Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Days of Our Knives

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Candiace is fucking crazy. Her behaviour at that dinner was atrocious. I get Ashley started it, I get Ashley quicked went below the belt to disrespect Candiace the moment she didn't like what Candiace was saying (though she invited Candiace to explain herself), but Candiace's behaviour is next level. She's crying about her momma hitting her with her purse meanwhile she's waving a butterknife in someone's face. She's growing into the very image of her mother and it'll be a really fucking scary day for her when she realizes it. The way she handled her husband when he tried to calm her down -  how she easily disregarded him, says a lot about who she is. Candiace is a brat who is used to operating in a world where her feelings, experiences and opinions are paramount to everyone else's. Candiace hasn't been acting like a 'friend' to Ashley so she can miss me with all this trying to be a good human BUT I can see why she thinks Ashley's world is a bit contrived but her lack of control over herself in the way she's addresses other people I think is a direct result of the way she's restricted from expressing herself to her mother. The degree of rage and resentment radiating off of her - everyone is catching it because she can't direct at the one person who she really wants to direct it toward.

Miscarriage or not, trying for a baby or not, Ashley has been a messy ass bish since season 1 and she doesn't get any sympathy for me receiving her come uppance as the skeletons in her own closet come out. The way Ashley addressed the news about what Michael said and how she doubled down and immediatley said he didn't say that - I don't for a second believe her especially when she chose to make the conversation about Robyn's betrayal as a friend when Robyn did absolutely nothing wrong. Robyn didn't bring up the subject with Candiace, she simply co-signed what Candiace had said once she had said it. She isn't the one that raised the issue at the dinner and she had no desire to talk about it. She acted like Robyn was running around gossiping. Between the things Michael has said and the accusations and rumours out there about him, Ashley should be a bit more understanding of poeple's love to talk about the things they hear...especially because she's one of them.

Speaking of Ashley, she's either brave or delusional to have gone up on stage and tried to sing live. The prerecorded song was awful, her live performance was cringe-worthy, lol.

That performance was so darn bad , I changed channels while she was performing. I couldn't watch or listen  .Dang ..

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, oakville said:

I feel bad for Chris. He tried to make a nice meal for the ladies yet had to spend time physically restraining Candiace  from attacking Ashley.

The risotto looked very tasty!

Chris should have invited all of the men  (except Michael) instead of the women to the food tasting.. it would have been nice I'm sure.

• Love 4
(edited)

Anyone will to pay to see a bout b/w momma-Dr dorothy and momma joyce (kandie buress mom from rhoa)? 🏋️

Maybe that's what Andy should develop next...Mom of the real housewives - boot camp. Put them all in a house together..

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

I know that Ashley has done some seriously shady shit in the past and karma is a bitch and all that, but I fucking hate Candace with the fire of a thousand suns. She is an odious, shiftless bitch who deserves to have such a mean mum whom she is just like. She's a fucking liar, too.

I don't know what the Darbys' situation is and don't actually, but the sucking a dick thing swiftly went into overkill  and drive and I did not like it. I hate it when everyone gangs up on one person.

Anyway, Ashley has had her baby boy so we'll see what stupid Candace will be yapping about now. Actually, I hope she does not return for the next season. 

• Love 15
10 hours ago, sATL said:

Quick note as Bravo had a marathon of the season yesterday...

Doesn't it hurt to constantly, on  queue, to stick corners of napkins/tissues into one's eye's?

If Candice appears on WWHL - I hope someone submits this question. Or Andy asks a insensitive  question that make her start looking for one... Hell she might run over to the bar looking for a cocktail napkin.

So what if tears fall - waterproof cosmetics (not sure about eye lash glue) do exist.

Candice really can poke things into her eye's. Remarkably - they don't even turn red.  If I was momma/therapist/chris  - I would remove such from arm's reach before having a conversation with her. Doubtful if she is that old school to have tissue or handkerchief in her purse.

You don't actually touch your eye, you just get close enough to grab the tear before it falls.  I am one of those people that even waterproof mascara runs and streaks on even if I'm not crying (by the end of a night, I look like a raccoon no matter what I do), so if I'm crying, I try to head off as much damage as possible.  In fairness, though, I have also worn contacts for more than 20 years, so you could probably sit here with your finger on my eyeball and it wouldn't bug me. 

4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Candiace is fucking crazy. Her behaviour at that dinner was atrocious. I get Ashley started it, I get Ashley quicked went below the belt to disrespect Candiace the moment she didn't like what Candiace was saying (though she invited Candiace to explain herself), but Candiace's behaviour is next level. She's crying about her momma hitting her with her purse meanwhile she's waving a butterknife in someone's face. She's growing into the very image of her mother and it'll be a really fucking scary day for her when she realizes it. The way she handled her husband when he tried to calm her down -  how she easily disregarded him, says a lot about who she is. Candiace is a brat who is used to operating in a world where her feelings, experiences and opinions are paramount to everyone else's. Candiace hasn't been acting like a 'friend' to Ashley so she can miss me with all this trying to be a good human BUT I can see why she thinks Ashley's world is a bit contrived but her lack of control over herself in the way she's addresses other people I think is a direct result of the way she's restricted from expressing herself to her mother. The degree of rage and resentment radiating off of her - everyone is catching it because she can't direct at the one person who she really wants to direct it toward.

Miscarriage or not, trying for a baby or not, Ashley has been a messy ass bish since season 1 and she doesn't get any sympathy for me receiving her come uppance as the skeletons in her own closet come out. The way Ashley addressed the news about what Michael said and how she doubled down and immediatley said he didn't say that - I don't for a second believe her especially when she chose to make the conversation about Robyn's betrayal as a friend when Robyn did absolutely nothing wrong. Robyn didn't bring up the subject with Candiace, she simply co-signed what Candiace had said once she had said it. She isn't the one that raised the issue at the dinner and she had no desire to talk about it. She acted like Robyn was running around gossiping. Between the things Michael has said and the accusations and rumours out there about him, Ashley should be a bit more understanding of poeple's love to talk about the things they hear...especially because she's one of them.

I think Ashley is super messy and I have not liked her behavior in the past.  I also think, however, that Candiace has been gunning for her this season, so I'm not super upset with her saying that it was her mother's house when Candiace took things to a 48 right away.  Candiace came in snotty, Ashley responded, and it just escalated.  They had been planning an ambush for her to begin with, which always sucks, and Candiace had been running her mouth about all this stuff that Ashley did that she felt she was lying about, but don't bring up Candiace! (And yes, I realize that Ashley is the same, but she wasn't swinging a butter knife in anyone's face)

I did like the way Karen handled the Michael situation, weirdly.  Normally Karen isn't my favorite, but for her to just say, look, this is what it is, we have to let you know, you need to have a conversation.  We know it's hard, but go and have it, and figure things out.  That's all you have to do.  And then want to move on, I think that's a big change for her, and I liked it. 

• Love 8

I hope Candiace's mom loses all of her patients and at some point has Candiace has to foot her bills and control her.  Watching the Dr. shut her down was joyous.  And Dorothy had zero interest in actually getting to any real issues, she just wanted to pretend there is no real issue and lies about hitting her.  Unreal.

Ashley's performance...yikes.  How can she not be mortified?

Robyn's voice just annoys the fuck out of me.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
9 minutes ago, politichick said:

I hate it when everyone gangs up on one person.

Me, too.  Especially when it's about some thinly veiled homophobia, which of course everyone denies that it is--but it is.  I hate pile-ons, except if the person piled on were Candiace.  I would eat that up with a spoon.  🥄

11 minutes ago, politichick said:

Actually, I hope she does not return for the next season. 

Me, too, on this as well. And then she'd lose her Bravo paycheck, which I'm guessing was her only hope of getting out from under her hideous mother's heel.  They deserve to spend eternity together.

That guy who was onstage for Ashley's delusional singing was her brother?  Gizelle mentioned that the song was penned by her sibling, I'm pretty sure.  He didn't look anything like the guy she had dinner with in either S1 or S2--the one who was in college?  Maybe she has more than one brother?

I would pay money to see a sing-off between Ashley and Candiace.  Because I'm a masochist.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
31 minutes ago, politichick said:

Anyway, Ashley has had her baby boy so we'll see what stupid Candace will be yapping about now. Actually, I hope she does not return for the next season. 

Baby boy and ownership in her home with her husband.

Is Candiace still living in her mom’s house and driving her mom’s car? 

She was a White House intern and came away from that with no opportunities? The people I knew who did that went on to become attorneys or lobbyists. She’s a hostess at a restaurant and trying to launch a crappy wig line with less ambition than known kept woman Kim Zolciak’s.

She threw away a chance at independence and a good career to be somebody’s baby forever. But her mom money comes with strings and her husband has 3 kids to support on limited funds. So now, she’s blotting tears, starting fights and throwing knives.

Stay mad, Candiace.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I think it's easy to say Candiace should get up off her butt and pay her own way (which I think Chris2 is going to tell her on the next episode).  But Dorothy deliberately did not give her the tools to be independent and I'd bet every time Candiace tried to show some independence, Dorothy cut her off at the knees, either with money or with tearing down her self esteem.

There's probably a bunch of gaslighting and hiding on Dorothy's part...peep how Candiace told the therapist about the hitting incident and Dorothy tried to hush her up by asking her why was she bringing that up?  Dorothy wants herself portrayed as good and Candiace portrayed as bad (and vice versa from Candiace).

I think Candiace would benefit from individual therapy and not any therapy with her mother because 1) her mother is not receptive to it, 2) her mother only wanted to paint a picture of her being the long suffering mother, captive at the hands of an insufferable brat when both of them are to blame and 3) she knows all the tricks the therapist will pull.  If Candiace does counseling with another person, it should be with Chris.

13 hours ago, drivethroo said:

Dorothy is not going to let Candiace grow up without a fight.  She wants Candiace under her thumb, sniveling and folding up napkins and crying.  Once Chris starts to assert himself, she's going to attack him and try to tear their marriage apart (which is why they should go to joint counseling).

My mother is controlling like Dorothy is.  It is clear that although she claims to be supportive of her daughter, she has been undermining Candiace all of her life.  Dorothy has played mind games with her daughter since she was born.  Candice has been mentally abused to the point that she does not trust herself and is dependent on Dorothy.  Candiace needs individual therapy to help her to "grow up".  Chris is a good man who seems to love her and will help her.  For Dorothy, Candiace have the support of a loving husband and a good therapist, is her worst nightmare.  Her need to control her daughter is pathological. 

Hopefully in time Candiace will take her power back from Dorothy and cut her out of her life.  Like my mother, Dorothy will NEVER change and bring nothing but pain and dysfunction to her life.  It is a painful process but it may bring Candiace peace.  It does not mean that she does not love her mother but Dorothy is just too toxic to be a part of her life.  

• Love 8
On 7/4/2019 at 10:08 AM, pasdetrois said:

Candace's home is a condo, one of multiple units in that building. One of the units is currently for sale, and I was surprised at the low price.

Catering and restaurants in the DC area are extremely competitive, with a few long-established big companies getting most of the catering work. Even with his exposure from the show, Chris (or anyone) would struggle to make catering a going concern. I doubt his cookbook will do much - he's not a Teresa G.

I too have wondered whether Candace's mother still has an active practice, and whether IT is a going concern. Surely her behavior would damage her professional reputation.

This why I stated catering for intimated parties with maybe a 100 people or less.  He does not need a large catering business because that's to much overhead and cut into his profit margin. Let the other catering business handle large events, his could be more of a boutique catering.. I would love for him to cater some small events of mine.  

Just now, byrd said:

This why I stated catering for intimated parties with maybe a 100 people or less.  He does not need a large catering business because that's to much overhead and cut into his profit margin. Let the other catering business handle large events, his could be more of a boutique catering.. I would love for him to cater some small events of mine.  There will always be competition, but he could carve out his own little niche and still be successful.

1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

Candiace have the support of a loving husband and a good therapist, is her worst nightmare.  Her need to control her daughter is pathological. 

Chris has not been her husband long enough to prove he’s a good one or can handle this dysfunction and her therapist is conducting sessions on reality tv. This does not bode well for any progress.

She needs private individual therapy. Because no matter how awful her mother is, she didn’t make her throw a knife at someone in anger.  And she definitely needs to work through that without her mother sucking all the air out of the room.

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, byrd said:

maybe a 100 people or less.  He does not need a large catering business because that's to much overhead and cut into his profit margin. Let the other catering business handle large events, his could be more of a boutique catering.. I would love for him to cater some small events of mine.  

I mean he works at and has a small ownership interest in a restaurant that caters events so it’s not like he doesn’t know the options of catering he probably realizes for whatever reasons that is not the direction he wants to go in. 

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, movingtargetgal said:

My mother is controlling like Dorothy is. 

I am really sorry to hear that, must have been really rough for you growing up. My dad was very controlling but not manipulative or abusive, so a very different experience than yours.

22 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t get why Gizelle is jealous of Monique.  Monique is not a rocket scientist.  All she is, is lucky.  Everything she has is a result of luck, can’t hate a person who is a recipient of dumb luck.

Monique is beautiful, smart, funny and a good mom.  It was not luck that Chris married her.....he’s a good guy and she is a great partner.

• LOL 1
  • Love 20
(edited)
5 hours ago, byrd said:

Chris should have invited all of the men  (except Michael) instead of the women to the food tasting.. it would have been nice I'm sure.

How would this benefit a group (minus Michael) of black men -- family men -- who are, or have been distinguished professionally, against odds, to sit and play house for some opportunist who hasn't seen his son in 10 years?

Edited by bombast
Poor azz grammar
  • Love 2

Potomac really got hit hard by today’s rain and flooding and I was wondering how the women fared, but then I remembered Monique is the only one that actually lives there.

The good news is it cooled down and Katie should be ok without air conditioning tonight.

• LOL 10
9 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

her husband left her and had a child with someone else that's not going to happen again so she will control you, you wont leave her cause she will control what happens if you do ..you will have nothing you will be nothing you are worth nothing without her and she gets off on that in a sick way

But here's the gag...Candiace's father cheated on Dorothy while DATING Dorothy.  She knew all of this was going on and married Candiace's father anyway...there's an 8 year difference between Candiace and her brother.  Dorothy could've said "naw, git gone" to Candiace's father BEFORE marrying him and later having Candiace.  Don't punish everybody else because you CHOSE to marry a guy who got another woman pregnant while you were dating him.

8 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Candiace is a brat who is used to operating in a world where her feelings, experiences and opinions are paramount to everyone else's.

She get it from her momma.

• Love 14
(edited)
21 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Candy:  If you don't like the way your mother treats you then move out.  Problem solved.  Oh wait.  What has been your career for the last ten years?  The extension thing with your sister?  Working as a hostess at the place Chris works?  Beauty pageants?  You should have gotten a job years ago but living with mom afforded you a lifestyle.

I also have no doubt that the mortgage on the townhouse is in moma's name. 

I have no sympathy for her.  Momma may be a horrible person but you're a grown ass 32 year old woman who had no problem taking money from her so support her and to pay for that over the top wedding.

20 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

On second watch, I find it hysterical that Ashley is thrown out of Candyass’, comes back twice and starts talking like nothing happened and on her second exit says, “I know how you like getting popped by a purse.”  The first time I thought it was really rude, but, watching it again, I think it’s funny as hell.

9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Speaking of Ashley, she's either brave or delusional to have gone up on stage and tried to sing live. The prerecorded song was awful, her live performance was cringe-worthy, lol.

8 hours ago, oakville said:

Katie was hilarious in the car with Ashley. She asked her if "sucking d*ck" is an Australian thing. She is so much more mellow than she used to be.

6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Her mom is not just a therapist, she is a Psychiatrist (an MD, not a PhD)! Super smart and batshit crazy, all in one package. 

As for Ashley's singing, my SO asked if she offered to perform at pride for free because "I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to invite her to sing anywhere."

5 hours ago, byrd said:

That performance was so darn bad , I changed channels while she was performing. I couldn't watch or listen  .Dang ..

Ashley has a banging body but damn that performance was embarrassing. She could of at least done some cute choreography.

I am glad Kangaroo Jack was not at Virginia pride to sexually harass the men in the in his quest for dick.

Why is Ashley mad at Robyn when Giselle is the one throwing all the shit on the table.

Usually educated professional African Americans have high expectations for their children. Candiass is a bit of a failure in this respect.

Dorothy, this show is going to ruin you professionally. Pretty soon you won’t be able to pay anyone’s mortgage including your own.

Dorothy is vile as hell. However, I’ve noticed that Candiass waited for the checks to clear on the wedding before she brought all these issues up.

Ashley not leaving Candiass’s house is a testament to how hungry she was for Chris’s food.

White Chris married for the come up and he might have to earn every penny.

Katie saying that dick sucking might be how you say hello in Australian is amazing. I might like her better high.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 9
(edited)
4 hours ago, smores said:

I think Ashley is super messy and I have not liked her behavior in the past.  I also think, however, that Candiace has been gunning for her this season, so I'm not super upset with her saying that it was her mother's house when Candiace took things to a 48 right away.  Candiace came in snotty, Ashley responded, and it just escalated.  They had been planning an ambush for her to begin with, which always sucks, and Candiace had been running her mouth about all this stuff that Ashley did that she felt she was lying about, but don't bring up Candiace! (And yes, I realize that Ashley is the same, but she wasn't swinging a butter knife in anyone's face)

I did like the way Karen handled the Michael situation, weirdly.  Normally Karen isn't my favorite, but for her to just say, look, this is what it is, we have to let you know, you need to have a conversation.  We know it's hard, but go and have it, and figure things out.  That's all you have to do.  And then want to move on, I think that's a big change for her, and I liked it. 

I thought Ashley came in snotty with the way she presented the discussion at the table without being prompted really. Ashley wanted Candiace to own what she said and explain herself and Candiace was handling her temper well enough when she attempted to do so but the moment Ashley realized that Candiace was doubling down on the things she had said behind her back, she wasn't speaking to Candiace to 'hear her', she was speaking at her to hurt her and I think that's what set Candiace off because Ashley immediately deflected from a conversation she started and threw low blows at Candiace on a subject that she knew was especially sensitive with Candiace in that moment. I don't personally care that she brought up the mom - I'm not one of those viewers that arbitrarily decide what's crossing a line and what isn't. I just think that Ashley was the instigator but even in recognizing that, there was no way to justify the level of rage that Candiace exhibited. She needs more than family therapy with her mom.

I don't think they were planning an ambush at all. I think they were just being catty and gossiping about one of the guests before they arrived. I don't think Robyn ever intended to bring up the Michael comments and given how far gone Candiace went in her stupid rage and still hadn't mentioned Michael as a low blow (which at least would have been truth and not an 'opinion' for once), I'm not entirely sure she was ever truly 'planning' on bringing it up. It was Gizelle that was planning on spilling the tea the moment she heard it...just as she does with everything else she hears.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, oakville said:

Katie was hilarious in the car with Ashley. She asked her if "sucking d*ck" is an Australian thing. She is so much more mellow than she used to be.

That’s because she seems like she’s drugged. I wonder if there is a lot more footage of Katie that they decided not to use because her presence has been very spotty. When they first announced her return, I expected her to have a much larger role and I have a feeling they did too. I think her footage was unusable because her behavior was odd or she was often unexpectedly absent.

• Love 4

2 hours ago, qtpye said:

Usually educated professional African Americans have high expectations for their children. Candiass is a bit of a failure in this respect.

I'm starting to feel sorry for her. Poor girl is hustling backwards.

In so many ways.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't think they were planning an ambush at all. I think they were just being catty and gossiping about one of the guests before they arrived. I don't think Robyn ever intended to bring up the Michael comments and given how far gone Candiace went in her stupid rage and still hadn't mentioned Michael as a low blow (which at least would have been truth and not an 'opinion' for once), I'm not entirely sure she was ever truly 'planning' on bringing it up. It was Gizelle that was planning on spilling the tea the moment she heard it...just as she does with everything else she hears.

Robyn likely wasn't planning to bring it up, I think she was good with not mentioning it in the group at all.  I think Candiace deliberately brought it up to Robyn and Gizelle so that it was on the table and was planning to bring it up in front of everyone when Ashley was there.  Gizelle flat out said she was going to bring it up when Candiace went to the door to let Ashley in.

I find Gizelle amusing as hell, but I'm not involved with her at all, so she's an awesome character.  I can't help but laugh when she's announcing that she had something to bring up to Monique but there's late breaking penis sucking news and so therefore it will have to wait while they investigate this new situation.  But she did engineer Ashley and Candiace fighting.  Robyn even seemed like she was trying to point out that Candiace seemed to be coming for Ashley in a kind of relentless way, which is when Candiace took the opportunity to drop the news about Ashley's husband.  Gizelle also threw Robyn under the bus with the announcement and that wasn't cool.  Ashley had no way to know that, though at the Pride event, so Robyn was in a shitty place, as she's trying to say she wasn't going to bring it up and Gizelle did, but as far as Ashley knows, Robyn is the one who outed the info.

• Love 5

This is the third week in a row my DVR has cut off. It shows it recorded all 63 minutes but then it just stops. Anyone else. I have U-verse. I tape a bunch of shows, none are overlapping this one and only this one cuts off. I think it’s a sign that I’m watching too much TV. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, smores said:

Robyn likely wasn't planning to bring it up, I think she was good with not mentioning it in the group at all.  I think Candiace deliberately brought it up to Robyn and Gizelle so that it was on the table and was planning to bring it up in front of everyone when Ashley was there.  Gizelle flat out said she was going to bring it up when Candiace went to the door to let Ashley in.

I find Gizelle amusing as hell, but I'm not involved with her at all, so she's an awesome character.  I can't help but laugh when she's announcing that she had something to bring up to Monique but there's late breaking penis sucking news and so therefore it will have to wait while they investigate this new situation.  But she did engineer Ashley and Candiace fighting.  Robyn even seemed like she was trying to point out that Candiace seemed to be coming for Ashley in a kind of relentless way, which is when Candiace took the opportunity to drop the news about Ashley's husband.  Gizelle also threw Robyn under the bus with the announcement and that wasn't cool.  Ashley had no way to know that, though at the Pride event, so Robyn was in a shitty place, as she's trying to say she wasn't going to bring it up and Gizelle did, but as far as Ashley knows, Robyn is the one who outed the info.

I agree that Gizelle is great reality TV but I think I'd stay far away from her in real life. I also agree that she engineered the fighting between Ashley and Candiace. Candiace and Robyn held on to the Michael information from the others (and each other) only up until the point where the information was relevant to the question being asked. Had that conversation happened between just Candiace and Robyn before the dinner, I think it highly unlikely that it would have been brought up, angry Candiace or not. Even if Candiace was holding that information in her arsenal, she becomes a next level of dumbass when she's verbally engaging with someone and I don't think she has the mental capacity to put it all together and deliver reads the way Ashley quickly came for her.

Throw Gizelle into the mix and it's guaranteed that the information is going to get passed around and time and place be damned. The more inappropriate the time and place, the more Gizelle salivates to spill the tea. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I agree that Gizelle is great reality TV but I think I'd stay far away from her in real life. I also agree that she engineered the fighting between Ashley and Candiace. Candiace and Robyn held on to the Michael information from the others (and each other) only up until the point where the information was relevant to the question being asked. Had that conversation happened between just Candiace and Robyn before the dinner, I think it highly unlikely that it would have been brought up, angry Candiace or not. Even if Candiace was holding that information in her arsenal, she becomes a next level of dumbass when she's verbally engaging with someone and I don't think she has the mental capacity to put it all together and deliver reads the way Ashley quickly came for her.

Throw Gizelle into the mix and it's guaranteed that the information is going to get passed around and time and place be damned. The more inappropriate the time and place, the more Gizelle salivates to spill the tea. 

I'd never be friends with her. You can't trust her. And I don't think it's just for the show, either - I remember her saying "People go to people's houses and talk shit, it's what they do," after the fight at Monique's house, and ... no, it's what mean, petty people do. I mean, that "Broke Bill Gates" and the t-shirt she made to clown Karen were really, really mean things to do to someone she's supposed to be a friend to. I know Karen puts on airs, but I think underneath it all she's a good friend - she's been great with the younger women (Ashley, Candiace) when they need an ear. Said it before, I'll say it again: Gizelle is Jane Toussaint from School Daze, 30 years later. She must have been a NIGHTMARE on line. (She and my mother are sorors. My mother would HATE Gizelle.)

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'd never be friends with her. You can't trust her. And I don't think it's just for the show, either - I remember her saying "People go to people's houses and talk shit, it's what they do," after the fight at Monique's house, and ... no, it's what mean, petty people do. I mean, that "Broke Bill Gates" and the t-shirt she made to clown Karen were really, really mean things to do to someone she's supposed to be a friend to.

Yup....that t-shirt alone would have found her cut out of my life for good.

Bitch is just as messy as the younger girls.

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

I'd never be friends with her. You can't trust her. And I don't think it's just for the show, either - I remember her saying "People go to people's houses and talk shit, it's what they do," after the fight at Monique's house, and ... no, it's what mean, petty people do. I mean, that "Broke Bill Gates" and the t-shirt she made to clown Karen were really, really mean things to do to someone she's supposed to be a friend to. I know Karen puts on airs, but I think underneath it all she's a good friend - she's been great with the younger women (Ashley, Candiace) when they need an ear. Said it before, I'll say it again: Gizelle is Jane Toussaint from School Daze, 30 years later. She must have been a NIGHTMARE on line. (She and my mother are sorors. My mother would HATE Gizelle.)

I could get that you go to your girlfriend's house and you get petty and gossip. But she was trying to justify why she would go to an event AT Monique's home and talk shit about Monique...because that's just what people do. She's just foul, lol.

• Love 4

^^^^Amen!!! I keep wondering when the scales are going to fall from these chicks eyes and they are going to see Gizelle for the puppet master she is. She is still that mean head of pledges...

• Love 4

Y'know, I’ve been meaning to mention this...

So Gizzard and Beaky Buzzard could go to Ashley’s Pride event and hear her warble that damned Coffee and Love song, but they couldn’t bring their asses to Monique’s Rainbow baby event?

Puhleez….how many basketball games does Beaky’s kids have in that she couldn’t forego it.  And you know damned well Gizzard would have been straight up hating had she attended Monique’s gala.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

Yup....that t-shirt alone would have found her cut out of my life for good.

Someone you claim to consider a friend, warts and all (I'm sure Karen has always put on all these grande dame airs), is going through a very difficult time and that's how you react? And you double down and say you're not going to apologize when your friend tells you that the name you called her husband hurt his feelings? I mean, that's shitty. Even her kids said it was mean. And there are lots of examples. She claimed to love Sherman's kids, yet she's on television calling their mother a horse-face, repeatedly. She and Robyn and Ashley did all this "Where do you really live, Karen?" shit when Karen is busy tending to her ailing parents. I just don't think Gizelle is a nice person, at the core. Or she's only nice to a select few people (she does seem to be a loving mom and a good daughter).

You also couldn't tell her anything in confidence because she'd have told you y'all's other friend's business five minutes ago. She's probably fun to go shopping with, but a real, deep friendship where I trust her with my feelings? Nah, never.

• Love 8

Ok, this show is growing on me.  It really can be funny, messy and entertaining.   Those tabloids were flashed too quickly for me.  Was Michael caught in another situation in the past?  

I do think these ladies are very attractive too.  Monique is drop dead gorgeous.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

Was Michael caught in another situation in the past?  

Karen said he was "swinging his ding-a-ling all over Instagram." And I think there was something at a party in the first season ... something about him grinding on someone or something? My friend is convinced that Michael and Ashley have an arrangement.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Karen said he was "swinging his ding-a-ling all over Instagram." And I think there was something at a party in the first season ... something about him grinding on someone or something? My friend is convinced that Michael and Ashley have an arrangement.

And this is why I think the comments about possible homosexuality aren't b/c of homophobia.  I'm sure they are privy to much more than we are and probably see that it's essentially a sham marriage.  I'm sure if Michael was talking about wanting to go down on a specific woman, it would have been equally as scandalous.  He's a married man who is not only talking about giving head, he's apparently groping male cameramen.  He's telegraphing his sexuality while being in a marriage.  To a woman.  I find it hard to believe that most people wouldn't be shocked by it all and not due to homophobia if their friend's husband was doing what Michael is doing.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
(edited)

When Kate first (re)appeared this season - did she give any details or backstory  as to what's been going on  with her since we saw her last ?  if she did  , I  missed it.

What's  the latest regarding her kids? Her current man (she too seems to be overly man crazy)? What new line of business she's trying to start?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
19 hours ago, qtpye said:

Ashley has a banging body but damn that performance was embarrassing. She could of at least done some cute choreography.

I am glad Kangaroo Jack was not at Virginia pride to sexually harass the men in the in his quest for dick.

Why is Ashley mad at Robyn when Giselle is the one throwing all the shit on the table.

Dorothy, this show is going to ruin you professionally. Pretty soon you won’t be able to pay anyone’s mortgage including your own.

Dorothy is vile as hell. However, I’ve noticed that Candiass waited for the checks to clear on the wedding before she brought all these issues up.

Ashley not leaving Candiass’s house is a testament to how hungry she was for Chris’s food.

White Chris married for the come up and he might have to earn every penny.

Katie saying that dick sucking might be how you say hello in Australian is amazing. I might like her better high.

Candace bears a large share of responsibility for the way her mother treats her because she sold her respect to Dorothy to keep up appearances and pretensions. Just like now, she's too tired to unpack those boxes and needs to rest after getting married. Yes, the mother is nuts and mean and controlling, but Candace, I think, has made it okay as long as the mother filled the coffers and now that she's on TV realizes how fucking stupid she's looking.

She would never say, Okay, mum, Chris and I will move out and pay for the roof over our heads ourselves. She would never do what Robyn did when she was experiencing hard times and live in a dumpy old townhouse. She'd much rather be abused

Dorothy is probably pretty pissed at her, too, because as you say, black professionals have high expectations for their children and this daughter she has has no ambition whatsoever and however nice Chris may be, he comes from a poor background and has three kids and two or three baby mamas. So not what she dreamed of for her daughter.

I work on the Hill and she would never make it up here. As a reporter I did some stories on rising African-American stars in the Obama White House and her name was certainly never mentioned. She clearly did not take advantage of that opportunity and they were probably glad to see the back of her. She likely loved to brag about interning there but did little work. She's like a black bougie young version of Hyacinth Bucket.

And now the silly cow is wondering if the backlash she's receiving is because of colorism:
https://urbanbellemag.com/2019/07/rhop-star-candiace-dillard-wonders-if-backlash-from-viewers-is-due-to-colorism/2/

No, dingaling. It's because you are a fucking useless, vile bitch.

I think Ashley was mad that Robyn was talking about the dick sucking with others in public before coming to her to talk about it in private now that they're better friends. She probably didn't realize Gizelle's messy boots started that conversation at dinner.

I don't think the women are homophobic--at least one of Gizelle's good friends is gay. I think they were just being catty, petty, gossiping bitches, and would have been the same if Michael had said he wanted to go down on a woman not his wife.

• Love 11

I agree with everything in your post but this:

5 minutes ago, politichick said:

I don't think the women are homophobic--at least one of Gizelle's good friends is gay.

That's kind of like saying, "I'm not a racist. Here, look at my black friend!"  That nonsense has been held out as a cover for racism for decades.  I think it's entirely possible to have a black friend (or friends) and be inherently racist and to have gay friends and be a homophobe.  We tend to make exceptions in our prejudices for those individuals we love.  I don't believe they'd be making such an issue if Didgeridon't had said the same thing about a woman.  When Gizelle alleged that Ray Huger had made a remark about wanting to lick some woman all over (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this), it was mentioned all of once and then dropped.  This gay business has taken on a life of its own, and I'm not convinced that it isn't more about the gay than it is about the potential infidelity.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

That's kind of like saying, "I'm not a racist. Here, look at my black friend!"  That nonsense has been held out as a cover for racism for decades.  I think it's entirely possible to have a black friend (or friends) and be inherently racist and to have gay friends and be a homophobe.  We tend to make exceptions in our prejudices for those individuals we love.  I don't believe they'd be making such an issue if Didgeridon't had said the same thing about a woman.  When Gizelle alleged that Ray Huger had made a remark about wanting to lick some woman all over (someone correct me if I'm wrong about this), it was mentioned all of once and then dropped.  This gay business has taken on a life of its own, and I'm not convinced that it isn't more about the gay than it is about the potential infidelity.

I called someone out for saying he didn't think gays should be allowed to marry and he tried to hit me with "I have gay friends." I pointed out that if he thought these gay friends didn't deserve the same rights he did, they weren't his friends. So yeah, you can be homophobic and have gay people you call friends.

Re: the bolded, yeah, Gizelle claimed Ray wanted one of Gizelle's friends sexually and Karen said "Girl, please," and that was the first and last we heard of it.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, politichick said:

Candace...would never say, Okay, mum, Chris and I will move out and pay for the roof over our heads ourselves. She would never do what Robyn did when she was experiencing hard times and live in a dumpy old townhouse. She'd much rather be abused

So much truth up here ^ ^.  This is why I could never like Candiace.  No character.  And, yes, Candiace, you did publicly disparage Ashley when you shamed her pageant title and claimed yours was better, so miss me.

I thought this was the best episode in a really long time.  

It was hilarious that Ashley reentered the premises twice after being kicked out.  I found myself wondering out loud if Maryland has a castle law, and, if so, could Candiace be justified in using lethal force on Ashley?  New reality show!

I don't like when they dial it to 11, the way Candiace did, because that means someone (Ashely) has to leave and the fun can't go on.  This reminded me of season 2, when Monique asked Gizelle to leave her party, and half the group filmed on a sidewalk in the dark.  Kind of stupid.

Maybe I'm alone here, but...I didn't think Robyn (if she's a real friend) had to talk about the dick-sucking at the table.  I feel like if it were Karen in that spot, she just would have said, "Gizelle, I am not entertaining this at the dinner table; Ashley, call me tomorrow if you want to talk.  Chris, I love this duck!"  Now...if Robyn thinks Ashley has been a shady bitch and she wants to do tit for tat...fine.  I am more than here for that.  But don't act like you were all Spanish Inquisitioned...

Y'all...I took a few episodes off from posting, because something crazy happened:  I almost completely switched the Housewives I was rooting for, and I had to process it.  I started the season Team Giz, Rob and Ash, and now I don't care for any of those three, yet Karen and Monique(!) are winning me over (still hate Candiace).  

I noticed for the first time this episode that Gizelle bears a passing resemblance to Tyra Banks.  

I could give a shit about Kangaroo Jack and his sexual proclivities.  Ashley is very savvy, she'll work the 'nup if it comes down to that and she'll be just fine. Ashley is also bisexual.  At the season one reunion, she told Andy that she used to have a girlfriend.  She's probably not fazed by a hypothetical sausage suck.

I'm just gonna put this out there, because it's going to bother the living hell out of me if it turns out that the sausage Michael wanted to suck was Juan's (which I suspect it will be).  Juan is not one of y'all's man, Rob-byn, so he doesn't count.  You are the ex-wife that he bangs when he's too lazy to go out looking for strange.  Unless one of the other women are dating Juan--which I wouldn't necessarily put past him--he is not someone's "man" in the group.    

• Love 8
13 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

So Gizzard and Beaky Buzzard could go to Ashley’s Pride event and hear her warble that damned Coffee and Love song, but they couldn’t bring their asses to Monique’s Rainbow baby event?

Why would Gizelle or Robyn go to Monique's Rainbow baby event, even if Monique had invited them? Gizelle & Monique don't like each other and Chris1 is uncomfortable because of the whole Sherman thing.  Didn't Monique try to attack Robyn with an umbrella last year?

7 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

I don't believe they'd be making such an issue if Didgeridon't had said the same thing about a woman. 

Most of Season 2 and 3 was Ashley running around saying Juan was with people who weren't Robyn and trying to get down to the bottom of their relationship, so I absolutely think if Michael or any of the guys were sniffing around another woman, the group would make a big deal of it.

Ray didn't have an established pattern of sniffing after other women.  Gizelle's accusation went flat because the only person who had seen these advances by Ray was Gizelle.

Michael has a pattern of fishy behavior:

• Grabbing Katie's boyfriend's butt in S1
  • Running down to the gay club to hang out with Ashley & the Girls after being told it was a girl's night out in S1
  • Blogs publishing naked photos of him reportedly taken by other men in S2
  • Checking out other dudes at the Club in S4
  • Loudly proclaiming he wants to suck {    }'s dick in S4
  • Grabbing the cameraman's ass during filming in S4

Now, let's scramble the roles.  If, while married to his young wife Candiace, Chris 2 grabbed Robyn's butt, if Chris2 had naked photos of him taken by a mystery woman & published in Bossip or the Shade Room, if Chris2 was checking out other women at the club, if Chris2 said he wanted to {sexual act} {mystery woman}, if Chris2 was suspended from production because he grabbed the camerawoman's butt ...

If Chris 2 did all this, the women would be all over Candiace wondering about the true nature of their marriage.

2 hours ago, LibertarianSlut said:

And, yes, Candiace, you did publicly disparage Ashley when you shamed her pageant title and claimed yours was better, so miss me. 

Hasn't it been Ashley who has shaded Candiace about her Miss United States title?  I mean, nobody has heard of Miss United States.  Miss America & Miss USA, yes.  Miss United States, no.  I think participants in both Miss America and Miss USA would band together and agree they are better pagaents than Miss United States.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, drivethroo said:
23 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Why would Gizelle or Robyn go to Monique's Rainbow baby event, even if Monique had invited them? Gizelle & Monique don't like each other and Chris1 is uncomfortable because of the whole Sherman thing.  Didn't Monique try to attack Robyn with an umbrella last year?

All true....however, Gizzard invited Monique to New Orleans along with the others and Monique went.

As for Beaky Buzzard, if she and Gizzard had an event and invited Monique, she'd go unless it had to do with Big Chris or the kids.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 6:00 PM, bombast said:

How would this benefit a group (minus Michael) of black men -- family men -- who are, or have been distinguished professionally, against odds, to sit and play house for some opportunist who hasn't seen his son in 10 years?

Well , how did it benefit the women ? Other than to have a cackling hen session because it sure as hell wasn't about the darn food.  Men like to eat good food too.. whether he has or has not seen his son for 10 years is a non issue , that only affects Chris , no one else.   Could have been a boys night out if they were interested. 

Edited by byrd
  • Love 3
(edited)
18 hours ago, Mondrianyone said:

Being homophobic suggests that any of those women think that being gay is something inherently wrong and/or inferior. So what specifically makes you think there's a chance that their hang up on Michael might be homophobic? If anything, I think these women are invested in how scandalous it is and not about 'the gay' or about the potential infidelity. I think they're just there for the drama - they're noticing the smoke and are trying to figure out if there's fire. Michael is an easy target because he's been caught in many precarious situations and most of them related to men. I imagine Ray would label himself a straight man so a rumour about him cheating on his wife with another woman is scandalous but certainly not nearly of the same shock value as an admittedly straight, married man who is found in precarious positions that include uninvitingly squeezing another man's ass while dancing next to him on the dancefloor, caught sharing his peen online with not-his-wife and now being heard saying he wanted to suck a guy's d***. And since then was slapped with a sexual misconduct charge from a male on the Real Housewives set who alleges that Michael groped him. At this point, I'm past him and Ashley denying his interest in men or denying the things he's said and done but my issue with him at this point is that it seems that he seems  inclined to invading other people's spaces and getting handsy and that's not a gay or straight thing, that's a Michael thing that I hope they bring attention to (but I understand at this point in the show, they're going off of the sucking comment).

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, byrd said:

Well , how did it benefit the women ? Other than to have a cackling hen session because it sure as hell wasn't about the darn food.  Men like to eat good food too.. whether he has or has not seen his son for 10 years is a non issue , that only affects Chris , no one else.   Could have been a boys night out if they were interested. 

That only effects, Chris??? 

Haha! Thanks for the laugh.

Just now, bombast said:

That only effects, Chris??? 

Haha! Thanks for the laugh.

Haha .. glad you found it funny..but how would it affect the men .. not following you .. of course the child, but I was speaking of the men .

(edited)
9 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Being homophobic suggests that any of those women think that being gay is something inherently wrong and/or inferior. So what specifically makes you think there's a chance that their hang up on Michael might be homophobic? If anything, I think these women are invested in how scandalous it is and not about 'the gay' or about the potential infidelity. I think they're just there for the drama - they're noticing the smoke and are trying to figure out if there's fire. Michael is an easy target because he's been caught in many precarious situations and most of them related to men. I imagine Ray would label himself a straight man so a rumour about him cheating on his wife with another woman is scandalous but certainly not nearly of the same shock value as an admittedly straight, married man who is found in precarious positions that include uninvitingly squeezing another man's ass while dancing next to him on the dancefloor, caught sharing his peen online with not-his-wife and now being heard saying he wanted to suck a guy's d***. And since then was slapped with a sexual misconduct charge from a male on the Real Housewives set who alleges that Michael groped him. At this point, I'm past him and Ashley denying his interest in men or denying the things he's said and done but my issue with him at this point is that it seems that he seems  inclined to invading other people's spaces and getting handsy and that's not a gay or straight thing, that's a Michael thing that I hope they bring attention to (but I understand at this point in the show, they're going off of the sucking comment).

This is exactly where I am.  In fact, just about all of them were like "who cares if he wants to suck dick..." For fear of sounding homophobic.

And if you are in a marriage of course it is going to be more salacious or shocking if all of his extra curricular activities or comments are all about the same sex.  If a homosexual marriage was mired with one of the partners having hetero tendencies people would talk about that too.  Sometimes I think we have swung the pendulum too far with homophobia accusations.  It IS shocking and scandalous that a man in a heterosexual marriage is loudly professing wantimg to suck a man's dick.  That wasn't just a silly comment based on the later groping of a cameraman.  Guarantee you he has made other overtures before.  And based on Ashley's reaction, they don't have an open marriage. Or she would prefer more discretion.  So it's really not a case of "who cares if he wants to suck dick."

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, byrd said:

Men do like good food. They can eat it on Real Husbands of the DC Metro Area. But the wives are the main focus of this show. And no one was gonna care about his food anyway. The food was just a producer driven excuse to get the ladies together so Candiace could play Jack the Ripper and label Michael as a gay man (remember quainter times when Michael was branded a hetero sex pervert for hypothetically “trying” to see the women in their panties while they were at his beach house for a girls weekend?)

Is the implication that men aren’t catty and know how to behave? It’s not like the men on these shows aren’t messy too. We’ve seen BBG and Mike get snippy with each other on air for various reasons. Juan would’ve been trying to leave early to go meet up with another woman, someone would’ve called White Chris a deadbeat, and Black Chris would have to hold him back to keep him from throwing hot risotto in someone’s face.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, brillia79 said:

Is the implication that men aren’t catty and know how to behave? It’s not like the men on these shows aren’t messy too. We’ve seen BBG and Mike get snippy with each other on air for various reasons. Juan would’ve been trying to leave early to go meet up with another woman, someone would’ve called White Chris a deadbeat, and Black Chris would have to hold him back to keep him from throwing hot risotto in someone’s face.

I would enjoy this.

On Married To Medicine they show the guys getting together, but most of them were already friends. I do enjoy those segments.

• Love 4