Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week of 7/8/2019

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, July 8 
The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Andrew Yang; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices; “The Ladies Get Lit”: Whoopi’s Summer Reads

Tuesday, July 9
Vivica A. Fox (“The Wrong Stepmother,” “The Wrong Boy Next Door,” “The Wrong Mommy” and “The Wrong Tutor”); “The Ladies Get Lit”: Joy’s Summer Reads

Wednesday, July 10
 Ellie Kemper (author, “My Squirrel Days”); “The Ladies Get Lit”: Sunny’s Summer Reads

Thursday, July 11
 The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Senator Michael Bennet (D-CO); “The Ladies Get Lit”: Meghan’s Summer Reads

Friday, July 12
 The Political View with 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA); “Feel Good Friday: View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices; “The Ladies Get Lit”: Ana’s Summer Reads

• Love 6
(edited)
7 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Tuesday is Joy's Summer Reads in the Ladies Get Lit segment.  I enjoyed her segment so much last year, I bookmarked it:

Thats the show i saw in person! It was great but we could barely hear them even thought we were sitting right behind Whoopi. 

Edited by bella1716
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To be fair to Whoopi, that’s because she’s dyslexic. 

I actually have a much harder time following the plot while listening to an audiobook than I do just reading the usual way. Being able to listen carefully for a longer duration of time is a skill in itself.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, bella1716 said:

Thats the show i saw in person! It was great but we could barely hear them even thought we were sitting right behind Whoopi. 

Did you get a copy of Joy's three books?

I remember someone else here saying the sound wasn't good in person--maybe Wunderwoman.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, heysmilinstrange said:

I actually have a much harder time following the plot while listening to an audiobook than I do just reading the usual way. Being able to listen carefully for a longer duration of time is a skill in itself.

Yeah, I am the same.  I process I formation better visually. I love to read, I can get so engrossed in a book I lose track of time. I have tried audiobooks, but my attention wanders. But I know people who have a hard time paying attention reading, and love to listen to books.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, deirdra said:

Shouldn't it be Whoopi's summer listens?  She only "reads" audiobooks.

9 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

To be fair to Whoopi, that’s because she’s dyslexic. 

Opening up your mind to books whether its reading or listening is a good thing.

• Love 17
(edited)

Whoopi is in a pretty bad mood...

the Daily Beast article has definitely added even more tension between Sunny and Meg...

and Joy is glasses free!

Edited by geekburger
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11

What am I missing?  Why can’t they talk about the Epstein case, and what was the knowing laughter coming from the audience.  And the head bobbing from Sunny?  I don’t get it

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

So I looked on social media and a lot of people are saying the tension is obvious, that Sunny hasn't really looked at Meghan and Whoopi is in a bad mood. I'm gonna assume this means they have yet to address the elephant in the room? 🙄

Edited by Alexis2291
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

So much tension today. Sunny shutting McCain up about Obama by pointing out that Biden--and not Obama--is running for president, then Whoopi getting mad they were still speaking. Then McCain tries to asskiss Whoopi with, "That sounds like what I've been saying!" only for Whoopi to disagree. What a huge difference from the seasons when Sara was there. I could believe everyone got along then except for Whoopi, who was kind of bitchy towards Sunny and Paula. Now everyone seems like they despise one another except for Joy, Sunny, and Ana.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 15

A marital counselor for married people provided by the federal government, a $1000 a month for nothing to remind people they're Americans?  Bye, Andrew.  It was nice never having heard of you.

• LOL 8
  • Love 4

Marital counseling for Meh is a bottle of Jack Daniels and shooting a gun. Says a lot about their marriage. 

Both Whoopi and Sunny called Yang “Andrew Young.”

So if they couldn’t take about Epstein, why was it a hot topic?

No jokes about Revolutionary airports?  No comments about the Meg rumors?

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 6
44 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Then McCain tries to asskiss Whoopi with, "That sounds like what I've been saying!" only for Whoopi to disagree.

When Whoopi said this, before MM interjected, I too thought it sounded like what MM has been saying all along about Democrats caniballizing one another. I guess, I too, missed Whoopi's point.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

It is obvious Whoopi doesn't know that The Little Mermaid is going to be a live action film.

(I'm not complaining about the actress that was chosen. I'm just snarking on Whoopi emphasing that the actress will be VOICING the character.)

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Haleth said:

Both Whoopi and Sunny called Yang “Andrew Young.”

There is an Asian pronunciation of Yang..."yong."  I don't know how he pronounces his name.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

There is an Asian pronunciation of Yang..."yong."  I don't know how he pronounces his name.

Hopefully we won’t see enough of him to learn how to pronounce his name. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

Definitely some tension today.  Joy interupting MM's deficit question during the Andrew Yang interview and basically laughing at her when MM got huffy........lol.   

Sunny's attitude towards MM the entire show.   Sunny just kept continued to speak as MM tried to interupt her repeatly with her "can I say one thing".  Then her body  language spoke volumes when MM said marriage counseling for her was jack daniels and a shooting range.   If there had been a cartoon thought bubble over her head so I could know what she was thinking.....LOL

Whoopi hates them all.   

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
25 minutes ago, HaaCHOO said:

True, but I've no doubt they both had a brain fart and were confusing his name with Andrew Young's.  I've never heard anyone pronounce Yang's name other than yang.

• Love 10
(edited)

I didn't watch the show so I have nothing to add to the conversation other than to agree that Andrew Yang's last name is, in fact, pronounced Yang.  Not Young.  That's all I got. 

But it sure sounds like I missed a warm & fuzzy show today filled with love & laughter!  Jeez.

Edited by Cementhead
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

It was nice to see Joy looking like herself and not a Corleone widow.

I had to laugh when Sunny was speaking about Biden, and all you could hear were little half-syllables as Meghan desperately, desperately, tried to interrupt!

• LOL 13
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

A marital counselor for married people provided by the federal government, a $1000 a month for nothing to remind people they're Americans?  Bye, Andrew.  It was nice never having heard of you.

I don't want to get into this too far, but the concept is called Basic Income, and it is a sound one, with data that backs it up.  Joy's assumption that people will not work if they are given a basic income is the usual reaction, but data doesn't support this in areas where Basic Income has been introduced.  On the money side, it can reduce other expenditures such as health care, etc.  That's how you pay for it. Yang did a terrible job of explaining it.

It is definitely worth discussing and Joy should educate herself about it, because I believe she would be a proponent.

https://www.basicincomecanada.org/

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

Meghan was wrong about when Obama eulogized Robert Byrd. She said it was 2001. Wrong. He died in 2010.  It's little things like this show Meghan doesn't care about getting the facts right. She just wants to cherry pick things to fit her narrative. She was trying to infer Obama eulogized him because he was a fan of Byrd.  He eulogized him because he was the sitting president and Byrd was a sitting senator. I can't speak for why Biden eulogized him other than they were in the Senate together.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • LOL 1
  • Love 23
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Marital counseling for Meh is a bottle of Jack Daniels and shooting a gun. Says a lot about their marriage. 

Just saw this clip on YouTube and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why marriage counseling is such an offensive idea to Meghan.  It wasn't even the suggestion that it be provided by the government that she had an issue with, it was like the entire concept of marriage counseling angered her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
20 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Just saw this clip on YouTube and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why marriage counseling is such an offensive idea to Meghan.  It wasn't even the suggestion that it be provided by the government that she had an issue with, it was like the entire concept of marriage counseling angered her.

Probably because Meghan doesn't want to hear she is doing something wrong. If you are in marriage counseling it's because there are issues between you and your spouse. Meghan I'm sure thinks she is the perfect wife and blah blah blah.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Yeah, I am the same.  I process I formation better visually. I love to read, I can get so engrossed in a book I lose track of time. I have tried audiobooks, but my attention wanders. But I know people who have a hard time paying attention reading, and love to listen to books.

I love reading but loathe audio books.  It is actually torturous for me to listen to someone reading.  WAY worse than what Daddy McCain had to deal with.  I JEST!  But I do loathe being read to.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I could believe everyone got along then except for Whoopi, who was kind of bitchy towards Sunny and Paula. 

"Kind of", she was full on obvious for many days, though nowhere near as bad as Ms. McCain.

Speaking of "her", I stopped watching after the 1st segment.  I'm tired of watching her crap. 
I can't anymore.   Please leave already and never, ever come back.  She has ruined the show for me.  If Barbara was still there Ms. McCain would have been gone a long time ago.  

• Love 14

Meghan is an idiot.  (yeah, we all know that)

When you are on TV, you need to have some consideration and respect for your audience.   he put-down of marriage counseling disrespects professional therapists, and anyone who has attended couples therapy.  Her scoffing at the idea is going to turn more people away from her.  It's like when she railed against abortion - she had no understanding that women in the studio audience, in the tv audience, and at least one of her co-hosts, have had abortions - her attitude was hurtful and critical.   Same thing here - someone watching, who does go to couples therapy, can feel Meghan is trying to shame them -  all they need is to get drunk and blow off steam, not to work out their differences!  

There are other examples as well.  BUt Meghan tries too hard to please what she thinks of as the "red state hard-core conservatives"  with her views, that she forgets that her words can turn other people against her.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 22
1 minute ago, tinkerbell said:

Meghan is an idiot.  (yeah, we all know that)

When you are on TV, you need to have some consideration and respect for your audience.   he put-down of marriage counseling disrespects professional therapists, and anyone who has attended couples therapy.  Her scoffing at the idea is going to turn more people away from her.  It's like when she railed against abortion - she had no understanding that women in the studio audience, in the tv audience, and at least one of her co-hosts, have had abortions - her attitude was hurtful and critical.   Same thing here - someone watching, who does go to couples therapy, can feel Meghan is trying to shame them -  all they need is to get drunk and blow off steam, not to work out their differences!  

There are other examples as well.  BUt Meghan tries too hard to please what she thinks of as the "red state hard-core conservatives"  with her views, that she forgets that her words can turn other people against her.  

Great post, and so very true.   Sadly though, I don't think there are too many people left at the show, in front of the camera and behind-the-scenes , who give two fucks about the viewers, let alone, respect them.  It started to all chip away once Meghan came onboard and has slowly and then quickly spread through the whole team because Meghan has been given all of the power.  It all came to a head a few weeks back most notably at the "Bitch" show.  I stopped watching that day but still read these comments daily and I have read nothing to indicate that the show's energy or intention has been turned around to be more positive or that it has been elevated in any way back to being what it was before Meghan was given full reign.  And sadly, I don't think it ever will.  It's too far gone now. 

• Love 11