Type keyword(s) to search

Golden Girls Alphabet Game

• Start Topic

Since we're supposed to be doing pop culture references made on the show, and one of my favorites fits P, I'm going to repeat those last two letters rather than moving on:

O is for Oprah Winfrey, butt of one of the show's jokes I do not like.  (After Rose protests her alleged UFO sighting was not that of a plane by saying, “Planes aren’t that thin or that bright,” Dorothy snarks, “Neither is Oprah Winfrey, but that doesn’t make her a flying saucer.”)

And from one of my favorite scenes ever:

P is for the PLO, the only organization possibly more fanatical than the Elvis fan club.

(It is also for Pinkerton guards, from one of my other favorite scenes -- Dorothy's delightful response to Rose's confused "What kind of protection?" in the "Condoms, Rose!  Condoms, condoms, condoms!" episode is, "Two armed Pinkerton guards.")

Edited by Bastet

S is for Star Search.  Blanche heard those patronising a sperm bank can procure samples from Nobel Prize winners .... or is that Star Search winners?

Edited by Bastet

Z is for the Zbornie! Though it's not of our world, I imagine the Zbornie took the Golden Girls world by storm and was sold on late night TV showcasing the amazing difficulties of opening hot potatoes and millions of people made fun of it and then bought one anyway. (If anyone else has a Z, please have at it!)

Maybe Z could be for Dr. Zhivago, which Rose claimed was her favorite movie of all time in her Soviet dream sequence.

I guess we can collectively come up with another topic, since several people provided answers for Z?

My suggestion is insults.

As in, A is for Animal, which is what Rose called Blanche when she thought that Blanche slept with the Country Bear Jamboree.

Edited by Blakeston

G is for gerkonkernaken (yeah, I don't know), which, literally translated, is the precise moment dog doo turns white, but generally stands for someone you wouldn't share your hadenkoggles (again, I don't know) with.  It's what Rose thinks of Blanche.

Edited by Bastet

J is for "You no good back-stabbing Jezebel," which is what Blanche called Dorothy when they worked together at the museum.

(I think it's funny that Blanche was the one calling Dorothy a jezebel!)

O is for Ornery which Blanche called Sophia when she talked about Sophia's character traits, "You're always ornery, unpleasant, and downright mean, that's part of your charm."

P is for Petite which Rose was wondering why Blanche was in petite when Blanche told her a story about a guy hitting on her in the store.

Not that I'm fond of this joke, but:

Q is for Queer, because a guy is gay if he can sing the entire score of "Gigi." But, a six foot three, two hundred pound married man with kids, who likes to dress up like Dorothy Lamour, Sophia thinks you have to go with queer.

U is for Upside-down on a trapeze, which still wouldn't make Blanche's bosoms perkier than Cheryl Ladd's.

V is for a Vindictive little sea monkey, aka Sophia.

Edited by Blakeston

Maybe we could include where all the girls came from, including St. Olaf and wherever in the south Blanche grew up.

A is for Angela, Sophia's sister who visited from Sicily.

B is for Mrs. Beasley, Dorothy's doll in Brooklyn.

Let's try narrowing it down to Sicily and Brooklyn, and if that's too hard, we can expand it.

E is for Ear Salve, which didn't look as appealing on a menu as pesto sauce did.

Edited by Blakeston