Type keyword(s) to search

Single Parents In The Media

The series begins when the group meets Will, a divorced man in his 30's who is so focused on raising his daughter that he has lost sight of who he is as a man. When the other single parents see just how invested Will has become with PTA, parenting, and princesses, they band together to get him out in the dating world and make him realize that parenthood does not mean sacrificing everything about one's own identity.

Media!

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

Dammit. They just had to break up Poppy and Douglas too.  They couldn't have broken them up next season (that will never happen?)

They were a big reason I thought the show might make it. Guess the writers pulled out a big storyline and didn’t get enough interest to make it over the hump?

I’m disappointed because it was still one of their newer shows and the characters could still develop. ABC’s line-up feels a bit mature.

• Love 3
(edited)

I guess I'm going to have to choose to believe that Poppy and Douglas find their way back to each other. I really liked this show. So definitely disappointing. 

Ack! Going to that link I just discovered 3 other shows I watch are canned! 

Edited by joanne3482
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, joanne3482 said:

Ack! Going to that link I just discovered 3 other shows I watch are canned! 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure ABC just cancelled every show of theirs that I actually liked: Single Parents, Bless This Mess and Schooled.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Noooo! Last year they dumped The Kids Are Alright.....

Which I still haven't gotten over.

Bummed that this got canceled, but not surprised. I think this year was a gift.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't like the episode I saw of Stumptown so no comfort for me there.

It got better as it went on - but if you didn't like any aspect of the pilot at all, then it would not be the kind of show for you

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bros402 said:

It got better as it went on - but if you didn't like any aspect of the pilot at all, then it would not be the kind of show for you

I didn't see the pilot.  I think it was the second or third episode.  In theory, I thought I would like it but I just spent the whole episode....trying. With all the options out there, I don't have time for that unless there's something else about a show that will compel me to give it a few more chances. I'm happy for the many people who do like it, though.

But not happy enough to make up for this cancellation and unsatisfying ending.

On 5/21/2020 at 7:56 PM, lb60 said:

Bummed that this got canceled, but not surprised. I think this year was a gift.

Maybe.  And that's what makes me madder about how the showrunners ended things this season. At least last season there was a relatively decent ending if I'm remembering correctly.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2020 at 5:35 PM, joanne3482 said:

I guess I'm going to have to choose to believe that Poppy and Douglas find their way back to each other. I really liked this show. So definitely disappointing. 

Yeah I will have to choose to believe that too!!! Douglas changes his mind and really wants a baby!!! Also, Angie changes her mind about summer with her boyfriend, and goes to Will and tells him how she feels about him, and he tells her how he feels about her! They start dating and become a couple! Eventually, Douglas and Poppie get married, and so does Angie and Will!

"Ack! Going to that link I just discovered 3 other shows I watch are canned! "

Which ones? 😞 The other show I watch is Bless this mess, and that is canned too! 😞

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I didn't see the pilot.  I think it was the second or third episode.  In theory, I thought I would like it but I just spent the whole episode....trying. With all the options out there, I don't have time for that unless there's something else about a show that will compel me to give it a few more chances. I'm happy for the many people who do like it, though.

Try the pilot - it was much better than the second episode, since the pilot set up a lot of stuff and was overall a bit more flashy.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bros402 said:

Try the pilot - it was much better than the second episode, since the pilot set up a lot of stuff and was overall a bit more flashy.

It took me a few episodes, too. Tried the pilot, meh'd out of the next ones, but binged it during Christmas break insomnia. I'll watch season 2 as long as it stays out of soap opera territory. This one is teetering for me. Great music, though.

On 5/23/2020 at 1:39 AM, Irlandesa said:

But not happy enough to make up for this cancellation and unsatisfying ending.

Maybe.  And that's what makes me madder about how the showrunners ended things this season. At least last season there was a relatively decent ending if I'm remembering correctly.

Last season ended with Douglas and Poppy realizing they had feelings for each other - it definitely had more of a season finale feel. I think last year they weren't sure they would get a season 2 so they wrapped things up just in case, but this year they were more confident and hopeful for a season 3. Sadly it didn't work out that way. ☹️

I wonder how much COVID-19 contributed to the cancellation? I heard that they weren't able to shoot a lot of pilots and networks just had episode scripts to go off of for series pickups. If that's the case, I would have thought they'd keep more of their current shows to avoid risking a bad pilot they'd have to cancel mid-season. The choice to cancel shows that already have a set audience is really confusing. 

• Love 4
On 5/24/2020 at 12:32 PM, brighteyes said:

I wonder how much COVID-19 contributed to the cancellation? I heard that they weren't able to shoot a lot of pilots and networks just had episode scripts to go off of for series pickups. If that's the case, I would have thought they'd keep more of their current shows to avoid risking a bad pilot they'd have to cancel mid-season. The choice to cancel shows that already have a set audience is really confusing. 

Yeah, I'm sure someone was upset over something with money. Usually how shows get cancelled. Networks tend to beat shows into the ground that are making constant money for them, especially in syndication. Other times, there seems to be a more personal reason behind the cancelations. Then you get shows that are "saved" by networks that really should be left dead and buried. It's an odd industry. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm know I'm late to the party wake on this, but I hate this. I really liked this show and Schooled. I'm sad. 

Looking at this page I feel like some odd choices were made. AFV is renewed? Why? Who actually watches this still? Can't you get the same thing from youtube or fail army on snap without all the talking and fake interaction between clips? 

A Million Little Things was renewed? I tried with that show but I just couldn't. It's just so overwrought and overacted.

I don't know that I ever watched anything on CBS. About the only thing I watch on Fox is Bob's Burgers. I don't know why they continue to renew Family Guy. It's as if McFarlane is daring them to cancel it because he doesn't even seem to care anymore. Even though I watch Last Man Standing, I don't feel like it should've been renewed. And the Simpson's just keeps going because of inertia at this point.

Brooklyn Nine Nine is about the only thing left on NBC that I watch. And they used to have several good shows. I didn't catch Community when it was originally on but binged it on Netflix and fell in love with it. And Riverdale is the only thing from CW that I watch but I'm several seasons behind and watching it on Netflix. I know it's bad but I don't really care. I may not last the entire series.

I cut the cord a few months back and the networks are giving me fewer and fewer reasons to keep watching them.

Edited by Aryanna
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, Aryanna said:

I'm know I'm late to the party wake on this, but I hate this. I really liked this show and Schooled. I'm sad. 

Looking at this page I feel like some odd choices were made. AFV is renewed? Why? Who actually watches this still? Can't you get the same thing from youtube or fail army on snap without all the talking and fake interaction between clips? 

A Million Little Things was renewed? I tried with that show but I just couldn't. It's just so overwrought and overacted.

I don't know that I ever watched anything on CBS. About the only thing I watch on Fox is Bob's Burgers. I don't know why they continue to renew Family Guy. It's as if McFarlane is daring them to cancel it because he doesn't even seem to care anymore. Even though I watch Last Man Standing, I don't feel like it should've been renewed. And the Simpson's just keeps going because of inertia at this point.

Brooklyn Nine Nine is about the only thing left on NBC that I watch. And they used to have several good shows. I didn't catch Community when it was originally on but binged it on Netflix and fell in love with it. And Riverdale is the only thing from CW that I watch but I'm several seasons behind and watching it on Netflix. I know it's bad but I don't really care. I may not last the entire series.

I cut the cord a few months back and the networks are giving me fewer and fewer reasons to keep watching them.

AFV is super duper cheap and it just fills the slot on Sunday - since some parts of the year it airs against sports, and it's right after the national news, so there's carryover from that.