Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Paradise Lost?

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Keith is so chill that I get nothing from him.  He's nice but there's no "there" there.  However, I can certainly understand him being so chill so he won't risk coming across negatively on camera. ...

Matt said all the right words about Amber and his marriage, just like he was reading the words from a teleprompter. 

Matt doesn't seem all that bright to me. Maybe the dumb jock stereotype applies to him. But he probably went to college for at least one year, right? 

But to respond to your post, I think neither Keith nor Matt is the best conversationalist in the bunch.  I honestly wonder what they would be like as a couple. Would they ever talk to one another? 

Edited by Gurkel
grammar. It's neither IS, not neither 'are'
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

But to respond to your post, I think neither Keith nor Matt are the best conversationalists in the bunch.  I honestly wonder what they would be like as a couple. Would they ever talk to one another? 

Well, Matt would likely be gone off with basketball so...😂

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don't know...I've seen some comments about Deonna. Not just here but all over. Kind of harsh IMO but *shrugs* we all watch with our own lenses. She doesn't remind me ANYTHING of Jasmine and I've seen comparisons between the two.

I do see your point about furthering her explanation with Greg about the compliments. 

Um, Jamie. smh. Some stuff doesn't have to be put out there for the viewing public. If Doug is okay riding the red wave (as my ex used to say), that's completely fine. But there's no need to talk about it on national television. Sheesh.

Yeah....I was gonna comment on that too. Her boobs aren't that great. I'd think if they were fake they wouldn't be so saggy.

When Elizabeth laid down her boobs continued standing up!!!  They looked fake to me!

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I agree with whoever said it's troubling that Amber immediately jumped to "I'll support you!" given her sister revealing that in past relationships she'd just hand over her money to her partner. I wonder if she's insecure and feels like that's the only way guys stick around? I actually think a mobile detailing business is a good idea - have your car detailed while you're at work! - but I was a little confused about why each of them was upset after that conversation.

I think he told her it was insulting that she said she'd support them both on camera -- implying he had NO income coming in -- and it humiliated him to have that assumption broadcast. She also said her income was "plenty" for the two of them (whereas she obviously thought his was not). He was upset she 'went there' publicly . . . income & money are touchy subjects, especially for men. She was upset because her INTENTION was to be uber-supportive and lessen the pressure on him to get his business to 100% success on a tight timeframe and he completely misinterpreted her kindness and obviously threw it back in her face.

Edited by ChiMama
  • Love 6
42 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I'm not believing she makes 80K.

I don't believe it, either. My sister in law taught for 30 yrs, has a masters degree and she never earned more than $62,000 per year, and that was only after many, many yrs of teaching. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Deonna's wise to take it slow. She hasn't really done a relationship, & this is a marriage, on TV, so it's good to be careful. Greg is being respectful of her space at the moment, which is great. She has a fun side he enjoys; she seemed to love the boat ride. And they're having real discussions such as their faith, church etc., which is what builds a relationship.

It was nice to see Iris & Keith having fun exploring the island; at least they ventured away from the beach for a bit. They do seem "Instagram ready".  I think the earrings Iris is partial to contribute to the old lady-ish look.

Jamie blurted out "I love you" but it was really about loving how he's with a chick who loves to be naked & have sex.  He'll get over it.

Matt's never been into Amber. Instead of slowing her roll he's having the sex, but is already over it & thinking about his break plan. What with her history of handing over paychecks & now prematurely offering her financial support, Amber's coming off desperate & vulnerable- not a good combination. She had been annoying me but I'm starting to feel badly for her. And I'm starting to despise Matt. He's probably another guy who thought he'd get an Instagram model or someone super hot just because he's an athlete. He comes off as an insincere doofus & I don't trust him.

13 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I will take Victor, Sheryl and her She Shed over the annoying lady in the "don't mess with my discount" ad any day.  And for the record, I believe Victor set the fire. 

She knows she's a nutter; her family loves her anyway & her co-workers are afraid of her. Just don't mess with her discount & she'll be okay.

Make Victor rebuild the She Shed then disappear into his own Man Cave; they'll last forever. ❤️

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't believe it, either. My sister in law taught for 30 yrs, has a masters degree and she never earned more than $62,000 per year, and that was only after many, many yrs of teaching. 

It depends on where you teach though. My own English teacher was earning over $90k after about 25 years. My nephew’s wife is a teacher and she balked at moving to SC because salaries are so much lower than what she was making in a different state. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

It depends on where you teach though. My own English teacher was earning over $90k after about 25 years. My nephew’s wife is a teacher and she balked at moving to SC because salaries are so much lower than what she was making in a different state. 

That's after 25 years, but Amber has been teaching for, what, five years at most?  I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but I'm beginning to think she inflated her salary.

• Love 4
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

That's after 25 years, but Amber has been teaching for, what, five years at most?  I'm trying to give her the benefit of the doubt but I'm beginning to think she inflated her salary.

I was responding to @bichonblitz‘s comment about her sister in law. But yeah, I’m not too sure about Amber. Maybe she was trying to make Matt feel better? I don’t know. I agree with whoever said it made her seem foolish and desperate. She doesn’t know this guy from a can of paint. Don’t hand over your check again. 

Edited by Soup333
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I don't know much about basketball but at 32, how many more seasons can Matt realistically play? He's likely never going to play for the NBA so it'll be all international at this point. I almost feel like these are opportunities he shouldn't pass up. Cars will still be dirty in a few seasons when his career ends.

• Love 3
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don't know much about basketball but at 32, how many more seasons can Matt realistically play? He's likely never going to play for the NBA so it'll be all international at this point. I almost feel like these are opportunities he shouldn't pass up. Cars will still be dirty in a few seasons when his career ends.

I understand that if basketball is his lifelong dream and he has a chance to play, he should. But he also should take Amber's feelings and his new marital status into consideration. Which he is not. When he was talking to the guys, he never brought up the idea of Amber coming with him overseas. Keith (I think) was the one who posed the question. Sure, it would be tough for a teacher to pack up and leave in the middle of a school year, but it sounds like Matt never even considered bringing his new bride with him if he ends up going on this long, long-distance assignment. He definitely didn't present it to Amber as if he wanted her to go with him.

I used to like Matt. I thought he was the strong, silent type. But he's turning out to be the tall, selfish, assholish type. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 14
15 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

That is something he should have thought about before getting married to anyone let alone a stranger, especially when he has already acknowledged that his career has made relationships difficult. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, topanga said:

I understand that if basketball is his lifelong dream and he has a chance to play, he should. But he also should take Amber's feelings and his new marital status into consideration. Which he is not. When he was talking to the guys, he never brought up the idea of Amber coming with him overseas. Keith (I think) was the one who posed the question. Sure, it would be tough for a teacher to pack up and leave in the middle of a school year, but it sounds like Matt never even considered bringing his new bride with him if he ends up going on this long, long-distance assignment. He definitely didn't present it to Amber as if he wanted her to go with him.

I used to like Matt. I though he was the strong, silent type. But he's turning out to be the tall, selfish, assholish type. 

No, it didn't sound as if he had even considered her coming along. And he mentioned something about Amber getting a job but as an American English teacher, that would be an easy thing for her to do, depending on which country he was playing for. I didn't get the impression that Matt wanted her along at all.

• Love 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree, Deonna always seems to be instructing Greg.  I liked her in the beginning but she really is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

I didn't like her last week either and said so.  She seems to be constantly putting Greg to the test in her mind.  The peck on the lips in bed after the honeymoon was practically over shows that they're not getting any more intimate in any way despite Deonna's talking head claiming that they were getting closer.  She has her shields firmly up and that's not a good sign after all these days.  She showed not one sign of melting at all.  And her reaction to hearing that he was once engaged and lived with a woman was ridiculous.  At her age most people have a past.  The fact that she doesn't have much of one makes her more the one to worry about, not him.

15 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Amber sounds like she's handing over her paycheck again. It's a bit early for her to be stepping up as provider.

Amber is embarrassing to all womankind.  You don't do that so soon, it sends the message to a guy that you want to be in control of him, be his mom, his caretaker.  Also most of all that you don't have trust in him to figure out how to make money for himself.  Huge turnoff.  His reaction was boneheaded (because he IS a bone head with a cave man mentality), but understandable.  He's the big he-man so her offering that is humiliating for him.  He's bad enough but I can't believe that Amber is even 27 and still has such an immature attitude.  She acts like she is desperate and needs to give away everything she has to her own detriment to keep a guy.  Most guys even if they like a woman find that incredibly unattractive and run the other way.

I actually think Amber's reaction was out of insecurity with the relationship because she thinks that Matt telling her that he might consider taking another basketball job so soon on a supposedly romantic date (what a mood killer!) is a sign that he's not that into her.  I hate to tell her but I think she's right.  Which is why she acted so desperate as to say she could support both of them.  I think she should trust the feeling in her gut that he's not into her and realize that nothing she does is going to change that.  In fact, what she said would only drive him further away.

Edited by Yeah No
  • Love 10

I agree that this season is a little more tolerable/boring than previous ones (and this is my third season watching). I also keep changing my perceptions of some of the people. I actually like Deonna more, but someone needs to tell her that the word she is looking for to describe Greg is RESPECTFUL, and not RESPECTABLE. Also, the word is whirlwind, not worldwind. And I was surprised to hear Iris talk about "Me and Keith's honeymoon. . ." That kind of poor grammar seems really prevalent in younger generations and it is just sad to me.

I actually do think that Deonna and Greg might just make it, as long as she keeps her immediate reactions in check. She seemed like she was going to explode at the idea that Greg had actually dated and was even engaged while she was busy dating herself, so was glad to see she didn't. I do like them together and hope that she can learn to be more receptive of his honest appreciation for her.

I also like Iris and Keith. I think they may make it, as well.

The other couples don't stand a chance. While Jamie already told Big Red that he loved her, I don't think he is really meaning it. He does like the constant sex, but has already said that she is challenging. She just needs to stop with the diva moments and accept that she is not all that, which will never happen, because she has always been told that she IS all that.

I agree with all of you who say that Amber is being a pathetic fangirl and is quick to try to  fix things, rather than letting her partner own up to his limitations. I know that she thinks she is being supportive and she wants him to know that she is ALL IN, but he isn't the same for her and I am sure he will take another basketball tour. I do feel sorry for her, but she is too much already and then talks about her not trusting people. I think she is going to be hurt again because he is not into her.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

When Elizabeth laid down her boobs continued standing up!!!  They looked fake to me!

Yes, it was only when she laid down that they looked fake...but they sure did look really fake when she was lying down.

16 minutes ago, Retired at last said:

I actually like Deonna more, but someone needs to tell her that the word she is looking for to describe Greg is RESPECTFUL, and not RESPECTABLE. Also, the word is whirlwind, not worldwind. 

Drove me up the wall!!

• Love 4

Did anyone notice how perfectly photo-ready Iris and Keith were on the boat ride while the other couples were struggling through the whole thing??

Amber was seasick, Greg was a little uncomfortable (but in a funny way...he has a great away of laughing his way through situations he doesn’t love - it’s a great trait - deonna is a lucky girl), and Elizabeth was just being the attention seeking headache she’s known to be. 

But Iris was perfectly tucked in under Keith’s arm as they both blissfully stared off into the sunset. They were perfectly aligned at a slight angle together, as if the Vogue photographer was standing by and had positioned them just right. They truly are a beautiful couple. I hope their marriage ends up being as beautiful as they physically appear together. I’m really rooting for them.

• Love 15
(edited)
15 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’m not buying it that Elizabeth was actually seasick. Before they left she was saying that she doesn’t like catamarans because she doesn’t like that trapped feeling and being stuck on a boat... Not once did she mention not liking boats because she gets seasick. Jamie essentially tells her to just chill.

Perhaps she didn't want to say that a catamaran lurching and jerking and swaying makes her do something disgusting and smelly and completely unromantic --throwing up!

If she said she was seasick...people might actually feel bad for her. Tada. Elizabeth becomes seasick. 

Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I’m calling foul. I think Amber’s seasickness was totally legit though. 

If that's what really happened, it was a very manipulative thing to do.

But I saw and recognized the look on Elizabeth's face as that boat was being tossed around by large waves while racing toward the little island. She was redder than usual, she looked like she was forcing her mouth to stay shut (that's unusual for her!) and she was clearly embarrassed by being seen on TV (and by her brand-new spouse) like that. Elizabeth might have a fear of boats -- but I think it's because she gets sea-sick

8 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Except she had no problem with beach activities, so getting wet wasn't the issue. 

Obviously, her only problem with beach activities is sunburn.

7 hours ago, topanga said:

I got seasick on my honeymoon during a boat excursion, and it was awful. 

I understand. 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Soup333 said:

No, it didn't sound as if he had even considered her coming along. And he mentioned something about Amber getting a job but as an American English teacher, that would be an easy thing for her to do, depending on which country he was playing for. I didn't get the impression that Matt wanted her along at all.

Wow. I didn't even think about the possibility of Amber going on the road with him! That didn't really even seem to come up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I'm not ready to call Matt an asshole for not being interested in Amber.  I think the basketball talk was Matt was giving her a heads up that he wanted out of the marriage.  

I think it's difficult, especially for the man in the relationship, to want to get out of the MAFS marriage without some people thinking he's an asshole. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, gingerandcloves said:

Yeah, it seems like if he were really set on making the marriage last, he would be determined to work locally, and not be so easily persuaded to return to basketball. I mean, he can't play forever anyway, he's going to have to retire sooner or later.

You are right.  She was too eager from day one telling him how cute he was, having sex right off the bat, complimenting him all the time.  Sort of like a stalker. Maybe he doesn’t like all that.  Some guys love it, some get scary vibes.  Who knows?  He’s not very talkative.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, Soup333 said:

...I also don't get people saying they love Elizabeth. I find her to be extremely off-putting and attention seeking and the way my introversion is set up, I couldn't be around her antics for more than a couple seconds.

Folks say they love E's free spirit.

black real housewives of atlanta GIF by Identity

I do have to say that while I can point to specific instances where Elizabeth’s actions/behavior are irritating, Jamie really gets on my nerves and I can’t articulate why (last season I couldn’t stand AJ and I thought Stephanie was a saint for putting up with him, so I fully expected to be sympathetic to Jamie for being stuck with Chardy E). Maybe it’s his dumb hat? I have to thank the experts for matching those two with each other so I’m not left fast forwarding half the snow.

6 hours ago, Cammi said:

I noticed at their romantic dinner that Amber told Matt how sexy he looked. And he said- "Thank you." That's it. I didn't hear him offer anything up for her.... I think this has happened more than once. Amber "fangirling" over Matt, with no reciprocation.

I find myself cringing at Amber wearing her “wifey” t-shirt while Matt’s corresponding one is nowhere to be found. It’s like watching someone continuously get rejected for a high five. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
8 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I'm not ready to call Matt an asshole for not being interested in Amber.  I think the basketball talk was Matt was giving her a heads up that he wanted out of the marriage.  

I think it's difficult, especially for the man in the relationship, to want to get out of the MAFS marriage without some people thinking he's an asshole. 

True but he didn't have to start having sex with her. She's not been his type from the start; he even said on Unfiltered he was disappointed, but he jumped into sex with her anyway. He could've pumped the breaks instead of Amber, in an effort to see if there was anything there for him. I'd never slam the guy for not being attracted, & if he keeps his distance because of that it's more respectful IMO. But I do think the sex will end soon & he'll start keeping his distance, which is going to sting for Amber.

• Love 10
10 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

You are right.  She was too eager from day one telling him how cute he was, having sex right off the bat, complimenting him all the time.  Sort of like a stalker. Maybe he doesn’t like all that.  Some guys love it, some get scary vibes.  Who knows?  He’s not very talkative.

He isn't giving her anything to work with. Also as someone who has been stalked, that is not how stalkers act. 

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

True but he didn't have to start having sex with her. She's not been his type from the start; he even said on Unfiltered he was disappointed, but he jumped into sex with her anyway. He could've pumped the breaks instead of Amber, in an effort to see if there was anything there for him. I'd never slam the guy for not being attracted, & if he keeps his distance because of that it's more respectful IMO. But I do think the sex will end soon & he'll start keeping his distance, which is going to sting for Amber.

Maybe Amber jumped his bones.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Yeah No said:

it sends the message to a guy that you want to be in control of him, be his mom, his caretaker. 

Didn't one of the grooms (Keith, to Iris?) actually literally say last night "Don't act like you're my mother?" Yeah, they don't like that, unless they're a mama's boy and want their wife to continue to spoil and cater to them in the style to which they've become accustomed (+sex).

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

No one forced him to lead her on by having sex with her. And if he wants out then he should grow up and say so. Instead he decided to cruelly put her down enough off camera that the spark completely left her eyes. Then he wanted to pretend that he had no idea why she was upset. 

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah, but now we fall into Luke's "She was so aggressive" excuse. This is why Will was admired (by some) last season. He could have slept with Jasmine but he didn't because he KNEW it wasn't gonna last. Matt could have done the same but the honest truth was that Amber was an eager, easy lay and he's not the type of guy to turn down some strange (wife or no).

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

He still could've backed off if he didn't find her attractive - I doubt he was raped LOL.

If she jumped him maybe he didn't want to hurt her feelings.  I think he finds her to be cute, just not his type.  

29 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Matt could have done the same but the honest truth was that Amber was an eager, easy lay and he's not the type of guy to turn down some strange (wife or no).

Yeah that too.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohwell said:

If she jumped him maybe he didn't want to hurt her feelings.  I think he finds her to be cute, just not his type.  

But, this isn't a hookup, they're married. If he feels she's not his type, but is still having sex with her, it's going to come off as using her & she will be hurt by that.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

He doesn't care if he hurts her feelings, which is why he tore her down off camera. I'm so tired of this excuse, especially on the heels of last season. These men are not having sex with Amber, Kate, or any other woman to avoid hurt feelings. That is not a thing that is happening.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

But, this isn't a hookup, they're married. If he feels she's not his type, but is still having sex with her, it's going to come off as using her & she will be hurt by that.

Ok, I'm not gonna go back and forth about this, you've got your opinion and I've got mine, so we can just leave it at that. 😊

• Love 3

Oh geez Deonna, get over yourself! Most people, by age 30 or 32 in Greg's case, have had a significant other. So what if she was a fiancee rather than girlfriend!

There is a big difference between dating someone and being engaged to him/her. I think that Deonna was surprised that, five days in, Greg hadn't mentioned having been engaged before. I think that's reasonable and I think that her actual reaction (not the reaction implied by the craftily cut-off preview of this scene) was fine. 

I like Deonna. I like Deonna with Greg. They both seem to have good senses of humor. I love the flashback of them dancing while packing - especially Greg's "make it rain" move. I think they place a similar value on faith and I think her reaction to him being on the parking team for his church was cute.. It was also cute when he asked her for dirt after shopping with the other brides -I can see them gossiping about the other couples together in a sweet sort of way. I also thought Greg was adorable was cracking up on camera as he was talking about being aroused at the sight of his wife in a bathing suit.

Deonna may seem blunt or instructive, but I'll give her this. She is honest and straightforward. Greg will always know where he stands with her and I think Deonna wants that in return. I really do think these two have a good chance of being happy together as long as they continue to communicate openly and honestly. I'm crossing my fingers for them - they are my favorite couple so far.

I’m not buying it that Elizabeth was actually seasick. Before they left she was saying that she doesn’t like catamarans because she doesn’t like that trapped feeling and being stuck on a boat for hours... Not once did she mention not liking boats because she gets seasick.

Jamie said something about her throwing up after she got off the boat. At one point, Elizabeth said something about "now I have to eat dinner when I'm all sandy and coverd in salt water." I think she didn't like not being able to wash off during the full-day boat trip -she said something similar about how she didn't want to eat lunch when she was sandy from the volleyball game. I understand this - but I still can't stand her.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

It really depends on where you teach. Some districts pay "well" and there are often incentives if you teach a certain subject or in a high poverty school.

6 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

?What TMI did she share?

When Elizabeth was lamenting not being able to have sex with Jamie because she was on her period, Jamie Otis said something to the effect of “oh, just have sex in the shower during that time of the month!”

4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

I taught for 32 years in NY and I did not hit $80,000 until my 30th year and that included extra pay for being department head and running the national honor society. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yeah that too.

My take on this is that he found her instant adoration flattering and was sincerely attracted. Now she seems overly clingy and kind of desperate - and that is a total turn-off. Not defending his behaviour, but I think he was trying to pump the brakes with the out of town basketball talk, and her offering to support him just pushed him further away.  She is too immature for this and doesn't appear to have learned anything from her previous relationship where she was evidently the breadwinner also.

I like Iris and think she's gorgeous, but to me she seems prissy and uptight. Her meltdown over the ring was absolutely ridiculous.

I can't believe that Greg and Dionne never discussed relationship history or living arrangements until Day 5??

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, lizajane said:

I like Iris and think she's gorgeous, but to me she seems prissy and uptight. Her meltdown over the ring was absolutely ridiculous.

I didn't see a meltdown.  I saw Iris be very concerned but intently go about looking for it.  No yelling, screaming, stomping, storming off, cursing, tantrum...

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

I didn't see a meltdown.  I saw Iris be very concerned but intently go about looking for it.  No yelling, screaming, stomping, storming off, cursing, tantrum...

I saw overreaction.

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I like Deonna. I like Deonna with Greg. They both seem to have good senses of humor. I love the flashback of them dancing while packing - especially Greg's "make it rain" move. I think they place a similar value on faith and I think her reaction to him being on the parking team for his church was cute.. It was also cute when he asked her for dirt after shopping with the other brides -I can see them gossiping about the other couples together in a sweet sort of way. I also thought Greg was adorable was cracking up on camera as he was talking about being aroused at the sight of his wife in a bathing suit.

Deonna may seem blunt or instructive, but I'll give her this. She is honest and straightforward. Greg will always know where he stands with her and I think Deonna wants that in return. I really do think these two have a good chance of being happy together as long as they continue to communicate openly and honestly.

I agree with all of this. I think she's just not super comfortable yet, and by her own words she is an introvert, which never comes off great on this show (although extreme extroverts don't work so well either: see AJ or Elizabeth). I love Greg, and I hope she can too because he seems so nice and funny and adorable. I think they are on the same page on what they want, and I do think they communicate well. The show seems to be trying to make things dramatic with all of the ominous music and edits, but every time they show the entire exchange, it's a completely reasonable conversation. She's obviously not a lovey-dovey person, and her sense of humor is pretty dry, but she doesn't read cold to me. I really hope they work out.

Amber sounds like a giggly schoolgirl, but when it was time for serious discussion, she seemed her age. I thought they handled the disagreement maturely. Despite that, I don't see these two lasting.

I have no idea what to think about Elizabeth and Jamie. They are hot and cold. It is wayyyy too early for "I love you". I think it's more like, "I love your boobs".......He's obviously a boob guy, based on the way he ogled the casino girl, and now his wife. I find him kind of creepy. It's kind of mean, but for me, Jamie is possibly the most unattractive person ever cast on this show, just based off of looks. He looks like Uncle Fester, and has a pasty dad bod worse than AJ did last season. I just don't get it. It doesn't help him standing next to Keith either......

Overall though, I gotta say, this season seems like a bunch of normal, mature adults. Of course, they all have personality quirks, but (so far) there isn't a total psycho/sociopath/criminal/lying famewhore in the bunch. I could be proved completely wrong next week though.......

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

1 hour ago, aphroditewitch said:

He isn't giving her anything to work with. Also as someone who has been stalked, that is not how stalkers act. 

aphroditewitch, I hope your stalker is long gone and that you are safe. I initially misread your post and thought you said you'd been a stalker, and I was like, "Girl, what did you do?"

No, Matt is not a talker. Which is why, and I know this is not a popular opinion, Easy E and Jamie are my favorite couple this week. Disclaimer: I didn't like the way Jamie treated Liz on the catamaran, and her melodrama is annoying. But, this is a couple that uses their words. I think it helps that they are both in their 30s and seem more mature than the other couples. They have done a fairly good job of communicating their feelings to one another. And they both seem equally invested in making their marriage work. Will it last? Does Jamie really love Liz, or does he just love the sex? I don't know. But I can say they are both trying their hardest to give this crazy experiment a shot. 

That's more than I can say at this point for Matt, sometimes Deonna, and sometimes even Keith. Yes, I like Keith, but he's not good at expressing his feelings either. He'll talk about things when Iris raises the topic, but he doesn't volunteer to share his feelings. And down the line, I can see him thinking of Iris as a nagging wife who asks too many damn questions and doesn't give him peace. All because she doesn't know what in the world he's thinking.

28 minutes ago, lizajane said:

Her meltdown over the ring was absolutely ridiculous.

Yes, Iris did have a meltdown. The girl acted like Keith had lost the Hope Diamond. More importantly, she acted like if he couldn't find his ring, they wouldn't be married anymore.  Iris is great, but she can be melodramatic herself. 

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, lizajane said:

My take on this is that he found her instant adoration flattering and was sincerely attracted. Now she seems overly clingy and kind of desperate - and that is a total turn-off. Not defending his behaviour, but I think he was trying to pump the brakes with the out of town basketball talk, and her offering to support him just pushed him further away.  She is too immature for this and doesn't appear to have learned anything from her previous relationship where she was evidently the breadwinner also.

While I think it is not a great idea to just offer up money, there isn't anything wrong with a woman being the breadwinner and she wasn't in the wrong here. She made it clear she was willing to be the support while his business got off the ground. I feel she was put in a lose-lose situation. If she hadn't offered to be supportive of his business plans, she would have been criticized. But when she offers to be supportive, she gets criticized too. Matt's ego and whatever else couldn't handle it. 

The ring thing with Iris and Keith seemed fake. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

When Elizabeth was lamenting not being able to have sex with Jamie because she was on her period, Jamie Otis said something to the effect of “oh, just have sex in the shower during that time of the month!”

I’m gonna butt in, but, I THINK she said something like “do what you have to do, and then take a shower”.  I taped it, so I’ll take another look see and get back.  I was kind of surprised she would say something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Ilovepie said:

I have no idea what to think about Elizabeth and Jamie. They are hot and cold. It is wayyyy too early for "I love you". I think it's more like, "I love your boobs".......He's obviously a boob guy, based on the way he ogled the casino girl, and now his wife. I find him kind of creepy. It's kind of mean, but for me, Jamie is possibly the most unattractive person ever cast on this show, just based off of looks. He looks like Uncle Fester, and has a pasty dad bod worse than AJ did last season. I just don't get it. It doesn't help him standing next to Keith either......

I find him creepy as well. He's definitely loving the boobs/sex. I think A.J. made up for his dad bod with a personality, albeit an obnoxious one, there were times he was entertaining. Jamie is a dud - a creepy dud.

Keith not expressing emotions, or anything really. He was finally a bit playful with Iris on the island, but mostly he's just been there looking pretty.

5 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

While I think it is not a great idea to just offer up money, there isn't anything wrong with a woman being the breadwinner and she wasn't in the wrong here. She made it clear she was willing to be the support while his business got off the ground. I feel she was put in a lose-lose situation. If she hadn't offered to be supportive of his business plans, she would have been criticized. But when she offers to be supportive, she gets criticized too. Matt's ego and whatever else couldn't handle it. 

As a wife she did great expressing support, but too early not knowing this guy or his true intentions to offer him her financial support. That's where I think she should've waited. She has a history of handing over paychecks to men who used her (according to her sister, I think), so, it's concerning.

Agree on Matt's ego & the fake ring scene.

5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

I’m gonna butt in, but, I THINK she said something like “do what you have to do, and then take a shower”.  I taped it, so I’ll take another look see and get back.  I was kind of surprised she would say something like that.

This was bizarre. She actually addressed the period thing with Liz then takes it a step further to say something like, -honestly after 5 yrs (her & Doug) just do what you do & take a shower after-  Even Pepper looked like geez, TMI Jamie.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
18 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

BUT this is not the first time she has done this. Her sister said she supported her last live in guy who apparently was a user and a leech. That is all I am saying.

Edited by lizajane
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Men love the thrill of the hunt!  No hunter wants his prey to lay down in front of him!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Atia said:

I taught for 32 years in NY and I did not hit $80,000 until my 30th year and that included extra pay for being department head and running the national honor society. 

Did you work in the City or on Long Island?  Huge difference in salary.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2