Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E06: Whacktivity Competition #2; Nominations #2

• Start Topic

(edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 3:20 PM, iMonrey said:

Off topic: I hope Love Island is the biggest ratings failure CBS has ever had.

Ditto a thousand times over.  I hope that show makes Magic Mile look like a mega-hit by comparison.

And I pledge before you all never ever to watch a single second of that crap. I wouldn't anyway but the endless shill at every commercial break and now in the BB game wants me to boycott CBS in general.  I'll take a thousand "Grover Grovers" to these promos any day.  Not that I know what that show was nor do I want to know.

And CBS, I am suing you for making my thumb raw hitting the mute button over all these promos for Lust Island.

(Also suing on behalf of "love" which this isn't about at all).

Edited by green
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, Samwise979 said:

I came on here ready to rage about how the editing is making Kat look like a shrew/crazy person and Jackson like the poor innocent guy in a relationship with a shrew/crazy person so I'm glad to read that no one seems to be falling for it.

I thought the whole paranoia section in the previous episode seemed to be some kind of running joke in the house, she was even laughing as she went around accusing people of plotting against her.  But the edit wanted to make out that it was really serious, which didn't  make sense.

6 hours ago, mertensia said:

I forgot to say that competition was ridiculously easy. 49 seconds?

Also, snakes don't bother me so I would have been good to go.

gross out/ fear factor kind of competitions for this twist comp it seems

20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, his power is TOTALLY lame. First off, veto redraw is only semi-powerful. Sure, you can redraw three people, but it needs to be played sooner rather than later, with the risk of redrawing the exact same people anyway. Plus, you totally have to reveal yourself, which means risking your alliance members getting pissed off about lying (some may understand, others may not).

I don't know exactly how the redraw is done and whether he reveals himself, however I'm sure there was a twist in the past either where someone could be removed from veto or put themselves into a veto comp (I forget which, or if both have happened), either of those would have been much better.  Of course he has to act excited in the DR anyway.

18 hours ago, North of Eden said:

Bella, Bella, Bella I want you to be my favorite but she doesn't realize that in an 8 person alliance... based on Jack's booting strategy he's going to eventually run out of the other minorities and she's likely to be the 8th member out of 8th and the first one he cuts loose if they can hold together that long.

She doesn't seem to realise you need more than one alliance.  I wonder what her reaction was when her pal got nominated.

17 hours ago, green said:

But how did that work out for Ovi who crawled on his belly before the two Jacks and made an offering of his power to them?  (Julie:  By a vote of 12 to zero ...).

I didn't think it was that bad a strategy for Ovi who seemed in a hopeless position, he just assumed the people he was dealing with had more than a few brain cells.  If they just didn't believe him that wasn't shown in the edit.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, amazingracefan said:

I don't know exactly how the redraw is done and whether he reveals himself, however I'm sure there was a twist in the past either where someone could be removed from veto or put themselves into a veto comp (I forget which, or if both have happened), either of those would have been much better.  Of course he has to act excited in the DR anyway.

There may be more, but Christmas used the Ring of Replacement in 19 to replace Cody after a veto draw. 

I do not find it entertaining to watch knuckleheads mishandle animals (well, reptiles) for entertainment purposes.  Some of the snakes were really trying to avoid being placed in the box/tank.  Now, I'm scared of snakes, but never want to see them going through a stressful situation because some producer thought it would be funny for the contestants to "freak out" which they didn't do anyway.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I do not find it entertaining to watch knuckleheads mishandle animals (well, reptiles) for entertainment purposes.  Some of the snakes were really trying to avoid being placed in the box/tank.  Now, I'm scared of snakes, but never want to see them going through a stressful situation because some producer thought it would be funny for the contestants to "freak out" which they didn't do anyway.

My wife and I were wondering if they were swapping out the snakes. Otherwise, they might be getting pretty stressed by the end and be more likely to bite.

• Love 5

Kat not giving a crap about Jackson

I'm not convinced Kat didn't give a crap about Jackson, I think she was just trying to save face after basically getting dumped.

Women can obviously work together, but not the women that Grodner casts. 

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if they're asked during the casting process if they're willing to work with other women, and if they respond in the affirmative they are immediately disqualified.

• Love 2

I’ve watched every single episode of every single season of BB and I don’t think anything has ever made me want to punch someone in the throat as much as “The juice isn’t worth the squeeze.” First of all, I don’t know why Jackson thinks he’s such a catch when he’s a grown man whose mama cuts up his fruit for him and brings him chocolate milk. He’s basically Howard Wolowitz. Secondly, Kat is a fucking QUEEN and I love her! Are you bitches conspiring against her?!

Co-sign what others have said about female alliances never working because of idiot women like Bella who automatically think they’re better off with the men because....reasons? If she’s so knowledgeable about BB alliances, does she not also remember that the women who attach themselves to the men almost always get picked off by those same dudes at the end? Really can’t stand her!

Nice to see Brett but I could gladly live 1000 lifetimes without ever seeing Saggy P again.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12

I have NOT seen every episode of every season of BB but the ones that I did watch, I got sucked in and hooked with the first couple episodes. This season, I honestly feel like dropping out. 

• Love 2

Seriously tho - how in the hell is Jackson considered "attractive"? Cruddy personality oozes from his pores - if he was a decent guy I might see it - but - yeah - his features are a wee bit off, like just shy of classically attractive, thus making him blah. Gawd don't let him last all season. I just can't with him. Followed up by his douche bro Jack - another jerk. Yawn.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Hey Holly. The reason all-girl alliances never work is precisely because of girls like you. Girls who prefer to hitch their wagon the the alpha-male dominated alliance. I get that you think you'll have better luck with them but you didn't have to go tattling. You could have just kept your mouth shut about it and played both sides

I believe you are referencing Isabella here not Holly. 'Bella' (in the season where nobody can be called by their actual name) was the one who turned on her "Black Widow" alliance simply because they weren't in power and her other alliance was.

She then felt the need to rat them all out in detail AND say they were coming after Jack... to Jack who happens to be HoH this week. I mean that's more than just throwing them under the bus, she basically stood them up in a lineup and from the safety of a room where she couldn't be seen screamed 'THAT'S THEM!!! Those are the bitches aligned together that want Jack out!!"

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, BodhiGurl said:

Seriously tho - how in the hell is Jackson considered "attractive"? Cruddy personality oozes from his pores - if he was a decent guy I might see it - but - yeah - his features are a wee bit off, like just shy of classically attractive, thus making him blah. Gawd don't let him last all season. I just can't with him. Followed up by his douche bro Jack - another jerk. Yawn.

Immediately after ff'ing through the recap and intro, my husband says, "That guy with the square head looks like Beavis or Butthead. One of them had a square head too." I had to agree with him.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

Did anyone notice when Jack called the other houseguests into the dining room for nominations, it seemed like since he knows his announcement will for sure be shown on TV, he flipped his hair just so and softened his voice to sound "sexy". It was so put on I had to laugh.

Showing my age here, but Squarehead Jackson reminds me of the old Dick Tracy comics where all the villains had overly square jaws and looked kinda weird. I don't see any attractiveness with him at all. 

Yes, Bella fucked up. Be like Tyler, but not too much. 

Every year Big Brother has to have a few Chad douchebags as contestants. At least last year, Brett was funny which made up for it. How about next year you avoid any Chads, have a couple older people, several skinny/ brainy dorks, a couple overweight people and quit turning it into a fitness contest. 

• Love 13
28 minutes ago, aurora296 said:

Did anyone notice when Jack called the other houseguests into the dining room for nominations, it seemed like since he knows his announcement will for sure be shown on TV, he flipped his hair just so and softened his voice to sound "sexy". It was so put on I had to laugh.

When that part happened I actually wondered, are there any people in there or did he just open a door to an empty room. 

• LOL 5
8 hours ago, aurora296 said:

Every year Big Brother has to have a few Chad douchebags as contestants. At least last year, Brett was funny which made up for it. How about next year you avoid any Chads, have a couple older people, several skinny/ brainy dorks, a couple overweight people and quit turning it into a fitness contest. 

Maybe if/when this season goes down in flames, new blood will be brought in to cast real people like the types you mentioned above.  I am basically hate watching the show now, hoping to see the DoucheCanoe Twins get taken down by (hopefully) David or Ovi, whichever one of them (hopefully) gets back in the game.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, aurora296 said:

Yes. I caught a few times when Jack seems to turn to the camera to react to something. Hes very aware of the camera, like BB is an audition for an acting job.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, aurora296 said:

Oh hell yeah - I actually turned to my old lady and said, “Did Julia Roberts sneak into the House when we weren’t looking?”  😄

• LOL 5
10 hours ago, aurora296 said:

It mostly reminded me of the calming voice he used on the snakes. Which is hard to argue against, when you're getting ready to piss people off by nominating them, lol. 

• Love 1
On 7/8/2019 at 1:56 AM, UncleChuck said:

Nicole is not a bombshell, as a few of the more glamorous hamsters might be described, but she is an attractive young woman, who appears to be smart and personable.  The Jacks of this world might consider her a part of the furniture, but there are lots of men who would be thrilled to hook up with her, with or without Fiji.  I believe her social game will be exponentially greater once she returns home.  Her wallflower days are probably over.

She seems pretty chill and nice and that is good. Once you get to know someone, their looms can change to you. You ever notice that? On looks alone, I thought she would be annoying, but I like her.  Based on looks alone, Jackson annoyed me, abd his perosnality lives up to that! Haha!!

• Love 4

Watching this episode, it was extremely apparent that Jack is hyperaware of the cameras, and how his look should be from whatever angle.  Too bad he's not likewise aware of what a jackhole he is being. 

Jackson also didn't come off looking very good last night either, with that whole sequence of "Yeah, Kat and I totally got it on, and I still sleep with her in her bed, but now I want to get with this other chick, so I've got to dump Kat, and tell everyone how awful she is so nobody blames me for dumping her, but I don't want it to be awkward for ME."

Jackholes, the both of 'em.

And Isabella?  As others have pointed out, the reason all-women alliances don't work out is indeed because of women like you.  We've seen this over and over, any sort of women's alliance is betrayed and broken up by women who would rather try to cling to the douchebros where they're clearly on the bottom of that alliance than try to get something really going with the women.  It is a "type" and it is a "type" that constantly gets cast on this show.  Kemi and Jessica are likely to be the next two out.  Nicole may hang in there for a long, long time....but only because she is literally invisible to the douchebros.  It is like she doesn't even exist to them.

And?  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.  I couldn't watch the Whacktivity comp.  Nope.  Nopeity, nope, nope.  I have an extreme snake phobia--it isn't rational, I know it isn't rational, but that's what a phobia is.  I did catch some of it between my fingers while it whizzed by on fast forward, and even though I really, really can't even nope, not at all with snakes, I was actually feeling sorry for them with the way they were being manhandled all around.  I mean, there at the end, Jack treated them like they were rubber snakes rather than living creatures with the way he was grabbing, whipping them around, and shoving and jamming them into their boxes.  What a selfish jerk, this was all about him, him, him.

You know, that's really telling of his personality, when he makes me feel sympathetic for a snake!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
12 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

And?  OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG.  I couldn't watch the Whacktivity comp.  Nope.  Nopeity, nope, nope.  I have an extreme snake phobia--it isn't rational, I know it isn't rational, but that's what a phobia is.  I did catch some of it between my fingers while it whizzed by on fast forward, and even though I really, really can't even nope, not at all with snakes, I was actually feeling sorry for them with the way they were being manhandled all around.  I mean, there at the end, Jack treated them like they were rubber snakes rather than living creatures with the way he was grabbing, whipping them around, and shoving and jamming them into their boxes.  What a selfish jerk, this was all about him, him, him.

You know, that's really telling of his personality, when he makes me feel sympathetic for a snake!

I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or worse, ha!, but I really like snakes and imo Jack was the best with them. You can tell from how they curled up around his hands when he picked them up, and how he was able to basically place them straight into the boxes without a bunch of wrangling.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Maybe if/when this season goes down in flames, new blood will be brought in to cast real people like the types you mentioned above.  I am basically hate watching the show now, hoping to see the DoucheCanoe Twins get taken down by (hopefully) David or Ovi, whichever one of them (hopefully) gets back in the game.

I honestly don't know what has to happen before there's a significant change to the casting process for CBS reality shows. If "Love Island" teaches us anything it's that CBS is convinced audiences only want to look at models. If the show goes down in flames, CBS will shrug and think reality is just getting stale as viewing habits change. It's not a problem unique to Big Brother, all the CBS shows have this casting call for specific "types" they have decided need to be featured each and every season for maximum whatever - drama, eye candy, you name it. It's all been focus grouped and market researched to death to become a set formula they can't break away from. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
On 7/7/2019 at 8:25 PM, Lamb18 said:

I like that middle spotted snake. It is so rebellious. I hope Tommy or Sam wins the Whackamole competition.

Boo! Jack won Whackamole. Ugh!!

I was annoyed he won too!

On 7/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, his power is TOTALLY lame. First off, veto redraw is only semi-powerful. Sure, you can redraw three people, but it needs to be played sooner rather than later, with the risk of redrawing the exact same people anyway. Plus, you totally have to reveal yourself, which means risking your alliance members getting pissed off about lying (some may understand, others may not).

Jack totally got a shitty power and thank god for that. Knowing Jack, he won't play it for weeks until it's way too late for it to have any real impact on his game.

I’m happy that his power sucks.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:53 PM, Lamb18 said:

Oh Bella, you disappoint me so much.

I was liking Bella until this.

• Love 2
On 7/7/2019 at 11:43 PM, Samwise979 said:

I came on here ready to rage about how the editing is making Kat look like a shrew/crazy person and Jackson like the poor innocent guy in a relationship with a shrew/crazy person so I'm glad to read that no one seems to be falling for it. I think Kat was more hurt than she let on when Jackson "broke up" with her, hopefully she doesn't let it affect her game. 

I honestly don't know if I can stick with this whole season. I'll give it until the come back I guess and see how I feel from there. Maybe if David comes back 😍

I wasn’t crazy about Kat but she looks better now than that idiot Jack #2.

On 7/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Does anyone else think "Whackitivity" is one of the dumbest names ever? And that stupid squirrel voice grates almost as much as Announcer Guy's voiceovers.

That squirrel voice and the name of the comps annoy me to no end.

• Love 1
On 7/8/2019 at 3:46 PM, stcroix said:

I'm praaaaaying David gets back in-- and with a power that doesn't allow him to be kicked right back out.  I didn't get enough time to even know if I liked him or not before he was evicted, but the way he handled Jackson in the storage room showed class and intelligence.  I'd love to see him grab some people and take the Jacks down!   

PS-- That announcer guy is crazy loud and Red Bulled up or something.  And the whole wacky camp routine is so silly.  I feel like the show is pandering to middle schoolers and here I am a grandma who's watched every show from the very first Big Brother.  I hope I haven't 'outgrown' BB!  

I like David. He seems smart and could pick up quicker about the alliance more than anyone else in the house.

• Love 3
(edited)
On 7/9/2019 at 12:23 AM, aurora296 said:

Every year Big Brother has to have a few Chad douchebags as contestants. At least last year, Brett was funny which made up for it. How about next year you avoid any Chads, have a couple older people, several skinny/ brainy dorks, a couple overweight people and quit turning it into a fitness contest?

To be fair, they really haven't overloaded on the Chads this year;  it's just that Shitty and Shittier* are the Chaddiest Chads that ever Chadded, so it feels as though the House is infested with them to a far greater degree than it actually is.    I mean, Jack and Shit are sharing the House with:

• Cliff, an older non-buff guy

• Ovi, brown and chubby

• Tommy, who's in nice shape but is openly gay and doesn't share any "Chad" personality traits, to my knowledge

• Sam, late '30s, married, and a father of two

• Nick, who would be accepted as a Chad, but tries to avoid them as a group and doesn't work out.  (And is also IMO kind of creepy.  Which is different from being douchey, as Chads are born to be.)

• David, young and buff and perhaps with (so far) hidden Chad qualities, but disqualified because…melanin Reasons.

I'm sure Robyn Kass looked at this group, thought it was pretty diverse (only 5/8 straight and white, which probably matches the country as a whole) and said "My work here is done!"  The only problem is that the Chads Chad so fiercely that they're upsetting the balance.  And thus the best-laid plans of Grod and Kass eft gang a-gley.

*-no, I haven't worked out which is which.  I hardly think it matters, though…do you?

Edited by Halting Hex
Because if you're going to bastardize Robbie Burns, you want to match the original as closely as you can. Hence the tweakage.
  • LOL 6
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2019 at 10:15 PM, Dewey Decimate said:

While it was satisfying to watch David silently, knowingly smile at arrogant Jackson in the storage room, I'm thinking if you're there to play the social game, you'd be better off making the bros think you're with them.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:05 PM, green said:

David knows they are 100% lying to him and they wouldn't believe for a second he was with them.  Therefore he knows he has no power right now to do anything no matter what he said to them.  So at least he had some pride and basic human dignity and didn't get down on his knees before them and humiliate himself.

I have to agree with Dewey Decimate here and not Green.  Of course in real life our pride and our human dignity come first.   But David is in an unusual situation for reality competition shows, in that he can’t play in any comps/vetoes/HOH’s, so he can’t win any. No chance of being safe for the week.  He has nothing to move him forward but his social game.  He was unfairly ousted right away, which is the reason I am rooting for him.  He caught a break with the comeback thing but he still only has a one in four chance to come back.  Somehow that vile Jackson is one of the people currently running the game.  It was not smart of David to show Jackson that’s he’s not buying his bullshit.  Everyone on these shows pretends to go along until they get in a better position themselves; it’s smarter gameplay.   David should play along for now but I think he instead tipped off Jackson that he’s smart and perceptive and that he’s not easily manipulated, which means Jackson and company will not want him back, especially over Ovi who so far has been putty in their hands. (They don't know that Nicole wised him up)  I wanted to yell through the TV to David!   It’s not about dignity because this is a game, this is not real life.  If he wants to win he has to PLAY! 

• Love 4
46 minutes ago, Skyfall said:

So looks like we are going to have a low leadin as Love Island premiered to a 0.6 demo rating.

Aw, quelle surprise.  As much as CBS wants me to watch their new show about Tahitian Vanilla Basic Bitches rubbing Abreva on each other ... AKA "Love Island", I must pass.

• LOL 4
1 hour ago, Skyfall said:

So looks like we are going to have a low leadin as Love Island premiered to a 0.6 demo rating.

Yeah, being an "international success" is no guarantee of domestic domination.  It reminds me of when ABC ran The One, which had been a big hit in several countries (sometimes known as "Star Academy").  It was a show that featured aspiring musicians competing while living in a Big Brother-style house.  (Judge/Mentors included Kate Hudson's uncle Mark and a pre-American Idol Kara DioGuardi;  competitors included future American Idol 7 third-place-finisher Syesha Mercado and future Taylor Swift fiddle player Caitlin Evanson.)

It got all of two network airings (plus two weeks of live feeds) before ABC looked at the paltry ratings and pulled the plug, concluding "you know, I think the people who like watching Big Brother are…watching Big Brother, actually." 

Be a small bummer if whoever wins the upcoming Veto and the trip to the Chlamydia Island set in Fiji finds it all deserted and tumble-weedy, I guess. 

"Empty rooms, shuttered and dank…without [mindless hookups], we'd be truly dead." [/sad face]

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just an observation, but - If maintenance of human pride, dignity and/or integrity are such nonnegotiable sticking points for a person, then why the everlovin’ monkeyfuck did they sign up for Big Brother in the first place??

Edited by Nashville
Left out a word
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
38 minutes ago, Halting Hex said:
  2 hours ago, Skyfall said:

Good. I hope it crashes and bursts into flames before episode 3. That sounds even worse than the Challenge or the Bachelor/ette.

• Love 2

This is my first season watching it. Are the contestants on the previous seasons better than the ones on this season? My friend really liked Nicole who won I think two seasons ago and was on Amazing Race. And you have to get CBS All Access to watch old episodes? That stinks.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

This is my first season watching it. Are the contestants on the previous seasons better than the ones on this season?

Yes, if the plethora of "I can't believe there's nobody I like!" comments both here and in the Feeds thread are anything to go by.  I'm cutting a certain amount of people a certain amount of slack, but the effort is discernible.

Whereas in previous seasons, you might have had people to make your blood boil, but you also usually had somebody you felt attached to.  Some people *cough* even registered accounts to commemorate their favorites' time in the game and took screenshots from downloaded episodes to make avatars of said favorites. 

Of course, I don't know anyone as lame as that.  <---------

30 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

My friend really liked Nicole who won I think two seasons ago and was on Amazing Race.

Nicole Franzel (as opposed to the current Nicole Anthony) won S18, but she first competed during S16.  So you have multiple options to see more of her.  (Victor was only in S18, however.)

31 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

And you have to get CBS All Access to watch old episodes? That stinks.

All Access is an option…but hardly your only one.  When another BB virgin was discussing the show during The Amazing Race, I was able to PM YouTube links to not only the most-famous episode of Season 14 (featuring Britney and Janelle), but also the season as a whole.  (Although a few of the episodes were better found on Vimeo, IIRC.) Dedicated searching on various video platforms should find you a cornucopia of past episodes, depending on what you're seeking.

• Love 2
47 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

This is my first season watching it. Are the contestants on the previous seasons better than the ones on this season? My friend really liked Nicole who won I think two seasons ago and was on Amazing Race. And you have to get CBS All Access to watch old episodes? That stinks.

Some seasons have real standouts that are fun houseguests from the start.  Others have to get past the first month or so to really get the drama and scheming going.  And still others are just a bunch of boring wannabes from central casting where lame production twists can't even save the season.

BB Seasons are a lot like a box of chocolates... mixed with laxatives and the occasional sleeping pills.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, Booklady1017 said:

I have watched a few seasons, and I would say I usually find a few contestants that I like.  This time, the ones I don't actively dislike are David and Nicole, but I don't really know much about them either.    the jacks are ruining my enjoyment of the show, because they are such manipulative assholes.  On most seasons it's more fun to watch the different personalities and how they get along.  

The Nicole your friend likes played two seasons, and her main strategy was to hook up with who she saw as the cute guy and stay snuggled up to him the entire season, then break up with him afterwards, then do the same thing with a different guy the season she returned.   the funny thing is that she is engaged to Victor, who was on the second season she spent in bed with another guy, while seeming to not notice Victor at all.  (I don't know how anyone can stand that nasally voice of hers) 

On 7/8/2019 at 8:23 AM, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

Does anyone else think "Whackitivity" is one of the dumbest names ever?

I keep hearing Beavis and Butthead's neighbor, who always talked about them "whacking off in [his] tool shed."

Then I think of Howie.

Yeah, I wouldn't use "whack" for anything Big Brother-related.

• LOL 2
On 7/10/2019 at 6:31 PM, Halting Hex said:

Nicole Franzel (as opposed to the current Nicole Anthony) won S18, but she first competed during S16.  So you have multiple options to see more of her.  (Victor was only in S18, however.)

I watched S18 late, after Nicole had broken up with her S18 showmance and she and Victor got together. It was fun to see the interactions between Nicole and Victor during the show, knowing they would pair up in a few months. Pretty darn cute.

In this season, Nicole is growing on me. She’s getting a bit more screen time, for one thing. I liked Bella right away, but now she’s dead to me. I loathe Jack and Jackson, but all the others are just there for me. 

I can understand why David called Jack out as he did, but I sure wish he hadn’t. He kept it together pretty well, and wasn’t hostile, but he’d have been better off making nice with, “Hey, it’s all in the game,” noises. Tell the DR what you think of Jack. 

• Love 1