Type keyword(s) to search

Golden Girls Alphabet Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

R is for Rhode Island, which with Dorothy's childhood speech impediment sounded like Wode Island.

S is for Sicily and St. Olaf

T is for Tyler's Landing, that flashy, fast-paced city to which a rebellious teenage Rose fled and ran across Rev. McKenzie and Millie Beasley at a gin mill.

Edited by ATWTer76

P is for the Poconos, where Dorothy and Stan stayed at Emil Zunt's Hidden Honeymoon Hideaway.

Is that the name she says? Thank you! I've been trying to figure that out for 20 odd years. OK. Back to the game. Didn't mean to slow you guys down.

• Love 1
(edited)

X is for ???? Xavier University, a place never mentioned on the show.

Y is for Youngstown, another city never mentioned on GG.

And Z is for the haunted Zumbro Falls tunnel in Minnesota, where Sophia was thought to have disappeared while the girls' train was passing through on the way to Rose's St. Olaf Woman of the Year ceremony.

"Ma, are you all right?"

((Toilet flushing)) "I am now!"

How about names of the girls' boyfriends/husbands/dates for the next round?

A is for Al, the philandering diamond dealer who died in Rose's bed. "You could light firecrackers in his nostrils - you won't wake him!"

Edited by ATWTer76

We take a character, prop or episode (or anything, really) and run through the alphabet to find things that highlight the subject.

I keep meaning to ask -- is it a coincidence or was this game chosen for this forum because Betty and Rue used to play an alphabet game during taping?  (They'd run through the letters during breaks, and if they hadn't finished when it was time to shoot a scene, one would give her letter just before the camera started rolling, and then the other would follow up with the next one as soon as cut was called.)

• Love 1

I keep meaning to ask -- is it a coincidence or was this game chosen for this forum because Betty and Rue used to play an alphabet game during taping?  (They'd run through the letters during breaks, and if they hadn't finished when it was time to shoot a scene, one would give her letter just before the camera started rolling, and then the other would follow up with the next one as soon as cut was called.)

Coincidence! since I did not know that interesting bit of trivia.  Very cool.