Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

People in Alaska get money every month, I want some too. $1,000 could really help a lot of people, not everyone qualifies for assistance. Amazon paying zero is disgusting. MM, the rich should be paying their share okay. MM said she doesn't need the extra money then mentions there are homeless veterans. Hello lady, the money will go to every citizen over 18, that includes homeless veterans. If you don't need the thousand, donate it.

Whoopi, we can criticize Biben if we want, other candidates are criticized too but they don't have the name recognition Biben does.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/7/2019 at 4:03 PM, heysmilinstrange said:

I actually have a much harder time following the plot while listening to an audiobook than I do just reading the usual way. Being able to listen carefully for a longer duration of time is a skill in itself.

I developed my skill (I'm now a Master!) when my son was in college and then working in Los Angeles.  I drove from Phoenix to "Hollywood" every few months.  At first I would completely space out and the "book" had been playing for at least an hour.  Also, I somtimes missed my exits.  That was the latest 80s...for at least ten years. I'm excellent at the audio now. I rarely read (but continue to buy books!)...and I'm all audiobooks all the time.  Except for podcasts on my Echo (she will read audiobooks too).  "I will say" that I don't recall the characters' names as well as I did in "book" books.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, After7Only said:

Definitely some tension today.  Joy interupting MM's deficit question during the Andrew Yang interview and basically laughing at her when MM got huffy........lol.   

I think that's what irks the Princess of Arizona more than anything--laughing at her.  

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

I caught Whoopi's "look" (very similar) at Meghan too today.

I saw that too but the look Sunny got was the worst that I've seen. That includes the looks Paula got sometimes. Whoopi was in a don't mess with me mood today.

• Useful 2
  • Love 5

Alaskans (a small population) get a stipend because everything is so expensive and there is a lot of poverty. It’s paid for via leased (Fed owned) property thru which the oil pipelines pass. That is my understanding, anyway. I can check with a friend who lives there.  Doing this on a national level is ludicrous. 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Did you get a copy of Joy's three books?

I remember someone else here saying the sound wasn't good in person--maybe Wunderwoman.

i did! and yea idk if the sound is like that for all live studio audiences

• Love 1
(edited)

The funniest part about Whoopi glaring at Sunny was Sunny just returning that glare with her poker face. Whoopi is awful; imagine having to work with her, day after day.

Sunny mentioned during The Little Mermaid discussion that she hoped a drag queen would play Ursula. I think the original design for Ursula came from Divine if I'm not mistaken, so that would have been a cool choice too, I agree.

Edited by SuzieSioux
  • Useful 2
  • Love 18

I wish they would do a little more research on topics (talk about wishful thinking !), but when discussing the Little Mermaid diversity casting, they would have mentioned how last week when they were casting Ursella, there was a twitter trend pushing for Lizzo to be cast. I like Melissa McCarthy but she cant sing and dance like Lizzo.  It would have been interesting to discuss a push against a black performer for Ariel but pro for a black performer for Ursula.

Well, we did have Meghan practicing her Ursella bitch face the whole show.

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I love reading but loathe audio books.  It is actually torturous for me to listen to someone reading.  WAY worse than what Daddy McCain had to deal with.  I JEST!  But I do loathe being read to.

I also LOATHE audio books. The only exception would be is if ❤️💕 ❤️🥰Daniel Day-Lewis❤️💕❤️🥰 or ❤️💕❤️🥰Tom Hiddleston❤️💕❤️🥰 did the reading. I could listen to them read the fucking phone book, their voices are sae sexay! Add Sam Heughan to that list, BUT only if he uses his Scots brogue, channeling James Alexander Malcom Fraser.🥰🥰

Wot?

• LOL 6
  • Love 3

I noticed when they were walking out at the beginning of the show, Sunny held back, stopped and said something to Joy and let Meghan walk out ten feet ahead of the pack.  I don't think that was an accident.😄 

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

I noticed when they were walking out at the beginning of the show, Sunny held back, stopped and said something to Joy and let Meghan walk out ten feet ahead of the pack.  I don't think that was an accident.😄 

I was just about to post a clip of this from a backstage POV🤣

Did she come out with a scowl on her face?

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, rcc said:
3 hours ago, HaaCHOO said:

I caught Whoopi's "look" (very similar) at Meghan too today.

I saw that too but the look Sunny got was the worst that I've seen. That includes the looks Paula got sometimes. Whoopi was in a don't mess with me mood today.

I think Whoopi, Joy and Sunny got very specific marching orders this morning "Don't poke the Princess Beast.".  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall at that morning meeting.  Whoopi does have some issues (jealousy?) with Sunny, but I think her ice stare at Sunny was a warning not to set Meghan off.  Whoopi has not been the same since her illness.  I suspect that her health is not good.  All this tension Meghan has been allowed to create has cause unnecessary stress for Whoopi.  Whoopi has had it with Meghan's antics.

Meghan is not just a difficult coworker she is abusive.  The tension on this show makes it unwatchable.  The View is a part of ABC News.  At this point people are tuning in to watch Meghan's Final Fury.  TPTB have allowed MM to make a joke out of one of their news shows.   

• Love 22
5 minutes ago, movingtargetgal said:

Whoopi does have some issues (jealousy?) with Sunny, but I think her ice stare at Sunny was a warning not to set Meghan off.

I would love it if Whoopi was siding with the others against Meghan and merely warning Sunny to keep quiet, but from my perspective, that look was very much an "excuse me? You have the audacity to interrupt me, the great Whoopi Goldberg?!" one.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
6 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Probably because Meghan doesn't want to hear she is doing something wrong. If you are in marriage counseling it's because there are issues between you and your spouse. Meghan I'm sure thinks she is the perfect wife and blah blah blah.

I think the opposite. People resist programs aimed at changing their behavior because they don't want to hear there's a problem (that they are usually very aware of) or face that they may be responsible for said problems.

• Love 3

Meghan said she'd show her kids the Brandy version  of Cinderella (a Rogers & Hammerstein version) because, "It's a lot less weird than the Disney animated one."  Uh, you work for Disney, you idiot.

• LOL 15
  • Love 6
(edited)
44 minutes ago, falltime said:

giphy.gif

Joy is actually having fun with this. Joy is secure and confident with herself, and she has nothing to lose. Sunny is definitely angry with Meghan and today personified the expression " giving her the cold shoulder." Whoopi is just an angry old lady who should feel guilty about bringing Meghan onboard the View. Meghan has the most to lose, in that she has made herself a laughingstock and obviously is a miserable woman who wants any kind of attention she can get. If she stays, she will feel "attacked and caged" every day. If she leaves, who will represent the ultimate conservative Republican???  She should do herself and all of us a favor and go back to her booze and guns in Arizona and stay there. 

Edited by Kenz
  • Love 20

Why on earth did Whoopi have to say that they weren't allowed to speak about the allegations of child rape against Jeffrey Epstein? Who is being protected by that decision?

If there's anything that everyone should be able to unite about, it's that having sex with kids (in other words, raping kids) is a bad and disgusting thing.

• Love 21

@ChicagoCita  I'm thinking there are multiple reasons why the didn't talk about Epstein. They are surrounded by connected people. a) Higher ups don't want to stir the pot. b)  I'm guessing that the ladies have heard gossip around town of other people that associate with Epstein and don't want to legally get into trouble.

• Love 13

I don't know much about Andrew Yang's platform, but I don't think the ladies were very fair to him in his segments. Asking him about circumcision, really? He looked mortified. And if the women are going to ask him questions about his universal basic income policy, they should have some idea ahead of time of what the benefits might be or what he's recently said about his plan. I know it's the candidate's job to explain his plans, but it's pretty hard to do that when you're dealing with open derision. 

• Love 16
1 minute ago, maggiemae said:

Thing is Yang brought up circumcision himself months ago - back in March. He was for it and later softened his view. Legitimate question from the ladies.

Yes, but it's not listed as one of the (many) issues on his platform, so it seems like a minor side issue to me.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, pianogirl73 said:

Joy is deliberately messing with MM. It's glorious!

I am such a fan of Joy.  Would love a girl's night with her.

8 hours ago, bannana said:

I don't want to get into this too far, but the concept is called Basic Income, and it is a sound one, with data that backs it up.  Joy's assumption that people will not work if they are given a basic income is the usual reaction, but data doesn't support this in areas where Basic Income has been introduced.  On the money side, it can reduce other expenditures such as health care, etc.  That's how you pay for it. Yang did a terrible job of explaining it.

It is definitely worth discussing and Joy should educate herself about it, because I believe she would be a proponent.

https://www.basicincomecanada.org/

I agree @bannana, it is a good premise and one that is used in many forward thinking countries that have a good value of living.  Joy saying people won't look for work if they get the income is just crazy.  Having been layed off myself, I wanted to work and money would have helped me retrain, pay for gas etc.

• Love 8
(edited)

Who pissed in Whoopi's cornflakes this morning?  Let's face facts, WG would be nowhere today if BW hadn't thrown her a life buoy after her Bush debacle. 

WG is like the Normal Curve about The View:  I really hate it, I hate it, I kinda like it, I almost love it, Damn I love it, I almost love it, I kinda like it, I hate it, I really hate it. 

IMO, I believe WG thinks that she has reached her peak and it pisses her (and me) off.  No matter how many dog-bone roles she will be thrown by the likes of Tyler Perry (who is completely, defiantly and not in any way gay) or Lee Daniels, (who is completely, defiantly and not in any way straight) she fears that she may be forever remembered by MM as that chick in the Black Disney (made-for-tv) movie of Cinderella.   May Whitney RIP.

WG, I beg you.  Please let the talents that I have loved you for shine.  Leave this show and give us the Whoopi we grew up with.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 2
  • Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I also LOATHE audio books. The only exception would be is if ❤️💕 ❤️🥰Daniel Day-Lewis❤️💕❤️🥰 or ❤️💕❤️🥰Tom Hiddleston❤️💕❤️🥰 did the reading.

I used to have a long commute to work and loved having audio books in the car.  I am a huge reader.  One of my favorites is the biography written by Keith Richards and read by Johnny Depp.  It was awesome.  Rococo by Trigiani and read by Mario Cantone was just as awesome.

Having an author read their own book sometimes just kills it, in a bad way.  I listened to Dead End in Norvelt written/spoken by Gantos.  He ruined his own book.

Library tip:  If you like a certain reader you can look them up as an author.  Same goes for actors in movies.

Edited by jumper sage
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, movingtargetgal said:

So, let me get this straight, Meghan's suggests that married couples who are experiencing issues should get drunk, get their guns and go shooting.  Marital conflict, excessive alcohol and firearms.  What could possibly go wrong?  Meghan is an idiot. 

I thought y’all were completely joking about Meghan’s idea of marital counseling until I watched the show! I’d guess that perhaps she was totally kidding, but I’d probably just be two for two...

• LOL 5
  • Love 5

Watching now, yeah, Whoopi missed the whole point of the Little Mermaid controversy.  She thought it was a cartoon being "voiced"  by a black  woman, not realizing Disney is turning the cartoon into a live-action film.   And twitter users are all over it - many people threatening to boycott Disney because they are changing the race of a character.  They think that children will be confused, if they see a mermaid movie with white skin and red hair, and then see a black mermaid with the same name.    the hashtag #NotMyAriel  has a lot of "I'm not racist, BUT …"  posts.   And they're missing the obvious -  the part of Ariel requires, not someone to look like a cartoon, but someone who can sing those songs!  And - the movie isn't made yet.  if you think you won't like it, dont see it.  stay home and watch the cartoon. 

• Love 19
(edited)

So, let me get this straight, Meghan's suggests that married couples who are experiencing issues should get drunk, get their guns and go shooting.  Marital conflict, excessive alcohol and firearms. 

Hmm, sounds like my childhood.  Are MM and I related?  I can't wait to share her our trust fund. 

Oh, Mr. Yang, if you are so keen on giving every American $1,000/month?  Why don't you start with your own gagillions and send me said amount each month?  I promise I'll vote for you.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

Oh, and if you are so keen on giving every American $1,000/month?  Why don't you start with your gagillions and send me said amount each month?  I promise I'll vote for you.

• LOL 3
10 minutes ago, xingu said:

Oh, and if you are so keen on giving every American $1,000/month?  Why don't you start with your gagillions and send me said amount each month?  I promise I'll vote for you.

Follow his twitter, maybe you will get the chance in the future if he does it again.

• Love 2

I know I kid, but I do appreciate The View having on EVERY democratic runner.  It does make good folly.  As nutty as I think Marianne W. is, I think she had a really good point about fighting the man in office with love.  I know it won't win any elections, and I know she's cuckoo as Cocoa Puffs, and I don't know what language she speaks, but in this climate I will take her love stance over overt vitriol. 

I was sad to see Eric Swalwell leave the race.  He is really a nice guy who is fighting for the Dems.  He has had a really tough time in his district with some really horrible people saying that he is gay.  Some repubs have gone so far as to call him Eric Swallows.  Disgusting!

• Love 2

aww poor Whoopi. Gets a free week off of work plus Friday's off, doesn't really bother thoroughly educating herself/researching serious hot topics, gets away with attitude toward a woman she is clearly jealous of..........and still acts like a miserable bitch. If you do not wanna be on this show, save your money and leave. She's been this way even before her illness so I don't feel bad saying this. I'll never forget that she wouldn't allow Barbara Walters to moderate during her very last day/week on the show. 

Replace her with Gayle King, Angela Rye, or literally anyone with ENTHUSIASM AND PROFESSIONALISM..... those are the two things other talk shows have over them rn.

• Love 14
(edited)

Well, thanks to Oprah, Gayle got a pay increase from $5M/year to $11M/year on CBS, so she ain't going anywhere anytime soon.  The View would never match that.  Which reminds me of Rosie coaching Sheri behind the scenes.  Rosie told Sheri exactly what each host was making.  Sheri not only got the salary she wanted but 12 First Class flights to LA (vs. the three in Business Class that ABC offered), she also got them to pay her rent for the first year ($86,000)

Edited by xingu
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Apparently when Joy was fired and ratings plunged, TPTB cut Whoopi's salary from $5M to $4M.  That is why she only works four days a week. If you can call that unprepared moderation she does "work".

Edited by deirdra
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4
(edited)

I am shocked that ABC/Disney/Fox/WhoeverTheFuckOwnsThemNow let MM dis their beloved, moneymaking, original "Cinderella".  It may have been a bit sexist, but "weird"?  That's a bit harsh.  I would have loved to have been a fly on that wall when the call from Robert Iger came through.  But in MM's world, she would have just pulled out her .45 and shot the fuckin' bluebirds as she swigs a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Edited by xingu
  • LOL 10
  • Love 4

What was up with Whoopi today? Giving Sunny such a nasty look and then even snapping at Meghan. 

Her annoying rants are intolerable, especially about politics. She’s so unqualified to be sitting at this table yelling at somebody so qualified like Sunny.

2 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Watching now, yeah, Whoopi missed the whole point of the Little Mermaid controversy.  She thought it was a cartoon being "voiced"  by a black  woman, not realizing Disney is turning the cartoon into a live-action film.   And twitter users are all over it - many people threatening to boycott Disney because they are changing the race of a character.  They think that children will be confused, if they see a mermaid movie with white skin and red hair, and then see a black mermaid with the same name.    the hashtag #NotMyAriel  has a lot of "I'm not racist, BUT …"  posts.   And they're missing the obvious -  the part of Ariel requires, not someone to look like a cartoon, but someone who can sing those songs!  And - the movie isn't made yet.  if you think you won't like it, dont see it.  stay home and watch the cartoon. 

When does Whoopi NOT miss the point? I love Whoopi as a person and her movies, but she isn’t a good fit for this show anymore. She’s starting to become even worse than Meghan.

• Love 15
(edited)
1 hour ago, sevenrings said:

I love Whoopi as a person and her movies,

I like Whoopi's movies and a few of her interviews, but she has presented that "humble brag" that rubs me the wrong way...way too often.  I don't think I'd want to know her personally.

Edited by HaaCHOO
  • Love 10
15 minutes ago, xingu said:

I am shocked that ABC/Disney/Fox/WhoeverTheFuckOwnsThemNow let MM dis their beloved, moneymaking, original "Cinderella".  It may have been a bit sexist, but "weird"?  That's a bit harsh. 

You can bet that Little Meggie McCain thought of herself as that pretty blonde Cinderella in Disney's oritinal animated feature (1950 release).  She probably loved and related to that film and owned the video as did blonde relatives before her.  I do not believe AT ALL that the first Cinderella she ever saw was Brandy and that continues to be her favorite.  Self-serving little hypocrite sucking up to Whoopi yet again.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, bella1716 said:

Replace her with Gayle King, Angela Rye, or literally anyone with ENTHUSIASM AND PROFESSIONALISM..... those are the two things other talk shows have over them rn.

Aside from drastic pay and prestige cuts, why would Gayle King want to spent even TEN MINUTES being glared at and "educated" by Meghan McCain, the Queen of The View?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Having an author read their own book sometimes just kills it, in a bad way.  I listened to Dead End in Norvelt written/spoken by Gantos.  He ruined his own book.

Library tip:  If you like a certain reader you can look them up as an author.

I agree, Jumper Sage.  I can't recall the author now...prolific and successful.  I have NO IDEA why she decided to narrate one of her books--she ruined it for me. Here's another tip.  If you like certain readers/narrators, you can look them up too.  I love Hillary Huber and have chosen books simply because she just "makes" some of them.

• Love 2

Not only that, I bet she had Cinderella parties long before the Brandy version.  She was 13 (going on 40) when the latter version came out.  You can't tell me that the Princess of Arizona wasn't aware of or had party's to the original before the Whitney version.  And if she was that into a 27th rendition of Cinderella at 13?  Well, that's just sad. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Haleth said:

Alaskans (a small population) get a stipend because everything is so expensive and there is a lot of poverty.

Expenses and poverty are not the reasons for the stipend...which is called a dividend..  The Alaska Permanent Fund and the Permanent Fund Dividend are paid to all citizens of Alaska--rich or poor. The fund and dividend were created with revenues from the oil and gas industry and continued industry contributions to the State's fund, in combination with a successful investment strategy, make the dividend possible.

One must live in Alaska for a full year before being considered a citizen and applying for the dividend.  My sister moved there in the late 70s when her husband and many Arizona construction workers moved to Alaska to work on the pipeline.  I think they received dividends for two years before moving back to AZ.

• Love 6