Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, smores said:

don’t know if this has been mentioned, but Sonja taped her face back? What? And Andy said that’s how old Hollywood did it. I guess I’ve sort of heard about that before, but why would she need to?

Hmmm .. maybe that’s why Goldie Hawn always wears her hair in her face.  She has lots of wrinkles.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 7/13/2019 at 9:26 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

Has Dorinda ever explained this to Lu, or is she too busy defending the ‘heckling’ accusation? I’d say ‘own’ the heckling.... “yes, I was heckling you about Jovani because you didn’t thank me (on stage) for being the one that got you the Jovani dresses!”.

I have to say that I don't even feel Dorinda was heckling she was just kind of giving Jovani a shout out (because like you said Luann mentioned the dress but not the designer), albeit a drunk shout out. I did not ever think it was heckling and neither did Dorinda. 

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

I have to say that I don't even feel Dorinda was heckling she was just kind of giving Jovani a shout out (because like you said Luann mentioned the dress but not the designer), albeit a drunk shout out. I did not ever think it was heckling and neither did Dorinda. 

Yeah, I’ve also leant this way in my wonderings .... Dorinda was giving a shout out to Jovani but because she was drunk and in a foul mood with Luanne it was perceived.... naaaaah, [there my wonderings screech to a halt]... Dorinda had too much of the grump with Lu for it to not be heckling.... however, it was Juuuuust on the edge of shout out vs heckling though so sober Dorinda can argue/believe that she wasn’t heckling. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

Yeah, I’ve also leant this way in my wonderings .... Dorinda was giving a shout out to Jovani but because she was drunk and in a foul mood with Luanne it was perceived.... naaaaah, [there my wonderings screech to a halt]... Dorinda had too much of the grump with Lu for it to not be heckling.... however, it was Juuuuust on the edge of shout out vs heckling though so sober Dorinda can argue/believe that she wasn’t heckling. 

this is a good explanation! I am still Team Dorinda because she stuck thru that sham Tom wedding like it was her job. It was, as MOH. That was ride or die. Luann owes her.

• Love 11

I don't know why Dorinda just doesn't say:  "Yes, I was heckling you because you were so ungracious about the dresses.  No, I'm not going to apologize because again you were ungracious about it."

Meanwhile, Jovanni is probably happy as shit Lu wasn't gracious about the dresses.  If Lu had simply acknowledged him and Dorinda during the show, he wouldn't have had all this talk about his dresses.  It would've been a blip instead of a multi-episode arc.  And now his own Lu-shitastic video.

• Love 15

Bethenny's look was the only one I liked. In fact, I really liked it. But all of the others really missed the mark. Dorinda looked like she was dressed to be a stand-in for an Oscar statue. Sonja promoting her collection...is she the only person who actually wears her clothes? Because the only time I seem to remember it exists is at the reunion. Also, I didn't find it flattering on her at all. Sometimes I think these women forget that when selecting their outfits, they need to be most mindful of how it looks with them sitting on a couch because that's what the viewers see for 3 episodes.

I thought Lu did her best to cop to her behaviours but also remind everyone of her struggles. Given how often she's mentioned her sobriety and challenges on the show, I felt that apologies at this point don't need to be prefaced or followed up with 'I was going through a lot' because it rings hollow. Just say 'sorry' and leave it alone. I don't know if any of this is actually going to make Lu more tolerable about her sobriety and especially about her cabaret but I guess we'll see. Dorinda was shooting daggers at Lu from jump but I'm glad they hugged it out. I honestly prefer them as friends but let's see how the other 2 episodes ride out between those 2.

• Love 4
On 7/12/2019 at 2:53 PM, Otherkate said:
On 7/12/2019 at 1:58 PM, sadie said:

The behavior Bethanny describes of Dennis is Addict 101. I don’t know if she put it together at the time but maybe looking back now it seems clear. Addicts are notorious for “I love you, I hate you” type behavior, they push you away then pull you back, they miss important events, they “oversleep” as an excuse. It’s a very destructive kind of relationship and for someone like Bethanny I can only imagine is far worse. It leaves long standing scars (ask me how I know ). 

Agreed.

Personally, I found that very painful to listen to. Sounded like the other women were familiar with the state of things too. 

Yes with a covert addict you only realize the signs after the fact. She sounds crazy trying to describe the relationship but the truth is she was probably blind to a lot of his damage while she was in it.

• Love 8
(edited)
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

The thing is she is famous enough now that her words about Dennis after every episode this season are actually all over the internet so it isn't like if they just don't watch Bravo they can avoid it.

And if Beth's speculation he killed himself for her and now is trying to pull her into the afterlife don't bother them, I would be amazed.  

I disagree.   Bethenny's words about Dennis may be all over the Internet that you read but with the exception of this forum, I never see them.   I don't read any tabloids or gossip sites.

I'm not as sure as you are that Bethenny actually said he killed himself for her in so many words. She says lots of things.....Actually she rambles and has many theories.  She also said he withdrew from time to time and spent days in bed.   If anything Dennis' family probably dismisses what Bethenny says as the ramblings of a reality star for the camera.   That's how I see it.  

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Hmmm .. maybe that’s why Goldie Hawn always wears her hair in her face.  She has lots of wrinkles.

You’re probably right. And that pic posted above reminded me that I’ve seen the Grace and Frankie episode where Jane Fonda removes hers. It all makes sense now lol. It makes me kind of sad in a weird way. Sonja’s beautiful with a playful  personality and she shouldn’t have to worry about doing that. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, sasha206 said:

The thing is she is famous enough now that her words about Dennis after every episode this season are actually all over the internet so it isn't like if they just don't watch Bravo they can avoid it.

And if Beth's speculation he killed himself for her and now is trying to pull her into the afterlife don't bother them, I would be amazed.  

Plus, there are always those well-meaning friends who feel the need to keep others informed about what's being said, no matter how hard they try to avoid it.

• Love 4
(edited)
19 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I disagree.   Bethenny's words about Dennis may be all over the Internet that you read but with the exception of this forum, I never see them.   I don't read any tabloids or gossip sites.

I'm not as sure as you are that Bethenny actually said he killed himself for her in so many words. She says lots of things.....Actually she rambles and has many theories.  She also said he withdrew from time to time and spent days in bed.   If anything Dennis' family probably dismisses what Bethenny says as the ramblings of a reality star for the camera.   That's how I see it.  

I never purposely searched for what she said, but after every episode where she talked about Dennis, I'd pull up Daily Mail and there would be a photo of Beth and her words about Dennis.   

Whether or not they manage to avoid it, they don't deserve to have his death under the microscope of her reality show storyline.   She could have grieved him on the show in the most respectful way to his family.  She didn't.  

Also, she didn't say: "He may have killed himself over me..." but she said.

“I hope I didn’t have anything to do with him dying.”  Especially since she also said this:  “Dennis told me if we didn’t work out, he was never going to be in a relationship again. He was going to be alone for the rest of his life.  It was a tremendous pressure, and it kept me in. I don’t know what happened that night ,and I will always have to live with that for whatever that means.”

He died of an overdose of drugs.  Unless she opened his mouth and emptied a bottle of opiods in his mouth, why on earth would she question whether SHE had anything to do with his death.  The obvious inference is that he was soooooo despondent that she exited the relationship that he overdosed because of it.  I don't know how else you would interpret that.  It's one thing to say, "I wish I had done more [helped him into rehab]" and another thing to say you hope you didn't have anything to do with his death.

Edited by sasha206
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I never purposely searched for what she said, but after every episode where she talked about Dennis, I'd pull up Daily Mail and there would be a photo of Beth and her words about Dennis.   

Whether or not they manage to avoid it, they don't deserve to have his death under the microscope of her reality show storyline.   She could have grieved him on the show in the most respectful way to his family.  She didn't.  

“I hope I didn’t have anything to do with him dying.”  Especially since she also said this:  “Dennis told me if we didn’t work out, he was never going to be in a relationship again. He was going to be alone for the rest of his life.  It was a tremendous pressure, and it kept me in. I don’t know what happened that night ,and I will always have to live with that for whatever that means.”

He died of an overdose of drugs.  Unless she opened his mouth and emptied a bottle of opiods in his mouth, why on earth would she question whether SHE had anything to do with his death.  The obvious inference is that he was soooooo despondent that she exited the relationship that he overdosed because of it.  I don't know how else you would interpret that.  It's one thing to say, "I wish I had done more [helped him into rehab]" and another thing to say you hope you didn't have anything to do with his death.

The Daily Mail?   I rest my case.

Thanks for posting Bethenny's quote.  It confirms the fact that she never claimed he killed himself over her.  

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

And then decided to have a "grief therapy session" on reality tv so that the therapist could absolve her of any blame and tell her it was a testament to her relationship with Dennis that she could love her new boyfriend. Not that she is at all to blame in any way, but the whole thing was just so uncomfortable to watch. Some things are okay to keep private!

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 11:19 AM, biakbiak said:

Well in NY the surviving spouse is required by law to receive 1/3 of the estate regardless of the will.

Most states have this statute, I believe.  It's not so much that the spouse is "required" to take the money, but the spouse can successfully contest a will that excludes them, and get 1/3 of the estate.  Now, if the spouse signed a pre-nup giving up that right, it might stick (I don't handle estate work).

My take on the Dennis dating while married is that, I get it that some people never divorce, but agree to live separately.  Dennis and  his wife appeared to be in that category.  So I'm not necessarily saying it was wrong to date, but you cannot be engaged!  Can't be planning a wedding with a guy who is still married.  Never mind that B has been all over the place about whether they were really "engaged."

• Love 7
4 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Bethenny's look was the only one I liked. In fact, I really liked it. But all of the others really missed the mark. Dorinda looked like she was dressed to be a stand-in for an Oscar statue. Sonja promoting her collection...is she the only person who actually wears her clothes? Because the only time I seem to remember it exists is at the reunion. Also, I didn't find it flattering on her at all. Sometimes I think these women forget that when selecting their outfits, they need to be most mindful of how it looks with them sitting on a couch because that's what the viewers see for 3 episodes.

I didn't really like Beth's dress, but I loved the hair, the hair color and her makeup.  She looked fantastic.  There's no question that Beth has the best style out of all of the Bravo franchises.  I think she had great style even in the early seasons.  Some people just have that knack.  And with the exception a couple of misses this season (the Little House on the Prairie outfit sticks out) I always think she dresses impeccably.

Now I just wish her personality and self-awareness would go back to her first couple of seasons!  I loved her then.

• Love 7
On 7/11/2019 at 8:52 PM, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Of course, you're "over" the Jovani thing, Dorinda. You won't admit that you were drunkenly heckling Lu and you've somehow made yourself the victim when you were the perpetrator. 

And there were TAPES!!!  With unedited AUDIO!!!!!  How stupid does one have to be to deny saying something you're on tape actually SAYING?!?!?!?!??!?!

• Love 4
On 7/12/2019 at 9:14 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

That was my first thought doesn't he have kids of his own? isn't he still married? wouldn't he spend mothers day I don't know with the woman who gave birth to his children? or his own mother if she was alive? With Beth its ALL ABOUT HER ... his death has been all bout her ...he has kids? He has a life outside her? not according to her, his whole life with nothing but Beth 24/7

That's what ticked me off the most about her behavior with his death and funeral.  He was still married to someone else, with whom he had children who were old enough to read the media.  She made it all about her and continues to make it all about her when she isn't the widow.  She's the concubine or the affair or whatever, but she had no role in any of this.  Her mourning is important but should not override the family's mourning.  It didn't need to be all about her and it didn't need to be her story line this season.  She was crass, rude and disrespectful to the real, official family.  She knows no shame, so I won't even suggest that she should be ashamed and should publicly apologize to the family on a multitude of levels.

This, to me, makes her an awful person I wouldn't want to be anywhere around.  She may have a great heart and benevolence and all that, but she's a skunk in her personal life and most reasonable people should just stay away before she sprays them with her toxicity,

• Love 8
On 7/11/2019 at 11:37 PM, QuinnM said:

She’s making private jet money on those jeans.  She’s not up to Jessica Simpson money yet but it’s getting there

Can't wait to see the new SkinnyJet, with the big sign on the door.

fish_free_no_fish_symbol_red_allergen_classic_round_sticker-r6365267e76c744f2ba03cd75f1dec355_v9waf_8byvr_307.jpg

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, stcroix said:

I'm so over Dorinda and I used to like her (mainly because we got to visit Blue Stone Manor at Christmas 🙂  But now she's just this mean drunk.  When she starts her little chanting rave with her hand going I give her the side eye.  It was funny at the Italian place when I first remember her doing it along with Clip! but now it looks like a problem with alcohol and she doesn't even know she's doing it.

I think her whole problem with Lou is she's lost her drinking buddy and it makes her feel like a drunk instead of two 'girls' having drinks and fun.  She is in total denial about any wrong doing.  I can't stand this because she sure calls everyone else out on real or imagined slights. If Lou went back to drinking/partying with her they'd be best friends again-- all forgiven. She's thinking like an addict.

I don't know what her problem was with Tinsley on the last show-- it seemed like jealousy.  She looked like a mean old drunk bullying Tinsley and stating she didn't believe what Tinsley was saying about her relationship with Scott.  I mean, other than Sonja who always seems to have a problem with Tinsley, WHO CARES? They all have their boyfriends and other womens boy friends and ex husband boyfriends.  Who are any of them to judge Tinsley?  I can't believe I rewatched the last two episodes (fast forwarded 1/2 reunion until I stopped seeing Beth's trying-to-cry face) so I watched an episode and a half.  And I'll probably rewatch the entire season next year before Season 12 begins because I'm Bravo's Ho like that 😞 

Luann is wrong to expect support for everything she does. Other people have lives too.  Once is enough.  Do they all have to get decked out for three little songs?  Then the other guests or friends come on.  Luann is only on total about ten minutes, if that.image.thumb.jpeg.e638dbff0fe920db3e7e76c6549d7dc4.jpeg

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Luann's show is about 90 minutes and she is onstage for most of it.  There were a couple of costume changes which gave the stage to comedian Murray Hill and a Broadway star whose name escapes me.  She also does a Q&A with the audience. 

If the women don't want to come to her NYC shows, they should stay home.  But it'd be hypocritical of them to expect her to continue to attend all their functions/causes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, snarts said:

If the women don't want to come to her NYC shows, they should stay home.  But it'd be hypocritical of them to expect her to continue to attend all their functions/causes.  

Unlike with Bethenny the other women have never complained about her not showing up which probably indicates both that they don’t really care and two that Lu rarely turns down an opportunity to be on camera. However, I don’t find having to sit through a 90 minute show the same as going to a party which is what most of the other women’s events are.

• Love 11

Is it Thursday yet??!!!! Thanks to those that mentioned Lu's janky kitchen might be part of a lodge type deal. I wasn't questioning her having 2 kitchens. So do I. Neither are located in a bedroom area though. 

Loved Beth's hair color. Dorinda's didn't look too bad though she needs to deep condition it once in a while. Moaner got new teeth! Ya think Sonja ever got a new cap on that front tooth yet? Should have been her first check! 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Unlike with Bethenny the other women have never complained about her not showing up which probably indicates both that they don’t really care and two that Lu rarely turns down an opportunity to be on camera. However, I don’t find having to sit through a 90 minute show the same as going to a party which is what most of the other women’s events are.

I seem to remember Ramona bitching about Bethenny skipping her skin care launch, Dorinda complaining that someone skipped her Xmas tree lighting ceremony.  Believe me, the ladies keep track.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, snarts said:

I seem to remember Ramona bitching about Bethenny skipping her skin care launch, Dorinda complaining that someone skipped her Xmas tree lighting ceremony.  Believe me, the ladies keep track.

Yes they were bitching about Bethenny skipping because that increase the likelihood that it will be aired, Lu isn’t the same guarantee so no one gives a shit.

• Love 1

Ramona said, "How smart can Dennis be? I mean, he was on drugs." Saying he used drugs is one thing, but saying he was stupid because he used them and died is horrible.

Even though she was blunt, Ramona had a point.  Dennis wasn't some poor kid who'd have to wait two years to get into a decent rehab center. He had the MONEY to go to the BEST places in the world and find another method to deal with his physical pain.  

• Love 4
(edited)
53 minutes ago, snarts said:

Luann's show is about 90 minutes and she is onstage for most of it.  There were a couple of costume changes which gave the stage to comedian Murray Hill and a Broadway star whose name escapes me.  She also does a Q&A with the audience. 

I don't think we should compare Lu's cabaret performances to the HWs' parties.   Lu's gig is a job.   They've been to at least 2 or 3 shows already.  How many times do they have to go watch her work? 

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I don't think we should compare Lu's cabaret performances to the HWs' parties.   Lu's gig is a job.   They've been to at least 2 or 3 shows already.  How many times do they have to go watch her work? 

I totally agree. Also, for the parties and charitable events, they aren't required to remain seated for 90 minutes having their eardrums tortured. Ramona actually said, "we don't want to watch you work."

• Love 11
1 hour ago, AnnA said:

No different than watching Tinsley host a circus, Bethenny launch skinnygirl jeans/visit her tequila supplier, Ramona release her skincare line.

• Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, snarts said:

No different than watching Tinsley host a circus, Bethenny launch skinnygirl jeans/visit her tequila supplier, Ramona release her skincare line.

The only one that’s similar is Tinsley hosting a circus which not all of the women attended and was a one time thing. Going to a launch event you can come and go whenever you want and mingle with whomever you want it’s not at all the same of attending a performance. 

The tequila trip was also a tasting and food and they didn’t have to attend.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 8

With the exception of Barb, none of the women want to go to see Luann.

And.....Barb goes because she is being a good friend. A good friend to someone who is a piece of shit friend.

She cares about no one but herself and she steals from her children.

Who wants to be around someone like that?

• Love 10

I like Tinsley, a little childish, but still adorable.  She’s not a troublemaker and finally found her voice even tho she whispers it, lol.  I don’t get why they are always bugging her about Scott as that is her business.  I think it’s really mean spirited to question and tell her what to do.  She’s always defending her relationship and shouldn’t have to.  She shouldn’t take any one of their advice as they are all fu..ed up themselves and can’t even keep their own lives in order.  I think she belongs with a younger crowd.  They all don’t even pay attention to her most of the time.  Not nice.  If Bravo let’s her go, Dale will be devastated as she thinks she’s the next Patricia Atschul.  No way is she like Patricia.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The only one that’s similar is Tinsley hosting a circus which not all of the women attended and was a one time thing. Going to a launch event you can come and go whenever you want and mingle with whomever you want it’s not at all the same of attending a performance. 

Haha, except the tequila trip, Ramona was ready to sell her ageless soul to the skinny girl gods in order to attend!!

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I think it's different in that, they only went to the circus 1 night, to 1 Ramona skincare launch party, 1 Sonja TipsyGirl launch party,1 skinnygirl jean launch party, maybe other SK launch parties, but only 1 per product line. The Christmas Cabaret show would have been the 3rd time the women had gone to Lu's cabaret show on TV (Jovanni, The night Beth went home "to watch Bryn sleep", and Christmas with the Countess). 

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Love 5
13 hours ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

IMO - Oh, yelling Jovani once was a drunk shout out, yelling it repeatedly and loudly with clapping was heckling. 

• Like 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Cherrio said:

She cares about no one but herself and she steals from her children.

Who wants to be around someone like that?

And when they try to talk to her they are not saying they don’t like her cabaret.  They are not saying she shouldn’t do it.  Well, some of them are because she’s drinking.  The complaint is that even after the sham marriage, humiliating divorce, arrest for threatening a police officer, being sued by your children, multiple stints in rehab ... Luann still expects differential treatment.  The best room, massage waiting whenever she walks in the door, she is the countess after all.  She is better than any of them.  

I don’t think anyone but maybe Ramona is jealous of the cabaret gig.  I think they all figure you make that money while the sun shines.  

• Love 4
23 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

If she met someone better, she would dump him in a flash, but she hasn’t.  She doesn’t want to do dinner alone, so she keeps John.  She thinks she’s better than him and uses him.  He’s hoping she’ll change her mind and commit.  Maybe when she gets older, they’ll live together, but that’s it IMO.

Something tells me that John causes conflict with Hannah.  Maybe this explains some things. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, chewycandy said:

You’re probably right. And that pic posted above reminded me that I’ve seen the Grace and Frankie episode where Jane Fonda removes hers. It all makes sense now lol. It makes me kind of sad in a weird way. Sonja’s beautiful with a playful  personality and she shouldn’t have to worry about doing that. 

That series was so funny.  I don’t know where Lilly & Jane get their energy.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, snarts said:

I think that's one of those standard RH franchise ploys --don't show up to event, the event host is upset.  Just like the someone-didn't-get-invited-to-function snub that causes drama.

• Love 6

I am sure part of the concern is that if all the women don't show up, then it's possible the event won't make it on the show.  With Luanne, she had more than enough times to plug the cabaret, so I don't mind them saying, "hey, we can skip this one." But they all seem so put out by the fact that she finds meaning in her cabaret act, and I honestly find that a little bizarre.

Someone up thread said that they think part of why Dorinda is so bothered by Lu is because she lost a "drinking buddy," and I definitely agree with that thinking.  I think that Dorinda sees Lu's attempts to maintain her sobriety (even though she doesn't always succeed) as an indictment of Dorinda's own behavior. She doesn't want Lu to be healthy because then she'll have to admit she's not healthy. And she's really vicious when she feels under attack. 

• Love 7

Once again, Bethenny contradicts herself. 

"....because I had this security presence in Dennis. If it was Thanksgiving and I was going to be alone I could always be with him."

But then on Mother's Day, Dennis could not be present and  "I ended up alone."

Except she wasn't really, she was with the only person that should have mattered on that day. Another reason why we can't take anything she says at face value.

That diatrabe about Dennis was so obviously rehearsed. She likely had notes prepared and was studying them before the reunion.

She's insufferable.😕

• Love 11
(edited)
5 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

I am sure part of the concern is that if all the women don't show up, then it's possible the event won't make it on the show.  With Luanne, she had more than enough times to plug the cabaret, so I don't mind them saying, "hey, we can skip this one." But they all seem so put out by the fact that she finds meaning in her cabaret act, and I honestly find that a little bizarre.

Someone up thread said that they think part of why Dorinda is so bothered by Lu is because she lost a "drinking buddy," and I definitely agree with that thinking.  I think that Dorinda sees Lu's attempts to maintain her sobriety (even though she doesn't always succeed) as an indictment of Dorinda's own behavior. She doesn't want Lu to be healthy because then she'll have to admit she's not healthy. And she's really vicious when she feels under attack. 

Agree with the bolded.

This is what mainly bugs me. They try their best to mock, diminish and treat it like some crazy fluke. It's really isn't.  This has been a Lu recipe for some time now and they can't stand that she works it so well.  And I don't think it's cool that they try and make Lu feel a certain kind of way about it. THEY may not think she's hosting the Oscars but she's really invested and proud of the work she does on stage. Just because they don't value her performances doesn't mean that Lu should reflect their disinterest in her own behavior around them. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Lu doesn't add more flare about it when around them just cause she knows how ridiculous they are about it and feels like rubbing it in a bit. Not cause she's so superior but because of how much nonsense they give her about it so I think she lays in on a bit thick on purpose. I would, just to bug those bitches. LOL. 

I think they are rude for making it such a "tasking" topic all around. They are just mad that Lu is proud of something when they think she should be practicing a more humble, and embarrassed way of interacting. I hate it when people NEED other people to behave a certain way to outwardly convey to the public that they feel humiliated, ashamed or embarrassed. Lu doesn't owe them or anyone that. There are times and places where it would be appropriate like in court and with her children during her legal issues with them but those heifers? One thing I notice about Lu is that her defiance comes from not giving in to what is demanded of her. She'll try when it comes in a somewhat genuine request but she knows these chicks escalate every single thing in order to try and cut her down a size so I truly think her resistance isn't due to being completely self involved. I think it's more about not letting these bitches see her sweat and considering she's been in a shit load of perspiring situations her stubborness comes across as mind numbing. I say good for her.  Keep ya head up girl! Fuck 'em.

I'm all about letting Lu do Lu. Sure she's a mess in certain parts of her life. Aren't we all? Let her stumble, fall, get back up, fall in bushes, be cool not all uncool, sing/talk her next 10 albums, cabaret all night long while searching for buried treasure with as many pirates as she can find. Her attitude bugs and I get that but as far as I can tell, besides being a troubled individual and a bit full of herself I see nothing truly malicious or mean spirited about Lu.  Can't say the same about the rest. Even Tinsley has had a couple of pretty nasty snippets that show that she can be a rather stank mean girl when she wants to.  I think the only time we've seen Lu get ugly is when she's been is some tif with someone. All of her other type of transgressions are usually just minor "ummmm Luann......." covering your eyes, secondhand embarrassment type of gaffs. At least to me that's how she's mainly come across. 

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 7
20 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The circus thing was different, too, because both Sonja and Dorinda also had a part in it.  Their parts weren't aired on the show the way Tinsley's was, but they weren't just there as spectators.  Sonja wasn't just randomly pulled out as a lark.  

Now would they have gone to support Tinsley? I hope so, because she does go to their stuff, but it was a big overlap with 3 hos in the event.

5 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Once again, Bethenny contradicts herself. 

"....because I had this security presence in Dennis. If it was Thanksgiving and I was going to be alone I could always be with him."

But then on Mother's Day, Dennis could not be present and  "I ended up alone."

What she was saying about Dennis and Thanksgiving was that he was sort of a security blanket in that they were off and on with their relationship.  They would be together, things would go wrong, she would know the relationship wasn't ideal/healthy/good/whatever and so they would break up, but they never really made a clean break.  They were friends, the feelings were still there as were whatever issues, and what would happen is that if something was coming up (for instance, Thanksgiving), and she wasn't going to be with Brynn and didn't have other plans, he was always there.  She could call him and knew he was a fallback.  But that meant that it started the cycle of them dating again, etc.

Now, they obviously had issues.  Dennis clearly had addiction issues and it's not clear how well known it was.  But one of the problems that they had that caused them to be "off" again at times was that he would disappear.  This is something that addicts do, whether they're using and they vanish or they're trying to stop using and are sick and can't function.  It's also something people do when they struggle with mental health issues, so it might not trigger warning signs if he had hid his usage otherwise.  But, when she said she was alone on Mother's Day, they had plans to spend the day together and he didn't show up and wasn't reachable.  This type of being unreliable was one of the reasons they would break up and be "off"  

Both of those statements kind of illustrate the on/off or push/pull of a dysfunctional relationship.  I've seen friends go through those sorts of cycles and can say that I had a real winner in my early dating years.  I do not miss that kind of drama at all.  I honestly don't know how anyone has the energy to date so I give all sorts of praise to anyone who jumps back into that ring.  I think it would be exhausting, but I've gotten way more introverted as I've gotten older.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, smores said:

What she was saying about Dennis and Thanksgiving was that he was sort of a security blanket

My problem with her statement was her saying that she could always be with him, which was definitely not the case. That was the contradiction that I perceived.

• Love 6
On 7/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, lasu said:

Why? Unless they don't have an updated will, I don't see why it matters. 

Oh believe me it matters.  FIL and his wife (husbands stepmother) were separated living in separate houses in a neighboring state from us.  FIL had a semi live in girlfriend.  This was going on for 5 years.  Fast forward to August of 2017.  He ended up with cancer.  He came to live with us up until his death almost a year later (July 2018).  His will was updated, my husband had power of attorney, power over medical.  We were his caretakers.  We still to this day have not heard from his "wife".  Never checked on him, never showed up to the funeral or paid any expenses.  They were in the "process" of a divorce.  Had a court date.  He died 3 weeks before that court date.  Guess what happened?  She gets everything.  The stepmother got everything.  They were legally married.  My husband and his 2 brothers got zip, zero, nada.  Think again when you don't want to bother with getting a divorce.  It causes all kinds of problems when someone decides to throw the inconvenience of death at you and things aren't settled.  They owned 2 homes on 18 acres of land.  She gets it all!  They aren't allowed to take anything unless we go to court.  She gets the land, houses, pension (a VERY good pension), social security and a life insurance pay out.  Now, it all worked out for her since they kept putting the divorce "on hold" but guess who it didn't work out for?  His kids (they had no kids together).

Public service announcement.  Take care of your paperwork.  Get that divorce.  It will be so much less heartache for the people you leave behind.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
11 hours ago, Jack Terrier said:

Oh believe me it matters.  FIL and his wife (husbands stepmother) were separated living in separate houses in a neighboring state from us.  FIL had a semi live in girlfriend.  This was going on for 5 years.  Fast forward to August of 2017.  He ended up with cancer.  He came to live with us up until his death almost a year later (July 2018).  His will was updated, my husband had power of attorney, power over medical.  We were his caretakers.  We still to this day have not heard from his "wife".  Never checked on him, never showed up to the funeral or paid any expenses.  They were in the "process" of a divorce.  Had a court date.  He died 3 weeks before that court date.  Guess what happened?  She gets everything.  The stepmother got everything.  They were legally married.  My husband and his 2 brothers got zip, zero, nada.  Think again when you don't want to bother with getting a divorce.  It causes all kinds of problems when someone decides to throw the inconvenience of death at you and things aren't settled.  They owned 2 homes on 18 acres of land.  She gets it all!  They aren't allowed to take anything unless we go to court.  She gets the land, houses, pension (a VERY good pension), social security and a life insurance pay out.  Now, it all worked out for her since they kept putting the divorce "on hold" but guess who it didn't work out for?  His kids (they had no kids together).

Public service announcement.  Take care of your paperwork.  Get that divorce.  It will be so much less heartache for the people you leave behind.

So this woman wasn’t included in his will, but she gets everything because they were legally married? What’s the point in having a will then? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

So this woman wasn’t included in his will, but she gets everything because they were legally married? What’s the point in having a will then? 

Exactly.  Spousal survivorship is the term being used in the god forsaken state they lived in.  Being legally married has all sorts of legal ramifications and we thought we had all the bases covered.  

We've learned a lot unfortunately.  And we totally understand that she was his spouse.  She deserves half at best.  They led separate lives.  To be able to have pictures and mementos would be nice at this point.  They were married for over 25 years.  There are a lot of memories she has that his children would like to have also.

We are going to court over life insurance - whole 'nother bag of bullshit.  She contested it when she realized she was taken off one of the policies.  So, for a year now we've had a legal fight.  Just what his children wanted to deal with after the death of their father.  

Just my 2 cents on the whole "it doesn't matter if we get a divorce".  Think about the people you're leaving behind.  It's a huge cluster f*ck when you die.

Anyway, back to the regular scheduled programming!  

• Love 2
On 7/15/2019 at 6:12 PM, snarts said:

I disagree.  Lu's show is basically the same thing over and over.  Even if it slightly varies in content from time to time, it still involves sitting in seats and watching her perform.  And of course applauding for her and having to act as though they're fans as she takes center stage yet again.  I don't blame them at all for feeling "been there done that".   Especially because she is not at all gracious about it and comes off as extremely entitled and superior.

The other events are much more varied, much more social, and much more interesting, so I don't see it as a fair comparison at all.

On 7/16/2019 at 4:20 AM, JakeyJokes said:

I liked Dorinda quietly telling Bethenny "it's almost over" during the Dennis montage, and Bethenny telling Tinsley that she was projecting when she was giving her a hard time about Scott.

I loved that.  It was very sweet and compassionate.

• Love 7