Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Days of Our Knives

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

I would enjoy this.

On Married To Medicine they show the guys getting together, but most of them were already friends. I do enjoy those segments.

Oh, I LOVE the nights out with the fellas on Married to Medicine and Love & Hip Hop, too, when I catch up on the latter show's episodes. The men on this show are barely acquainted, so we can't expect any of that kind of fun.

I get what people said in response to my "One of Gizelle's good friends is gay," comment, but I still do not believe that any of these women are at all homophobic, with perhaps the exception of Candace because she's a shady fucking bitch who learned goodness knows what from her crazy mum. They are some messy, gossipy bitches, though.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, byrd said:

Haha .. glad you found it funny..but how would it affect the men .. not following you .. of course the child, but I was speaking of the men .

Conversations on race and class were more prominent during Season 1, however clunky. In subsequent seasons, these themes still exist but are more subtextual. Some of these conversations exist off-air (see: Candiace recent tweets about colorism, bias and favorites)

Getting down to it, this franchise is supposedly aspirational. The black men of the cast have achieved a lot professionally, and on their way up, have encountered a lot of mediocre white men, that have continually gotten a pass. (All the while changing the old narrative about black fatherhood.) Brown Dick Chris doesn’t measure up.

Without the women at their sides, there is little incentive for this group of men to drive up to hour to sit and break bread with a dude that brings little to table. 

• Love 2
On 7/9/2019 at 7:41 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

This is the third week in a row my DVR has cut off. It shows it recorded all 63 minutes but then it just stops. Anyone else. I have U-verse. I tape a bunch of shows, none are overlapping this one and only this one cuts off. I think it’s a sign that I’m watching too much TV. 

Yes!!! I also have U-verse and this has happened to me several times in the last few weeks, all with Bravo shows. And only Bravo shows. What’s more, twice I’ve found a later airing of an episode to record in order to replace the one it only recorded part of, and it gets cutoff again, in the exact same spot!! 

It’s beyond irritating. 

(edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, qtpye said:

Usually educated professional African Americans have high expectations for their children. Candiass is a bit of a failure in this respect.

Isn't her father also an MD? 

I think her parents had high aspirations for her . I remember one of her rants about what kind of hubby her parents wanted her to have - hence Chris. I thought the same rant also mentioned career choices.

I thought she at least had a undergrad degree - in something to make her have that intern/clerk/page/etc. position in the Obama administration. 

I think she's also treading backwards (along with Ashlee) in the pageant circle top-runner-up/ winner's community. I thought the whole point of winning and doing pageants was to use the scholarship prize $$ for educational aspirations.  with her parents $$ & connections, along with pageant-stuff financials should be the last reason she doesn't at least have a MD/JD/MBA or even higher degree. Or a professional position (like an engineer - any major/specialty)  that would allow her to be financially independent from momma.

I just don't get it either that peddling wigs is more lucrative than a professional level career. A person can do their 9-5 ( ok 50-60 hr week)  and run their own independent side hussle business.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4
On 7/9/2019 at 7:41 AM, TV Diva Queen said:

This is the third week in a row my DVR has cut off. It shows it recorded all 63 minutes but then it just stops. Anyone else. I have U-verse. I tape a bunch of shows, none are overlapping this one and only this one cuts off. I think it’s a sign that I’m watching too much TV. 

Quoting myself here...so I schedule a taping again, went to watch it late night and it cut off. I swear this is the only show it happens to. It’s insane!

9 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Yes!!! I also have U-verse and this has happened to me several times in the last few weeks, all with Bravo shows. And only Bravo shows. What’s more, twice I’ve found a later airing of an episode to record in order to replace the one it only recorded part of, and it gets cutoff again, in the exact same spot!! 

It’s beyond irritating. 

Omg. I just posted this before I read yours. Thank for you validating me!  Lol

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Quoting myself here...so I schedule a taping again, went to watch it late night and it cut off. I swear this is the only show it happens to. It’s insane!

Omg. I just posted this before I read yours. Thank for you validating me!  Lol

And thank you for validating me as well! I just got to tell my husband that I was right—it’s not just happening to me—which I think we can all agree is a very satisfying, albeit immature, victory in any long term relationship. 😬

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Robyn  finally reveals Michael's secret comment, causing everyone to wonder about Darby's marriage; Candiace takes her mother to therapy; Ashley performs at Gay Pride, but the joyful event turns sour once her issues with Robyn reach a boiling point.

I don't care for Candiace but I just don't think the emotional, verbal and physical abuse she suffers at the hands of her mother is funny. And she is married to a bum - a straight up bum wrapped in white paper so he looks less like a bum.  Chris may be a "nice person" but he is 100% build-a-bear - you get a body and the rest you have to provide.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 4

I wonder if Candiace's mom discouraged her from pursuing a path that would lead to her independence (higher education, JD, MD, etc) to keep her more dependent on her. 

But Candiace doesn't seem to have a lot of drive herself. Is her wig business still a thing? I haven't heard much about it, and the housewives that have successfully launched brands manage to bring it up at least 1-2x an episode (Bethenny and Skinny Girl especially comes to mind).

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, nenya said:

I wonder if Candiace's mom discouraged her from pursuing a path that would lead to her independence (higher education, JD, MD, etc) to keep her more dependent on her. 

She has a degree from Howard and was pursing a career in politics.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:18 PM, Empress1 said:

I think it's inappropriate for Gizelle to tell Ashley to go back into Candiace's house when Candiace threw Ashley out, and tacky of Ashley to do it. I was with Karen on that - kicked out means kicked out. Go home and address all this shit some other time. 

I think that's what she meant. Chris doesn't seem like he cares about Ashley one way or the other, so he has no reason to lie.

Gizelle is being really messy playing runteldat, but that's nothing new.

Poor Chris. "My food is burning." He's just trying to cook for people and all these harpies are doing is shrieking.

EDIT: and the food was risotto! Risotto needs attention!

Don't you all just love how Gizelle throws the bomb on the table, it explodes , then she sits back and applies lipstick like she just had sex and wants a cigarette...Oh..... the satisfaction of it all. This shit is better than a climax lol !! Bitch messy as hell..

• Love 6
On 7/7/2019 at 7:40 PM, breezy424 said:

Candy:  If you don't like the way your mother treats you then move out.  Problem solved.  Oh wait.  What has been your career for the last ten years?  The extension thing with your sister?  Working as a hostess at the place Chris works?  Beauty pageants?  You should have gotten a job years ago but living with mom afforded you a lifestyle.

I also have no doubt that the mortgage on the townhouse is in moma's name. 

I have no sympathy for her.  Momma may be a horrible person but you're a grown ass 32 year old woman who had no problem taking money from her so support her and to pay for that over the top wedding.

I'm just watching this show so I'm late.  

But...I'm of two minds  My sister talks about"well worn paths" and I'm pretty sure that Candace's mom spent a lifetime setting this relationship up the way she wants it.  I don't think a good parent would have allowed a married 32 year old to have this degree of financial dependence.

HOWEVER, Candace is 32, and she knows that the money comes with strings attached.  You can't complain about being dependent when you haven't done anything TO be independent.  No one wants to work a job, but we all want the independence that money affords.  Selling hair on a website is not a real job, thats a side hustle.  I suspect she is educated, she is pretty and she is well spoken.  Candace could have had her pick of plenty of jobs....but they would have been JOBS, with health insurance, a decent paycheck, and expectations.  She doesn't want that, but you can rarely have your cake and eat it too.  

Candace was up there talking about how she had to take it easy and have an off day....from what?  What is it she is doing all day?

Though I don't think Ashley has ANY room to talk.  That is MICHAEL's condo, MICHAEL's restaurant and MICHAEL's money she lives off of.  I haven't heard anyone refer to OZ as "Michael's restaurant"

• Love 2