Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E09: Days of Our Knives

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/5/2019 at 11:48 AM, brillia79 said:

I don’t think they are in DC though. I’m pretty sure that’s Fort Washington or Oxon Hill/National Harbor in PG County. A condo there would be significantly less than in DC (still pricey compared to many other areas of the country).

I'm pretty sure it's at the National Harbor in Oxon Hill. Still pricey, but not as bad as Potomac or anywhere in Montgomery county. They start in the 600-700K range. More because it seems like she has an end unit. 

ETA: I am not spending that much money to share a wall with someone. I just cannot do it. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 7

Wait, Karen, because a man is a witness that makes it true?  I’m going to assume she means to say someone with no skin in the game to disparage Ashley’s husband as a witness makes it true, and spoke badly, because otherwise that is too much.

(Also, not disputing that Michael may have said it.  I believe he and Ashley have an arrangement and if it works for them, so be it.)

• Love 11
(edited)

Gizelle is making sure she won’t have to stop to get something to eat on the way home if they get thrown out of Candyass’. She’s really shoveling in the food.  There aren’t any fast food places in National Harbor.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • LOL 13
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think it's inappropriate for Gizelle to tell Ashley to go back into Candiace's house when Candiace threw Ashley out, and tacky of Ashley to do it. I was with Karen on that - kicked out means kicked out. Go home and address all this shit some other time. 

14 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wait, Karen, because a man is a witness that makes it true?  I’m going to assume she means to say someone with no skin in the game to disparage Ashley’s husband as a witness makes it true, and spoke badly, because otherwise that is too much.

(Also, not disputing that Michael may have said it.  I believe he and Ashley have an arrangement and if it works for them, so be it.)

I think that's what she meant. Chris doesn't seem like he cares about Ashley one way or the other, so he has no reason to lie.

Gizelle is being really messy playing runteldat, but that's nothing new.

Poor Chris. "My food is burning." He's just trying to cook for people and all these harpies are doing is shrieking.

EDIT: and the food was risotto! Risotto needs attention!

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 18

I don’t get why Gizelle is jealous of Monique.  Monique is not a rocket scientist.  All she is, is lucky.  Everything she has is a result of luck, can’t hate a person who is a recipient of dumb luck.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Gizelle is being really messy playing runteldat, but that's nothing new.

Seriously, no one is going to remember how Gizelle brought it up?  When Ashley is later telling her she’s upset with Robyn, Gizelle is like “oh yeah, she should have talked to you about it directly instead of at the dinner.”  Ummm — you brought it up at the dinner lady!

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Candace mother is a horrible human being  I’m sorry.

She told Candiace straight up that her money comes with her mouth - "you want me to spend $4000 a month on you [!] but not say anything?" Candiace and Chris really need to move out of that condo and let Dorothy do whatever she's going to do.

16 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

Why are you sorry? 

She is a vile, vile, nasty piece of work and a horrible excuse for a mother.

I loved, loved, loved how that therapist put her in her place. Not a fan of TV therapy, but I was of that session.

My new name for white Chris is The Candiace Whisperer.

I agree. As soon as Dorothy said she was a therapist, the therapist knew what he was up against and headed it off at the pass. I liked how every time Dorothy interrupted, the therapist checked her on it. Every single time. He didn't give her an inch. That's how she needs to be handled.

I don't like Candiace's high ponytail dramatic eye talking head look. Not a fan of Robyn's purple wig either.

Two laugh out loud moments: when Gizelle's friend asked "So whose penis is [Michael] trying to suck?" and then he pointed to himself questioningly, and when Ashley* says "You know [rumors about Michael being gay] have bothered me in the past" and Robyn shot back "I don't know that! We're at the gay pride festival right now!"

*Who REALLY cannot take what she has dished out, as Robyn points out.

Did Katie start to say that the reason she wraps her head is because she doesn't have AC and she does her own hair? Is she OK?

Edited by Empress1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)

Candiace vs her mom vs. Dr. Ken

Dorothy is a vile human being.  Dr. Ken should've asked her if she feels Candiace is so disrespectful, why does she continue paying a 30+ year old woman's bills?

A normal, well adjusted parent isn't going to pay $4000 a month for their adult child to talk back to them.  A normal, well adjusted parent will say the money train is over, I've called a Realtor to sell the house, when the house closes you need to be out.

Dorothy is never going to do that because the money is the control over Candiace. 

She was very nasty to Dr. Ken from the jump ("I'm a therapist too"). I also am glad he put her in check every single time she interrupted or tried to pull rank.

Ashley vs. Robyn and the truth

Ok.  Ashley spent all of Season 1 ki'ki'ing with Katie about Robyn's money woes, she spent all of Season 2 talking about Robyn's relationship with Juan but now all of a sudden Robyn is a terrible person because she heard Kickback say he wanted to suck a dick.  Be mad at Candiace, be mad at Michael, but girl...you spent the first 3 seasons of this show giggling and he-haw'ing and concern trolling Robyn's life but now you can't take it?

Girl, bye.  Congratulations on the birth of Baby D, though.

Gay Pride performance

They cut out a lot of the performance, because there was a blurb in the local paper (Richmond) that Robyn & Gizelle were up on the stage dancing with Ashley.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
(edited)
11 minutes ago, drivethroo said:

Ashley spent all of Season 1 ki'ki'ing with Katie about Robyn's money woes, she spent all of Season 2 talking about Robyn's relationship with Juan but now all of a sudden Robyn is a terrible person because she heard Kickback say he wanted to suck a dick.

I don't even know what Ashley wanted from Robyn. It seemed like she wanted Robyn to deny hearing it, but Robyn has been clear that she heard it. It seemed like Ashley floundered when she wanted Robyn to say it wasn't true and Robyn was clear in her position that she doesn't know what Michael sucks or doesn't suck, but she definitely heard him SAY he'd suck a dick. 

5 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Pay attention to the scene of Katie and Ashley in the van. Katie was hiiiiigh AF. Katie needs to get her shit together.

I liked how Katie was like, "so does Michael suck dick or nah?"

3 minutes ago, Mr. Minor said:

Previews looked interesting, 

I assume the news story they're all gasping about is Michael grabbing a cameraman's ass.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I’m confused as to where Katie could possibly be living where there’s no air conditioning.  Not that there aren’t places without ac, but, I thought her family had money.

She's probably living at her farm in Virginia.  If it's an old farmhouse, it may not have central air.  If she doesn't have any chemical straightening going on, it's not going to make any sense for her to blow it out/hot comb it when 10 minutes later its poof city in her house (or outside of the house --DMV is very humid in the summer).

Having said that, there are entirely too many hairdressers in the area that could hook her up with a cute, summer style.  Or a wig.

• LOL 2
  • Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Pay attention to the scene of Katie and Ashley in the van. Katie was hiiiiigh AF. Katie needs to get her shit together.

Forget the scene in the van, I'm pretty sure she was totally dozing off at the table while all the drama was going on. I definitely thought something wasn't right with her there. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

Forget the scene in the van, I'm pretty sure she was totally dozing off at the table while all the drama was going on. I definitely thought something wasn't right with her there. 

Oh yeah, I noticed that too. I'm not a drug person so IDK what she's on, but it's very obvious she's on something.

• Love 1

Candy:  If you don't like the way your mother treats you then move out.  Problem solved.  Oh wait.  What has been your career for the last ten years?  The extension thing with your sister?  Working as a hostess at the place Chris works?  Beauty pageants?  You should have gotten a job years ago but living with mom afforded you a lifestyle.

I also have no doubt that the mortgage on the townhouse is in moma's name. 

I have no sympathy for her.  Momma may be a horrible person but you're a grown ass 32 year old woman who had no problem taking money from her so support her and to pay for that over the top wedding.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, drivethroo said:

Having said that, there are entirely too many hairdressers in the area that could hook her up with a cute, summer style.  Or a wig.

Katie does have a wig. A very very bad ratty cheap looking wig. We saw her in front of the mirror in New Orleans putting it on. She wears it a lot. It's hideous. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

On second watch, I find it hysterical that Ashley is thrown out of Candyass’, comes back twice and starts talking like nothing happened and on her second exit says, “I know how you like getting popped by a purse.”  The first time I thought it was really rude, but, watching it again, I think it’s funny as hell.

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I cannot stand Ashley at all. She is a major deflector who loves to dish it but cannot even remotely take it. Is she just kidding or does she really not remember that Gizelle started that whole thing about Michael wanting to suck a dick? And is she kidding or does she think that homemade song and her tweenage flat rendition of it is gaining her "fans"? She don't know how Bravo productions work?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I have no sympathy for her.  Momma may be a horrible person but you're a grown ass 32 year old woman who had no problem taking money from her so support her and to pay for that over the top wedding.

32... going on 16...

• Love 12

Quick note as Bravo had a marathon of the season yesterday...

Doesn't it hurt to constantly, on  queue, to stick corners of napkins/tissues into one's eye's?

If Candice appears on WWHL - I hope someone submits this question. Or Andy asks a insensitive  question that make her start looking for one... Hell she might run over to the bar looking for a cocktail napkin.

So what if tears fall - waterproof cosmetics (not sure about eye lash glue) do exist.

Candice really can poke things into her eye's. Remarkably - they don't even turn red.  If I was momma/therapist/chris  - I would remove such from arm's reach before having a conversation with her. Doubtful if she is that old school to have tissue or handkerchief in her purse.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, retired watcher said:

I want a whole show of Candice and her mom in therapy.

I don’t, AT ALL. I left the room during that segment. She needs to take her childish ass to Bad Girls Club, or somewhere. And take her deadbeat kept husband with her.

Edited by bombast
damn typos
  • Love 7

So now we're openly acting...badly. Chris backed Candiace into a corner how many times? Four? Five? And I think while she was sitting down? Hilariously bad acting. Perhaps they should audition for one of the animal shows. They can help corral loose dogs. And Chris is a creepy deadbeat.

The Is-Michael-Gay thing still bugs me. It's because Candiace, Robyn, Gizelle and Karen consider homosexuality extra scandalous and therefore deserving of a prolonged pile-up. The more they can embarrass Michael and Ashley, the happier they are. (Shades of Perez Hilton)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, drivethroo said:

I guarantee if Candiace tells her mom "I'm done, we'll be out of the house in 30 days," her mom will then hold the cost of the wedding over her head.  Perhaps mom will threaten to sue Candiace & Chris for the wedding costs, to the point where they feel they have to stay in the house.  Or it will be the weave business.

Yep. When Candiace tried to assert herself about her brother coming to the wedding, the first place Dorothy went was "How dare you betray me, I'm the one who paid for all your pageant stuff." I find it fascinating, from a psych perspective, but it's also pretty gross. If the younger daughter has any sense, she won't take anything from Dorothy. 

I wonder if Dorothy runs all over her husband?

• Love 11
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

the first place Dorothy went was "How dare you betray me, I'm the one who paid for all your pageant stuff." I find it fascinating, from a psych perspective, but it's also pretty gross.

My Mom was very bad about this when I was younger (good god my life really was a bad made for tv after school special lol) ... She would buy me things then hold it over my head like some kind of reverse blackmail. it gave her some kind of weird control and made me NEVER trust anyone when it came to "gifts".. my motto became If you can give it to me you can take it away just as fast and to this day i refuse any kinda of gift from the woman because no matter how innocent it may seem it always gets thrown back up the moment she has a problem with me... Dorothy is using it the same way its CONTROL for her she can control how you act by yanking things away or "threatening" to its a way sick way to give people gifts... but it does go to that old saying HURT people HURT people ... her husband left her and had a child with someone else that's not going to happen again so she will control you, you wont leave her cause she will control what happens if you do ..you will have nothing you will be nothing you are worth nothing without her and she gets off on that in a sick way... listen how she tells her daughter those exact things when she doesn't have the control over her that she thinks she deserves   ...... Yes Candace needs to take care of herself she needs to learn to rely and become self sufficient  but her mother good god the woman needs TONS of therapy STAT giving someone something doesn't give you the right to lord it over their head it wasn't a gift or giving for the love of it if you are expecting people to act the way SHE chooses in return..

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 7

Candiace is fucking crazy. Her behaviour at that dinner was atrocious. I get Ashley started it, I get Ashley quicked went below the belt to disrespect Candiace the moment she didn't like what Candiace was saying (though she invited Candiace to explain herself), but Candiace's behaviour is next level. She's crying about her momma hitting her with her purse meanwhile she's waving a butterknife in someone's face. She's growing into the very image of her mother and it'll be a really fucking scary day for her when she realizes it. The way she handled her husband when he tried to calm her down -  how she easily disregarded him, says a lot about who she is. Candiace is a brat who is used to operating in a world where her feelings, experiences and opinions are paramount to everyone else's. Candiace hasn't been acting like a 'friend' to Ashley so she can miss me with all this trying to be a good human BUT I can see why she thinks Ashley's world is a bit contrived but her lack of control over herself in the way she's addresses other people I think is a direct result of the way she's restricted from expressing herself to her mother. The degree of rage and resentment radiating off of her - everyone is catching it because she can't direct at the one person who she really wants to direct it toward.

Miscarriage or not, trying for a baby or not, Ashley has been a messy ass bish since season 1 and she doesn't get any sympathy for me receiving her come uppance as the skeletons in her own closet come out. The way Ashley addressed the news about what Michael said and how she doubled down and immediatley said he didn't say that - I don't for a second believe her especially when she chose to make the conversation about Robyn's betrayal as a friend when Robyn did absolutely nothing wrong. Robyn didn't bring up the subject with Candiace, she simply co-signed what Candiace had said once she had said it. She isn't the one that raised the issue at the dinner and she had no desire to talk about it. She acted like Robyn was running around gossiping. Between the things Michael has said and the accusations and rumours out there about him, Ashley should be a bit more understanding of poeple's love to talk about the things they hear...especially because she's one of them.

Speaking of Ashley, she's either brave or delusional to have gone up on stage and tried to sing live. The prerecorded song was awful, her live performance was cringe-worthy, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 18

I feel bad for Chris. He tried to make a nice meal for the ladies yet had to spend time physically restraining Candiace  from attacking Ashley.

The risotto looked very tasty!

• LOL 1
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

So now we're openly acting...badly. Chris backed Candiace into a corner how many times? Four? Five? And I think while she was sitting down? Hilariously bad acting. Perhaps they should audition for one of the animal shows. They can help corral loose dogs. And Chris is a creepy deadbeat.

The Is-Michael-Gay thing still bugs me. It's because Candiace, Robyn, Gizelle and Karen consider homosexuality extra scandalous and therefore deserving of a prolonged pile-up. The more they can embarrass Michael and Ashley, the happier they are. (Shades of Perez Hilton)

Katie was hilarious in the car with Ashley. She asked her if "sucking d*ck" is an Australian thing. She is so much more mellow than she used to be.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
52 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

Miscarriage or not, trying for a baby or not, Ashley has been a messy ass bish since season 1 and she doesn't get any sympathy for me receiving her come uppance as the skeletons in her own closet come out.

Yup.....it may come off as the ladies are being mean to her but I say pour it on!  Heiffa's been stirring the pot for 3 seasons, it is her turn now.

Gizzard you still ain’t shit and you need to fuck right off!  First of all, why are you so hard up on spilling err’one’s tea?!  You straight up threw Beaky Buzzard under the bus by making her tell Ashley about Koala Dan’s desire to suck a dick then you have the unmitigated gall to have Ashley come back into a house that she was just thrown out of?  and I'm sorry but when did Karen say that Kangaroo Kevin didn't love his wife?  Once again you're twisting words to suit your trifling ass.  Bottom line, you ain’t shit bitch and I’m hoping that come season 5 it’ll be your turn to be in the spotlight, and not in a good way. 

Loving White Chris more and more….from his attempts to cool down Candiace to the wonderful food display.  He got me hungry again at the seared scallops with risotto.

Gotta watch the ending eppy again ‘cause I fell asleep on Candiace and Dorothy’s therapy session with Dr. Norbit (now tell me he don’t look like Norbit with hair!)

Norbit.jpg

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 13
36 minutes ago, oakville said:

I feel bad for Chris. He tried to make a nice meal for the ladies yet had to spend time physically restraining Candiace  from attacking Ashley.

The risotto looked very tasty!

Actually, being on the come-up, he tried to promote his colleagues/employers’ restaurant. Not that I blame him — only a fool would come on these shows without something to shill.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, UniqBlue69 said:

You want confirmation of this, pay close attention to Katie at the dinner. There was one point when everyone was screaming, and it appeared that Katie has dozed off (or "was just resting her eyes")

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I also have no doubt that the mortgage on the townhouse is in moma's name. 

It's definitely in her mama's name as she brought the place well before Chris was ever on the scene. 

Also, doing the math, if Mama's 1/3rd is $4k a month, then that place went for more than a million - I'm calling bullshit on that. I think Mama is inflating her numbers to get more sympathy.

• Love 3
On 7/1/2019 at 12:11 AM, Stats Queen said:

If it was my purse, it would really, really hurt because it is heavy because, well, I’m me. If it was my sister’s purse it wouldn’t hurt as much.

Wonder if momma had her concealed  piece in her purse. Too bad no one has a video of the incident.

The way candice cries at the mention of a conversation- I wonder did she need to go to urgent care...

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

It's definitely in her mama's name as she brought the place well before Chris was ever on the scene. 

Also, doing the math, if Mama's 1/3rd is $4k a month, then that place went for more than a million - I'm calling bullshit on that. I think Mama is inflating her numbers to get more sympathy.

$4000 may be for all living expenses: mortgage, car payment, utilities, etc. 

Plus, I’m not believing Candiace and Chris have been covering 2/3 of anything. That’s a whole lie.

• Love 9
On 7/3/2019 at 3:58 PM, biakbiak said:

I wonder if any of C’s mom’s patients watch this show. I know many therapists have fucked up lives, sort of a physician heal thyself thing but seeing it actually play out on tv would make me not be able to go to her.

It does make a person want to ask more questions when selecting a dr..beyond are you on the ins. list and what school(s) did you go to..

• Love 2

Wow, the entire first half of this episode had me laughing so hard, my stomach started to hurt:

Chris looking up with eyebrow raised as soon as Ashley said, I'm in you mama's house!

Chris: My food is burning.....damn, now it's overcooked.

Katie: Maybe "I wanna suck his dick" is an Australian saying?

Katie: The reason I wear these wraps on my head is because there's no A/C where I live. [Me: girl, whaaaaat?!?!?]

Giselle: I know I brought this up, but Robyn was there so I'll let her tell it. (Followed my Robyn, mouth of full of food, giving a WTF expression.)

Giselle: She's just upset cause her mother hit her upside her head with a purse.  [Me: damn, you can't tell Giselle nothing!  She'll give your enemies all kinds or ammunition.]

Ashley: don't make me knock you upside the head with my purse!

Giselle: Don't worry Chris.  We won't ever be back, because this was a disaster. (As she shovels more food into her mouth.)

There were more that I'm missing [damn I really need to take notes during some of these episodes], but I'm cracking up right now thinking about it.  That whole thing was a mess, and I hate when they start screaming over each other because I can't understand anything they say.  But the reactions and commentary from everyone else in the room was gold.  

Candiace's mom....ugh!  Don't you need a license or something to be a therapist?  She kept contradicting herself during that session.  The therapist would ask, "Did you do/say that?" and she would reply, "no that's a lie", then in the very next breath say to Candiace, "but what did you do to get that response?" Yo, she's manipulative as fuck.  I don't like Candiace, but I could see how growing up with a parent like that can fuck you up and make you ugly cry on TV (in that moment of Candiace crying on the couch, I could clearly see her mom.  Yikes.)

Who is inviting Ashley and her brother to perform that awful, awful song?  There isn't even a catchy hook.  I thought her outfit was super cute though and actually fit her body type/shape really well.

• Love 18
14 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Candiace's mom....ugh!  Don't you need a license or something to be a therapist?  She kept contradicting herself during that session.  The therapist would ask, "Did you do/say that?" and she would reply, "no that's a lie", then in the very next breath say to Candiace, "but what did you do to get that response?" Yo, she's manipulative as fuck.  I don't like Candiace, but I could see how growing up with a parent like that can fuck you up and make you ugly cry on TV (in that moment of Candiace crying on the couch, I could clearly see her mom.  Yikes.)

Who is inviting Ashley and her brother to perform that awful, awful song?  There isn't even a catchy hook.  I thought her outfit was super cute though and actually fit her body type/shape really well.

Her mom is not just a therapist, she is a Psychiatrist (an MD, not a PhD)! Super smart and batshit crazy, all in one package. 

As for Ashley's singing, my SO asked if she offered to perform at pride for free because "I couldn't imagine anyone wanting to invite her to sing anywhere."

• LOL 8
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, talktoomuch said:

I cannot stand Ashley at all. She is a major deflector who loves to dish it but cannot even remotely take it. Is she just kidding or does she really not remember that Gizelle started that whole thing about Michael wanting to suck a dick? And is she kidding or does she think that homemade song and her tweenage flat rendition of it is gaining her "fans"? She don't know how Bravo productions work?

Ashley is just getting payback now. Now leave it to Gizelle, to always start shit. She knows Karen's remark about Ashley was nothing like she lead it to be .. they are all stupid women to  believe what the other says anyway. Now Gizelle is driving yet another wedge between Ashley and Karen.  Gizelle is really low down and not friend to anyone. Can't be trusted at all.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Yep. When Candiace tried to assert herself about her brother coming to the wedding, the first place Dorothy went was "How dare you betray me, I'm the one who paid for all your pageant stuff." I find it fascinating, from a psych perspective, but it's also pretty gross. If the younger daughter has any sense, she won't take anything from Dorothy. 

I wonder if Dorothy runs all over her husband?

Okay..now..this woman is a therapist ??????????  

Just now, byrd said:

Okay..now..this woman is a therapist ??????????  I don't condone any man cheating on his wife..but this says a  lot about Dorothy and her first marriage. This woman is a trip..