I like TP Henson, kinda mixed feelings on Terrance Howard. He rubs me the wrong way sometimes and I don't think he's that good of an actor. He has this staccato way of saying his lines that's annoying, he does it no matter what role he plays.  Anyway, the show and all the hype just doesn't draw me in....But I'll tune in just to see what role Rosie would be playing on it. Which is funny, because Whoopi wouldn't be enough to get me to tune in.

I started watching the show mid-season & got totally sucked in.  REALLY good show, with very interesting side-stories & a great cast.  (I'm not crazy about Terrance Howard either, but he's perfect for this part -- slime ball!!)

That's a hoot that Rosie got on the show & Whoopi didn't.  Hahahahaha!!!

• Love 4

I am not defending Jenny McCarthy on this issue (or several others) but every once in a while I catch her Sirius show and she has said that The View hired her to be herself and all that entails and then early on they told her not to be. I never felt she was right for the show either way but what's up with that.

I think that was about all the damage her anti-vaccine campaign did and is still doing although she has stepped back from it somewhat just recently.    So they hired her to be the silly/ raunchy blonde bombshell and then told her to zip it on the anti-vaccine thing.  In fact, I don't remember a single mention of her anti-vaccine campaign once during her time on this show, which was really weird in itself. 

From a February 2015 PBS interview on How the Vaccine War Has Changed in the last five years. 

....Jenny McCarthy wasn’t just leading the anti-vaccine movement, she was at the pinnacle of her career. What do you know about her voice now in the vaccine debate?

One that has definitely changed over the last four or five years in the vaccine debate is specifically Jenny McCarthy’s role in that debate. This was something that fairly recently really defined who she was in the public eye. She had a number of appearances on Oprah that got a lot of attention. She ended up signing a development deal with Oprah.

What has happened more recently is her association with these really rabid anti-vaccine views seems to be having a potential negative effect on her career. I think that’s fascinating and shows some of the shift that’s gone on in public. She did not last on The View for very long. There was never someone specifically saying that was because of her anti-vaccine views, but certainly one thing that came up a lot was that that was a part of her past and a part of [what] she stood for that made people uncomfortable.

It’s something that she very rarely now discusses in public. She’s moved on to other topics. So I think that’s a really interesting shift that’s happened.

• Love 2

From Ask Ro:

Martin writes: September 18, 2015 10:45 am

Did I miss something? Are you really going to be in EMPIRE?!

i am

sue writes: September 18, 2015 1:08 am

I can't wait to see the character they write for you on Empire.

me 2 !!!!

• Love 5

From Ask Ro:

Martin writes: September 18, 2015 10:45 am

Did I miss something? Are you really going to be in EMPIRE?!

i am

sue writes: September 18, 2015 1:08 am

I can't wait to see the character they write for you on Empire.

me 2 !!!!

OMG, the beotch in me is loving this!!  Suck it Whoopi!

• Love 10

I started watching the show mid-season & got totally sucked in. REALLY good show, with very interesting side-stories & a great cast. (I'm not crazy about Terrance Howard either, but he's perfect for this part -- slime ball!!)

That's a hoot that Rosie got on the show & Whoopi didn't. Hahahahaha!!!

Ha! That IS funny. I'd completely forgotten that Whoopster angled really hard for a guest gig on that show. And it's even funnier since apparently season two is going to be loaded with other big-name guest stars from Chris Rock to Marissa Tomei to Mariah Carey to Lenny Kravitz and on.

Maybe her consolation prize was doing her guest star gig on an ep of the very long in the tooth Law and Order SVU which airs in Oct. Or maybe her strident Cosby defense made her even more unpopular than we think. Hmmm...

• Love 5

Interestingly, part of or maybe all of Empire is filmed in Chicago.  I'm an occasional extra and the casting place I'm with is always looking for very specific types for the show, as well as stand-ins for the cast. I've never been on it, since they are usually looking for people of color who are young and fit. Not my demographic, damn the luck.

• Love 1

What a joke. I actually saw this segment live. Hillary was not at all part of the discussion. This is the second time in less than a month where she tries to rewrite actual, video recorded history (a few weeks ago she tried to back away from her question about Black Lives Matter being a hate group.)

• Love 2

Gee, how nice that Jenny M is still involved in the issue of autism, since her son no longer has it.   I mean, didn't she write a whole book on how she CURED him through diet and vitamins or something?   

As to Bitsy - yes, she was contrasting Hillary Clinton, whom Bitsy doesn't think is "real", to Ben Carson, saying he is the one REALLY being "real".   But of course, she did it by asking "Who is real?" , so she didn't SAY he was being real, she implied it by asking the question.  Same thing as the Black lives matter equaling a hate group.  She didn't say it, she ASKED it.  

So, I'm going to ask my question -  is there any evidence to show that Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a fucking asshole?  

(I'm not saying she is, I'm ASKING if there's any proof that she is or isn't one. )  

• Love 12

So, I'm going to ask my question -  is there any evidence to show that Elizabeth Hasselbeck is a fucking asshole? 

(I'm not saying she is, I'm ASKING if there's any proof that she is or isn't one. )

Shall we start the list alphabetically or chronologically?  One of the most asshole things Elisabeth ever said was when GWB was still in office and there was a discussion about CHIP insurance for children.  Elisabeth said where are the parents. Actually she shrieked it.  Like she was demanding to know why these parents weren't responsible for their children's insurance.  Joy said "Elisabeth they are poor".  That will always make me think of Elisabeth as a mean uncaring bitch.  She honestly didn't give a shit about poor children not  having insurance.  Like it was just their misfortune to be born to parents without insurance.

Edited by susieq147
  • Love 12

Points well taken, but I believe the post was made in jest - Bitsy's classic move is to say something awful about someone and claim later it was just a question.

When someone calls you out on your "question" be sure to cite Bible verses in your defense. That's what Bitsy is doing now. I guess the Lord died for our sins so now it's okay to defend a religious bigot as a "real person."

I wonder how many former professors or classmates of Bitsy from Boston College are fine with defending a categorical ban on Muslim presidents given that John F Kennedy faced the same bigotry for his Catholicism in 1960. Many argued thst his loyalty would be with thr Vatican and not with the United States. Bitsy's long left the Catholic Church so I'm sure she doesn't care, but I wonder what her Catholic family and friends think of all of this.

• Love 7

I'm more concerned about the organization that hired her. I always thought teachers valued children, and education. Yet they choose Sherri to MC?

Well to be fair,   I'm sure she was just hired for entertainment value alone.  It's a show not a conference. There are two other co-hosts, a CNN 'correspondent" and a local broadcaster.   The part that kills me is "Emmy Award Winner..."   Yes, amazingly enough it's true but it's also the year I decided the Daytime Emmy's were a joke. 

• Love 2