Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan should have had to issue a clarification saying she was not suggesting getting drunk and having gun play is a good way to solve marital issues.

Maybe they "ordered" her to clarify and She Who Has Some Clout refused because she thinks marriage counseling is voodoo.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Yeah, Joy definitely had her eyelids done, which explains why she wore the dark glasses for weeks, while they healed. 

What puzzles me is - did she also get Lasik?  because she went from wearing glasses to wearing dark glasses  to now wearing NO glasses (I didn't see today's show, so I don't know if she had glasses today)  and now her eye makeup is weird.  

so did she have cataract surgery AND lasik?  (that would make sense, I guess, to do those together)  but then also cosmetic surgery on her eyelids? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, tinkerbell said:

What puzzles me is - did she also get Lasik?  because she went from wearing glasses to wearing dark glasses  to now wearing NO glasses

Cataract surgery implants new lenses and often they can get your sight to 20/20.  I wore only reading glasses before cataract surgery...and didn't need them again for 5-6 years after the surgeries.

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Argh, I’m yelling at Whoopi and Joy to find their words. The ones they want to hear from are the people using alleged sex trafficking as the excuse for separating children from adults at the border. That’s what Whoopi is trying to say. 

Yeah, Joy definitely had her eyelids done, which explains why she wore the dark glasses for weeks, while they healed. 

Man, Meg is hitting all the points today. She’s tough (check), everyone else is a snowflake (check), she loves to shoot (check), no kids (check), my father (check), everyone is mean to me (check)...

MEghan is a 1 trick pony.  It must be so tough to be all of 34 and know it all and have to hang with these librul rubes daily 🙄

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
Just now, HaaCHOO said:

Maybe they "ordered" her to clarify and She Who Has Some Clout refused because she thinks marriage counseling is voodoo.

Meghan also used HYPERBOLE in suggesting that government-paid marriage counseling would require "a social worker for every couple"  as if a marriage therapist can only see one couple. 

Am I wrong in thinking that Meghan once said she went to grief counseling?  What hypocrisy!

1 minute ago, HaaCHOO said:

Cataract surgery implants new lenses and often they can get your sight to 20/20.  I wore only reading glasses before cataract surgery...and didn't need them again for 5-6 years after the surgeries.

Cool. I had no idea.  

• Love 10

My understanding of the cataract surgery is that after it you can see nearly perfectly. That is what happened with my mom. She had worn glasses her whole life before the surgery. It doesn't last forever though. 

• Love 10
(edited)
On 7/8/2019 at 11:37 AM, Vanderboom said:

I don't really know much about Andrew Yang, but I really need the ladies to stop calling him "Andrew Young."

The also could have let him talk. Before he could explain his idea they would interrupt him. Joy was really bad.   I actually yelled at her to let him talk.  Did the shut his mike off today ?

Whoopie was the only one listening to his answers.  I really disliked that whole segment and it wasn’t Andrew Yangs fault. 

Megans the democratic trying to put a peg in one hole thing was stupid too.  Democratic republicans or independents are all going to have a policy they feel fits most people.   

Edited by tribeca
  • Love 11
24 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Megans the democratic trying to put a peg in one hole thing was stupid too.

She probably heard that it wasn't effective, so she'll try it again...and again.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

Here's something weird.  My best friend wore glasses from third grade on (1948) for nearsightedness.  She tried contacts when we were seniors in high school (and had jobs). 1957-58  She wasn't successful.  Eventually she got some that really helped and wore them for decades.  She also got two different "strengths," one for driving/looking and one for reading.  She said her brain eventually learned how to use them--no problem.  When she went for cataract surgery, the doctor tried to talk her into the lenses that would give her 20/20 in both eyes.  NOPE!  She wanted what she was used to--eyes seeing two different ways.  Now, 6-7 years later she has to hold menus up to her face to read them.  OY!

• Love 1
(edited)
9 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

When she went for cataract surgery, the doctor tried to talk her into the lenses that would give her 20/20 in both eyes.  NOPE!  She wanted what she was used to--eyes seeing two different ways.  Now, 6-7 years later she has to hold menus up to her face to read them.  OY! 

Did the doctor let her have two different strength lenses?  I've had contacts with 20/20 vision in my dominant eye, and 1 diopter under-corrected in my non-dominant eye for 24 yrs and love it (my brain adapted immediately, some don't).  Not only can I read near and far without glasses, I also can see intermediate distances well when teaching computing over someone's shoulder (~twice the distance one sits from their own computer screen).

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, tinkerbell said:

What puzzles me is - did she also get Lasik?  because she went from wearing glasses to wearing dark glasses  to now wearing NO glasses (I didn't see today's show, so I don't know if she had glasses today)  and now her eye makeup is weird.  

so did she have cataract surgery AND lasik?  (that would make sense, I guess, to do those together)  but then also cosmetic surgery on her eyelids? 

I’ve noticed much different dark  and larger eye shower/ liner on her.  Her eyes look smaller to me because of it. Would shadow cover up scars?  It kinda doesn’t make sense to have cosmetic surgery when they will soon be on vacation  I also know she is deathly afraid of surgery but maybe it’s done while awake. I’d do it if I could afford it. I have a friend who is not the least bit vain and had her lids done, and a friend had to tend to her for a couple of days. I love love love  Joy and I love makeup, but the makeup folks for  all of them do them no favors. 

Oh crap the shaking limping animal ASPC commercial does me in. 

Today MM being so indignant about the blow back she gets on Twitter makes me happy as she shifts in her chair and curls her upper lip.   

Edited by athousandclowns
  • LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, HaaCHOO said:

Yup. The lenses have been further improved but when I had my surgery I was given the choice of perfect near or far vision. I chose to be able to see distance but just last year got glasses for driving. And I need readers but it was worth it to ditch the contacts. 

Anyway, on Sunny’s recommendation I began reading the Mueller report after the show. It’s a quick read with a bunch of redactions, not too technical with legal jargon, and thoroughly chilling. EVERY American should read this. 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi interrogating Sunny about loosing was uncomfortable and I swear Sunny’s eyes watered.   

That was odd and uncomfortable. She has so much jealousy of Sunny that she is no longer passive aggressive=she is plain aggressive. Whoopi and Meghan are both assholes.

• Love 21
58 minutes ago, SPinCA said:

“My in-laws are evangelicals” WHY does she take everything personally 😴

Because EVERYTHING has to be about her.  And of course, her father.

She was blathering on about some he did when she got something wrong. I can tune her out without even trying sometimes!

• Love 11

Re all the comments on the difference in Joy's appearance. I don't know if she had any cosmetic work or not, but for years she has worn glasses on the show (prior to the cataract surgery and the dark glasses) so you couldn't really notice her eyes or her eye makeup. Now, post surgery, she's not wearing glasses because presumably, she doesn't need them. So it just seems weird to see her without them.  JMO. 

• Love 23
14 minutes ago, CynicalGirl said:

Now, post surgery, she's not wearing glasses because presumably, she doesn't need them. So it just seems weird to see her without them.

I think she looked better with glasses!!!

• Love 14
1 hour ago, CynicalGirl said:

Re all the comments on the difference in Joy's appearance. I don't know if she had any cosmetic work or not, but for years she has worn glasses on the show (prior to the cataract surgery and the dark glasses) so you couldn't really notice her eyes or her eye makeup. Now, post surgery, she's not wearing glasses because presumably, she doesn't need them. So it just seems weird to see her without them.  JMO. 

I agree, we got used to the glasses. This pic is from December and she looks the same to me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
(edited)

Ellie Kemper should have clarified that her son wants to name the new baby Marshall after the main character on Paw Patrol! It might have helped Joy follow the story better. 

Like Joy, I'm mad at Whoopi because she convinced Ellie not to reveal her girl name. Mind one your own business, Whoops!

Edited by Blissfool
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, SPinCA said:

“My in-laws are evangelicals” WHY does she take everything personally 😴

She needs a cohost that's not afraid of getting personal. Someone that will say "Yea, and what about it? 😗" She thinks making it personal will end the convo and take attention away from the facts and on to her being a victim. They need to just have a what about it attitude to scare her off. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

She could have gotten the drooping eyelid surgery...many of my friends are having to do that under doctors recommendation, not for aesthetics. She looks similar to a couple of friends who had to have that done.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Whoopi interrogating Sunny about loosing was uncomfortable and I swear Sunny’s eyes watered.   

Oh, I don’t think so...Sunny looked annoyed and kept talking over her. She wasn’t on the verge of tears.

• Love 11
(edited)

How is it that all of us watching got what Whoopi was trying to say, questioning why evangelicals are not speaking up, but Meghan has to take it personally and say, well, my in-laws are evangelicals and THEY are nice, so...

Just my opinion, but I believe that if Hillary was president and this happened, the evangelicals would be ALL OVER this story with their condemnations.  Quite sure Meghan knows that so she has to come up with some lame comment in defense of evangelicals.

Isn't the point of this show to talk about the different VIEWS of the co-hosts?  The person who can't respectfully listen and has to take everything personally needs to leave.

Edited by debbie311
  • Love 19
1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

She needs a cohost that's not afraid of getting personal. Someone that will say "Yea, and what about it? 😗" She thinks making it personal will end the convo and take attention away from the facts and on to her being a victim. They need to just have a what about it attitude to scare her off. 

If she feels like a caged animal now,  imagine the swearing and reaming she would give her producer if one of them called her out.  

The interrogation Whoopi was giving Sunny was embarrassing and sounded childish. Yeah well what did you fail in and what else did you fail and what did you do? It had a I know you are but what am I tone. I admire Sunny for not faltering and glad that you feel she  wasn’t tearing up.  If Whoopi did that inquisition and tone with MeeAgain she’s come unhinged. 

I am calling for her resignation. 

• Love 17

The good thing about today's show was that I can rest assured that the stylists still really hate NutMeg and consistently pick the  most unflattering outfits to put her in.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
16 minutes ago, bannana said:

The good thing about today's show was that I can rest assured that the stylists still really hate NutMeg and consistently pick the  most unflattering outfits to put her in.

Was it a Hausfrau or uptight '50's housewife look they were going for?

• LOL 11
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, bannana said:

I did like Whoopi's point that evangelicals have plenty to say about a woman's right to choose, or who should be allowed to marry and adopt, but they are silent on this topic.

Yeah!  Wish Whoopi were more articulate and (in this case) had more time.  These points are excellent and IMPORTANT!  Meghan has no ammunition.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, SPinCA said:

“My in-laws are evangelicals” WHY does she take everything personally

What about her husband?  What about HER???  She doesn't share that "massive" view of all Evangelicals?

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
6 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

If that is what it means to be evangelical no thanks.

They also tend to be the ones who believe that all the Jews have to be in Israel to bring on the end times, ie for Jesus to come back and slaughter most of them and convert the remainder to Christianity. So yeah, no thanks! Meghan's fake tears and anger against certain politicians who have called out AIPAC are kind of obvious for what they are in this light.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Argh, I’m yelling at Whoopi and Joy to find their words. The ones they want to hear from are the people using alleged sex trafficking as the excuse for separating children from adults at the border. That’s what Whoopi is trying to say. 

I am not unconvinced that trafficking of children will not be uncovered in years to come.

10 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

This. And I also loved Whoopi (and Joy) cutting her off when she started talking about her in-laws being Evangelicals.

All you have to do is Google evangelicals and pedophilia and you get a wealth of convictions.

• Love 13

Just a few thoughts about today's show - 

Although others have mentioned this, I'll be honest I barely noticed until today: Sunny is realllly (!) not even glancing at MM. I'm sorry, this is so petty of me but I thought it was funny.

MM coming out and saying that Whoopie's thought about evangelicals was political - What?  Whoopie clearly stating that it was a thought in HER head, it was HER question not a _state your partisan label here_  view.  MM continuing trying to say it was political.

Whoopie's point to me was clear.  Evangelicals seemed to have something about the football players kneeling, gay marriage, transgender, illegal immigrants, justifying the orange guy's complete lack of Christian values as having values of any kind.  Why aren't they vocal about the total disregard for the poor, the weak, the ones' without a voice (the children in the camps, the families separated, children being trafficked) when that is who JESUS says/said we should protect, help, defend.

MM saying her in-laws are evangelicals and are nice people.  Whoopie and Joy saying that they (her in-laws) are not prominent leaders/talking heads with a platform.  MM appeared to be left speechless.

Whoopie seeming to lay into Sunny about losing.  Sunny's point being that losing at things that are important to you can make you stronger.  Whoopie's examples of Sunny losing were silly games (well, maybe not Jeopardy,  😑 I would take that seriously too!).

MM's belt popped off! Hee, hee, hee!

Totally off topic: I wonder if tomorrow they will talk about Acosta's press conference and how he spoke in Spanish?  Since hearing a different language is apparently offensive to someone's ears.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, CynicalGirl said:

Her eye makeup seems much harsher, too. The eyeliner is dark and thick on the top and bottom lid. Spent too much time trying to figure out the difference. M's eyebrows are darker and thicker, too. Hope Joy addresses the mystery! 

• Love 6
(edited)

I don't think MM's brain actually works/thinks, she memorizes Republican talking points and reads her hubby's views off blue cards.

And I noticed that, Gemma.  Sunny needs to share words of fortification with Joy and take a deep breath before she can tolerate an hour of sitting that close to the bitch who wants her fired.

Edited by deirdra
  • LOL 1
  • Love 17
6 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

The interrogation Whoopi was giving Sunny was embarrassing and sounded childish. Yeah well what did you fail in and what else did you fail and what did you do? It had a I know you are but what am I tone. I admire Sunny for not faltering and glad that you feel she  wasn’t tearing up.

Whoopi does also get a kind of nasty look on her face whenever she has a go at Sunny about her private life, her jealousy, her not liking to lose, her kids, etc.  When Sunny is doing her lawyerly thing, Whoopi is respectful and seems to admire her.  But the other stuff, not so much.

Sunny has joked about being a sore loser and being competitive.  If Whoopi had said just one comment it would have been fine, but she appeared to be really wanting to goad her.  Sunny rolled with it and handled it fine, and kept trying to make her more serious point.  And then, to show what a good sport she is, later in the show, she made a joke about it to Whoopi during another topic.

• Useful 1
  • Love 17
10 hours ago, mongoose said:

just turned on to hear Joy's perfect response, "That little boy was Donald Trump." Love her. 

And of course NutMeg couldn't let that alone.  Joy landed a very good joke and got a lot of applause, and NutMeg had to whine that Joy cannot go one segment without mentioning Trump.

• LOL 2
  • Love 14