Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E08: Live Eviction #2; Head of Household #3

• Start Topic

Thinking a show has just gotten BAD isn't the meaning of 'Jump the Shark'.

It started with Happy Days. Ratings were slipping big time, so they came up with a 2-part episode where Fonzie would literally jump over one or two shark tanks on a jet ski. The intention was to generate enough interest that tons of people would tune in, and it would increase ratings. They promoted the hell out of it.

But it had the opposite effect. People thought it was ridiculous, and although I think the show continued for another few seasons, the ratings never were raised to where they had been at its peak.

So saying a season is BAD isn't really 'jumping the shark'. That phrase is specifically reserved for a show that is suffering so in the ratings that they come up with a stupid idea to increase ratings, but it actually has the opposite effect.

PHEW!

To bring this full circle, after last season being somewhat entertaining (to me), I think this season is just BAD. You may think the POC being eliminated and an 8 person alliance is jumping the shark, but the season wasn't PLANNED that way. It's the assholes in the house who did that.

• Love 4

Yes, not being able to go into the BY has hampered having feedster chat. Of recent years, my strongest memory is of Steve, the winner of S17, talking to the camera. He was not exactly whispering, but speaking sotto voce and at a fast clip, so I had to rely on closed captioning to understand him. 

At least Cliff was alone in the room, unlike certain people whispering game talk in bed in a room with other people. 

This is how exciting this season is so far: I turned the TV on to watch BB last night to see who was evicted, and then it dawned on me it was Friday and I had watched the entire show, eviction, HoH, and all, without it leaving much of an impression on me. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/13/2019 at 6:17 PM, Kris117 said:

Yes, not being able to go into the BY has hampered having feedster chat.

Except that I rewatched the episode while waiting for tonight's, and the BY was open on the day Cliff got caught.  (He's wearing the same green shirt in the kitchen as when Christie is listening, and when he's in the kitchen, you can see the open back yard through the glass doors.)

As Bugs Benny Bunny used to say, "wotta maroon".

• LOL 2
  • Love 1