Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E07: Power of Veto #2

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

Depends; were Nick’s actions based on bravery, or cluelessness?  😁

Take a wild stab.

37 minutes ago, Gregg247 said:

I suspect that the only way the Gr8ful alliance is destroyed will be from within.  Jack&Jack did a really good job pulling in the strongest players who are there to compete and play.  The "others" (aside from my favorite, Sam) seem like they're just on a summer vacation where the accomodations aren't exactly top-of-the-line.

Yep. There's an appalling surplus of Meg's this season. It's killing me. I was 100%(+) a Level Six girl last year, but part of the reason they were so entertaining to me is they had someone to work against.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Yeah, that and the long talk with herself was just some of the stuff that she did that made me really wonder about her.

I agree.

I'm not pro-Kemi. She rubbed me the wrong way in her intro video and in the way she refused to go talk to Jackson when her game was on the line in first couple of episodes.

Re: her creepiness. Why does she get away with talking about slitting someone's throat? Wouldn't that be on the same level as "stomp a mud hole in her chest?"

I'm not backing Gr8ful, or Jack, by any means. My favorites right now are Nicole and Kat.

• Love 2

Can someone tell me why my post asking to be informed what Jack did to make the internet hate him was deleted? I see so many people here mention how everyone online hates him, but no one has said why.

1 minute ago, Melina22 said:

Just a guess but maybe try asking on Jack's thread? 

Thanks. I'll do that. I was just wondering if I missed something and then my post was deleted so I got confused.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cotypubby said:

Can someone tell me why my post asking to be informed what Jack did to make the internet hate him was deleted? I see so many people here mention how everyone online hates him, but no one has said why.

You should try posting it again. It's happened to me where I press <submit> and some sort of glitch happens on the site that prevents it from submitting. It doesn't happen often, but it has happened.

4 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Unless I missed something, there wasn't any explanation  on air as to why Jackson has a new name.

They explained it in the second part of the premiere. Or maybe ep 3. They just said they were calling him by his last name, Michie.

2 hours ago, Cotypubby said:

the live feed thread is the place where that would be discussed. 

9 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They explained it in the second part of the premiere. Or maybe ep 3. They just said they were calling him by his last name, Michie.

But the opening credits still have him as Jackson.

I can't explain why, but at first glance to me, and maybe to some others,  Jackson looked more like a "Jack"  and Jack looked more like a "Jackson", so it took me a little while to get used to who was who.  But then they threw in "Michie" which is just confusing as hell, because it's not consistent.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

But the opening credits still have him as Jackson.

And some of the HGs still sometimes call him Jackson. It's all very confusing, especially I'm sure for people who only watch the eps.

Do they have Analyse as 'Sis' in the credits?

• Love 1

I fell deeply, DEEPLY in love with the pillow on the bed behind Kemi during her monologue.  I searched online high and low and found it!  And it's $49.99.  And I still have the page saved.  Because I seriously might pull the trigger on a fifty dollar throw pillow.

I wish I had a relationship with my grandparents like Sam apparently did.  My son does, and he was a Sam when my father was killed.  It was very different for me.

26 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Do they have Analyse as 'Sis' in the credits?

No. Sometimes people are called different names than the ones in the intro (Faysal->Fessy, Samantha->Sam, etc).

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, zscore said:

No. Sometimes people are called different names than the ones in the intro (Faysal->Fessy, Samantha->Sam, etc).

But those make sense as nicknames - like calling someone Sue or Susie.  not a lot of room for confusion. 

but Jackson - Michie?  Analyse  - Sis?  not even close.  

Awww I still love Tyler and don’t think he’s a butterface. And he has fabulous flippy hair! But, holy shit, he’s still with Angela? Never would have predicted that but good for them! I hope they bring Fessy back to host a comp next. He’s not even playing but you know the episode would still somehow end with him sitting on the couch looking confused.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
5 minutes ago, Rachel RSL said:

Awww I still love Tyler and don’t think he’s a butterface. And he has fabulous flippy hair! But, holy shit, he’s still with Angela? Never would have predicted that but good for them! I hope they bring Fessy back to host a comp next. He’s not even playing but you know the episode would still somehow end with him sitting on the couch looking confused.

Fessy might actually lose a comp he's not even playing in.  

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

Unless I missed something, there wasn't any explanation  on air as to why Jackson has a new name.

It was decreed early on by King Jack that nobody would take his name in vain by adding a few letters to it and calling it a "name" so from now on everyone shall call him Mickie (as per his last name) so as not to defame the good name 'Jack'.

• LOL 2
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Are we going to be subjected to every single player from BB20 this season? 

So far they're going in order of finish.  So…JC next week?  Oy. (And it will be a long, long wait until I see Rachel again, alas.)

13 hours ago, Nashville said:

Jackson…probably described Jessica as “like a mother” because in a sense she’s the closest thing this season has to a “House Mother”; at 37, Jessica is the oldest female in the House.

Also, Jessica is a stepmother.  I believe her spouse/s.o. has a five-year old.  

9 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

[Jessica]'s now twice tried to start an all-girl alliance in order to show the "boys" who's Boss.

Perhaps it's because she knows the Jackholes have no use for a plus-size older woman, so she's trying to organize on a different principle?

8 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

There's an appalling surplus of Megs this season.

I personally considered one Meg Malley an "appalling surplus", but yeah.

4 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

But those make sense as nicknames - like calling someone Sue or Susie.  not a lot of room for confusion. 

but Jackson - Michie?  Analyse  - Sis?

"Michie" is Jackson's surname.  Since Jack Matthews not only has a similar first name but the same initials, Jackson is trying to go the Bryan Ollie (S10) route.

"Sis" is because "Sydney Analyse" has relatives that are too lazy to say the whole name and just smushed it together.  It's true that either "Syd" or "Ana" would be simpler, but it's not hard to follow the decision, IMO.

• Love 1

Jessica picking Jackson to play for her in the Veto competition was not Marcellus-level dumb, but it was up there. I like Jessica but she is not showing much in the way of game smarts. 

And then there’s Bella, who was my favorite on Day 1 (or whenever she came into the house). Today, not so much. Why would any of the other houseguests trust someone who can’t keep her mouth shut? 

• Love 1

So the 

JESSICA: All I need to do is stack those frogs nice and—

CUT TO Jessica's frogs falling

DR, that was third time they've done this with Jess, right?  I know there were two of those in the premiere episode.  Might be going to the lily pond a bit too often there.  Time to find a new croak joke, editors.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:

DR, that was third time they've done this with Jess, right?  I know there were two of those in the premiere episode.  Might be going to the lily pond a bit too often there.  Time to find a new croak joke, editors.

She's just so hopless, how can they resist? 

(I'll show myself out.) 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1