Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

Titans in the Media: The Gotham City Gazette

TITANS follows young heroes from across the DC Universe as they come of age and find belonging in a gritty take on the classic Teen Titans franchise. Dick Grayson and Rachel Roth, a special young girl possessed by a strange darkness, get embroiled in a conspiracy that could bring Hell on Earth. Joining them along the way are the hot-headed Starfire and loveable Beast Boy. Together they become a surrogate family and team of heroes.

NOTE: This is the TV-MA show on DC Universe, not one of the kid-friendly versions on Cartoon Network.

Media!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, paulvdb said:

Titans’ Gets Season 2 Premiere Date On DC Universe – Comic-Con

also will be streaming on the new HBO Max streaming service in 2020.

Seems like a lot is going on, and a lot of new characters. How many episodes is Season 2?

For those who have DC Universe, DC Daily #309 is actually a full-length watchalong of the S2 finale with Chelsea Zhang (Rose) and Curran Walters (Jason Todd).

That's interesting! I'd be curious about the sources of some of the information since not all of that is shown in the pictures (ie, Negative Man opening a portal and Raven training for 300 days, Gar turning into an eel or octopus instead of snake, Wally West being mentioned by Donna). Titans doesn't seem to stick the landing on their finales very well! Part of me thinks this would have been a better finale to season 1, but I agree with the article author that it probably would have resulted in season 2 not being as good, so I guess it's fine as it is. Would be fun to see some of the footage from the original finale on a DVD set or something. 

In case anyone who watches Titans does not follow the CW Arrowverse...

Spoiler

Last night on the first episode of Crisis on Infinite Earths, there was a nonspeaking cameo of Hawk and Jason Todd (in Robin suit) staring up at the red skies and then a bright light flashed as the anti matter wave took out their earth. It was identified as Earth 9. So they may have made Titans part of the Arrowverse multiverse. 

I say "may have" because we know Titans has been renewed for season 3, so either this will be undone and they'll remain on their own Earth 9 or this was a different but similar Earth to the one our show takes place in. Either way, I don't expect it to be addressed on Titans ever. But I still think the cameo itself was surprising and I shrieked when I saw it, so well done DC! 

Put this here since the spoilers aren't for Titans itself, similar to the "in other media" section that wikipedia has. 

• Like 2

That's what this show needs is more people. They can't even handle the ones they have. I suppose Barbara will be okay since she's part of the Batfam and this show is a Nightwing show disgused as a Titans show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

That's what this show needs is more people. They can't even handle the ones they have. I suppose Barbara will be okay since she's part of the Batfam and this show is a Nightwing show disgused as a Titans show.

My excitement for another live action Oracle superceded my concern that they have far too many characters. 

They are really overpowered, Superboy, Raven, Starfire, Krypto and Wonder Girl should be able to handle almost any threat.

Can Superboy fly?

Superboy, Raven, Starfire and Wonder Girl can fly in the comics. In this show only Raven has levitated.