Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
KungFuBunny

S09.E21: Hurricane Camille

Recommended Posts

"You came all the way here in this rainnn?!"

"I am contractually obligated to show up, of course I did, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Why do I keep thinking Camille's new husband is David Foster?

Kyle left a little something out of her speech..."My husband was in the clothing business, he lost his job, came home bawling. We became real estate agents, I got him a job with multi-millionaire real estate agent Rick Hilton through my sister, and he build up a client base, then he started the agency, and now he has 465 agents working for him!"

Camille, just because you lost your house and your assistant, does not mean you are not an asshole. You are still condescending and haughty. And why are you hugging Lisa Rinna after you just went off on her? And Rinna, you are no 'safe space', let's be real.

Six Months Later: Everyone has invaded my closet from the sixth grade in 1985. Except for Dorit, who invaded my closet from 1991.

When Erika was walking in Kyle's garden at her little brunch, I thought she was Dolly Parton in 9 to 5. 

Camille, Vanderpump will not stop packing to talk to you, she proved does not give a shit about filming this scene.

I do not mind Vanderpump with the crown, she has done lots of campy publicity, I think it's perfectly fine.

  • Like 10
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jjbjjbh said:

I  am so glad LVP is no longer on this show. Also happy she will not be in the reunion episodes. The last few episodes with the 6 women (not counting Camille or her weirdness and flipflopping) have been lighthearted, fun, silly. Sure, in any mixed group of girls/women(ages 7 to 90) there will be some misunderstandings, hurt feelings  and arguments at any given point in time.

But this group of six(minus Camille and LVP) seems to be able to quickly get over petty disagreements, apologize to each other and  move forward. They do seem to have a closer girlfriend-like bond. Each of them has lately at one time or another spoken about feeling closer, freer and more comfortable within this sixsome.

Not sure what it was about LVP's presence that made the uncomfortable confrontational situations drag on forever without any forseeable resolutions. Maybe it had something to do with her staunch unyielding British roots, or her inability to believe she was EVER wrong, or not being able to offer sincere apologies when warranted. LVP brought with her some sort of a baggage which I am unable to categorize and pinpoint.

I, for one, am truly enjoying this version of LVP-free RHOBH. Hope this group stays friendly for the most part and provides us viewers with tons of food, real estate and lifestyle porn without any of the  heavy duty drama that was so prevalent this season.

I agree. Los Angeles is an industry town and I care more about celebrity porn than house or lifestyle porn. I don’t care about LVP’s tacky home and clothes. I want to know about Charlie Sheen gossip, who bangs hookers, not the musings of someone who had a bit part on Baywatch Nights and is a legend in her own mind. I guess that’s why I find Rinna tolerable. At least she has actually been to the Oscars and had a legitimate acting career. I hope they do bring on Nicolette Sheridan as a replacement for LVP.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Like 10
  • Useful 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jjbjjbh said:

I  am so glad LVP is no longer on this show. Also happy she will not be in the reunion episodes. The last few episodes with the 6 women (not counting Camille or her weirdness and flipflopping) have been lighthearted, fun, silly. Sure, in any mixed group of girls/women(ages 7 to 90) there will be some misunderstandings, hurt feelings  and arguments at any given point in time.

But this group of six(minus Camille and LVP) seems to be able to quickly get over petty disagreements, apologize to each other and  move forward. They do seem to have a closer girlfriend-like bond. Each of them has lately at one time or another spoken about feeling closer, freer and more comfortable within this sixsome.

Not sure what it was about LVP's presence that made the uncomfortable confrontational situations drag on forever without any forseeable resolutions. Maybe it had something to do with her staunch unyielding British roots, or her inability to believe she was EVER wrong, or not being able to offer sincere apologies when warranted. LVP brought with her some sort of a baggage which I am unable to categorize and pinpoint.

I, for one, am truly enjoying this version of LVP-free RHOBH. Hope this group stays friendly for the most part and provides us viewers with tons of food, real estate and lifestyle porn without any of the  heavy duty drama that was so prevalent this season.

I agree with everything you have said, Though what LVP has brought with her is her narcissistic personality disorder. The traits of a person with such a disorder are: grandiose sense of self importance, lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur, needs constant praise and admiration, sense of entitlement, exploits others without guilt or shame, frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies or belittles others. IMO LVP has all of those traits, in spades. Which is why I do not enjoy her on the show and am glad she will no longer be on. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Happy Camper said:

I don't see the sweetness in this fill in the blank condolence message:

"Dear _____ - Tom and I were saddened to hear of your ________ ________'s passing, Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. Sincerest Condolences, Erika"

What is personal and sweet about that?

What would you have written, knowing you’ll be nitpicked about it? 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, outofbounds said:

I’m sorry for your loss. But it’s unfair to pin how you handled or would handle a situation on someone else and suggest they are unreasonable for expecting more.

I lost my mother in a tragic way and while I accepted any expression of condolences I was and am allowed disappointment at those who did it with minimal effort. A girl I considered my best friend and knew my mother well at one point sent me a card. A card? I mean thanks for the $3.50 and a trip to your local grocery store? 

Look loss is rough and some people don’t know how or what to say at that time. Which is fine. But if I’ve invited you into my life and home, we’ve taken vacations together and you’ve found it within your comfort level to partake in my hospitality at restaurant openings, parties or gatherings than you sure as shit should do better than a fill in the blank note. 

Handwritten....gimme a break. 

Lisa was right. They weren’t close. So publicly bitching about A HANDWRITTEN NOTE is tacky. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/12/2019 at 12:10 PM, Natalie68 said:

Kyle does have a really cute figure she just doesn't always know how to dress it.  She is tiny in stature and curvy (not fat AT ALL, she has a waist/hips/boobs) so she cannot wear the same stuff as Dorit who is taller and more svelte.  Dorit is a financial poseur but is very pretty and knows how to dress even if I don't like the styles all the time.  There were 2 TH outfits I just could not stand on her.  The hot pink number with her hair pulled back on one side (looked like a parody of prom) and her Camille cover up top in black mesh.

That black mesh number is actually repulsive in my opinion.  And seemed like she wore it constantly

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

This season was so boring because no one really had much of a storyline once LVP left. 

Teddi, the self proclaimed accountability coach cried because she saw herself as the moral compass of the group. Yawn. 

Denise got married to a well endowed man and she used to be married to Charlie Sheen. Yawn.

Rinna kept trying to make her children happen and her husband kept going camping in another country to get away from her. Yawn.

Dorit gave away a dog and managed to skirt all blame without telling us what actually happened. Yawn.

Erica got kicked in the head during the practice for a show in which she plays a slut in order to empower women. Yawn.

Kyle tried to show what a great mother she is by humiliating her 10 year old by claiming said child sleeps with her parents and humiliating her college freshman by showing a scene in which the whole family makes fun of the kid’s spending habits on national TV. You think the daughter’s friends don’t watch this? She also keeps pulling the anxiety/allergy card which is a maneuver out of Bethenny’s playbook. Yawn.

LVP always brought an organic storyline that had nothing to do with her cast mates and was positive in nature. I would have liked to have seen more about the dogs and the Las Vegas restaurant than any of the crap above.

  • Like 17

Share this post


Link to post

The fact is these other women have nothing going on in their lives. They had to import Camilles’s wedding, Kim and the Bunny and Brandi telling Denise they should become high end hookers. Without that they have no content.

Otherwise it is all clipping toenails and bratty kids giving their father the finger.

Edited by langford peel
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post
20 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Kyle left a little something out of her speech..."My husband was in the clothing business, he lost his job, came home bawling. We became real estate agents, I got him a job with multi-millionaire real estate agent Rick Hilton through my sister, and he build up a client base, then he started the agency, and now he has 465 agents working for him!"

This. I think it's wonderful when anyone has success. But she seems so clueless all the time about their lives and connections. On the show and in her book she makes herself and Mo sound like they're completely self made. Imagine how successful everyone would all be with their step ladders in the world. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, dosodog said:

If they don't want a crown, then why are they always referring to each other as Queen?

Yassss Queen!  Particularly Ericka and Mikey?  Rinna.  Yassss Queen.

I’ve seen this posted 2x on this thread so I felt the need to clarify: “YAAAAS, queen!” is a common catchphrase in certain communities. I, myself, say it often, without any allusion to anyone jostling for a crown or HBIC designation. It’s a phrase of approval or recognition, like, “Bitch, you betta WERK!”

To the poster who said Camille’s husband reminds them of David Foster — SAME.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, politichick said:

Or perhaps drinking some deliciously cold rose! This was most excellent.

If LVP were to come back, her tagline could be: “Revenge is best served like a fine rose. Cold and with a side of ‘Shut up, Rinna.’”

On 7/11/2019 at 4:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

Lucky you! They sell tape you can secure your boobies with everywhere, even Bed, Bath, & Beyond of all places. 😂

Definitely part of the “Beyond” 🤣 

You’d think that Kyle would be hip to all the beauty tips and tricks. Heck, maybe she should take some style tips from Sonja Morgan, who knows her way around a roll of beauty tape. 

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2019 at 8:38 PM, BluBrd47 said:

I agree. Los Angeles is an industry town and I care more about celebrity porn than house or lifestyle porn. I don’t care about LVP’s tacky home and clothes. I want to know about Charlie Sheen gossip, who bangs hookers, not the musings of someone who had a bit part on Baywatch Nights and is a legend in her own mind. I guess that’s why I find Rinna tolerable. At least she has actually been to the Oscars and had a legitimate acting career. I hope they do bring on Nicolette Sheridan as a replacement for LVP.

I enjoy LVP. I think her beauty, the accent, wit, her marriage, lifestyle, all of it makes for good TV. I also admire her and Ken’s business success. However I was annoyed when she repeatedly mocked Rinna’s career. Rinna has done a whole lot more than sell dusters and diapers (which she was compensated for quite handsomely). If Rinna mocked LVP for her acting career never having gotten anywhere, I don’t think LVP would have been pleased. A lot of the women have things going for them even if they aren’t the biggest hit on Bravo. Rinna wasn’t put into acting by a stage mom, she didn’t have any Hollywood connections, didn’t go to acting school as a child, not born into extreme wealth, didn’t have a much older already somewhat successful husband to work alongside with, didn’t have a sugar daddy to kickstart her career-the same could not be said for Kim, Kyle, Adrienne Maloof, LVP, Erika, etc. Rinna is a true hustler, and for her to be working in Hollywood as many years as she has is no small feat. Her stints on things Like Dancing with the Stars and Apprentice were prior to RH. I love how humble she is about her success and her gratitude to RH, but she most definitely made a name for herself as an actress. Her IMDB is far more extensive than LVP’s, who trained as a child to be an actress. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 1:11 PM, Gem 10 said:

Apparently she was a little uncomfortable, as she kept trying to not let them fall out by closing the gap every minute.

Kyle has been doing this since the first season of this show. Anytime she wears an ill-fitting 6 sizes too small strapless tube dress she's always tugging it up to keep her yams from falling out or tugging it down to keep from flashing her vagina to everyone in a 2 foot radius of her. She almost flashed her vag to the camera in her season 1 confrontation with Kim in the limo.

This happens at least 4 or 5 times a season and usually it's accompanied by the splits but luckily we were only "blessed" with those once this year at Camille's birthday party. She was drunk and not wearing underwear too. To quote Lisa V: "You're vagina was on the floor, dahling!". Disgusting.

This is another one of many examples or her complete lack of self-awareness.

Edited by DawnDavenport
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2019 at 3:56 AM, watcherwoman said:

If someone sends me a condolence card and then takes a picture of the card to prove they sent it, I'd say the card was bullshit, just like our friendship.

Erika has been very clear that she doesn't like LVP and doesn't consider them friends. To have sent a handwritten note to someone you dislike is to be commended. For LVP to have brought it up proves what a bitch she is and the need to have documentation of any interactions you have with such a shady bitch.

There is an increasing homeless population in California why should I give a fuck about saving dogs from China? There are real problems right here that someone with Lisa's money could address--Jaden Smith is a kid and he started a food truck service for the homeless. Dogs...give me a break.

Edited by Drumpf1737
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, DawnDavenport said:

Kyle has been doing this since the first season of this show. Anytime she wears an ill-fitting 6 sizes too small strapless tube dress she's always tugging it up to keep her yams from falling out or tugging it down to keep from flashing her vagina to everyone in a 2 foot radius of her. She almost flashed her vag to the camera in her season 1 confrontation with Kim in the limo.

This happens at least 4 or 5 times a season and usually it's accompanied by the splits but luckily we were only "blessed" with those once this year at Camille's birthday party. She was drunk and not wearing underwear too. To quote Lisa V: "You're vagina was on the floor, dahling!". Disgusting.

This is another one of many examples or her complete lack of self-awareness.

THAT, I never saw.  Why no underwear? Were there men there?  I’m surprised she hasn’t broken a hip or two, at that age with those splits.

Share this post


Link to post

We know that most of the cast doesn’t car about dogs. That’s why they are Doritos champions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, langford peel said:

We know that most of the cast doesn’t car about dogs. That’s why they are Doritos champions.

Actually, Kyle, Denise, Erika, Teddi and Rinna treat their pets with respect and love - letting them be dogs rather than fashion accessories, and also treasured members of their families. 

Edited by nexxie
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2019 at 9:00 PM, tvfanatic13 said:

Haven’t read everything yet, but what was different with Dorit’s face at the 6-month contrivance? 

I think she was just out of her botox update/maybe even a little plastic surgery and this ordeal got planned at the last minute.  From the front it actually looked pretty!  From the side, pur duck lips.  Embarrassing.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/11/2019 at 9:35 AM, nexxie said:

My point is that LVP is about promoting herself and getting business into her restaurants - not that some good isn’t done along the way. (The more good, the better!)

With all of these shows, I’m interested in the intentions and motivations of the women - rather than their acts, images and hairstyles. 

Wasn't there an episode of Friends where Phoebe was trying to do a selfless act but she couldn't because they all benefited her in some way?

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

There is an increasing homeless population in California why should I give a fuck about saving dogs from China?

No need to worry about the homeless. Thank Goodness for Kyle and her sisters, saving Beverly Hills bums one lipstick application at a time.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

Most of these women are dog lovers. 

It’s not mentioned on the show, but Lisa’s said she also feeds the homeless every week. 

I’m a vegetarian due to how I feel about not only dogs, but ALL animals, but I personally give back more to charities benefiting the humankind. A starving child will get to me more than anything, but there is no one who can save everybody, not even the most wealthy and powerful. I find Lisa incredibly inspiring. I will also forever admire Joanna Krupa for saving so many animals. Whether you’re donating time/money to the humankind or animals, I think you’re doing a wonderful thing and making a difference in the world. 

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

You know it was a shitastic season when all the talk revolved around a mostly absent HW and a "friend of."

Congrats to Kyle, though, for finally getting what she's been coveting since S2.

I don't normally watch/not watch an ensemble show because of one player, but I might have to reconsider that pattern with LVP gone, and that walking hemorrhoid Rinna still around. A shame, since this show has always been a consistent fave, and one of only two of the franchise that I've watched from the beginning.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

There are real problems right here that someone with Lisa's money could address--

She does - by feeding the homeless weekly at Villa Blanca, which she's been doing for many years (and since before she became a tv celeb, lest she be accused of doing it only for show purposes).

  • Like 16
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

Actually, Kyle, Denise, Erika, Teddi and Rinna treat their pets with respect and love - letting them be dogs rather than fashion accessories, and also treasured members of their families. 

Nothing says better about how much you love your dogs than leaving your gates open so your puppies can run out in traffic.

Or excusing a puppy dumping liar in service of a spurious vendetta to excuse bad behavior that can’t be their own fault because they are not self aware enough to take agency for their own actions.  

You can take issue with LVP over a lot of things but her love for animals is not one of them. 

  • Like 17
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2019 at 6:16 PM, Aim123 said:

"You came all the way here in this rainnn?!"

"I am contractually obligated to show up, of course I did, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Why do I keep thinking Camille's new husband is David Foster?

Kyle left a little something out of her speech..."My husband was in the clothing business, he lost his job, came home bawling. We became real estate agents, I got him a job with multi-millionaire real estate agent Rick Hilton through my sister, and he build up a client base, then he started the agency, and now he has 465 agents working for him!"

Camille, just because you lost your house and your assistant, does not mean you are not an asshole. You are still condescending and haughty. And why are you hugging Lisa Rinna after you just went off on her? And Rinna, you are no 'safe space', let's be real.

Six Months Later: Everyone has invaded my closet from the sixth grade in 1985. Except for Dorit, who invaded my closet from 1991.

When Erika was walking in Kyle's garden at her little brunch, I thought she was Dolly Parton in 9 to 5. 

Camille, Vanderpump will not stop packing to talk to you, she proved does not give a shit about filming this scene.

I do not mind Vanderpump with the crown, she has done lots of campy publicity, I think it's perfectly fine.

She was a little Doralee!

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

THAT, I never saw.  Why no underwear? Were there men there?  I’m surprised she hasn’t broken a hip or two, at that age with those splits.

Yes. I believe all the husband's were there (excluding Mr. Giradi) plus the other non-howive guests. There appeared to be at least 50 people in attendance so quite a few males probably saw that messy display. At least we weren't regaled with her helicopter pony tail twirl that usually precedes the splits. 

Who knows why she doesn't wear underwear? Probably because her "sexy" outfits look more like sausage casings than actual clothes so she probably doesn't want any panty/thong lines to show. She needs to learn how to dress for her body type. 

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

What really gets me about these housewives and all the housewives in general is the kissing and double kissing whenever they see each other, especially when they hate one another.  It’s so phony and time consuming.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

What really gets me about these housewives and all the housewives in general is the kissing and double kissing whenever they see each other, especially when they hate one another.  It’s so phony and time consuming.

Plus, it gets germs all over their faces. lol

  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post

The makeup is troweled on so thick germs can't penetrate.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/15/2019 at 8:40 AM, Gem 10 said:

THAT, I never saw.  Why no underwear? Were there men there?  I’m surprised she hasn’t broken a hip or two, at that age with those splits.

Hey man, I'm her age and I can do a split too with no hip trauma (and I just might right here at work because I'm bored as hell and tired of sitting at a desk!). 

Quote

There is an increasing homeless population in California why should I give a fuck about saving dogs from China? There are real problems right here that someone with Lisa's money could address--Jaden Smith is a kid and he started a food truck service for the homeless. Dogs...give me a break.

Some people are actually capable of caring about more than one thing at once. Everything is not either/or and not everyone needs to do everything in order to be charitable. I mean, I volunteer my time at an animal shelter but not a people shelter, so does that automatically mean I don't give a fuck about the homeless? I don't think it does.

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

Although I appreciate anyone who helps animals in any way they can (vegetarian lifestyle, rescuing animals, time/money in charity), I see where @Drumpf1737 is coming from. I know a lot of people who would save a dog before a human. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I will go so far as to assume that a lot of us know people who would (maybe me, who knows?)--but also know a lot of people who would do the opposite. But that doesn't matter in this particular discussion about donating money and time to charitable causes, as that's not an either/or scenario (like, say, "Who would you save from a sinking boat, a dog or a human?"). Original Poster's sentiment was basically that one shouldn't give a fuck about Issue B at all because Issue A needs attention. But we can, I hope, give fucks about more than one thing. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

^ I don’t think anyone can save everybody. You can absolutely help out both animals and humankind, but it’s hard to have more than one cause to put THAT much energy into. I think Lisa’s helped save around a thousand dogs. That’s incredible. What Jaden Smith is doing is awesome too. Lisa does feed the homeless (and maybe Jaden helps out animals?), but I don’t think either one could juggle both an animal rescue and a food truck service for the homeless. I personally have more friends who work in animal rescue, but despite me being the vegetarian (not all my animal lover friends are), my money and time are put into things for people who need help. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

I agree; my issue was the "why should I give a fuck?" notion that only one cause can be cared about at a time. 

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/13/2019 at 6:16 PM, Aim123 said:

Camille, just because you lost your house and your assistant, does not mean you are not an asshole. You are still condescending and haughty.

And I hope Bravo doesn't bring Camilleon on this franchise full time now that LVP is gone. Can't stand her fake ass. Send her down south to be on the Real HoWives of Orange County...with Tamra and Kelly.

Edited by chenoa333
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Original Poster's sentiment was basically that one shouldn't give a fuck about Issue B at all because Issue A needs attention.

That actually wasn't my sentiment. My issue is with such effusive praise for dog rescue when there are actual tent cities in LA. My dog was a rescue I get how much love a dog brings into your life, but there are actual people living in tents all over California. 
Before anyone asks; I always give up my spare room to people going through hard times--job losses, crazy divorces, etc.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Drumpf1737 said:

That actually wasn't my sentiment. My issue is with such effusive praise for dog rescue when there are actual tent cities in LA. My dog was a rescue I get how much love a dog brings into your life, but there are actual people living in tents all over California. 
Before anyone asks; I always give up my spare room to people going through hard times--job losses, crazy divorces, etc.

That is very kind of you. 🙂

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

That actually wasn't my sentiment. My issue is with such effusive praise for dog rescue when there are actual tent cities in LA. My dog was a rescue I get how much love a dog brings into your life, but there are actual people living in tents all over California. 
Before anyone asks; I always give up my spare room to people going through hard times--job losses, crazy divorces, etc.

Then I definitely wholeheartedly apologize. However, the wording "why should I give a fuck" makes it a bit murky if the sentiment is that you give a fuck but are focusing on something you feel is more dire and in need of your help. That said, good for you for being someone who does give a fuck (haha, we are being so profane in a discussion about caring and kindness!) , and not just about rescue pups but also for people who need a place to stay when shit goes down.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

That actually wasn't my sentiment. My issue is with such effusive praise for dog rescue when there are actual tent cities in LA. My dog was a rescue I get how much love a dog brings into your life, but there are actual people living in tents all over California. 
Before anyone asks; I always give up my spare room to people going through hard times--job losses, crazy divorces, etc.

Yeah, I generally agree. There are many who tend to use LVP's animal charities as some sort of shield, implying that any criticism of her treatment of other humans should be negated because of all the good work she does with animals. I just don't agree with that. I don't think she should be required to help homeless people or work with the poor or what have you, but her animal work doesn't elevate her in my eyes. It's just a thing she does to make herself feel good. More power to her because of that, but it doesn't make her a better person than the other women, in my eyes. 

Edited by eleanorofaquitaine
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Yeah, I generally agree. There are many who tend to use LVP's animal charities as some sort of shield, implying that any criticism of her treatment of other humans should be negated because of all the good work she does with animals. I just don't agree with that. I don't think she should be required to help homeless people or work with the poor or what have you, but her animal work doesn't elevate her in my eyes. It's just a thing she does to make herself feel good. More power to her because of that, but it doesn't make her a better person than the other women, in my eyes. 

I have always found LVP's crusade against Yulin to reek of imperialism.  I am not condoning the festival in any way, but I do feel that Lisa is trying to impose Western beliefs onto the people in another country where she does not even reside.  I would rather see her taking dogs and cats out of kill shelters in America and saving them before importing dogs from China.  Or see her take on PETA and their habits of kidnapping and killing pets along with operating kill shelters.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/9/2019 at 11:55 PM, njbchlover said:

They were all - "So, what's new?"  "You look great with your new hair", etc.  (But, I did love Kyle saying that Erika looked like "Mrs. Girardi"!).

Erika did look like Mrs. Girardi indeed--the plump, poorly dressed middle aged wife of an octogenarian. All that cackling and shading of LVP at Kyle's oh-so-staged garden party was not a good look on any of them. I think I'm done with these vapid bitches. They bring nothing to the table aside from the occasional house and vacation porn.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

Slowly catching up on the season...

I'm not LVP's biggest fan... but I enjoy the show with, minimal amounts of her, and without her... I think the show will do fine. I view the show for an ensemble, not for a singular entity, so I had no problem with the season.

On the issue of ganging up, it comes with the territory... it's standard for this genre... the HWs should expect, the viewers should expect it. I wasn't surprised. Doesn't matter who it was/would be... it's expected. If it wasn't LVP... it'd be someone else. What I will say though regarding that is, this season, while I actually enjoyed it, the first BH season I've enjoyed in years, the fanbase, the internet, the social media outrage over the situation soured me a bit. Put anyone else in LVPs shoes, no one would care. If LVP was leading the charge against someone, no one would bat an eyelash. Over the years we've had other HWs across the franchise with tragedies on the show and it was business as usual, we've had HWs and castmembers experience multitudes of things, and the show is business as usual. I don't get why this season someone needed deferential treatment, or kid gloves, or say it however you'd say it. The castmembers know... or should by now, the viewers know the type of show they're signed up for.  

I'm just saying, what happened to LVP this season, if the same happens to Kyle, Rinna, whoever I want to see the same level of outrage over the next gang ups. From what I recall, across the franchise, I don't recall there being this type of outrage in the past, and I think it's going to be hypocritical when viewers and stans turn a blind eye in the future.

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

I'm just saying, what happened to LVP this season, if the same happens to Kyle, Rinna, whoever I want to see the same level of outrage over the next gang ups. From what I recall, across the franchise, I don't recall there being this type of outrage in the past, and I think it's going to be hypocritical when viewers and stans turn a blind eye in the future.

I, for one, will jump for joy if this happens. 

  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I, for one, will jump for joy if this happens. 

Can you explain that for me please? 

I'm not stanning anyone currently in any of these Housewives franchises.

Knowing the somewhat lowbrow entertainment that comes along with this franchise, and it's an addiction for me, but I don't get the for outrage one, jumping for joy for everyone else. 

I hope you don't take it like I'm coming after you.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, CyberJawa1986 said:

Can you explain that for me please? 

I'm not stanning anyone currently in any of these Housewives franchises.

Knowing the somewhat lowbrow entertainment that comes along with this franchise, and it's an addiction for me, but I don't get the for outrage one, jumping for joy for everyone else. 

I hope you don't take it like I'm coming after you.

I felt that Kyle and Rinna were unnecessarily nasty to LVP these past few seasons. To me, it would be them being on the receiving end of what they've been dishing out. I know many here love Kyle and/or think Rinna is hilarious, or that LVP deserved how she was treated. I am at the other end of the pool. jmo.

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post

I would also jump for joy.  

I like LVP.  Flaws and all.  But what the group did and what they prioritized as heinous this season is bullshit.

From my perspective, selling out people to magazines is wrong.  Had this been proved conclusively, the outrage would not be as strong.  Also Teddi's texts and her lame ass finger pointing.  Because I really have a hard time believing the self proclaimed control freak, didn't call LVP for details, but just relied on some guy she's now saying she barely knew.

But what's worse, to me, than selling out a story, is allowing a person who was completely irresponsible towards taking care of an animal, she willingly brought to her home, to play the victim.

The women have not once held Dorit responsible for her actions.  She overestimated the time and patience involved with training a puppy and just handed it over to a basic stranger.

Now. I could understand this during the filming. But they have doubled down and continued to allow Dorit to be a victim. Even though they've seen the stories, out of Dorit's own mouth, change constantly. 

So if I watch next season and any of these women get taken down? 

happy season 5 GIF
 
hell yeah dancing GIF
 
bernie mac praise GIF
 
  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/16/2019 at 9:33 PM, Drumpf1737 said:

That actually wasn't my sentiment. My issue is with such effusive praise for dog rescue when there are actual tent cities in LA. My dog was a rescue I get how much love a dog brings into your life, but there are actual people living in tents all over California. 
Before anyone asks; I always give up my spare room to people going through hard times--job losses, crazy divorces, etc.

Wow...you really are what humanity is all about💞

I don't know about other geographical locations but in southern California where the climate is very comfortable year round, I'm ok with the homeless owning dogs. As long as the dogs are vaccinated, well fed etc.the outdoors in So. Cal is a great environment. And as we all know, pets provide people with security, love and companionship especially for the homeless or people who have no family. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 3:35 AM, Shannah Banana said:

Kyle inevitably wears something to big events that she has to yank, tug, jerk, and pull on, all night long.  WTF.

Aw bless her, it's probably nerves.  Like a smoker always needs something in their hands.  Kyle has never hidden the fact that she has anxiety or panic attacks.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2019 at 9:07 AM, dosodog said:

I've never been to Vegas and just assuming here.......

Would you really need to transplant chucklefucks to Vegas?  It just seems the area would be a beacon for chucklefucks. 

style freaking GIF
 

Never seen it so succinctly put.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2019 at 12:54 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I don't think anyone on this show wants to be top dog except for Kyle.

Everyone else (Erika, Rinna, Denise, even Dorit) would just be happy with a diamond, salary, and the opportunity to advertise their wares for free on the show.

Camille is absolutely DESPERATE for a diamond - she is gagging for it. I've started to believe what Kelsey said years ago - that Camille has always wanted the spotlight and wanted to be "a star". She never made it in the business but was semi placated when Kelsey created a production company and gave her a "title". What ever happened to her tennis boy toy Nick?

Was that the "best friend" super good looking married guy she played tennis with in Seasons 1 and 2?  I thought it was a major reason she almost instantly became most hated HW.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×