Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
paulvdb

The Outpost in the Media

New Jake Stormoen print interview...

Sci Fi Magazine - Spring 2021
Steve Eramo    Jan. 20, 2021
https://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/scifiandtvtalk/2021/01/sci-fi-magazine-spring-2021.html 

If you happen to be passing a newsstand, check out the new issue of Sci Fi Magazine (Spring 2021 issue) which contains my "TV in Focus" section interviews with Ben Aldridge (Pennyworth), Jonathan Tucker (Debris), Iddo Goldberg (Snowpiercer), Toby Kebbell (Servant), Garfield Wilson (The Astronauts), Yetide Badaki (American Gods), Rachel Skarsten (Batwoman), Tyler Cotton (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) and Liz Krueger & Craig Shapiro (Charmed) as well as my feature interviews with Simon Allen & Richard Dormer (The Watch) and Jake Stormoen (The Outpost). If you live in the U.S. and cannot find a copy of the magazine at your local newsstand you can order it directly - SCI FI Circulation, P.O. Box 1654, Williamsport, PA 17703. Single copies are $5.00 plus $2.00 for postage. Yearly subscriptions can also be purchased - U.S.A. $16.95; Canada and overseas $30.95 US$. Thanks as always for your continued support!

6a01348361f24a970c026bdeb6c12e200c-320wi

EuHepw8XAAASL3M?format=jpg
EuHepw6XcAAnkG9?format=jpg
EuHepw7XcAIJo9d?format=jpg
(source)

Edited by tv echo

Alumna Milica Vrzic filmed ‘The Outpost’ during the COVID-19 pandemic
Francesca Bermudez   February 16, 2021
http://www.laloyolan.com/life_and_arts/film_tv/alumna-milica-vrzic-filmed-the-outpost-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/article_eb4c05e2-25bb-5ee7-82d6-cd1a5339273e.html 

LMU alumna Milica Vrzic (’20) landed the role of Ana in the third season of “The Outpost” shortly after graduating with a theatre arts degree. She filmed three episodes of the CW drama series in her home country of Serbia during the COVID-19 pandemic. The episodes Vrzic filmed mirrored current events, as her character believed she was meant to spread a virus she had been infected with.
F.B. [Francesca Bermudez]: Did you expect that you would film in your own home country of Serbia?
M.V. [Milica Vrzic]
: No, not at all. I did not even know they filmed a previous season there. It kind of gave me an advantage that I started here. I was not thrown off that someone was saying, “Oh, you would have to act in English.” Also, it was very cool because the show is kind of like a fantasy with a little bit of sci-fi. We had some stunt scenes which I really enjoyed. The film crew was mostly Serbian and the actors were mostly international, so that combo was really cool.

602b34069db46.image.jpg?resize=1200,674

Edited by tv echo

On 2/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, tv echo said:

6a01348361f24a970c026bdeb6c12e200c-320wi

I read Jake Stormoen's interview in the Spring 2021 issue of Sci Fi Magazine.

What stood out to me was when he talked about what his character went through in Season 2 of The Outpost, saying: "There's death, resurrection, torture, imprisonment, brainwashing, betrayal, redemption, and repeated broken hearts. Combine this with the television model of a new director every episode or two, each with their own wonderful vision they want to bring to life, and Garrett -- along with me in the copilot seat -- found himself on an immense rollercoaster. Looking back, I can 100% say that I spent much of the second season hoping and praying that I, as an actor, was properly weaving the golden thread of continuity through all that Garret went through, and it changed a lot as well in some pretty big ways. There were several instances where fairly major Garret plot points were changed or shifted days before shooting, or even on the day, and my first worry every time was, 'Am I doing my job in tying this all together? Is his journey believable?' By the end of season two, I'd love to think I succeeded, but that's more for audiences to decide, I suppose. However, either way, Garret ended that season a broken, confused man whose entire sense of purpose - the thing he clung to from season one - was fragmented and needed a renovation."

He then talked about how, in Season 3, Garret is trying to piece himself together, though he's a changed man, and that he's looking for direction. Per Jake, he's "trying to retain a sense of purpose and clarity by throwing himself into tasks to which he can contribute."

This interview was done when The Outpost was shooting episodes 10 and 11 of Season 3.

Edited by tv echo

Series has wrapped shooting Season 3B or 4...

May or may not mean something...

Edited by tv echo

I don't know if this info is accurate - I also don't know if the new season is Season 4 or still technically Season 3B...

The Outpost Season 4 Release Date, Trailer, Cast, Spoilers and News
March 11, 2021
https://releasedate.me/the-outpost/

The CW Channel announced release date of The Outpost season 4. TV Series will return on January 2nd, 2022. ,,,,

Edited by tv echo

That was posted almost two months ago? And not reported anywhere else? In that case I don't think the CW announced anything. They only just announced the premiere dates for their summer 2021 series. So we'll probably have to wait a while for news about The Outpost.

The Outpost is a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, Jessica Green and Imogen Waterhouse are nominees for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, and Anand Desai-Barochia and Jake Stormoen are nominees for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 1)
May 7, 2021    Tell-Tale TV
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-1/

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the many categories below from now through Thursday, May 13th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021.
The top 12 nominees in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round 2, which will begin on Friday, May 14th. 

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost will return to the network’s summer schedule on Thursday, July 15th at 9 pm on The CW.

• Useful 1

Here's the relevant excerpts from The CW's May 10th press release...
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/the-cw/shows/the-outpost/releases/view?id=57524 

May 10, 2021 (Burbank, CA) – The CW Network announced today that it is adding the return of THE OUTPOST to its summer schedule and shifting some of its previously announced premieres, including new dates for BURDEN OF TRUTH and CORONER.

THE OUTPOST joins The CW’s supersized summer of original programming, including the previously announced series premieres of THE REPUBLIC OF SARAH and WELLINGTON PARANORMAL as well as the returns of DC’S STARGIRL, DEAD PIXELS, IN THE DARK, CORONER, ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO, RIVERDALE, SUPERGIRL and BURDEN OF TRUTH. The season premiere for MASTERS OF ILLUSION, previously announced to air this summer, will be announced at a later date.

The fantasy adventure series THE OUTPOST will return to The CW on Thursday, July 15 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT) following an original episode of The CW’s hit series WALKER (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT).
Below, please find The CW’s complete calendar for its Summer 2021 schedule including new series and returning season premieres and key revised dates. All times ET/PT:
THURSDAY, JULY 15
8:00-9:00pm WALKER (Original Episode)
9:00-10:00pm THE OUTPOST (Season Premiere)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19
8:00-9:00pm CORONER (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm THE OUTPOST (Original Episode)

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost is not listed on the Fall TV Schedule 2021, nor is it listed among the midseason launches (so the additional 13 episodes that start airing July 15 may be the final episodes of this series)...

Fall TV Schedule 2021: What's on When? And Versus What?
By Matt Webb Mitovich / May 25 2021, 
https://tvline.com/2021/05/25/fall-tv-schedule-2021-nbc-network-cbs-primetime-abc-shows-cw-fox/

Edited by tv echo