Type keyword(s) to search

Golden Girls Alphabet Game

• Start Topic

Q is for Betty as Louise Demery in Ellery Queen.  (A stretch, I know, but Q is hard!)

R is for Bea as Rosalyn Gordon in the TV movie P.O.P.

S is for Betty as Sue Ann Nivens on the Mary Tyler Moore Show

I hate to double up but it's been quiet in here and I really wanted to do V, so I hope you'll allow me this breach of etiquette just once.

U is for the Ugly Witch that Bea played in something called Omnibus in 1958.

V is for Vera Charles, Bea's character in Mame. 

F is for Ronald Reagan's First Lady......... Broderick Crawford.

G is for the sweaty general who would take a shine to Rose after the revolution comes.

H is for the harassment complaint Blanche filed against her creepy night school teacher when she decided to stand up for herself.

Edited by Cherpumple
  • Love 1

Z is for Zoophilia, which is presumably what was going on between Uncle Gino and the goat he legally adopted.

Maybe next we could do our favorite moments?

A is for when the Air Force major asked Dorothy if it was Mrs. Zbornak or Miss Zbornak, causing Dorothy to do her "sexy" walk across the room - and then revealed that he was hoping it was Miss Zbornak because he'd already checked off that box on his form.

(I love that not only was his relief about not having to change the form, but also that he just assumed that she was single.)

F is for Fidel's Funeral.

"He made me feel attractive and desireable again.  He probably made the rest of you feel that way, too.  And looking out at this kennel club that was no small accomplishment!"

"I'm leaving.  I'm not about to mourn a man who's been with every woman in this room."

"He was never with me!"

... "I guess even he had his standards."

• Love 1

G is for Rose's telling of the Great Herring War, which kept the women from going their separate ways.

Betty White deserves a special award for pulling that off without breaking character.