Type keyword(s) to search

Kenya Moore: Twirl! Twirl!

• Start Topic

http://uptownmagazine.com/2015/05/janet-hubert-slaps-kenya-moore-with-lawsuit/

I didn't know Aunt Viv is in this mess! She's pissed. Falsifying time sheets? No Bueno.

I've been seeing Aunt Viv's rants about Kenya all over the place. I think she's nuts and it's hard to believe she's the only cast member that wasn't paid. I've been patiently waiting for another for another cast member to come forward with the same allegations.

Momma Joyce did. She wasn't paid either, and she bitched about it to the media after her first season being on the show. Most all of the "friends" of Housewives aren't paid a penny.

But Vic is saying Kenya didn't pay her for Life Twirls on not the RHOA.

I found this statement Kenya made about this Viv thing.  I guess it's over.

STATEMENT FROM KENYA MOORE REGARDING JANET HUBERT

There have been numerous false allegations made from Janet Hubert regarding non- payment for her work on the TV pilot Life Twirls On and most recently criminal activity. Although Miss Hubert had been issued a total of 4 checks for her work since November 2014, SAG/AFTRA has officially determined that Moore Vision Media does not owe Miss Hubert any additional payment and all claims have been settled.

We regret Miss Hubert felt it necessary to make personal attacks by slandering the producers, however, we echo the sentiment of the producers of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and wish Miss Hubert well in her future endeavors.

Nice little dig there at the end referencing the Fresh Prince, lol.  

I got that over at Tamara Tattles, and here is the link because Tamara will hunt down and kill anyone who doesn't include links if they lift her stuff http://tamaratattles.com/2015/05/07/kenya-moore-makes-statement-on-janet-hubert-announces-life-twirls-on-premiere/#more-15708

Included in Kenya's statement was this delightful bit of news! 

Life Twirls On premieres tomorrow Friday May 8, 2015 at 8pm ET. Please go to Facebook.com/thekenyamoore or KenyaMoore.com to watch. Network premiere TBA.

So I guess we can all meet back here to snark on that work of art after the airing. 

• Love 3

I was really bummed out last night because I wanted to see Life Twirls On, but there seemed to be nothing available on either link Kenya put up.

Well today it is available to watch onYoutube !!!  

Enjoy! I will be back to watch after I put in a few hours in the garden. Can't wait to hear what people think of it!

It was cute!  I was very impressed with the production value, Kenya Moore/Moore Vision Media do not play.  I even laughed a few times.

The acting wasn't horrible but it wasn't that great, either.  Kenya will need to shell out for some acting classes for her and her co-stars (or they could all go get roles on a Tyler Perry set), and I hope she will consider a speech coach to help her with the narration:  I heard a bit of over-enunciation and every once in a while her accent would come out (e.g., "diffi-colt").

Cynthia's character will have to be recast or removed altogether.  Brandon did a good job.  If the pilot gets picked up, looks like we'll have another Aunt Viv situation with Janet Hubert's Aunt Loraine, which is a shame.  Loved seeing that high kick!

LMAO at the commercial breaks for Moore Haircare.  There were three or four commercial breaks (had to fast forward after the first) and I felt like she got a lot of story in the 20 or so minutes she had, so whatever writers she had did their jobs.

All in all, it's promising, and if she can get some more seasoned/polished professionals to clean up some rough points then I think she'll be able to find a network.  Shit, if Tyler Perry's sitcoms can find a home then I don't see why this can't.  (Can you tell I'm not a big fan of his?)

• Love 4

That article makes no sense, in addition to the poor grammar:

The show was filmed a couple of months after it was aired on television, but according to Kenya they were still going strong.

How is a show filmed a couple of months after already being aired?

• Love 3

That article makes no sense, in addition to the poor grammar:

How is a show filmed a couple of months after already being aired?

cooks my mind rewound over that a few times and the best I can come up with is a punctuation gaffe.  With proper punctuation: 

The show was filmed, a couple of months after, it was aired on television, but according to Kenya they were still going strong.

Still properly run on-ish but dealable.

Looks like her boyfriend got married last month:

http://hitshowstowatch.com/is-kenya-moores-beau-james-freeman-married-to-another-woman/

Was it yet another fake relationship or did she get played?

Girl.  What the fresh hell?  What are we thinking? another Walter?  Either she has problems that really require some professional help to sort out or she was fooled?  Now, it's not entirely beyond the realm.  I knew a friend from work who was dating this guy she showed up with at mutual girlfriend's birthday party.  She'd been seeing him for months, they were very cute together, he was affectionate, attentive, all that.  I thought she'd finally found her match.  Her cousin, the birthday girl, told me that the following week, that guy got married.  So it happens but how hard can this really be to find out?  Men frankly, aren't that good at being dodgy for long, if you're listening closely enough.

• Love 2

cooks my mind rewound over that a few times and the best I can come up with is a punctuation gaffe. With proper punctuation:

The show was filmed, a couple of months after, it was aired on television, but according to Kenya they were still going strong.

Still properly run on-ish but dealable.

Girl. What the fresh hell? What are we thinking? another Walter? Either she has problems that really require some professional help to sort out or she was fooled? Now, it's not entirely beyond the realm. I knew a friend from work who was dating this guy she showed up with at mutual girlfriend's birthday party. She'd been seeing him for months, they were very cute together, he was affectionate, attentive, all that. I thought she'd finally found her match. Her cousin, the birthday girl, told me that the following week, that guy got married. So it happens but how hard can this really be to find out? Men frankly, aren't that good at being dodgy for long, if you're listening closely enough.

I'm not a fan of Kenya and I believe she's a liar so I'm inclined to think this is another Walter situation. I agree with you...a man who you are close enough with to call the love of your life cannot get one over on you like that.

I would feel sorry for her but from what I've read, she was coming for people's relationships at the reunion.

I hate that Bravo keeps letting her get away with this crap while everyone else has to share their real lives or lose their peach.

• Love 6

it is another Walter situation.  The man Kenya claimed she was in a relationship with but taking it slow happens to have just gotten married to his actual love.  It is on Media Fakeout but they actually have pictures.  He says there never was any relationship with him and Kenya

• Love 4

I was really bummed out last night because I wanted to see Life Twirls On, but there seemed to be nothing available on either link Kenya put up.

Well today it is available to watch onYoutube !!!  

Enjoy! I will be back to watch after I put in a few hours in the garden. Can't wait to hear what people think of it!

That was awful, really awful!!

• Love 1

Having been in a relationship for a long time with someone who totally blindsided me, I sort of feel bad for Kenya. The guy would have been a "nobody" were it not for being on Patti's show and meeting Kenya. Gotta wonder what his motives were.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't think so. I think Kenya thought this guy was the real deal, from what I've read elsewhere. I think he took her for a ride and blindsided her.

So you think he gave her an engagement in Vegas? Or was she just trolling?

IMG_6189.png

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1

I think the truth is in the middle. They probably really dated, he glimpsed the crazy, broke up with her (and quickly found someone else and rushed into an engagement, as some men are wont to do), and she lied and said they were still together to save face, especially since the reunion was coming up.

That would explain why he suddenly posted his wedding photos on Facebook after four years of no posts. It would also explain Kenya lying now about finding out today when Porsha knew a week ago and tweeted her about it.

• Love 4

If it's true that Walter was Kenya's fake boyfriend who eventually got tired of the act and wanted out, causing her so much embarrassment, you would think she would have learned from that and made a better choice with fake BF # 2, and ... oh, maybe not pick someone who was about TO GET MARRIED! 

It makes me think she was a bit played, because she never would have tried this game again with someone who was engaged already and about to walk down the aisle with someone else. 

• Love 2

Yeah, I think the thing with Walter was an agreed-upon deal between the two of them for the show, only Walter spilled his guts on the radio. I don't think Kenya was in on the joke with James. She sincerely believed he was interested in her, from what I garnered from her Facebook posts.

• Love 2

If this is another ruse I'd blame Bravo, not Kenya, because they're the ones who benefit.  Short of a serious disease she's probably not going to garner any sympathy from those who aren't already her supporters, so it just makes her look even more crazy.  But, it did help Bravo create the illusion that the Millionaire Matchmaker has some kind of skill.  

And...I can see Kenya playing into that for awhile.  

It would be kind of a lot of energy for a charade, though.  It's a shame it didn't happen during filming, or at least before the reunion was filmed.  Yet another thing- like Kim from BH getting arrested- happening in the off-season.  Oh well.

• Love 1

The guy would have been a "nobody" were it not for being on Patti's show and meeting Kenya. Gotta wonder what his motives were.

Everyone seems suspect.  He's shady for going on a fake dating show, meanwhile, he's engaged/dating someone else.  Kenya looks silly for not being aware, and his wife is crazy for being ok with the arrangement.  The only way I'd think Kenya was hoodwinked is if he met his wife shortly after dating Kenya, then had some fly-by-night wedding in Vegas.  However, since they apparently had a registry and a ceremony, the wedding was clearly planned. There's famewhoreness afoot.

(edited)

Yeah, I think the thing with Walter was an agreed-upon deal between the two of them for the show, only Walter spilled his guts on the radio. I don't think Kenya was in on the joke with James. She sincerely believed he was interested in her, from what I garnered from her Facebook posts.

She is in love with this guy BUT, she didn't talk to or see this guy for over a month, this happens after the reunion is over, after she was just on WWHL AND right after her "pilot" is released in full on Youtube! LOL Sorry, not buying it.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 9

He's got some type of job/career/business that takes him away for long stretches of time, so I can see him using that as an excuse. The only reason I am thinking Kenya was hoodwinked and didn't know what was going on is because I personally know someone who was on Patti's show. Patti makes a big deal out of making a "match" and you'd better go along with it or else. My friend met her future partner there, but it wasn't who Patti matched her up with. That person was koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs. Sheree was on the show as well and didn't get matched up with anyone. The guys that Kenya met were all nice enough, but James was definitely the front-runner, personality-wise. 

• Love 1

I think he may have been majorly jerking her around, garnering publicity for himself. Maybe his new wife was in on it. I don't know, but I don't think Kenya knew what was up.

Just like she wasn't in on the Walter situation until he went public. Just like the hot romance with her transparent African prince. The ring was probably the prop for her show. The is no way I would believe she didn't know.

• Love 6

He's got some type of job/career/business that takes him away for long stretches of time, so I can see him using that as an excuse. The only reason I am thinking Kenya was hoodwinked and didn't know what was going on is because I personally know someone who was on Patti's show. Patti makes a big deal out of making a "match" and you'd better go along with it or else. My friend met her future partner there, but it wasn't who Patti matched her up with. That person was koo-koo for Cocoa Puffs. Sheree was on the show as well and didn't get matched up with anyone. The guys that Kenya met were all nice enough, but James was definitely the front-runner, personality-wise. 

No, Kenya knew! IMO, this was staged by Kenya, Andy/Bravo, James and Pattie. The timing of this becoming public when no one on the show can question her about it and the posting of her TV pilot on Youtube is just too convenient! LOL This also magically gives her a storyline for next season without having to show her real life, especially in light that Andy claimed Porsha was downgraded to "friend" status because she would not reveal her personal  life.

• Love 2

I'm wondering why Patti doesn't do background checks on any of the people she brings on the show? I know she didn't do a thing on the person I know. If she had done any type of check, wouldn't she know James was involved with someone?

My friend certainly is no millionaire, either.

According to MN, Kenya knew the guy had moved on long before he got married and before the reunion. It also smells like another situation she was in pre-RHOA when she tried to sue her married lover over breach of promise. A few years back. She doesn't take rejection well, at all.

• Love 3

James's wife speaking out does nothing to dispel the shiftiness of this entire situation. First of all, he forgot to mention that he was on the show? Really? Unless he makes the reality tv rounds so often that this show was just another notch on his belt, his wife should be side eyeing him for that, hardcore.

It's also suspect that Jaimi is apparently his spokesperson.  He's the one that should be telling his side of this story.

• Love 5

I'm wondering why Patti doesn't do background checks on any of the people she brings on the show? I know she didn't do a thing on the person I know. If she had done any type of check, wouldn't she know James was involved with someone?

My friend certainly is no millionaire, either.

According to his now wife, they met after he appeared on MM, not before so nothing would have come up in a background check. This guy and Kenya were not engaged and they did not see each other more than a few times yet Kenya was telling the world she met her "King"? LOL They did not even speak to each other on a regular basis, how she can, Kenya, claim she was in love with him or give the false impression she got engaged while in Vegas? She played us, pure and simple, she played us. LOL

• Love 1

The shade! Lol.  Girl don't do that you know your nails grow out!  LOL!!

Here, if you want to cut her for something, use this: 

http://madamenoire.com/533054/wife-of-kenya-moores-boyfriend-speaks-out-it-doesnt-feel-good-to-be-put-in-this-position/

James's wife speaking out does nothing to dispel the shiftiness of this entire situation. First of all, he forgot to mention that he was on the show? Really? Unless he makes the reality tv rounds so often that this show was just another notch on his belt, his wife should be side eyeing him for that, hardcore.

It's also suspect that Jaimi is apparently his spokesperson.  He's the one that should be telling his side of this story.

Exactly!  Why is his wife responding and not him??  The whole thing sounds fishy, particularly from his end.  The part about Kenya calling to celebrate with him and him saying he was with someone sounds believable.  But I don't think she would call to celebrate if they had actually ended their relationship.  Sounds like dude was double dipping.

• Love 2
(edited)

The question should be why are we believing a woman who has lied about her relationships at least twice before? The same woman who was inappropriately flirting with another woman's husband and actually sued another woman's husband because he wouldn't leave his wife to marry her? Why isn't anyone noticing a pattern, here?

Edited by Aging Goth
  • Love 11

Kenya is a liar but I never thought she was stupid. I'm starting to think she's both. This was a really bad thing to lie about after she lied about Walter. She must think that audience is too stupid to figure it out. Oh well. Guess she was wrong.

She's an idiot. 

• Love 3