Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E21: Hurricane Camille

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Kyle is just so in love with her boobs.  Isn’t she a little too old for that red dress?  I mean really.

I don't think she is too old for the dress but I didn't like the style of the dress.  To ME, it was too much having the plunging neckline AND the weird bottom.  It needed to pick one focal point.  It also seemed to be wearing her.

• Love 14
(edited)
17 hours ago, tranquilidade said:

Good point.  Some people have rats as pets.  I thought of that afterwards. 

And they make quite lovely pets!

Edited by Natalie68
  • LOL 1
  • Love 6
15 hours ago, lamujerdecente said:

This is so spot on. She’s no Joan Collins who I personally have on my alter of bad bitches. Fierce. I have always apathetic on Lisa. And I never like her style, it Ages her

It really does.  She needs to let someone give her a head to toe makeover.  She is beautiful but the look really needs to be updated.  

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I don't think she is too old for the dress but I didn't like the style of the dress.  To ME, it was too much having the plunging neckline AND the weird bottom.  It needed to pick one focal point.  It also seemed to be wearing her.

I agree.  I suscribe to the fashion rule that you should pick one area to accent or show skin.  That dress had both a plunging neckline and a high slit a style very few people could ever pull off.  Erica had a plunging neckline on her jumpsuit and it looked soo much better because it was balanced.  Also Erica had it taped correctly so she did not have to constantly readjust, or maybe implants behave better than natural.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Agreed. I lost my dad when I was 18. Anyone who expressed any sympathy whatsoever, even in the form of a stumbling "I am so sorry" got credit in my book. Critiquing the way someone offers condolences is not a thing that most normal people do.  Erika sent a note - she didn't need to do more than that. 

I’m sorry for your loss. But it’s unfair to pin how you handled or would handle a situation on someone else and suggest they are unreasonable for expecting more.

I lost my mother in a tragic way and while I accepted any expression of condolences I was and am allowed disappointment at those who did it with minimal effort. A girl I considered my best friend and knew my mother well at one point sent me a card. A card? I mean thanks for the $3.50 and a trip to your local grocery store? 

Look loss is rough and some people don’t know how or what to say at that time. Which is fine. But if I’ve invited you into my life and home, we’ve taken vacations together and you’ve found it within your comfort level to partake in my hospitality at restaurant openings, parties or gatherings than you sure as shit should do better than a fill in the blank note. 

Handwritten....gimme a break. 

• Love 10
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Kyle does have a really cute figure she just doesn't always know how to dress it.  She is tiny in stature and curvy (not fat AT ALL, she has a waist/hips/boobs) so she cannot wear the same stuff as Dorit who is taller and more svelte.  Dorit is a financial poseur but is very pretty and knows how to dress even if I don't like the styles all the time.  There were 2 TH outfits I just could not stand on her.  The hot pink number with her hair pulled back on one side (looked like a parody of prom) and her Camille cover up top in black mesh.

I think Kyle has always been self conscious because of growing up with two naturally skinnier sisters and always being curvier, and then on Housewives a lot of the women are so tiny. She can’t seem to escape being surrounded by women who are thinner than her. I think it’s such a shame someone as beautifully built as her feels so uncomfortable all the time. It is nice to see she has gotten more body confident lately, with the red dress and the bunny costume. And then she’s talking about her boobs as if she just went through puberty and developed them. 😂 It’s like she suddenly realized she’a not fat, and women pay big bucks and go through painful surgery in order to get curves like hers, so she went from Mrs. Roper to a Kardashian. Maybe next season her style will be something more in between!

Dorit does pull off the different looks she has very well. Her body is definitely easy to dress, and you can tell she really loves fashion. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, watcherwoman said:

If someone sends me a condolence card and then takes a picture of the card to prove they sent it, I'd say the card was bullshit, just like our friendship.

Or it shows that Erika is insightful enough to know that LVP might stoop to the public shaming tactic she used - and smart enough to protect herself.

• Love 15

Who on this board could tell me which one of the BH Housewives is the most nice, sincere, truthful, classy and likable person?  I’m really curious as I haven’t watched from the beginning.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

No, if someone sends me a condolence card and takes the picture, they are not my friend. Just don't send the damn card if you want to prove a point or make it a big deal on social media.   Erika had no sympathy, but she was trying to prove a point.

• Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Having lost both of my parents and having received numerous cards, when people took the time to hand write condolences similar to what Erika wrote I was very touched.  But then again, I am not a narcissist and was actually appreciative when others reached out, in whatever manner was comfortable for them. 

To be fair to the poster's point, you said Erika's note was unique - they were pointing out that it wasn't unique...because it wasn't. But I would also argue that that's okay. I think it was a sweet gesture - any gesture that includes someone taking a moment to acknowlege your feelings and be thinking of you is a sweet gesture to me.

That said, I think people are projecting too much on this situation and mischaracterizing it. While I do think that LVP shouldn't have brought it up, especially in front of the women, she contextualized her comment by pointing out that she had thought that she and Erika had reached a friendship with one another and so the note seemed impersonal. If your friend suffered loss and you aren't comfortable with picking up the phone and calling that friend, then you probably aren't all that close of friends and that was part of the point LVP was making. Part of friendships is extending ourselves to those we care about in their time of need. You put their comfort above your own. Maybe LVP's hurt was because she felt Erika didn't do enough...or maybe it was a realization that maybe she doesn't have the relationship she thought she had with Erika. Our bias about LVP will likely determine which way we look at it, in the end, we're all making assumptions because I know for certain that some of the way people are characterizing are not any words that actually came out of LVP's mouth. In the end though, LVP wasn't wrong about misreading her relationship with Erika. She was quick to call her the dark cloud that made its exit as soon as she left this season. 

And I just want to point out the irony of some people going out of their way to make the point that handwritten gestures are the sweetest. I came across one comment that said handwritten notes were the most personal and that it was nice to go back and be able to read the notes and be reminded of the people in your life that were there for you. Does it then make it fair for me to assume that that person was not at all thankful for the phone calls they received, the flowers that came to their door or their visitors who came with food in hand...all because none of those things left behind tangible evidence of it ever happening? That would be ridiculous to assume just as it is to assume that a person saying 'I thought we were good enough friends that you would have called me' is equivalent to 'your note was meaningless and hollow and a waste of my time'.

If you have a shoebox of condolence notes and it warms your heart to have that then be thankful that you have people in your life that know YOU well enough to provide the kind of support that in the long run, has been a huge benefit to your grieving process. Not everyone is the same and has the same needs. I come from an immigrant family. If I sent a handwritten note, gauranteed all of the old folk in my family wouldn't be able to keep my name out of their mouth. For family and good friends, you show up to their door everyday for at least a week and between all of those who show up, food, drinks and cutlery...it all comes into that house so that that grieving family doesn't lift a finger. People have different experiences that shape expectations and what they consider appropriate behaviour/responses to what happens around them. When we differ, sometimes it's really just because we're different. Good relationshps will surive that learning curve. Clearly LVP and Erika weren't one of those good relationsihps.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Useful 1
  • Love 15
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Who on this board could tell me which one of the BH Housewives is the most nice, sincere, truthful, classy and likable person?  I’m really curious as I haven’t watched from the beginning.

I can't remember all of them but I really liked Joyce. She stood up for herself, she was honest without being mean, she wasn't instigating drama for the sake of it and I thought she was quite patient but also fiesty when she needed to be. For all the reasons that I really liked her, it's probably all the reasons why she didn't last more than one season, lol. Maybe if she was willing to play the game and stick around longer, that shine would have worn off so perhaps having only one season under her belt is the only reason I'm able to remember her fondly.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, outofbounds said:

I’m sorry for your loss. But it’s unfair to pin how you handled or would handle a situation on someone else and suggest they are unreasonable for expecting more.

I lost my mother in a tragic way and while I accepted any expression of condolences I was and am allowed disappointment at those who did it with minimal effort. A girl I considered my best friend and knew my mother well at one point sent me a card. A card? I mean thanks for the $3.50 and a trip to your local grocery store? 

Look loss is rough and some people don’t know how or what to say at that time. Which is fine. But if I’ve invited you into my life and home, we’ve taken vacations together and you’ve found it within your comfort level to partake in my hospitality at restaurant openings, parties or gatherings than you sure as shit should do better than a fill in the blank note. 

Sure, it is true, everyone grieves differently. But you are essentially doing the same thing - judging based on your own experience. (Which is not uncommon for anyone to do). 

Your best friend's inability to be more thoughtful isn't the same situation that LVP and Erika are in. LVP and Erika are barely friends - they are more like coworkers and they are coworkers who don't really get along all that much.  Yes, sure, Erika has been in Lisa's home and "taken vacations together" but only because they are required to because of their job. They aren't really friends, and I think it is little strange to judge Erika for acting entirely appropriately about LVP's loss. 

If LVP had complained about Kyle's manner re her loss, then fine, okay, I get it. They were actually friends outside of the show. But LVP and Erika? No, IMO, that doesn't make much sense.  LVP feels the way she feels, so I am not going to tell her she's "wrong," but I am going to say I find it strange and not a particularly normal reaction.

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I can't remember all of them but I really liked Joyce. She stood up for herself, she was honest without being mean, she wasn't instigating drama for the sake of it and I thought she was quite patient but also fiesty when she needed to be. For all the reasons that I really liked her, it's probably all the reasons why she didn't last more than one season, lol. Maybe if she was willing to play the game and stick around longer, that shine would have worn off so perhaps having only one season under her belt is the only reason I'm able to remember her fondly.

Another Joyce fan here. She was the one that got away. 

• Love 11
32 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Another Joyce fan here. She was the one that got away. 

Me too. I loved Joyce. I think it is very telling that she is the only HW that LVP still speaks with (I think). 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If Kyle wants to wear sexy clothes she needs to take Rinna's advice and "Own it!!!"

1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

If someone sends me a condolence card and then takes a picture of the card to prove they sent it, I'd say the card was bullshit, just like our friendship.

If someone had already publicly shamed me once for improperly condoling her, I would take a picture of my next condolence too, and keep it in a safe place for the next public shaming.  Totally Team Erika on this one.  I don't really care how LVP felt or what she meant; say it in private or (preferably) don't say it at all.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

To be fair to the poster's point, you said Erika's note was unique - they were pointing out that it wasn't unique...because it wasn't. But I would also argue that that's okay. I think it was a sweet gesture - any gesture that includes someone taking a moment to acknowlege your feelings and be thinking of you is a sweet gesture to me.

That said, I think people are projecting too much on this situation and mischaracterizing it. While I do think that LVP shouldn't have brought it up, especially in front of the women, she contextualized her comment by pointing out that she had thought that she and Erika had reached a friendship with one another and so the note seemed impersonal. If your friend suffered loss and you aren't comfortable with picking up the phone and calling that friend, then you probably aren't all that close of friends and that was part of the point LVP was making. Part of friendships is extending ourselves to those we care about in their time of need. You put their comfort above your own. Maybe LVP's hurt was because she felt Erika didn't do enough...or maybe it was a realization that maybe she doesn't have the relationship she thought she had with Erika. Our bias about LVP will likely determine which way we look at it, in the end, we're all making assumptions because I know for certain that some of the way people are characterizing are not any words that actually came out of LVP's mouth. In the end though, LVP wasn't wrong about misreading her relationship with Erika. She was quick to call her the dark cloud that made its exit as soon as she left this season. 

And I just want to point out the irony of some people going out of their way to make the point that handwritten gestures are the sweetest. I came across one comment that said handwritten notes were the most personal and that it was nice to go back and be able to read the notes and be reminded of the people in your life that were there for you. Does it then make it fair for me to assume that that person was not at all thankful for the phone calls they received, the flowers that came to their door or their visitors who came with food in hand...all because none of those things left behind tangible evidence of it ever happening? That would be ridiculous to assume just as it is to assume that a person saying 'I thought we were good enough friends that you would have called me' is equivalent to 'your note was meaningless and hollow and a waste of my time'.

If you have a shoebox of condolence notes and it warms your heart to have that then be thankful that you have people in your life that know YOU well enough to provide the kind of support that in the long run, has been a huge benefit to your grieving process. Not everyone is the same and has the same needs. I come from an immigrant family. If I sent a handwritten note, gauranteed all of the old folk in my family wouldn't be able to keep my name out of their mouth. For family and good friends, you show up to their door everyday for at least a week and between all of those who show up, food, drinks and cutlery...it all comes into that house so that that grieving family doesn't lift a finger. People have different experiences that shape expectations and what they consider appropriate behaviour/responses to what happens around them. When we differ, sometimes it's really just because we're different. Good relationshps will surive that learning curve. Clearly LVP and Erika weren't one of those good relationsihps.

I never said that Erika's note was unique. I pointed out that it was a handwritten note. Another poster then said that the note was basic. Yet another poster said that wasn't basic and that she was impressed that Erika took the time to send a handwritten note as no one does that these days. I agreed and said that not only was the note not basic, it was very sweet. My opinion. 

I am also one of the posters who said that I still have the cards sent by friends when each of my parents died, but don't remember all the people who called. I didn't once say that I didn't appreciate those calls, or the food and flowers dropped off, etc. I said at least twice that I appreciated any gesture made, in whatever form that person was comfortable with making it. Simple.

As a poster above pointed out, and I agree with, Erika and LVP were work friends. Nothing more.  Erika's gesture was totally appropriate IMO. 

• Love 4
On 7/10/2019 at 8:17 AM, FancyNancy said:

I’m sure she’ll have that victim card out at the reunion too. I do wish LVP would be there just to respond to the things Camille said. Hopefully she’ll write in something to let her know she ain’t shit lol. 

On 7/10/2019 at 9:09 AM, KungFuBunny said:

In this scene with LVP and Camille in LVP's Vegas suite - I felt bad for LVP.

LVP thought she had an ally and is totally clueless to comments Camille made about her. I highly doubt LVP would have filmed with Camille if she had known.

This Vegas spot is going to tank within the year. She won't be able to get a show tie in for publicity and who would watch Vegas VPR? At least with the LA businesses she has the chucklefucks making appearances to draw in the crowds. Who is going to move to Vegas - Grumpy Cat and Max - LOL?

I could see Schena going because she already had a the play, or whatever it was, there and she stays going to Vegas. Actually, I could see them all making appearances because they all love going to Vegas. What else do they have to do anyway lol

On 7/10/2019 at 9:12 AM, QuinnM said:

I was so tired of LVP's puppet complex.  Everyone around her was meant to follow the company line.  Won't miss her at all.  And it's important to note that she is all by herself.  No one came to her defense.  Goodbye and good riddance.  I will not miss her at all.

season after season it was the same thing with her.  She would artfully wet people against each other and then get the vapors if the mirror was turned on her.

I agree! 

1 hour ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Sure, it is true, everyone grieves differently. But you are essentially doing the same thing - judging based on your own experience. (Which is not uncommon for anyone to do). 

Your best friend's inability to be more thoughtful isn't the same situation that LVP and Erika are in. LVP and Erika are barely friends - they are more like coworkers and they are coworkers who don't really get along all that much.  Yes, sure, Erika has been in Lisa's home and "taken vacations together" but only because they are required to because of their job. They aren't really friends, and I think it is little strange to judge Erika for acting entirely appropriately about LVP's loss. 

If LVP had complained about Kyle's manner re her loss, then fine, okay, I get it. They were actually friends outside of the show. But LVP and Erika? No, IMO, that doesn't make much sense.  LVP feels the way she feels, so I am not going to tell her she's "wrong," but I am going to say I find it strange and not a particularly normal reaction.

The big point that I see being glossed over is that Erika was being two-faced with Vanderpump her entire time on the show. She may have constantly talked shit about LVP, but she always pretended to be fine with her and pretended that she was getting to know her and becoming friends with her. Remember in her first season, Erika was very upset that Katherine told LVP what Erika said about her being a spider and a sniper. She was upset because she claimed that she wanted to get to know LVP on her own terms and now Katherine had ruined that for her. And even after all of that, LVP didn't take offense, Then we have the footage that only ever showed up on the bravo site rather than the show that showed Erika and LVP getting along like peanut butter and jelly.

It's like if you went back to Gretchen's first season on OC. Tamra HATED her, but if you were just watching fro Gretchen's perspective, you would think that Tamra was going all out to be her friend. Gretchen didn't see the shit Tamra was spewing when she wasn't around and when she was around Tamra was pretending to be a caring friend. Let's not forget Tamra told Gretchen she should come to Simon's tequila party because she really needed a break from taking care of her fiance - when all along, Tamra's goal was to embarrass Gretchen on national television. 

So, if we only go by what was shown on RHBH, it makes sense to say why would LVP expect something more heartfelt from Erika? But if we take Erika's behavior AROUND LVP into consideration, it makes perfect sense that LVP thought they had become closer than simple coworkers. 

But even if we ignore the two-faced nature of Erika, the simple fact is that LVP never insulted, berated, or crapped on Erika's condolences. She was put on the spot by Rinna and said she thought they were closer. Erika blew things out of proportion, and LVP sincerely apologized. It was actually the most sincere apology any of these women have ever given to one another. Also the fact that Erika took a photo as proof shows that she was still being two-faced and had no real empathy for LVP's loss. It was just more of the image-conscious bullshit of the variety that they constantly accuse LVP of. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I never said that Erika's note was unique. I pointed out that it was a handwritten note. Another poster then said that the note was basic. Yet another poster said that wasn't basic and that she was impressed that Erika took the time to send a handwritten note as no one does that these days. I agreed and said that not only was the note not basic, it was very sweet. My opinion. 

I am also one of the posters who said that I still have the cards sent by friends when each of my parents died, but don't remember all the people who called. I didn't once say that I didn't appreciate those calls, or the food and flowers dropped off, etc. I said at least twice that I appreciated any gesture made, in whatever form that person was comfortable with making it. Simple.

As a poster above pointed out, and I agree with, Erika and LVP were work friends. Nothing more.  Erika's gesture was totally appropriate IMO. 

I apologize for misquoting you but based on your clarification, I would still stand by the point that the note was basic in its sentiment and as I said, there's nothing wrong with that...it also doesn't make it any less sweet of a gesture. It's fine if you think it was a not basic note, I just want to be clear that just because I said the note was not unique doesn't mean that it can't be thoughtful or sweet. I happen to think both those things can and are true.

To the bolded, I didn't accuse you of not appreciating those things - I don't even remember who had said it so I can't even be certain it was you as I read the sentiment a few times when scrolling through. My point being, from the comments stressing the thoughtfulness of the handwritten notes, it took focus away from other gestures LEAVING THE IMPRESSION that one was more well received than the other. I'm sure it was all appreciated but it came across as one gesture being more appreciated or thoughtful than the others. The irony being that it comes across as exactly what LVP did. She never said she never appreciated the note, but she made clear that she found another method more meaningful given where she and Erika were in their relationship. Erika and LVP are were work friends and Erika did what a work friend would do...it seems convenient to ignore the part where LVP pointed out that she thought her and Erika had become more than that and had started a real friendship.

The crux of the issue as it was raised in that conversation wasn't that Erika's gesture wasn't appreciated or inappropriate, it was that both women saw each other's relationship to one another in different ways. LVP thought she and Erika had grown closer and so her expectation was more than what a co-worker would offer. Erika saw their relationship as being 'able to have a good time but I still don't trust you and you're still just a co-worker' and she responded as a co-worker would. Not every situation has to have a good guy and bad guy. I see it from both their perspectives and I think both their feelings and expectations were valid but I put more onus on LVP for how she handled the situation.

• Love 6
On 7/9/2019 at 7:35 PM, Shannah Banana said:

Kyle inevitably wears something to big events that she has to yank, tug, jerk, and pull on, all night long.  WTF.

Yes - something that looks too big on her.  She has an adorable figure and oodles of money to spend, why is it she always looks like a half-made bed? 

But since Kyle insists on acting as her own stylist, she needs to learn the rules of dressing a petite frame, resign herself to choosing only from petite fashion producers and not go too trendy.  

• Love 6
4 hours ago, eleanorofaquitaine said:

Not really.  Erika showed up to her house for parties, showed up to her restaurants for openings, invited her to shows, hung out with her on a regular basis and partook in Lisa's hospitality on numerous occasions.  I don't characterize that as "barely friends" and it's clear - based on LVP's irritation - that she didn't think they were barely friends either.  

Also, telling someone their minimal effort wasn't enough isn't "complaining".  That makes it sound like she asked for a manager at the grocery store because they were out of bread.  

LVP thought they were better friends.  She expressed that she was disappointed in the minimal effort Erika made in her condolences and instead of hearing that and explaining she was at a loss for words, didn't know what to say, had a hard time finding the right line between condescending and truly sorry....Erika snidely told her she was sorry she felt that way - which let's be honest - is a slap in the face when you're already upset.  

Erika's talking head at the time this was going on left much to be desired as far as her "The note was heartfelt and I meant it" argument.  She came off as a rude and unsympathetic.  Which she was.  So spare me the "OH Erika's note was so nice and heartfelt and she really, really meant it." when two seconds after the scene was aired there's her talking head making snide remarks about the situation.

And just so we're clear...if any of my coworkers sent me a card after I lost my mother, I would've been disappointed as well.  I never said anything to the people who disappointed me with their lack of empathy towards my situation when she died but let's put it this way - I remember it.

I'll also need you to show me the passage written in the book where it tells us all how we're supposed to act when we experience loss.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, outofbounds said:

LVP thought they were better friends.  She expressed that she was disappointed in the minimal effort Erika made in her condolences and instead of hearing that and explaining she was at a loss for words, didn't know what to say, had a hard time finding the right line between condescending and truly sorry....Erika snidely told her she was sorry she felt that way - which let's be honest - is a slap in the face when you're already upset.  

Taking this to the LVP thread to avoid going to far off topic.

(edited)
On 7/10/2019 at 11:41 AM, nexxie said:

LVP actually gets off on saying something hurtful and watching someone’s face crumble - as when she brought up Eileen’s beginnings with her husband, and when she brought up other women in front of Portia. She exhibits quite a few npd characteristics, but what always catches my attention is when narcississtic people also use npd strategies and tactics (my “pink purse” post on her thread lists some of them). LVP would probably never allow a diagnosis, so we’ll never know - but imo she plays games with people’s emotions, and hurts them intentionally.

(snip for space)

Right on target, Nexxie.  It's not hard to recognize LVP's sadistic tendencies once you know that's what they are. 

During that first season I found it a little disturbing, the scene with Cedric where for some reason he was standing outside a convertible LVP was driving.  LVP told him to get in and pretended to stop, but then would dart just far enough ahead to make it impossible for Cedric to catch up.  She did it several times before I cued in on the perverse pleasure she was getting out of it all.

At first I enjoyed her clever, witty side but after the first couple of seasons I realized that she got off on hurting people with her "humour" and actually worked to set things up to enable a quick shiv to the ribs of someone she was miffed with (usually Kyle, her supposed BFF), I didn't enjoy her anymore.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 10
On 7/10/2019 at 4:55 PM, AUJulia said:

I agree that she didn’t berate Erika. But she criticized her for writing a condolence note and not calling. IMO that criticism was unwarranted and intended to embarrass Erika. Not cool. (I just lost five family members in a one-year period and I cannot fathom publicly criticizing anyone for writing me a note. Grieving people don’t all want the same thing and what Erika did was decent and well-intentioned and she didn’t deserve to be slammed for it.)

Damn right!  How twisted does someone have to be to find fault with someone who sent their condolences -- however they decided to send them?  In fact, I'm wondering why in hell Lisa didn't simply say "I received your kind note, Erica - thank you so much".

• Love 10
On 7/10/2019 at 7:34 PM, AUJulia said:

Same here, notes I’ve kept and calls I’ve forgotten and all. The thing about a call is it can be great timing or bad timing and the caller doesn’t know in advance. Arguably a note is a more sensitive way to reach out. Some notes I responded to with a call. Just depends. 

ETA: I’ve been criticized for writing a personal note on my monogrammed stationery instead of buying a Hallmark Card “because it looked cheap.” 😏

I don't think Lisa had any real desire for a phone call from Erica ("oh. I thought we were closer than that, sniff"). 

I think what she really wanted was to throw a dig at Erica implying she's adding to LVP's grief.  But Erica, knowing LVP is that kind of bitch, came prepared by bringing a copy of the letter.  LVP couldn't accuse Erica of having ignored her loss, so she did the next best thing by criticizing the delivery as too little.

• Love 6

Erika didn't send LVP a condolence card.  She didn't spend $3.50 on a card from the store.  Hey.  Can you even buy a card for $3.50?  She sent her a hand written note.  It took more effort for Erika to write that card, put a stamp on it and mailed than it would take her to pick up the phone and order flowers.

Shame on LVP to even bring it up.  I don't blame Erika for taking a photo of the note.  She knows how LVP can be. 

• Love 11
On 7/10/2019 at 1:10 PM, SweetieDarling said:

The bottom half looked just as bad:

lookbook-kyle-richards-amas-01_0.jpg?ito

Kyle is 5'2" and should have shopped in Petite or had this altered. The drop waist does nothing for her - especially with all that WTF going on below the waist.

The sleeves look too long because of the saggy waist. If the waistline was properly placed the sleeves would be hip, slick and cool.  

No one has pretty knees - and especially not when the knees are 50 years old, on stumpy legs. 

This would look so much better - not good, but better - on Rinna or Erika, who are 5'7" or Camille, who is 5'6".

But no matter the height, who the hell wants to have a big-ass First Place velvet ribbon (that looks like it came untied) hanging off their belly all night and schlepping between their legs when they walk? Just, no. 

For sure she has full-length mirrors - she also needs a distance mirror so that she can see how she looks from across the room and watch herself walking. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

The answer, since LVP is gone, is none of the above. They are all vile, just in varying degrees. I hate Dorit the mosr, but Kyle, Teddi and Rinna are all to awful to  rank. Erika is just boring and obviously disturbed (she seriously thinks she has talent?) and could care less about any of this shit- she is here to promote her "show". I thought there might be hope for Denise, but turns out she is just a foul mouthed, trashy D list actress-BTW, did you know she was married to Charlie Sheen? Thought I would mention it, since she so rarely discusses it-no more than twice each episode.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, chlban said:

The answer, since LVP is gone, is none of the above. They are all vile, just in varying degrees. I hate Dorit the mosr, but Kyle, Teddi and Rinna are all to awful to  rank. Erika is just boring and obviously disturbed (she seriously thinks she has talent?) and could care less about any of this shit- she is here to promote her "show". I thought there might be hope for Denise, but turns out she is just a foul mouthed, trashy D list actress-BTW, did you know she was married to Charlie Sheen? Thought I would mention it, since she so rarely discusses it-no more than twice each episode.

I didn’t know that about Denise but I heard her husband has a very large penis.

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, chlban said:

Thanks for your answer.  I agree from what I’ve seen since watching.  By the way Dorit speaks, you would think she’s high society, but she’s from Connecticut. I have relatives there and they don’t speak like her, so she’s a phony.  Kyle thinks she is young again, Lisa R. Is a loud mouth troublemaker, can’t stand Teddy and Denise talking sex all the time.  Erica thinks she’s an entertainer but just shakes her ass, then the guys pick her up and she does her split.  I started watching after”Doggie gate”, but who knows what will happen now with the scandal.  Mauricio, P.K. and Tom Girardi look like they are in serious trouble.  Thanks again for your time.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, langford peel said:

I didn’t know that about Denise but I heard her husband has a very large penis.

Haha, o.k. .. we’ll see how long they will last.  He needs a large one as she probably has been all around the system and is all stretched out, lol.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Erika didn't send LVP a condolence card.  She didn't spend $3.50 on a card from the store.  Hey.  Can you even buy a card for $3.50?  She sent her a hand written note.  It took more effort for Erika to write that card, put a stamp on it and mailed than it would take her to pick up the phone and order flowers.

Shame on LVP to even bring it up.  I don't blame Erika for taking a photo of the note.  She knows how LVP can be. 

Your damned if you do and damned if you don’t.  IMO, Erica did a nice thing and LVP squashed a nice thing.  Not nice at all.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, suomi said:

Kyle is 5'2" and should have shopped in Petite or had this altered. The drop waist does nothing for her - especially with all that WTF going on below the waist.

The sleeves look too long because of the saggy waist. If the waistline was properly placed the sleeves would be hip, slick and cool.  

No one has pretty knees - and especially not when the knees are 50 years old, on stumpy legs. 

This would look so much better - not good, but better - on Rinna or Erika, who are 5'7" or Camille, who is 5'6".

But no matter the height, who the hell wants to have a big-ass First Place velvet ribbon (that looks like it came untied) hanging off their belly all night and schlepping between their legs when they walk? Just, no. 

For sure she has full-length mirrors - she also needs a distance mirror so that she can see how she looks from across the room and watch herself walking. 

I think it would have looked much better if she put it on backwards.     Kidding. Lol

Edited by Gem 10
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 12:56 PM, watcherwoman said:

If Erica didn't send a card people would call her a heartless bitch blah, blah, blah. If she sent the sappiest Hallmark card they would say it wasn't personal enough and the heartless bitch couldn't even pen a few lines blah, blah, blah. If she sent flowers and called  she would have been called a fake heartless bitch blah, blah, blah. 

Erica got burned once before in this situation.  It's called proof that wasn't used until the same recipient of the card, who called her out on national TV the last time, was as expected low enough to try and shame the sender a SECOND TIME.

Erica's mother raised her right, to offer condolence to someone even if you may have been burned by them. 

The true heartless bitch obviously wasn't taught common decency when it comes to being gracious when people offer their sympathy. NOW THAT'S BULL SHIT! Be gracious bitch!

• Love 8
17 hours ago, suomi said:

This dress reminds me of when Carol Burnett pulled the drapes off the windows to wear in her Gone with the Wind segment.  Caroles was green tho, but of a velvet texture.

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

I  am so glad LVP is no longer on this show. Also happy she will not be in the reunion episodes. The last few episodes with the 6 women (not counting Camille or her weirdness and flipflopping) have been lighthearted, fun, silly. Sure, in any mixed group of girls/women(ages 7 to 90) there will be some misunderstandings, hurt feelings  and arguments at any given point in time.

But this group of six(minus Camille and LVP) seems to be able to quickly get over petty disagreements, apologize to each other and  move forward. They do seem to have a closer girlfriend-like bond. Each of them has lately at one time or another spoken about feeling closer, freer and more comfortable within this sixsome.

Not sure what it was about LVP's presence that made the uncomfortable confrontational situations drag on forever without any forseeable resolutions. Maybe it had something to do with her staunch unyielding British roots, or her inability to believe she was EVER wrong, or not being able to offer sincere apologies when warranted. LVP brought with her some sort of a baggage which I am unable to categorize and pinpoint.

I, for one, am truly enjoying this version of LVP-free RHOBH. Hope this group stays friendly for the most part and provides us viewers with tons of food, real estate and lifestyle porn without any of the  heavy duty drama that was so prevalent this season.

• Love 10

"You came all the way here in this rainnn?!"

"I am contractually obligated to show up, of course I did, I wouldn't miss it for the world!"

Why do I keep thinking Camille's new husband is David Foster?

Kyle left a little something out of her speech..."My husband was in the clothing business, he lost his job, came home bawling. We became real estate agents, I got him a job with multi-millionaire real estate agent Rick Hilton through my sister, and he build up a client base, then he started the agency, and now he has 465 agents working for him!"

Camille, just because you lost your house and your assistant, does not mean you are not an asshole. You are still condescending and haughty. And why are you hugging Lisa Rinna after you just went off on her? And Rinna, you are no 'safe space', let's be real.

Six Months Later: Everyone has invaded my closet from the sixth grade in 1985. Except for Dorit, who invaded my closet from 1991.

When Erika was walking in Kyle's garden at her little brunch, I thought she was Dolly Parton in 9 to 5. 

Camille, Vanderpump will not stop packing to talk to you, she proved does not give a shit about filming this scene.

I do not mind Vanderpump with the crown, she has done lots of campy publicity, I think it's perfectly fine.

• LOL 4
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, jjbjjbh said:

I  am so glad LVP is no longer on this show. Also happy she will not be in the reunion episodes. The last few episodes with the 6 women (not counting Camille or her weirdness and flipflopping) have been lighthearted, fun, silly. Sure, in any mixed group of girls/women(ages 7 to 90) there will be some misunderstandings, hurt feelings  and arguments at any given point in time.

But this group of six(minus Camille and LVP) seems to be able to quickly get over petty disagreements, apologize to each other and  move forward. They do seem to have a closer girlfriend-like bond. Each of them has lately at one time or another spoken about feeling closer, freer and more comfortable within this sixsome.

Not sure what it was about LVP's presence that made the uncomfortable confrontational situations drag on forever without any forseeable resolutions. Maybe it had something to do with her staunch unyielding British roots, or her inability to believe she was EVER wrong, or not being able to offer sincere apologies when warranted. LVP brought with her some sort of a baggage which I am unable to categorize and pinpoint.

I, for one, am truly enjoying this version of LVP-free RHOBH. Hope this group stays friendly for the most part and provides us viewers with tons of food, real estate and lifestyle porn without any of the  heavy duty drama that was so prevalent this season.

I agree. Los Angeles is an industry town and I care more about celebrity porn than house or lifestyle porn. I don’t care about LVP’s tacky home and clothes. I want to know about Charlie Sheen gossip, who bangs hookers, not the musings of someone who had a bit part on Baywatch Nights and is a legend in her own mind. I guess that’s why I find Rinna tolerable. At least she has actually been to the Oscars and had a legitimate acting career. I hope they do bring on Nicolette Sheridan as a replacement for LVP.

Edited by BluBrd47
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, jjbjjbh said:

I agree with everything you have said, Though what LVP has brought with her is her narcissistic personality disorder. The traits of a person with such a disorder are: grandiose sense of self importance, lives in a fantasy world that supports their delusions of grandeur, needs constant praise and admiration, sense of entitlement, exploits others without guilt or shame, frequently demeans, intimidates, bullies or belittles others. IMO LVP has all of those traits, in spades. Which is why I do not enjoy her on the show and am glad she will no longer be on. 

• Love 9
On 7/11/2019 at 10:22 PM, Happy Camper said:

I don't see the sweetness in this fill in the blank condolence message:

"Dear _____ - Tom and I were saddened to hear of your ________ ________'s passing, Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time. Sincerest Condolences, Erika"

What is personal and sweet about that?

What would you have written, knowing you’ll be nitpicked about it? 

• Love 8
On 7/12/2019 at 12:30 PM, outofbounds said:

Lisa was right. They weren’t close. So publicly bitching about A HANDWRITTEN NOTE is tacky. 

• Love 8
On 7/12/2019 at 12:10 PM, Natalie68 said:

Kyle does have a really cute figure she just doesn't always know how to dress it.  She is tiny in stature and curvy (not fat AT ALL, she has a waist/hips/boobs) so she cannot wear the same stuff as Dorit who is taller and more svelte.  Dorit is a financial poseur but is very pretty and knows how to dress even if I don't like the styles all the time.  There were 2 TH outfits I just could not stand on her.  The hot pink number with her hair pulled back on one side (looked like a parody of prom) and her Camille cover up top in black mesh.

That black mesh number is actually repulsive in my opinion.  And seemed like she wore it constantly

• Love 10

This season was so boring because no one really had much of a storyline once LVP left. 

Teddi, the self proclaimed accountability coach cried because she saw herself as the moral compass of the group. Yawn. 

Denise got married to a well endowed man and she used to be married to Charlie Sheen. Yawn.

Rinna kept trying to make her children happen and her husband kept going camping in another country to get away from her. Yawn.

Dorit gave away a dog and managed to skirt all blame without telling us what actually happened. Yawn.

Erica got kicked in the head during the practice for a show in which she plays a slut in order to empower women. Yawn.

Kyle tried to show what a great mother she is by humiliating her 10 year old by claiming said child sleeps with her parents and humiliating her college freshman by showing a scene in which the whole family makes fun of the kid’s spending habits on national TV. You think the daughter’s friends don’t watch this? She also keeps pulling the anxiety/allergy card which is a maneuver out of Bethenny’s playbook. Yawn.

LVP always brought an organic storyline that had nothing to do with her cast mates and was positive in nature. I would have liked to have seen more about the dogs and the Las Vegas restaurant than any of the crap above.

• Love 17
(edited)

The fact is these other women have nothing going on in their lives. They had to import Camilles’s wedding, Kim and the Bunny and Brandi telling Denise they should become high end hookers. Without that they have no content.

Otherwise it is all clipping toenails and bratty kids giving their father the finger.

Edited by langford peel
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Aim123 said:

Kyle left a little something out of her speech..."My husband was in the clothing business, he lost his job, came home bawling. We became real estate agents, I got him a job with multi-millionaire real estate agent Rick Hilton through my sister, and he build up a client base, then he started the agency, and now he has 465 agents working for him!"

This. I think it's wonderful when anyone has success. But she seems so clueless all the time about their lives and connections. On the show and in her book she makes herself and Mo sound like they're completely self made. Imagine how successful everyone would all be with their step ladders in the world. 

• Love 10
On 7/10/2019 at 1:12 PM, dosodog said:

If they don't want a crown, then why are they always referring to each other as Queen?

Yassss Queen!  Particularly Ericka and Mikey?  Rinna.  Yassss Queen.

I’ve seen this posted 2x on this thread so I felt the need to clarify: “YAAAAS, queen!” is a common catchphrase in certain communities. I, myself, say it often, without any allusion to anyone jostling for a crown or HBIC designation. It’s a phrase of approval or recognition, like, “Bitch, you betta WERK!”

To the poster who said Camille’s husband reminds them of David Foster — SAME.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2019 at 3:03 PM, politichick said:

Or perhaps drinking some deliciously cold rose! This was most excellent.

If LVP were to come back, her tagline could be: “Revenge is best served like a fine rose. Cold and with a side of ‘Shut up, Rinna.’”

On 7/11/2019 at 4:21 PM, RealHousewife said:

Lucky you! They sell tape you can secure your boobies with everywhere, even Bed, Bath, & Beyond of all places. 😂

Definitely part of the “Beyond” 🤣 

You’d think that Kyle would be hip to all the beauty tips and tricks. Heck, maybe she should take some style tips from Sonja Morgan, who knows her way around a roll of beauty tape. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3