Type keyword(s) to search

Can't Buy My Love: All Episodes Discussion

• Start Topic

Ok after tonight I'm thinking it's becoming obvious that we're being set up for a "Rodney cheated with a dude!" season finale.  Are we 10 or 20 years too late for that to be a giant shock to the audience? 😄   Every time they talk about him cheating it's with "this person" rather than "she" or "her" 😄 

Other soap opera "storylines":  Kevin is jealous that "Kattie" serves drinks in a thong - will he relent, move her into his mansion and allow her to spend her days "modeling" and combing her hair?  Will Bri's shenanigans with her nieces and nephews motivate Bill to impregnate her before she completely wastes away?  Will dad walk Erica down the aisle to Rick?  Will dad reconcile with his ex-wife, since her current husband was apparently not invited to the rehearsal dinner?  Will Notahobo accept his wealthy girlfriend's ring, if only to give the other hobos a nice driveway to skateboard in?  Stay tuned!  Invite your pernts to watch - they'll love it!

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
On 2/26/2021 at 1:48 AM, princelina said:

Ok after tonight I'm thinking it's becoming obvious that we're being set up for a "Rodney cheated with a dude!" season finale.  Are we 10 or 20 years too late for that to be a giant shock to the audience? 😄   Every time they talk about him cheating it's with "this person" rather than "she" or "her" 😄 

Agree. And hoping we’re right. Because, cone on...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

So glad Katie broke up with Kevin. Bill is who Kevin will be in 40 years. I'm surprised Erica changed her mind regarding marrying Rick. 

Why is Reese so offended that Nonie proposed? I think he let his mother get into his head. Sir, put your ego aside and accept that this woman loves you. 

Edited by spunky
Removed a previous statement
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, spunky said:

I'm surprised Erica changed her mind regarding marrying Rick. After seeing him blow up about canceling the wedding, I think she made the right choice. 

I'm sorry but I disagree.  Rick has always been a sweet, agreeable, affable guy.  He has done everything Erica has asked of him.  EVERYBODY talked shit about him the night before and he just sat there and smiled and took it because he loves Erica so much.  Three hours before the wedding, Erica tells him that she doesn't want to get married?  I'd be PISSED too!  I'm sure he's thinking to himself, "What more could I do?"

• Love 16
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

I'm sorry but I disagree.  Rick has always been a sweet, agreeable, affable guy.  He has done everything Erica has asked of him.  EVERYBODY talked shit about him the night before and he just sat there and smiled and took it because he loves Erica so much.  Three hours before the wedding, Erica tells him that she doesn't want to get married?  I'd be PISSED too!  I'm sure he's thinking to himself, "What more could I do?"

You're right. At first I was offended by his tone. After rewatching it, I get why he was so angry. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, spunky said:

Why is Reese so offended that Nonie proposed? I think he let his mother get into his head. Sir, put your ego aside and accept that this woman loves you. 

This was actually the most I have liked him this whole season.  Nonie does want to control every little thing - she already pays for everything they do, and her hair seems whiter which makes her look even more like his mother as she tells him it's time to unpack, and what the plans are for each day, and when he's allowed to surf.  She was upset because "I've planned this beautiful romantic evening" and he dared to ruin it rather than go along with her plan!  Team Reese 😄 

• Love 5

I still find the age thing weird, but I am siding with Rick. He has been very good to her unlike that asshat with his girlfriend in Vegas.

Bri seriously you cannot be surprised a man of Bill's age might have some testosterone issues. He has five kids. Does anyone know if they are all with his one ex-wife?

• Love 6

Kevin actually seemed stunned when Kattie broke up with him.  It was probably the most expression I have seen from him.  I never thought he really cared for her.  

I was surprisingly on Rick's side in the breakup.  I would have been upset too.  He did everything he could to please her.  But it still wasn't enough.  I hope they make a clean break of it.  It is time for them both to move on.

The biggest thing with me in the Nonie and Reese relationship is why does Nonie want to marry him?  I still don't know what she sees in him.  Maybe she likes to control him.  But I am sure she could find someone else that would be happy to let her treat them to a better life. 

I still find Bill & Bri disgusting.  I can't get past that she reminds me of a child hanging out with her Grandpa.  I have to agree with Bill's ex.  Bri wants a baby with him for security.  She can't get him to marry her.  Having his baby would be the next best thing to getting his money. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, princelina said:

This was actually the most I have liked him this whole season.  Nonie does want to control every little thing - she already pays for everything they do, and her hair seems whiter which makes her look even more like his mother as she tells him it's time to unpack, and what the plans are for each day, and when he's allowed to surf.  She was upset because "I've planned this beautiful romantic evening" and he dared to ruin it rather than go along with her plan!  Team Reese 😄 

I'm team Nonie ,because just like her, I like having control.  While I personally wouldn't propose to a man, I can see why she took the initiative.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, spunky said:

I'm team Nonie ,because just like her, I like having control.  While I personally wouldn't propose to a man, I can see why she took the initiative.  

Actually I do too, and Mr P doesn't mind for the most part, but sometimes I have to just shut myself up and let him be "the man" - I wouldn't dream of proposing because it just seems too much to me 😄 

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, princelina said:

Actually I do too, and Mr P doesn't mind for the most part, but sometimes I have to just shut myself up and let him be "the man" - I wouldn't dream of proposing because it just seems too much to me 😄 

I'll let my man have his moment when it comes to proposing 😂. The struggle is real when you like being in control. 

• LOL 1

I'm not sure Kevin knows how to love anything but money.  Kattie  is a sweetie but she needs to get an education and be more than a pretty girl in a thong serving drinks.

Bill and Bri are such a mismatch.  With her he's like nothing but a dirty old man!

I felt sorry for Rick because I think he truly loved Erica.  Will she find happiness in Springfield, Illinois?  How you gonna keep em back on the farm after they've seem New York!

Noonie and Reese....I just can't!  I dream of exactly what he would look like beardless and with a good haircut.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Kevin actually seemed stunned when Kattie broke up with him.  It was probably the most expression I have seen from him.  I never thought he really cared for her.  

In the TH, he actually said no one has ever broken up with him before.  He is a passive-aggressive weenie who got called out on it and is shocked to find out Kattie isn’t going to just roll over.  I hope she stands her ground.  A Vegas bottle service waitress has a good chance of finding a better partner than Kevin has been to her and I will bet she has already been approached more than once.

I also hope Rick stands his ground along with Reese heading back to living in his truck and Desiry stops pinning her hopes on a man that is honestly not interested in anything she has to say.  I wrote earlier about a pre-nup that would also protect her.  I am certain that fellow has no interest in protecting her and is only interested in her as a beard (yes, I said it).

• Love 7
7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

The coat Bill wore to the doctor gave me nightmares.

Oh me to!  He looked just like he is...ridiculous!

I've never liked Kevin since he made Kattie split the dinner bill.  What millionaire man does that to his girl?  Run Kattie...fun fast!

• Love 3
On 2/19/2021 at 2:16 PM, cinsaysit said:

what? you don't think her really wants to murry her?  sure, his pernts don't approve, but, so what..

Rodney looks ready to scratch her eyes out at any moment. What a mean old queen he is. His parents deserve a Tony for tap dancing around the “GAY” word the way they do. It just seems like a miserable existence for him, being married to a woman. Desirey is happy “owning” Rodney’s homes. Lol. Ridonk. Also, fuck you Bill, commenting on pregnancy ruining Bri’s body.  Bri pretending she has any say, any ownership over ANYTHING in this relationship is super laughable. You are a toy. My advice would be to start a revolving door of relatives needing a place to stay at their McMansion to get Bill to buy everyone moderately priced homes under THEIR name, Bri. Take note. Miami gold digger and her tiny, red Lothario continue to make me gag. She’s trying to kill him with skin cancer. Keep that little fellow out of the sun! 😂😂😂

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Noting how long it took Kattie to grok that Kevin’s #1 is Kevin, I don’t know if I can last the length for some of these others.

WTF, Erica? Did you get the real daddy you wanted using the faux daddy fiancé? I have no love for Rick, but he got played. And not just for his $. I say that even if Erica shows up on the boat one day, bored. I’d advise him to meet women of his own generation, but he doesn’t want that so FO.

The sooner Reese is off my TV, the better. I don’t get the attraction—on any known level. There’s a a large tent pole selection at the big box stores, that’s not enough.

Bri and Bill are tied in my book for least appealing humans. He’s a hot mess and her desperation for being married with money is also gross.

I’m ff past the others. Does anyone realize there are cameras in the rooms?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, buttersister said:

I’d advise him to meet women of his own generation, but he doesn’t want that so FO.

Re RICK:   I don't think it's necessary for him to "meet women of his own generation."  I'm sure there have been plenty banging on the side of his yacht for years.  He seems pretty healthy and active for his age...can't you suggest that he date women in their 40s/50s?  I think they'd be better matches.

11 hours ago, buttersister said:

I don’t get the attraction—on any known level.

Re REESE:   I got the attraction in the beginning, but it's beginning to fade.

On 3/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, buttersister said:

Noting how long it took Kattie to grok that Kevin’s #1 is Kevin, I don’t know if I can last the length for some of these others.

WTF, Erica? Did you get the real daddy you wanted using the faux daddy fiancé? I have no love for Rick, but he got played. And not just for his $. I say that even if Erica shows up on the boat one day, bored. I’d advise him to meet women of his own generation, but he doesn’t want that so FO.

The sooner Reese is off my TV, the better. I don’t get the attraction—on any known level. There’s a a large tent pole selection at the big box stores, that’s not enough.

Bri and Bill are tied in my book for least appealing humans. He’s a hot mess and her desperation for being married with money is also gross.

I’m ff past the others. Does anyone realize there are cameras in the rooms?

GROK! 

So is the season over? Because it seems sort of open ended. Whatever happened to Gentile? Who is editing these shows?

Gah, the thought of anyone wanting Bill’s dusty sperm... 🤢🤢🤢

• Love 1
On 3/7/2021 at 6:13 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Rodney looks ready to scratch her eyes out at any moment. What a mean old queen he is. His parents deserve a Tony for tap dancing around the “GAY” word the way they do. It just seems like a miserable existence for him, being married to a woman. Desirey is happy “owning” Rodney’s homes. Lol. Ridonk. Also, fuck you Bill, commenting on pregnancy ruining Bri’s body.  Bri pretending she has any say, any ownership over ANYTHING in this relationship is super laughable. You are a toy. My advice would be to start a revolving door of relatives needing a place to stay at their McMansion to get Bill to buy everyone moderately priced homes under THEIR name, Bri. Take note. Miami gold digger and her tiny, red Lothario continue to make me gag. She’s trying to kill him with skin cancer. Keep that little fellow out of the sun! 😂😂😂

Oh Bill's a clever one!  He didn't buy Bri's mother that house he just rented it for one year.

Any relatives wishing housing will be directed over to mommas rental.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Bugfrey Von said:

So is the season over? Because it seems sort of open ended. Whatever happened to Gentile? Who is editing these shows?

Gah, the thought of anyone wanting Bill’s dusty sperm... 🤢🤢🤢

I think we get one more week to see Rodney come out of the closet, and the boring couple I keep forgetting about do something boring.  Gentille dumped Bryan at the end of last season, and then showed up in the premiere to tell him she wasn't getting back together with him.  They're done.

• Love 2

I gotta admit, I felt bad for old Rick. He has done whatever she wants and she dumped him! Enjoy Springfield, sweetie.........

Finally Kattie woke up and realized what an asshole her boyfriend was. Good for her. I hope she doesn't run back to him when he shows up with flowers again........

If Reese doesn't accept Nonie he is as stupid as he looks......

I really don't care about Don and Dani. Like, at all. Girl, shut up, sign the prenup and marry your sugar daddy.........

And now I am just waiting for Rodney to tell Desiry he's gay and I am here for it!  Sorry lady, back to your sad little apartment and tet a tets with your only friend Sunseray; no getting murried for you!

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Oh Bill's a clever one!  He didn't buy Bri's mother that house he just rented it for one year.

Any relatives wishing housing will be directed over to mommas rental.

I thought he exclaimed that he bought it at the housewarming.

im so glad for another week of fuckery, what shall I wear to Rodneys coming out partyyyyyy?

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

Rodney being all extra in that full length fur coat was everything.

Dani sign the prenup and go away; she truly annoys me. Be happy you have a man who does like to take you places and you can shop with his credit card. She had the nerve to call him greedy. Bitch it's his money and his company he created.

I actually think Nonie and Reese do care about one another. Dude tell your Mom to go pound sand.

Desiry is about as classy as her interesting wine glass. She realized she is about to loose her bill payer so she had to eat crow.

Bri is cute; Bill is cringy; I just can't even watch.

• Love 7

Rodney’s boys laughed hysterically because they know who Rodney really is.

Bri handled interfering ex-wife exactly right.  Next, she needs to explain to Bill that their relationship is between the two of them.  If it’s ok to involve the ex-wife, let’s have Bri’s mom sit with him and have the same kind of invasive conversation and see how that goes.

Dani needs to work somewhere else.  She has gained enough experience to earn far more than $500 a week.  For the record, that is $25,000 a year - I earn more than that working part time at Target.  She is barely above minimum wage.  Go clean up your resume, be blatantly honest about your skills.  The only issue she has is that her background check will require a call to his company.  He could very well sabotage any good job she gets by hinting at questionable performance without actually saying anything specific (gets around the law).

• Love 2
On 3/11/2021 at 4:32 PM, b2H said:

Rodney’s boys laughed hysterically because they know who Rodney really is.

Exactly what I thought and it better come out next week so I can judge how fake Desiry’s reaction is, because come on, she has to know. 

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 2

Haha I can't believe they're getting another week out of this show 😄. Good for them - I still need something to watch 😄   I don't believe in any of these couples (except for the boring one that I FF through) but I'm looking forward to seeing the Rodney/Desireee finale!

• Love 3
On 3/7/2021 at 4:13 AM, Bugfrey Von said:

Bri pretending she has any say, any ownership over ANYTHING in this relationship is super laughable. You are a toy

This!  How does she not see that?  Oh wait, because she’s only 21. She does a good job of playing naive.

Reese said he felt like he was changing.  Maybe that means trimming up the beard.  Maybe he’s been laying low all along and we’ll find out he gets tons of money from skating sponsorships because he’s been a subtle walking advertisement all season.

We’ll see if Rodney comes out next week. They make so many closet references for it not to lead there.  I’m more interested to see if Desiree gets a makeover complete with new lace fronts.  She looks like a drowned rat in next week’s preview.  I would fine with a whole makeover episode for her.

• Love 3

I did laugh when Bill's ex said she thought Bri didn't want kids.  Bill with a serious voice said that was when Bri was younger but she is 22 now.  

Desiry throws Rodney's ring away and calls him a dog.  Then when he doesn't chase afterwards she calls him up complaining again.  If he didn't want to be on TV so badly he would have simply told her the engagement was off and hung up.  She ended it.  Now she has nobody to pay her bills. Why does she get to call him and tell him what he has to do?  I need the info that he is gay to come out next week.  This whole relationship has been a joke.

Reese's mother keeps saying that Nonie wants to run his life.  But his mom is the one that really wants to run his life.  

Next week we get to see Rick again.  It looks like he still misses whatsherface.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 3/12/2021 at 5:18 AM, LakeGal said:

Bill with a serious voice said that was when Bri was younger but she is 22 now.  

OMG this made me laugh so hard! If Bill thinks that she is "old" now Bri better hurry up and get that kid because her days are numbered....she's about to be put out to pasture now that she's an old maid......smh.....

I love Kathleen. She doesn't pull any punches, but she is at least honest with Bri. But fuck Bill for sending her to do his dirty work. He didn't want to have that conversation with Bri so he sent Kathleen to tell her. I can't decide if Bri is an idiot or a genius or just garden variety gold digger trying to get the one thing that will ensure she is set for life. I guess we know which one Kathleen thinks she is.....and for Bri to not acknowledge Kathleen's history with Bill or the fact the she is actually the mother of Bill's children, then maybe she is the idiot because I feel like if she gave Bill the ultimatum to choose between Kathleen and herself, he would pick Kathleen every time because of all the history, and you know, his actual family.......

On 3/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, Texasmom1970 said:

Dani sign the prenup and go away; she truly annoys me. Be happy you have a man who does like to take you places and you can shop with his credit card. She had the nerve to call him greedy. Bitch it's his money and his company he created.

This! Most of these people are awful, but she takes the cake. I cannot believe HE is groveling and apologizing to this woman! He has every right to protect his assets. And I think it will actually save him money if she goes to "work" elsewhere. It didn't look like she did any real work but left with his credit card at every opportunity.

• Love 3
On 3/15/2021 at 2:27 PM, Ilovepie said:

This! Most of these people are awful, but she takes the cake. I cannot believe HE is groveling and apologizing to this woman! He has every right to protect his assets. And I think it will actually save him money if she goes to "work" elsewhere. It didn't look like she did any real work but left with his credit card at every opportunity.

THIS, exactly...she complains that he pays her only 500 a week. First, she absolutely has not been shown to work a full time week, second she spends his money all the time according to her own version of the story.  So, go ahead, go make 1250 or 1500 a week...be there the 40 plus hours the job will likely demand..oh, and no more taking the boss’s credit card and spending well more than the extra 750 or Grand before taxes you are making..oh, and marry this rich guy and watch you taxes increase as well...so you will be working for even less.  Stop whining about a guy who is more than generous, hard working and successful...you are not all that in looks or personality...sign the damn prenup and go be happy...make it work if you really love him..if not bye bye Dani.

As for the others...Bri and Bill...lord, please he is an overgrown juvenile with a middle school sense of humor.  If she likes that...good for her...but I personally think she likes the life he gives her and her family.  
Erica and the old yacht guy...apparently he loved her way more than she did him...and her family..a bunch of judgmental cows except for grandma....divorced and bitter and frankly pretty   If I felt it 2as right I would move forward. Parents need to let their grown children live their lives. Of course, maybe she didn’t feel that his $$$ was worth it...I dont see love on her end.
Vegas drink sever and rude and self centered rich guy...she did the right thing. hopefully she doesn’t go back and hopefully she moves on to a better career and figures things out.

Rodney, the elephant in the room, and desiry. LMAO. OK then.......counseling isn’t fixing this one.....

Nonie and Reese..he’s old enough to get hitched, to not want bio babies and to shower, trim up and find a job...Mommy needs to stop it already.  These two have a better shot thAn some of the others...

• Love 5

I feel like Desiry is using counseling to confirm what she and the rest of the world already know. Bri must really love Bill, and I'll leave it at that.

Rick's friends are coming across as the dirty old men your parents warned you about.  Especially the French one.

Edited by spunky
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, spunky said:

I feel like Desiry is using counseling to confirm what she and the rest of the world already know. Bri must really love Bill, and I'll leave it at that.

Rick's friends are coming across as the dirty old men your parents warned you about.  Especially the French one.

Nah, I don't think she has a clue, though it is quite obvious to everyone else.  And, if his mother is backing his business, she should be pushing the prenup because this gal will soon be trying to get a big chunk of change when they inevitably split up.

Really? Bill buying that big rock based on how much it cost was a turnoff to me, but that he feels that will seal the deal makes me think he really knows she's in it for the money but he likes the sex.

Yeah, Rick's friends were kind of sleezy and I'm not even buying that French accent on that old guy.

Actually, I am not sure all these people aren't just actors playing roles in this crappy show.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 3/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, cinsays said:

Nah, I don't think she has a clue, though it is quite obvious to everyone else.  And, if his mother is backing his business, she should be pushing the prenup because this gal will soon be trying to get a big chunk of change when they inevitably split up.

Really? Bill buying that big rock based on how much it cost was a turnoff to me, but that he feels that will seal the deal makes me think he really knows she's in it for the money but he likes the sex.

Yeah, Rick's friends were kind of sleezy and I'm not even buying that French accent on that old guy.

Actually, I am not sure all these people aren't just actors playing roles in this crappy show.

If Desiry hasn't figured it out yet then she's truly clueless. Bill seems to like flaunting his money. I wouldn't be surprised if they all were.  Wasn't there a couple last season who were actors?

Edited by spunky
19 hours ago, cinsays said:

No that it matters, but I thought that guy's accent was Russian, not French?

• Love 3
18 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

The ring Bill picked was ugly.

That display box of rings looked like something you’d see at an accessory store.  They looked fake and cheap displayed that way. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Meowwww said:

That display box of rings looked like something you’d see at an accessory store.  They looked fake and cheap displayed that way. 

those guys seemed pretty fake too

• Love 5
7 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Rick's friend are a hilariously sleazy. I swear, the crypt keeper one with the accent seems like one of the vampires from What We Do In the Shadows......

I am glad Kattie found someone who actually likes her, plus he's a lot cuter than that asshat Kevin. Some things are more important than money, including having a partner that actually values you. Although not sure how she thinks she's going to be a millionaire as a bottle service waitress......

They are really stringing out this situation with Rodney and Desiry. Please, put Desiry and us out of our misery and just tell us "the person" you cheated with WAS A MAN, Rodney! I kind of loved the therapist though, including the coat and the lashes. Every time one of them said something and she said "Mm Hm" I wanted to laugh.....she kind of pegged them both perfectly though!

I am sick of Bill and Bri. If he's stupid enough to marry her and give her a kid he will get what he deserves.....

• Love 8
13 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

See and I thought he was going for Italian! Let's boom boom; uh no go away.

Those jewelers the way the items were displayed and the randomness off the mix of items. Seems to me like it all fell off the back of a truck or something.

Kattee your new guy seems nice and is cute and is employed. Let Kevin go disappont some girl in Miami.

Could anyone follow Desiry's logic about the cost of the ring and why he wont give it back to her? She makes no sense. Only one Queen in the room. Dead!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I missed so many episodes!  Catching up now no thought the season was over. Hanging in for the Rodney reveal, but I have a feeling we will be disappointed. If he admits he’s gay it would put the lie to the whole premise. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1