Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Paradise Lost?

• Start Topic

Before returning back to Charlotte, the four couples enjoy their last few days of their honeymoon in Antigua; not everything is perfect in paradise, as the newlyweds discover who their stranger spouses really are.

1 hour ago, humbleopinion said:

Before returning back to Charlotte, the four couples enjoy their last few days of their honeymoon in Antigua; not everything is perfect in paradise, as the newlyweds discover who their stranger spouses really are.

No shit!  LOL

• LOL 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Ok I'm just gonna say it.  Elizabeth looks like a big ol's slut, sitting there with her boobs hanging out.  It is not sexy, just trashy. 

Well she's getting her money's worth out of them.

I think they coked up JamieO; she was more ramped than usual.

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Well she's getting her money's worth out of them.

I think they coked up JamieO; she was more ramped than usual.

She must have gotten a raise or something.  Too over the top and talking 200 mph, I had to keep rewinding to hear what dribble she was spewing.

• Love 3

Jamie is a douchebag. He made all those snide comments and then wanted to play the injured party when Elizabeth snapped at him. Yes, she was over the top but if she was feeling sick on the boat, he should have been less of an ass about it. 

• Love 13

That choppy water is no joke.  I'm surprised neither Elizabeth or Amber puked. I see both Eliz and Jamie's points. He was using humor in an attempt to take her mind off her nausea but she wanted him to be more comforting towards her. Still the f bomb was embarrassing in front of all of them.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, PityFree said:

Greg is my favorite by a mile. I may have a crush.

Greg and Keith here. Their quiet calm  counteracts the baby talk and hysterics and whatnot.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

Sorry but, I feel like Dionna is giving Greg some sort of lesson all the time.  She wants everything her way and keeps instructing him.  He doesn’t look thrilled with her.

If I was on that boat, I’d tell that driver to slow the fuck down.  Is he crazy?

• LOL 3
  • Love 16
(edited)

This!!

2 hours ago, aphroditewitch said:

Jamie is a douchebag. He made all those snide comments and then wanted to play the injured party when Elizabeth snapped at him. Yes, she was over the top but if she was feeling sick on the boat, he should have been less of an ass about it. 

No kidding! I've been seasick before --and yes, I did eventually spew everything I'd eaten. It was painful and very embarrassing. I  couldn't wait to get off that boat!! (...And if my hubby had made fun of me for that like Jamie did, I'd have been calling him every dirty word I knew!

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 11
12 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Sorry but, I feel like Dionna is giving Greg some sort of lesson all the time.  She wants everything her way and keeps instructing him.  He doesn’t look thrilled with her.

If I was on that boat, I’d tell that driver to slow the fuck down.  Is he crazy?

I agree, Deonna always seems to be instructing Greg.  I liked her in the beginning but she really is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

I dearly hope that the rest of the series doesn't focus so heavily on Jamie and Elizabeth because I'm sick and tired of both of their red, pale asses.  

• LOL 6
  • Love 14
9 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Did Amber say she made $80k teaching?  

Yes. I guess Charlotte pays their teachers fairly well. At 27 she'd have , at most, 5 years experience. Unless she went to grad school for her Master's. 

• Love 2
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Yes. I guess Charlotte pays their teachers fairly well. At 27 she'd have , at most, 5 years experience. Unless she went to grad school for her Master's. 

Yes, I was wondering about that.  

I just looked up avg. 2017-2018 first year starting salary in NC and it's $37,631, so combine a city like Charlotte and maybe her having five years experience I guess $80k is about right.  

Edited by Ohwell
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, gonecrackers said:

Sounds like Matt signed up to get married w/o any real income happening.

Did he tell the experts that he might be gone six months of the year BEFORE he took this gig?

• Love 2
1 minute ago, JAndy said:

Teachers make way more than that where I live (Long Island). 

I live on Long Island too and worked as a substitute teacher for a few years. The married teacher couples I knew were making major bucks. Tough to get a job here, though. 

I was a bit surprised b/c a teacher I knew here moved to Raleigh and said the teacher salaries sucked there.

1 minute ago, Gem 10 said:

Did he tell the experts that he might be gone six months of the year BEFORE he took this gig?

I think he told them about the business he wants to get into - but the key thing is he's not into it yet. They still chose him regardless.

• Love 3

Amber seems to have lost her spark.  I have a feeling something happened off camera. 

I wonder how long Jamie will tolerate Elizabeth's swing moods before he snaps. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 10
31 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I agree, Deonna always seems to be instructing Greg.  I liked her in the beginning but she really is beginning to annoy the hell out of me.

I dearly hope that the rest of the series doesn't focus so heavily on Jamie and Elizabeth because I'm sick and tired of both of their red, pale asses.  

Haha, I’m sort of getting sick of all of them except Keith and Greg. 

• Love 2

It seems like Matt acted like a jerk towards Amber off camera over the money thing. He needs to grow up and get a real job. From what I read he last played basketball in Mexico, where the players make don't make much money. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

I stopped watching this series because the couples were so awful the past few seasons. I always read here, though! 

After seeing the comments here I decided to try watching again. I was pleasantly surprised. None of the couples or individuals are perfect, but at least it’s not completely obvious that the couples are absolute failures. 

Has there been any season with more than one “success” since the first season? Even the first season has only one couple still together. (Right?)

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, wait.what said:

I stopped watching this series because the couples were so awful the past few seasons. I always read here, though! 

After seeing the comments here I decided to try watching again. I was pleasantly surprised. None of the couples or individuals are perfect, but at least it’s not completely obvious that the couples are absolute failures. 

Has there been any season with more than one “success” since the first season? Even the first season has only one couple still together. (Right?)

Last season has 2 couples who are still together, but they started with 4 - so a 50% success rate for that season.

• Love 3