Type keyword(s) to search

Grown-ish in the Media

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

S3 trailer:

That was horrible, I wished they would have just focused on trying to get a decent education that would prepare you for the workforce. But I guess there is no drama in that.

• Love 2

Black Student Union | How to Be True to Yourself and Your Spirituality in College

Black Student Union | How Do You Engage In Activism While In College?

Black Student Union | Tapping Into Your Inner Boss

Black Student Union | How Finances Affect Your College Experience

Black Student Union | How Toxic Masculinity Affects Everyone

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
On 11/16/2021 at 8:03 PM, possibilities said:

I had no idea the show was coming back at all! 

Yeah, I popped into this forum to see if there were any new episodes listed that I'd missed. When I saw the media topic bumped, I kinda thought it might be cancellation news.

I don't know why the schedule for this show seems more erratic than others. Like, most shows came back in the fall, so when this one didn't, I thought maybe it was quietly cancelled. 

5 hours ago, atomic said:

I don't always mind TV love triangles, but this one just continues to drag soooo far beyond its expiration date...

This show is pretty much beyond its expiration date. I hope they don't go into the graduate school years. 

• Love 3
On 3/7/2022 at 3:04 PM, paulvdb said:

Eh, I don't see Junior really injecting new life into this already dying show. Is this a Saved by the Bell: New Class kind of a Hail Mary or what?

I wish they would have stood behind Mixed-ish instead of keeping Grown-ish floundering, that show had just started to truly hit its stride when they cancelled it. Is it because that was on ABC and this one is on FreeForm? Of the spin-offs, I thought Mixed-ish had more time left before it got stale. I liked this show a lot for the first 2 seasons but it took a turn out of college life reality somewhere in season 3 and never quite made it back. 

• Love 5

Trailer for the new season.

Junior's presence isn't as bad as I feared -- at least based on the trailer. I think honestly it would have be more interesting for this to be a whole new posse with Zoey only being there in the beginning to act as a transition.

Also I know this is tv fantasy land and I am already trying to figure out how Zoey managed to graduate on time, not only having taken a leave of absence but also not having the greatest gpa.  But how does Aaron become a tenure track professor with a -- I assume he got a Masters degree somehow?

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

But how does Aaron become a tenure track professor with a -- I assume he got a Masters degree somehow?

For real. But I guess if Charlie could be a professor AND a dean 

image.png.84340005b8a22c14c4539122ee571b9d.png

But why is Zoe still there? What happened to NYC and the business? I wished the show would have followed her there and showed her navigating the real world after college and little to no parent support, especially from the other side of the country. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Trailer for the new season.

Junior's presence isn't as bad as I feared -- at least based on the trailer. I think honestly it would have be more interesting for this to be a whole new posse with Zoey only being there in the beginning to act as a transition.

Also I know this is tv fantasy land and I am already trying to figure out how Zoey managed to graduate on time, not only having taken a leave of absence but also not having the greatest gpa.  But how does Aaron become a tenure track professor with a -- I assume he got a Masters degree somehow?

Some of the scenes in that trailer are pretty raunchy. Almost enough for me to recommend it to warrant a TV-MA rating. As for that scene at the end of the trailer, I'm also pretty sure naked college parties aren't a thing in real life. Seems gimmicky, like something you would see on an X rated website. I could imagine that going badly in real life. Seeing attractive women without clothes tends to bring out the worst in men, so I can see that ending badly, one way or another. Hopefully the women at those nude parties will at least be able to carry a fanny pack or a pocketbook with them so they can be armed with tasers and pepper spray.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

That trailer looks pretty bad to me, like humping a show's corpse that is definitely gone already. Junior isn't interesting, but then again, I never thought Zoe was either after like the first two episodes. Her narcissistic attention whore personality really put me off her as the voice of the show, and to be honest, the show runners put together a great ensemble that grew to not even need her character. So to have Zoe still be on the show? Just, no thank you, I've had enough.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, gingerella said:

That trailer looks pretty back, like humping a show's corpse that is definitely gone already. Junior isn't interesting, but then again, I never thought Zoe was either after like the first two episodes. Her narcissistic attention whore personality really put me off her as the voice of the show, and to be honest, the show runners put together a great ensemble that grew to not even need her character. So to have Zoe still be on the show? Just, no thank you, I've had enough.

The cast was great and I think the twins might have been the break-out stars.

• Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 7/10/2022 at 4:02 PM, gingerella said:

That trailer looks pretty bad to me, like humping a show's corpse that is definitely gone already. Junior isn't interesting, but then again, I never thought Zoe was either after like the first two episodes. Her narcissistic attention whore personality really put me off her as the voice of the show, and to be honest, the show runners put together a great ensemble that grew to not even need her character. So to have Zoe still be on the show? Just, no thank you, I've had enough.

I initially thought the fourth season was going to be it's last because that was Zoe's senior year.

• Like 2

praise him steve harvey GIF

I try to be a completist, and I've been watching this show out of some sort of obligation I couldn't even possible explain to myself. But I just couldn't be motivated to watch the last 2 episodes. I don't even know if I'll struggle through the last season. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 3/29/2023 at 2:07 PM, Superclam said:

praise him steve harvey GIF

I try to be a completist, and I've been watching this show out of some sort of obligation I couldn't even possible explain to myself. But I just couldn't be motivated to watch the last 2 episodes. I don't even know if I'll struggle through the last season. 

I had about 5 episodes I didn't watch and decided to skip to the season finale...which I found meh.   I feel like...no I made the right choice.    I concur with being relieved there's an end in sight.

Edited by Meedis
  • Like 2
31 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

Not surprised. This new cast was not it. 

Truth. The original cast wasn't that great, but were light years above this crew, the majority of who's names I do not know. 

The writing was the real problem here, though. All over the place without a clear narrative. 

I'd like to see something else with Junior because I like the actor. 

• Like 1

Freeform Sets Premiere Dates for ‘Cruel Summer,’ ‘Grown-ish’ and ‘Praise Petey’ (TV News Roundup)

The first half of “Grown-ish” Season 6 premieres June 28, 2023 and features Justine Skye and Tara Raani as returning series regulars. This season follows Annika (Skye), a sharp and funny aspiring media star who picks a college that best fits her personal brand. Raani plays Zaara a first-generation queer Muslim American whose fearlessness inspires Junior as his best friend and go-to shoulder to lean on.

On 4/17/2023 at 2:35 PM, AnimeMania said:

Freeform Sets Premiere Dates for ‘Cruel Summer,’ ‘Grown-ish’ and ‘Praise Petey’ (TV News Roundup)

The first half of “Grown-ish” Season 6 premieres June 28, 2023 and features Justine Skye and Tara Raani as returning series regulars. This season follows Annika (Skye), a sharp and funny aspiring media star who picks a college that best fits her personal brand. Raani plays Zaara a first-generation queer Muslim American whose fearlessness inspires Junior as his best friend and go-to shoulder to lean on.

so wait....Junior isn't even going to be on this....there is barely any link to Blackish anymore, although I have checked out quite a while ago it's like they don't even want us to watch anymore....

The sixth and final season of Grown-ish will air in two parts, with the first half premiering June 28, 2023 and the second half in 2024.

Kelly Rowland, Omarion, Latto, NLE Choppa, Lil Yachty, and Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals will be guest stars. Kelly Rowland will portray Edie, a tenured professor who serves as the head of the psychology department at Cal U. Latto will portray Sloane, a wine rep who counts Doug as a client. Omarion and NLE Choppa will play themselves. 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:34 AM, Superclam said:

Truth. The original cast wasn't that great, but were light years above this crew, the majority of who's names I do not know. 

The writing was the real problem here, though. All over the place without a clear narrative. 

I'd like to see something else with Junior because I like the actor. 

The first 2 seasons were legitimately good. It captured the college feeling and the generational vibe with the social media and tracking each other on their phones, etc. The next couple seasons got a little less relatable with the baby in the house and the unrealistic narratives of Zoey and Aaron constantly failing upward, but they still had some good episodes.

I just haven't been able to get into this new set of people, I'm not sure a full or near full cast switch up has ever worked. It's been done, like Saved by the Bell: The New Class, but does anyone remember those new folks? 

I also like the actor who plays Junior, but I guess because he was such a young kid when the show started, it was hard to see him as a college student. It's like your little nieces and nephews or younger cousins, you always see them as little kids even when they're full-grown adults.

I don't think I've watched since the ridiculous premiere of the last season and based on the lack of activity in every episode thread, I'm not surprised they're wrapping this one up.

• Like 2
(edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 2:53 AM, AnimeMania said:

FF_GRN_S6B_KeyArt_3840x2160_Branded-900x

I can't believe this is still alive.

She looks like a cross between a doll and a front desk person at a Hampton Inn.

Edited by qtpye