Type keyword(s) to search

Golden Girls Alphabet Game

• Start Topic

O is for Organ Grinder, which was the profession Sal took on in Brooklyn, to ensure that there would always be meat on the table...what happened to the monkey?

Edited by Blakeston

V is for Virgins which Sophia celebrated the Festival of the Dancing Virgins.

W is for the Widow Caravelli which Sophia's family went to for cures whenever someone became ill.

X is for eX which is for Sophia's exes Guido and Giuseppe. 

Y is for Young which for Sophia when she was young she had a butt you can bounce a quarter off of.

Z is for Zbornak which Dorothy met Stan in Brooklyn.

What about problems the ladies had?  With parents, ailments, men, cooking, whatever. 

A is for the AIDS scare Rose had.

B is for the Bacon, Lettuce & Potato sandwiches Rose and Sophia sold until they made an enemy of Johnny No Thumbs.

F is for Father Leahy, whom Dorothy, through a series of misunderstandings, fretted was going to leave the church for her (much to Sophia's dismay).  These misunderstandings also made her dress like the mother of a Solid Gold dancer.

R is for Rebecca, Blanche's daughter who she didn't speak to for three years when she was in France.  (And who showed up not exactly model thin.)

S is for Stanley, the ex husband who won't go away.

(Which led to one of my favorite scenes, the cabana club beach towel.)

Dorothy: "Blanche, please. I am in no mood to hear about the parade of endless sexual encounters that you have experienced up and down the Florida coastline, with only this towel between your hot flesh and the cold, wet sand!"

Blanche: "I brought my son, Skippy, home from the hospital in this towel, Dorothy."

Dorothy: "You're lying, Blanche."

Blanche: "Damn, you're good."

Anyway...

X is for MaaloX (as in, the "we have maalox and estrogen" line from the burglary episode), which means that at least one of the girls had a very specific problem.

Z is for Madame Zelda who predicted that anyone who moved into Blanche's house would die an agonizing death, which would certainly be a problem. 

For the next round, how about we do adjectives that describe the girls' clothes/accessories/wardrobes?  This could get really creative! :)

I think we already did clothes, but by doing adjectives I thought people would have a little more choice and creativity.  For example, instead of having to pick one specific item for A, like Rose's Airplane Sweater, you could choose anything you thought was awful, awesome, antiquated, amphibian-like, angular, etc.

I dunno, maybe that's too fine a line.  If anybody else has an idea, that's fine.  I'm just easily entertained by rants/raves about their clothes. 

H is for hideous, which also describes Dorothy's ugly wedding dress.  (Really, this needed to be said twice). 

I is for the Improper-for-her-age outfits the other girls sometimes called Blanche out on wearing (though really, I'd be lucky to look half as good in outfits, ugly '80s fashion component aside).