Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

2 notes here folks:

1. Let's take any further in-depth discussion of Meghan Markle and other Royals to the thread dedicated to them.

2. This show does get into politics, and we allow discussion of things as they directly relate to show content, but we've gotten too far afield. Please keep any discussion of any political people or entities strictly related to how they were discussed on the show. Everyone who posts here needs to review the Politics Policy, please.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, rickhurst3186 said:

WOW!! Everyone look at Sunny when Megs is giving her book choices. Sunny doesn't even look in Meg's direction! Ice Cold, baby. I LOVE it!💘💖

tenor.gif?itemid=8177056

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

True, AND some of us "old folks"  can't figure out the damn phone and how to switch from taking a photo of what's in front of you and taking a selfie.  (speaking only for myself, of course)

Yes, but when you open the camera it doesn’t go to selfie mode. He consciously did this. Getting into selfie mode is when the “old folks” struggle. Myself included. 

• Love 5
(edited)

YES! Kamala~! I’m surprised she came back on The View this soon, actually, considering how obvious they are that they’re in Biden’s pocket.

Just to be clear, I’m only talking about The View’s bias for and against certain candidates, not politics in general. There have even been articles about the fact, although I’m not sure if they were posted in the media thread or not.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9

I love Sunny for bringing the interview back to policies instead of a long-running sympathy train for Joe Biden. And Kamala's response made me laugh, because she must've felt the same way. She soldiered through their BS very well, imo.

• Love 19
23 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I am loving Sunny “The Freezer” Hostin, for not even glancing Meghan’s way even once for the whole week. 🥶

lol, me too. I've paid more attention to Sunny this week than I ever have. And she didn't disappoint. It's so cold in that corner that Meghan's gonna need a parka. 

• LOL 10
  • Love 13
16 hours ago, Sarah Heart said:

The TP thing with her husband, the looking under her lashes, pretending to be coy, just bugs me. She's a bright woman, I think they all are, but I guess we all like who we like..

Sarah, you are so not alone....Sunny annoys the fuck outta me and if I were Whoopi I'd be brusque with her all the time too.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I would have much rather heard Ana's book choices than another View Your Deal.

Kamala had to talk fast in her last segment and no Ana books. ABC should be ashamed with the shilling by Sunny of the so-called deals taking time away from interesting topics.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Sarah, you are so not alone....Sunny annoys the fuck outta me and if I were Whoopi I'd be brusque with her all the time too.

You can add me to that list. Sunny drives me up the wall. But seeing her shut out Meghan this  week made me like her just a little tiny bit.

However , to be fair, if she was doing it to anyone else I'd think she was being an idiot. The fact that it's Meghan , makes it ok and is getting funnier by the day.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

I'm not crazy about any of the hosts, but I appreciate the discussions on the show. Sunny is an  awesome legal and political analyst, but is irritating at lighter topics. She puts on an act that combines naivety and lunacy--not a good look. Still, I like her better than I like Meghan, and I really want to see the moment when Sunny goes off on her.

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I love Sunny for bringing the interview back to policies instead of a long-running sympathy train for Joe Biden. And Kamala's response made me laugh, because she must've felt the same way. She soldiered through their BS very well, imo.

Omg this. I was getting pissed. I like Biden too. But Damn, they are running for President.  Biden was not attacked he was schooled big difference.  Kamala has every right to fight for the position to get the nomination. She wasn't even rude Biden. 

If I never hear the phrase cannibalize again, I'd be so freaking happy.

I wonder if whoopi thinks of Barbara Walter's when she spaced out on camera,  just asking. 

I'm disappointed we didnt get Ana's book picks.

• Love 18

They should have done Ana's book choices instead of having Kamala stay for a third segment; she had to talk so fast it was hardly worth it.  She was great in her first two segments, though.

Maybe Ana will get to tell us her books on a future show, since I assume they have the hardback copies to give away to the audience.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Did I miss some something? Joy wasn’t sympathetic to Diana’s death? 

Because of the recent bad/badly discussion here, I think it relates to when BABYHOUSEMAN said:

Diana's death was horrible, and I felt badly for her sons.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
34 minutes ago, rcc said:

Kamala had to talk fast in her last segment and no Ana books. 

Kamala's delivery bothers me. She pauses for dramatic effect and has a certain tone (whiny?) that irritates my ears. Also, she's too wordy. She took four minutes to tell us that Acosta is bad and predators should be prosecuted. Duh! There were a couple of times when Whoopi had to hurry her to make her get to the point.

Speaking of Whoopi...how dare she take on the legal disclaimer. That's Sunny's job. And then one minute later Sunny is the one gushing the loudest and clapping the hardest about Whoopi's People Magazine photo. Puh-leeze 🙄 . I want to see Sunny give Whoopi the cold shoulder, too!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, lusinia said:

Maybe Ana will get to tell us her books on a future show, since I assume they have the hardback copies to give away to the audience.

Ooh, that's right. Sucks for the authors. They gave away all those free books and didn't get the on-air publicity.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

She puts on an act that combines naivety and lunacy--not a good look.

That is so true.  It's embarrassing for everyone.

1 hour ago, Vanderboom said:

Still, I like her better than I like Meghan, and I really want to see the moment when Sunny goes off on her.

I think Sunny is well aware of the Power Behind Meghan (Disney, ABC, AND Whoopi) and she'll bide her time.  Still, I want to see that too.  Maybe THAT would be a way for SNL to include Sunny.

2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I would have much rather heard Ana's book choices than another View Your Deal.

But, BronzzzzzeDog, how would The View ever afford to put on the show if they didn't sell their little trinkets?

Signed, Whiney McWhiner

• Love 6
43 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Kamala's delivery bothers me. She pauses for dramatic effect and has a certain tone (whiny?) that irritates my ears. Also, she's too wordy. She took four minutes to tell us that Acosta is bad and predators should be prosecuted. Duh! There were a couple of times when Whoopi had to hurry her to make her get to the point.

I agree, she spent way too much time on Acosta when she could/should have been addressing other questions about her candidacy. I've also noticed that she looooves to talk about her background as a prosecutor. Ok ok we get it, you used to be a prosecutor. Now how about telling us your plans for the presidency.

• Love 6
55 minutes ago, lusinia said:

They should have done Ana's book choices instead of having Kamala stay for a third segment; she had to talk so fast it was hardly worth it.  She was great in her first two segments, though.

I wonder if they will pretape her book choices while she’s there today and air the segment next week when they have a few extra minutes to spare. 

• Love 2
On 7/11/2019 at 10:44 AM, deirdra said:

Did Meagain even read the Crawdads book?  You'd think she would be able to talk about a book she supposedly loves without reading (and screwing up) someone else's review of it off the teleprompter.

Is there a pop up version ?  Lol

• LOL 5
On 7/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, Coffeewinewater said:

I haven't been watching. I tuned today to see. Sen Michael Bennet. Stuck around for the rest of the show. 

Lol, Sunny really is giving Meghan the cold shoulder it so obvious 😄

Meghan skipping the KC interview hmmm, interesting. 

Meghan's first book choice wtf?🙄

Watching Sunny ignore MM was worth having to hear John McCain name once again being brought up.

I liked Michael Bennett.  I found him thoughtful and articulate.  He explained his ideas and i liked them.  He was like if Biden and Buttigieg had a baby.  With the wisdom and temperment of both combined.  He was well prepared.  Now Kamala today..go girl!!  She would definitely get my vote if the election were today.  I liked all her answers. Again thoughtful and articulate. A bit of the eager beaver, but i took that as excited to be on the show and wanting to get all her stuff out before 'cutting to the next comm lol'.  I like her a lot though.  

• Love 14
31 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

She tweeted she’ll do it next time. I wish she was on a couple days a week. Heck. Wish she was full time. 

And yet we get another VYD.  I'd much have rather heard Ana's picks instead.  But she might have had to rush and i dont want that so stay next week 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Tammee said:

Is there a pop up version ?  Lol

I looked up reviews of the Crawdads book to see if her blue-card writer had plagiarized someone else verbatim and saw that there are a few "summary versions" of the book for sale - for teachers or book-club leaders to direct discussions.  LOL.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don't think Kamala's comment (about Acosta) 

If you can't make an omelet, get out of the kitchen.

went over as well as she hoped it would. Looked like she was expecting applause. Reminiscent of Jeb's "Please, clap" line.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, merriebreeze said:

I don't think Kamala's comment (about Acosta) 

went over as well as she hoped it would. Looked like she was expecting applause. Reminiscent of Jeb's "Please, clap" line.

She got a shout out on Nicole’s show. 

• Love 2
51 minutes ago, Sarah Heart said:

Sunny does the same, I prosecuted, when I was a prosecutor, it drives me cray cray. But Kamala only had  so much time, this Acosta person, is very much in the news, and she had to address it. If not, she would of been asked why not. 

Oh I agree, but Sunny's not running for president. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Tammee said:

And yet we get another VYD.  I'd much have rather heard Ana's picks instead.  But she might have had to rush and i dont want that so stay next week 

Wouldn't it be fabulous if we have all those View Your Deals because Meghan has caused a UUUGE loss of sponsors and ABC needs the coin?  A girl can dream...

• Love 5
1 minute ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

I think she meant the year she was born but never sure when Whoopi speaks. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Thank you, you are right. "I'm 55 baby." I took the way she delivered the word baby as a pet name and not as literally a baby from 1955. 😊

• Love 6

Anyone know when the ladies take off for Summer break? 

I need a break from the blond beast.  And I hope against all that she is not there when the new season begins.  For the life of me I can't get how they keep someone who is excessively rude  to all the hosts (at one time or another) except Whoopi, berates the audience and continues to be beyond unprofessional.  

• Love 6