Type keyword(s) to search

The Outpost in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

New Jake Stormoen print interview...

Sci Fi Magazine - Spring 2021
Steve Eramo    Jan. 20, 2021
https://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/scifiandtvtalk/2021/01/sci-fi-magazine-spring-2021.html 

If you happen to be passing a newsstand, check out the new issue of Sci Fi Magazine (Spring 2021 issue) which contains my "TV in Focus" section interviews with Ben Aldridge (Pennyworth), Jonathan Tucker (Debris), Iddo Goldberg (Snowpiercer), Toby Kebbell (Servant), Garfield Wilson (The Astronauts), Yetide Badaki (American Gods), Rachel Skarsten (Batwoman), Tyler Cotton (Chilling Adventures of Sabrina) and Liz Krueger & Craig Shapiro (Charmed) as well as my feature interviews with Simon Allen & Richard Dormer (The Watch) and Jake Stormoen (The Outpost). If you live in the U.S. and cannot find a copy of the magazine at your local newsstand you can order it directly - SCI FI Circulation, P.O. Box 1654, Williamsport, PA 17703. Single copies are $5.00 plus $2.00 for postage. Yearly subscriptions can also be purchased - U.S.A. $16.95; Canada and overseas $30.95 US$. Thanks as always for your continued support!

6a01348361f24a970c026bdeb6c12e200c-320wi

EuHepw8XAAASL3M?format=jpg
EuHepw6XcAAnkG9?format=jpg
EuHepw7XcAIJo9d?format=jpg
(source)

Edited by tv echo

Alumna Milica Vrzic filmed ‘The Outpost’ during the COVID-19 pandemic
Francesca Bermudez   February 16, 2021
http://www.laloyolan.com/life_and_arts/film_tv/alumna-milica-vrzic-filmed-the-outpost-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/article_eb4c05e2-25bb-5ee7-82d6-cd1a5339273e.html 

LMU alumna Milica Vrzic (’20) landed the role of Ana in the third season of “The Outpost” shortly after graduating with a theatre arts degree. She filmed three episodes of the CW drama series in her home country of Serbia during the COVID-19 pandemic. The episodes Vrzic filmed mirrored current events, as her character believed she was meant to spread a virus she had been infected with.
F.B. [Francesca Bermudez]: Did you expect that you would film in your own home country of Serbia?
M.V. [Milica Vrzic]
: No, not at all. I did not even know they filmed a previous season there. It kind of gave me an advantage that I started here. I was not thrown off that someone was saying, “Oh, you would have to act in English.” Also, it was very cool because the show is kind of like a fantasy with a little bit of sci-fi. We had some stunt scenes which I really enjoyed. The film crew was mostly Serbian and the actors were mostly international, so that combo was really cool.

602b34069db46.image.jpg?resize=1200,674

Edited by tv echo
On 2/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, tv echo said:

6a01348361f24a970c026bdeb6c12e200c-320wi

I read Jake Stormoen's interview in the Spring 2021 issue of Sci Fi Magazine.

What stood out to me was when he talked about what his character went through in Season 2 of The Outpost, saying: "There's death, resurrection, torture, imprisonment, brainwashing, betrayal, redemption, and repeated broken hearts. Combine this with the television model of a new director every episode or two, each with their own wonderful vision they want to bring to life, and Garrett -- along with me in the copilot seat -- found himself on an immense rollercoaster. Looking back, I can 100% say that I spent much of the second season hoping and praying that I, as an actor, was properly weaving the golden thread of continuity through all that Garret went through, and it changed a lot as well in some pretty big ways. There were several instances where fairly major Garret plot points were changed or shifted days before shooting, or even on the day, and my first worry every time was, 'Am I doing my job in tying this all together? Is his journey believable?' By the end of season two, I'd love to think I succeeded, but that's more for audiences to decide, I suppose. However, either way, Garret ended that season a broken, confused man whose entire sense of purpose - the thing he clung to from season one - was fragmented and needed a renovation."

He then talked about how, in Season 3, Garret is trying to piece himself together, though he's a changed man, and that he's looking for direction. Per Jake, he's "trying to retain a sense of purpose and clarity by throwing himself into tasks to which he can contribute."

This interview was done when The Outpost was shooting episodes 10 and 11 of Season 3.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

I don't know if this info is accurate - I also don't know if the new season is Season 4 or still technically Season 3B...

The Outpost Season 4 Release Date, Trailer, Cast, Spoilers and News
March 11, 2021
https://releasedate.me/the-outpost/

The CW Channel announced release date of The Outpost season 4. TV Series will return on January 2nd, 2022. ,,,,

Edited by tv echo

That was posted almost two months ago? And not reported anywhere else? In that case I don't think the CW announced anything. They only just announced the premiere dates for their summer 2021 series. So we'll probably have to wait a while for news about The Outpost.

(edited)

The Outpost is a nominee for Favorite Network Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, Jessica Green and Imogen Waterhouse are nominees for Favorite Actress in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series, and Anand Desai-Barochia and Jake Stormoen are nominees for Favorite Actor in a Network Sci-fi/Fantasy/Horror Series...

Vote for Your Favorites! The 2021 Tell-Tale TV Awards (Round 1)
May 7, 2021    Tell-Tale TV
https://telltaletv.com/2021/05/vote-for-your-favorites-the-2021-tell-tale-tv-awards-round-1/

You can vote for up to THREE choices in each of the many categories below from now through Thursday, May 13th at 8pm EST. You can vote once per day until voting closes. All awards are for shows airing between May 2020 and April 2021.
The top 12 nominees in each category (or more in cases of ties) will then move on to Round 2, which will begin on Friday, May 14th. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Here's the relevant excerpts from The CW's May 10th press release...
https://www.viacomcbspressexpress.com/the-cw/shows/the-outpost/releases/view?id=57524 

May 10, 2021 (Burbank, CA) – The CW Network announced today that it is adding the return of THE OUTPOST to its summer schedule and shifting some of its previously announced premieres, including new dates for BURDEN OF TRUTH and CORONER.

THE OUTPOST joins The CW’s supersized summer of original programming, including the previously announced series premieres of THE REPUBLIC OF SARAH and WELLINGTON PARANORMAL as well as the returns of DC’S STARGIRL, DEAD PIXELS, IN THE DARK, CORONER, ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO, RIVERDALE, SUPERGIRL and BURDEN OF TRUTH. The season premiere for MASTERS OF ILLUSION, previously announced to air this summer, will be announced at a later date.

The fantasy adventure series THE OUTPOST will return to The CW on Thursday, July 15 (9:00-10:00pm ET/PT) following an original episode of The CW’s hit series WALKER (8:00-9:00pm ET/PT).
Below, please find The CW’s complete calendar for its Summer 2021 schedule including new series and returning season premieres and key revised dates. All times ET/PT:
THURSDAY, JULY 15
8:00-9:00pm WALKER (Original Episode)
9:00-10:00pm THE OUTPOST (Season Premiere)
THURSDAY, AUGUST 19
8:00-9:00pm CORONER (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm THE OUTPOST (Original Episode)

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Outpost returns July 15 - here's the synopsis for episode 3B01...

The Outpost - Episode 3.14 - Someone Has to Rule - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at June 27, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/06/the-outpost-episode-314-someone-has-to.html 

Spoiler

"Someone Has to Rule" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DV) (HDTV)

WHO WILL RULE? - Garret (Jake Stormoen) wants Talon (Jessica Green) to take the throne, while a mysterious assassin seeks revenge. Falista (Georgia May Foote) mourns for Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) but hatches a new plan. Zed (Reece Ritchie) wants Wren (Izuka Hoyle) to be High Priestess and uncovers a secret about her. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Milan Todorvić (#3B01). Original airdate 7/15/2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Again there seems to be an inconsistency as to whether this is Season 3B or Season 4 - also EE"s article below has a slightly different episode synopsis...

Spoiler

Electric Entertainment announced that fantasy-adventure series The Outpost returns for its fourth season on The CW on July 15, 2021.

The new season finds the Outpost in need of a new ruler. While Talon and Garret attempt to establish new leadership, a sinister threat awakens that reveals the origin of the mysterious kinjes. Meanwhile, a would-be assassin hunts downs Talon for vengeance on crimes in the past.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Includes The CW's synopsis of the upcoming new season...

The Outpost: Changes, Threats & Adventure Return To The Realm – Preview
By: John Baker June 30, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/?p=91499 

It’s been a long minute since we saw the developments unfold in season 3A of the fantasy-adventure gem, The Outpost. The CW offering has taken many twists and turns since its humble beginnings, but perhaps more than anything else, it has grown and improved in the three full seasons it has aired. And now, with a fourth season looming (or season 3B as they officially call it), the show has reached that wonderfully rarified air of its fandom having very high expectations. Give us more, more, more (Sorry, Billy Idol moment there). Thus far, the actors, writers, directors and overall vibe of the show have risen to the occasion time and time again. I expect nothing less in the new season, which premieres Thursday, July 15, (9 p.m. ET) on the CW.
One of the questions hanging over the show as we get ready for 13 more episodes is – is this the end? There’s been no word from The CW on whether the show will get a fifth season, which is interesting given that the show has shown significant improvement in ratings and a growing and rabid fan base. It was voted the most popular show on The CW in a poll taken shortly after the last season concluded, so the silence concerning the fate of The Outpost is a bit worrisome. The truth is that in the fantasy/adventure/sci-fi genre, getting to a third season is a big deal. The Outpost enters its fourth (depending on how you want to label it) season and its popularity appears to be growing, which is an interesting and delightful conundrum. Here’s hoping we get a bit more action from the Realm in the coming year.

... Here’s a synopsis of what’s happening as the new season starts from The CW.

“After Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) sacrificed herself to destroy Yavalla, the Outpost needs a new ruler. But while Talon (Jessica Green) and Garret (Jake Stormoen) try to establish new leadership, a sinister threat awakens, revealing the true origin of the mysterious kinjes. Talon and her kinge-bearing friends all share dark visions from god-like beings who are hell-bent on reclaiming the kinjes for themselves. A would-be assassin (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) hunts Talon down to get vengeance for crimes of the past, but soon discovers that her own heritage is wrapped up in Talon’s fate.

Mourning the recent loss of her beloved Tobin (Aaron Fontaine), Falista (Georgia May Foote) is mentored by Two to dedicate herself to the new “gods” in exchange for a costly favor. But when the Lu Qiri go missing, Talon and Zed (Reece Ritchie) track them down to discover the greatest threat the Realm has ever faced…a new race of beings that will ultimately explain Talon’s own dark origins. 
When Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) and Wren (Izuka Hoyle) are forced to unlock an ancient city beneath the Outpost, they struggle to uncover who their real allies and enemies will be, while a secret they share gives them a new motivation to save the world. 

As she and her friends are hunted down one by one, while diabolic forces are tearing her world apart, Talon endures the darkest challenge she has ever faced, as she struggles to embrace the heroes of her past and somehow survive the villains that only she has the power to destroy.

The Outpost stars Jessica Green as Talon, Jake Stormoen as Garret Spears, Anand Desai-Barochia as Janzo, Aaron Fontaine as Tobin, Reece Ritchie as Zed, Izuka Hoyle as Wren, Georgia May Foote as Falista, Adam Johnson as Munt, Maeve Courtier-Lilly as Luna, and Nikki Leigh Scott as Vorta.

One things I do want to mention is that I think the sign of a good show, a quality show, is the growth and passion of the fan base. Clearly, The Outpost has seen a rise in the fandom through three seasons, and its fan base is a passionate and invested one. I pay no heed to the “critics” who pan shows like this. Fantasy-Adventure (along with sci-fi) is a special realm of entertainment and is often left underappreciated and overly criticized. But, it is also the genre most likely to inspire passionate and involved fans, who look beyond any real or imagined shortcomings to fully invest themselves in the show. That, my friends, is exactly what The Outpost has done. I’m thrilled to be back writing about it.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Synopsis for the second episode - 3B02 or 402 (depending on how you're numbering the episodes)...

The Outpost - Episode 4.02 - A Throne of Our Own - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 03, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-episode-402-throne-of-our.html 

Spoiler

A Throne of Our Own" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DLV) (HDTV)

WHAT IS YET TO COME - Garret (Jake Stormoen) attacks a new queen and strange visions reveal a new threat. Talon (Jessica Green) and Zed (Reece Ritchie) devise a plan to save the Blackbloods. Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) discovers Wren's (Izuka Hoyle) secret. Meanwhile, Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) tries to stay loyal and Luna (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) attempts another assassination. The episode was written by Jonathan Glassner and directed by Orsi Nagypál (#3B02). Original airdate 7/22/2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Synopsis for the third episode (403/3B03)...

The Outpost - Episode 4.03 - The Gods Thank You - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 09, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-episode-403-gods-thank-you.html 

Spoiler

"The Gods Thank You" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, DLV) (HDTV)

A GIFT FROM THE GODS - Garret (Jake Stormoen) is set free but must serve a new ruler. Talon (Jessica Green) and Zed (Reece Ritchie) return to save the Blackbloods but discover a tragedy. Falista (Georgia May Foote) tries to make peace. The episode was written by Rebecca Rosenberg and directed by Orsi Nagypál (#3B03). Original airdate 7/29/2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Preview podcast in anticipation of The Outpost returning on July 15 - Three If By Space's John Baker has already seen an advance screening of the first episode, but he said that he'll try not to spoil anything; however, this podcast is mostly discussion of what was revealed by the official CW synopsis of the new season...

The Outpost Calling -- 7/10/21
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/07/11/the-outpost-calling--71021 

With season 4 (or 3B, if you will) of The Outpost about to drop on The CW, it's a good time to take a look back at the end of last season and see what that might portend for the new season. Host John Baker will offer some thoughts on the past, the present and the future of The Outpost and discuss those with callers. The end of season 3 felt like a pivot point for the series and with new cast members, new threats and a realm to bring into order, there's sure to be plenty of chaos and intriguing storylines running through the next 13 episodes. So, we'll talk about the show, the characters and theorize about what we might be seeing in the next three months. Welcome back to The Outpost Calling.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Outpost returns tonight...

TV's Best Bets
Mike Hughes   July 14, 2021
https://www.mansfieldnewsjournal.com/story/news/2021/07/14/thursday-tvs-best-bets/7935175002/

Thursday, July 15
“The Outpost” season-opener, 9 p.m., CW. When this began, Talon seemed to be the last of her clan. Wandering alone (but with special powers), she found the outpost, ruled by Queen Gwynn (also known as Rosmund). Much changed in the third-season finale. Talon met and saved her father; both returned via portal, in time to help save their friends. Gwynn/Rosmund had a heroic death and her people bowed to Talon. Now Garret tries to convince her to take the throne; also, a mysterious assassin looms.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

The Outpost: Jake Stormoen Reflects On Pandemic, Filming & Garret Spears – Interview
By: John Baker     July 15, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/?p=91814

“It’s all such a weird thing,” Stormoen said of the last year-plus. “You’re in it (The pandemic) and the whole world is going through it – I was lucky to work through it. I was kind of in my own little universe – my apartment and the set in Serbia – and that was it. That was all I did.” Season 3A’s filming got interrupted by the pandemic, forcing a stop for about three months. Then cast and crew reassembled in Serbia to finish that season. When that was done, they took what amounted to a couple week break and then were back at it filming season 3B.
“It was just a blur and then we were back at it again,” Stormoen said of filming. “To me, it was kind of its own thing, an off to the side experience. Now I’m back (home) and we’re through it. I’m literally trying to remember the storyline of the premiere.”
“I think for Garret, a lot had happened in the third season, especially in the finale,” Stormoen explained. “Everything post-season 2 was about him finding purpose. Maybe he’d be able to take on a little more responsibility again as a place to focus. I think that continues when we pick up (3B). I think there’s a lot of that happening – Garret still trying to find that responsibility and purpose. The direction he thought he’d found – serving Gwynn and Tobin – no longer exists. So, I think everybody is trying to scramble – ‘What do we do now?’ and move forward as the Outpost, as a community. That’s probably what you’ll see the most of and Garret is pretty high on that list of finding purpose. The rug keeps getting pulled out from under him.”
“Garrett has become a means to accomplish certain story beats, and I don’t say that positively or negatively, it’s just who he is,” Stormoen said. “He did start out as this naïve paladin, this shining knight, but that was upended in the second season and it’s just been constant turmoil for him. Garret, as a character, was a heavy plot point for that turmoil in season 2 and I think that continued in season 3A.”

One of the attractive parts about playing Garret, according to Stormoen, is that every episode or two you get a different director coming in with a different feel for the show and script and they look to kind of accomplish their own things with it. And the character of Garret gets swept along in that. And that, said Stormoen, makes playing Garret Spears a lot of fun.

“It’s kind of fun to be along for the ride,” he said. “As for me playing Garret, I’ve had some curveballs thrown my way and that has been fun to have to pivot and adapt and find a way to thread this golden thread through the needle. I’ve had a lot of fun playing Garret. I’ve liked this kind of deconstruction in playing him. As a fan of Garret, I would love to see him have a bit of a break. However, it has also been fun to be thrown into the mix and play it out in a fantasy world.
“I do love getting those revelations about what Garret is going to do or be,” Stormoen added. “Every time a new script lands in my email box, I read it that day. I’m so excited and am always wanting to see what’s happening next.” Also helping The Outpost effort along has been the family feel on the set. The cast and crew of The Outpost formed bonds very early, Stormoen noted, and the family atmosphere is prevalent on set and within the group. And that helped a lot. “We’re all family at this point and I think we got that way early on,” he said. “We really bonded early on and every time we add a new cast members, it’s always so good. We’ve just been wonderfully blessed and crazy lucky like that.”

With 13 more episodes of The Outpost on The CW about to get rolling, the show’s fandom continues to grow and let those connected with the show know they are out there and they are passionate. Stormoen said that he sees and hears the passion of the fandom and values what they bring to the table on a constant basis. “I’m continuously blown away by the support,” he said. “The fans we have, they are so vocal about their love of the show. It’s really cool to see and especially so after more than 15 months of near continuous work. To have that and come back and wake up from this dreamlike state of this fantasy world and see people are so excited to have it back. That’s really fun to see.”
Now back at home, Stormoen said he is just finding that new normal again and engaging in the “standard actor fare at this point.” That means lining up audition videos and other items as he looks to book other work. There’s been no word on whether a fifth season of The Outpost is in the offing, something the fans and Stormoen are certainly hoping pans out.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

‘The Outpost’, The Summer Fantasy Series You Should Be Watching, Returns to The CW
LEE ARVOY    JULY 15, 2021
https://tvsourcemagazine.com/2021/07/the-outpost-the-summer-fantasy-series-you-should-be-watching-returns-to-the-cw/ 

Now is the perfect time to start watching The Outpost. Season 4 kicks off tonight, July 15 at 9 following Walker on the CW. Technically speaking, it is a continuation of Season 3 after receiving an additional 13 episode order during production on Season 3, but is being referred to as Season 4. For that reason I’ll gladly refer to it as that! While it has been a usual summer staple on the CW, last season was pushed to the fall due to the pandemic, and wrapped up in January. While some series showed signs of the pandemic forced changes, The Outpost kept firing on all cylinders, closing out the season out with a bang, resulting in fan favorite characters dying heroically. 

The series is perfect summertime fare, mixing fantasy with compelling characters, twisty dramatic reveals and the perfect amount of humor. Upon its debut, it quickly became one of my favorites and one of the series I most look forward to every summer. This little show is a fantasy epic that fully realizes its world and delivers on its premise. While it may not have the budget as some of the bigger fantasy series, it stands out on its own and transports you to a truly believable universe where these characters fight, thrive and survive. Season 3 was the show’s most confident season bringing in new characters to join our heroes, new villains to cause more tension, and truly made it a show to get excited for week after week. 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Some reviews of Episode 3B01 (401)...

The Outpost: Falista Gets An Offer She Can’t Refuse – Review, Ep. 3B01 (or 401)
John Baker    July 16, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/?p=91669  

Like a long-departed friend that has at last returned, The Outpost finally came back into our waiting viewing arms with the first episode of its fourth season (or season 3B as the network likes to call it). And there’s no way to sugarcoat this – I thought it was the best season opener The Outpost has produced. Well done to writers Jason Faller and Kynan Griffin, as well as director Milan Todorovic — thought you nailed this one. There’s a lot of information flowing from a show titled, “Someone Has to Rule,” including the question of who should rule — either by popular demand of blood succession.
... I’d hoped that the final couple of episodes of season 3A had helped Falista to mature a little bit, as well as reassess her priorities and her ambitions. Not so, it turns out. I found Falista to be a  huge emotional disappointment in this one as she seemed to feel that the loss of her Tobin wasn’t being met with the same reverence as the death of the queen. Shocking, I know, but there you have it. And that jealousy, coupled with her emotional hurt and ever-present ambition pushed her to a path that should have serious ramifications.
Truthfully, I expect Talon to end up with that crown by season’s end, but I’m not disappointed that she refused it at first, then fell victim to Falista’s power move later on. She’s a natural born doer, but I’m not sure she’s a natural leader. She’s been a lone wolf a long time and, even with Garret at her side (and boy, was she snippy with her lover), she tends to be impulsive and even display a snarky and dismissive attitude at times. Don’t misunderstand, I love Talon (Jess Green really shined in the opener), but heavy is the head that wears the crown and she doesn’t strike me, at least right now, as wanting to really, truly handle that weight.
Needless to say, Wren has plenty on her mind without the whole “hey, you’re the high priestess” pressure being applied. She is, as she notes, a woman of science. In that, I can see the high priestess gig offers no appeal to her. Unfortunately, other Blackbloods are already semi-anointing her to the position. The whole Wren-Janzo-Baby-Priestess saga should be interesting to see play out. And again, good for you Janzo. Zed didn’t think you had it in you, but I did. I did, buddy. Amazing that Janzo is still so underestimated after all he’s done and accomplished.
We also got a look at The Gods, who popped in to say hello and offer some ominous words when Falista and Two used their Kinjes. I’m coupling this with the disappearance of the Lu Qiri, which just may have something to do with The Gods returning. There’s a link between the Blackbloods, the Kinjes, the Lu Qiri and the whole relationship with the humans. I’m looking forward to seeing the first play The Gods make and who it will involve. There’s history there and I’m looking forward to some looks behind the Blackblood-Human-Gods curtain. I hope it’s juicy stuff. But can’t Garret find some happiness for a bit? I mean, come on!

The Outpost Review: Someone Has To Rule (Season 4 Episode 1)
Charles E Henning  July 16, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-review-someone-has-to-rule-season-4-episode-1/ 

As a season opener, this episode works great!

We have all of our favorite characters on-screen, giving us little tidbits of where they have been since we have last seen them. Each one of them sticks to their personas, including Janzo’s lovable awkwardness and Talon’s passion for the people of The Outpost.  

It is quite believable that the main cast has lost a great friend and leader, especially Garret who seems hellbent on honoring Gwynn’s sacrifice. 

Besides just catching up with a group of friends, we also get a slew of newly unraveling drama with The Three, Falista, and the newly awakened gods. 

The tension is already thicker than oil, and I have a feeling we are just getting warmed up. Deciphering which problem will boil over first is nearly impossible, but it doesn’t matter all that much since each predicament has a sense of urgency. 

The Outpost season 4, episode 1: Will Talon become the queen?
by Neda Mostafavi    July 17, 2021
https://hiddenremote.com/2021/07/16/the-outpost-season-4-episode-1-will-talon-become-the-queen/ 

Garret, and the people of The Outpost, want Talon to be their leader and queen (As do I. Team Talon). Unfortunately, after losing both her father and Gwynn Talon is having a rough go of it and refuses to take up the position. She pushes Garret away, gets drunk, and insists she isn’t queen material. Which is honestly ridiculous because Talon would make an amazing queen.

Talon isn’t in a good place at all, and while I do feel for her I hope she will come out the other side soon and stop being so cold to Garret and those around her. I wanted to shake her and knock some sense into her throughout half the episode.
Tobin crowns Falista as Queen of The Outpost and it is one of those moments where you want to scream and throw things at the television. You hate it but it’s such good drama. However I couldn’t help but admit that at least Falista looks amazing as queen! She definitely has style and gives Queen Elizabeth vibes. Kudos to the show’s costume department.
I am a little disappointed that they went this route as I think Falista had some great character development last season and I would have liked to see her become a supportive friend of Talon and the gang. But I also think she makes a great and intriguing antagonist so I can’t wait to see where this goes. Between Falista and the gods that are now awake the power struggles in The Outpost have only just begun.

And here are the ratings...

TV Ratings: Big Brother Tops Thursday, Walker Dips, Holey Moley Goes Low
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 16 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/16/ratings-big-brother-season-23-thursday/

THE CW | Walker (960K/0.1) dipped to its second smallest audience yet and matched its demo low. The Outpost (480K/0.0) was up in viewers but down in the demo from its Season 3A averages.

The Outpost | Season 4 Trailer | The CW
The CW Network   Jul 16, 2021

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Podcast discussion of Episode 3B01 (401) by John Baker at Three If By Space...

The Outpost Calling - 07/17/2021
July 17, 2021
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/07/18/the-outpost-calling--07172021

The first regular episode of The Outpost Calling for season 3B will take a look at the premiere episode and try to unpack some of what we saw -- and there was plenty. Falista has staked her claim to the throne of the realm, but that was only the tip of the iceberg. In an episode that saw Falista get multiple wins on several fronts, she also was able to get Tobin resurrected, as well as receive an invitation from Two and Three, as well as the "God" Vorta, to join them. We''ll talk about all of that and more as the fourth season of The Outpost gets rolling. There's Wren with a couple things giong on in her life, Talon mourning the loss of Gwen and her father, as well as Zed trying to manipulate a couple of situations. And then we have Two and Three roaming around free and, apparently, ready to take care of some unfinished business. Yes, there was a lot going on in the first episode of season 4 of The Outpost. We'll talk about it Saturday night. 

ETA: Like last season, John Baker will be doing these podcasts every Saturday night to discuss the latest episode.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Synopsis for 3B04 (404)...

The Outpost - Episode 4.04 - Going to Meet the Gods - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 19, 202
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-episode-404-going-to-meet.html 

Spoiler

TURN – Garret (Jake Stormoen) leads a rebellion. Talon (Jessica Green) and Zed (Reece Ritchie) track a Lu Qiri to find a new enemy. Falista (Georgia May Foote) recruits Wren (Izuka Hoyle) and Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) to serve a specific purpose. Luna (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) faces her greatest challenge yet. The episode was written by Justin Partridge and directed by Kurt Knight (#3B04). Original airdate 8/5/2021.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Some reviews of Episode 3B02 (402)...

The Outpost: Bad Decisions, Tobin’s Thrust Could Make Big Impact — Ep. 3B02 Review
By: John Baker July 23, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/?p=91966 

Yes, as I watched this episode I couldn’t help but be struck by the naive thinking that was going on all around and that while Talon used the phrase “What were you thinking?” a couple of times, she could have uttered it repeatedly throughout the episode. Clearly, clear and reasonable thought sort of went out the window in this episode, replaced by inaction or overreaction. Falista demonstrated clearly how over her head she is as the queen. That one scene were she said that Tobin didn’t really love her — I expected her to stomp her feet and get a pouty loop going. It was childish and demonstrated a lack of empathy and understanding on her part. I think those are things she lacks due to an immaturity.
The 2-1 majority now rests with Falista and Tobin as One and Three, respectively, while Two had more than a little panic in her eyes as she pleaded that she could serve them well after Tobin said they should kill her, too. My, how the tide appears to have turned. I can’t wait to see just how Two handles it and just how severely Falista holds it over her head. You know Falista, when she gets an advantage, she plays it – hard!

The proverbial shoe is on the other foot now, huh lady? Perhaps, just perhaps, the Tobin-Falista pairing is the little edge they will need when they match up with the “Gods” at some point? I thought it was a dramatic and exciting development and, to be honest, Three was irritating me with his orbing in and out and outright threats. You can dislike Falista all you want, but I disliked how truly overmatched she was emotionally against Two and Three. They were playing her like a violin and she just didn’t have the emotional tools to grasp it. Now, the power dynamic has shifted and that should be interesting. For me, it was Tobin for the win when he gutted Three.
It feels very much like The Gods are pulling a lot of strings and our heroes are kind of in a crisis of reacting to that. It feels like Talon is a bit lost, Garret is struggling mentally, Falista and Tobin are trying to find their footing as royals and part of The Three, and Zed is wonderfully Zed-like in his desire to see the Blackbloods back from the Plain of Ashes. And Wren and Janzo? Well, the cat is out of the bag and Janzo is over the moon about Wren’s pregnancy.

The Outpost Review: A Throne of Your Own (Season 4 Episode 2)
July 23, 2021 Charles E Henning
https://telltaletv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-review-a-throne-of-your-own-season-4-episode-2/ 

Garret lost the battle, but he refuses to give up the war.

When Tobin comes to the jail, he asks Garret to pledge allegiance to Falista and him to save his own life. Honestly, it seems like a fair trade.
But Garret won’t go down that easy now that he has taken the time to see things more clearly. Tobin and Falista are tangled up with Two and Three. If Garret honors the new king and queen, he is also honoring Two and Three — that is something he will never do.
Tobin argues that they are just playing along, essentially using them for the time being. There may be some truth in this, but it’s a dangerous game. The more you play with fire, the more likely you are to get burned.
This truly is strength — standing up for your convictions at the price of your freedom.

I don’t believe I could ever be this brave, watching salvation walk out the door and refusing to bow in obedience. The man deserves a standing ovation. 
Where Garret conveys strength in character, Tobin exhibits doubt.
These are all very important roles, and they are making his head spin. Everything he says and does is questioned by either his wife or the Three. While he tries to look out for the greater good, like Garret, he is often overruled by the others. 
He argues with her, knowing what is right but acts in fear overall. 

Acting in fear is never a good decision. Your emotions get the best of you, and your beliefs are weakened. 
Tobin sees this all playing out before him, and by the end of the episode he does something about it. 
Although Tobin appears victorious, we don’t necessarily feel a sense of triumph. The doubting of his actions hasn’t made him a champion because something else even darker is looming in the sky. 

Yes, he now truly has power, but how will this power affect Tobin? 

The Outpost season 4, episode 2: Tobin and Janzo face major changes
by Neda Mostafavi   July 24, 2021
https://hiddenremote.com/2021/07/23/the-outpost-season-4-episode-2-tobin-and-janzo-face-major-changes/ 

Falista is letting her need for power blind her to the fact that Two and Three are treating her like a puppet. She thinks she’s using them, but really they’re just stringing her along. Her hunger for power is the main reason Falista will never make a good queen, especially when you compare her to Gwynn.
Will the Kinj corrupt Tobin? That remains to be seen. There was a lot of emphasis in this episode on Tobin being a good person, so we’ll see if he can have the Kinj and still keep his good heart. After all, Talon is still a good person and sometimes Zed isn’t so bad either so maybe there’s hope for Tobin.
And something is causing the Lu-Qiri to act this way. To leave their Blackbloods, attack humans, and no longer obey the whistles. Whatever it is must be powerful and likely doesn’t mean well. My guess is that its the old gods that have awoken. Zed saw a vision of one of them when he was trying to call back his Lu-Qiri and Talon also had a vision of one as well. And the Lu-Qiri going rogue just after the gods have awoken can’t be a coincidence.

ETA:  Podcast discussion...

The Outpost Calling - 07/24/21
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/07/25/the-outpost-calling--072421

The second episode of The Outpost's fourth season packed a nice kick and delivered a fun little twist at the end. We'll take a look at what this episode brought and examine some of the decision-making that went on. There was more than a little naivete going on within the Outpost during the episode, with several characters aciing impulsively and without a thought to the bigger picture. We'll take a look at that and what it might mean, as well as the Tobin's swift retribution on Three and what it means for the power dynamics of The Three. In one decisive move, Tobin may have restructured the whole place The Three occupy, as well as their relationship with The Gods. And then, of course, there's Janzo and Wren and the truth that finally came out. We'll talk about it all and take calls to see what viewers thought about the episode.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

TV Ratings: Walker Hits 10-Episode Audience High, Good Girls Ends Low
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 23 2021
https://tvline.com/2021/07/23/ratings-good-girls-series-finale-cancelled-no-season-5/ 

In the latest TV show ratings, The CW’s Walker this week drew 1.2 million total viewers — its largest audience in 10 episodes (dating back to March 18) — while also ticking up to a 0.2 demo rating.

Leading out of that, The Outpost (460K/0.1) improved on last week’s goose egg.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Synopsis and promo pics for 3B05 (405) (They Bleed Black Blood)...

The Outpost - Episode 4.05 - They Bleed Black Blood - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 24,
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-episode-405-they-bleed.html 

Spoiler

RESIST - Talon (Jessica Green) and Luna (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) fight to save Zed (Reece Ritchie) from unearthly powers. Garret (Jake Stormoen) pressures Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) to betray Falista (Georgia May Foote). Wren (Izuka Hoyle) and Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) explore mysteries beneath the Outpost. Meanwhile, the kinjes are summoned to the Capital. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Kurt Knight (#3B05). Original airdate 8/12/2021.

Promo Pics:
https://the-outpost.fandom.com/wiki/They_Bleed_Black_Blood 

Spoiler

OUT3B05_0024.jpg

OUT3B05_0010.jpg

OUT3B05_0015.jpg

OUT3B05_0016.jpg 

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Some media reviews of episode 3B03 (403)...

The Outpost: Falista Takes A Turn & The Blackblood Wars – Review Ep. 3B03
John Baker    July 30, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2021/07/the-outpost-falista-takes-a-turn-the-blackblood-wars-review-ep-3b03/ 

As we see, Two is savvy campaigner and in the course of one episode turned her unfortunate, yet premature, demise into power and control. And it looks like Falista is feeling that her rule is being validated by the Gods. Oh, that’s a tangled and twisted path to walk down — the whole “the gods have chosen and accepted me” path. Georgia May Foote is an absolute delight as Falista, delivering a maddening array of contradictory behaviors that is both frustrating and fun to view. And Jelena Stupljanin as Two is wonderfully calculating, controlled and coolly malevolent. She’s good fun, too.
My feeling is the Tobin is going to get caught up in some unpleasantness. His wife is slowly being pulled into the web of Two and The Gods, something I don’t see Tobin, no matter his love for Falista, being okay with. And with Garret now planning a coup of some kind, it just strikes me that Tobin is going to be in the middle of whatever erupts – and have to make some decisions that will be painful. I’m really afraid he and Garret are going to have to square off again, something that doesn’t fill me with joy. So we’ll have to see how it all plays out, won’t we. One thing is nice, Tobin has chosen Munt as his personal valet, which should be a hoot.
But this all leads up to a devastating moment. Corven had saved the sacred texts from the Blackfist and was set to leave with the others when – a dying Blackfist looses an arrow and Corven steps in to take it to save his brother. So, in essence, the writers of The Outpost brought Corven back for an extended cameo that ends in him dying. I must protest. It’s really too darn much. Come on, man! I’ve been waiting for this character’s return and you do this? I was looking forward to his interaction with Janzo, the crazy vs. the brilliant and all the one-liners that would fly. But no, he’s dead. I’m appalled. Writers and their incredibly nimble knack for storytelling. Sheeesh!

Related podcast discussion:
The Outpost Calling - 07/31/2021
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/08/01/the-outpost-calling--07312021 

The Outpost Review: The Gods Thank You (Season 4 Episode 3)
Charles E Henning    July 30, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-review-the-gods-thank-you-season-4-episode-3/ 

Many of the characters on The Outpost can be seen as heroes — this goes for humans and Blackbloods alike. Talon is a fierce warrior, Garret is the ever-ready captain, and even Janzo might be called a masterful scientist. Their call for action at a moment’s notice certainly makes them great, but their willingness to sacrifice themselves and their happiness supersedes their wonderous reflexes.
Tobin is also on a mission of his own. He has a great desire to learn how to control the kinj he received by killing Three. He may be one of the most flawed heroes on the show, but his willingness to grow keeps him in our good graces.
Along with his newly gained freedom, Garret also takes on the role of gate marshal. Once again, he has no desire to assist the queen in any way, but he knows taking this position is for the greater good. 
Stranded and nearly alone, Corven could easily look out for himself alone. Who could blame him?  He is stuck in a version of hell, clinging onto tiny threads of sanity and feeling abandoned and hopeless. 

Still, he takes it upon himself to keep the sacred text safe and out of harm’s way. While his fantastic feats to protect them aren’t shown in great length, one can only imagine the difficulties that befell him throughout his quest. 

These actions alone make him one of the greatest heroes of the group, but the poor guy doesn’t stop there. His heartbreaking sacrifice makes him legendary. 

Edited by tv echo

Synopsis for 3B06 (406) (All We Do is Say Goodbye) - please note that this episode was directed by Imogen Waterhouse...

The Outpost - Episode 4.06 - All We Do is Say Goodby[e] - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at July 31, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/07/the-outpost-episode-406-all-we-do-is.html

Spoiler

WHAT LIES BENEATH - Garret (Jake Stormoen) and Luna (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) set out on a rescue mission. Meanwhile, Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) proves his loyalty and Wren (Izuka Hoyle) and Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) discover what lies beneath the Outpost. A quest begins to uncover Luna's past. The episode was written by Rebecca Rosenberg and directed by Imogen Waterhouse (#3B06). Original airdate 8/19/2021.

ETA: According to The Outpost Wiki and Wikipedia, Imogen Waterhouse also directed episode 3B07 (407), which is titled "The Power of the Masters."

Edited by tv echo

Reviews of 3B04 (404)...

The Outpost: A Glimpse Into ‘Skevikor’ & A Growing Darkness — Review, Ep. 3B04
By: John Baker    August 6, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2021/08/the-outpost-a-glimpse-into-skevikor-a-growing-darkness-review-ep-3b04/ 

I don’t think I’m alone in feeling that this season of The Outpost has dialed up the intensity and darkness a bit from previous seasons. There’s a vibe to this season that feels more serious, more threatening, more malicious than in other seasons. There’s also been a healthy amount of guilt added to the pie. There’s little doubt that emotional pain has been a healthy (or unhealthy) part of this season thus far, and it was on display once again in Episode 3B04, “Going To Meet The Gods.”

This week’s episode was a continuation of the three previous in terms of quality and interesting developments. So, in my book The Outpost is now batting 4-for-4 in terms of quality episodes early this season, though this one struck me as different on some levels. More matter-of-fact revelatory than “gotcha” revelations. Still, interesting items popped up and I enjoyed that.
It would seem the Falista’s journey into fully dysfunctional faith fanaticism is proceeding at a nice clip. Thanks to Two’s tutelage, and Falista’s own insecurities and youthful naivete, our young queen now believes she’s fully functioning as a vessel of The Gods. How often in history has cruelty and oppression been hidden behind the curtain of religious fanaticism? In this week’s episode, Falista demonstrates she’s willing to Kinje people, hurt people, even kill people to get her way — all in the name of the Gods.

It’s a path we’ve seen trod before by despotic rulers and I worry that Falista may be walking a path she won’t come back from, or even live through. But there’s a newfound meanness to Falista. She needed something to cling onto as her rule felt unsteady and unsupported from the outset. And she found that crutch in a faulty and false religion via Two and the Gods. Yes, I don’t see much good coming from Falista’s dance with The Gods. It will end poorly, you say? Yes, yes I think it will.
It’s like she was begging to be caught — which Tobin did. Luna is starting to fascinate me more and more. She seems to value her life very little and seems willing to go out of her way to antagonize the people around her. She even gave Talon a little shot when, after escaping and joining Zed and Talon as they tracked Two, said something about Garret “fancying” her. She knows Talon and Garret are an item, yet felt compelled to offer a little shade toward Talon.
So, now we know what Two was getting all that life force from the prisoners for – to free Vorta from her crypt/chamber/casket. But that leads us to the question of why? I suppose it has something to do with the word Falista wants to know the meaning of, and Wren understands but won’t reveal it — Skevikor! Ahhh, doomsday, Armageddon, Ragnarock, or pick your favorite apocalyptic descriptor, it would seem that The Gods have an interest in total destruction. It would seem, though it’s early, that the stakes of the Outpost and the Realm have just been raised.
Additionally, it was interesting to see that there is likely a relationship between The Three and The Seven of Blackblood lore. There has been much speculation about that on social media and it would seem that a relationship has been confirmed, along with the knowledge that it somehow ties into The Gods. I’m looking forward to an explanation of how that all ties in. My guess is that the search for the other “Gods” will commence. My question is, how did they lose the Kinjes in the first place and who entombed them for all these years?

The Outpost Review: Going to Meet The Gods (Season 4 Episode 4)
Charles E Henning    August 6, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/08/the-outpost-review-going-to-meet-the-gods-season-4-episode-4/ 

The Outpost Season 4 Episode 4, “Going to Meet The Gods,” puts our favorite characters in situations where they can take matters into their own hands, or coast under the guidance of others. Some prosper, while others falter, but all consciously make a decision that alters their path. 
From the looks of it, Falista will never be a great queen. She cares more about respect and power than she does about the people she reigns over. 

Feeling powerful with her kinj, she has no qualms about using fear as an ally to force everyone into submission. Unfortunately for her, the threat of pain and possible death isn’t enough to make everyone fall in line. This makes Falista feel weak and out of control.
Tobin is an even better example of how badly this can take shape. He sees all that Two is doing to his wife, but refuses to step completely out of bounds. He repeatedly tells Falista that they shouldn’t trust Two, but stupidly he continues to obey Falista’s every decision. 
If he knows Two is evil and realizes that everything Falista does is under her guidance, then why would he only dish out the most limited of arguments? Tobin has shown great integrity at times, but it is clear something is holding him back.
This just very well might be the road that Tobin and Falista are traveling together. A road that leads to deception, denial, and death. 

Edited by tv echo

Jake Stormoen – The Outpost
By: Jamie Steinberg    August 5, 2021
http://starrymag.com/jake-stormoen-the-outpost-2/ 

Q) Where do we pick up in the new season of “The Outpost,” especially with Garret?
A) As we’ve seen from even the first few episodes this season, we pick up almost right where the previous season left off: Gwynn’s sacrifice to bring peace to the Realm took its toll on everyone—especially Garret. That peace is short-lived; however, and people are scrambling to find the best way to regain a little purchase and keep things together. That said, I think Garret is the least inclined to do this. He’s really reached the end of his rope, in my opinion…Time and again he has had tragedy strike, and just when he begins to find a purpose once more, the floor falls out beneath him. We’ll have to wait and see if his current desire to go straight for the throat of The Three will benefit The Outpost or not.

Q) Given some of the pictures that have been released, what is it going to be like for Garret adapting to a new role within the outpost?
A) That’s a good question. I think the role of Gate Marshal gives Garret a sense of direction again. I think he knows the title is superfluous and purely in Falista’s (Georgia May Foote) interest, but I think he welcomes the opportunity to take it and use it to his agenda. Personally, I just loved wearing that jacket—all 98230472 pounds of it!

Q) Going into this new season, was there someone(s) you were hoping to share more scenes with?
A) Honestly, that’s a tough one. Since Season 2, Garret seems to have moved on the chess board to stir the pot and control the rudder rather than helm the ship, so the result is that he’s sort of present in many scenes but hasn’t had as many one-on-one scenes with the various characters. I don’t think it’s a secret that our cast gets along remarkably well; we’re truly one big family. So, any time I do get to really focus on one of the other actors in a scene, it’s a gift. I love them all so much, and we all have so much fun. We’re very lucky. That said…I will always miss having Andrew Howard around as Wythers (which is also not a secret)!

Q) This season is bound to be as intense as ever! What were some of your favorite episodes that stand out to you?
A) [laughs] For the first time, it’s honestly all a bit of a blur. We went straight from one group of thirteen episodes into the next, during COVID and on the other side of the world…So, admittedly I forget where one episode ends and the next begins. The story itself is clear in my head, but it feels like one big episode to me! There are of course story beats that I can’t wait for people to see and react to…but if I had to choose, I’d say some of the mid-season episodes are really fun, and I’m excited about the episode leading to the finale ones (so I guess episode 11?).

Q) The stunt work is amazing on this series. How much of your own stunts do you take part in?
A) I do all my own stunts. The climbing, riding, sword fighting, jumping, etc. is all me. The only time they have a double do my stunts is if there’s a big fall, or some sort of breakaway…anything (wall, furniture, etc.). But 99% of the time it’s me…and I love it.
Q) What have you personally taken away from your time working on “The Outpost?”
A) “The Outpost” has been a literal dream. I’ve wanted nothing more (and still want nothing more) than to live in a medieval fantasy world since I was a child. To have done that—in large part in Europe, no less—and to have made the incredible friends I have along the way is something that will define a hallmark chapter of my life forever. It certainly hasn’t all been a walk in the park…but at the end of the day I could not be more grateful, and I hope we come back for another season of adventure.

Edited by tv echo

John Baker's podcast discussion of the fourth episode (3B04/404) - with podcast guests, Reece Ritchie (Zed), who teased "twists and turns" for the rest of the season, and The Outpost music composer James Schafer, who said that the soundtrack albums for the first three seasons have been released...

The Outpost Calling - 08/07/2021
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/08/08/the-outpost-calling--08072021

Edited by tv echo

Synopsis for 3B07 (407) (The Power of the Masters) - this episode was directed by Imogen Waterhouse...

The Outpost - Episode 4.07 - The Power of the Masters - Press Release
Posted by SpoilerTV at August 07, 2021
https://www.spoilertv.com/2021/08/the-outpost-episode-407-power-of.html 

Spoiler

MEETING OF THE GODS - Talon (Jessica Green) and Luna (Maeve Courtier-Lilly) recruit an old friend to help them find an ancient key. Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) and Falista (Georgia May-Foote) have an extraordinary meeting. Wren (Izuka Foyle) and Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) unleash a menace causing Garret (Jake Stormoen) and Zed to go on a hunt. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Imogen Waterhouse (#3B07). Original airdate 8/26/2021.

ETA: Imogen Waterhouse had also directed 3B06 (406.)

Edited by tv echo

Reviews for the fifth episode...

The Outpost: The Black Blood & A Call To The Capital – Review, Ep. 3B05
By: John Baker    August 13, 2021
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2021/08/the-outpost-the-black-blood-a-call-to-the-capital-review-ep-3b05/ 

As the title to Episosde[sic] 3B05 of The Outpost so succinctly states, “They Bleed Black Blood.” An interesting turn of events in this week’s episode. The curious case of the Skevikor seems to be coming a little more into the light even as Falista continues down a path that seems clearly destructive. My annoyance with her early in the season is giving way to a kind of mild sadness as I see that there may be only one way it all ends for her.
I’m coming more and more to the conclusion that Tobin is going to have to make a decision — and soon. I’d already speculated about he and Garret possibly having to square off and in this episode we saw the first inklings of that possibly happening. Tobin told Garret not to make an enemy of him. For Garret’s part, he knows that things are coming to a head and that Tobin may be the only one capable of stopping it. And if he can’t, Garrett will certainly try. This episode nudged the door open that these two may have to square off at some point. I hope not as I think they respect each other in that way that brother warriors do. But Falista has become a full-on delusional menace to everyone’s safety and someone – or some thing – will need to stop her. We shall see.
The relationship between the “Gods” and the Blackbloods took on a little more of an interesting twist as Zed and Talon try to escape the clutches of Vorta and the newly-freed Tera. What we clearly learn is that the Kinj is who the “gods” are talking to, not the human or Blackblood host. Two found that out in an unpleasant way, didn’t she? She was disintegrated and the Kinj freed to find its original master, Janya. But while that was interesting, I found the whole “gods” need life force to revive, they bleed black and they need a healer, to be very revealing. I don’t know about you, but I don’t find that whole scenario very “god-like.” Do you? Neither did Talon. Mmmm, interesting.
A quick RIP to Vika and Two, who were both sacrificed to resurrect Tera and Janya, respectively. Again, the life force thing is kind of interesting and it’s clear that the “Gods” will sacrifice anyone to get the Kinj back to their original owners. Two really did “serve” the needs of the “gods” didn’t she? I’d like to think Falista would have learned from that, but Talon’s news didn’t really impact her, so deep is she down the rabbit hole. Things are about to get really interesting, particularly on the road to the capital. Oh, by the way, did you spend a little time listening for the music from composer James Schafer. It permeates the show in an interesting way.

Related podcast discussion (includes interview with The Outpost composer, James Schafer):
The Outpost Calling - 08/14/2021
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2021/08/15/the-outpost-calling--08142021 

The Outpost Review: They Bleed Black Blood (Season 4 Episode 5)
Charles E Henning     August 13, 2021
https://telltaletv.com/2021/08/the-outpost-review-they-bleed-black-blood-season-4-episode-5/ 

The Outpost, Season 4 Episode 5, “They Bleed Black Blood,” puts several characters in situations where they get to choose to listen to those around them or lean on their own understandings. With pitfalls rising at an alarming rate, Tobin, Talon, Garret, and even Munt get nearly unlimited chances to make educated guesses or heed the advice of fools.
In most scenarios, Garret, Munt, Falista, and Tobin, handle things with a singular mentality. But Janzo, Wren, Talon, and Zed, come to conclusions with a hive mind, looking out for the best in the entire party. 

This rather fun episode keeps us on our toes while highlighting the importance of the decisions we make. We can look out for ourselves, we can look out for others, or we can simply look out for everyone involved. 

Edited by tv echo