Type keyword(s) to search

The Land That Time Forgot: TV Shows That Haven't Aired In A Long Time

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, kariyaki said:

My local library has most of the entire series of Night Court on DVD to borrow.

That's actually not a bad place to try for old TV shows.

Nice!

Not in my area sadly... people don't take good care of dvd's. They are all scratched up to high heaven, as in they're unreadable. 🤦‍♂️

(edited)
6 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

@MikaelaArsenault @kariyaki @ratgirlagogo and others: 

Believe it or not, I find these DVDs in Thrift and secondhand stores for CHEAP. Besides your libraries, don’t discount looking for them at yard sales, flea markets and Goodwill. 

Yep, but a bit of a caveat:  Be careful while looking, a lot of times the discs can be scratched badly and sometimes can show signs of disc rot (meaning white residue on discs (sometimes it's dust, but if there's a ton of it there - then most likely the disc is no good)), and some have pitting on them... any ones like that are no good either. And then there are empty cases, ran into some myself. Goodwill and other thrift stores try to get away with doing it too, as in selling said empty cases.

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, kassandra8286 said:

Agree with Sisters. Also Once and Again, Millennium, and China Beach.

Every time someone mentions Once and Again, I think of Now and Again which debuted shortly after Once and Again. I got their titles confused many times.  I don't know if that show ever aired again after its first season but it was terrific.

16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Original (and the ONLY ONE that counts!) DallasTNT used to air it. Many moons ago. I miss seeing Ol' JR Ewing, the Original Magnificent Bastard! on my teevee.

*sigh* How I wish Knots Landing streamed somewhere.  I watched the whole thing back when it was on TNT (or TBS?) and it was so good, especially in a daily format. 

56 minutes ago, roseha said:

New York Public Library was participating in a great free streaming service called Kanopy, but I received an email that the NYPL dropped out of it as of July 1st.

I wish my library subscribed to Kanopy but it's quite expensive to the libraries.  For a long time, I think public libraries got somewhat of a break on it compared to academic but now it appears as if it's rising for public too.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Nice!

Not in my area sadly... people don't take good care of dvd's. They are all scratched up to high heaven, as in they're unreadable. 🤦‍♂️

I don’t borrow DVDs a whole lot from the library, but I haven’t had a problem yet with any of the ones I’ve gotten. 

14 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Something popped into my head that I haven't seen in a long time--The Paper Chase.  I wonder if that would be way too dated or if it would stand up to time.

Oh that was a good one that I used to watch and enjoy. Thx for reminding me of it.  

Earlier I mentioned other places to find DVDs. You always need to open the case and make sure that the correct title is inside and that it doesn’t look too badly damaged. Sorry for not saying that earlier. 

• Love 7
58 minutes ago, cynicat said:

Something popped into my head that I haven't seen in a long time--The Paper Chase.  I wonder if that would be way too dated or if it would stand up to time.

I liked the show a great deal,too. I'd like to think just seeing  a hard-working and intelligent  student struggle to earn a teacher's respect (AND that the student KNEW that the teacher was ultimately guiding them to a higher ground than they could have imagined even via all the angst wrought in their conflicts) would be enough to keep contemporary viewers interested instead of dissing it for not being set  in the 'Net age!  Of course, it was hard for viewers to find when it was originally broadcast on CBS then Showtime! 

• Love 4

St. Elsewhere. I know it was shown in syndication in a couple of places since it went off the air in 1988 but I haven’t seen it anywhere in ages. Would love to see it again.  

I know that most of the 'old' (pre-'ER') medical shows are dated, but I would still love to see them, including 'St. Elsewhere'.  For a while, one of my local stations showed some of the line-up on 'CoziTV', including 'Marcus Welby, MD' and 'The Bold Ones-Doctors'.  I would really like to see 'Medical Center'.  I know there are some nostalgia channels that air 'Emergency' and 'Quincy, ME', but I don't get any of them.  I want to see those, too.

Commenting on some of the other posts above, I work in an academic library for a university that has a film studies program, so I get to order a lot of DVDs.  I think they tend to last longer in our library than in the public library setting, but I have seen some that look like they were used as coasters (or Frisbees!).  I'm able to get a lot of non-mainstream films, but not as much television as I like (since the film faculty want feature films more than TV shows), but I have been able to add a few for other departments, including all seasons of 'Dr. Quinn', both the original and re-boot of 'Twin Peaks' and at least a season or two of 'Blossom', 'Northern Exposure', 'Moonlighting' and 'Mork & Mindy' (the last two were donations).  If I could justify getting some of the other TV shows, I would, but most of them have never been released on DVD, which is a shame. 

Is 'My three sons' aired anywhere?  That's one I would like to see again.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, BooksRule said:

I know that most of the 'old' (pre-'ER') medical shows are dated, but I would still love to see them, including 'St. Elsewhere'.  For a while, one of my local stations showed some of the line-up on 'CoziTV', including 'Marcus Welby, MD' and 'The Bold Ones-Doctors'.  I would really like to see 'Medical Center'.  I know there are some nostalgia channels that air 'Emergency' and 'Quincy, ME', but I don't get any of them.  I want to see those, too.

Commenting on some of the other posts above, I work in an academic library for a university that has a film studies program, so I get to order a lot of DVDs.  I think they tend to last longer in our library than in the public library setting, but I have seen some that look like they were used as coasters (or Frisbees!).  I'm able to get a lot of non-mainstream films, but not as much television as I like (since the film faculty want feature films more than TV shows), but I have been able to add a few for other departments, including all seasons of 'Dr. Quinn', both the original and re-boot of 'Twin Peaks' and at least a season or two of 'Blossom', 'Northern Exposure', 'Moonlighting' and 'Mork & Mindy' (the last two were donations).  If I could justify getting some of the other TV shows, I would, but most of them have never been released on DVD, which is a shame. 

Is 'My three sons' aired anywhere?  That's one I would like to see again.

COZI-TV just did a schedule change (I don’t think it’s on our cable system... yet... but I have the Hulu & YouTube TV apps on my phone & they carry it). Quincy, M.E. was just dropped; I think for Adam-12 reruns from 12 Noon-1PM Eastern. Those are followed by Emergency! reruns from 1-2PM Eastern.

I last saw My Three Sons on AntennaTV (which my cable provider carries). But it’s not on there now & I can’t remember how long ago it was.

MeTV, another similar channel, was added as a digital subchannel to 1 of our local channels in May. But so far our cable provider doesn’t carry it, nor has it been added to either Hulu or YouTube TV.

• Love 2
On 7/9/2019 at 9:27 AM, kathyk2 said:

I loved Falcon Crest and I haven't seen it in forever. I also miss CSI New York it used to air on TNT.

I'd love to see both of those. I got introduced to Falcon Crest when there used to be the soap opera channel they put on a few old soaps along with Ryan's Hope. But they dropped it after only a couple years. I always hoped they'd end up rerunning old soaps like Guiding Light, Another World, Santa Barbara, All My Children, One Life to Live, Days of Our Lives and General Hospital going all the way back to the beginning and seeing how it all started. It would be great to see old episodes of those soaps again and see a bunch of the early stuff I wasn't born yet for. YouTube can only help so much.

• Love 6

My mom's said the same thing about soap operas. She'd be so thrilled if she could get to see old episodes of "All My Children" again. I know she used to have VHS tapes of them at one time, but I think a lot of them got lost in moving here and there over the years or something. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/12/2019 at 12:58 AM, roseha said:

In regard to libraries, the New York Public Library was participating in a great free streaming service called Kanopy, but I received an email that the NYPL dropped out of it as of July 1st.

I deliberately hadn't even mentioned that, but yes.  I don't know about Brooklyn and Queens, but when NYPL added Kanopy, they were moving towards buying fewer physical DVDs and trying to provide as much nonprint content as possible through downloads, which they hoped to provide through Kanopy and perhaps other services.  Significantly they never added Hoopla, which I think a lot of you get through your libraries in other parts of the country.  These services charges on the number of users and the fee must be high enough that not just NYPL (Manhattan, Bronx, Staten Island) but also Brooklyn and Queens have not adopted it.  The Kanopy service gradually began to provide less content (for example, they lost all but the top 75 IIRC Criterion titles soon after contracting with NYPL (because Criterion was beginning to try to set up its own streaming service - which initially was Filmstruck, in conjunction with TCM.  That is now DOA and they're again attempting to start their own streaming service.

The whole current war between different streaming services for movies and TV will involve a lot more carnage before the new normal is established.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 1
On 7/12/2019 at 12:19 PM, aquarian1 said:

I thought of another I'd love to see again and hasn't been on in ages - Northern Exposure.  It was so good, especially the first few years (like many shows).  

IIRC, it's one of those shows with  messy music rights issues- the old DVD sets had a fair number of song substitutions- and it could be that it's hard to clear enough of those original songs to keep fans happy on some sort of reasonable budget to have the show reappear on DVD or streaming. 

• Love 4
On 7/12/2019 at 7:33 AM, kariyaki said:

I don’t borrow DVDs a whole lot from the library, but I haven’t had a problem yet with any of the ones I’ve gotten. 

You're one of the lucky ones. I don't borrow any from them anymore.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, selkie said:

IIRC, it's one of those shows with  messy music rights issues- the old DVD sets had a fair number of song substitutions- and it could be that it's hard to clear enough of those original songs to keep fans happy on some sort of reasonable budget to have the show reappear on DVD or streaming. 

Syndication usually isn’t a problem, though. If it airs on tv somewhere, the music will be intact, because syndication was negotiated from the get-go. DVD and streaming is where it goes to hell. The reason Northern Exposure et al isn’t being aired is most likely because the majority of viewers just aren’t interested in it. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Syndication usually isn’t a problem, though. If it airs on tv somewhere, the music will be intact, because syndication was negotiated from the get-go. DVD and streaming is where it goes to hell. The reason Northern Exposure et al isn’t being aired is most likely because the majority of viewers just aren’t interested in it. 

However, if it was easy to do so, it likely would have been picked up by one of the streaming services like so many other older shows have been.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, selkie said:

However, if it was easy to do so, it likely would have been picked up by one of the streaming services like so many other older shows have been.

That also comes down to demand. Because yes, they can replace the music but that also will cost money to A) find and pay for new music and B) edit it into all the episodes and if it involves DVDs, C) paying for disc production. If they don't think there's enough demand to make enough money in DVD/streaming to cover all that, then it just isn't going to happen.

The shows that are out on DVD/streaming with their music changed is because it was thought they'd be able to turn a profit. Some did, some didn't.

Despite licensing issues, WKRP shows up in syndication now and then, but Northern Exposure hasn't been on the air in years.  I'd love MeTV, AntennaTV, Decades or the like to pick it up.  It doesn't need to be on a streaming service for me.

• Love 3
Just now, aquarian1 said:

Despite licensing issues, WKRP shows up in syndication now and then, but Northern Exposure hasn't been on the air in years.  I'd love MeTV, AntennaTV, Decades or the like to pick it up.  It doesn't need to be on a streaming service for me.

Don't those networks prefer half-hour shows? A lot of the reason those shows aren't being syndicated is because of length and not music, as syndication was already part of the negotiation when they first got the rights to use it. Genre-specific networks will air some of the hour-long shows (i.e. Lifetime and Grey's Anatomy) but in general, cable networks and affiliates prefer the half-hour shows.

Decades shows plenty of hour long shows.  MeTV and AntennaTV both show some hour long shows, but you're right the majority are half hour.  But there are other networks, those were just examples.  I was mostly saying I don't need it to be streaming, I'm fine with cable or over air.  I still watch plenty of that. 

3 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

A lot of the reason those shows aren't being syndicated is because of length and not music, as syndication was already part of the negotiation when they first got the rights to use it. Genre-specific networks will air some of the hour-long shows (i.e. Lifetime and Grey's Anatomy) but in general, cable networks and affiliates prefer the half-hour shows.

Yeah, music clearance costs can be an issue in acquiring an old show for DVD release or streaming, but not in syndication, as the original licensing agreement provided for original airing, reruns, and syndication.

And syndicators prefer shows whose episodes are largely self contained, rather than those where you really need to watch them all, in order, because of multiple ongoing storylines.  Sitcoms are more likely than dramas to fit that mold, and that - not the length itself - is why half hour shows are so common in syndication.  (It's also why, among hour-long shows, procedurals are so common.)  Viewers don't tune into syndicated programming as regularly as they do first run, so a show that will leave them utterly confused - and thus changing the channel - in episode four if they skipped episodes two and three isn't going to draw anywhere near as many viewers from week to week/day to day, so syndicators tend to stay away unless it fits their niche or there's some other particular circumstance that makes buying it likely to be profitable. 

• Love 3

In pondering why any given series hasn't turned back up on TV, also remember there's a "magic number" for syndication - it used to be shows generally had to reach 100 episodes before there was a market to sell them into syndication, then it was 88; I'm not sure where it stands now.  There were always shorter series that got picked up somewhere (e.g. MTV airing the one season of My So-Called Life, because of its appeal to the network's main demographic), but it remains a common obstacle for shows that only lasted a few seasons.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Bastet said:

In pondering why any given series hasn't turned back up on TV, also remember there's a "magic number" for syndication - it used to be shows generally had to reach 100 episodes before there was a market to sell them into syndication, then it was 88; I'm not sure where it stands now. 

It's more of a guideline than a rule. You CAN sell a show into syndication at any time, but are not likely to get a good monetary return unless there are a lot of episodes in the bucket. Syndication is usually a five-day-a-week run and the networks would prefer not to be resetting to episode 1 sooner than four or five months. That's why shows like Cheers, Frasier, MASH, Friends and The Big Bang Theory end up being so popular in syndication. They ran for at least a decade and it takes forever to hit the reset button on them, even when TBS plays them in five-episode blocks.

As for why Northern Exposure doesn't air? The episodes are self-contained, so there's no problem there. I'd say it's because it's a niche-specific show that hasn't shown to have a lot of demand. Procedurals are popular, reruns of Law & Order have always done well. A show about some schmo in Alaska? Can't see a lot of people wanting to revisit it. Some do, I'm sure, but I know that I personally would not watch it if it were on. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

It's more of a guideline than a rule.  You CAN sell a show into syndication at any time, but are not likely to get a good monetary return unless there are a lot of episodes in the bucket.

That's why I said generally and noted there are and have always been exceptions, just that it's an obstacle to overcome in selling a shorter-run series into syndication.

(edited)
8 hours ago, aquarian1 said:

Decades shows plenty of hour long shows.  MeTV and AntennaTV both show some hour long shows, but you're right the majority are half hour.  But there are other networks, those were just examples.  I was mostly saying I don't need it to be streaming, I'm fine with cable or over air.  I still watch plenty of that. 

CoziTV shows a number of old hour-long shows, mostly in the police procedural/detective, medical, & mystery genre. They currently show (that I’m positive of; there might be more): Emergency!Hart to Hart; the original Tom Selleck version of Magnum, P.I.; Murder, She Wrote; the original Raymond Burr version of Ironside (NBC did a “blink & you missed it” reboot, which basically only borrowed the title, premise & lead character’s name from the original & took nothing else, like the setting or supporting characters’ names, starring Blair Underwood, a few years ago); The Rockford Files, & Little House on the Prairie. Until a week or so ago, CoziTV was showing Quincy, M.E. Right now it’s also showing Kojak & The Six Million Dollar Man. They also show 2 Adam-12 episodes, from Noon-1PM Eastern, weekdays, since that’s only a half-hour long show, even though it is a cop show. And they also show comedies like Frasier & the US version of The Office.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To fix punctuation and add some info.
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/11/2019 at 11:02 PM, Irlandesa said:

*sigh* How I wish Knots Landing streamed somewhere.  I watched the whole thing back when it was on TNT (or TBS?) and it was so good, especially in a daily format. 

Yes!!!  I would love to do a Knots Landing rewatch.  In my very first apartment of my own, only one person in my "group" at the complex had cable so every Thursday night we'd make snacks and all gather at her apartment. 

Such cheesy goodness. 

I'd love to see Any Day Now again too. I used to watch it all the time.  I always liked Annie Potts anyway and the show was just so good.  

Edited by Rescue Mama
  • Love 2

Oh, The Fugitive.  I just pulled out my Season Two DVD the other night.  For  a show that was so very popular in its day - the finale, way before the VHS or DVD era, set some kind of viewership record - it’s rather amazingly absent from any channel or streaming service.  What a great example of episodic, (mostly) black and white TV Noir, with fine guest actors/characters along the way and so well played by David Janssen and Barry Morse. I wonder if the lack of showings has anything to do with the downbeat subject matter, Dr Kimble running from the threat of execution and searching for the one armed man.  Maybe people prefer to revisit self contained stories?  Maybe the four Acts and Epilogue format is too hard to cut for syndication? But it was such an excellent show that I really think holds up and works really well in the TV format. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, roseha said:

Oh, The Fugitive.  I just pulled out my Season Two DVD the other night.  For  a show that was so very popular in its day - the finale, way before the VHS or DVD era, set some kind of viewership record - it’s rather amazingly absent from any channel or streaming service.  What a great example of episodic, (mostly) black and white TV Noir, with fine guest actors/characters along the way and so well played by David Janssen and Barry Morse. I wonder if the lack of showings has anything to do with the downbeat subject matter, Dr Kimble running from the threat of execution and searching for the one armed man.  Maybe people prefer to revisit self contained stories?  Maybe the four Acts and Epilogue format is too hard to cut for syndication? But it was such an excellent show that I really think holds up and works really well in the TV format. 

Absolutely! I hope you get the chance to check out the classic episode 'World's End' guest starring one of my personal faves Suzanne Pleshette as a woman from Mr. Kimble's past who seems to have the solution to his troubles but isn't as helpful as she'd like to believe! Oh, and I should mention that the reason why their characters' chemistry was so electric was that they TRULY were enthralled with each other and would stay friends even after they married others for the rest of his life!  Anyway, it's too bad it isn't shown very much these days.

I'd also like to nominate The Invaders ( which Miss Pleshette guests as  another femme fatale with a few twists). 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Every so often when a modern television show decides to to the entire episode in three second cuts or less, I find myself wanting to dig out some of the 'Max Hedroom' episodes where they were talking about blipverts making people's heads literally explode because they couldn't process video that jumped that quickly. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, selkie said:

Every so often when a modern television show decides to to the entire episode in three second cuts or less, I find myself wanting to dig out some of the 'Max Hedroom' episodes where they were talking about blipverts making people's heads literally explode because they couldn't process video that jumped that quickly. 

Interesting point, but then Rowan and Martin's Laugh-In ALSO had tons of super-short skits and that show ran from 1968 to 1974! Oh, and despite the fact that it showcased the talents of Goldie Hawn, Lily Tomlin, Ruth Buzzi, and the recently deceased Arte Johnson (among others), it's not been rerun that much despite it being a precursor to what I call Cuisinart edited current TV! 

Edited by Blergh
bolding
  • Love 2
On 7/14/2019 at 3:12 PM, BW Manilowe said:

CoziTV shows a number of old hour-long shows, mostly in the police procedural/detective, medical, & mystery genre. They currently show (that I’m positive of; there might be more): Emergency!Hart to Hart; the original Tom Selleck version of Magnum, P.I.; Murder, She Wrote; the original Raymond Burr version of Ironside (NBC did a “blink & you missed it” reboot, which basically only borrowed the title, premise & lead character’s name from the original & took nothing else, like the setting or supporting characters’ names, starring Blair Underwood, a few years ago); The Rockford Files, & Little House on the Prairie. Until a week or so ago, CoziTV was showing Quincy, M.E. Right now it’s also showing Kojak & The Six Million Dollar Man. They also show 2 Adam-12 episodes, from Noon-1PM Eastern, weekdays, since that’s only a half-hour long show, even though it is a cop show. And they also show comedies like Frasier & the US version of The Office.

The shows you mentioned are ones that I liked. The problem is that whenever I turn on CoziTV, it's never any of those shows. It's always an unknown (to me) police procedural or Western--I don't know know the title or recognize any of the actors on the show. 

• Love 1

I've been thinking lately about a show I used to love, What's Happening!! so I decided to google around and holy shit, it's on right now on Antenna TV. I never usually have the TV on in the daytime so I didn't know it was being shown. Heh, I'm so excited.

Edit: Benson is on now, I loved that show too. I guess I'll be taking my break from 2:30 to 3:30 from now on. 😀

• Love 6
2 hours ago, festivus said:

I've been thinking lately about a show I used to love, What's Happening!! so I decided to google around and holy shit, it's on right now on Antenna TV. I never usually have the TV on in the daytime so I didn't know it was being shown. Heh, I'm so excited.

Edit: Benson is on now, I loved that show too. I guess I'll be taking my break from 2:30 to 3:30 from now on. 😀

I LOVED that show! I especially love Dwayne's "Uh-UUUUUUHHHH!" And how how Mama would slap Dee down. She was the most obnoxious little sister. And so very realistic. And she did grow up and mature. I like that bit of realism.

But I cringed at all the purple-prosey phrases that cop's kid, who was in wuv with her would say to her. BLECH.

One of my all time favorite episodes was when the Doobie Brothers guest starred, and how Re-Run was blackmailed into recording their concert? Dude was so busy dancing and chompin' on the popcorn, that the chompin' was ALL that was recorded!🤣🤣

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

i LOVED that show! I especially love Dwayne's "Uh-UUUUUUHHHH!" And how how Mama would slap Dee down. She was the most obnoxious little sister. And so very realistic. And she did grow up and mature. I like that bit of realism.

But I cringed at all the purple-prosey phrases that cop's kid, who was in wuv with her would say to her. BLECH.

One of my all time favorite episodes was when the Doobie Brothers guest starred, and how Re-Run was blackmailed into recording their concert? Dude was so busy dancing and chompin' on the popcorn, that the chompin' was ALL that was recorded!🤣🤣

Oh that is so funny, when I was googling about the show the first thing I found was about The Doobie Brothers episode and I remembered it. 

I loved Dee and she did grow up in a realistic way from what I remember. I swear when I was watching Stranger Things I was thinking they tried to model Erica after Dee, but Erica was too over the top. Dee was much more smooth with her snark.

I'm looking forward to watching this again. I'm hoping it stays at the same time everyday.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Dr. Quinn Medicine. I think it's kind of funny that it's 20 years younger than Little House on the Prairie but it's harder to find in reruns.

Dr. Quinn is being shown on the Start network. Little House is still popular because the books are still in print and that leads them to the show.

• Love 3
On 7/12/2019 at 2:02 AM, Irlandesa said:

I think of Now and Again which debuted shortly after Once and Again. I got their titles confused many times.  I don't know if that show ever aired again after its first season but it was terrific.

Anything that gives you frequent shots of a shirtless Eric Close is.

Sadly, it was indeed just a one-season wonder.

• Love 2

Once and Again managed to make it to 3 seasons ,like the wonderful American Dreams did, which also didn't really wind up in syndication. It only got a first season DVD release, and I haven't seen it anywhere in streaming or syndication. Those music rights have to be killer.

I still think it's funny that they got around having to pay for Beatles music rights by having the Bandstand cast actually sing the song instead and downing out the actual music, so they just had to pay for the lyrics rights instead of the full music.

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 5
On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 7:47 AM, cynicat said:

I absolutely loved this show when it first came out and still consider it to be my favorite show of all time.

For years it was my most wanted on DVD show. When I heard that it was finally going to be released , I couldn't believe my luck. Despite the fact that there were no extras and the video quality was sometimes less than stellar , I didn't care........ that much. For once I didn't worry about what wasn't there but appreciated what I had. Every episode of my favorite show.

I find that it still holds up fairly well and every once in a while, watch a few episodes.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 2:02 AM, Irlandesa said:

I think of Now and Again which debuted shortly after Once and Again. I got their titles confused many times.  I don't know if that show ever aired again after its first season but it was terrific.

Happy Birthday!

• Love 1
38 minutes ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

The Golden Palace

Maybe one day, there will be a joint festival for all its fans and those fans of Life With Lucy but whether the venue has a larger space than the backseat of a VW Beetle is anyone's guess! Somehow, I don't think there's that much of a drive to bring these shows back that many consider best forgotten. Still, to each one's own! 

• Love 2