Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Hurricane Camille

• Start Topic

(edited)
24 minutes ago, nexxie said:

LVP is probably playing Camille - bonding over deaths, my ass - more like getting Camille to do her dirty work. 

Sure seems like someone whipped her up.

I’ll just quote myself - ha!

That scene with LVP and Camille after the hurricane pretty much showed what happened. Queen of Manipulation strikes again!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 10

Kind of weird so much  focus was on Camille when she wasn’t really on full househo status, just friend of. And then she goes crying to LVP when she was the one who make that snarky comment about LVP’s teeth. 

This season was a cluster. Puppy gate, the shit that went down with LVP, other stuff I can’t remember, was boring. 

I won’t miss Lisa V. I think Denise was a good addition even tho she talked too much about Charlie Sheen and sex life. 

Well, on to the way too many reunion episodes! 

• Love 14

Faux-martyrdom isn't a good look, Camille. 

Anyway, at the end of the day, I didn't really miss LVP when she exited this season. But I suspect eventually she'll try to worm her way back onto the show. It will bother her greatly that the rest of the ladies aren't begging her for her company and she'll want to find a way to prove that she's still the Queen Bee.

I ended up liking Erika more this episode than I ever have before. It feels like she has let her guard down a bit and she's a lot more interesting because of it.  Rinna, on the other hand, felt pretty fake through most of it. 

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

Dorit is a logo whore. If you've got to broadcast it that much, you're a little insecure, to say the least.

I'm convinced that Dorit is getting clothes "on loan" from designers - she somehow is convincing them to let her wear them for the show.  Again, we saw the portable clothing racks in the background in her bedroom - probably with all of the "on loan" clothes that need to be tagged, bagged and returned.

And, that outfit she wore to Kyle's - the newsprint thing was done before (I think it was Dolce and Gabbana), and worn better by Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw.

• Useful 4
  • Love 20
(edited)

Its an odd episode of BH when the two people who made the best choices were Kim and PK by avoiding Kyle's party.

So in the future, people will serve food on gigantic hoop table in bad Erika Jayne drag. And whatever that giant predator robot thing was looming around.

Erika wore a pink wig. Shoe LOVES pink wigs. That was the only contribution she made this episode.

One thing that struck me was that I hadn't missed not seeing dessicating Ken.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10
(edited)
11 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I'm convinced that Dorit is getting clothes "on loan" from designers - she somehow is convincing them to let her wear them for the show.  Again, we saw the portable clothing racks in the background in her bedroom - probably with all of the "on loan" clothes that need to be tagged, bagged and returned.

And, that outfit she wore to Kyle's - the newsprint thing was done before (I think it was Dolce and Gabbana), and worn better by Sarah Jessica Parker as Carrie Bradshaw.

Some people on Bravo also use Rent the Runway. 

11 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  The six month later lunch was a production set up.  Don't blame the women.  They were given direction as to what to talk about.  They can't just show LVP six months later at that stupid entrance she made to her garden bar in Vegas randomly. 

Camille needs a xanax.

Aww.  Bambi is depressed.

Alexia has really grown up and I'm glad to see she's starting a career she really likes.

I don't think Teddi would purposely  snub Mason.   I think there was probably some sort of misunderstanding there.

Agree with all of this. I wonder if Mason said hi, and Teddi didn’t even realize it was to her or something. This happens when there are a lot of people/noise around. Mason may have thought it was because of the issues between Teddi and her mother, but my guess is it was just a misunderstanding of some sort. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, KungFuBunny said:

Hah...shady Bravo editing.

Anyone notice the shot of the back of Camille's head showing her track mark?

Wait?  What!

Um, I'm a middle aged white lady, in a rural part of the country.  That has a heroin problem (the county, not me), so.

Track marks brings heroin addict to mind.  Which I'm pretty sure Camille isn't. 

What do you mean by track marks on the back of her head?

game of thrones hbo GIF

• LOL 12
  • Love 2

So if the 6 month brunch lovefest was pre-reunion, and we've already had a 'popup video behind the scenes' episode, the reunion itself can't be more than 15 minutes long. They've kinda painted themselves into a corner with the kumbaya/anti LVP business, as if anyone breaks from the pack (or pact?), LVP might look vindicated, BUT if they don't bring the drama they risk losing viewers. There's only so much mileage having Camille play the villain will get them before viewers find other shows.

• Love 18
29 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I don't think Teddi would purposely  snub Mason.   I think there was probably some sort of misunderstanding there.

In the flashback, the woman telling Camille what happened (not the daughter whose POV we really don't know) said that Mason approached Teddi ( after they got off the plane?) and Teddi said that she had to go to the bathroom right away.

I don't know if Camille has ever really had to go to the bathroom but when you gotta go, you gotta go.  And if you're in an unknown place, like an airport, and gotta go, pretty much all of the focus is going to be scanning the environment to find where you can go. 

I can buy Mason approached her.  I can also buy that Teddi didn't notice.  It's probably good too otherwise Camille would be tearing her down for peeing on her daughter.*

*Admittedly, that would make a great episode. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 2

Good thing the reunion show isn’t tonight - I’m gonna need a minute to transition from the lovely garden party of good vibes to the shitfest I saw on the reunion preview.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

Erika with the shorter shoulder length blonde hair, it really suits her. She came out of this episode smelling like roses lol no drama no beef no making bitches back off. How fake of Camille tho coming in ready to attack saying she’s got all this beef then hugging every bitch there smiling like is she is a completely different personality.  

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 6

It does bug when someone refers to their spouse as 'their husband' or 'their wife' when you know the spouse.  Same goes for girlfriend/boyfriend.   Men are just as guilty of doing this as women.  Yeah, I know your spouse/partner/whatever.  You can refer to them by name.

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who do this.

• Love 9
41 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

Ok.  The six month later lunch was a production set up.  Don't blame the women.  They were given direction as to what to talk about.  They can't just show LVP six months later at that stupid entrance she made to her garden bar in Vegas randomly. 

Haha complete with a banal sex pun that I'm sure she thinks is hilariously risqué 😄 

I don't like when they use human beings as props/decor for their parties.  Never have so I thought I'd mention it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 minutes ago, Door County Cherry said:

In the flashback, the woman telling Camille what happened (not the daughter whose POV we really don't know) said that Mason approached Teddi ( after they got off the plane?) and Teddi said that she had to go to the bathroom right away.

I don't know if Camille has ever really had to go to the bathroom but when you gotta go, you gotta go.  And if you're in an unknown place, like an airport, and gotta go, pretty much all of the focus is going to be scanning the environment to find where you can go. 

I can buy Mason approached her.  I can also buy that Teddi didn't notice.  It's probably good too otherwise Camille would be tearing her down for peeing on her daughter.*

*Admittedly, that would make a great episode. 

Right?! Isn’t Camille open about having IBS? From what I’ve heard, she’s probably been in those shoes many a time. You’d expect her of all people to cut Teddi some slack! 😂 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

It does bug when someone refers to their spouse as 'their husband' or 'their wife' when you know the spouse.  Same goes for girlfriend/boyfriend.   Men are just as guilty of doing this as women.  Yeah, I know your spouse/partner/whatever.  You can refer to them by name.

Unfortunately, I know a lot of people who do this.

I never even noticed it. But then I call the husband "the husband" all the time. It started on social media because at the time I was going through a court thing and was posting under a fake name and it just stuck. I even call him the husband when talking to people face to face and he calls me "the wife". 

We don't call each other by our names that often to each other or to others. I can't remember the last time the husband was all, "Hey, Prudence*!" or "So Prue and I were talking the other day and..." At most, it's "Hey, babe, can you grab me this thing?" Using our names/nicknames just feels weird. 

*Name changed for fun and because Prudence is an amazing name and should be used more often.

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

That six month later scene was so terribly staged.  What was the point, producers? It felt like they were trying to convince us that they were doing great, STILL.  They had all bonded and were happy and free (and still singing Kumbaya) since the dead weight had been discarded?  Okay, but I ain't buying it.  Haha, that's so stupid.

I didn't see it that way at all.  For me, it was an excuse to show the opening of LVP's new bar.  How can they randomly show one housewife six months later without showing the other women six months later?

• Love 12
6 minutes ago, breezy424 said:

I didn't see it that way at all.  For me, it was an excuse to show the opening of LVP's new bar.  How can they randomly show one housewife six months later without showing the other women six months later?

They could have shown all the ladies "where are they now" except they are all pretty boring and not opening a bar in Vegas. Like yes its cheesy but Cesar's really hyped LVP up.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, Shannah Banana said:

That six month later scene was so terribly staged.  What was the point, producers? It felt like they were trying to convince us that they were doing great, STILL.  They had all bonded and were happy and free (and still singing Kumbaya) since the dead weight had been discarded?  Okay, but I ain't buying it.  Haha, that's so stupid.

To me, it felt like none of these women had seen each other in the six months between the garden party and the Agency party.  I wouldn't be surprised to find out that was the truth.

They were all - "So, what's new?"  "You look great with your new hair", etc.  (But, I did love Kyle saying that Erika looked like "Mrs. Girardi"!).

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, adarea23 said:

Kyle is so full of shit! With friends like her, who needs enemies? She's loving that Lisa is gone! You can tell she feels like she's the obvious choice to wear the crown! Lunch in the garden, with her set up, desperately trying to be Vanderpump! So.fucking.obvious.

It was very reminiscent of LVP's garden parties.  Only things missing were the miniature horses, Vanderpump Rose and fancy tea service.

I will say, though, that the grounds at Kyle and Mauricio's home are stunning. No real views like LVP's, and not quite as formal, but I think I prefer Kyle's backyard - it feels more casual and homey.

• Love 8
(edited)

So, at the reunion, did they all sit on one super long couch because they all love each other so much they couldn't bear to be on opposite sides??  Usually, the couch placement pits at least one person against another on opposing couches.

I also wonder if this is going to a boring 2 or 3 episode bitchfest against LVP, because, again, they all love each so much, none will go against or argue with another, except for maybe Camille, who will probably only be on for maybe one episode?

Wasn't there a reunion several seasons ago on RHOA where it was completely boring and unrevealing because Nene wouldn't talk and none of the other women would speak against her?  

Not really looking forward to the reunion.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 20