Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Broken Promises

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I have a question for any woman who has been pregnant: how long was it before you "knew"?  Deavan's story just seems so odd to me.  They spent 3 weeks together and she'd already taken a positive test before he left?  I mean sure, it's technically possible, but doesn't it take more than like 2 weeks to "feel" pregnant?

P.S.  If I were Jihoon, I'd be getting that paternity test ASAP.  And I'm proud of his parents.  Many in the same position would just go ahead and grudgingly bless the marriage so their grandchild isn't a bastard (old fashioned term, not an insult, just technically born to unwed parents, like myself).

12 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I have a question for any woman who has been pregnant: how long was it before you "knew"?  Deavan's story just seems so odd to me.  They spent 3 weeks together and she'd already taken a positive test before he left?  I mean sure, it's technically possible, but doesn't it take more than like 2 weeks to "feel" pregnant?

P.S.  If I were Jihoon, I'd be getting that paternity test ASAP.  And I'm proud of his parents.  Many in the same position would just go ahead and grudgingly bless the marriage so their grandchild isn't a bastard (old fashioned term, not an insult, just technically born to unwed parents, like myself).

I assumed she missed her period so she took a test. It's bad luck but plausible to get pregnant that quickly if it's not your intention (and who knows, maybe it was her intention). I had questions not about that but her timeline of being seven months pregnant when they've been a couple for "oh I guess" eight months but meeting in person at month 3. Shouldn't she be five months along? Did I miss something? 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, LilMissKnowitall said:

I assumed she missed her period so she took a test. It's bad luck but plausible to get pregnant that quickly if it's not your intention (and who knows, maybe it was her intention). I had questions not about that but her timeline of being seven months pregnant when they've been a couple for "oh I guess" eight months but meeting in person at month 3. Shouldn't she be five months along? Did I miss something? 

I keep saying this! They've been together "about eight months" , he flew to the U.S. three months in. I don't believe for two seconds that's Jihoon's child.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, blubld43 said:

I was cracking up when he looked at Deavan and made it clear they would be having sex some kind of way. When the sex wears off, or he's not getting any because of feral child, he will be OUT of there!

Out of where?  Poor guy won't be able to get rid of her, as she will be living in his house.  I get anxiety thinking about so many people living in that little house, especially with that awful Dracula child.

17 hours ago, lucy711 said:

I'm not surprised she was in a diaper in the morning since most kids her age needs diapers at night, but she should have been changed as soon as she woke up.

I am so disgusted by the dirty diaper.  Once the kid wakes up, you change them immediately!  She is sitting in filth.  It probably smells.  

15 hours ago, Kangatush said:

I think I took a test around 2 weeks, and it was faintly positive.  I don't remember having symptoms that early, but I was actively trying to get pregnant so I knew it was a possibility.  It is reading the hormones in your body, so even though at 2 weeks they are not high, for some people it is detectable.  Depending on when you ovulate in your cycle (not everyone is the same), it could be 14 days before you are due to get your period.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
20 minutes ago, Mercolleen said:

"Oh, sorry. I was wrestling my shark." LOVE Daniel!

I hope this mess his mother has gotten him involved in doesn’t break that spirit. 

• Love 5
On 7/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, Mrs. Landingham said:

Totally agree. She is (allegedly) moving to Korea to live with them, not the other way around. She kept bleating on and on about needing to impress them with her domestic skills, so why not prepare a Korean meal? Oh, because that would require the utilization of her brain cells, never mind. 

Forget the Korean meal, if you want to impress someone with your domestic skills maybe not raise a feral brat.

• Useful 2
  • Love 22

That child sleeping in the same bed with that idiot mom and someone she doesn’t really know at all makes me crazy.   I’m glad others posted about her affect. She leaves her mouth agape (?) and turned down.   Yes go get the baby... She’s quite a contrast from the sexy images she posted on the site to suck someone in. How’d that sleeping with your parents until seven work for you? No excuse for dirty diaper when baby was sleeping in the same bed should be changed before you pile on the makeup  

I do think the mothers dragging their kids with them to hold up in a tiny foreign abode away from family is the worst,  having them refer to them as daddy.  All the parents are awful for not giving them what for and enabling the situation. 

• Love 16
14 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

That child sleeping in the same bed with that idiot mom and someone she doesn’t really know at all makes me crazy.   I’m glad others posted about her affect. She leaves her mouth agape (?) and turned down.   Yes go get the baby... She’s quite a contrast from the sexy images she posted on the site to suck someone in. How’d that sleeping with your parents until seven work for you? No excuse for dirty diaper when baby was sleeping in the same bed should be changed before you pile on the makeup  

I do think the mothers dragging their kids with them to hold up in a tiny foreign abode away from family is the worst,  having them refer to them as daddy.  All the parents are awful for not giving them what for and enabling the situation. 

I think her folks would be relieved if she moved to overseas.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

I know I am.

I know some guys aren’t picky but it’s still difficult to imagine many wanting to hook up with Miss Slackjaw McYellowteeth. There is nothing remotely sexy about her.  Maybe they show up with beer goggles and think she resembles her grotesquely filtered pics.

Edited by Spike
  • LOL 5
  • Love 5
Just now, Spike said:

I know some guys aren’t picky but it’s still difficult to imagine many wanting to hook up with Miss Slackjaw McYellowteeth. There is nothing remotely sexy about her.  Maybe they show up with beer goggles and think she reassembles her grotesquely filtered pics.

Dim lighting.  A lot of staring.  Alcohol.  2 people who don't speak the same language (literally).

Jihoon's dry cracked lips are driving me nuts too.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
22 minutes ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Dim lighting.  A lot of staring.  Alcohol.  2 people who don't speak the same language (literally).

Jihoon's dry cracked lips are driving me nuts too.  

Don’t forget 3 weeks of nonstop fucking. I’ll bet they had sex more times than they had conversations. Jihoon doesn’t seem like he was much of a ladies man back home. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Forget the Korean meal, if you want to impress someone with your domestic skills maybe not raise a feral brat.

LOL.  I find that amusing too.  As if the reason they are going to judge Devan harshly are the salted eggs and not the badass kid who is picking through they salty eggs with her dirty hands with her saggy diaper inches away.

It's just missing the forest for the trees.

Again though, this is 100% devans fault. Why the hell would you agree to make your bratty kid a storyline for a nationally broadcast reality show?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
Just now, RealReality said:

Again though, this is 100% devans fault. Why the hell would you agree to make your bratty kid a storyline for a nationally broadcast reality show?

I feel sorry for the bratty kid. She doesn't know she is a brat. She has a turd burglar for a mom and that mom never even tried to help that poor child behave. Who put soggy bottom child on the kitchen counter to straddle the breakfast for the in-laws and allow said child to dig into their food with her hands? I am just stabbing in the dark here but I bet Devan put her on that counter. And now poor bratty kid has a tarnished reputation forever, because as you said, nationally broadcast reality (shit) show. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
(edited)
9 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I feel sorry for the bratty kid. She doesn't know she is a brat. She has a turd burglar for a mom and that mom never even tried to help that poor child behave. Who put soggy bottom child on the kitchen counter to straddle the breakfast for the in-laws and allow said child to dig into their food with her hands? I am just stabbing in the dark here but I bet Devan put her on that counter. And now poor bratty kid has a tarnished reputation forever, because as you said, nationally broadcast reality (shit) show. 

Then again Deaven was “raised” by a nutcase herself (who obviously doesn’t think Deaven is doing anything wrong in the way she is “raising” Drascilla since they live in the same house).

Edited by ThereButFor
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
42 minutes ago, Hannah94 said:

I am just stabbing in the dark here but I bet Devan put her on that counter.

Yup just like the first scene we saw her in, she had the kid on the counter at her home too.  When the feral child took a bowl  and threw it across the room Devan and her mother made some stupid remark along the lines of how wild she was but did absolutely  nothing to discipline her.   I'm guessing that's how Devan was raised.

• Love 3
On 7/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, Hannah94 said:

That is all she cares about. Just like I feel about Jenny, how has Laura survived this long? She is so clueless, it's disturbing. There are big huge blinking billboard signs all over screaming DON'T DO THIS, LAURA and she is completely disregarding them. It's not even an "if"; it's a definite for sure mistake.

I think Laura looks at Angela and Danielle and thinks, “I’m much better than them.” That’s how she convinces herself this guy really wants her. I have an older relative who is somewhat similar. Ended a bad marriage and went through the whole rumspringa thing and started dating all these young guys who were clearly bums who believed the sugar mama fantasy was real. She tried to portray herself as this boss, fly chick who could pull these young studs, and wanted to be the envy of her older friends and family members, but she really was just being used. Although she is much more attractive than the 90 Day Fiancé losers.

Devean and that feral Wild Thornberry kid is the personification of Disney World and the reason I will never go back. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

dating all these young guys who were clearly bums who believed the sugar mama fantasy was real

Like the saying goes: "Nothing makes a guy fall in love faster than needing a place to sleep."

I made it a mission to never go to Disney with my now college age sons.  Yosemite and camping were more my speed.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Like the saying goes: "Nothing makes a guy fall in love faster than needing a place to sleep."

I made it a mission to never go to Disney with my now college age sons.  Yosemite and camping were more my speed.

It seems like they are selling the whole princess fantasy which may be less of an allure for boys lol.

• Love 3
On 7/9/2019 at 7:03 PM, PityFree said:

But did your cat add his own special toe jam to your eggs? 

We briefly lived in Austria, and my brother -- who also has the "gross gene" -- and I call it "Fuss Marmalade"

• LOL 2

I’m rewatching this after a long, occasionally frustrating day, just in order to feel better about my life.  I like Liam, Ludwing, Daniel, and Jihoon’s father.  Everyone else is just awful.

Laura irritates me beyond all reason.  She has two beautiful dogs that she has to leave behind, her sweet son who seems to still need her around, a fun friend like Ludwing...and she throws it all away on a man who punishes her for any perceived transgression by blocking communication.  A man who makes her cry and apologize for wanting reassurance after said punishment.  He reminds me (in actions and attitudes only...my ex more closely resembled a pissed off Phil Collins/pit bull mix than a hunky underwear model) of my ex, who would give me the silent treatment for days on end for burning his dinner or talking back.

Deaven is hideous.  She’s not even borderline attractive and she comes with a shitload of baggage.  Jihoon’s family needs to get a DNA test when that baby is born, because I also question her timeline.  And Drascilla is every horrible kid I had in 26 years of teaching, all rolled into one.  Yee-gods!  (As my mother used to say.)

Sumit is incomprehensible to me. If he’s not after Jenny’s money (and if he is, she hasn’t got that much), then what on Earth is in it for him??  She’s a rough looking 60+, and dear Lord, I want to do something to that scraggly hair!  She also seems to whine all the damned time.

No time for Tiffany and her stupid decision making.  Her son is absolutely adorable, though!!  He’s the anti-Drascilla.

And I felt sympathy for Corey at first, but his and Evelin’s whole story is a fake and he’s an idiot, so...

• LOL 3
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Marmiarmo said:

He reminds me (in actions and attitudes only...my ex more closely resembled a pissed off Phil Collins/pit bull mix than a hunky underwear model) of my ex, who would give me the silent treatment for days on end for burning his dinner or talking back.

Wait what?  On no. Congratulations on getting out of that, because that doesn't sound like it was going anywhere good.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

We briefly lived in Austria, and my brother -- who also has the "gross gene" -- and I call it "Fuss Marmalade"

Spent about 6 hours in Austria.  F-ing stunningly beautiful!  Never mind that a cup of coffee was about $6 in '89.  (Move over Starbucks).

Course that was Salzburg...

• Love 2

Exactly right, before they give their blessing to marry, Jihoon needs a DNA test on the baby. 

I do not feel sorry for Tiffany, just her children who are going to be dumped by Ronald one of these days, and for Ronald's mother who will lose her grandchild, and adorable Daniel.   

• Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 5:47 AM, RealReality said:

LOL.  I find that amusing too.  As if the reason they are going to judge Devan harshly are the salted eggs and not the badass kid who is picking through they salty eggs with her dirty hands with her saggy diaper inches away.

It's just missing the forest for the trees.

For some reason I thought the parents were talking about the bacon tartare being salty.  I remember that wild child on the counter at their home so it’s pretty much a thing with them  

I checked 2 bedroom apartments in India and I could live like a queen on my fixed income. A queen I tell you!  Jennys SS in 2 years will keep them in a manner he’s not accustomed to.  I still can’t figure out why he’s not coming to the states.  Also she’s making such a big deal out of cold bathing water didn’t she stay with his family on a previous visit or am I confusing these desperate women? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, athousandclowns said:

For some reason I thought the parents were talking about the bacon tartare being salty.  I remember that wild child on the counter at their home so it’s pretty much a thing with them  

I checked 2 bedroom apartments in India and I could live like a queen on my fixed income. A queen I tell you!  Jennys SS in 2 years will keep them in a manner he’s not accustomed to.  I still can’t figure out why he’s not coming to the states.  Also she’s making such a big deal out of cold bathing water didn’t she stay with his family on a previous visit or am I confusing these desperate women? 

I thought it was the eggs, and jihoons mom referred to the eggs as the "ruined dish" although TBF that could have referenced having a dirty ass three year old picking through the eggs with her saggy diaper mere inches away. 

I agree with your point about Jenny, because she spent a month or two with summit's family and I think they may not have had a functional toilet so they probably didn't have hot water showers. 

Perhaps the drama queen thing is just for the cameras....I don't know.  They should be doing more segments with summit's friends and more lead up for the parental confrontation!  His parents probably smell a rat because summit's stories seem pretty transparent and I don't think he is a good liar.  

• Love 4

Drascilla is downright feral.  She doesn't look right in the eyes either.  Haven't heard her really speak.  I wonder if there's some type of developmental delay.  Or she's just downright spoiled.  

• Love 13
On 7/11/2019 at 11:59 AM, blubld43 said:

I keep saying this! They've been together "about eight months" , he flew to the U.S. three months in. I don't believe for two seconds that's Jihoon's child.

Knowing the way TLC edits, their time line could be completely different in real life.  Either way Jihoon is stuck with raising a feral child but then again, maybe he will house train her better than Deavan has (or has not).

• Love 5

I think it is funny that Jenny, after finding out that Smitty has quit his job says she can't work till she gets her work visa...she does not speak the language, getting the work visa still won't help her get a job!  

I will always maintain that these couples hardly know each other, do not discuss how life will be, finances, living arrangements, religious differences, etc...when they finally see each other their discussions mostly consists of "I can't believe you are here," "I really missed you," "Now we can kiss in person," just an endless loop of nothing important.

The real baggage cannot be put on the plane.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Knowing the way TLC edits, their time line could be completely different in real life.  Either way Jihoon is stuck with raising a feral child but then again, maybe he will house train her better than Deavan has (or has not).

You might well be right, it just doesn't add up to me. Deavan is so stupid, IMO, that she could well believe any Asian baby could pass.

Honestly if there are any more disgusting meals like the last one I'll fast forward, ugh.

I think it is funny that Jenny, after finding out that Smitty has quit his job says she can't work till she gets her work visa...she does not speak the language, getting the work visa still won't help her get a job!  

I will always maintain that these couples hardly know each other, do not discuss how life will be, finances, living arrangements, religious differences, etc...when they finally see each other their discussions mostly consists of "I can't believe you are here," "I really missed you," "Now we can kiss in person," just an endless loop of nothing important.

The real baggage cannot be put on the plane.

I agree Jenny is an idiot, but couldn't she work at a call center? English would be a benefit to her there.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I guess she could be an American working in a call center in India.  She wouldn’t even have to change her name.

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

Sumit said he quit his job "for" Jenny. To find a suitable apartment, towel-dry her hair... uh uh, sure.

The moment he tried to paint it as quitting for her benefit, all the red flags slipped up every mast and I knew that he intends to live off her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:32 AM, watchingtvaddict said:

Flying a dog to the States is pretty cheap. IIt only costs $200 to add the animal to your ticket and you just have to show the dog has been vaccinated. A friend of mine took their dog to the States from Korea when they visited family because it was cheaper than getting a dog sitter/boarding the animal. 

When they get here, do they need to be quarantined? A friend of mine moved to England and took her poor cat, who had to be quarantined for months. She went and visited her, but the cat really went downhill because she was caged in a strange place for so long. She should have just rehomed her in the U.S.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
12 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Sumit said he quit his job "for" Jenny. To find a suitable apartment, towel-dry her hair... uh uh, sure.

The moment he tried to paint it as quitting for her benefit, all the red flags slipped up every mast and I knew that he intends to live off her.

Wow, very insightful and quite possible.  I will watch to keep an eye open for this.

...work her in the call centers, then live on her SS.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Teri313 said:

When they get here, do they need to be quarantined? A friend of mine moved to England and took her poor cat, who had to be quarantined for months. She went and visited her, but the cat really went downhill because she was caged in a strange place for so long. She should have just rehomed her in the U.S.

No quarantine. Bringing a cat or dog to the States is pretty easy. I think the UK is more difficult because it is an island, but I know a few people will bring their cat/dog in through France and then take the ferry to the UK to get around the quarantine issue. 

• Useful 2

Since other postings claim the fiances who go to the U.S. can't work, and only get paid through the U.S. person, then I bet Sumit is getting the pay, and that's his new job.   I bet Jenny can't get a job until she's a permanent resident.   However she will be 62 sometime this year, so I'm guessing her Social Security checks are on the way.      

• Love 1

Deavan is a shitty mother. To put her 3(?) year old in a position where she is sleeping with a strange man she doesn't know is so inappropriate. And he's clearly there to have sex with her trollop of a mother - he said so - and then you put your daughter in between you and him. She's a complete idiot. I don't necessarily think he will molest her, but then again, how do we know that he wouldn't? She doesn't really even know him. When Drucilla grows up, I suspect she'll have lots of horror stories about her childhood, thanks to her mother.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Since other postings claim the fiances who go to the U.S. can't work, and only get paid through the U.S. person, then I bet Sumit is getting the pay, and that's his new job.   I bet Jenny can't get a job until she's a permanent resident.   However she will be 62 sometime this year, so I'm guessing her Social Security checks are on the way.      

Wouldn't surprise me though if Sumit had to quit his job so he could film the show. I wouldn't be surprised if this storyline is manufactured for drama and he told Jenny beforehand if he wouldn't be working. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, watchingtvaddict said:

No quarantine. Bringing a cat or dog to the States is pretty easy. I think the UK is more difficult because it is an island, but I know a few people will bring their cat/dog in through France and then take the ferry to the UK to get around the quarantine issue. 

Quarantine (very strict) if you are bringing them to Hawaii. I think there are a few other states also

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
15 hours ago, zenme said:

Drascilla is downright feral.  She doesn't look right in the eyes either.  Haven't heard her really speak.  I wonder if there's some type of developmental delay.  Or she's just downright spoiled.  

I am a special ed teacher and I know a 6 year old child who acts like Feral Child.  He has matted hair that hangs in his eyes, you can not understand one word he says except for movie, youtube, Ipad and snack.  He darts around the room, touching everything and staying on task for about 7 seconds unless it is the Ipad or legos.  (I brought my own legos to this summer assignment and I am washing them with bleach when I am done.  I am not kidding.)  Drascilla reminds me of him - the darting around, no attention to anything.  It is like they found her in the woods or something.  Can't Deavan find a man in Vancouver?  It is my understanding that they have quite the thriving Asian population.

Having said that, Laura straight up worries me.  She is heading off, against what seems to be her better judgement, to a very male dominated country/culture to a man that emotionally abuses her and more.  I am worried for her safety.  Look, you are a fun personality, you have a few bucks in the bank, you said you love your life in Florida with your dogs and your wonderful son.  Find a man on OurTime or something.  

Edited by Mrs. Hanson
  • Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Spike said:

I guess she could be an American working in a call center in India.  She wouldn’t even have to change her name.

Yes, she could speak to the callers but what about her boss or co-workers?  Jenny speech pattern is awful, like Eeyore, can you imagine calling and she answers? Not a good phone voice. 

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Hindi is the most widely spoken language in India but English is also very widely spoken, especially among anyone who's upwardly mobile and ambitious. I'm sure Jenny could get a job fairly easily even not speaking Hindi. But I agree that Sumit intends to live off her Social Security, which will go a lot farther in India than it will in Palm Springs.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4