Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Trini

Bulletproof

The adrenalin-fueled action thriller BULLETPROOF follows two undercover cops, Bishop (Noel Clarke) and Pike (Ashley Walters) as they chase down hardened criminals in London's East End. Despite their differences, Bishop and Pike work brilliantly together even when the chemistry between them looks set to explode. Full of grit and sometimes gloss, BULLETPROOF is stylish and funny with entertaining, riveting criminal cases in each episode.

Airing in the US on CW, Wednesdays starting August 7.

• Like 1

I forgot this was a completely British TV Show, so they are only making 6 episodes a season.

Was anything that they did even remotely recognizable as what police officers do.

There were a lot of guns for being British police.

Bish seemed to be flirting a lot with Nell, I thought he wanted her as a girlfriend, but it turns out he was already in a committed relationship. I am sure that all Jonesy had to do to steal Bish's girlfriend, Sophie  was show Sophie some video of how Bish acts around Nell.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Was anything that they did even remotely recognizable as what police officers do.

There were a lot of guns for being British police.

Bish seemed to be flirting a lot with Nell, I thought he wanted her as a girlfriend, but it turns out he was already in a committed relationship. I am sure that all Jonesy had to do to steal Bish's girlfriend, Sophie  was show Sophie some video of how Bish acts around Nell.

I was surprised too at the use of guns by the British cops. I guess this is supposed to be some special unit?

I was also thinking 90% of what the partners did would make the evidence they gathered inadmissible in court, unless the UK has very different rules than the US.

I watched the re-run of the first episode last night, and I have to say I was not impressed.  I like the chemistry between Pike and Bishop, but the police procedural aspects seem far too wannabe American, and there's no way any of those cases would even get to court with the inadmissibility of the evidence.  I'll give it a little longer, because I really like Noel Clarke and I did enjoy their relationship, but if it doesn't improve, I'm probably out.  Real shame.

I really wanted to like this show, because I love Noel Clarke and Clarke Peters, and a lot of the cast was quite good, but I got exactly 15 minutes into last night's episode (#3), decided life was too short, and changed the channel.

• Like 1

I've watched the first 3 episodes, and while this isn't bad and I like the two leads, I think I'm just not into these 'action procedurals' as much as I used to be. I'll probably finish it, but it's not a priority.

The subplot of Bish's girlfriend cheating on him with his co-worker was unnecessary.

I'm not sure what Pike's father does?

Anyone know how much they've trimmed to air this on CW? The episodes are about 42 minutes; but certain scenes seem clipped.