Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I think she meant the year she was born but never sure when Whoopi speaks. 🤷🏻‍♀️

She said "I'm '55, baby." I did a double take, too, but realized in context she was talking about being old enough to remember schools being desegregated. Kamala Harris was born in '64.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

She said "I'm '55, baby." I did a double take, too, but realized in context she was talking about being old enough to remember schools being desegregated. Kamala Harris was born in '64.

I thought she said she is a 55 baby which would make her 64 which I think that is her age.

• Love 1
(edited)
17 hours ago, falltime said:

Did Whoopi say she was 55 or 65? I heard 55 so maybe she was being sarcastic.

I heard that too and think she's more confused than she (or ABC/Disney) realizes.  Let's hope her confusion lets her forget who her "Baby" is.

Edited by HaaCHOO
OH! I always read from the bottom up. "A 55-baby" makes more sense. Never mind.
  • LOL 2
16 hours ago, A.J. said:

For the life of me I can't get how they keep someone who is excessively rude  to all the hosts (at one time or another) except Whoopi, berates the audience and continues to be beyond unprofessional.  

I just spoke about them to my best friend (since 1948!) yesterday and we think the same way about so many things.  I was disappointed to learn that she "likes" Meghan because she helps us understand Trump's base.  I asked WHY anyone needs help understanding THAT!  She also said, "Whoopi's my girl."  EGAD!  So... there are probably millions like her and that's why the excessively rude snot and confused "moderator" will be there forever.  Perhaps WE are the minority.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I just spoke about them to my best friend (since 1948!) yesterday and we think the same way about so many things.  I was disappointed to learn that she "likes" Meghan because she helps us understand Trump's base.  I asked WHY anyone needs help understanding THAT!  She also said, "Whoopi's my girl."  EGAD!  So... there are probably millions like her and that's why the excessively rude snot and confused "moderator" will be there forever.  Perhaps WE are the minority.

LOL. 

Is your friend my mother? I had a very similar conversation with her some time ago. I had asked her if she had caught The View that morning and she said she turned it off because MM was absent and so she knew it was gonna be a boring episode.

AND I was flabbergasted with her love for Whoopi!

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Blissfool said:

LOL. 

Is your friend my mother?

Would your mother like to trade you for my best friend?  I've been a semi-shut-in for (3) years and things are looking GOOD.  Lunches, movies, etc are on the horizon (I'm just sayin').

• Love 3
6 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

HaaaaChoooo...from one old cool coot to another, oh my Lord, there is no hope, we were brought up with manners, hell, I always said yes sir to my Dad and yes ma'am to my Mom.

I was brought up in Arizona (MY home state...and Meghan's) so we didn't say the "Sir" and "Ma'am," but the nuns required that we add, "Sister," to every response: Yes, Sister.  No, Sister.  Sometimes I'd accidentally say that to my mother.  Also, some kids accidentally called the nuns "Mother," or "Mom."  Still we weren't allowed to even roll our eyes, so we were NOT rude.

1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Would your mother like to trade you for my best friend?  I've been a semi-shut-in for (3) years and things are looking GOOD.  Lunches, movies, etc are on the horizon (I'm just sayin').

Aaaand, of course, snarking on MM and Whoopi!

• Love 2
On 7/13/2019 at 2:39 PM, deirdra said:

She was born in 1955 and will be 64 in November.  But a week or so ago she said she was 39 (as a not-funny joke).

When people say they’re 39 it’s a throw back to Jack Benny’s joke. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6