Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Matryoshka

How does the song go again?

Abby's the worst

Oh God another mindscape

"If you want to avoid hell, the answer's not immortality it's morality" has to be the most annoying piece of dialogue I've seen in anything ever. How about "be moral without requiring a hell myth". This show's religious overtones are really starting to yank my chain. 

• Love 1

Abby willingly kills a guy to bring back Kane... Yet gets mad at Murphy for making the best out of a bad situation ( with a lil extra for him of course)  and maybe keeping everyone safe.. Then gets prissy at Gaia who's only doing her sworn duty and is also thinking of protecting everyone... And yet to when it came time to save her skin didn't even flinch to say she'd make more synthetic nightbloods which would ensure more sacrifices... 

Ugh Abby.... 

Echo is gonna kill ryker... And her heartbreak is gonna come soon right... I mean I was sure Clarke was about to plant a big smooch on Bellamy in Gabriel's crib.... Anybody who witnessed that whole deal can't help but think those two are destiny 

• Love 7

This show is really trying my patience.  So much filler.  This is all the writers came up with for this season.  Because it's just all so boring.

Don't care about Clarke's mindscape trips with Josephine at all.   Let's put these memory books over here and blast them into somewhere else.  FFS !!

And the Primes are so gullible they deserve to be killed off, falling for the old "you don't know the formula for making nightbloods from bone marrow" con.

Is Diyoza ever going to show back up ?  Anything to get the story moving along.

Where the hell did Jordan go ?  Still recovering from his stab wound somewhere, I guess.

• Love 1

I really don't hate this season. I like it, but I feel like they're trodding along just because they can. 

So, Clarke's mindspace with Josephine was great but I am REALLY glad to finally have Clarke back. It does seem like Josephine is gone. I'm not sure if she's still in the mind drive or she tried to latch on to the stuff that Clarke latched on to and failed, but either way, I think that's the end of Josephine.

Russell is the worst. I called him a Dante-like character at the beginning of this episode but...nah, he's a Cage. He punished one guy for temporarily killing Simone by burning him at the stake like a witch, and tried to do the same with everyone else, if not for Murphy's quick thinking.

Ryker knocks out Echo because he doesn't actually want to kill the remaining Primes (he knows he's next).

Abby is hypocritical, for sure. Not that Murphy didn't deserve that slap, but Abby killed a guy for Kane. She doesn't have a leg to stand on, here. And Murphy does save all of their lives by doing what he does best (and luckily, Abby and Raven are smart enough to go along with the revelation about the bone marrow; good job with keeping that in your pockets until you needed it!)

Bellamy/Clarke get a nice moment at the end. I've always said that they're platonic soulmates and this doesn't disprove this (although I guess actual shippers get to interpret it differently). Either way, I'm glad things are finally coming together.

Madi and Sheidheda could have been interesting if it wasn't all of five minutes in total this season. There needed to be more time spent. 

• Love 1

Was there something special about Clarke's bone marrow transplant??? That's how she was made a nightblood and it worked quickly... but I don't remember the details if they had to do something special... At least this now gives us a reason why they didn't tell them the bone marrow thing from the start... 

11 minutes ago, roctavia said:

Was there something special about Clarke's bone marrow transplant??? That's how she was made a nightblood and it worked quickly... but I don't remember the details if they had to do something special... At least this now gives us a reason why they didn't tell them the bone marrow thing from the start... 

Abby took Luna's bone marrow because they couldn't go to space to make Nightblood. 

Going to space was supposed to be Plan A. Bone Marrow transplant was Plan B. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Bellamy/Clarke get a nice moment at the end. I've always said that they're platonic soulmates and this doesn't disprove this (although I guess actual shippers get to interpret it differently). Either way, I'm glad things are finally coming together.

😍

• Love 1

It might have made sense from a character perspective for Russel to loose his cool and try an execute everyone, but it kind of takes away from any real suspense, because it's not like this show is going to kill off so many regulars in one fell swoop and turn it into "The Adventures of Clarke, Bellamy, Echo, and Octavia."  If they kept it at one or maybe even two, it would have still worked.  At least it ended with Murphy being the one to talk their way out of it.

Ryker better haul ass, because Echo is so going to give him an ass-kicking once she wakes up.

Loved the brief Murphy/Raven exchange.

Glad Clarke is back, even though I enjoyed how Eliza Taylor played Josephine.  Knowing the real life relationship between her and Bob Morley did make the final scene kind of fun:

Writer: "Congrats on the nuptials, guys!  And guess what?  You get to lock lips in this episode!"

Eliza: "Cool!"

Bob: "Really?"

Writer: "Well, Bob, ....you'll be actually giving her mouth to mouth since she's dying.  Also, Bob, you will be required to pound on your wife's chest.  Hard."

Bob: "Oh, come on!"

• LOL 2
  • Love 4

1) Josephine, a) middle age forgetfulness catches up to us all. I have no sympathy. b) beyond that, just lovely that you had this long tragic romance but given that much of it was lived in someone else's body, also, no sympathy. c) Show, why were you trying to make any of this sympathetic? I get the whole "grey/white villains are a thing now" but really.

2) Russell, burning people alive right after talking about the peace and sanctuary of sanctum and releasing the people who helped disturb that peace and who also have a potential army of 400 murderers and cannibals waiting in a nearby spaceship is maybe not your best argument. Just saying. 

3) Me: Bellamy, if you actually want to get Clarke's heart going again, that is NOT where you should be pressing on/hitting her chest.

Terrible TV science: That's what YOU think!

Clarke (cough cough hug): Plus, I'm the star of the show.

• Love 4

Russell is basically Abby complete with an inevitable "Maybe there are no good guys" speech. He would be the worst hypocrite but Abby is still here.

From my perspective, there's been nothing platonic about how much Bellamy loves Clarke although how Clarke feels has never been as clear cut. I'm just kind of annoyed that the show runners responded to the dead lesbian controversy by making Bellamy and Clarke perpetually at odds so we won't think there's a chance they're hooking them up.

I don't know whether they feel they can get away with Bellarke being endgame now (which they clearly originally were) but at least when they're together the show is significantly better. 

• Love 4

Did Josphine want Clarke's body that badly that she killed herself for it? I'm assuming that's what happened. She latched on to mesh that Clarke did and didn't leave with the chip. So she's gone now. 

While Murphy does deserve to be slapped for his selfish choices. Abby is not the person that should be judging anyone. She's worse than all of them. She did the same thing Russel did for Kane. I wish someone had said that to her. Madi's storyline is just there and not really adding anything. I suppose they have to wait for MamaClarke to come back and get rid of the dark commander. 

Also what happened to Jordan? Why would the Primes try to save him. I guess Delilah's host might since he saved her life. 

The Clarke/Bellamy scene was exactly like the Xena episode "Is there A Doctor in the House" from Season 1 (ep 24!).  I'm guessing one of the writers remembered and copied it almost exactly.  Also like Xena and Gabrielle, there was plenty of "subtext" that they were in love with each other but it was never consummated.

By the end of the show, Xena died in a horrible way so I hope that doesn't happen here, even though I'm not exactly a shipper of Clarke/Bellamy.  I like them separately, just not together but I do understand how shippers get very frustrated with this endless "will they/won't they?" torture.  I lived through 6 long seasons of Xena with that.

(edited)

I know the Blake siblings have a hell of a long road ahead of them but that reaction from the newly 'redeemed' Octavia to seeing Bellamy really makes me long for their reconciliation. 

Edited by dju
  • Love 3
On 7/17/2019 at 5:42 AM, AudienceofOne said:

How does the song go again?

Abby's the worst

Oh God another mindscape

"If you want to avoid hell, the answer's not immortality it's morality" has to be the most annoying piece of dialogue I've seen in anything ever. How about "be moral without requiring a hell myth". This show's religious overtones are really starting to yank my chain. 

That particular dialogue is in line with the show. After he "died," Murphy has been afraid of dying and being damned. Morality isn't religious in and of itself, it's just about choosing good over bad. The theme for this season has been "do better," although I can't think of anything anyone has done better compared to past seasons.

• Love 3
On 7/17/2019 at 5:16 AM, UNOSEZ said:

Abby willingly kills a guy to bring back Kane... Yet gets mad at Murphy for making the best out of a bad situation ( with a lil extra for him of course)  and maybe keeping everyone safe.. Then gets prissy at Gaia who's only doing her sworn duty and is also thinking of protecting everyone... And yet to when it came time to save her skin didn't even flinch to say she'd make more synthetic nightbloods which would ensure more sacrifices... Ugh Abby.... 

This! This! A thousand times this! I feel like I say the same thing every week. Abby sucks. She’s a hypocrite. She cares about herself above all else. Ugh Abby. Definitely ugh Abby. 

On 7/17/2019 at 6:16 AM, ottoDbusdriver said:

This show is really trying my patience.  So much filler.  This is all the writers came up with for this season.  Because it's just all so boring.

Don't care about Clarke's mindscape trips with Josephine at all.   Let's put these memory books over here and blast them into somewhere else.  FFS !!

I realized I was low key dreading watching this when I saw it in my DVR list. It’s never been the best TV on TV but I used to enjoy it. This season is boring and sometimes feels like a chore. The mindscape crap is just so yawn-worthy and I don’t care about it at all. I was worried we were going to get a full blown split personality storyline emerge during this episode and I don't think I can take much more of Josephine so hopefully she’s actually gone. 

The Primes. The fracking Primes. They suck as villains. They are lying, murderous, pretend god body snatchers that subjugate their people and expect gratitude with their servitude. There is no good way to really emphasize or sympathize with their viewpoint and have them be villains you can sort of enjoy. They are baby sacrificers for frack’s sake. Burn them to the ground and let us learn about the Nulls (what a condescending term) and the new Grounders. 

I’m ready for the evil commander dude lurking behind Madi’s shoulder to burn away too. I find it boring but then again I find Madi boring. I feel like she’s pasta. It’s generally bland and doesn’t have too distinct of a flavor until you throw some sauce on it. It can be used as a carrier for many other flavors. Madi is a daughter (marinara) then she’s an up and coming commander (alfredo) then she’s a non-entity (butter) then she’s a possessed murdery vessel (pesto). 

• Love 4

The evil commander reminds me of worm-tongue. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Abby either but, one major difference is, the guy volunteered to become Kane, Clarke did not volunteer to become Josephine. 

40 minutes ago, Samwise979 said:

Clarke did not volunteer to become Josephine. 

Well, Murphy agreed to work with Josephine after Russel "killed" Clarke, he didn't actually set Clarke up to be killed.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ketose said:

That particular dialogue is in line with the show. After he "died," Murphy has been afraid of dying and being damned. Morality isn't religious in and of itself, it's just about choosing good over bad. 

Since this entire plot line is predicated on the apparent existence of a literal hell that Murphy is scared of, then I'm afraid I don't agree. The show is saying that a) hell exists and that b) fear of hell is the reason that Murphy should choose morality. 

• Love 1

Oh thats real enlightened of you Russell. Burning people alive like its some witch trail from the Middle Ages. Truly its Clarke's people that are the barbarians! 

I can get Abbey being pissed at Murphy, but that whole slap and snarl routine seemed super hypocritical considering she just killed that guy so Kane could live. Yeah the guy volunteered, but only because he had been brainwashed his whole life to think that he only existed to become "one with the Primes" and give up his body for other people. And then she gets shitty with Gaia for talking about doing her duty to possibly save everyone! I am trying to be generous because her daughter just died (as she thinks) but calm that hypocrisy down!

Murphy did do something crappy, but at least he is trying to do better now, and its a good thing for everyone considering his quick thinking and survival instinct ended up saving everyone except that poor guy who temporarily killed Russell's wife. It was nice seeing him and Raven talk, and that she offered him some decent (if kinda simple) advice regarding his damnation fears. Although, considering Raven can so easily forgive Murphy for his temporary allyship with the bad guys, cant she do the same for Clarke? Maybe she holds her to a higher standard, but I really hope that next time she sees Clarke, she can move the hell on.

Clarke has returned! She and Bellamy are clearly each others person whether thats romantically or platonic. Although I gotta say, even without a kiss, that big tearful hug seemed pretty damn romantic, if I do say. And while they clearly have a long way to go, and Octavia has a LOT to answer for, but seeing them hug when they found each other really made me nostalgic for their close sibling bond, and made me want to see them reconcile.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Although, considering Raven can so easily forgive Murphy for his temporary allyship with the bad guys, cant she do the same for Clarke? Maybe she holds her to a higher standard, but I really hope that next time she sees Clarke, she can move the hell on.

Murphy is Raven's family now and he didn't hurt Raven the way Clarke's actions had hurt her last season. I think it's simple as that for Raven.

• Love 4
On 7/18/2019 at 9:06 PM, Samwise979 said:

The evil commander reminds me of worm-tongue. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Abby either but, one major difference is, the guy volunteered to become Kane, Clarke did not volunteer to become Josephine. 

I think calling the guy who had been brainwashed and lied to his whole life about the exalted nobility of sacrificing his life for the Primes "volunteering" is wrong. Did he say, "yes I'm willing to do this?" Yes. That is no meaningful kind of consent.  That is brainwashing into a cult kind of consent.                                                                            

• Love 5