Type keyword(s) to search

S06:E09 Sorry Not Sorry

• Start Topic

8 hours ago, chewycandy said:

Patricia posted a pic of Ashley on her IG ahead of the episode calling her the “crazy train express” or something like that. Why would she do that if she didn’t think she would come off badly in this episode—and sure enough, Ashley mentioned that Patricia was badmouthing Kathryn and egged Ashley on. I don’t know. Just so unclassy of her to do that. 

There are given the episodes before they air so she knew about it and I imagine that Whitney also told her because he was there.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I still think those boots were planted just so Shep can show off his “prowess”. Cameras and Cam were coming over and Shep’s living room isn’t that big but... oooops!... I guess the woman I slept with last night just happened to leave her boot behind 😉 Was it one boot or two? I can’t remember and don’t want to rewatch. And how does a woman forget she wore boots and just leave them behind? It looks cold out, I think she’s remember she didn’t meet Shep in socks. 

I vote for producer setup.  The only other explanation, which I will admit is plausible, is she was so horrified that she woke up with Shep that she ran out as fast as she could - no time for boots!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

There is no way Shep isn’t regularly going home with random women if he wants. I mean yes he is repulsive and a horrible human being to a lot of us but he also is on tv and have that frat boy persona that some people like. And he is on tv so people do it just so they can say they did it. 

• Love 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I hate to say it but I like Ashley better than any of the women in the cast.  To me they're all a bunch of nasty, mean, immature witches.   Why did the guys act more mature than the girls?  Oh, that's right, St. Katherine is the leader of their coven.

I can't stand that fuck up Ashley. The women leave a lot to be desired but they didn't start it with Ashley. She fired the first shot at these people and continued to do so, also she herself sabotaged each and every apology she professed to want to make. 

She showed me who she was. I took her at her own words.

I wouldn't have interacted Ashley. If she walked up and said "Hello" I would have said "bye" , if that,  and walked away. I wouldn't stand for akl that toxicity and craziness to be around me.

Edited to add:

Is it rude? Absolutely, I wouldn't apologize for it nor would it bother me.

Edited by Giselle
It's Saturday.
  • Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

I vote for producer setup.  The only other explanation, which I will admit is plausible, is she was so horrified that she woke up with Shep that she ran out as fast as she could - no time for boots!

Oh no doubt.

The camera crew has to set up lighting and test their shots and all that before they film anything.

Shep would already be up to let them in and set up.

So those scenes where Cam is coming in and waking Shep or Craig out of bed are all FAKE.

Unless they have a webcam set up there filming all the time and that is the footage they're using, there's PLENTY of chances to remove the boot, tidy up, etc.

What shows up in camera is what they CHOSE to have appear on camera.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

There is no way Shep isn’t regularly going home with random women if he wants. I mean yes he is repulsive and a horrible human being to a lot of us but he also is on tv and have that frat boy persona that some people like. And he is on tv so people do it just so they can say they did it. 

I think you're right. What a sad, shallow world we're living in. 

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I still think those boots were planted just so Shep can show off his “prowess”. Cameras and Cam were coming over and Shep’s living room isn’t that big but... oooops!... I guess the woman I slept with last night just happened to leave her boot behind 😉 Was it one boot or two? I can’t remember and don’t want to rewatch. And how does a woman forget she wore boots and just leave them behind? It looks cold out, I think she’s remember she didn’t meet Shep in socks. 

Maybe she never left and was still there, hiding in another room or something.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

I don’t doubt. I think that scene in Nashville where the boys are surrounded by girls is probably genuine and not staged. People have a weird fascination with “celebrities” and just being on TV provides a sort of enhanced appeal (think Elaine on Seinfeld with the Wiz). Plus, young women have horrible taste in men. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Talk about “walk of shame”. How exactly do you just leave you’re effin’ boots?  Does one just leave bare foot?

I can see production coming in early and wanting to set up, some, such as a female, wanting to primp and pretty before filming, and then climbing back into bed to shoot the “wake up” scene. I can also see hungover Craig and Shep not giving a shit, opening door for production setup and then getting back and bed and actually sleeping, thereby filming what would look like a real “wake up scene.”

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

IIRC, she's confessed to past disordered eating. But she lost a TON of weight between the time we first saw her (already thin) and when this was filmed last fall.

Not sure about timing, but I thought she looked better here than at the reunion. But she had that big hat and was covered up in this ep. She looked like a frightened chihuahua at the reunion though. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Stan39 said:

Not sure about timing, but I thought she looked better here than at the reunion. But she had that big hat and was covered up in this ep. She looked like a frightened chihuahua at the reunion though. 

Indeed.  She looked  haggard at the reunion.

I like her hair better this season.

I think Eliza is right, Thomas brings out the worst in the women he dates. Kathryn was a very different person at the beginning of Southern Charm than she is now. If you look back at season 1 and 2 and 3, she was much more open, much more trusting, much friendlier. She's a lot more private and guarded now. 

I think it's manifested differently in Ashley, because they are different people, but yeah. I don't think Ashley knows how to dig her way out of the hole she's dug for herself, even though she so desperately wants to. She gets defensive and says some crazy shit. But if she's not sorry or ready to own her part in the whole thing, she shouldn't have come to Eliza's thing. 

• Love 5
On 7/11/2019 at 10:56 PM, slowpoked said:

Craig has really come unhinged this season.

Craig reminds me of a guy I used to be friends with - sensitive, likes to gossip, makes excuses and gets defensive over his failures, has no problem telling Austin he thinks the love of his life is using him, but can not handle it when people are blunt with him about his own love (when they told him they think Naiomi is happy in her current relationship, he did NOT take it well) and he makes up shit about her missing him/the relationship to make himself feel better. 

I think his chat with Naomi helped give him a sense of closure, though. I think he's probably over her by now, but maybe he wasn't back then and I'm sure having to film with her and see her all the time doesn't help things. 

7 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

Craig reminds me of a guy I used to be friends with - sensitive, likes to gossip, makes excuses and gets defensive over his failures, has no problem telling Austin he thinks the love of his life is using him, but can not handle it when people are blunt with him about his own love (when they told him they think Naiomi is happy in her current relationship, he did NOT take it well) and he makes up shit about her missing him/the relationship to make himself feel better. 

I think his chat with Naomi helped give him a sense of closure, though. I think he's probably over her by now, but maybe he wasn't back then and I'm sure having to film with her and see her all the time doesn't help things. 

I get that it’s hard being on the show and in the same friend group as your ex, but I found the whole “no closure” thing a cop out. Where was that explanation before last week? I’d never heard him express that. Plus, in 2019 closure seems like an ancient relic. I realize they were serious and thinking about marriage, but I could easily see this happening in real life where one person just ghosts the other person without even telling him/her that it’s over. I know I’m a cynic, but I think we’re discovering just how cowardly people behave when they realize there aren’t really consequences for treating people poorly. 

And as for Ashley, she (like other reality stars before her) needs to get off this show and seek professional help (not one of those Bravo psychologists who agrees to conduct therapy sessions on TV). 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I get that it’s hard being on the show and in the same friend group as your ex, but I found the whole “no closure” thing a cop out. Where was that explanation before last week? I’d never heard him express that. Plus, in 2019 closure seems like an ancient relic. I realize they were serious and thinking about marriage, but I could easily see this happening in real life where one person just ghosts the other person without even telling him/her that it’s over. I know I’m a cynic, but I think we’re discovering just how cowardly people behave when they realize there aren’t really consequences for treating people poorly. 

And as for Ashley, she (like other reality stars before her) needs to get off this show and seek professional help (not one of those Bravo psychologists who agrees to conduct therapy sessions on TV). 

he's expressed it multiple times, in so many words. He said she just left, without explanation. Like, there was no breakup talk, none of that, she just left. Lack of closure does suck, especially when you have to see your ex in social or work settings all the time. 

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

he's expressed it multiple times, in so many words. He said she just left, without explanation. Like, there was no breakup talk, none of that, she just left. Lack of closure does suck, especially when you have to see your ex in social or work settings all the time. 

But she has said that’s not true and that they had multiple discussions about it. And he said he felt he got this mythical closure after the chat at Eliza’s but they didn’t discuss anything about the breakup.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

But she has said that’s not true and that they had multiple discussions about it. And he said he felt he got this mythical closure after the chat at Eliza’s but they didn’t discuss anything about the breakup.

I agree with this, more. We’ve seen Craig and Naomi interact multiple times after breaking up (there was basically a whole season on it), so for him to all of a sudden claim it now then have one more conversation at Eliza’s just seems like BS. 

• Love 4
(edited)

Craig is incapable of getting in a new relationship and just blames everything on “not being over Naomie”. A year later? He needs serious help. He always seems drunk/ hungover/dirty/personality disordered. 

The Ashley thing was so scripted and fake. Chelsea, Austen and Kathryn at the barre studio: “do you think Ashley will show up at Eliza’s skeet shooting?” Gee...I don’t know...(sarcasm) 

Of COURSE Chelsea had to put Austen down for not measuring up, shooting skeet. She’s such a hard-ass, and sort of “redneck” herself so why does elitist Shep even associate with her....? Interesting...

Ashley stayed in Charleston just *hoping* to get asked to be a cast member on the show. Sorry Ash, no one wants to see your batshit and desperate mug on their screen. I bet she tried every angle under the sun. “I could sleep with Whitney and get pregnant”, “I could start dating Chip Limehouse”, “I could be the girl that gets Shep to settle down”. 

Thank God Whitney hates her and will never bring her on board, lol. 

Edited by Sage47
  • Love 4

Speaking of Madisons they should add Madison the owner of Gwynn’s as at least a friend of, I love the way she handled Ashley. “You came up to our table and called her a bitch”, and her looks were golden!

Agreed - I liked her!

That Don guy (Eliza's boyfriend) gives me rapey vibes. He seems so weird. He stares at Cam & Chelsea like he's about to eat them. 

Thank you!  He was giving Chelsea the total up and down look.  He was practically drooling.  Gross.  

Ashley's hat reminded me of something someone in The Black Crowes wore in 1992, 

Yes!  I kept wishing someone would tell her to go back to whatever Aerosmith concert she stumbled out of.  She looked like such a try-hard.  

I don't mind Eliza.  I'd be interested to see more of her at the hotel (which did look a bit shabby?).  For Real Housewives of New York fans, I'd like to get Eliza's Mom and Dale in the same room and see who would come out alive.  My biggest criticism of Eliza was how she handled Ashley at the party.  First, she should have immediately gotten up and greeted her and had her join her table.  Instead, she just kept glancing over at her like she too was avoiding the crazy.  Then, (although she did question it, but ultimately didn't do it) she should have told Ashley to leave.  That it was a mistake to have invited her.  But alas, this is a show and the drama needed to ensue.  

In real life, these people would just walk away, not let things escalate.

Exactly.  I kept yelling at the screen for them to just turn their backs and excuse themselves from her presence, but that wouldn't be good for t.v.

• Love 2
On 7/12/2019 at 11:39 PM, biakbiak said:

But she doesn’t drink so much very often that’s why they were tickled about her on her birthday. In six seasons that’s only about the third time she has gotten noticeably drunk. Once at a party at JDs restaurant first or second season and once at Patricia’s when she had a big party. It’s whyShep and Craig call her lame.

I'm not saying there's a problem, but it did take me a little off gyard when she forbade her mother from drinking a cocktail in her home AFTER she returned home, because the baby was there! It's her child and the babysitting was over, yet Cameran was having herself a nice cold one while denying her mother one. Lol

• Love 2
On 7/10/2019 at 7:14 PM, breezy424 said:

I do question whether or not Naomi and Metul will last.  She's does act differently with him.  A little too submissive.   Not the real Naomi. 

Unfortunately I do too. I really want them to work because she wants it so much but she seems so desperate and needy. I wonder if his parents don't approve...

I can see the reality show being a red flag then her ex-boyfriend is also on it may not sit well with them. I'm confused at such a beautiful, accomplished woman being so insecure.

• Love 3

Yeah, I don't think Naomi is going after a man for money really.  I mean, it doesn't hurt, but, I think she wants a quality guy...a good person, who acts like an adult.  Sadly, some of those people are narcissists and they will eat you alive in a relationship, because, they derive their joy from degrading their partner.  I know it sounds crazy, but, I've seen it. Very bizarre.  I hope she listens. The trick is they get their hooks in you, before they really show their true colors.   

• Love 2

Way late to this episode party but I was so hoping Chelsea would just throw a hand in the air and yell, “Yo! Eliza! Come get your crazy bitch!”

I miss Naomie’s old nose.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 7/18/2019 at 1:34 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I don't think Naomi is going after a man for money really.  I mean, it doesn't hurt, but, I think she wants a quality guy...a good person, who acts like an adult.  Sadly, some of those people are narcissists and they will eat you alive in a relationship, because, they derive their joy from degrading their partner.  I know it sounds crazy, but, I've seen it. Very bizarre.  I hope she listens. The trick is they get their hooks in you, before they really show their true colors.   

Or, they just have unreasonably high standards and nothing their partner says or does is ever good enough for them. They expect perfection and they feel anything less is grounds for them to scold or lecture or express their displeasure/contempt in some other way. Metul seems like one of those guys. 

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Or, they just have unreasonably high standards and nothing their partner says or does is ever good enough for them. They expect perfection and they feel anything less is grounds for them to scold or lecture or express their displeasure/contempt in some other way. Metul seems like one of those guys. 

Yeah, but, even if someone does thing exactly the way the want and it seems perfect, they STILL don't like it and criticize, because, they hate it when their partner outshines them.  THEY have to be top dog.  There is no winning with this type of person.  I hope Metul is not really this way, but, if not, he's done a good job at portraying it. 

• Love 3
On 7/10/2019 at 10:02 PM, Pickles said:

Naomi seems pretty desperate to eventually lock Metul down into a marriage. Taking up meditation, because his parents meditate. Cooking Indian food. Saying she will never, ever find anyone as good as Metul again. Saying more than once that she hopes to marry him. Not going on the Colorado trip, because she doesn't want to disrespect Metul. Seriously, the trip is for the show and 8-10 other people are going, plus all of the Bravo film crew. She won't be forced to share a room with Craig. It seems like Naomi is tiptoeing around, so she won't "ruin" her chances to land Metul as her husband.

I wouldn't really think twice about Naomi not wanting to go on the trip because of her relationship if we didn't have all of the other scenes of Metul being a dick.  When they're all put together, it seems like a pretty bad pattern and makes it seem like he's controlling and she is perhaps afraid that if she went on the trip he would have an issue with it and the relationship would end.  

On the other hand, if we just saw them doing the stuff we've seen so far without the negative comments, and then she said that it was a new relationship, Craig is volatile and she just wasn't ready to do a trip with him at this point, I'd be like, ok, that makes sense to me.  I can see that.  

On 7/14/2019 at 8:12 PM, SheTalksShit said:

We saw them go through therapy, where they discussed their issues and Naomi said that if things didn't change, she couldn't keep going with the relationship.  We saw Craig continue to belittle her and treat her like a child.  We also saw the meeting they had at a restaurant, it was outdoors, and she ended up getting up and walking away, clearly saying "I'm done, I can't do this anymore"  Craig may feel like he didn't have closure, but that's because things didn't happen on the very limited terms that Craig decided they needed to be.  He simply doesn't accept anything that isn't within the realm of his reality.  Like a deadline, if Patricia said I need pillows by this time, he's like, but what does it matter if I get it to you in 2 more months? That's just an arbitrary rule you're setting.  So they did have the closure conversations multiple times, he just doesn't accept them and feels he can continue to demand that they have them until he is satisfied.  If Naomi won't give in and have them, it must mean she still wants him because she can't face being with him.  And there, in a nutshell is the problem they had in the first place, everything gets twisted into Craig's reality, if he doesn't agree, he is just going to insist and try to wear you down until you give in. 

• Love 3