Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Paradise Lost?

• Start Topic

55 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

I really want a "She Shed".

I hate this ad with a burning fire

41 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Did he tell the experts that he might be gone six months of the year BEFORE he took this gig?

I feel like he is giving himself an easy out with Amber.  He says "If my new venture doesn't do that great,  I might be gone for 6-10 months". She says it's a deal breaker and now it isn't his fault the marriage failed. And even if his new venture isn't a complete failure he can find some excuse to go overseas to get away from his new bride. 

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I feel like he is giving himself an easy out with Amber.  He says "If my new venture doesn't do that great,  I might be gone for 6-10 months". She says it's a deal breaker and now it isn't his fault the marriage failed. And even if his new venture isn't a complete failure he can find some excuse to go overseas to get away from his new bride. 

Yeah, it seems like if he were really set on making the marriage last, he would be determined to work locally, and not be so easily persuaded to return to basketball. I mean, he can't play forever anyway, he's going to have to retire sooner or later.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Oh geez Deonna, get over yourself! Most people, by age 30 or 32 in Greg's case, have had a significant other. So what if she was a fiancee rather than girlfriend!

Yeah, get over yourself.  Everything is about her.  What about him?  I can just see if they finally have sex.  She’ll be calling all the shots, or maybe give him an instruction book.

• LOL 1
  • Love 11
2 minutes ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I will take Victor, Sheryl and her She Shed over the annoying lady in the "don't mess with my discount" ad any day.  And for the record, I believe Victor set the fire. 

Something about Matt doesn't sit right with me.  I don't believe his intentions for doing this show was to find a spouse. 

Add me to the love Greg and Keith list.  Those guys seem really good and decent.  Sheila, Vanessa and Jasmine are probably cursing under the breaths. (lol)

• LOL 12
  • Love 10
(edited)

Does anyone watch Afterbuzz TV on YouTube? (It’s also broadcast as a podcast). Pretty good analysis of the episodes and each couple. 

Did anyone see the preview for next week?

Nope. Looks like they jumped right into the Millionaire show. 

Edited by Gurkel
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

Does anyone watch Afterbuzz TV on YouTube? (It’s also broadcast as a podcast). Pretty good analysis of the episodes and each couple. 

Nope. Looks like they jumped right into the Millionaire show. 

Yes, they jumped in.  Probably gave Jamie O. More air time being she was on a roll tonight.

40 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

And for the record, I believe Victor set the fire. 

Ditto! Victor is so beaten down. Even his hose barely has a dribble coming out of it. Setting the she shed fire was his breakout moment but the insurance company totally ruined it. And now it’s going to be even “sheeshier”. Poor Victor. 

On a separate note, I’m very concerned that Elizabeth seemed to take zero responsibility for her blowup after the lunch miscommunication. But it makes perfect sense, I’m sure she grew up with her dad telling her she never does anything wrong. Good luck Jamie.

Lastly, Elizabeth and Jamie have received way too much airtime tonight and I’ve only watched unfiltered so far. Ugh. Her pink unfiltered dress fits about as well as her wedding dress. Note to Elizabeth: Wearing an oversized bra (or wearing oversized clothes that would accommodate a big bra 3x your size, if you were to ever actually wear one) does not magically give you big boobs to fill them. She needs a seamstress in her life more than a husband.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 6
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Spectator said:

Ditto! Victor is so beaten down. Even his hose barely has a dribble coming out of it. Setting the she shed fire was his breakout moment but the insurance company totally ruined it. And now it’s going to be even “sheeshier”. Poor Victor. 

On a separate note, I’m very concerned that Elizabeth seemed to take zero responsibility for her blowup after the lunch miscommunication. But it makes perfect sense, I’m sure she grew up with her dad telling her she never does anything wrong. Good luck Jamie.

Lastly, Elizabeth and Jamie have received way too much airtime tonight and I’ve only watched unfiltered so far. Ugh. Her pink unfiltered dress fits about as well as her wedding dress. Note to Elizabeth: Wearing an oversized bra (or wearing oversized clothes that would accommodate a big bra 3x your size, if you were to ever actually wear one) does not magically give you big boobs to fill them. She needs a seamstress in her life more than a husband.

Elizabeth & Jamie got lots of air time because there’s nothing going on with Dionna and what’s her face.  Nothing going on .. nothing to talk about.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Gurkel said:

Did anyone see the preview for next week?

The preview aired during the (boring) Marrying Millions show. It was just a clip of Iris finding an empty box of condoms in Keith's bedside table and getting a little upset about it.

I think Matt is over Amber already and I don't exactly blame him. She's acting like a desperate groupie. It's so odd how she offered up her salary like that and I wasn't surprised that he didn't like it.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

Oh geez Deonna, get over yourself! Most people, by age 30 or 32 in Greg's case, have had a significant other. So what if she was a fiancee rather than girlfriend!

She said the past is the past. That was completely reasonable.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, wait.what said:

I stopped watching this series because the couples were so awful the past few seasons. I always read here, though! 

After seeing the comments here I decided to try watching again. I was pleasantly surprised. None of the couples or individuals are perfect, but at least it’s not completely obvious that the couples are absolute failures. 

Has there been any season with more than one “success” since the first season? Even the first season has only one couple still together. (Right?)

I haven’t watched every season but I believe four couples have babies now.

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah, get over yourself.  Everything is about her.  What about him?  I can just see if they finally have sex.  She’ll be calling all the shots, or maybe give him an instruction book.

She will definitely be judging him!

• Love 1

I’m not buying it that Elizabeth was actually seasick. Before they left she was saying that she doesn’t like catamarans because she doesn’t like that trapped feeling and being stuck on a boat for hours without having everything she might need. Not once did she mention not liking boats because she gets seasick.

Then on the outbound boat trip the cameras catch her getting visibly irritated when she’s hit by a wave. I think she just doesn’t like being wet.

Then on the way back she gets hit by another wave and she complains about having to eat dinner while she’s wet and salty. Jamie essentially tells her to just chill.

I think this is when she realized all her complaining wasn’t so cute. I think she realized that being super negative and bitchy about being trapped on a boat and getting wet wasn’t endearing her to anyone (especially since everyone around her was enduring the same thing). Her attitude certainly wasn’t going to win her any sympathy points. She needed a plan B. 

So then she looked at the attention, sympathy and kudos Amber was receiving for toughing it out while being seasick so I think Elizabeth decided that would be a great cover for her bitchiness. If she said she was seasick instead of just annoyed by the waves, she might not be perceived as the foul mouthed complainer anymore, but instead people might actually feel bad for her. Tada. Elizabeth becomes seasick. Not a bad strategy, as long as people never realize the truth.

Perhaps I’m too cynical, but I’m calling foul. I think Amber’s seasickness was totally legit though. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Something about Matt doesn't sit right with me.  I don't believe his intentions for doing this show was to find a spouse. 

2 hours ago, watchingtvaddict said:

I feel like he is giving himself an easy out with Amber.  He says "If my new venture doesn't do that great,  I might be gone for 6-10 months". She says it's a deal breaker and now it isn't his fault the marriage failed. And even if his new venture isn't a complete failure he can find some excuse to go overseas to get away from his new bride

I agree with you both. I don’t think Matt is into Amber, and when he talked about maybe getting another basketball contact overseas, he might be setting up his reason for getting out of the marriage at the end of the eight weeks. 

I don’t ever see Deonna doing anything to make Greg feel loved or appreciated. 

Have the couples talked about Love Languages yet? I think they’ve done this in prior seasons. I think learning how your spouse needs to be shown love (through gifts, words of affirmation, etc) goes a long way to helping couples communicate and eloping them be kind to their spouses. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I totally agree 100%. U couldn't be more dead on right about deonna there.

Clearly she has more nuts in her jar than the planters peanut company.

All I hear now are 10 years worth of cuckoo clocks going off in her head because that girl is acting cra ray zee !!!!

I think its so stupid for her to give attitude and judge others just because she decided to stupidly lock herself away in a cave for past 10 years. That however doesn't mean that others should have also done the same, but she expects them to have.

It seems that she is always acting surprised that she wasnt match up with a guy who also locked himself away for past 10 years as well. Like if that is actually normal behavior. 

So what now Dumbanna? ( yes, thats what Im gonna call u from now on) u decide to put your life on pause for 10 years? yet others are not allowed to have lived theirs in that same time?

Stop acting so surprised and so damn hurt every time u hear that others have lived a life while u were hiding on your deserted island the past 10 years " dating yourself " .

All I hear now when she opens her mouth is cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo . . .

Cuckoo.gif

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I agree, Deonna always seems to be instructing Greg.  I liked her in the beginning but she really is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

Add me to that club as well. I'll bring over drinks and snacks for our gatherings lol

🤣🤣

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

Dumbanna is gonna give greg this book and then make him read it cover to cover first. Twice.

🤣🤣

497332._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

• LOL 2

I'm feeling sorry for Greg. He had no problem admitting the break up of his past relationship was partly his fault. He said he was too jealous and controlling and decided to go to therapy to get himself together. Not many people would admit that right off the bat like that. He's a good guy! Too good for Deonna. She is definitely going to be the boss in that relationship. Already telling him what to wear. You have to wear the teal bathing suit today to match mine, then we'll be cute! Shut up, girl. 

Eliz the Diva is high maintenance. I have been seasick before and it's pretty miserable but damn she will always find some way to keep the focus on herself. She's exhausting. 

Something about Iris reminds me of an old lady. She's beautiful but not cool, she's kinda dorky. Keith is cool. 

Isn't Matt in his 30's? How much longer is his basketball career going to last? Maybe he shouldn't have brought the job situation up at a romatic getting to know you honeymoon dinner. 

• Love 15
(edited)

I like Deonna more with every episode. It's not love yet, not like it is with Greg, but it's getting there. I L-O-V her, to quote Keith from last season.  I don't get why others have such a negative view of her but I also don't get people saying they love Elizabeth. I find her to be extremely off-putting and attention seeking and the way my introversion is set up, I couldn't be around her antics for more than a couple seconds.

Folks say they love E's free spirit. I love Deonna's sense of humor and the way she and Greg communicate. I didn't see bossiness in her telling him to wear the teal shorts. They'd already talked about being matchy matchy on the honeymoon. She'd told him she'd let the other wives know they happened to chose the same color swimsuits so why not wear them on their group outing? I didn't feel like there was even a hint of bossiness in her tone and for all we know, Greg might like help getting dressed. I could easily see them wearing matching outfits to church on occasion. LOL.

I understand why E's sisters weren't at her wedding.

I wanted to hear the misinterpreted conversation where Matt told Amber he felt insulted! We were cheated out of judging his tone and/or her sensitivity! 

Iris is dorky but in a sweet kind of way (that gets out of hand sometimes). She's growing on me a little bit. I already love her husband. Keith seems really chill. She comes off as a little bit Mrs. Knowitall when the wives are all together though, which is odd to me. 

I was a little confused by Iris and Keith coming up with two negatives to talk about every other day. Did they actually say it was two negatives or was it just two things in general? I would hope they'd list some positives as well.

Edited by Soup333
Changed Miss to Mrs. because Iris married a stranger! And she’s a virgin!
  • Love 15
7 hours ago, Spectator said:

I’m not buying it that Elizabeth was actually seasick. Before they left she was saying that she doesn’t like catamarans because she doesn’t like that trapped feeling and being stuck on a boat for hours without having everything she might need. Not once did she mention not liking boats because she gets seasick.

Then on the outbound boat trip the cameras catch her getting visibly irritated when she’s hit by a wave. I think she just doesn’t like being wet.

Except she had no problem with beach activities, so getting wet wasn't the issue. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I noticed at their romantic dinner that Amber told Matt how sexy he looked. And he said- "Thank you." That's it. I didn't hear him offer anything up for her.... I think this has happened more than once. Amber "fangirling" over Matt, with no reciprocation. Which is fine tbh, but I don't see them lasting. I am sure he is used to "fangirling" to a certain extent, probably due to women reacting to his height alone. I do not find him attractive, especially his voice. But some women just love tall men, no matter their looks. I am willing to bet that heart break is headed Amber's way. Even if Matt isn't comfortable being verbal with compliments, I would think he would kiss her hand, or make an effort to lean across the table to kiss her in place of a verbal compliment. I dunno, I don't think he is as into her as she is him. 

Edited by Cammi
  • Love 17
15 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

Except she had no problem with beach activities, so getting wet wasn't the issue. 

Or swan-diving during the volleyball game and getting sand up her vagina. 

I feel for Amber--I got seasick on my honeymoon during a boat excursion, and it was awful. I think she and Matt had the most problems this week. Not just the money discussion or his possibly going oversees again to play basketball. In Unfiltered, she said they had good physical intimacy but not much emotional intimacy. And I felt that on the main show as well. I wonder if Matt has ever opened up to anyone. Or is it that he just doesn't feel that emotional chemistry with Amber?

• Love 7
14 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I noticed at their romantic dinner that Amber told Matt how sexy he looked. And he said- "Thank you." That's it. I didn't hear him offer anything up for her.... I think this has happened more than once. Amber "fangirling" over Matt, with no reciprocation. Which is fine tbh, but I don't see them lasting. I am sure he is used to "fangirling" to a certain extent, probably due to women reacting to his height alone. I do not find him attractive, especially his voice. But some women just love tall men, no matter their looks. I am willing to bet that heart break is headed Amber's way. Even if Matt isn't comfortable being verbal with compliments, I would think he would kiss her hand, or make an effort to lean across the table to kiss her in place of a verbal compliment. I dunno, I don't think he is as into her as she is him. 

I think Amber likes the idea of Matt more than Matt himself, she likes that she was matched with someone sporty. But the bloom seems to be coming off already because she was obviously unhappy about how he treated her off camera. They won't last and Matt seems like a thoughtless person when it comes to how he interacts with people. 

• Love 12

I agree with whoever said it's troubling that Amber immediately jumped to "I'll support you!" given her sister revealing that in past relationships she'd just hand over her money to her partner. I wonder if she's insecure and feels like that's the only way guys stick around? I actually think a mobile detailing business is a good idea - have your car detailed while you're at work! - but I was a little confused about why each of them was upset after that conversation.

Jamie is in love with Elizabeth? She put it on him like that? OK then.

Deonna really does seem surprised that she wasn't matched with someone who also had no romantic life for ten years. Like, it's not that weird that Greg was engaged before. It really isn't. If Greg had said he'd been engaged three times, that would raise my eyebrows, but to have been engaged once and had it not work out is not that strange.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I was a little confused by Iris and Keith coming up with two negatives to talk about every other day. Did they actually say it was two negatives or was it just two things in general? I would hope they'd list some positives as well.

I'm convinced now with the theory Iris is thinking of starting a self-help youtube type channel for relationships. She is giving the other wives advice about things if they like it or not and telling them how to "enhance" the experience. 

I think what Iris and Keith do is set aside time once every second day to talk about things that annoy them. Deonna didn't like the idea because you're sitting on information/gathering information for a while and she believes you should talk about it in the moment. I'm not sure if Greg agrees with her completely because she didn't really ask for his opinion. 

• Love 1

Jamie didn't say he was in love with Easy E. He blurted out,  "I love you."

And Miss Drama Queen (I belong to her tribe,  heh) is misjudging Jamie. He's an Ignorer,  not a Caterer (we really try for Worshipper,  but any port in a storm!), and thus she is going to be frustrated trying to get his attention by "You didn't look for me!" or "You didn't care I was seasick!" Jamie doesn't seem to be the Always Affirming type. 

Matt,  Matt,  Matt.  A newlywed already checking his options.  He was mad, not humiliated,  because Amber's "Supporting Salary" card trumped his "Get Out of Marriage Free" card. Curses,  foiled again!

Keith and Iris. Two words: "Instagram Careers"! 

Greg, in the ocean hoping for Costanza Shrinkage. Bwahaha! His religiosity seems a bit more (Read: a lot more) intense than does Deonna's. He waxed while she waned.

• Love 19
(edited)
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Did Amber say she made $80k teaching?  

I find that hard to believe, especially since she doesn't work for three months in the summer.

Matt is tall but just doesn't look athletic to me.  What are all these basketball teams that he plays for?

Also why he is bringing up playing basketball when his title is "ex-basketball player"? Isn't that what the show is calling him along with "tomboy" Amber?

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Deonna really does seem surprised that she wasn't matched with someone who also had no romantic life for ten years. Like, it's not that weird that Greg was engaged before. It really isn't. If Greg had said he'd been engaged three times, that would raise my eyebrows, but to have been engaged once and had it not work out is not that strange.

I feel like people are acting like Deonna made a big deal about his previous engagement when she didn't. He clumsily brought it up so she asked about it. She didn't condemn him for it and even tried to make him feel better about it by saying the old engagement wasn't meant to be. 

• Love 8

Previous posters have already confirmed similar and even higher teacher salaries. As for when teachers work vs salary: Consider the summer as make-up for all the prior overtime,  including week-ends. TIA. (Disclosure: Retired English teacher here.)

• Love 4
(edited)

I’m falling in love with Greg.  He’s got a quiet confidence and is so adorable and charming.  I really like Keith, too.  These two are making the show for me.  

I’m concerned about Matt and trying to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is just a doofus and not an ass.   

I’d be curious to know how long Elizabeth’s relationships last.  She thinks she is so, so special and she’s not.  I can see a lot of guys finding her fun and quick to bed at first, and then annoying AF after a few weeks.

Many of my teacher friends make around $50K and get to $80K by tutoring, writing educational materials, or some other moonlighting job.  Amber seems to keep busy so I can imagine her having a supplemental job or two.

Edited by Booger666
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, Adeejay said:

I will take Victor, Sheryl and her She Shed over the annoying lady in the "don't mess with my discount" ad any day. 

I have no idea why, but I like the annoying lady in the mess/discount ads...I think it's because she sells it very well.  She's sort of like a cousin to the annoying lady in the Red Robin burger ads, but I don't like that lady at all.

9 hours ago, LilaFowler said:

The preview aired during the (boring) Marrying Millions show. It was just a clip of Iris finding an empty box of condoms in Keith's bedside table and getting a little upset about it.

The preview also shows at the end of the mylifetime.com replay.  There is another preview scene, which is pretty interesting...apparently Amber is upset that now that they are living together, Matt seems to just want to be her roommate, because of preferring to live in separate spaces (or something like that).

2 hours ago, Soup333 said:

I like Deonna more with every episode. It's not love yet, not like it is with Greg, but it's getting there. 

Me too, and I was one of the extreme skeptics at first with her.  So far, she seems to take things in deliberately, discuss them openly, process them fairly rapidly, then draw a conclusion of something to move forward with.  She's not getting hung up on sh*t.  We also saw her fun-loving side on the choppy-AF boat ride.

51 minutes ago, Cammi said:

I noticed at their romantic dinner that Amber told Matt how sexy he looked. And he said- "Thank you." That's it. I didn't hear him offer anything up for her.

I was so surprised by that. Does he really have no comparable compliment to hand out?  No reciprocating physical gesture?  Is dude really that clueless or is there just nothing there for him?

13 hours ago, PityFree said:

OMG! Jamie Otis is out of control with  TMI tonight! Jebus.

What TMI did she share?

12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

So far this is kinda boring.

I much prefer a season like this, where there are couples without freakishly large issues or ridiculous drama, and we just see them getting to know each other and dealing with little things that come up, and how they resolve the inevitable conflict that will arise as they begin to merge their lives.  I hope all 4 of them make it, and I don't think I've ever felt that way even when there were just 3.

• Love 9

I think playing basketball in Mexico is a lazy man's dream!  Three hots and a cot plus some spending money!  It's hard to leave that easy life for a new wife.

I think Amber was offering to help him get started and put on his big boy pants and get a real job.  He was embarrassed that we would think he had no money.  I think he has very little and I expect the detailing gig is pie in the sky.

I'm really surprised they took Matt with no job.  I think that very unfair to Amber.

I'm surprised Gregg could get it up over little miss bossy!  She would be a huge turn off for most men!  She did brighten up when she heard he has a brand new four bedroom house!

Jamie is in love with Elizabeth 's fake boobs.  He can't stop staring at them.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I find that hard to believe, especially since she doesn't work for three months in the summer.

Matt is tall but just doesn't look athletic to me.  What are all these basketball teams that he plays for?

Also why he is bringing up playing basketball when his title is "ex-basketball player"? Isn't that what the show is calling him along with "tomboy" Amber?

It’s a quick “Get out of Jail” card for him.  I think he’s through with Amber, unfortunately.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, aphroditewitch said:

I feel like people are acting like Deonna made a big deal about his previous engagement when she didn't. He clumsily brought it up so she asked about it. She didn't condemn him for it and even tried to make him feel better about it by saying the old engagement wasn't meant to be. 

She also said everyone has a past. She acknowledged that she hasn't been dating but other people have. It was made to look like she was going to flip over it but she really didn't. I think people have just made up her minds about Deonna at this point. 

• Love 13
10 hours ago, Gurkel said:

Thanks for the tip.  Just watched it and it’s good.

13 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

She also said everyone has a past. She acknowledged that she hasn't been dating but other people have. It was made to look like she was going to flip over it but she really didn't. I think people have just made up her minds about Deonna at this point. 

Pretty much. People have put Deonna in a box and refuse to see her any other way. The same thing happened last season to Jasmine and at some point fiction took over what actually happened with people repeating half-truths or lies about her even when what actually happened on screen didn't fit that narrative.

• Love 2

Regarding Amber's salary claims. I tried to find the current Charlotte public employees database but her name wasn't popping up (and it kept giving me the Charlotte Observer website, which was making annoying ads pop up). I was able to find this info from bizjournals.com. It's two years old though. The article is dated 2017.

Name: Bowles Amber B.

Position: Teacher, Middle Grades Language Arts

School or department name: Community House Middle

Job status: Full-Time

Total pay without stipend and bonus $41,683.90

I don't think that's her current school. So maybe new school, new salary? Would have doubled her income in two years if what she told Matt is true.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

I don't think most people dislike Deonna -- I certainly don't. But I do think this MAFS situation is awkward and uncomfortable for her. Before the wedding, she seemed excited and ready to get married--even though it would be to a stranger. But since she's met Greg, she's been using dry humor and sometimes cutting sarcasm as a defense mechanism whenever she feels too vulnerable. And while I understand it, her behavior isn't always fair to Greg. 

e.g. the compliment issue. In her TH, she said that constant compliments make her feel uncomfortable. She kinda threw Iris under the bus because she said Iris is an extrovert who loves to be the center of attention, but she isn't used to that kind of attention and has to get used to it. And that's a perfectly acceptable explanation. But why doesn't she explain that to Greg, who is utterly confused why a woman--his wife--doesn't want him to compliment her? 

33 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

What TMI did she share?

When Elizabeth was lamenting about not being able to have sex with Jamie because she was on her period, Unfiltered Jamie said that after five years, you do what you have to do and take a shower afterward. That image gave me Carrie flashbacks. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, topanga said:

I don't think most people dislike Deonna -- I certainly don't. But I do think this MAFS situation is awkward and uncomfortable for her. Before the wedding, she seemed excited and ready to get married--even though it would be to a stranger. But since she's met Greg, she's been using dry humor and sometimes cutting sarcasm as a defense mechanism whenever she feels too vulnerable. And while I understand it, her behavior isn't always fair to Greg. 

e.g. the compliment issue. In her TH, she said that constant compliments make her feel uncomfortable. She kinda threw Iris under the bus because she said Iris is an extrovert who loves to be the center of attention, but she isn't used to that kind of attention and has to get used to it. And that's a perfectly acceptable explanation. But why doesn't she explain that to Greg, who is utterly confused why a woman--his wife--doesn't want him to compliment her? 

When Elizabeth was lamenting about not being able to have sex with Jamie because she was on her period, Unfiltered Jamie said that after five years, you do what you have to do and take a shower afterward. That image gave me Carrie flashbacks. 

I don't know...I've seen some comments about Deonna. Not just here but all over. Kind of harsh IMO but *shrugs* we all watch with our own lenses. She doesn't remind me ANYTHING of Jasmine and I've seen comparisons between the two.

I do see your point about furthering her explanation with Greg about the compliments. 

Um, Jamie. smh. Some stuff doesn't have to be put out there for the viewing public. If Doug is okay riding the red wave (as my ex used to say), that's completely fine. But there's no need to talk about it on national television. Sheesh.

2 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I think Big Red is fake up top,  but only with her hair color. 😉

Yeah....I was gonna comment on that too. Her boobs aren't that great. I'd think if they were fake they wouldn't be so saggy.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Something about Iris reminds me of an old lady. She's beautiful but not cool, she's kinda dorky.

So I'm not the only one who gets an old lady vibe from Iris.

Keith is so chill that I get nothing from him.  He's nice but there's no "there" there.  However, I can certainly understand him being so chill so he won't risk coming across negatively on camera. 

I don't dislike Deonna, it's just that I find her "instructive" tone when she talks to Greg to be annoying.  Now maybe she talks to everyone like that, but I think as they get to know each other, Greg should bring it up with her.  Since she's let him know what his "compliment schedule" should be, I think it's only fair that he let her know when when she's being too instructive.

Matt said all the right words about Amber and his marriage, just like he was reading the words from a teleprompter.  I think he thinks she's a nice, cute, tomboyish woman who'd make a great friend and workout partner, but not a marriage partner.  I'd be shocked if he didn't bail.      

• Love 10
(edited)
55 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I think playing basketball in Mexico is a lazy man's dream!  Three hots and a cot plus some spending money!  It's hard to leave that easy life for a new wife.

I think Amber was offering to help him get started and put on his big boy pants and get a real job.  He was embarrassed that we would think he had no money.  I think he has very little and I expect the detailing gig is pie in the sky.

I'm really surprised they took Matt with no job.  I think that very unfair to Amber.

Amber already let Matt know up front that she didn't want him running off to play ball for much of the year if the detailing business doesn't get off of the ground, but she offered to help him (assuming that he really wants the marriage to work). I bet if Amber had given him an actual ultimatum (i.e. if you leave the country to play ball, we're through; p.s. go find a REAL job in Charlotte), he would have resented that even more.

Edited by discoprincessthe2
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Soup333 said:

Regarding Amber's salary claims. I tried to find the current Charlotte public employees database but her name wasn't popping up (and it kept giving me the Charlotte Observer website, which was making annoying ads pop up). I was able to find this info from bizjournals.com. It's two years old though. The article is dated 2017.

Name: Bowles Amber B.

Position: Teacher, Middle Grades Language Arts

School or department name: Community House Middle

Job status: Full-Time

Total pay without stipend and bonus $41,683.90

I don't think that's her current school. So maybe new school, new salary? Would have doubled her income in two years if what she told Matt is true.

Wow, thanks for finding and posting that!!! 

I'm not believing she makes 80K.

• Love 6