Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I've got news for Meghan Markle, as long as you are sucking at the teat of British taxpayers you should follow protocol.  That means smiling politely and dressing appropriately.  I can just see the Queen saying (in Whoopi's British accent): "No photographs, please. I just want to be left alone."  That's the job you signed up for.  And, yes, it is a job.  Every outfit you wear, every piece of food you put in your mouth, every security person in your detail, every tissue you blow your nose in was paid for by the hard working men and women of the UK.  SUCK IT UP! 

So what happened to the photographer who took that pic at Wimbledon?  Was he dragged to the Tower of London and beheaded?  Meghan honey, Marie Antoinette had nothing on you.

She was nothing but an attache-toting pretty girl on Deal or No Deal and a wannabe actress on basic cable. She should count her lucky stars.

She reminds me of Wallis Simpson; another scourge on the royal family*.  And look how that turned out.

I give this marriage three years max.

I fully admit my ignorance.  Even after Googling, I have no idea what evangelicals are.  Are all protestants evangelicals? Can a Catholic be one?  Is this what we formerly called the "religious right"?

I'm not one to usually criticize one's looks, but good gravy what the hell happened to Alex Acosta's head? Was he dropped down a flight of stairs at 2 months, and then dropped repeatedly every two months thereafter?  Well, that would at least explain his idiocy.

Can I just add one more thing?  I know it's not popular and I know people won't like it. (Trademark MM), but I love MM clothes.  I love prints and florals on larger than average women. But geez, MegNut your belt popped.  It happens.  You reacted like a 7 foot cobra attacked you. 

* Not that I have any respect for the royal family.  I think they are all a bunch of inbreds who treated my ancestors (Irish) horribly.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, xingu said:

She was nothing but an attache-toting pretty girl on Deal or No Deal and a wannabe actress on basic cable. She should count her lucky stars.

Can I sit at a table with you?  I thought I was the only one that didn't like Meghan Markle.  I can't put my finger on it but there is just something I don't like about  her.

Meghan is wrong about the number of Evangelicals being "massive".  They are 25% of the US population.   And while it is true that is the most of any religion people who don't identify with any religion is 22% and growing.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What is disgusting is MM feels a need to protect Trump and his party - despite her dislike of him.

How does one come to that conclusion?

This is what I can't understand.  It really is just. bizarre .

I haven't watched but still enjoy reading all the comments and clips.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, maggiemae said:

What is disgusting is MM feels a need to protect Trump and his party - despite her dislike of him.

How does one come to that conclusion?

Tribalism.

• Love 15
(edited)

You are always welcome at my table. 

Regarding MM, ours not the British one.  Here's something to ponder:  I hate North Korea, not the people, but the regime.  This is the point Joy has been trying to make.  She doesn't question individual Repubs, but the leaders of the party.  NutMeg's arrogance, petulance and superior attitude makes me sick.

As Hyacinth Bucket (It's Bou-Kay) said:  "If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are."

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 13
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, xingu said:

I've got news for Meghan Markle, as long as you are sucking at the teat of British taxpayers you should follow protocol.  That means smiling politely and dressing appropriately.  I can just see the Queen saying (in Whoopi's British accent): "No photographs, please. I just want to be left alone."  That's the job you signed up for.  And, yes, it is a job.  Every outfit you wear, every piece of food you put in your mouth, every security person in your detail, every tissue you blow your nose in was paid for by the hard working men and women of the UK.  SUCK IT UP! 

So what happened to the photographer who took that pic at Wimbledon?  Was he dragged to the Tower of London and beheaded?  Meghan honey, Marie Antoinette had nothing on you.

She reminds me of Wallis Simpson; another scourge on the royal family*.  And look how that turned out.

I fully admit my ignorance.  Even after Googling, I have no idea what evangelicals are.  Are all protestants evangelicals? Can a Catholic be one?  Is this what we formerly called the "religious right"?

I'm not one to usually criticize one's looks, but good gravy what the hell happened to Alex Acosta's head? Was he dropped down a flight of stairs at 2 months, and then dropped repeatedly every two months thereafter?  Well, that would at least explain his idiocy.

Can I just add one more thing?  I know it's not popular and I know people won't like it. (Trademark MM), but I love MM clothes.  I love prints and florals on larger than average women. But geez, MegNut your belt popped.  It happens.  You reacted like a 7 foot cobra attacked you. 

* Not that I have any respect for the royal family.  I think they are all a bunch of inbreds who treated my ancestors (Irish) horribly.

Me too! (The part I've underlined) I've been saying that since they started the relationship!  She will stall on giving up her citizenship and after a baby or two will high tail it back to LA.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, xingu said:

Table for three please. I’m getting pounded about this very topic on the View’s social media page for saying (not as good as you) pretty much the same thing. 

• Love 5

Regarding the Meghan Markle topic. I didn't watch them discuss it. But from what I understand and having watched the Talk discuss it. It wasn't that Meghan didn't want her picture taken as much as the man who left his seat and entered her space to take the pic. That is when her security stepped in to stop him. I thought people were snapping pics from where they sat. Like I said I didnt watch the view so dont know if they touched on that.

I dont care about Meghan Markle but I can see the difference between someone just snapping pics and someone getting in your space. 

• Love 23

I’m getting pounded about this very topic on the View’s social media page for saying (not as good as you) pretty much the same thing. 

You are much braver than I for entering the sanctum of the View's social media page.  But I thank you for doing so. 

• Love 5
(edited)

It wasn't that Meghan didn't want her picture taken as much as the man who left his seat and entered her space to take the pic. That is when her security stepped in to stop him. I thought people were snapping pics from where they sat.

This is total palace PR/Bullshit.  From the International Business Times:

Meghan Markle made a wrong move at Wimbledon after the photo snub scandal.

The Duchess of Sussex is making headlines after her security staff claimed to have asked spectators at Wimbledon to refrain from taking pictures of her because she was there in a private capacity. Markle made a surprise appearance at the tournament to support her friend Serena Williams.

However, in the zoomed-in photos shared by Express, the spectator was actually not taking photos of the Duchess of Sussex. Instead, he was taking a selfie and the former “Suits” star was not found on the screen.

He might have taken a photo of Markle later, but he was mainly concerned about getting a photo of himself at one of the tennis’ biggest tournaments.

PR consultant Sally Jones who was in the same row as Markle’s confirmed that they were asked by staff to not take photos. She added that she didn’t notice Markle until her staff requested them to refrain from taking photos of the duchess.

Dear Duchess of Nothing, we fought a war to get rid of the likes of you* back in 1776,  you aren't all that.  Get over yourself.  Not everything is about you.  God forbid, an actual tennis fan, wanted to have a picture of himself at Wimbledon. 

She reminds me so much of Ivanka's self-entitlement I could puke.

* The monarchy, not Markle personally.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, xingu said:

This is total palace PR/Bullshit. 

Dear Duchess of Nothing,  you aren't all that.  Get over yourself.  Not everything is about you.

Ok. Like I said, I don't care one way or another about Meghan Markle. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Third day in a row that Sunny holds back during the entrance and lets Meghan get far ahead of the pack as they walk out.  😄

In my imagination, sunny turns to joy and says, "why do I always have to sit next to her, why don't you take a turn?"

• LOL 20
  • Love 3
(edited)

I was so happy to hear someone on TV (my beloved Joy!) finally acknowledge Trump’s constant use of the incorrect phrase ‘feel badly’ vs ‘feel bad’. It is such a pet peeve of mine! He’s such a genius! 

Worse, I’ve heard journalists and lawyers on TV repeat his incorrect phrase  while discussing whatever he felt BAD about; surely, they know better?

I told my kids you ‘feel badly’ if something happened to your fingertips that affects your sense of touch! 😀

Edited by Eileen Dover
  • LOL 3
  • Love 19

Already sorry Joy and STFU Whoopi. Just because some people have served forever, doesn't mean they deserve their asses kissed 24/7. Nancy calls out her colleagues more than the man in the White House. Most of us are watching him get away with murder while they do nothing. Shut up and start doing the damn job.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, bannana said:

Of course NutMeg couldn't let that alone.  Joy landed a very good joke and got a lot of applause, and NutMeg had to whine that Joy cannot go one segment without mentioning Trump.

Which would have been a great opportunity for Joy to comment about her mentioning....wait for it....HER FATHER!!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, xingu said:

And I'm sure she's fine with that. With this marriage, she got the fame and notoriety that every starlet in Hollywood craves. After the divorce she will be free, but livung in luxury with Britain's version of alimony, child support, and her very own royal baby.

4 hours ago, xingu said:

I agree. I imagine the modern version of Game of Thrones' Faith Militant. 

4 hours ago, xingu said:

But geez, MegNut your belt popped.  It happens.  You reacted like a 7 foot cobra attacked you. 

I think it was more the fact that it popped when she was discussing her chosen baby names. Waylon? Funny that as recently as a couple of weeks ago she was constantly reminding us that she doesn't want children. Now she has baby names all picked out. 🤔

2 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Regarding the Meghan Markle topic. I didn't watch them discuss it. But from what I understand and having watched the Talk discuss it. It wasn't that Meghan didn't want her picture taken as much as the man who left his seat and entered her space to take the pic. That is when her security stepped in to stop him. I thought people were snapping pics from where they sat. Like I said I didnt watch the view so dont know if they touched on that.

I dont care about Meghan Markle but I can see the difference between someone just snapping pics and someone getting in your space. 

I've read both versions. In some articles she didn't want the photogs invading her space. In others, she didn't want ANY photos taken. Of course when Sunny tried to bring this up, Whoopi shut her down and told her she was wrong.

• Love 6

Not to anthropomorphize an inanimate object, but if  I were a belt and some evil wardrobe person forced me to sit on Meghan's "waist", i would be struggling mightily to pop myself off of it!

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
(edited)

I wonder if the McCain family receives royalties everytime someone says "John McCain" on The View? That would explain a lot.

I also wonder if Megs isn't joining in on the Katie Couric interview is because Katie once said that Cindy McCain looks like a husky? Or because of the "gotcha" Sarah Palin interview?

Edited by rickhurst3186
Additional information
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 6
26 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

My God, Meghan looks like she weighs 300lbs in that photo at the pool.

My only question is what that had to do with the subject of the woman taken off the plane. 

I thought Meg’s reading list consisted of Ben’s website and Jack Daniels labels. 

• LOL 16
  • Love 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

How does someone enter 'her space'? What is that defined as?  She's sitting in a public stadium where the seats to your left and right are connected together and the seats in front and behind you are an arm's length away. Even if she ensures that nobody but her entourage is seated next to her, I don't think that qualifies it to be 'her space'.  It's a public space, just like its the public funds that service her royal lifestyle. Unless someone shoved their camera in her face (which I totally understand would be an invasion of her space), her request comes across as entitled and insulting. It's no one's problem if she's overwhelmed with what she signed up for. Her entire purpose as part of that family is to be a public figurehead and for all of the benefits she enjoys, it was her, and her that chose to sacrifice her privacy. Not saying she shouldn't go out and enjoy herself, but she should certainly be in the mental space to be prepared to share the public space...with the public. I understand you're also just passing along information mentioned, particularly with reference to 'her space', I just question what that even means when the media uses that language to rationalize her request. The expectation of what your space really depends on where you are. My space in a public bathroom stall covers more area than my space at an arena when I'm around other members of the public watching a sporting event.

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, rickhurst3186 said:

WOW!! Everyone look at Sunny when Megs is giving her book choices. Sunny doesn't even look in Meg's direction! Ice Cold, baby. I LOVE it!💘💖

I haven't been watching. I tuned today to see. Sen Michael Bennet. Stuck around for the rest of the show. 

Lol, Sunny really is giving Meghan the cold shoulder it so obvious 😄

Meghan skipping the KC interview hmmm, interesting. 

Meghan's first book choice wtf?🙄

Watching Sunny ignore MM was worth having to hear John McCain name once again being brought up.

• Love 10
(edited)
24 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

How does someone enter 'her space'? What is that defined as?  She's sitting in a public stadium where the seats to your left and right are connected together and the seats in front and behind you are an arm's length away. Even if she ensures that nobody but her entourage is seated next to her, I don't think that qualifies it to be 'her space'.  It's a public space, just like its the public funds that service her royal lifestyle. Unless someone shoved their camera in her face (which I totally understand would be an invasion of her space), her request comes across as entitled and insulting. It's no one's problem if she's overwhelmed with what she signed up for. Her entire purpose as part of that family is to be a public figurehead and for all of the benefits she enjoys, it was her, and her that chose to sacrifice her privacy. Not saying she shouldn't go out and enjoy herself, but she should certainly be in the mental space to be prepared to share the public space...with the public. I understand you're also just passing along information mentioned, particularly with reference to 'her space', I just question what that even means when the media uses that language to rationalize her request. The expectation of what your space really depends on where you are. My space in a public bathroom stall covers more area than my space at an arena when I'm around other members of the public watching a sporting event.

I don't know.  I guess everyone has a different idea of personal space. I guess mine is if someone stands in front of me and takes a picture.  I was just asking if they mentioned that. I obviously didn't realize there was so much disdain for Markle.  Sorry I brought up something other than she sucks. 

Sen. Bennet sounded good today. I'm still on the fence with so many of these candidates but it is nice to have them on especially those that don't get much publicity. 

• Love 18
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I don't know.  I guess everyone has a different idea of personal space. I guess mine is if someone stands in front of me and takes a picture.  I was just asking if they mentioned that. I obviously didn't realize there was so much disdain for Markle.  Sorry I brought up something other than she sucks. 

Sen. Bennet sounded good today. I'm still on the fence with so many of these candidates but it is nice to have them on even those that don't get much publicity. 

My response has nothing to do with my feelings about Markle (but for the record, I certainly don't dislike her...and I think the publicity she's gotten since getting to London has been unfair). Truly, I wasn't calling you out for having a differing view, only sharing that even in the media's efforts to rationalize her picture request, it still doesn't ring very reasonable to me and I stated my reasons why. If you feel differently that's fine but I tried to be very clear that I wasn't challenging YOUR point of view, I was challenging the media sentiment about 'her space'. 

Edited by RHJunkie
  • Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I obviously didn't realize there was so much disdain for Markle.  Sorry I brought up something other than she sucks. 

I, too, am surprised at all the hate for her. I am not in that group. I have little interest in royalty generally speaking, so I don't read everything.  If her marriage ends, it will be because of all the racism she is facing from not only the Brits, but also Americans.   I don't want anyone standing around me taking photos so I totally get it. Saying that she is acting snobbish because of this sounds a whole lot like calling a black woman uppity for standing up for herself. 

Edited by GiveMeSpace
missed a word
  • Love 18
1 minute ago, RHJunkie said:

My response has nothing to do with my feelings about Markle (but for the record, I certainly don't dislike her...and I think the publicity she's gotten since getting to London has been unfair) so the passive aggressive response is not needed. Truly, I wasn't calling you out for having a differing view, only sharing that even in the media's efforts to rationalize her picture request, it still doesn't ring very reasonable to me and I stated my reasons why. If you feel differently that's fine but I tried to be very clear that I wasn't challenging YOUR point of view, I was challenging the media sentiment about 'her space'. 

Ok, but it did feel like I was being called out. I didn't think I was being passive aggressive.  But Maybe I was because I felt called out. This subject isn't that important.  Like I said before Meghan Markle almost never enters my mind.  so, it's a little silly for me to get into a spat about her. I apologize that I was passive aggressive. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Did Meagain even read the Crawdads book?  You'd think she would be able to talk about a book she supposedly loves without reading (and screwing up) someone else's review of it off the teleprompter.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Ok, but it did feel like I was being called out. I didn't think I was being passive aggressive.  But Maybe I was because I felt called out. This subject isn't that important.  Like I said before Meghan Markle almost never enters my mind.  so, it's a little silly for me to get into a spat about her. I apologize that I was passive aggressive. 

As soon as I posted it, I realized that you probably didn't intend the comment to be passive aggressive but maybe felt like your opinion was being invalidated so I edited the part out...clearly not in time, lol. Anyways, all good. No harm, no foul...I just wanted to make sure you knew that there was zero ill intent behind my respond 🙂

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Did Meagain even read the Crawdad book?  You'd think she would be able to talk about a book she supposedly loves without reading (and screwing up) someone else's review of it off the teleprompter.

😄 the book sounded interesting once I made sense of Meghan's description of it. She was all over the place. You would think she could manage to push a book she loved. She had no problem with the first one. Hmmm maybe you're on to something. 😉

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I think it was more the fact that it popped when she was discussing her chosen baby names. Waylon? Funny that as recently as a couple of weeks ago she was constantly reminding us that she doesn't want children. Now she has baby names all picked out. 🤔

It's just meghan being the down home redneck whiskey sipping gun shooting country gal. She'll name her kids after cowboys and country singers, y'all. 

(I'm surprised she didn't say she'd name her kids after the founding fathers)

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

As soon as I posted it, I realized that you probably didn't intend the comment to be passive aggressive but maybe felt like your opinion was being invalidated so I edited the part out...clearly not in time, lol. Anyways, all good. No harm, no foul...I just wanted to make sure you knew that there was zero ill intent behind my respond 🙂

Yes, it's all good. The things we get into on this thread😄

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

If you really want to hate Markle - go back and watch Suits when she was on.  She's not a good actress - she was pretty much playing herself.  

TOPIC:  Where is the pic of MM at a pool?  I can not wait 5.5 hours until I get home. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

I keep forgetting to ask.....is Sunny leaving when the new season starts?  Did she not re-sign? Its either true or i was dreaming while taking a nap.  Which isnt out of the question.  I think Ive written before of my sleep issues lol.  But that would suck totally if Sunny left.  

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, xingu said:

This is total palace PR/Bullshit.

32 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I think this would certainly alarm most security staff and personally would move beyond what I think someone in the public eye should expect.

This guy is not just taking a selfie or trying to take a picture of a tennis player. He's less than a foot away from her.

meghan.jpg

Edited by Pop Tart
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't been watching. I tuned today to see. Sen Michael Bennet. Stuck around for the rest of the show. 

Meghan skipping the KC interview hmmm, interesting. 

Meghan's first book choice wtf?🙄

Watching Sunny ignore MM was worth having to hear John McCain name once again being brought up.

What was it?  

• Love 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Sorry wrong list.

Sorry Natalie68, I can't remember the name of the book. It was Meghan's description that made me roll my eyes. "Identity politics" "freedom of speech under attack " "violent protesters " all words that make me roll my eyes when Meghan brings them up but in a book by her "friend" ugh. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Sunny is done with Megan and I love it.  Sunny seems like the one person other than Whoopie who has tried to get along with Megan, despite her petulant arrogant nasty vile attitude. I have not been watching the view because like Sunny, I am sick of Megan.

• LOL 1
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, falltime said:

I see she's following Barbara Walters' number one rule for posing for photos -- always pose with your mouth gaped wide open.  Her reasoning behind it was that this way, the camera never catches you mid-smile.  Which I suppose is true.  But instead you just end up looking like a damn fool with your mouth gaped wide open.  While everyone else's is closed.  Like normal people.  Also, stupid sunglasses. 

4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have not been watching the view because like Sunny, I am sick of Megan.

Same!

• LOL 5
  • Love 8
50 minutes ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I, too, am surprised at all the hate for her. I am not in that group. I have little interest in royalty generally speaking, so I don't read everything.  If her marriage ends, it will be because of all the racism she is facing from not only the Brits, but also Americans.   I don't want anyone standing around me taking photos so I totally get it. Saying that she is acting snobbish because of this sounds a whole lot like calling a black woman uppity for standing up for herself. 

I think part of the Meghan Markle thing is that she first had the entire section to herself when every other royal who's been is surrounded by people.  In fact I think kate and Zara weren't even in the VIP or Royal box section.  They didn't seem to care about photos or anything else going on other than the match.  I think it's that obvious difference in attitude that upset a lot of brits.  In the UK the Royal family isn't like US Hollywood types...when they are in public outings like this, they are basically also "on the job".  Their private lives are behind the scenes (unlike actors who can be in public and still expect a private life there).  It's quite different.  Also I think the Brits are getting tired of her trying to mold the Royal family and tradition into something more her liking.  She married into a defined tradition that has survived hundreds of years--don't try to change it, especially as an American marrying into it.  I think that's partly what underlies the irritation of the public about her.

I noted that with the Senator, he did the obligatory bow to John McCain.  I'm really getting tired of that!  McCain had his moments as a Senator and did support some good things, but he wasn't a saint and he certainly supported positions that I wouldn't agree with.  Lost most of his "maverickness" with his choice of Sarah Palin, in my opinion.  Time to move on and stop this constant bowing on The View. 

Do you think the panel knows MM isn't returning and that's why they're ignoring her and/or jumping on her more?  Or that she's on the fence and they think this would push her over to the side of not returning?  Interesting.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Rainyhawk said:

Also I think the Brits are getting tired of her trying to mold the Royal family and tradition into something more her liking.  She married into a defined tradition that has survived hundreds of years--don't try to change it, especially as an American marrying into it.  I think that's partly what underlies the irritation of the public about her.

Yeah, they hate that she broke that tradition of only white people being allowed into the family. People point to tradition to deny people their due rights all of the time. Same thing Whoopi and Joy are doing when they tell the squad they should bow to the old timers-tradition -respect and all that shit. Nothing changes like that.  I recall Diana breaking some traditions herself, but everybody seems ok with that now.

• Love 17