Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Broken Promises

• Start Topic

I almost threw up when Dracilla put the chopsticks between her toes. 🤢 Ugh, along with crawling around the the table with that loose diaper near the food. Donuts and coffee would have been a nice American breakfast. Maybe Deaven could have attempted making lunch.

• Love 18
14 hours ago, BoomerRumor said:

That kid is just repulsive. I would love to be a Korean-fluent fly on the wall after that lovely Korean couple power through this hideous week.

And probably glued to the toilet after eating raw bacon. Maybe two weeks if they can't move from the the can long enough to get to a doctor. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Paul just amazes me.  The whole "I can't believe that they cited this terrorist threatening conviction rather than the conviction for arson."  What? 

What happened to genocide?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think what baffles me most with many of these people is the complete lack of self-awareness.

Jenny and Laura for example. Neither one took a good look at herself and wondered why a much younger man is supposedly in love with her? 

Laura is a rough-looking 51-year old, obese, average looking woman and she believes that a 29-year old, reasonably handsome man is in love with her and that he has no ulterior motive?

I'm not trying to fat-shame her, but she is obese and not in the attractive, firm-fleshed plus-size-model way. Laura looks jiggly and flabby and that is not usually something that young men are attracted to, even if they like heavier women.

And what is the deal with the air quotes when she mentions that they are married "on paper"? If being married on paper enabled them to share a hotel room, it's likely legally binding.  While it is correct that in many muslim countries hotels are not supposed to rent a room to an unmarried couple, the reality is that hotels are extremely unlikely to demand to see a marriage license. Hotels in larger cities deal with couples who do not have the same last name all the time and people do not usually travel with their marriage license. They could have just said that they are married, or taken two rooms "on paper" and stayed together in one of them.

Now they're married and he turned out to be a "lousy lover"(™) . Serves her right for being so stupid at her age. I doubt he's going to start wanting to perform oral sex on her, no matter how many offensive books she gives him.

When he told his friend about blocking Laura on his social media, he said something along the lines of he is the man and she will have to follow his rules. They are already married, so he doesn't have to woo her any longer and he is now showing her who is in control. And that is Aladin. 

Laura claims to see red flags and instead of rebooking her trip to give herself more time for some much needed reflection, she cries and asks him if he really loves her. Argh!!

Edited by Cini
  • Useful 1
  • Love 22
5 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Jihoon's mom was insanely rude. If an American acted that way in a different country while the hostess tried to fix a traditional breakfast, nasty as it may be, people would be raking them over the coals. Just imagine Deavan in Korea taking out a leftover cheeseburger while Mother Jihoon was trying to introduce her to a Korean breakfast. She'd be called every name in the book.

Deavan was trying. Yes, she's a crap mom and her feral kid needs boundaries and manners, and I wouldn't have gone near those eggs either. But the mother was acting a fool before any of that even happened. And they pulled that bacon out while it was still raw and started chowing down on it while she tried to tell them it wasn't cooked. 

Jihoon could have gently ushered them out the room and ask them to play with feral child who seemed to like Father Jihoon.  But I forget - Jihoon is clueless on the domestic front.

• Love 6

I don’t understand why Deavon didn’t take Jihoon and his family to visit her own family.  If they are getting married the families are going to have to meet at some point.  Plus it’s somebody else in this thread pointed out since they have Drusilla they can’t really go anywhere adult in Vegas so that’s kind of a waste of a location.   I wonder if there are issues with Deavon’s family that she wants to keep hidden?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
7 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

I've only caught bits and pieces of the Jihoon/Deavan storyline, can someone explain to me why he can't move to America instead of her moving to Korea?

Likely because Jihoon is the one with a full time job and a way to support himself (due to cultural differences an adult child living at home doesn’t mean they don’t have sufficient income like it would here). If he came here Deavan would have to make enough to sponsor him as a family of FOUR (her, jihoon and the two kids). Also her parents might not want to help her or cohabit with him. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, SevenCostanza said:

I hate her too.  She irritates the crap out of me.  She always has this look on her face like a deer in headlights.   She's a terrible mother and I can't imagine how she's going to take care of a newborn in addition to the feral wild child. 

6 hours ago, GoGamecox said:

the disengaged, unintelligent way she acts. It's such a huge diversion between fantasy and reality. It's a great case study for online dating. Image is not reality, folks. 

That the average american IQ is something like 100, I suspect she's down somewhere in the mid to lower 90's, lol

6 hours ago, Squirrely said:

Jihoon's mom was insanely rude. If an American acted that way in a different country while the hostess tried to fix a traditional breakfast, nasty as it may be, people would be raking them over the coals. Just imagine Deavan in Korea taking out a leftover cheeseburger while Mother Jihoon was trying to introduce her to a Korean breakfast. She'd be called every name in the book.

Thing is this is not a normal rational situation they're thrust in. Normal, rational, reasonable, intelligent people would have a pleasant time together and in this regard absolutely enjoy whatever meals/food is presented as well as each others company and home..... because obviously, such a meal and gathering wouldn't be a shit show in the first place.

Edited by 100Proof
  • Love 3

Everyone one of these women who say, if such and such happens then I won't marry (insert name here) but they always do. They always keep threatening but they never stand their ground and leave.  

The older frowsy blondes this season are not being honest with themselves about the young men they are in a relationship with, I think they may tell the guy that they will take of them financially, at some point the money will run out and those guys will be on line looking for another frowsy woman that has low self esteem and a bit of cash in their bank account.  At no point do they ask themselves how a 30 year is interested in them?  

Jenny and Sumit who I will call him Smitty because Jenny calls him Smit, perfect example, she agrees to move to India and he quits his job so he can spend time with her.  Realistic? Nope. Convienent? Yes. I bet Smitty quit his job a while ago that is why he could tell his parents he was taking a job far from home, they know he was looking.  

Florida lady going to Qatar...that guy was catfished, her pics look nothing like her in real life but he bit because she has a bit of money...no way he loves her.

BTW, Liam has Dinyell's eyewear.  You cannot see his eyes.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6

I have to wonder if Drusilla is potty trained.  I know she wears pull-ups because Deavon was packing a stack of them.  Did she also have to pack a bunch of diapers for daytime? Lots of preschoolers still have to wear pull-ups at night, but I’ve never seen a preschooler with a sagging, wet, pull-up.  

• Love 4
(edited)

This show has more red flags raised than a very popular beach with extremely dangerous rip tides.

Aunty/Granny Jenny-- please note that not only did Sumit catfish you, he is now making very important decisions without your input and making you feel insecure. Plus his parents do not approve.

Laura-- gets points for noticing red flags, but points are quickly deducted for ignoring them. From what I have read, Tunisian marriages traditionally last 7 days and involve both families. Major red  flag---if he will block you on his phone, he will also monitor your own calls and  your life.   Remember you are not in the US or Canada anymore;  you are in the Middle East which traditionally is not very female-friendly---especially to assertive white women from the US and Canada.  You should listen to Ludwing and Liam.   Does Aladin have parents who will object?   This one could end really bad if she isn't careful.

So much for the cougars and their boytoys.....   On to the young people

Tiffany--Ronald's old friends are not supportive.  You knew for 6 months that he was in rehab so that was your opportunity to research about addicts and their behaviours.   You allowed him to endear himself to your son so watch for more of manipulation of Daniel.  He will also resent your monitoring ("mothering")  him to keep him from relapsing. 

Corey/Evelin--she likes to watch you jump through hoops.  There are more hoops ahead so plan to keep jumping.  Just remember to always ask "how high?" before you jump.  She already has managed to get your $$$.   Plus she does not like your religion.

Paul/Karina--you bore me except when you run.   Karina is smarter than you and Brazil doesn't want you.

Deavan--his parents aren't impressed with you and are probably smart enough to demand a blood test if the child looks the least bit Korean.   Feral Child is not endearing you to them.   By renting such a nice place, you will make Jihoon feel inadequate about the housing he can offer you.  

These people all seem so ill-prepared for the locations in which they want to live.  At least Tiffany and Ronald have the same language (although idioms will differ and some   words will have different connotations).   I do not predict success for those who need an app on the phone to talk to each other.    Actually, I don't see long term success for any of them. 

Edited by Twopper
  • Love 9

Does Deavon have any sort of job?  She’s not in school and she still lives with her parents.  She seems to have plenty of time to apply make up and take photographs of herself.  I’m sure there’s a Hot Topic somewhere in Utah that could use an associate.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Refresh my memory: why didn’t Karine come to the US?

Pole cannot afford the $26k (I think that's the right amount?) to sponsor her in the US. It's something like that. 

Clarification: I think that is the Annual Income he would need to be earning in order for her to be in the US, it would prove he could provide for her (and the baby maybe.) It's not a lump sum. He wasn't making that much in his menial job of picking up shit, and his mom will not co-sign anything because although she's got hair for brains (and she gives it away), she knows what's up. 

Edited by hookedontv
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Everyone one of these women who say, if such and such happens then I won't marry (insert name here) but they always do. They always keep threatening but they never stand their ground and leave.  

The older frowsy blondes this season are not being honest with themselves about the young men they are in a relationship with, I think they may tell the guy that they will take of them financially, at some point the money will run out and those guys will be on line looking for another frowsy woman that has low self esteem and a bit of cash in their bank account.  At no point do they ask themselves how a 30 year is interested in them?  

Jenny and Sumit who I will call him Smitty because Jenny calls him Smit, perfect example, she agrees to move to India and he quits his job so he can spend time with her.  Realistic? Nope. Convienent? Yes. I bet Smitty quit his job a while ago that is why he could tell his parents he was taking a job far from home, they know he was looking.  

Florida lady going to Qatar...that guy was catfished, her pics look nothing like her in real life but he bit because she has a bit of money...no way he loves her.

BTW, Liam has Dinyell's eyewear.  You cannot see his eyes.

Is Liam just awkward or is something clinical going on?

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Gingi1976 said:

Refresh my memory: why didn’t Karine come to the US?

Paul needed to make $28k, and his mom wouldn’t co-sponsor.

• Love 2

I dozed off during last night's riveting episode. What is Sumit's big secret that he's been keeping from Jenny? I'll watch the rerun later, but if anyone doesn't mind filling me in now I'd appreciate it. The suspense is killing me. Of course, knowing the way the TLC teasers work it's probably nothing.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Matty said:

I dozed off during last night's riveting episode. What is Sumit's big secret that he's been keeping from Jenny? I'll watch the rerun later, but if anyone doesn't mind filling me in now I'd appreciate it. The suspense is killing me. Of course, knowing the way the TLC teasers work it's probably nothing.

He quit his job so he could "spend more time with Jenny." So now, he's not working and she cannot legally work yet, so they are up shit's cold (just like their apartment water) creek with no paddle in sight. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

He quit his job so he could "spend more time with Jenny." So now, he's not working and she cannot legally work yet, so they are up shit's cold (just like their apartment water) creek with no paddle in sight. 

Yeah she’s freaking out because her savings will only support her six months and if he doesn’t get another job by then they will have no money.  Although she did say if he married her then she could get a job there.  I don’t know what the demand would be for her services lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

That baffled me as well. Didn't they just get up? Why was she putting Dracilla to bed? I think she just took her upstairs and locked her in the bathroom. 

I suspect Goth horror show is doing some drugs or such. My mother, a legendary alkie, was constantly trying to get me to go to bed in the middle of the day -- because that's where SHE spent the whole day so it seemed normal.

• Useful 6
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I agree the child is a terror, for sure, but I place all the blame on Deaven. That small child is what - 3? And she has no idea how to act or behave because her mom never taught her. To her, it is perfectly normal to act the way she does. Htf do you let your child dig into the future in-laws food with her fingers? AND right in front of them?

And I am soooooooooo pissed at Bleachy Old Lady too. It broke my heart when Liam was crying at the airport. That sad sack of a mother thinks some hot young guy in another country really wants her old wrinkled up ass?

Not only totally unsanitary, but the kid could be burned severely if she stuck her fingers in something really hot or tried to drink from a hot cup of coffee/tea, pulled a hot pot off the stove. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Mrs. Landingham said:

I agree with those who’ve suggested that when Liam said he’s worried he’ll never see his mom again, he wasn’t referring to Laura & Aladdin living in wedded bliss and her never returning to the US, he was predicting she’d eventually do something to run afoul of Qatar’s laws. She’s got Locked Up Abroad written all over her. (Or, Locked Up: A Broad!)

Yeah!  I don't think she gets it.  She could get locked up and Aladdin block her calls.  Then, there she sits.........and who would even know about it?   When she looks at the camera and talks about Aladdin.....you can just tell that she knows he's not in love with her.  And, who has to constantly beg their lover to pledge their love?  It's sad......and crazy.

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7

I side with MotherJihoon. She was trying to make an awkward situation much less awkward.  She should not be expected to sit there and put up with Nell(love that), nasty feet, poop, and Dead Eyes Deavon having a meltdown over nothing. 

Damn, Deavon - who can’t make bacon and eggs?   I mean, I get what she was trying to do, but take them to Golden Corral or Cracker Barrel if you want them to have American breakfast.  You can’t provide it yourself. 

So is Sumit plan to live off of Jenny’s Social Security or what?   He quit his job to spend time with Jenny? That doesn’t even make sense. Does he work in the call center 24/7?  

Paul.... “ Well of all of my charges to use to deny me....”  ok then. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, Cini said:

Laura is a rough-looking 51-year old, obese, average looking woman and she believes that a 29-year old, reasonably handsome man smoking hot, could be in an underwear ad, man is in love with her and that he has no ulterior motive?

Fixed that for you!!🤣🤣🤣

Aladdin is SO HOT. I’m not even mad at her for wanting to hit that.

I would have more respect for Laura if she just said she wanted young penis and was willing to pay for it. But there is young penis here!! Jenny doesn’t bother me so much, she has legal rights in India and they aren’t even married yet. If Jenny doesn’t like it, she can always come home. Laura is his wife and under his authority in Qatar. Does she even understand what that means legally?

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

Fixed that for you!!🤣🤣🤣

Aladdin is SO HOT. I’m not even mad at her for wanting to hit that.

I would have more respect for Laura if she just said she wanted young penis and was willing to pay for it. But there is young penis here!! Jenny doesn’t bother me so much, she has legal rights in India and they aren’t even married yet. If Jenny doesn’t like it, she can always come home. Laura is his wife and under his authority in Qatar. Does she even understand what that means legally?

He is attractive, until he opens his mouth to talk and turns into a giggling school girl. Like David Beckham and his less than manly voice.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

I have to wonder if Drusilla is potty trained.  I know she wears pull-ups because Deavon was packing a stack of them.  Did she also have to pack a bunch of diapers for daytime? Lots of preschoolers still have to wear pull-ups at night, but I’ve never seen a preschooler with a sagging, wet, pull-up.  

She's three. Lots of kids aren't fully potty trained yet at three, so I can't fault her for that. BUT Dracilla should have been changed when she got up!  Though since Deavan seems to be so utterly hapless and unable to cope with, well, anything, I don't wonder that probably no effort whatsoever has been made to introduce the idea of Big Girl Pants to the barely verbal, uncontrollable Dracilla. Seriously, that kid worries me. Is she delayed? I've never heard her utter a word. Just scream. 

• Love 12
(edited)

I wonder if Deavon's mom provided care for the baby when she was really little, so, Deavon could do some things with friends, school, etc.  and then she stopped, only Deavon never picked up on them and they just aren't getting taken care of.  It doesn't appear that she is really into child care. That's why it's so sad that she'll have another little one that she won't care for.  She didn't even notice that when they were in the car, going to Vegas, the child had a lollipop with hard stick coming out of it in her mouth.  That's really to be discouraged, as it's dangerous.  If you hit the brakes or someone hits you from behind, it can kill the child by causing the stick to lodge in the throat.  I would think that she would know that, but......I really don't think she thinks about things unless it's getting her love tank filled. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

She's three. Lots of kids aren't fully potty trained yet at three, so I can't fault her for that. BUT Dracilla should have been changed when she got up!  Though since Deavan seems to be so utterly hapless and unable to cope with, well, anything, I don't wonder that probably no effort whatsoever has been made to introduce the idea of Big Girl Pants to the barely verbal, uncontrollable Dracilla. Seriously, that kid worries me. Is she delayed? I've never heard her utter a word. Just scream. 

Did you see Deavan? She looked like she just rolled out of bed, I bet she didn't even wash her hands before attempting breakfast. I would be leery about eating anything she cooked even without feral child's performance.

I would bet that the extent of Deavan's "potty training" of Nell has been to put a pull-up on her and say " try to use the potty baby! ". That child has literally been taught nothing.

Edited by blubld43
  • Love 9

If men like Aladin and Sumit have only blonde hair and blue eyes as mate criteria, they chose ...... poorly. Because those two are bottle blondes with scraggly ass hair that will fall out before a year of their adventures are up. And laura’s Eyes are blue from the right angle only imo.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, iwasish said:

He is attractive, until he opens his mouth to talk and turns into a giggling school girl. Like David Beckham and his less than manly voice.

As someone with an exceptionally high voice I cannot hate on Aladdin. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah!  I don't think she gets it.  She could get locked up and Aladdin block her calls.  Then, there she sits.........and who would even know about it?   When she looks at the camera and talks about Aladdin.....you can just tell that she knows he's not in love with her.  And, who has to constantly beg their lover to pledge their love?  It's sad......and crazy.

Yes. She’s too deeply stupid to grasp how badly it can go for her in a country where she has next to no rights. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I really wish I could unsee the feral child with dirty feet ON TOP of the counter sticking her hands into the serving plate of eggs and eating them. 

Can we please just call her “Nell,” after the Jodie Foster movie about a girl who grew up in the wild? 

You’re welcome. 

Tey tey in da win...

• LOL 10
  • Love 2
18 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

I agree the child is a terror, for sure, but I place all the blame on Deaven. That small child is what - 3? And she has no idea how to act or behave because her mom never taught her. To her, it is perfectly normal to act the way she does. Htf do you let your child dig into the future in-laws food with her fingers? AND right in front of them?

Agreed.  I actually made some scrambled eggs tonight, in a skillet, not a pot.  The cat jumped up on the counter to investigate, and I gently picked him up, and put him on the floor.  So don't try to say Deavan couldn't have done the same with Drascilla.

And I love how after every event she says, "That didn't go well.  I'll have to make it up to them."  At this point she's going to have to whip out a 10 course Korean banquet, riding a horse, and speaking fluent Korean.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6

Does Deavon have any sort of job?  She’s not in school and she still lives with her parents.  She seems to have plenty of time to apply make up and take photographs of herself.  I’m sure there’s a Hot Topic somewhere in Utah that could use an associate? 

As far as Aladdin goes, I don’t think it does anyone any good to have young, “handsome” penis if the young, “handsome” owner of said penis can’t be bothered to try providing an orgasm.  I’d much rather have good sex with an average looking guy my own age.

1 minute ago, Kangatush said:

Agreed.  I actually made some scrambled eggs tonight, in a skillet, not a pot.  The cat jumped up on the counter to investigate, and I gently picked him up, and put him on the floor.  So don't try to say Deavan couldn't have done the same with Drascilla.

And I love how after every event she says, "That didn't go well.  I'll have to make it up to them."  At this point she's going to have to whip out a 10 course Korean banquet, riding a horse, and speaking fluent Korean.

But did your cat add his own special toe jam to your eggs? 

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, AZ Curls said:

I've only caught bits and pieces of the Jihoon/Deavan storyline, can someone explain to me why he can't move to America instead of her moving to Korea?

It has never been stated.  In fact, with the exceptions of Ronald (his record), Evilyn (her crap attitude), and Karine (Pole can't earn $28k) the reasons for picking the other countries have never been expressed.

5 minutes ago, PityFree said:

But did your cat add his own special toe jam to your eggs? 

No, I put chopsticks between his toes.

• LOL 16
2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

What?  They didn't have any more of Pole running!  Stupid show!

Ah, well, here's another Haiku for old times' sake...

Terroristic threats.

Pole needs to poop; bathroom far.

Obese chicken runs.

Glorious poem.  And I actually got a double dose of the Pole run.  My DVR had the last 20 seconds of last weeks show, Pole's run, and then when they did last week on, they showed it again!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yikes!  I normally don't eat breakfast so I surely would have skipped salty eggs that druscilla had picked over with her dirty hands.  I would have just picked up a candy bar later on my way to the casino.

Also.... chapstick.

Jihoons mom said she wanted to have a DIL who was like a friend.  Devan should have let her help.  I think Devan may be one of those people who aren't flexible but break when things don't go according to plan.  LOL @ jihoons mother taking a few courtesy bites and going for an apple.  

Does she know if anyone is lactose intolerant?  I feel like there isn't a ton of dairy in Korean food, but I could be mistaken.  Super cheesy eggs could have been disaster.

I had to LOL @ Devan acting like it's some sort of surprise that druscilla is running wild.  Ha ha, GTFOH Devan!

Ronald's friends are massive assholes for even wanting to take him to a bar.  He JUST got out of rehab!

And just yikes on that stripper.  She looked like a busted version of Devan....and that is BUSTED!  Girl no, keep ALL your clothes on!  Put on a robe! 

I think the keg Ronald was humping was better looking. 

I guess his friends are also cheap because that stripper was probably paid in cans of soup.

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 9
  • Love 10
(edited)

I also had a laugh when Devan was like "i wish I had more time so I could have really impressed them with my cooking"

Devan made cheesy oversalted scrambled eggs, Pillsbury biscuits in a can and raw bacon.

At this point she is cooking like a 10 year old trying to make mom mothers day breakfast in bed.  And that mom normally gets some pancakes!

Like what was her big plan if she had time?  Is she a secret James bears finalist who just likes salty eggs?

Edited by RealReality
  • LOL 8
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ronald / what's her face- His family is super sweet; they should kick him out- you know he stole from probably all of them.  Daniel is also such a sweet child.  The only bright spot in all of this disaster is that ronald's  family would take care of Daniel in a heartbeat if needed.

Jenny/ Sumit- Like he can't find another job? He is also emotionally immature; I feel like he expects things just to be handed to him. Jenny is looking rough.

Laura/ Aladdin- Liam is so sweet; shame on Laura for basically abandoning him.  I know he's an adult but they seem really close and she is possibly the only family he has in Florida. And Laura......I'm like girl , you catfished your ex husband into shaving his head......you are a rockstar, you don't have to go and be with tunsinan douche bro.  She could have found a quirky fun guy her own age stateside....I mean YOLO indeed but don't attach yourself to someone that is manipulative.

Deavan/ Jujizu/ and Dracula- Your kid sat on a counter and ate from a serving bowl with her hands; not just ate but shoved it in. She does not have manners. And how is she tired? It was morning and she just woke up.  What do you wanna bet Dracula stayed awake and was tearing the bedroom up just left on her own up there?  Jujitzu's parents were very sweet and much more patient than they should have been; I would have left and gone to a hotel.  If Deavan wanted time to cook; she should have gotten up a little earlier.  What idiot can't make scrambled eggs?  The kind of idiot that has never taken care of herself before; much less anyone else even her own child.

Oh and Pol (I forgot Pol)- he said that he made threats to slash his ex's tires after she was with another guy????  I thought it was he did slash her tires and key her car when an older woman friend of his ex's (with kids in the home) took her in so she could escape Pol and his mental manipulation and abuse.  And let's not forget he committed arson for insurance fraud as well.  Bravo to Brazil for not accepting him; now if only America would kick him out as well.

Edited by doyouevengohere
  • LOL 1
  • Love 13
21 hours ago, Hannah94 said:

And I am soooooooooo pissed at Bleachy Old Lady too. It broke my heart when Liam was crying at the airport. That sad sack of a mother thinks some hot young guy in another country really wants her old wrinkled up ass?

Yeah, I normally have a charcoal heart or I just don't really care about grown ancillary children on this show but Liam had me up in my feels. 

I wonder if Laura could name 5 things she likes about aladin that aren't physical attributes?  

I don't think she could.  He is just a young , really attractive guy with really nice abs giving her the time of day. 

She isn't even dickmatized because according to her the sex isn't any good.

Liam is one of the more perceptive people on this show and if Laura has an explosive temper so severe that relationships end after one blow up she really could end up in trouble.

The irony would be if Laura showed up with a sex toy to be sassy and "make a point" about how aladin should do better and she ends up having to use it on herself because he finds someone else.

After this episode I think that aladin is "training" Laura not to question him.  When she does he will just leave her for a few days or take off.  She will be all alone with her vibrator and in a country where she knows no one and will be so desperate for him to come home that she will stop asking questions.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18

I feel sad for Laura’s son. I missed the background story, is the son being left behind with a good family support system? I know he is old enough but it seems it’s just him and his mom. 

• Love 1

Some people are questioning why Deavan is the one making the move.

I’ve wondered that aswell and I kinda have a theory. 

I’m wondering if maybe she’s doing it as a way to feel like she’s achieved some type of accomplishment. She was a Teenage Mother & now pregnant again at 21/22. Most of her friends have probably went away to college, live on their own with roommates,go to parties,live care-free,all of that stuff. Meanwhile her life doesn’t appear that exciting in comparison to people her own age. A lot of them probably find her life sad & want nothing to do with her. Moving to Korea could give  her a sense of actually being interesting to her peers & feeling better about her life choices. 

And maybe I missed it but is Drusilla’s father in her life at all?? Is he okay with his daughter leaving the country? 

I have a friend with a 7 yr old that moved from the US to The Netherlands, and there  was a lot of paperwork before it was finally allowed because the father signed away his rights to speed up the move.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, PityFree said:

Does Deavon have any sort of job?  She’s not in school and she still lives with her parents.  She seems to have plenty of time to apply make up and take photographs of herself.  I’m sure there’s a Hot Topic somewhere in Utah that could use an associate? 

Devan seems fantastically desperate to trap some guy into being with her so that they are obligated to help with druscilla and support her and devan.  Dollars to donuts Devan has a spotty work history at best.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8