Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E07: Power of Veto #2

• Start Topic

I can see why Jack, Jackson, etc. dont like David. He is not intimidated by what's happened to him in the house and those guys feel threatened by his self-confidence. Go David!

Ha-Nicole is a diary room yeller. She's got a softer voice so she's not as loud as Sam.

One of the appliques on the Camp Comeback shirts says "Dreams Do Come True." Ha!

• Love 9

The smart thing for Sam to do is not use the power of veto but I hope he does take one of them off the block. I prefer Kemi to be saved but Jessica would be fine, too.

• Love 1

Bella is a pathetic desperate backstabber.  Kemi is just stupid.  Jack just yesses her.  

I feel a little bad for Nicole and Jess.  They aren;t too bright either.  Jess whining to Lego Head and picking him for veto thinking he will save her is pathetic.

David seems to have a good read on the power structure, but his possible allies are dumbasses too. Ovi is a pathetic loser.

These camper uniforms are pathetic.

Falling frogs.  Gravity is a bitch!  Cry me a river Jackson.  Poor little blockhead.  Now you're off the hook.

Screaming Sam The Veto King really needs to turn it down a few notches.  I think the "cool kids" will just use him for a number for awhile.  Whatever.  Bummer grandpa died.  I don't think he was going to use it before, this is just a handy excuse.

This season is pathetic.  Even Tyler's return and Anallice's "He's so HOT!" drooling over him can't save it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8

It's way too early in the season to have a yawner episode. There was an earthquake and a death in a family and it was still slow. 

Still Paul-style PISSED! that a sinkhole didn't open up under the house and swallow it and the HGs whole. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6

Might as well just give AquaDude the money now. Nothing is going to happen if no one goes against him and changes it up. People talk about making waves but, nothing has happened. I hope that David wins the comeback. 

Someone needs to get it that AquaDude and LegoBro need to be nominated against each other and see where alliances are.(Not that that’s going to happen though.)

Sorry about Sam’s grandfather. 

• Love 8

David is smart. But if tiic want j&j to rule the house they might rig it so he doesn't get back in. I really hope he does though. 

The woman I thought I was going to really like (Bella) is on my hate list. Meanwhile the woman I thought I was going to dislike (Kemi) is starting to grow on me. 

During the intros when they showed Sam playing with his kids I thought I would like him but then he was so obnoxious in the DR I found him, well, obnoxious. But I'm back to my original assessment which is I like him.

I have a feeling Jessica is on her way to camp come back. For 2 reasons: 1. She seems less likely to cause ripples in the house (I can picture Kemi making everyone's life hell) and 2. The house guests probably think she has less chance to win a comp to get back in. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The only highlight of the episode was seeing Tyler again. Seeing Brett & Winston and even Baleigh and the guy I can't remember his name (I wasn't a fan of these two) week and Tyler tonight makes me realize just how little personality is in the house this season. This year's group is just bland.

I felt really bad for Sam.

Edited by sunshine23
  • Love 8

Wow, is anyone just getting a weird vibe from Kemi? She's... a little... robotic at times? Detached? I don't know but she's certainly not a person that gives off positive warm vibes. I think I know why Jack is petrified of her now.

I mean yeah he's still an asshole who chose two female people of color as his two noms in a sea of white folks making him most likely more than a tidge racist, but that doesn't mean he's wrong in his assessment of Kemi...

I do think Jessica will get her Camp Comeback badge this week though probably because of her "closeness" with LegoHead as he'd I'm sure liek to solve his "problem" of ever having to choose between the two.

So, I'm just wondering why it's so hot and I'm in a basket, but if a relative dying is what was needed to get Sam to use his "indoor voice" in the DR? So be it. Because that shit cannot go on...

• Love 8

Oh forgot to say, why did what's his name describe Jessica as "like a mom"??? Aren't they near the same age? Just because you don't want to sleep with her doesn't mean she's regulated to mom status. Can't she just be a friend??? (Not that there's anything wrong with moms!!!! Xoxo)

I had to google who Angela was. Lmao. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
35 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

She's... a little... robotic at times?

Desperate maybe?  Knowing she's been Jack's target since day 1.  I hope Jess goes to CC, but it's all still kind of;  whatever.

38 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

So, I'm just wondering why it's so hot and I'm in a basket, but if a relative dying is what was needed to get Sam to use his "indoor voice" in the DR? So be it. Because that shit cannot go on...

It was a relief at the end.  I'm not so quick on the volume control anymore 🙂 

1 hour ago, North of Eden said:

Damn-why does everything keep going Jack's way?

My one joy this episode was watching Jack bemoan his loss of the veto...and fiji.  Guess you can't have it all!

I agree that Bella was a rat, but I feel like Jessica is trying to push some revisionist history when she talks about how upset she is that people are "spreading lies" and that she needs to "clear her name."  Bella did not make up the part about her being involved with an all girls alliance.  She may or may not have started it --I've heard good arguments on both sides--but she was 100% all for it.  Girl, you got caught, not defamed.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I guess that Jackson left out of his "I like you, believe in you, don't want to see you go home" convo that he'd do anything for her except if it ruffled any other feathers and would be a spectacularly BAD choice to play in a veto. I mean how could she NOT know at this point that no matter what he says everything he does has to be cleared through Jack?

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

Oh forgot to say, why did what's his name describe Jessica as "like a mom"??? Aren't they near the same age? Just because you don't want to sleep with her doesn't mean she's regulated to mom status. Can't she just be a friend??? (Not that there's anything wrong with moms!!!! Xoxo)

Maybe she serves him his chocolate milk...🤷🏻‍♀️

3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Wow, is anyone just getting a weird vibe from Kemi? She's... a little... robotic at times? Detached? I don't know but she's certainly not a person that gives off positive warm vibes. I think I know why Jack is petrified of her now.

To me, she came off as a major mean girl in her introductory video. America has warmed to her because she is the underdog, but I think she might be unbearable if she was in power.

• Love 7
(edited)

It's really not nice to show Sam learning about his grandfather's death. That should be a private thing.

"Nick, get out from under the swaying chandelier!"

" Huh? Oh.....Yeah. " Nick moves. He will not be the person I trust to keep me alive in an emergency, I can tell you that.

jessica is so doomed in this game. 

Edited by mertensia
Clarify my thought
  • Love 6
12 minutes ago, mertensia said:

It's really not nice to show Sam learning about his grandfather's death. That should be a private thing.

My favourite(?) part of the segment was everyone standing in the bedroom for the World's Most Silent Wake and Holly just... awkwardly adjusting her bikini top. There's nothing more embarrassing than a nip slip when mourning someone you don't know.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
(edited)

Sam is loud & hyper during his Diary Room sessions,it doesn’t bother me, i’d Rather listen to him yell, then to be subjected to Smug DR sessions from the Jacks. 

I hate that Sam didn’t use his veto, because now WannabeAquaman has an even bigger ego in his head. At this point I just hope I get to witness his head exploding when he finally over fills it with too much Bullshit.

Maybe it’s just me but couldn’t the HG take a few seconds to throw on some clothes out of their bikini’s/swimsuits when trying to comfort Sam? There is a time & place for wearing your swimsuit, but someone mourning a death is not one of those times.

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Blissfool said:

To me, she came off as a major mean girl in her introductory video. America has warmed to her because she is the underdog, but I think she might be unbearable if she was in power.

Very good point. 

I find Sam loud but hilarious. I really like him now. His after-the-veto montage was so funny, him dealing with Jessica, Kemi, Nicole and Kat (who was also very funny). It's a relief to watch the outliers interacting once in a while. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, amazingracefan said:

Just shows to me again that the veto power doesn't work, it's better if it's forced to be used unless the HoH wins veto, that would make the game more interesting.

I was thinking the same thing, except I would have the nominated person’s partner have to use the veto on them. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Couldn't help to wonder what Bella seemingly traditional Tiger-Mom thinks about that big tattoo under her boob. That must have been quite the conversation when she first got it.

My college girlfriend was also from a fairly conservative Asian family and that's where she had her tattoo, as well (a little lower), as it is pretty easy to hide from your parents, as they have no real reason to see that part of your body if you don't want them to. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)

BB never makes me cry. It makes me laugh, get mad, occasionally feel like throwing up... but I never cry. Until this episode, and Sam finding out about his grandfather. That was so sad. But I think it would be very comforting to find out that kind of news in a houseful of people who would all come and hug you. (In their bathing suits, but nothing's perfect.) Obviously he wishes he was with his family, but still, it was nice to see a genuine, game free moment in the house. 

Now back to the backstabbing... 

ETA. Those Camp Comeback cub scout outfits are hilariously uncool. And it's so funny to see the 2 guys watching their 50s style CRT TV in their room. However, I get a bad feeling in my stomach about the likelihood that soon it will be them and Kemi in there. Such a bad look for the show, and I don't know if there's any way they can get around it. 

Edited by Melina22
  • Love 4

The only thing I really got out of this episode is that Tyler is hideous. Just I can't look at his face. The truest definition of butterface I've ever witnessed.

Kat continues to provide the only entertainment this show has currently. David is fast approaching her though since he's the only person in there with a clue apparently.

• LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The only thing I really got out of this episode is that Tyler is hideous. Just I can't look at his face. The truest definition of butterface I've ever witnessed.

It was interesting to see that they aired the bit where Sam told Tyler, "You should have won." Tyler's answer was actually surprisingly cool. He just replied matter-of-factly, "I won't tell KC." Good stuff. But yeah, otherwise, he did not look particularly good. 

• Love 3
(edited)

KC was a horribly awkward competition host last week.  Tyler was only slightly less cringe-worthy.

Are we going to be subjected to every single player from BB20 this season?  I mean, at least give me some entertaining people to watch like Rockstar or Scottie.

1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kat continues to provide the only entertainment this show has currently. David is fast approaching her though since he's the only person in there with a clue apparently.

This was the only interesting part of last night's episode.  David is making the most of this stupid twist by actually paying attention to what's going on around him.  I need him to come back into the game because I think he's the only one attempting to play Big Brother.  Sam and Kemi might have a semblance of a clue as well.  I have no idea what game the rest of them are playing, but it's incredibly boring.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

That was Jackson, and he probably described Jessica as “like a mother” because in a sense she’s the closest thing this season has to a “House Mother”; at 37, Jessica is the oldest female in the House.  And Jackson is 24, which means Jessica is more than half again his age - so by the standards of most 20-somethings, I doubt Jackson sees the two of them as being THAT close age-wise.

• Love 1
(edited)

I have no idea what game the rest of them are playing, but it's incredibly boring.

The game is, "Please like me, Jack and The Box(head)." We'll pick you to fight for us, we'll tell you our secrets, we'll do everything but put you on the block."

That was Jackson, and he probably described Jessica as “like a mother” because in a sense she’s the closest thing this season has to a “House Mother”; at 37, Jessica is the oldest female in the House.  And Jackson is 24, which means Jessica is more than half again his age - so by the standards of most 20-somethings, I doubt Jackson sees the two of them as being THAT close age-wise.

OF COURSE, he thinks of her like a mother!  She keeps the house clean, picks up his underwear and wet towels off the floor, believes in him when common sense indicates otherwise and in general, worships him.  Did you see how Boxhead's real-life mother reacted to him?

Edited by AuntieDiane6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I never understood the swoonworthyness of Tyler last year.  I thought he was a smart player up until he started getting in bed with Angela.  

Episode-wise, what the hell was with Tommy nearly tackling/hugging Tyler as he came into the house?  Dammit, Tommy!  Just because you're a "pocket gay" doesn't mean people want you clambering onto them like a horny lemur!

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, HighMaintenance said:

Episode-wise, what the hell was with Tommy nearly tackling/hugging Tyler as he came into the house?  Dammit, Tommy!  Just because you're a "pocket gay" doesn't mean people want you clambering onto them like a horny lemur!

“Horny lemur” - damn, that bears remembering. 😆

4 hours ago, Melina22 said:

BB never makes me cry. It makes me laugh, get mad, occasionally feel like throwing up... but I never cry. Until this episode, and Sam finding out about his grandfather. That was so sad. But I think it would be very comforting to find out that kind of news in a houseful of people who would all come and hug you. (In their bathing suits, but nothing's perfect.) Obviously he wishes he was with his family, but still, it was nice to see a genuine, game free moment in the house. 

Now back to the backstabbing... 

ETA. Those Camp Comeback cub scout outfits are hilariously uncool. And it's so funny to see the 2 guys watching their 50s style CRT TV in their room. However, I get a bad feeling in my stomach about the likelihood that soon it will be them and Kemi in there. Such a bad look for the show, and I don't know if there's any way they can get around it. 

My cousin cried a lot, but she was a few beers in and thinking of her grandpa.  I may have teared up. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

noticed that Jessica referred to Jackson as "Mickey" in the DR, but when she picked him to play Veto she called him Jackson. Apparently the DR is prompting them to say "Mickey" instead of "Jackson."

If BB really wants us to think of jackson as Micky, and analyse as sis, the need to change the opening credits. There are too many people in the house for viewers to know them by more than one name.

• Love 4

Yeah, Nick is not the person I'd want to depend on in an emergency, but did you see how he just kept washing the dishes while the quake was going on and everyone was screaming at him to get out from under the spiky faux elk horn chandelier over the sink?  And how he kept washing the dishes until he glanced up at the swaying spiky faux elk horn chandelier, and then moved? 

He kept washing the dishes.  I don't know what that tells of his character, but it is telling of his character. 

All thinks considered, I think I'd rather have someone who kept washing the dishes in the face of an earthquake on my side than someone who's first instinct was to dress up his man bun.  Jack.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

Yeah, Nick is not the person I'd want to depend on in an emergency, but did you see how he just kept washing the dishes while the quake was going on and everyone was screaming at him to get out from under the spiky faux elk horn chandelier over the sink?  And how he kept washing the dishes until he glanced up at the swaying spiky faux elk horn chandelier, and then moved? 

He kept washing the dishes.  I don't know what that tells of his character, but it is telling of his character. 

All thinks considered, I think I'd rather have someone who kept washing the dishes in the face of an earthquake on my side than someone who's first instinct was to dress up his man bun.  Jack.

Depends; were Nick’s actions based on bravery, or cluelessness?  😁

• LOL 1
58 minutes ago, Writing Wrongs said:

I laughed at whoever said (paraphrasing), "I won't stab you in the back. I'd rather spin you around and slit your throat. Oh, that's terrible. Don't show that." 

Yeah, that and the long talk with herself was just some of the stuff that she did that made me really wonder about her.

• Love 1

I'm not heartless, so I did feel bad for Sam when he learned his grandfather died.

But prior to that, I was thinking there should be another category added to the usual stereotypes cast every season: The DIARY ROOM SCREAMER.

Sam, shut UP. You're giving me flashbacks to Your Boy Paul, and that is definitely not a good thing.

• Love 1

it's not just Sam shouting in the DR.  It's all the exaggerated reactions to "twists" in the game and wild exclamations at seeing the comps sets....I know production probably tells them to do that, but it's like they are all auditioning...which I suppose they are.  Tommy, in particular, seems to be using this gig to demonstrate comic ability?  Which is why it was so refreshing to hear David's surgical spot on analysis of the game.

• Love 6

In elementary school, we used to love having recess competitions that pitted boys vs. girls.  Everyone really got into it in order to prove who was "better".  As we age, that boys vs. girls mentality tends to fade - except for some people, including Jessica, it appears.

She's now twice tried to start an all-girl alliance in order to show the "boys" who's Boss.  Both times, her attempts have blown up in her face (literally, in the first case!).  I'm not sure why she's so convinced that an alliance, made up purely based on gender, would in any way be better than an alliance of like-minded individuals.  At 37, you'd think she'd know better.

(FWIW, the only all-male alliances that have worked on BB have been dudes who genuinely liked each other (The Brigade) and seemed to have a lot in common; random groups of guys fail just like random groups of women.)

I suspect that the only way the Gr8ful alliance is destroyed will be from within.  Jack&Jack did a really good job pulling in the strongest players who are there to compete and play.  The "others" (aside from my favorite, Sam) seem like they're just on a summer vacation where the accomodations aren't exactly top-of-the-line.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

Kemi talking to herself was kind of creepy

I would normally agree but I feel she was talking to the cameras/us, trying to get her side of things out there.  From what I gather, they all crave camera time and that’s a good way to get some 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, icemiser69 said:

Unless I missed something, there wasn't any explanation  on air as to why Jackson has a new name.

They explained it in one of the first episodes. Jack thought that it was confusing for them to have such similar names, so Jackson agreed to go by "Michie."

• Love 1