Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
35 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Sunny is done with Megan and I love it.  Sunny seems like the one person other than Whoopie who has tried to get along with Megan,

What about Abby, her best friend/sister?

How quickly she is forgotten!!!

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

WOW!! Everyone look at Sunny when Megs is giving her book choices. Sunny doesn't even look in Meg's direction! Ice Cold, baby. I LOVE it!💘💖

Me too!  Wow, Sunny's body language is so telling.  Not only is she not looking at MM, her body is turned away from her.  It's clear she despises her.  I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.  I don't remember a confrontation between Sunny and MM.  Did I miss something?  I sure have seen confrontations between Joy and MM, but Joy seems to let it roll off her back.  MM has done or said something to Sunny and now Sunny can't stand her.  Or maybe she is just sick of her like the rest of us.

MM's first book was written by a friend of hers, she was basically just pitching it.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
22 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah, they hate that she broke that tradition of only white people being allowed into the family. People point to tradition to deny people their due rights all of the time. Same thing Whoopi and Joy are doing when they tell the squad they should bow to the old timers-tradition -respect and all that shit. Nothing changes like that.  I recall Diana breaking some traditions herself, but everybody seems ok with that now.

Exactly! I remember Diana being criticized for hugging her own children in public or holding a baby who had AIDS.  

Joy disappointed me with her comments about the squad. Whoopie as usual mischaracterized what AOC said.  Nutmeg was loving the rift between the Democrats. I think they will get over it in time.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

Me too!  Wow, Sunny's body language is so telling.  Not only is she not looking at MM, her body is turned away from her.  It's clear she despises her.  I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.  I don't remember a confrontation between Sunny and MM.  Did I miss something?  I sure have seen confrontations between Joy and MM, but Joy seems to let it roll off her back.  MM has done or said something to Sunny and now Sunny can't stand her.  Or maybe she is just sick of her like the rest of us.

MM's first book was written by a friend of hers, she was basically just pitching it.  

I think you should go into the Megan thread where you will find out why Sunny is done with Megan.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Just had to add something to the Meghan Markle discussion....Prince Harry is known to avoid the usual royalty traditions, as he will never be the King. It's only natural that he would want to protect his family from the aggressive British media. He most likely  knows how they hounded his poor mother, Diana, like a pack of wild beasts. What really amazes me is how the Brits now accept Camilla Parker Bowles, but relentlessly find fault with everything Meghan does. Is it because she's a bi-racial American woman???? I kinda feel sorry for her and Harry. 

• Love 20
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ok, but it did feel like I was being called out. I didn't think I was being passive aggressive.  But Maybe I was because I felt called out. This subject isn't that important.  Like I said before Meghan Markle almost never enters my mind.  so, it's a little silly for me to get into a spat about her. I apologize that I was passive aggressive. 

Read more  

As soon as I posted it, I realized that you probably didn't intend the comment to be passive aggressive but maybe felt like your opinion was being invalidated so I edited the part out...clearly not in time, lol. Anyways, all good. No harm, no foul...I just wanted to make sure you knew that there was zero ill intent behind my respond 🙂

This is what I love about this board.  Two members disagreed and resolved the issue with respect and civility.  Now all is well.  If Meghan could learn to disagree without being disagreeable she would be a happier person and would not repel her fans and coworkers. :)

• Love 16
(edited)
7 minutes ago, PennyPie18 said:

Just had to add something to the Meghan Markle discussion....Prince Harry is known to avoid the usual royalty traditions, as he will never be the King. It's only natural that he would want to protect his family from the aggressive British media. He most likely  knows how they hounded his poor mother, Diana, like a pack of wild beasts. What really amazes me is how the Brits now accept Camilla Parker Bowles, but relentlessly find fault with everything Meghan does. Is it because she's a bi-racial American woman???? I kinda feel sorry for her and Harry. 

I saw a  vile picture of Megan Markle with her face darkened and features deformed to look like a monkey with a caption that said, this is what is marrying into the Royal family.. The British Press hates that a Black woman has married into the family..

Harry and his brother hate the press for tormenting their mom and causing her death in Paris..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I am loving Sunny's not subtle at all cold shoulder/body toward NutMeg.  It completely separates her from the others. ❄️

I want to know why NutMeg was not at the table with Katie Couric.  Although I enjoyed her absence immensely.

• Love 15
10 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I saw a picture of Megan Markle with her face darkened and features deformed to look like a monkey with a caption that said, this is what is marrying into the Royal family.. 

The nastiness of people still frightens me. The Royal Family certainly has it's own share of scandals....their history through out the ages is unbelievable, as if they are the embodiment of character and goodness! Meghan is making Harry happy (so far), good for her.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

It's just meghan being the down home redneck whiskey sipping gun shooting country gal. She'll name her kids after cowboys and country singers, y'all. 

And the poor kid named Waylon.  He (or she) will never go a day without somene's asking, "Are you named after Waylon Jennings?" until there are finaly no fans or pseudo fans left. 

4 minutes ago, bannana said:

I want to know why NutMeg was not at the table with Katie Couric.  Although I enjoyed her absence immensely.

?? Because Couric was blamed often and unfairly for the interview that sank the Palin ship ??

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

If Meghan could learn to disagree without being disagreeable she would be a happier person and would not repel her fans and coworkers. :)

It's so HAARRRRRD to disagree with people who can't admit she's right.

33 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

I'd be shocked, I say, shocked! if Meghan isn't mentioned a few times in the book.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:
8 hours ago, xingu said:

She was nothing but an attache-toting pretty girl on Deal or No Deal and a wannabe actress on basic cable. She should count her lucky stars.

Can I sit at a table with you?  I thought I was the only one that didn't like Meghan Markle.  I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about  her.

I'll have to start my own table. I never watched that game show OR "Suits," so I had no preconceived notions.  I did like their Cinderella-ish story and especially like her interviews or when she speaks her mind.  She's a great fashionista and seems like a kind and sensible person.  SHE'S VERY PRETTY!

• Love 18

Oh HaaCHOO.....you are so quick.  I was going to propose that MM is still humping a giant grudge against Katie for showing what a fucking idiot Sarah Palin is and dominoing (is that a word?) the loss for her almighty papa.  I know I wasn’t jumping for joy to think of her being second in line.  And what is she doing today?If you have hbo and want to be entertained watch Game Change.  You won’t be disappointed.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16

It's an all-inclusive table.  Everyone's welcome.   That's why I love you people so much.  I love hearing from other sides.  But I did say she was pretty.  There's no denying that. I mean that she's pretty, not that I said it.

Hey, if it works for Harry and Meghan why should I care.  But I really didn't like the way she treated her father. 

I really thought Whoopi was at her best today; the way she explained herself and the faces she made.  That's the WG I love and admire.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

And the poor kid named Waylon.  He (or she) will never go a day without somene's asking, "Are you named after Waylon Jennings?" until there are finaly no fans or pseudo fans left. 

She should name him "Wailing"- I think we all know why. Or John McCain. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
(edited)

I wonder how weird it was today for Katie Couric to return to the set of her failed talk show.  If Katie hadn't failed, The View would still be taping at that old cesspool of cockroaches and one public ladies restroom.

On a bright note, I think it was really courageous of Sen. Bennet to talk about his prostate cancer.   It's really something that all men should be more aware of.  I can't think of a more personal thing to talk about, but I feel that he is doing this not just for political reasons, but to help educate and save lives.  I just like him. 

Edited by xingu
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, debbie311 said:

Me too!  Wow, Sunny's body language is so telling.  Not only is she not looking at MM, her body is turned away from her.  It's clear she despises her.  I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.  I don't remember a confrontation between Sunny and MM.  Did I miss something? 

On air we say MM say to Sunny "“You don’t have to look at me that way." After that I noticed Sunny giving MM the cold shoulder. I'm guessing something happened bts by that point for MM to be paranoid about how Sunny is looking at her. So now Sunny hardly looks her way.

• Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, xingu said:

I was actually touched today by Whoopi calling out the young/new congresswomen who act like they know everything in their first year in Congress.  As newly-elected Congresswomen they need to realize that they are where they are because they stand on the shoulders of giants like Pelosi.  I think all four of them have been very disrespectful to Nancy Pelosi, and they will pay the price.  Especially, Ms Tlaib's claim to "impeach the motherfucker".  That's just crass.  And she said this to her child. 

Sunny listed the things that Pelosi has said about them in public. Like Sunny said women of color are watching and gauging Pelosi's treatment of these women.  Sunny tried to defend the ladies but Whoopie would not let her talk.  This too shall pass, families fight and get over it.. This is a generational rift with both sides digging in their heels, nothing more..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, bannana said:

She was probably afraid Katie would try a gotcha question with her.  Like ask her something that isn't on her blue card.

• LOL 11
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Yeah, they hate that she broke that tradition of only white people being allowed into the family. People point to tradition to deny people their due rights all of the time. Same thing Whoopi and Joy are doing when they tell the squad they should bow to the old timers-tradition -respect and all that shit. Nothing changes like that.  I recall Diana breaking some traditions herself, but everybody seems ok with that now.

FYI not at all what I’m saying. Yes there have been some racist things said about her but not all of the dislike can be tied to race at all.  And there are many things Which the royal family are expected to do and they have nothing to do with race either.  I don’t think the concerns are race based at this point for most.  She’s acting like an actress/celebrity at this point...nothing to do with race at all.  

• Love 9

For the record I just have to state that my comments about the Duchess have absolutely nothing to do with the color of her skin.  I just don't like her. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, xingu said:

For the record I just have to state that my comments about the Duchess have absolutely nothing to do with the color of her skin.  I just don't like her. 

Of course! people are allowed to dislike her.  I don't think anybody has said that if you dislike Megan you must be a racist..

Of course! people are allowed to dislike her.  I don't think anybody has said that if you dislike Megan you must be a racist..

Well said. Thank you.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I saw a  vile picture of Megan Markle with her face darkened and features deformed to look like a monkey with a caption that said, this is what is marrying into the Royal family.. The British Press hates that a Black woman has married into the family..

Harry and his brother hate the press for tormenting their mom and causing her death in Paris..

Yes, and every photo of Markle in the press or online is met with criticism.  recently it was "she still looks pregnant!"  and "she doesn't know how to hold a baby!"   So, I have sympathy for her just trying to watch a tennis match when her friend was playing.  

I've seen stories saying how miserable Meghan Markle is, supported by photos of her looking unhappy- only the photos were from her TV show days.  

Hey, if it works for Harry and Meghan why should I care.  But I really didn't like the way she treated her father. 

Her relationship with her father has been complicated, but I wouldn't put it all on her.   He has made things difficult. Who is Meghan Markle's dad?  he talked to paparazzi about her, got paid for photos and interviews,  talked about Harry's view of American politics to the press, which was an embarrassment to the royal family, who isn't supposed to make views of other country's politics public. .  And when Meghan sent him a letter saying how she felt about his actions, he made the letter public - the letter in which she begged him to stop talking to the press about her and Harry.

• Love 17
10 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

I think this would certainly alarm most security staff and personally would move beyond what I think someone in the public eye should expect.

This guy is not just taking a selfie or trying to take a picture of a tennis player. He's less than a foot away from her.

meghan.jpg

Actually if you zoom in you can clearly see the screen on the man's cell phone, and he is taking a selfie. You see his face on the right and the tennis court behind him. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I never put it all on her.  Her father is an ass.  But he's her father.  He never abused her physically or sexually.  So her father sold some stories and made some money.  Get over it Duchess.  You've done plenty of things for money.  Family situations are complicated, but if you know you are going to be in the spotlight, would it really kill you to be kind?  The man has few years left, why make a spectacle of the situation? 

Meghan Markle, that look went out with Michael Jackson in the '80s.

And you owe that man an apology.  Talk about Fake News.

Edited by xingu

I have heard that Where The Crawdads Sing is a very good book,but, I agree if Megs had actually read it, she wouldn’t have had to struggle with the explanation as to what it’s about.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Bronzedog said:

I have heard that Where The Crawdads Sing is a very good book,but, I agree if Megs had actually read it, she wouldn’t have had to struggle with the explanation as to what it’s about.

Or, she could have done what most professionals do, practice reading the teleprompter before going live on air.

I really enjoyed her ineptitude, but I enjoyed even more watching Joy and Sunny silently chuckling at NutMeg flubbing her big moment and then getting flustered about it. 😆❄️

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

Actually if you zoom in you can clearly see the screen on the man's cell phone, and he is taking a selfie. You see his face on the right and the tennis court behind him. 

That’s hilarious. He probably didn’t even know it was the duchess. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)

"So the week of the wedding to hear about you having a heart attack through a tabloid was horrifying. I called and texted…I begged you to accept help — we sent someone to your home…and instead of speaking to me to accept this or any help, you stopped answering your phone and chose to only speak to tabloids,'' the letter read.

"We" sent someone to your home?  Good God, she was already using the Royal "WE".  Why didn't she get off her ass, and go see him?  She had every transportation known to man at her disposal.  She was practically a member of the royal family and claims to have heard of her father's heart attack via the tabloids?  Bitch, please.  Does she know MI-5 and 6?

Or maybe her father was suffering from depression and anxiety.  Are we to do away with family members if they suffer from mental illness?.

Unless you are the Brady's I think most children have problems with their step-siblings.

Edited by xingu
  • Love 3
41 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:
4 hours ago, Pop Tart said:

This guy is not just taking a selfie or trying to take a picture of a tennis player. He's less than a foot away from her.

selfienotmarkle.png

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, NotinKansasanymore said:

I didn't notice that - but even so, there's no way that she or her security people would have any way of knowing that he's not taking a picture of her. If someone came up to me and was standing a foot away with their hands holding a phone outstretched towards my face, I'd assume they were taking a picture of me. 

And regardless of what he's taking a picture of he is still right up in her space.

If the royal security protocols are anything like those of the secret service then they probably don't comment on why the security is done the way it is. So it could be that she asked for the empty seats. But it could also be that her security did so. And just because Kate M. didn't have empty seats around her doesn't mean it wasn't the right call for Meghan. 

Disliking the Duchess doesn't mean you're racist but racists do have a major problem with her and she has had more threats made against her than other members of the royal family. So if your protect-ee has had more threats, then the security protocol is going to be more stringent.

It could also be that she asked for the space. Certainly. I'd just argue that there's a whole lot we don't know and no matter what she does she gets hit pieces written about her. 

• Love 24
3 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

And regardless of what he's taking a picture of he is still right up in her space.

True, AND some of us "old folks"  can't figure out the damn phone and how to switch from taking a photo of what's in front of you and taking a selfie.  (speaking only for myself, of course)

• LOL 5
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, xingu said:

Whether we like it or not, the House is considered Congress.  Why?  I have no idea.

Oh, I do.  We have a dumb ass media feeding us half-truths and misinformation on a daily basis.  (I'm looking at you McCain and Goldberg!)  Just because mass media cretins drown us with their mediocre knowledge and low wattage intelligence, I'll still maintain the use of correct language when I can.

• Love 8

Sarah wrote: "I'm not a Sunny fan, so I wish she would."

I am a Sunny fan - the coyness, not so much. But I wish she would drop the reparations question. It's not a winning issue and these are desperate times.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, xingu said:

I was actually touched today by Whoopi calling out the young/new congresswomen who act like they know everything in their first year in Congress.  As newly-elected Congresswomen they need to realize that they are where they are because they stand on the shoulders of giants like Pelosi.  I think all four of them have been very disrespectful to Nancy Pelosi, and they will pay the price.  Especially, Ms Tlaib's claim to "impeach the motherfucker".  That's just crass.  And she said this to her child. 

They're also under a media spotlight in ways no one else is in the House are, especially AOC and Omar (the latter of which is my rep) -- FOX News is especially obsessed any time one of them sneezes. Props to The View for at least attempting to have a real conversation about them, pros and cons.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

They're also under a media spotlight in ways no one else is in the House are, especially AOC and Omar (the latter of which is my rep) -- FOX News Meghan is especially obsessed any time one of them sneezes. 

Fixed that for ya. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 6

I don't really care for any of the royals. They're like Meghan McCain, the spoiled rich, born with a silver spoon. Diana's death was horrible, and I felt badly for her sons. There is something off about Meghan Markle. I don't care about her race. I think she's beautiful. Maybe it's the actress in her seeking attention? 

I don't see why Meghan McCain would like Where the Crawdads Sing besides it being popular. I was attracted to it because it was set in rural NC where I'm from. It's about a poor outcast dealing with rejection and hardship. Maybe Meghan McCain feels like an outcast on the show? lol

• Love 3

I was actually at Wimbledon during my trip to Europe. Only Centre Court has a royal box, there are 18 courts. Kate was watching a British player on an outdoor court where there is no reserved seating and no royal box. Meghan was there on centre early in the tournament watching a women’s match. The royal box is usually half empty, even for Roger Federer's match on Wednesday it was deserted. It is at its fullest on middle Saturday when lots of sports celebrities are invited and for the finals although as soon as the singles final is over it clears out and is mostly empty during the doubles final. Meghan would have had more trouble trying to fill the seats for an early round women’s match! Finally, the royal box entrance is of course private and not accessible to the public but the box is surrounded by public seating and they do not require any security clearance for those sitting behind/to the side. 

I mention that because it does bother me how people will use any little thing and turn it against Meghan M. I don’t follow the British royal family and as a proud Irishwoman I have little time for them. I do however find the treatment of Meghan by the press and the public appalling. Imo a lot of it is misogyny. As usual her husband who is a very non traditional royal is rarely mentioned, he’s well liked and thought of as a cool dude or even an innocent who was snared by this evil social climber. If you have a problem with Meghan being non traditional, being American, being an actress etc etc then I assume you also have a problem with her husband. I use general you here not anyone on this forum, the general you who has something bad to say about Meghan’s every move. Maybe I’m old and jaded but I’m sick and tired of women being bombarded with hatred and men getting a free pass. The press and the 24/7 obsessive coverage killed Lady Di but I guess the world has learned nothing from that. 

The Brits are also very liberal people who could care less about “tradition” in general. They are not at all the stuffy traditionalists that many Americans imagine them to be. 

Heres a pic I took during Sir Andy Murray’s match, even he didn’t fill the box. 

03AD0453-128D-40B9-90D2-419D7F56BBF8.jpeg

• Useful 2
  • Love 21

I laughed today when Bennet was making a point and brought up that he and John McCain had drafted a Bill and Meghan cuts in and says “thank you” 🤣 Did she really think he was only mentioning John for her benefit? I guess she did. And then having sat silently scowling at him she now tells him he’s winning her over.  It’s unusual for a female child to be so identified with the father and his achievements but I think it would do Meghan the world of good to get out of politics and go do something else with her life and achieve something in her own right. Hint, hint! If she wasn’t so darn rude and bratty I’d feel sorry for her. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

?? Because Couric was blamed often and unfairly for the interview that sank the Palin ship ??

Nah.  You know all of her kids will be named Johnmccain. Johnmcain1, Johnmccain2, Johnmccain3.  And, none of them will have nicknames.  Plus, between Big Meg and her husband, they will be very large Johnmccains.

• LOL 11
  • Love 5

Joy - It looks like she did have an eyelid job.  Being Italian myself and knowing that Italian lids can be come invasive as you age I do think she had it done when she had her cataract surgery.  I had mine done in my 30s while they were fixing a scar.  It was done by an Dr. of Ophthalmology/plastic surgeon.

• Useful 3
  • Love 1