Type keyword(s) to search

NEXT in the Media: Somebody’s Watchin’

ohjoy
  • Start Topic

Fox pilot starring Eve Harlow for the 2019-2020 season —

“neXt” is described as a fact-based thriller grounded in the latest A.I. research. It features a brilliant but paranoid former tech CEO who joins a Homeland Cybersecurity Agent and her team to stop the world’s first artificial intelligence crisis: the emergence of a rogue AI with the ability to continuously improve itself.

It looks like this show was among four dramas Fox picked up to series

neXt stars Mad Men vet John Slattery as a tech pioneer who learns that one of his artificial-intelligence creations might lead to global disaster and “teams up with a cybercrime agent to fight a villain unlike anything we’ve ever seen — one whose greatest weapon against us is ourselves,” per the official synopsis. Fernanda Andrade (Sons of Anarchy), Michael Mosley (Ozark) and Eve Harlow (Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) co-star. Manny Coto (24, Dexter) is the creator.

next-fox-series-order.jpg

Comic Con is going to be free online this year due to COVID-19 so everyone can see the Next panel! It hasn't been assigned a time slot yet so be sure to check the Comic Con website in the next week or so to see when this panel will take place.

Next
Panelists will include creator and executive producer Manny Coto, John Slattery, Fernanda Andrade, Michael Mosley, Jason Butler Harner and Eve Harlow for a fascinating conversation about the new Fox series and how A.I. and technology infiltrates all of our lives, moderated by Thrillist's Esther Zuckerman.

Premiere date has been announced, and a 'new' trailer, which has some of the same stuff from earlier, but also some new stuff.

Fox Sets ‘NeXt’ Premiere Date & Unveils Trailer

Fox is moving John Slattery-fronted thriller NeXt to Tuesday nights in a minor shuffle of its fall schedule.

The network will launch the drama, which was held over from last broadcast season, on Tuesday October 6 at 9 pm. It takes the slot previously designated from Filthy Rich, which was also held over, after the broadcast debut of Cosmos: Possible Worlds at 8pm.

• Love 1

I must have missed the original announcement of this show.  I love a good AI thriller but kinda wonder if it will just make me miss PoI more than I already do.  (Off to see how much the complete series on dvd costs. Really? $85 - maybe I'll wait a bit... ) 

2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Are the ratings THAT bad? It aired two episodes.

I am surprised Fox would want to limit their options so quickly with all the Covid issues delaying other shows.

Yes, the ratings were pretty bad. It premiered with 0.3 in the 18-49 demo and 1.8 million viewers and I think it went a bit down for the second episode and I read somewhere its 7 day ratings were just about the same. I don’t know if it’s an expensive show, but if it is, it likely wasn’t worth getting a second season given the added production expenses due to Covid and the likelihood the ratings wouldn’t get better. Wasn’t this going to be a Summer or late Spring show that was held over until Fall? It may have been set up to fail

• Useful 1

Here are the air dates for the Next next few episodes.

"FILE #7" episode of NEXT airing Tuesday, Dec. 8 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

"FILE #8" episode of NEXT airing Tuesday, Dec. 15 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

"FILE #9/FILE #10" Series Finale Double Episode of NEXT airing Tuesday, Dec. 22 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX.

• Love 1