Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Week 9: Hometown Dates

• Start Topic

Hannah's eyebrows (especially the left one) drive me crazy, and have since the first episode.  The guideline is supposed to be that a straight line from  the edge of your nose going up is where the brow starts.  Hers are too close together - only by a little, but a little bit of tweezing could make a huge difference. 

• Love 9

No phone or Internet today so no live posting. Instead I took notes so I'm dumping all my thoughts at once.

• Peter's family is smart, well spoken. Peter starts to tell them about the "journey," but Hannah interrupts so she can do the telling. And she proceeds to say "like, like and like" and pretty much nothing else while Peter's family stares at her, all with a WTH look on their faces. They had to be thinking "Peter, you can do so much better," because that's for sure what I was thinking.

• Hannah's Angry Bird eyebrows!

• Is Peter a commercial pilot or private hobby pilot? I'm thinking hobby.

• Hannah is SO not into Peter. He doesn't even register on her I-Want-To-Jump-Your-Bones meter.

• Tyler. I've already forgotten his family but I remember the almost-sex in the back of Hannah's getaway car.

• Hannah can barely get a coherent sentence out of her mouth.

• There are saddles in Luke's house! Inquiring minds want to know about THAT part of his life. Forget all this jacking around Jesus business. I'll bet Luke knows how to ride a horse (directed at you, Tyler).

• Hannah's nose is always red. Always. Regardless of where she is and what she's eating/drinking.

• Hannah wears a super-short dress on Jed's date and still she gives him the Handshake. WTH.

• Hannah: "Jed always has something in his pocket for me." I think that's what they call a Trouser Snake, Hannah. Oh ... you know that. Alrighty then.

• Good news: We won't be seeing Jed and/or Hannah on Songland anytime soon. Or ever.

• Tyler and Luke get the shirt's off edit. Peter and Jed, shirts on.

• It's the RC and Tyler is wearing capri pants!

• OMG, Peter got a rose! No way!

• Only Luke keeps his place in the bachelor line up while the other three bro it out.

• Finally, Hannah did something good and kept all four boys.

• I hate Jed dissing Luke. Just go home if you are so unsure. Why are you still there?

• Preview: The "I f*cked in a windmill" was deleted this week. Too late, show! It's already viral.

• After credits clip: A bunch of Hannah saying "Bleep, bleep and bleep." I guess her Jesus is also good with her being a potty mouth.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
47 minutes ago, debbie311 said:

West coast here, so just saw the Peter date. She actually called the condom a “rubber?” Haven’t heard that in years. 

This! Maybe it’s a regional thing. Seemed so old fashioned to me.

• Love 1
(edited)
10 hours ago, threebluestars said:

OMG I didn't realize Jed was actually serious about a music career. No one has told him he can't sing?! I don't get why his family would encourage him to go out there and embarrass himself. This is so weird. I just thought the singing shtick was for the show. And he's serious. I am ... there are no words.

Thank you for speaking some reason here, seriously!!!!!!

I feel like Mugatu in "Zoolander", remember?

"Blue Steel, Le Tigre, it's the SAME LOOK PEOPLE!!!  I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

So I Googled " What is Peter Pilot's last name?" and a link to 5 fun facts about Peter Weber popped up.His younger brother is a UCLA grad and also a pilot. I was confused b/c he said " Vamos a comer" ( let's eat) in Spanish and then the entire family did that German toast/ prayer. His mom said something about eating Cuban food and I really wish we'd get to see more of the food that the families serve. I also must have missed when Peter told Hannah his mom had been a beauty queen. Apparently she was Miss Illinois. I am still flummoxed that one can Google " What is Peter Pilot's last name?" about this shit show and stuff pops up. Like how the heck does Google know who Peter Pilot is? 😄

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, bosawks said:

Do you think that guy hurt his arm trying to tunnel out of the Luke revival house with a spoon?

I’m going to hell for it, gladly, but my first thought was he hurt his arm masterbating too much. 🤪

Jed’s dog Tux the Border Collie, will you accept this rose dog toy? 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
45 minutes ago, Wandering Snark said:

'Hannah the red nosed Bachelorette

had a very shiny nose

Even if you've never saw it

You still know this season blows.'

‘Hannah the red nosed dumb ass

had a very shiny nose

and when she gets those room keys,

she will give at least three blows.’

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

Btw, what the hell with Jed’s date? He takes her to write a song which wasn’t terrible but the whole thing was so awkward. First she asks, “Is that like an amp? Is that what they cawl an aaaaammmp?” And Jed flatly says no. Awkward. Then they write a song and actually put on headphones, get in a booth with mics, and don’t even sing into the mics. They barely sang the damn song. I was like, “what kind of fucking singing is this? Why aren’t they even trying and why is it so quiet?”

Spoiler

Did Jed forget that he traded in his Nashville singer girlfriend for this talentless idiot?

Why make her sing with him if he was going to barely squeak out his verses while staring at her, probably thinking he’d rather slit his own throat than to be there at that moment?? So awkward. Cringe awkward. Second-hand embarrassing for Hannah awkward. Then he says some kind of douche shit like, “Do you ever like feel in your like heart that there’s something in your brain that you like have to say but you’re too dumb to form a sentence so you can’t like say it and stuff like that?”  And she responds probably with, “what’s wronk? What are you thinkink?” 

Hate to say it but Jed’s mom was a bitch. Can’t say I blame her though. She called Hannah out so hard, it was funny but they do know what their son signed up for. They know WHY he signed up. They know what the Bachelor franchise is so I think the mother was pretty harsh. Saying that her special snowflake is just one of many guys and being a bitch about it was unnecessary. The only part of his family that was cool was his dad giving that Bachelor handshake. They were making a joke of this right out the gate because they know Jed is not serious. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 19

She is seriously frustrating as a Bachelorette but listening to Hannah tell Luke's dad why he sucks was fun. As was Jed's dad trying to talk about his girlfriend without triggering the ABC editors.

• LOL 6
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, adhoc said:

Jed surpasses Luke in bringing the funny! 

When Peter and Tyler have roses, and it's down to him and Luke, he says:

"I don't feel like I got a rose at all...I feel like it was between me and someone who's a scumbag..."!

BWAH!

what i dont gt it--here was his perfect opportunity to escape--say I cant stand that I wasnt chosen over Luke and he could leave--like everyone said he wanted to--yet he is staying and fighting to be there...so--is it possible he has feeling for hannah?? he could have easily walked away last nite and been on his way and noone would have blamed him for that at least.....

2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I really didn't think any of the moms liked Hannah very much, some of them were just too nice to show it.  Most  Bachelorettes go to the hometown dates telling the parents how amazing and awesome their sons are and what fun dates they had, but Hannah's all, "I didn't like these things about your son at first but after a few lectures and a short training course I decided to  give him a chance."  You can see the mothers thinking, "You can just take your camera crew and leave anytime now, I'd like grandchildren with normal eyebrows."  

I was really hoping Jed and Luke would both walk out during the rose ceremony pause.  Hannah made it so clear that while she was sure about Peter and Tyler, the other two were just a coin toss from getting cut.  It's too late in the show to be treating guys that way. There has never been a Bachelorette so convinced that she deserves to have all these men fighting for her while she doesn't need to do a single thing to deserve it.  The mothers could see what kind of one-sided  marriage their sons would be caught in, I wish the men could see it.

oh and she skipped most of the cocktail parties so its her own damn fault shes not where she wants to be. I remember when you coudnt skip those parties.

• Love 8

Has any bachelorette ever been this sick during her season? I haven’t been watching religiously but between the snippets I watch, social media and these boards, it sounds like she’s seeing a medic or getting an IV drip about every episode. I did notice the red nose and I find it gross that she’s kissing everyone if she’s been so sick. 

Does she have severe allergies or some auto immune condition like lupus? I’m genuinely curious that someone so young would be constantly sick through her season. 

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

what i dont gt it--here was his perfect opportunity to escape--say I cant stand that I wasnt chosen over Luke and he could leave--like everyone said he wanted to--yet he is staying and fighting to be there...so--is it possible he has feeling for hannah?? he could have easily walked away last nite and been on his way and no one would have blamed him for that at least.....

But if he walked out, he'd miss out on further opportunities to promote is music career.  Blech!  

• Love 6

Tyler and Pilot Pete are too normal for her. They are normal men who don't seem to thrive on drama. They would dump Hannah in a hot second outside of this show if she picked one of them. I could see Peter with someone like Hannah G., Tyler too.

Meanwhile Hannah is drawn to the unemployed "25" year old musician with a gf and a psycho who's claim to fame is seeing Jesus in the shower. She loves the drama, they are perfect for her. 

As someone who took accutane almost a decade ago I used to get sick a lot just like Hannah. The medicine kind of messes with your immune system so that could explain why she always sick. Her red nose is a sign of that medicine also, very very sensitive skin.

• Useful 5
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, ECM1231 said:

I am still flummoxed that one can Google " What is Peter Pilot's last name?" about this shit show and stuff pops up. Like how the heck does Google know who Peter Pilot is? 😄

I know, right???  The internet is truly amazing.  I don’t know how we ever got along  without it!!

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

But if he walked out, he'd miss out on further opportunities to promote is music career.  Blech!  

I think he wants a Dancing With The Stars gig - not as a contestant but as a musical guest.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

I'm waiting for someone in Jed's family to finally say, "Well, you know the boy can't sing," and then everyone in the family be finally relieved that they weren't the only one who saw it and now they can all admit that their son (or brother, cousin, grandchild, whatever) is a talentless hack.

Luke LOVED being the center of attention during his hometown date.  Learning about your possible future husband from his Sunday School class gives you so much less information than if you met a group of his best friends, imo. In one your common demoninator is religion; in the other it's your interests, hobbies, sense of humor etc with people that you see regularly for no other reason than that they like you.  I'd much rather meet his friends.

In thinking of who might be the next bachelor, I'm still cracking up at the bachelor audition Mike gave in the limo last week.  He spoke of his heartbreak and tried so hard to summon some tears.  Failing that, he covered his eyes to show his Great Heartache,  Go, Mike.  It just might work.

And I, too, love the zero fucks Chris Harrison seems to give about this show.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
3 minutes ago, rebel2u said:

I'm waiting for someone in Jed's family to finally say, "Well, you know the boy can't sing," and then everyone in the family be finally relieved that they weren't the only one who saw it and now they can all admit that their son (or brother, cousin, grandchild, whatever) is a talentless hack.

Luke LOVED being the center of attention during his hometown date.  Learning about your possible future husband from his Sunday School class gives you so much less information than if you met a group of his best friends, imo. In one your common demoninator is religion; in the other it's your interests, hobbies, sense of humor etc with people that you see regularly for no other reason than that they like you.  I'd much rather meet his friends.

In thinking of who might be the next bachelor, I'm still cracking up at the bachelor audition Mike gave in the limo last week.  He spoke of his heartbreak and tried so hard to summon some tears.  Failing that, he covered his eyes to show his Great Heartache,  Go, Mike.  It just might work.

And I, too, love the zero fucks Chris Harrison seems to give about this show.

I totally agree with you, but what if they are his friends?

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, XoxoGG said:

Meanwhile Hannah is drawn to the unemployed "25" year old musician with a gf and a psycho who's claim to fame is seeing Jesus in the shower. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

Non-Luke date:  go out and do something, just the 2 of them.

Luke date:  hear just how wonderful he is by watching him give testimony and show how godly he now is.

Hannah even said how great it was to see Luke with people who liked him.  Yes, well, if you hand pick the people and tell them they'll be on tv but have to act like they like him, of course, they will.

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Not a hobby, he's a pilot for Delta.  

Oooo....  I fly Delta twice a week.  Wonder if he's ever been on one of my flights???

• Love 3
2 hours ago, sarkygal said:

Does she have severe allergies or some auto immune condition like lupus? I’m genuinely curious that someone so young would be constantly sick through her season. 

Well, someone had a cold, and hannah is passing it along to all the guys. Most likely, once she started to recover, the germs came back around.  The guys have time to recover when they're sitting around waiting for their turn to make out with her.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, b2H said:

Oooo....  I fly Delta twice a week.  Wonder if he's ever been on one of my flights???

Hope he wasn't making out in the cabin with some toothy stewardess the whole time.

I was tickled to death to see Jed's family give Hannah a hard time but, really, do they know their son, the next Garth Brooks, was a burlesque dancer for all the drunken ladies?  I thought his family seemed a little dumb to be looking down their noses, or through their stupid long bangs, at anyone.

• LOL 3
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure I read that he works for Delta Airlines so he's a commercial pilot.

There must be a few pilots here, what was that adorable little plane he was flying on the date? I don't enjoy flying in small fixed wing aircraft so the whole time I was cringing at Hannah to stop grabbing at him and Peter to keep his eyes, hands and feet busy controlling that plane!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, XoxoGG said:

Tyler and Pilot Pete are too normal for her. They are normal men who don't seem to thrive on drama. They would dump Hannah in a hot second outside of this show if she picked one of them. I could see Peter with someone like Hannah G., Tyler too.

Meanwhile Hannah is drawn to the unemployed "25" year old musician with a gf and a psycho who's claim to fame is seeing Jesus in the shower. She loves the drama, they are perfect for her. 

As someone who took accutane almost a decade ago I used to get sick a lot just like Hannah. The medicine kind of messes with your immune system so that could explain why she always sick. Her red nose is a sign of that medicine also, very very sensitive skin.

I agree about Tyler and Peter. I also was a Hannah G fan. Could she still become Bachelorette at some point, or is it always someone from the most recent Bachelor? She was ridiculously pretty and also seems like a sweetheart. 

I do think Hannah B seems like a drama queen. I’m not sure if that is something that will go away as she gets older or not. In her defense, even when you get a bit older, sometimes you can’t help being attracted to the wrong guy. 

Regarding Jed, if he sang just as a hobby or did karaoke, I do think he can carry a tune enough to be impressive, which is more than the average guy. He’s not Luther Vandross, but he can sing well enough that I can see him impressing the people who love him. 

Interesting about Accutane! I’ve been struggling with my skin lately, and I’ve considered it but still scared. I too noticed Hannah seems to constantly be sick. Maybe that affected her mood and decision making.

• Love 2

I thought Jed's family was rude. Why be defensive and ornery at Hannah for having feelings for Jed? 

It didn't make sense for the sister to say "I'm real protective of Jed" as if Hannah was the one with the fledgling career out to piggyback on his fame. But it's clearly the other way around yet they're projecting the whole "lack of truth" as something Hannah is responsible for, instead of Jed.

I'd run from this family because if this is how they express hostility to an innocent stranger, imagine how they'll gang up on Hannah when she's a daughter/sister-in-law who's done wrong in their eyes.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)
Just now, TheFinalRose said:

It didn't make sense for the sister to say "I'm real protective of Jed" as if Hannah was the one with the fledgling career out to piggyback on his fame. But it's clearly the other way around yet they're projecting the whole "lack of truth" as something Hannah is responsible for, instead of Jed.

That's what really got to me about them. The skeptical family who gives the lead a hard time is not new. It's happened for many seasons with many families throughout the years. But what was very "sticks in my craw" about Jed's family is that this is the family of the guy who came on the show for his career, per media reports had a girlfriend and essentially planned to go back to her after the show was done because again he was just there for his career.

And yet his family is grilling Hannah and acting like she's not good enough for precious Jed whose heart she may break. Like they fucking kidding me with this shit? Not to mention he's no talent ass (well let me be fair, he seems to be an okay guitar player and can play the piano). Dude can't sing for shit and the evidence of his "songwriting" is a joke. Jed's family came across as delusional as him. It's fine to love and support your family member but boo, don't be delusional in that love and support. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 20
(edited)
3 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's what really got to me about them. The skeptical family who gives the lead a hard time is not new. It's happened for many seasons with many families throughout the years. But was "sticks in my craw" about Jed's family is that this is the family of the guy who came on the show for his career, per media reports had a girlfriend and essentially planned to go back to her after the show was done because again he was just there for his career. And yet his family is grilling Hannah and acting like she's not good enough for precious Jed whose heart she may break. Like they fucking kidding me with this shit?

True. I don’t blame a family for being uncomfortable with the process of the show, but knowing what we do about Jed makes the family's skepticism a joke. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 6
13 minutes ago, truthaboutluv said:

That's what really got to me about them. The skeptical family who gives the lead a hard time is not new. It's happened for many seasons with many families throughout the years. But what was very "sticks in my craw" about Jed's family is that this is the family of the guy who came on the show for his career, per media reports had a girlfriend and essentially planned to go back to her after the show was done because again he was just there for his career.

And yet his family is grilling Hannah and acting like she's not good enough for precious Jed whose heart she may break. Like they fucking kidding me with this shit? Not to mention he's no talent ass (well let me be fair, he seems to be an okay guitar player and can play the piano). Dude can't sing for shit and the evidence of his "songwriting" is a joke. Jed's family came across as delusional as him. It's fine to love and support your family member but boo, don't be delusional in that love and support. 

Um, spoiler tag should have been used.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I agree about Tyler and Peter. I also was a Hannah G fan. Could she still become Bachelorette at some point, or is it always someone from the most recent Bachelor? She was ridiculously pretty and also seems like a sweetheart. 

I do think Hannah B seems like a drama queen. I’m not sure if that is something that will go away as she gets older or not. In her defense, even when you get a bit older, sometimes you can’t help being attracted to the wrong guy. 

Regarding Jed, if he sang just as a hobby or did karaoke, I do think he can carry a tune enough to be impressive, which is more than the average guy. He’s not Luther Vandross, but he can sing well enough that I can see him impressing the people who love him. 

Interesting about Accutane! I’ve been struggling with my skin lately, and I’ve considered it but still scared. I too noticed Hannah seems to constantly be sick. Maybe that affected her mood and decision making.

Yeah Accutane is a very powerful drug that the doctors give to people with severe acne. I had very bad cystic acne and it cleared me up so well but I would never take it again no matter how much my breakouts would flare up again. I'm not even sure I would recommend it to anyone because it's so powerful and everyone has a different side effect on it. Some have had effects like mood swings, low immune system, liver complications, while some peoples digestive track becomes destroyed. 

Between the stress, and lack of sleep I could see why Hannah might have been run down during this process.

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

Um, spoiler tag should have been used.

Well even if I spoiler it, you just quoted the post, so it will still be seen. 

That said, it's my understanding that media articles are not spoilers because it says nothing about what happens on the show itself. A moderator can correct me if I'm wrong and if I am, I'll be happy to edit the post. 

• Love 7
(edited)
24 minutes ago, XoxoGG said:

Yeah Accutane is a very powerful drug that the doctors give to people with severe acne. I had very bad cystic acne and it cleared me up so well but I would never take it again no matter how much my breakouts would flare up again. I'm not even sure I would recommend it to anyone because it's so powerful and everyone has a different side effect on it. Some have had effects like mood swings, low immune system, liver complications, while some peoples digestive track becomes destroyed. 

Between the stress, and lack of sleep I could see why Hannah might have been run down during this process.

Gosh that’s so scary, not sure if it’s worth it for me or not.

The show is definitely stressful. Hannah looked incredibly stressed the last episode in particular. I’m sure it’s a huge relief once it’s all over.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 2
(edited)

It's Hannah's own fault that she doesn't know these guys well enough given all the cocktail parties she's canceled, but IMO what she really means is that she wants to give all four guys left a test run in the fantasy suites. 

Jed and Hannah singing together in the recording studio reminded me of a scene from last year's A Star Is Born, except that part in the movie was about 30 seconds if that, and also Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper could actually sing. 

If Luke's circle of friends really is his Bible study group then that makes going on The Bachelorette to find a potential wife an even more bizarre choice. He really couldn't find someone at a local megachurch or hit up Christian Mingle?  But maybe he's the sort that sees reality TV as a "ministry" and a way to reach the masses and there aren't any available Duggar daughters in his age range.

Edited by Dejana
  • LOL 5
  • Love 13
(edited)

Jed’s family acting like they were Joseph, Catherine, and Latoya Jackson needing to protect the family jewels was pretty funny.  It was the best part of the ep besides looking at Hot Tyler.  Their protectiveness of Jed is definitely confusing but I don’t blame them for going wtf?!  When his mom said, “he’s lived his life” I wondered if she was hinting at how he makes money...which is another indication he isn’t ready for marriage. Gosh I wonder if he told Hannah anything.

He put his family in a hard spot by letting this go all the way to hometowns.  They couldn’t embarrass him but they know he is in no way ready to settle down and isn’t in love with Hannah.

Edited by dirtypop90
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I'm pretty sure I read that he works for Delta Airlines so he's a commercial pilot. 

I'm pretty sure he told her that during one of their first one on one time. I want to say it was the first group date Peter was on.  As for the Cuban food and German prayer on his HTD, it's my understanding that his father is Cuban (hence the Spanish) and the mom might German/American. 

Nick Viall may be a tool, but if it's one thing he was always on point with, it's the snark. He made this hilarious and oh so accurate tweet during last night's episode.

Not that it matters but it's his mom who is Cuban-American and his dad of German ethnicity.  

his mother, whose full name is Barbara Innocente de Jesus Figarola Enfante Borrego Rodriguez Weber, is a former Miss Illinois.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/2019/07/peter-weber-family-parents-brother-mom/

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
(edited)
5 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

here was his perfect opportunity to escape--say I cant stand that I wasnt chosen over Luke and he could leave--like everyone said he wanted to--yet he is staying and fighting to be there...so--is it possible he has feeling for hannah??

1. He stays so gets to put another stamp on his passport because, Greece.

2. He gets a FS with Hannah so will find out if his staying was worth it or not. BTW, Hannah was pretty excited about FS next week so my guess is Jed gets a "try out."

2 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I thought his family seemed a little dumb to be looking down their noses, or through their stupid long bangs, at anyone.

I was so fascinated by staring at that long piece of bangs hanging in front of her face, I totally missed what Mom was saying. It kept my attention through the entire scene so I blocked out everything else.

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I disagree. Someone who loves him should tell him he sucks. Or put up some cash for singing lessons. Dude is seriously bad, although his piano skills pass muster.

2 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

And yet his family is grilling Hannah and acting like she's not good enough for precious Jed whose heart she may break.

It could be their way of saying "Don't pick Jed or YOU will get hurt." They were putting out enough red flags, not that Hannah can see them even when they hit her in the face. They all know Jed is pretty much of a tool.

Either that or TPTB picked that family as the hostile one, because there is one every season.

Hannah brought flowers to Peter's family but did she bring gifts to any of the others?

Luke looked SO SHORT in the RC line up, and Tyler looked like a giant. Yet Luke is (supposedly) 6 ft. and Tyler is 6 ft. 2. I wonder if Luke is that tall since the other guys dwarf him. He might have Short Man Syndrome and being so tiny (ha) could be (one of the reasons) why the other dudes pile on him.

57584282_shortluke.jpg.630123784fc99eb80ead5d8726a6dc40.jpg

@Wandering Snark, your poem was the best, and summed up the entire two-hour episode. You should send it to Jed for song lyrics.

Edited by saber5055
  • LOL 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

1. He stays so gets to put another stamp on his passport because, Greece.

2. He gets a FS with Hannah so will find out if his staying was worth it or not. BTW, Hannah was pretty excited about FS next week so my guess is Jed gets a "try out."

I was so fascinated by staring at that long piece of bangs hanging in front of her face, I totally missed what Mom was saying. It kept my attention through the entire scene so I blocked out everything else.

I disagree. Someone who loves him should tell him he sucks. Or put up some cash for singing lessons. Dude is seriously bad, although his piano skills pass muster.

It could be their way of saying "Don't pick Jed or YOU will get hurt." They were putting out enough red flags, not that Hannah can see them even when they hit her in the face. They all know Jed is pretty much of a tool.

Either that or TPTB picked that family as the hostile one, because there is one every season.

Hannah brought flowers to Peter's family but did she bring gifts to any of the others?

Luke looked SO SHORT in the RC line up, and Tyler looked like a giant. Yet Luke is (supposedly) 6 ft. and Tyler if 6 ft. 2. I wonder if Luke is that tall since the other guys dwarf him. He might have Short Man Syndrome and being so tiny (ha) could be (one of the reasons) why the other dudes pile on him.

57584282_shortluke.jpg.630123784fc99eb80ead5d8726a6dc40.jpg

@Wandering Snark, your poem was the best, and summed up the entire two-hour episode. Maybe send it to Jed for song lyrics?

Tell me how you really feel about Jed’s voice. 😂

I too thought Luke had little man syndrome. It could be why he works so hard at the muscles, wanted to show off his strength with Hannah, and is so aggressive all the time. I’ve known a lot of short men who so badly want to appear the big and strong tough guy, that they go overboard, even taking steroids.

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 7

I was surprised that I like Luke's family. On a shallow note, his mom's hair was really pretty. So what was up with his behavior? Does Luke not show that side of himself to them or did he freak out because he was on TV?

I hope Pilot Pete is the next bachelor. He seems down to earth and like a fun, friendly guy. I like how his family really went for it with the German chant/ prayer. They seemed like a good bunch.

• Love 9

On Peter's hometown date while tooling around in his car prior to the plane ride, Hannah was snooping in Peter's console. Before she found the condom, er rubber, she took something else out. I could not make out what it was or what Peter said other than Peter said he 'was blessed.' Anyone have any idea what it was?

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Non-Luke date:  go out and do something, just the 2 of them.

Luke date:  hear just how wonderful he is by watching him give testimony and show how godly he now is.

Hannah even said how great it was to see Luke with people who liked him.  Yes, well, if you hand pick the people and tell them they'll be on tv but have to act like they like him, of course, they will.

This soooo much.  Luke structuring the date as he did, should be such a red flag to Hannah.  But of course, Hannah's rose-colored glasses for Luke are just tinted that way from the red flags!  Interestingly, she got mad at him on one of the dates for telling her that everyone loves him, and then he makes a date where everyone talks about how much they love him!

2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Gosh that’s so scary, not sure if it’s worth it for me or not.

RealHousewife, if you are considering Accutane for acne, I would suggest not to.  My son has serious acne and I would never, ever allow him to take it.  Too many insane, and powerful, and potentially permanent side effects.  There are oral antibiotics that don't cause so much damage, but of course, they aren't as strong.

17 minutes ago, Soobs said:

I was surprised that I like Luke's family. On a shallow note, his mom's hair was really pretty. So what was up with his behavior? Does Luke not show that side of himself to them or did he freak out because he was on TV?

I believe that Luke, as probably the anointed star of his family for quite awhile, has no need for the power struggles and deceit that he demonstrated with the guys.  Nor would he have that need with the Sunday School folks who are younger than he is and look up to him.  Alpha Dog/Anointed One security lets him be on his faux-best.

10 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

On Peter's hometown date while tooling around in his car prior to the plane ride, Hannah was snooping in Peter's console. Before she found the condom, er rubber, she took something else out. I could not make out what it was or what Peter said other than Peter said he 'was blessed.' Anyone have any idea what it was?

I believe that what he said was Jesucristo or Jesus Cristo (phonetically as yay-zoo-crees-toe), a Spanish wording/pronunciation.  Someone more knowledgeable than me is free to correct me! 

• Love 6

I always have a hard time believing the Lead is so conflicted by the end of their season because they're falling in love with 2 people, and they simply can't decide.  if its that confusing, don't pick!  Slow it down and figure it out.

In this case, however, Hannah is asking us to believe that she can't choose between 4 guys!  4!!!  As in, she simply can't even eliminate a single one of them.  That's ridiculous.  Has she bothered to talk to any of these guys when the cameras aren't rolling?  Does she ever learn about these guys' lives outside the show?  I mean, there must be something about one or more of these idiots that sets them apart from the rest.

I was so excited when Hannah got picked to be The Bachelorette.  Now, she just seems worse and worse, every episode. 

Is it possible that this reality show doesn't actually reflect reality?!?  Say it isn't so! LOL

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Luke structuring the date as he did, should be such a red flag to Hannah.  But of course, Hannah's rose-colored glasses for Luke are just tinted that way from the red flags!  Interestingly, she got mad at him on one of the dates for telling her that everyone loves him, and then he makes a date where everyone talks about how much they love him!

But do the bachelors make the HT dates themselves? I tend to believe TPTB make the dates and set everything up in the HTs so as to fit the story lines and edits they've scripted for each of the players. That also includes putting the families in fake houses if their own homes are not good enough for tv, or don't fit the script.

I did wonder if all the families got hair and make up done before their scenes.

I also wonder how much make up is on Hannah's nose if it still glows like Rudolph's in every single scene.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Before she found the condom, er rubber, she took something else out. I could not make out what it was or what Peter said other than Peter said he 'was blessed.' Anyone have any idea what it was?

A tin of Altoids.

5 hours ago, rebel2u said:

Luke LOVED being the center of attention during his hometown date.  Learning about your possible future husband from his Sunday School class gives you so much less information than if you met a group of his best friends, imo.

4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Ugh, it was so fake and staged/calculated I can't believe Hannah didn't see through it all, but she has a blindspot a mile wide (and growing) for Luke and this 'date' played her like a fiddle.

2 hours ago, Dejana said:

IMO what she really means is that she wants to give all four guys left a test run in the fantasy suites. 

I really think the decision she couldn't come to was 'Which of these guys do I want to send home without "kicking the tires" first??

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

I could not make out what it was or what Peter said other than Peter said he 'was blessed.' Anyone have any idea what it was?

I believe that this was most likely something blessed by the Pope. Either a bottle of holy water or a maybe a rosary. It was a 'blessed' religous item of some sort for sure. That and the condoms were obviously planted. BTW nice car.

There was no lack of money on display with him and Tyler so I'd guess that also influenced the quick selection of the two. She got a taste of what the good life with them would be like, and liked it. Being flown around and riding in a Mercedes or living on the water and driving around in a boat in a fancy town? Both gigs seemed to suit Hannah.

• Love 7

Maybe Hannah has a sinus infection from all her colds.  Her cheeks look flushed to in some scenes. She might have rosacea or is just feeling lousy. 

Speaking of accutane, my sister has terrible cystic acne that didn’t respond to anything but accutane. She didn’t have any long term effects and it’s been 20 years. She has the most beautiful skin now and the scarring is barely noticeable. But it’s wise to be cautious. There’s probably more known about the drug now since it’s been on the market a long time. 

I’m looking forward to the FS dates and finding out who she “fucked” in the windmill and if Luke gets fed up and leaves. I bet either he or Jed go home on their own since Jed’s ego is bruised and he’s probably not the “right reasons” guy with his career aspirations. His Parents aren't doing him any favors by supporting him in the Nashville folly of his. They have a pretty elevated opinion of him. 

• Love 5