Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

I have really enjoyed this season and will miss it.  While I’ve jumped ship on all the other Real Housewives franchises, this one has been a must watch for me. 

I thought all the women were dressed nicely except Sonja.  It’s a shame that she peddles these garments to her fans at an exorbitant markup.

I like Bethenny in general but tonight her talking over others and interruptions where over the top.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Yeah, it’s an albatross that makes her crazy but shits money! 

(She does need to put some back into it.)

Don't forget property taxes and tax on the rental income.  She better declare that income now that she declared it on the show. Then there's the toxic doggy doo dump in the back yard.  I can't imagine what the repair costs would be for that water damage she showed....hope there is no black mold 'cause that shit is expensive to remove.  Just saying....

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

In the past, I've hand-waived comments chalking up Bethenny's casual vulgarity to her "New York" roots, because, let's face it, there is so much more to complain about with regard to Bethenny, but tonight she ended all that.

To convert a comment about a woman's cosmetic dentistry into a pun about gay sex in such an unoriginal and uninspired way would cause any person I know or have met from New York to either ignore her completely or be stunned into silence by the sheer lack of inspiration in her comments.

It's offensive because it's lame.  I used to have friends and friends of friends--many gay, some straight--who lived in NYC, and whenever we would go out to clubs, no one would hold back on their language or conversational topics.  It went way beyond vaginas, to say the least.  But no one would say, "top and bottom, haha," because it didn't mean anything funny or unusual.

I don't think much of what Bethenny has to say means anything.  She has clearly spent too much time on the stand, being examined and cross-examined and she thinks we are all as interested in what she has to say as the court is in her testimony against Jason.  In fact, when she entered the reunion venue, she made a comment that her lawyer had been preparing her for court and for this reunion.  The lines are literally blurring for her.  No wonder she is in a seven year (!!!) custody battle--six years and 364 days were probably spent on Bethenny talking! This is an odd sentiment, but I simultaneously think she should fire her lawyer and pay him or her more.

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

Why does Bethenny think the SkinnyGirl brand is going to expand? Those stupid jeans? SELL!

She’s making private jet money on those jeans.  She’s not up to Jessica Simpson money yet but it’s getting there.

31 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

These reunions are ALWAYS "The Bethenny Show"... Kind of tiring. Like nobody ELSE in the world has BETHENNY'S problems, and she feels free to insert her opinion on any and EVERYTHING being discussed, whether she's involved or not.

I heard 30 minutes of the Bethenny show and 30 minutes of the Luann show.  So the other 4 ghetto split the next one or does everyone get 30 minutes.?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

These reunions are ALWAYS "The Bethenny Show"... Kind of tiring. Like nobody ELSE in the world has BETHENNY'S problems, and she feels free to insert her opinion on any and EVERYTHING being discussed, whether she's involved or not.

I'm tired of her and her opinions, frankly.  I do LIKE these nutjobs, but dang if I want to watch all the Bethenny ass kissing.  The whole thing is just...... UHHH....

Maybe I'm just TIRED. PERIOD. OF ALL OF THEM!

Apparently the Bethenny ass kissing takes on a new dimension according to previews. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

I didn’t like that Dorinda is now mocking Luann’s $400 Jovani dresses.  She seemed to appreciate the brand before LuAnn started wearing them at her shows.  That company could not even keep up with demand after the dresses were worn on the show.  That said, both Jovani and Naeem Kahn are available at Nieman Marcus.  I believe this is Dorinda’s reunion dress on sale for $585.

74AAC339-DD2E-4C15-ABED-4E7C7C1ABBF0.thumb.png.a5239ead73a08a8f2f6af29aa8be6eb1.png

Edited by Emmeline
  • Useful 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I didn’t like that Dorinda is now mocking Luann’s $400 Jovani dresses.  She seemed to appreciate the brand before LuAnn started wearing them at her shows.  That company could not even keep up with demand after they dresses were worn on the show.  That said, both Jovani and Naeem Kahn are available at Nieman Marcus.  I believe this is Dorinda’s reunion dress on sale for $585.

74AAC339-DD2E-4C15-ABED-4E7C7C1ABBF0.thumb.png.a5239ead73a08a8f2f6af29aa8be6eb1.png

Why don't they just show up in trunks and boxing gloves?  The whole gown thing is ridiculous.

• LOL 12
  • Love 11
(edited)

Bethanny made her money by selling to Beam Global for 100 million. IMO her current stuff is just side money. She isn't going to get rich selling SkinnyGirl clothes, that's for sure. The whole show took me less than 10 minutes to watch since I fast forwarded anything Bethanny. 

image.thumb.png.a00bf79ae7143645cda2c1fc505e399b.png

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 10
(edited)

I think Dorinda, Luanne, and Sonja are in very similar places in life.  None developed long-term successful careers on their own.  When their husbands left, they had nothing.  I feel Luanne clings to the cabaret as that one thing she can call her own.  I think Dorinda is jealous and would like to find something of her own.  Sonja still has a child at home to focus on, so I think she fares a bit better than the others.

Dorinda saying Luanne has no substance is the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

When Lu didn't thank Dorinda for the dress on stage, Dorinda sulked and became belligerent, and it was downhill from there.  In the end, both were just trying to get their slice of the pie.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 16

Oh my Lord just put me out of my misery!  I’m trying to figure out what these grown ass women remind me of.   Chirpy loud baby birds all wanting the worm? 

Maybe I have to pass  on the reunions and stick with this only HW during the season.   Small doses. I changed my mind previews shows Bethanney wiping Barbara’s tan off. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 5

Insanely long segment RE: Bethenny & Dennis. She seemed to express slight traces of self awareness with finally admitting they were NOT "engaged" at the time of his passing.  Even the photo of Dennis shown on screen was captioned "Bethenny's ex-boyfriend"...yikes! Then her admitting the optics being bad with regard to moving on so quickly. LuAnn will never change. She is who she is and don't expect any "substance" from her. Dorinda DOES need rehab but I think she is a good hostess and wants to be a good friend deep down but any perceived slight and she goes for jugular. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 14

Just watching now and my fashion observations:  

Dorinda's makeup and hair looked fantastic last night.  Also loved Beth's hair color.  Did not like Beth's dress.

Lu should not curl her hair.  And the fillers in her face is making her look masculine.

Sonja's outfit awful.  Made her look chubby.

Tins needs to stop with the 10 year old girl hair (and the braids she likes to wear).  Makes her face look long.  And the makeup, my God.  Don't like her statement earrings either.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Has it ever occurred to Bethenny that Dennis was trying to drag her to the afterlife to get her to stop talking about him and his family. Or maybe just generally to shut her up.

Right?  She's insufferable.  I think she's truly enjoying the drama of his death.

• Love 22

Only saw the last 20 minutes; so thankfully missed the Bethenny/Dennis discussion.  Maybe an unpopular opinion but...how on earth can such attractive women during the season ... appear looking like kind-of hookers on these reunion shows?  To me the dresses looked like what Blanche, Rose and Dorothy would be wearing if they had a show on today.  Shiny material (in person is was probably very pretty) that sort-of looked like cheap polyester.  

The makeup was over-the-top.  And what was going on with Ramona?  Granted, what I saw was mostly LuAnn and Dorinda.  Ramona was sitting on the end, the dress making her look hunched over and crone-like.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Right?  She's insufferable.  I think she's truly enjoying the drama of his death.

When Dennis died, I looked at some of the obituaries for him - and not one mentioned the time and place for his service.  Unusual, but I thought that perhaps the family wanted privacy, which is understandable.

And yet, we were treated to paparazzi photos of a grieving Bethenny at the actual service.  Wonder how they knew when and where to go?

Bethenny is nothing, if not self-serving. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 19
8 hours ago, Jextella said:

I think Dorinda, Luanne, and Sonja are in very similar places in life.  None developed long-term successful careers on their own.  When their husbands left, they had nothing.  I feel Luanne clings to the cabaret as that one thing she can call her own.  I think Dorinda is jealous and would like to find something of her own.  Sonja still has a child at home to focus on, so I think she fares a bit better than the others.

Dorinda saying Luanne has no substance is the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

I feel Dorinda wants something akin to what Luanne has now and when Lu didn't thank her for the dress, Dorinda sulked and became belligerent, and it was downhill from there.  In the end, both were just trying to have their slice of the pie.

Dorinda actually seems to have done well on her RHO fame having secured a radio job on Radio Andy.  I think she'll do better with that than Lu will with her cabaret in the long term.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
10 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

Omg that whole first hour could have been condensed into 15min and not missed anything. 

This is so true. Boring!

One take away, I hate Lu's song so much . I woke up at 1am and that damn song was in my head🥺😳 I hate it so much I won't ever say it's name. Damn you Lu.

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

It was a 'Wow' moment for sure, but Bethenny said that Lu was manic in that moment, so I can see how she was out of control.  Sounds like it was a bad situation to witness. 

I am not trying to defend LuAnn's boorish behavior, but I do think that the other ladies kind of overlooked what daily struggles LuAnn was going through with trying to stay sober.  I can't imagine being around the other HWs while they drink incessantly.  I don't know how she restrains herself in those situations!  I think she needs this show and the money too much to quit it, so I guess she'll have to figure out a way to deal with that part of it.  

Why was she manic? Is she Bipolar? Was she in drug induced mania? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Anyone sit in shock as Luann and Bethenny discussed the request for 6M? Like, I hesitated to ask a friend for $2.00 to cover a parking meter once when I didn’t have change. 6M?? Luann has no sense of shame. And to ask Bethenny to ask Dennis, a man she readily admits she didn’t know well, after he got her amazing legal representation...wow, just wow (said in Ramona voice).

I'm confused.  Is the 6M for the round house or was it for some other house?

And, did she get the 6M and if so, how and from whom?  Or did she take the round house because she couldn't get a house she wanted in the first place?

I gotta give it to Luanne for swallowing a bit of humble pie during the reunion and owning her crazed behavior.   Although I suspect she had a bit of a talking-to by Bravo heavys.   Come clean or don't show up.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, rustyspigot said:

Maybe Bethenny is a fan of the movie Clue. Mrs. White: It's a matter of life after death, now that he's dead I have a life.

I think you’ve just provided the copy for Bethenny’s next tag line! 😂

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
53 minutes ago, Kemper said:

Maybe an unpopular opinion but...how on earth can such attractive women during the season ... appear looking like kind-of hookers on these reunion shows?  To me the dresses looked like what Blanche, Rose and Dorothy would be wearing if they had a show on today.  Shiny material (in person is was probably very pretty) that sort-of looked like cheap polyester.  

Seriously so funny bc the Golden Girls episode where Blanche takes Dorothy and Rose to the bar where they were mistaken for hookers and the bar was raided 45 seconds later was on yesterday. Their outfits were on reunion point 😂

• LOL 13
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

Anyone sit in shock as Luann and Bethenny discussed the request for 6M? Like, I hesitated to ask a friend for $2.00 to cover a parking meter once when I didn’t have change. 6M?? Luann has no sense of shame. And to ask Bethenny to ask Dennis, a man she readily admits she didn’t know well, after he got her amazing legal representation...wow, just wow (said in Ramona voice).

I think that Luann asked Bethenny/Dennis for the $6M when she was on a drunken bender.  It seemed like her memory of it was slightly fuzzy, and that is why she asked Bethenny to explain it all.  

It could have been a drunken, rambling phone call that Luann didn't remember making, and of course, Bethenny, who never forgets anything (and often exaggerates the truth a bit), probably keeps throwing that back in Luann's face.

• Love 18

I deleted it already so can't go back to check.  What was Andy trying to blame Bethany for ? Dorinda and Lu were arguing, Andy said in fairness it was actually Bethany not Lu, of course Dorinda seemed to ignore him. I completely missed what he was talking about.

• Love 2

He blamed Bethenny for Dorinda being uninvited to the clambake.  

I think the 6M was for a different house, that Luann wanted but couldn't afford.  Sonja made a point of how the new round house fits Luann's budget.  (Luann will probably get her back for that.)

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

From her description of Dennis’ behavior, It looks like Bethenny knew about his mental health problems and/or addiction issues. This would appear to add fuel to the fire for the never ending custody dispute. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Bethenny's description of her relationship with Dennis didn't sound good to me. His constantly pulling her in, then pushing her away. Disappearing for days with not even a phone call.  Making a date to be with B and Brynn on Mother's day, then not showing up, sleeping all day,  leaving B and Brynn alone that day. Only wanting her when she started dating someone else, then it was time for rings and marriage proposals. And he was such a great guy because why? Sounds like he did nothing but fuck with Bethenny's head. As if she wasn't fucked up enough already. I've heard all I want to hear about Dennis. 

Dennis can neither confirm or deny Bethenny's description of their relationship. 

So she can say whatever she wants without someone saying "Now hold on for a sec".

• LOL 1
  • Love 22
24 minutes ago, ancslove said:

He blamed Bethenny for Dorinda being uninvited to the clambake.  

I think the 6M was for a different house, that Luann wanted but couldn't afford.  Sonja made a point of how the new round house fits Luann's budget.  (Luann will probably get her back for that.)

Ahh, ok. Thank you. 

27 minutes ago, Jextella said:

I'm confused.  Is the 6M for the round house or was it for some other house?

And, did she get the 6M and if so, how and from whom?  Or did she take the round house because she couldn't get a house she wanted in the first place?

I gotta give it to Luanne for swallowing a bit of humble pie during the reunion and owning her crazed behavior.   Although I suspect she had a bit of a talking-to by Bravo heavys.   Come clean or don't show up.

The round house only cost $1 million. Luann says the $6 million was to buy another house. We found 2 or 3 homes in that range upstate over on Luann's topic. It's also possible that the $6 million was to pay back the money plus interest that she stole from her kids' trust.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
31 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

When she was crying about how he promised her the best Mother's Day and then never showed up and left her and Bryn all alone, as if they were stranded somewhere, I was waiting for her to say it was because he chose to spend the day with his wife, the mother of his children.

Is Paul still married as well?

That was my first thought doesn't he have kids of his own? isn't he still married? wouldn't he spend mothers day I don't know with the woman who gave birth to his children? or his own mother if she was alive? With Beth its ALL ABOUT HER ... his death has been all bout her ...he has kids? He has a life outside her? not according to her, his whole life with nothing but Beth 24/7

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

The thing is, I don't even really like Lu but to me, Dorinda's behavior is so beyond-the-pale that I find myself defending Lu. Even with the text that Lu read, I could understand why she was like "John isn't my problem" because on the day she's having her show, the last thing she needs to worry about is Dorinda's boyfriend who she doesn't even seem to like all that much. 

And it still astounds me that Dorinda tries to claim that she wasn't drunkenly heckling Lu. She realizes it's on video and we all saw it, right?

• Love 22
(edited)
3 hours ago, trimthatfat said:

From what I heard, it sounded like Luann was calling around a number of people to see where she could get $6M for the house, including Bethy to ask Dennis if he could finance her.  Luann was manic, whatever that means, in her eagerness and urgency for the house, but she wasn't asking for a gift of $6M but a loan, which she obviously wouldn't qualify for with a mortgage lender.  But a guy in a quasi-shady financing business might lend it to her. 

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

Why do they always look so much worse and haggard during these reunions?  Is it cruel lighting or something? 

I thought the lighting was unflattering, and the cameras just were not using the filters they used on these women most of the time during the season.  Their plastic surgeries and fillers and botox were in full relief on that set, and they looked every bit as gruesome as those people on the Twilight Zone episode where their faces molded and froze into the shape of the gruesome masks they had been wearing.

Worst dressed goes to Sonja with her 80's prom dress knock-off. 

1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

Not that I minded, but was Ramona even at the reunion. She said nothing. And of course looked like she was ready to fall asleep.

She must have taken her advice to Aviva:  Take a XANAX!

29 minutes ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

The thing is, I don't even really like Lu but to me, Dorinda's behavior is so beyond-the-pale that I find myself defending Lu. Even with the text that Lu read, I could understand why she was like "John isn't my problem" because on the day she's having her show, the last thing she needs to worry about is Dorinda's boyfriend who she doesn't even seem to like all that much. 

And it still astounds me that Dorinda tries to claim that she wasn't drunkenly heckling Lu. She realizes it's on video and we all saw it, right?

What the text cleared up for me was that Luann didn't know if Dorinda considers John her boyfriend and takes him on Housewives things as her date.  We haven't seen much of him on camera lately, so if she doesn't bring him around, I can see why Lu wouldn't automatically invite him.  So, in her mind, it was up to Dorinda to ask and she shouldn't have waited until the day of the event to ask.  I get that.  We often wonder whether they are actually in a relationship or not since Dorinda keeps him at arms length.

Edited by izabella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10