Type keyword(s) to search

The Land That Time Forgot: TV Shows That Haven't Aired In A Long Time

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well Just shoot Me I brought up before and finished the whole series. 

It really holds up well, can't believe no one runs it in syndication.  Especially since its a Steven Levitan show, pre-Modern Family.  I didn't realize he also did LA to Vegas.  I loved that show, was upset it only lasted a short time. 

The Maya/Jack dynamic in Just Shoot Me is very similar to Jay/Claire in Modern Family in that they both runs businesses, bring in the daughter to learn about it and they eventually take over.

The series finale is very underrated.  George Segal in the last scene is amazing saying goodbye.  Its probably the most underrated and forgotten series finales, especially since it aired on August 16th, 2003, in a back to back with the episode of Nina's wedding.  Odd for a 7 year series to have a finale in August and not May.  They did a summer run it looks like up to the finale. 

But the weird thing is that "finale" was then followed by 3 more episodes that obviously were made for earlier in the last season but aired in Nov after the finale in August. very weird

The highlight of the last season is Nina getting married to the british rocker.  they were really good together. 

Also in season 7 they introduce a weird new character that just doesn't work, Vicki.  She just isn't that funny and doesn't add much.  Then somewhere like halfway through the season they must have realized she wasn't working and they just kind of drop her.  They don't even give a reason. she just kind of disappears, doesn't even get mentioned in the finale like 10 episodes later.  its werid but I kind of like how they did that. 

Also they Maya and Elliot break up and then never end up back together for good after they break off the very brief engagement, the show avoids that pitfall.  It does dance around it for awhile but they never truly end up back together.

Lots of one episode famous guest stars too.  Bob Odenkirk and Patrick Fabian, Howard on Better Call Saul, both were on the show

I am trying to find where Newsradio is being shown now. 

Edited by DrSpaceman73
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, DrSpaceman73 said:

I am trying to find where Newsradio is being shown now. 

Newsradio.  Very underrated.  I thankfully bought the DVD's a few years back so I can watch it whenever.  The first episode after Phil Hartman's death is one of the best episodes to deal with the real life death of an actor that I've ever seen.  Touching tribue to the character/actor that still rang true to the tone of the show.  I remember it being in syndication yeeeears ago but I haven't seen it anywhere in quite some time.

• Love 7
On 6/13/2020 at 11:10 PM, kiddo82 said:

Newsradio.  Very underrated.  I thankfully bought the DVD's a few years back so I can watch it whenever.  The first episode after Phil Hartman's death is one of the best episodes to deal with the real life death of an actor that I've ever seen.  Touching tribue to the character/actor that still rang true to the tone of the show.  I remember it being in syndication yeeeears ago but I haven't seen it anywhere in quite some time.

I loved that show. I tried to watch the episodes after Phil Hartman's death and just couldn't and haven't been able to re-watch any of it since. They did do a great job with the episode dealing with his death. 

• Love 5

Thanks to my pandemic-induced insomnia I found this show on LOGO called ‘It’s a Living’.  I now watch while I do my morning workout on the elliptical.  It’s dated (omg the hair! the costumes!) but very funny.  It reminds me a bit of ‘The Golden Girls’ and I think there is some writer/producer overlap as I see familiar names in the credits.

• Love 5
(edited)

USA network is almost all marathons all the time at this point.  I don't know exactly what is going on.  It feels like maybe all these streaming services are cutting off their access to do big marathons of the shows that were more popular in syndication.  They seem to be in the NBC vaults.

I noticed this weekend that for some reason they decided to run Las Vegas marathons.  It does not hold up well.  But they did somehow manage to get pretty big musical names to guest star.  As I was watching it, I was thinking it vaguely resembled an updated, land locked The Love Boat.

Edited by ParadoxLost
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 7/26/2020 at 1:35 AM, Kiki777 said:

Thanks to my pandemic-induced insomnia I found this show on LOGO called ‘It’s a Living’.  I now watch while I do my morning workout on the elliptical.  It’s dated (omg the hair! the costumes!) but very funny.  It reminds me a bit of ‘The Golden Girls’ and I think there is some writer/producer overlap as I see familiar names in the credits.

Man, my memories of that show is that it was tragically bad.  Super hokey, even contemporaneously back then it seemed so.

I think the only reason anyone responded at all to it (I know it lasted several seasons) was that for SOME reason Ann Jillian became a sex symbol. I mean there was nothing wrong with her at all, but it always felt like maybe saw some similarity to Susanne Somers and Loni Anderson and that's why that happened.

On 7/25/2020 at 10:35 PM, Kiki777 said:

On 9/9/2020 at 3:25 PM, Kromm said:

Man, my memories of that show is that it was tragically bad.  Super hokey, even contemporaneously back then it seemed so.

I think the only reason anyone responded at all to it (I know it lasted several seasons) was that for SOME reason Ann Jillian became a sex symbol. I mean there was nothing wrong with her at all, but it always felt like maybe saw some similarity to Susanne Somers and Loni Anderson and that's why that happened.

I started watching the show back then because I was working my way through college waiting tables. I assume a lot of the audience for the show had/has similar restaurant experience, and enjoyed some of the setting-related issues and storylines. I enjoyed it enough to stick with it, as the front-of-house and back-of-house characters had many similarities to my co-workers, whom I found highly entertaining.

I don't think the show was popular during the first two seasons that aired on ABC, and a 1980 SAG/AFTRA strike resulted in a short (at the time) 13-episode first season didn't help. The cast also underwent multiple changes during the network run, and the title shifts didn't help either - IIRC, the first season was called It's A Living, and the second was retooled and retitled to Making A Living (with an accompanying shift in lyrics in the theme song - as seen following the first season credit in the video below.)

It was cancelled by ABC after a 14-episode season 2, but when the the show began to air in syndication in the mid-80s, it did well and was resurrected and re-retitled to the original It's A Living. It continued to do well, and lasted through the rest of the 80s, with the cast (aside from Jillian's departure) remaining fairly stable once it began airing original syndication episodes.

Edited by giovannif7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

What a fun--and potentially frustrating--topic! That It's a Living opening brings back memories.

On 4/22/2020 at 1:50 AM, Dancingjaneway said:

Another one I have never seen in reruns is The Critic with Jon Lovitz.

I haven't gotten around to rewatching it yet, but I was excited to find that The Critic is free to stream on Crackle.

The Days and Nights of Molly Dodd and Homefront have already been mentioned, but I'd also love to see Brooklyn Bridge, I'll Fly Away, and Remember WENN again. The latter was AMC's first scripted show IIRC, and was pretty low-budget but was so clever and well-made. I'm still mad that it was canceled after ending on a cliffhanger.

• Useful 3
1 hour ago, krankydoodle said:

Remember WENN again. The latter was AMC's first scripted show IIRC, and was pretty low-budget but was so clever and well-made. I'm still mad that it was canceled after ending on a cliffhanger.

I will never, ever forgive AMC for cancelling Remember WENN, or for making it available on DVD or anything. Coincidentally, I am prepping a Remember WENN alt reality fanfic type thing for Nanowrimo this year because I still adore those characters even after all this time. 

• Love 3

Even though they've just made a new TV movie for All Creatures Great and Small, I'd like to see the ORIGINAL one aired again. Yes, I know some episodes are that site that rhymes with Moo Rube but I can't help but think that a whole generation would be inspired by it (as I hope they're inspired by the new movie featuring the recently deceased Dame Diana Rigg as the hilarious and cool Mrs. Pomphrey)! 

• Love 2

Update: For all those asking about Cold Case back in 2020:  If you have HBO MAX, it is currently available for streaming there. 

I only discovered this because I was searching HBO MAX for a movie that had absolutely nothing to do with Cold Case, yet it popped up as a suggestion.  LOL

Edited by MissAlmond
  • Useful 7
  • Love 2

Has anyone seen Policewoman or, for that matter, Cagney and Lacey lately?

Policewoman turns up on Decades channel - sometimes as part of the weekend binge segment!  Cagney & Lacey are still on Start.

I haven't seen the show Hunter on the air in 10 years.

You're in luck!  It's on FOLK.  So is one of my faves of the early 90s - "The Commish".

Did anyone noticed on TJ Hooker that Hooker's family situation seemed to change by episode? One episode he has no kids. Another one he as two daughters. Another one he has a son. A different one he had three kids. Another one he has a young daughter. He was single. Then he was married. Then he was single. Another one he was divorced. 

IIRC Hooker was divorced with two daughters.  He seemed to have  a good relationship with his ex.  Then there was an episode in which they were written out and they relocated to another city.

ETA: Found F-TroopIt's on Circle.

Edited by magicdog
6 hours ago, MissAlmond said:

Update: For all those asking about Cold Case back in 2020:  If you have HBO MAX, it is currently available for streaming there. 

I only discovered this because I was searching HBO MAX for a movie that had absolutely nothing to do with Cold Case, yet it popped up as a suggestion.  LOL

It's also been on Start TV for several years

If IMDB still had the "I Need to Know Message Board," that's where I would post this question, but since that no longer exists, I could not seem to find a better place on this site to post it.

My Question: In Season 1 of American Dreams there was a scene where Meg teaches JJ to dance, or at least helps him practice dancing before going to a dance to Beth. If anyone who watched this series can give me the episode title, it would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks to anyone who can help. 

(Mods, if you want to move this post to another forum, please feel to do so).

19 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

My Question: In Season 1 of American Dreams there was a scene where Meg teaches JJ to dance, or at least helps him practice dancing before going to a dance to Beth.

According to this it's episode 4 (scroll down a bit)

• Love 1
5 hours ago, mishy said:

According to this it's episode 4 (scroll down a bit)

THANK YOU! That is the episode I was looking for. (1.4 "Pryor Knowledge") This is one of the many reasons why I love the internet and the Primetimer message boards. 

Just started really looking at my Tubi app and found the sitcom from 1976, “Family”. I didn’t even know it was first supposed to be a miniseries and when it became a regular series , the original Nancy was changed to Meredith Baxter. I don’t remember much about this show & I don’t remember the first miniseries episodes at all. But I do remember that I hated Meredith Baxter Birney‘s character, always thought the mother was quite stuck up and the father was no prize either. Wow but the first two episodes if anybody has a chance to watch how women are treated and Ate supposed to just be the maid, suck it up and stay in a marriage when the husband is a piece of shit & has cheated on you. Nancy’s husband gave her a lecture about just excepting his infidelity, she had to come back home and not take it out on him in the bedroom! It’s really puke worthy. I can’t believe how long ago 1976 was And everything about this show reminds you. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
5 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Just started really looking at my Tubi app and found the sitcom from 1976, “Family”. I didn’t even know it was first supposed to be a miniseries and when it became a regular series , the original Nancy was changed to Meredith Baxter. I don’t remember much about this show & I don’t remember the first miniseries episodes at all. But I do remember that I hated Meredith Baxter Birney‘s character, always thought the mother was quite stuck up and the father was no prize either. Wow but the first two episodes if anybody has a chance to watch how women are treated and Ate supposed to just be the maid, suck it up and stay in a marriage when the husband is a piece of shit & has cheated on you. Nancy’s husband gave her a lecture about just excepting his infidelity, she had to come back home and not take it out on him in the bedroom! It’s really puke worthy. I can’t believe how long ago 1976 was And everything about this show reminds you. 

I remember it, but it was one of the shows I wasn’t allowed to watch. Now it all makes sense! 

37 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Family wasn't a sitcom, it was an hour long drama.  It was critically acclaimed in its time for being a realistic portrayal of a typical American family.  I watched it, but it didn't seem very typical to me.  First, the family was very well off, at least upper middle class.  They had a huge old gorgeous house with a guest house large enough for their married daughter to live with her husband and child.  Of course, even today, many TV families live in homes that are far nicer than real people like them could afford.

The mother, played by Sada Thompson, was a stay at home mom who wore housedresses and pearls ala June Cleaver much of the time.  Suffice to say, that is not how my mom dressed in the 70's.

The storylines were kind of soapy, but the acting was on a higher level than most soaps.  James Broderick (Matthew's father), a well respected stage actor, played the father.

Kristy McNichol became a huge child star on the show; launching into a film career before she retired from acting due to bipolar disorder.  She was a pretty good young actress, playing the youngest child, known as Buddy, who was a tomboy and wore bib overalls most of the time.  Because it was the 70's, I don't think we ever saw a suggestion that Buddy might not be straight; TV shows just didn't have gay characters except for comedic purposes and no way the story of a teen finding herself as a gay woman would've passed muster.  This is too bad, since McNichol, aside from being a good actor, is gay herself and probably could've brought a lot to that storyline.

The middle son, played by Gary Frank was an adult who still lived at home and wanted to be a writer.  I think he had dropped out of college and wasn't gainfully employed, just sponging off the parents for much of the series and everyone seemed to think it was so great that he was such a rebel.  I remember thinking that he and his parents were fools.  I guess this was a bit of a leftover from the 60's counterculture/hippies.

There was also the obligatory dead kid, Timmy, the third child, who died tragically.  As I recall he drowned when their boat capsized while fishing.  The father grabbed the youngest, Buddy, and saved her.  So dad was guilty for not saving both of them, Buddy was guilty because she was saved and not the brother.  The older writer brother was also guilty about something or other that happened.  Remember, this was the 70's, kids didn't have safe carseats and kids didn't wear life jackets in boats.

The show did reflect its time though, there was a definite tinge of misogyny and a notion that women needed to be married and have a man to protect them.

I remember Meredith Baxter's character being downtrodden and unhappy in her marriage to John Rubenstein's character who was a lousy husband and her parents spending a lot of time convincing her to hang in there and surely he would change if she just gave him a chance before they finally all admitted he was a jerk and would never change and she divorced him.  I guess that was a 70's attitude, though, that saving a marriage was preferable to divorce, no matter what the cost.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Rhoda.  As a teenager, I watched it all the time on reruns on Nick at Nite back when it was airing with Mary Tyler Moore.   Miss this show…and now with most of the cast n longer with us, I would really like to revisit this.  😢

Messaged you 😊

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Notabug said:

Family wasn't a sitcom, it was an hour long drama.  It was critically acclaimed in its time for being a realistic portrayal of a typical American family.  I watched it, but it didn't seem very typical to me.  First, the family was very well off, at least upper middle class.  They had a huge old gorgeous house with a guest house large enough for their married daughter to live with her husband and child.  Of course, even today, many TV families live in homes that are far nicer than real people like them could afford.

The mother, played by Sada Thompson, was a stay at home mom who wore housedresses and pearls ala June Cleaver much of the time.  Suffice to say, that is not how my mom dressed in the 70's.

The storylines were kind of soapy, but the acting was on a higher level than most soaps.  James Broderick (Matthew's father), a well respected stage actor, played the father.

Kristy McNichol became a huge child star on the show; launching into a film career before she retired from acting due to bipolar disorder.  She was a pretty good young actress, playing the youngest child, known as Buddy, who was a tomboy and wore bib overalls most of the time.  Because it was the 70's, I don't think we ever saw a suggestion that Buddy might not be straight; TV shows just didn't have gay characters except for comedic purposes and no way the story of a teen finding herself as a gay woman would've passed muster.  This is too bad, since McNichol, aside from being a good actor, is gay herself and probably could've brought a lot to that storyline.

The middle son, played by Gary Frank was an adult who still lived at home and wanted to be a writer.  I think he had dropped out of college and wasn't gainfully employed, just sponging off the parents for much of the series and everyone seemed to think it was so great that he was such a rebel.  I remember thinking that he and his parents were fools.  I guess this was a bit of a leftover from the 60's counterculture/hippies.

There was also the obligatory dead kid, Timmy, the third child, who died tragically.  As I recall he drowned when their boat capsized while fishing.  The father grabbed the youngest, Buddy, and saved her.  So dad was guilty for not saving both of them, Buddy was guilty because she was saved and not the brother.  The older writer brother was also guilty about something or other that happened.  Remember, this was the 70's, kids didn't have safe carseats and kids didn't wear life jackets in boats.

The show did reflect its time though, there was a definite tinge of misogyny and a notion that women needed to be married and have a man to protect them.

I remember Meredith Baxter's character being downtrodden and unhappy in her marriage to John Rubenstein's character who was a lousy husband and her parents spending a lot of time convincing her to hang in there and surely he would change if she just gave him a chance before they finally all admitted he was a jerk and would never change and she divorced him.  I guess that was a 70's attitude, though, that saving a marriage was preferable to divorce, no matter what the cost.

Drama, yes not sitcom! Sorry

I feel the same way certainly was not typical to the way I was living.

I don’t know how much I’m going to continue watching this it’s rather depressing. And I’m at a point where I’d rather watch comedies. I didn’t get to the part about the brother who is dead. He must’ve been the fourth child because there is an older sister, Nancy. 
It is interesting to go back and watch things from decades ago and compare them to today so much has changed. 

1 hour ago, Sarahsmile416 said:

Rhoda.  As a teenager, I watched it all the time on reruns on Nick at Nite back when it was airing with Mary Tyler Moore.   Miss this show…and now with most of the cast n longer with us, I would really like to revisit this.  😢

Omg. Me too!!  I loved Rhoda. I would love to watch this again but I don’t think it’s streaming anywhere☹️
also I am hoping that  Northern exposure start streaming soon! 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

I didn’t get to the part about the brother who is dead. He must’ve been the fourth child because there is an older sister, Nancy. 

Sounds like they were just piling on the drama.  The dead child scenario reminds me of "Ordinary People", although that came out around 1980-81. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, chediavolo said:

I don’t know how much I’m going to continue watching this it’s rather depressing. And I’m at a point where I’d rather watch comedies. I didn’t get to the part about the brother who is dead. He must’ve been the fourth child because there is an older sister, Nancy. 
It is interesting to go back and watch things from decades ago and compare them to today so much has changed. 

No, the dead son was the third kid.  Nancy was oldest, then Willie, then dead Timmy and, finally, Buddy.  I clearly know way too much about this show.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, chediavolo said:

Omg. Me too!!  I loved Rhoda. I would love to watch this again but I don’t think it’s streaming anywhere☹️
also I am hoping that  Northern exposure start streaming soon! 

Me either, which is a shame! They’ll air Freaks and Geeks which ran one season but won’t touch Rhoda, which ran four?? It always drives me crazy because Rhoda was really quite impactful (the wedding episode record only beat when the final MASH aired) and of course the groundbreaking idea of having their main character get a divorce.  

• Love 3

This Washington Post overview on the changing landscape of TV streaming is wide ranging, brings up a point I hadn't thought about. As streamers cut costs by eliminating existing content, some shows might disappear altogether.

The fear of having your show or movie deleted on an executive’s whim — a growing reality for many, including Katai — is compounded by the fact that in the post-DVD digital age, viewers may never be able to access the shows again.

All we will have are memories,  an IMDB listing and maybe some YouTube clips. I imagine a warehouse like the one in Indiana Jones,  filled with servers containing content never to be see again.

• Sad 8
2 hours ago, xaxat said:

This Washington Post overview on the changing landscape of TV streaming is wide ranging, brings up a point I hadn't thought about. As streamers cut costs by eliminating existing content, some shows might disappear altogether.

All we will have are memories,  an IMDB listing and maybe some YouTube clips. I imagine a warehouse like the one in Indiana Jones,  filled with servers containing content never to be see again.

This is exactly what many film fans are worried about concerning classic movies.  Even fairly recent films can disappear, sometimes due to legal ownership issues, I imagine other times due to neglect.  Of course nothing compares to what happened to the silent era with the majority of feature films lost or otherwise destroyed or decomposed due to the flammable and unstable nitrate composition.

• Love 7

That's exactly what my big fear has always been about streaming, too. I like having physical copies of the shows I love, it's nice to have a way to watch them again anytime I want. And I hate that that's becoming less and less of a thing. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, roseha said:

Of course nothing compares to what happened to the silent era with the majority of feature films lost or otherwise destroyed or decomposed due to the flammable and unstable nitrate composition.

But wasn't that mostly of  because of unforeseen/unknowable future circumstance? (flammability of old film stock, TV, digital content etc.) The current purge is a deliberate business decision.

One interesting thing about a discussion of the corporate "disappearance" of digital information is that it is part of the reason Primetimer exists. This site is an offspring of the old Mighty Big TV/ Television Without Pity forums from the early 2000's that were taken offline after NBC purchased them. I lost over a decade of my online existence when they went offline. NBD for me, but I can't imagine what it is like for a creative whose work disappears.

2 hours ago, Zella said:

They may also still live on as pirated torrents. 

Torrents work on popularity. I don't think the kind of shows companies like Discovery are cutting are going to be available. Whose going to seed a torrent for the decades old episodes of Sesame Street that Discovery cut?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love 1
On 9/7/2022 at 1:59 PM, magicdog said:

Sounds like they were just piling on the drama.  The dead child scenario reminds me of "Ordinary People", although that came out around 1980-81. 

Not to mention,  in Family (1976-1980) that the fact that the eldest daughter Nancy named her son Timmy after her drowned brother seemed a bit of a sore spot- especially for poor Buddy who (for at least one episode) refused to call him anything but 'Kid'. Essentially, Buddy was told by everyone to suck it up and accept her nephew being named for the brother. BTW, Buddy's actual name was. .. Leticia!

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, xaxat said:

Torrents work on popularity. I don't think the kind of shows companies like Discovery are cutting are going to be available. Whose going to seed a torrent for the decades old episodes of Sesame Street that Discovery cut?

You might be surprised how much random, obscure crap (and not crap) is torrented. I've seen a lot of stuff on torrents that is hardly popular, and sometimes it is the only way to access certain things that have no DVD release and are not streaming anywhere. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

That's exactly what my big fear has always been about streaming, too. I like having physical copies of the shows I love, it's nice to have a way to watch them again anytime I want. And I hate that that's becoming less and less of a thing. 

Losing a show forever is one concern, the other is "Han shot first" 

• Useful 3

The Rewind Channel (462 for FiOS customers) is showing a wealth of shows that were popular in the '80's and '90's:

227, Becker, Caroline in the City, Dear John, Designing Women, Diff'rent Strokes, The Drew Carey Show, The Facts of Life, Family Ties, It’s a Living, Growing Pains, Head of the Class, The Hogan Family, The John Larroquette Show, Just Shoot Me!, Mad About You, Mork & Mindy, Murphy Brown, My Two Dads, NewsRadio, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Suddenly Susan, Who's the Boss?, and Wings

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 2

I wanted to add that they're airing even more shows than the ones I initially listed, but I don't remember them all.

We need a channel that will re-air all those made-for-TV movies/miniseries that were all the rage throughout the 80s and 90s.

• Like 8

I think I mentioned this in another place (referencing Swoozie Kurtz) but I would love to Sisters again.  It was being shown in the afternoons on a channel I got back in the late 90s and I loved it.  I've never come across it since.  It would be a natural for those who love to binge watch and it had George Clooney for awhile so there's that too!

Edited by Elizabeth Anne
  • Like 10
15 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

I think I mentioned this in another place (referencing Swoozie Kurtz) but I would love to Sisters again.  It was being shown in the afternoons on a channel I got back in the late 90s and I loved it.  I've never come across it since.  It would be a natural for those who love to binge watch and it had George Clooney for awhile so there's that too!

And Thirtysomething.

• Like 6
16 hours ago, Elizabeth Anne said:

Oh gosh, yes.  I would love to watch Sisters as an adult.  I still remember Ashley Judd as the daughter who joined a cult.

• Like 6
37 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Oh gosh, yes.  I would love to watch Sisters as an adult.  I still remember Ashley Judd as the daughter who joined a cult.

A few years ago I got Sisters DVDs from my library. Watched the whole series. I don't remember if Ashley was the first or second Reed.

2 hours ago, AstridM said:

And Thirtysomething.

Spoiler

I will never forget what happened to Gary. It was such a shock and I had no idea it was coming.  Nancy was in the hospital receiving treatment for cancer and it's Gary who dies.

In case someone hasn't seen Thirtysomething.

I've rewatched Ally McBeal a couple times.  I enjoyed it more when it originally aired.

• Like 4
On 2/20/2023 at 7:10 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

So would I. I loved it. And there were a few episodes that I never got to see.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, bluegirl147 said:

I don't remember if Ashley was the first or second Reed.

Second; I had to check IMDb to see who played her in season one - Kathy Wagner - and Ashley played her in seasons 2-4 and then left when her movie career took off with Ruby in Paradise.   Reed didn't appear in season five, and when she returned in the final season she was played by Noelle Parker.

I don't remember a cult, but I do remember she - in that final season, which I did not like - ran an escort service.

Add me to the list who'd love to see Sisters again.  I suspect I wouldn't enjoy it as much as I did then, but I think I'd still like it.

8 hours ago, AstridM said:

And Thirtysomething.

That one I couldn't get back into when I tried a re-watch a while back; everything that bugged me the first time around really bugged me and I decided to leave it as a pleasant memory.

• Like 3
On 2/20/2023 at 5:10 PM, Elizabeth Anne said:

I always liked Clooney's TV career better then his movies.

Edited by andromeda331
  • Like 3
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I always liked Clooney's TV career better then his movies.

I was so devastated when they killed Falconer--real nice, writers, finally making Teddy happy after years of misery only to cruelly yank it away from her in five minutes--that I actually couldn't watch ER's first season.

StartTV has added "Providence" to its lineup. Was it always this hokey? It's amazing what about TV/movies you view differently as an adult.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Dr.OO7 said:

StartTV has added "Providence" to its lineup. Was it always this hokey? It's amazing what about TV/movies you view differently as an adult.

True.  Some shows I bypass entirely for one reason or another and catch them in syndication (if they make it that far).  That's how I came to catch Chicago Fire (which runs on ION and a few other channels).  Some shows don't age well but so much depends on the era it was written (like limits for primetime viewing) and what viewers presumably wanted at the time.  

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Dr.OO7 said:

I was so devastated when they killed Falconer--real nice, writers, finally making Teddy happy after years of misery only to cruelly yank it away from her in five minutes--that I actually couldn't watch ER's first season.

I've been reluctant to admit this is the reason I've never watched ER.  I loved Teddy and Falconer and was devastated when he died.  I didn't watch Sisters much longer after that.

• Like 4