Type keyword(s) to search

The Outpost in the Media

paulvdb
  • Start Topic

Some reviews of last night's episode...

The Outpost season 3, episode 1 recap – “For the Sins of Your Ancestors”
 October 9, 2020  Jonathon Wilson 
https://readysteadycut.com/2020/10/09/the-outpost-season-3-episode-1-for-the-sins-of-your-ancestors-recap/ 

Anyone who has been here a while knows I have a rather complicated relationship with The Outpost. Like most people, I thought the first season was laughable claptrap, but, being on the CW, it nonetheless amassed a coterie or slightly deranged but nonetheless ardent fans, thus ensuring its renewal. That second season surprised everyone — but nobody more than me — by being a genuine improvement in literally every aspect, and now the third season has arrived with the fourth already confirmed. Since it looks like I’m going to be covering this show for at least the next couple of years, let’s hope that this latest outing, beginning here with “For the Sins of Your Ancestors”, continues that upward trajectory in quality.
Back at the brewery, Wren asks Janzo the question I’ve been pondering since this show began: “Do you ever shut up?”. But already, I much prefer this dynamic to all of Janzo’s previous dalliances throughout the first two seasons. There’s some genuine chemistry here, and I don’t just mean the experiments. It probably helps that both have the same interests and the same function, more or less, in the narrative. The Outpost has repeatedly tried to pair Janzo up with very different characters and it has never worked. This is a nice change.
Speaking of romance, Talon cleans Garrett up after his encounter with the Lu’quiri, and she once again has to go over her whole double-agent thing, but she explains it really well this time so afterward they kiss. Garrett simply cannot be without a love interest, it seems. But to what extent his affections for Gwynn have lessened remains to be seen. This actually works as kind of a cliffhanger for The Outpost Season 3 premiere. See, Yavalla wants to be all pally with Gwynn, claiming that she’s simply searching the Outpost for a way to open a portal to a paradise beyond the Plane of Ashes, which is fair enough, but Garrett can’t get past the idea that the Blackfist might try and off Gwynn in the meantime. When Gwynn’s handmaiden informs him that her previous would-be assassin has been forbidden from going near her, Garrett finds him in the night and murders him: “For the queen,” he snarls, which suggests to me that maybe he isn’t as over his former lover as he likes to pretend. Oh, and it’s obviously a colossally stupid move for human/Blackblood relations, but we’ll go over that next week.

The Outpost Season 3 finally gives us the romance we want and more
by Neda Mostafavi  October 9, 2020
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/10/09/the-outpost-season-3-premiere-romance/ 

The Season 3 premiere of The Outpost kicked off with a bang and the entire episode seemed elevated from what we’d seen of this show previously. Perhaps because we’ve grown to know the characters and the world now, perhaps there was an increase in budget, but whatever the reason the show is better than ever.
One of the most intriguing elements of the premiere was an underlying sense of politics and alliances that was woven through. Talon had allied herself with the Blackbloods, appearing to be a traitor to her friends. However, as the episode goes on it’s revealed that she’s only with the Blackbloods to give her friends their best chance of survival.
Either way, Talon is one tough warrior and I hope we get to see more action sequences from her this season. And bonus points if she gets to fight with different weapons, and perhaps one day she can even have a Lu-Qiri demon of her own.
As great as the action is, another element we love in fantasy is the romance. Yes, I admit it, I’m a romantic. And this episode served quite a bit of romance.

There was a cute reunion of the Gwynn and Tobin relationship that had been set up last season. Gwynn is thrilled when he comes to rescue her and they have a sweet kiss in front of an uncomfortable Garret. During their escape, Gwynn and Tobin share another kiss, once again in front of an uncomfortable Garret. Poor guy. But I have to admit, I’m a huge fan of the Gwynn and Tobin romance. I think he fits with her better than Garret did and I hope they last.

Then there’s the sweet and hilarious Janzo. He doesn’t get romance in this episode but he does encounter a character that fans are already speculating may be his new love interest. A new character, Wren, comes to take over his lab and fans saw some sparks fly between the two. Only time will tell if it might turn into romance but Janzo definitely deserves some luck in the romance department since his last partner ended up being related to him. Yikes.

Now for the big one. There was major progress in the Garret and Talon relationship. Fans have been rooting for them since Season 1, and they finally shared their first kiss. After Talon saves his life Garret and Talon have a much-needed conversation where she reveals that she’s not a traitor, she’s actually trying to protect him, and she admits that she can’t hate him for what he did last season. He was brainwashed, after all, so I think we can all forgive him.

They then share a kiss and I can’t wait to see where this relationship goes. What I love about them is that even though Garret is a knight he fully accepts that Talon is more powerful and a stronger fighter than he is. It’s refreshing to see and I’m definitely on team #Garron.

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 1 Review: Humans plan a long battle with Blckbloods as Talon finds a way out
By Pooja Salvi   Oct 8, 2020
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-1-review-talon-blackblood-queen-gwyn-garret-garron 

The premiere episode of 'The Outpost' titled 'For the Sins of Your Ancestors' picks up pretty much where it left off last season. The episode also remains consistent with its previous seasons in terms of its direction and cinematography. Although it begins strong, it's easy to lose attention through the run of the episode (plus it doesn't help that ads pop up every few minutes). 

At the same time, it sets the stage for a long Season 3. Shortly ahead of the Season 3 premiere, it was announced the 'The Outpost' had been picked up for an additional 13 episodes, not a Season 4 but 13 additional episodes for this season alone. As the premiere episode sets the stage for a treacherous season, the battle will take time. 

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 1: Garret and Talon get their moment, fans say 'It is all I’ve ever wanted'
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-1-garret-talon-garron-love-jessica-green-jake-stormoen-the-cw-show-tv    

In the premiere episode of Season 3 of 'The Outpost', fans catch a glimpse of a glimmer of hope for Talon (Jessica Green) and her beloved Garret (Jake Stormoen). The two finally kiss! And fans feel like they have been rewarded for their time. "I can’t believe that I finally get a chance for Garret and Talon. It is all I’ve ever wanted on #TheOutpost #Garron," tweeted an excited fan.
After all those episodes that showed the two coming together and the makers teasing their union, fans are finally rewarded with it. "The chemistry between Talon & Garret #TheOutpost@JessGreen2 @JakeStormoen #Garron," a fan said. This could be credited to the talented actors Green and Stormoen. And so many fans are glad that the relationship they shipped all this time holds water. "1st episode of S3 of #TheOutpost and the #Garron ship is full on sailing!!" a fan tweeted.

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 1: Does Janzo have a new love interest? Fans say Wren will be 'perfect for him'
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-1-janzo-anand-desai-barochia-wren-love-interest-fan-reactions 

But most of all, there is a new development possibly in the works for him. Wren (Izuka Hoyle) dashes into his lab and takes it over for research for the Blackbloods. She even throws him out of there for her own work. It is later revealed that she is the daughter of the Blackblood Priestess named Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths), explaining the takeover. But throughout the episode, Janzo and Wren indulged in cheeky banter that has given many fans ideas. "Can we just ship Janzo and Wren already?!?! @ANANDDB #izukahoyle #TheOutpost" tweeted a fan.
The Blackbloods are not going anywhere so it looks like Wren and Janzo are stuck together in the lab for a while. And fans are eager to see what that will lead to. "Well now... Janzo and Wren... This could definitely be fun! #TheOutpost #TheOutpostSeries."

Edited by tv echo

Updated...

3A02 episode title & synopsis:
https://cartermatt.com/418123/the-outpost-season-3-episode-2-spoilers-the-peace-you-promised/
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/09/the-outpost-episode-302-peace-you.html

Spoiler

"The Peace You Promised" - October 15 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

WHAT’S IN THE BOX? – Wren (Izuka Hoyle) and Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) solve a mysterious puzzle box. Meanwhile, Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) and Munt (Adam Johnson) escape to recruit help. Lastly, Talon (Jessica Green) learns a secret about who abandoned her. Jake Stormoen, Reece Ritchie, Imogen Waterhouse, and Jaye Griffiths also star. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Milan Todorovic (#3A02). Original airdate 10/15/2020.

3A03 episode title & synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-episode-303-life-for-life.html

Spoiler

"A Life for a Life" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

LIFE OR DEATH - Talon (Jessica Green), Wren (Izuka Hoyle), Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) and Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths) fight to survive as they search a labyrinth for an ancient relic. Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) and Zed (Reece Ritchie) fight for control of the Outpost. Adam Johnson and Aaron Fontaine also star. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Milan Todorovic (#3A03). Original airdate 10/22/2020.

3A04 episode title & synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-episode-304-key-to-paradise.html

Spoiler

"The Key to Paradise" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, SV) (HDTV)

CHOICES - As Talon (Jessica Green) presses for answers, Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths) recruits Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) for her cause. Reunited with a past love, Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) faces a difficult choice. Lastly, Zed's (Reece Ritchie) loyalty is tested. Izuka Hoyle, Jake Stormoen, Adam Johnson, Anand Desai-Barochia and Georgia May Foote also star. The episode was written by Jonathan Glassner and directed by Orsi Nagypal (#3A04). Original airdate 10/29/2020.

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost: New Faces, New Places & A Hidden Kinge – Review, Ep. 301
By: John Baker October 9, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/10/the-outpost-new-faces-new-places-a-hidden-kinge-review-ep-301/ 

At long last – at long, long last, the season 3 premiere has arrived and let me just say that I thought it was a seamless transition from the end of season 2 into the newest episode of The Outpost. I have to hand it to The CW, you are allowing something special to be created in the fantasy-adventure realm with The Outpost and it is much appreciated. Shout out to Dean Devlin and his team for a good start to season 3.
We’ve also got a trio of new characters that promise to make things very interesting in the early going of the season, and perhaps longer. But let’s focus on the short-term first. Yobahn is obviously a grizzled veteran of many a tussle on the Plain of Ashes, and he’s not entirely delighted that Zed has been given overall lordship at the Outpost by Yavalla, the last Blackblood priestess/prophetess who offers a very interesting dynamic when she arrives. She’s one to keep an eye on as she immediately seems to be a big picture type of priestess. We’ll get to her more in a bit. But first, the power struggle between Zed, Yobahn and Talon, who as we could have guessed, is playing the willing accomplice to find a way to help her friends.
Yes, yes, yes, the “Garron” moment has finally arrived and thanks to the teaser trailer, the social media ranks were tingling with excitement. Honestly, I’m not that thrilled about it. As I said on my radio show, The Outpost Calling, I’ve always kind of thought it would be fun to have Garret and Talon’s obvious attraction and chemistry stand unrequited. And in the end, much like Jack Burton in “Big Trouble in Little China,” Garret leaves Talon with one last kiss and saunters out the door, intent on the walk-about he’d talked of, content to know that they will one day find each other again.

But that’s the romantic in me. These two have been on a collision course with their lips for two seasons, so it was inevitable that the snogging was due anytime. It will be interesting to see how this relationship progresses now that they’ve made an unspoken, yet passionate, statement about how they feel for each other. Both are strong personalities, particularly Talon. But first, they need to get out of their current situation, so we’ll see how that progresses as Talon continues to play along with Zed and keep Yobahn in his place. As for Garret? He’s a handsome rogue, isn’t he?
Oh, hell yes. It looks as though Janzo, in the post “Naya is my sister” days, may have someone to whom he can cast his affections on amongst the Blackfist. Wren (played with delightful energy by Izuka Hoyle), is the daughter of the Priestess/Prophetess Yavalla and happens to have a passion for the scientific arts. She initially kicks Janzo out of his lab as she works to find the secrets to opening a mysterious box she brought with her. The interplay between Janzo and Wren is delightfully pointed, yet fun, and you can tell already that despite their initial disdain for each other, there’s a little bit of hyper magic there. Anand Desai-Barochia continues to be a cornucopia of delight at Janzo. That’s right, I said cornucopia.
Also, on the energy front, did you notice the two moments where Wren changed position around a table and instead of simply scooting around the corner, she did a 360-degree twirl to get to the other side. She did this twice and I thought it wonderfully playful and kind of a bit of physical insight into her spirit. Again, Janzo has found his soulmate – I hope. Looking forward to what Hoyle brings to The Outpost in the form of this new character Wren, who appears to be Yavalla’s daughter. Another little wrinkle in the fabric of The Outpost.
And so, it would appear that somewhere in The Outpost, a Kinge is hiding, just waiting for the right mix of guile, stealth, creativity and all-around mystery solving to help it reveal itself and usher the Blackbloods to a paradise where they can rebuild and renew themselves – I picture a kind of Valhalla//Stovokor kind of place. It all seems like something everyone can work toward – and then Garret gets the revenge bug. You see, he’s still seething over the attempt on Gwynn’s life and seeks out the Blackfist responsible for the attempt – at the same time that Gwynn is promising Yavella that she’ll get no trouble from the humans within the walls. Oh, that timing thing again, right. I mean, Garret, Garret, Garret, what are you doing?
Again, an episode that I thought was a very nice continuation of the season 2 finale. It provided some answers, offered up new questions and quite nimbly put our fandom feet onto some new paths that will be interesting to walk with our Outpost characters. I was delighted with this episode, seeing those awesome familiar faces and getting a glimpse of some new characters. And with that, we are rolling. Also, don’t forget my live radio show, The Outpost Calling” every Friday night at 7 p.m. (PT). We’ll talk the previous night’s episode, take phone calls and generally engage in our love of The Outpost.

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost Review: For the Sins of Your Ancestors (Season 3 Episode 1)
Charles E. Henning   October 12, 2020
https://telltaletv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-review-for-the-sins-of-your-ancestors-season-3-episode-1/ 

It isn’t until Zed leaves the scene that we see Talon watching things unfold from the back of a horse. She seems a bit concerned but refuses to budge or even speak in protest. We get the obvious feeling that she is acting in her friends’ best interest, even though you want to yell at the screen, “WTF Talon?”

Both of these situations show a breaking down of loyalties. The Blackbloods and Blackfists have a common goal but have different methods of achieving it. Talon appearing to take the oppressors’ side gives an air of blatant disrespect to the people she most recently called friends.
This turn of events makes Talon set aside her allusions of being a traitor and confront Gwynn about what is really going on behind the scenes. As for myself, I take a deep breath knowing that Talon isn’t debating on selling out her friends and that she isn’t taking this all in stride.

Her speech shows a heartfelt hurt, allowing us to sympathize with her situation. Although she isn’t being tortured physically, her emotions are being toyed with alongside every misdeed delivered to her friends. 
I love that Talon sticks to her guns right until she is backed into a corner.
With the arrival of the Priestess, we finally get a moment that isn’t entirely predictable. 

Don’t get me wrong, the episode isn’t bad in any way, but a majority of what unfolds isn’t really all that shocking. You figure Gwynn isn’t dead, or that Talon isn’t really a traitor. It even seems likely that Garret and Tobin will get recaptured.

Yet, it is still exciting and entertaining in the best way.
While I’m not positive the plot is substantial enough to bring in hundreds of new viewers, the fans aren’t let down by the unfolding drama in this fabulous world. With a couple of additional action scenes thrown in, I think the episode could have captured a little more excitement — drawing us closer to the edge of our seats.

Edited by tv echo

3A05 episode title & synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-episode-305-under-yavallas.html

Spoiler

"Under Yavalla's Control" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

A THREAT TO THE MISSION - Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) returns to the Outpost with an army - and a secret. Talon (Jessica Green) presses for answers and a fight in the Throne Room ends in death, imprisonment and a new commander of the Outpost. Izuka Hoyle, Jake Stormoen, Adam Johnson, Anand Desai-Barochia, Jaye Griffiths, and Imogen Waterhouse also star. The episode was written by Laura Whang and directed by Orsi Nagypal (#3A05). Original airdate 11/5/2020.

Edited by tv echo

I don't even remember his character from S1, but it's a nice little interview...

Quick Q&A about CW's "The Outpost"!
Thor Knai Oct 15, 2020

I play "Kell" in the first season of The Outpost and in this video I'm answering a few questions about it that were given to me by a fan group on FB! :)

Edited by tv echo

The CW Press Photos page is now showing spoilery promo pics for the next two episodes, 3A03 (A Life for a Life) and 3A04 (The Key to Paradise) - these pics are thumbnail-size, but I expect that larger-size promo pics will be posted at some point on another site....
https://www.cwtvpr.com/the-cw/photos?page=1&show=the-outpost&season=3&episode=

The pics for 3A04 reveal the debut of a previously announced new character and the return of an old character:

Spoiler

OUT304_2884.jpg

The Outpost -- "The Key to Paradise" -- Image Number: OUT304_2884.jpg -- Pictured: Georgia May Foote as Falista -- Photo: Aleksander Letic/NBCU International -- © 2020 Outpost TV LLC. Courtesy of Electric Entertainment.

OUT304_3088.jpg

The Outpost -- "The Key to Paradise" -- Image Number: OUT304_3088.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Georgia May Foote as Falista, Glynis Barber as Gertrusha and Aaron Fontaine as Tobin -- Photo: Aleksander Letic/NBCU International -- © 2020 Outpost TV LLC. Courtesy of Electric Entertainment.

OUT304_3229.jpg

The Outpost -- "The Key to Paradise" -- Image Number: OUT304_3229.jpg -- Pictured (L-R): Glynis Barber as Gertrusha, Aaron Fontaine as Tobin and Adam Johnson as Munt -- Photo: Aleksander Letic/NBCU International -- © 2020 Outpost TV LLC. Courtesy of Electric Entertainment.

Edited by tv echo

Final, adjusted ratings for the second episode (3A02) were 0.1 demo and 0.588 M viewers (same demo but 27.55% increase in viewers from first episode)...
https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/the-outpost-season-three-ratings/ 

The following article had been based on the preliminary overnight ratings:
TV ratings: The Outpost ticks up, Biden wins the night [Oct. 15]
by Alexandria Ingham   October 16, 2020
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/10/16/tv-ratings-thursday-october-15/

The Outpost performed well. Remaining steady in the demo, it pulled in a 37% increase in the total audience. This is still low at 0.63 million, but this isn’t anything to worry about for The CW. The ratings tend to be on the lower side, and we already know there are 13 more episodes coming.

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost: Tough Times For Garret, ‘Wrenzo’ Makes Some Magic – Review, Ep. 302
By: John Baker October 16, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/10/the-outpost-tough-times-for-garret-wrenzo-makes-some-magic-review-ep-302/ 

Needless to say, the last 14 episodes of The Outpost have been quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster ride for one Garret Spears. He’s been seduced and manipulated via drugs by Sana and The Three, which sent him on a semi-murderous rampage wherein he killed his own father, stabbed Talon, and eventually stood over Queen Gwynn with deadly intentions before catching himself and starting the detoxification process. But that wasn’t the end of it, was it?

No, there was the self-loathing that followed as the fog lifted and he saw what he had become. And while he admitted he wasn’t quite right at the end of Season 2, we see that very clearly in his poor decision-making at the start of season 3. He guts Kezzem for his attempt on the queen’s life at the very moment that Yavalla and Gwynn are negotiating their peace pact. And then the hits just keep coming as he’s beaten up by the Blackfist, condemned to death by Yavalla herself (Hey, you’ve got to set an example, right), and finally getting the ultimate waterboarding experience that drowns him.
But first, my favorite part of this whole arc – Talon and Janzo laying into Garret about this newfound edginess and foolish bravado. The PTSD from Sana is still at play here as Talon and Janzo wonder aloud if Garret is trying to kill himself with this recklessness and thoughtless actions. I thought this was a wonderful little run as it’s something the fandom has been discussing since last season. Talon and Janzo verbalized what many of us have been talking about and speculating on and it was fun to see it portrayed honestly within the show.

And when Garret admits that Talon shouldn’t miss the “old Garret” because he’s gone, we all gave a knowing nod of the head and a “That’s what we’ve been saying” in our minds. I’m glad they called him out, glad they put his behavior in sharp relief, but also appreciated his honesty about where he’s at mentally. Good stuff.
The burgeoning relationship between Janzo and Wren took a big step forward in this episode as they continued to bicker like teenagers late for the prom. It’s fun, it quick-witted and though it’s biting at times, the growing mutual respect one for the other is plain to see. These two are kindred spirits on many levels and that’s one reason they rub up against each other sometimes, but also why they have those “ah ha” moments about the other. It’s fun to watch two characters start the process of learning about the other – and liking what they are learning despite themselves.
It’s also interesting to note that Wren and Janzo are both products of demanding and often unappreciative mothers (or mother figures0, who heap incredible expectations upon them, as well as the pressure that sometimes brings. Another interesting starting point for a relationship that has so much fun potential. And in this episode, these two were a bundle of energetic fun. In short order, they solve the puzzle of the box, discover a map of an old Outpost, and eventually suss out the meaning and destination the map has in mind. Did anyone else notice Wren call Talon “cousin?” Was that just general term or did she let slip something about Yavalla, herself and Talon?
“Wrenzo” end up in the old blacksmith’s house (That was a very nice touch), where Talon is now residing. Clear some sand from the floor, open a hatchway, and voila….a tunnel leading down, down, down. There’s something really enjoyable about watching two smart, nerdy science lovers do their smart, nerdy stuff. Izuka Hoyle and Anand Desai-Barochia have a wonderfully energetic and warm relationship building. They play off each other so well and I love the rapid-fire dialogue they do battle with at times. These two are a delightful pairing and I certainly anticipate them taking it up a few more notches before this all comes to an end.
I thought this was a tremendous episode with plenty going on and plenty still to be deciphered. This show has come so far in two-plus seasons. It’s a joy to see the character development that has taken place and the plot points that continue to be developed by Executive Producer Dean Devlin and his group. There’s a fire under this show and a great reminder that fantasy/adventure has a nice it can fill on the TV landscape. I’m thankful for that. What also makes this show so delightful is that most of the cast is active on social media, answering questions, making comments and interacting with the fandom. I can’t overemphasize how valuable that is to creating fan loyalty. Well done, all.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Outpost Review: The Peace You Promised (Season 3 Episode 2)
Charles E Henning   October 16, 2020
https://telltaletv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-review-the-peace-you-promised-season-3-episode-2/ 

At its core, The Outpost is a show about good versus bad. This isn’t really new territory in the history of television, but the way the subject is explored makes us question our definition of the straightforward protagonist battling it out with the antagonist.

The Outpost Season 3 Episode 2, “The Peace You Promised,” begins with the aftermath of Garret’s decision to kill one of the Blackfists. Although he is quick on his toes and puts up one hell of a fight, Garret is subdued into submission.

This is a great action scene to start the episode. Top-notch choreography and spot-on acting make me believe that this man is truly fighting for his life. ...
If the death of one person can mean the saving of countless others, Gwynn will take the expense on her own shoulders. I can’t say that I agree with her decision, but then again, I’m not the one with an entire town under my ruling. 
I believe this is mostly done to have Garret placed in a separate piece of the storyline, able to move about in a different narrative than the rest of the cast. I know some people aren’t typically happy when the writers split the main clique apart, but honestly it gives the characters more to do.
Their interactions with one another are the cutest element of the episode. While Garret and Talon deliver the adult romance — complete with canoodling this time around — Janzo and Wren have the budding elements of puppy love. This relationship foreplay is fun and gives some relief to the more serious side of the episode. 
Wren’s quirks play well against the sinister vibes given by her mother. I believe her relationship with Janzo will play a large part in saving The Outpost in the later episodes. 
Yes, believe it or not, Munt proves to be the voice of reason this time around. His well-thought-out words give a clear picture of the harshness of war.
Overall, this is a top tier episode with an important lesson to tell from many different angles. If the season keeps up with this incredible storytelling, there is no guessing how popular the series will become. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 2 Review: Humans find themselves at brink of war with Blackbloods in slow episode
By Pooja Salvi  October 15, 2020
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-2-review-the-peace-you-promised-humans-at-war-with-blackbloods-talon 

Picking up after the events of the previous episode, Garett Spears (Jake Stormoen) is sentenced to death for the killing of a Blackblood in the name of the Queen (Imogen Waterhouse). The entire outpost rises up in revolt in Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths) upholds the law above all and no one is really exempt from it. But how many times has 'The Outpost' brought death upon Garett and not seen it through? One too many times over the course of the last three seasons and by now, any development in the story along these lines feels redundant.

In between littered are scenes of romance between our two couples,Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) and Tobin (Aaron Fontaine), and Garret and Talon (Jessica Green). While this rarely adds to the narrative, this kind of fan service is imperative for a show like 'The Outpost', which is riddled with slow developments. 

When was the last time that 'The Outpost' impressed you? This episode won't do anything to change that either. Although it brings new avenues to the characters' backstories and the overall history of the universe of the series, the episode moves at a slow pace and puts its focus on a lot of things. At the same time, it offers a depiction of land broken by the poor distribution of power and basic rights. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

EXCLUSIVE: The Outpost Announces Season 2 DVD Release Date
BY TIM ADAMS    SEP 01, 2020
https://www.cbr.com/the-outpost-cw-season-2-dvd-release-date/

Before the cult fantasy series The Outpost returns for a third season in October, the CW series will release its Season 2 DVD containing all 13 episodes. CBR can exclusively reveal The Outpost Season 2 DVD will be released on Sept. 15 for $25.99.

The Outpost won the Saturn Award for "Best Fantasy Television Series" in 2019 and recently wrapped its Season 3 production in Serbia.
Official Press Release

LOS ANGELES (September 1, 2020) -- Fans can return to the lawless fortress on the edge of the civilized world when Distribution Solutions releases the complete second season of THE OUTPOST on DVD September 15, 2020. The DVD features all 13 episodes from The CW’s cult classic, fantasy adventure and can be purchased for $25.99 at major retailers, in advance of the Season Three debut this October.

Winner of the Saturn Award "Best Fantasy Television Series" of 2019, THE OUTPOST follows Talon (Jessica Green), the lone survivor of a race called 'Blackbloods'. After her entire village is destroyed by a gang of brutal mercenaries, she travels to a fortress on the edge of the civilized world, as she tracks the killers of her family. On her journey to this outpost, Talon discovers she possesses a mysterious supernatural power that she must learn to control in order to save herself, and defend the world against a fanatical religious dictator.

Electric Entertainment and Arrowstorm Entertainment recently wrapped production in Serbia for the third season of THE OUTPOST which premieres on the CW on October 8, 2020.

Edited by tv echo

5 best moments from The Outpost Season 3, Episode 2
by Neda Mostafavi    October 19, 2020
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/10/19/the-outpost-season-3-episode-2-moments/

The Outpost continues Season 3 with another action-packed episode on The CW. The episode picked up right where we left off after the season premiere, with Garret having just murdered the Blackblood Kezzan for threatening Gwynn’s life.
The episode is non-stop from the moment it picks up, hitting viewers with murders, romance, action, and intrigue. There’s a lot to unpack so let’s break down the top five moments.

Garret dies…again?

Okay, we’re going to have to start keeping a tally of all the times Garret has ‘died’. Lucky for us (and him), Captain Garret Spears seems to have more lives than a cat.
As sweet as Garron are, Garret is clearly still suffering from what was done to his mind. Talon even wonders if he wanted to get himself caught and killed and I can’t help but wonder that too. Garret reminds her that the old Garret is gone now, but hopefully Talon can help this new Garret find some peace.
Janzo and Wren team up
Watching Janzo and Wren together is so much fun as they have a bickering banter between them that is so enjoyable and is mixed in with some moments of genuine nerdy joy as they’re both clearly very intelligent people. I hope we get to see more and more of them this season.
Talon’s past gets a twist
Yavalla claims she doesn’t know why he was sent there, and that Talon’s father mostly kept to himself and is now dead. Whatever the reason Talon’s mother sent him away, it couldn’t have been good. Also, I may have misheard but did Wren call Talon cousin? Is Talon somehow related to Yavalla? Or is that just a term between Blackbloods? I guess we’ll find out.
Gwynn plots an escape
A life for a life
Outwardly Yavalla speaks of peace but her demeanor suggests she has something else in mind. Even her daughter seems afraid of her. It’s hard to trust her, especially after she instructs Zed to maintain the peace with humans “a little while longer”. Far too ominous for my liking.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Great cast interview (I can't tell if Jessica and Anand are a couple in real life, or if they're just joking around)...

-- Jake: "Tobin is smarter is Garret. Most people are smarter than Garret."

-- When asked to describe Season 3 in a word or a couple words, Aaron and Adam: "Adventure." Aaron: "Massive adventure." Adam: "We did some really fun stuff together." Jake: "Unity." Anand: "Uh, we have a baby. So look out for that." Jessica: "Yeah. Shocking." Anand: "Spoiler." Someone (off-screen): "In real life? This in real life?" Anand: "Yeah." Someone (off-screen): "Oh, my gosh. This is going to be beautiful." Interviewer: "C'mon. You can give me a word or words." Jessica: "Surprising." Anand: "Big shocks coming... New characters. New villains. New heroes... We've got these incredible new characters joining our show that, uh, that we're very lucky to have, very fortunate, and they play these exciting and out there roles."

The Outpost cast talks Season 3, swordplay, big battles & Gellato
Review Nation   Oct 7, 2020

We had a chance to talk with the cast of The Outpost to talk about Season 3 and where we find the crew. We also talked about the season 2 finale battle, weapons and fun. We also delved into each character and what the actors enjoyed about their characters recently.

We were lucky enough to chat with Jessica Green (Talon), Jake Stormoen (Captain Garrett Spears), Anand Desai-Barochia (Janzo), Adam Johnson (Munt) and Aaron Fontain (Tobin).

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Larger-size promo pics for 3A04 (The Key to Paradise) have now been posted... 
https://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/the-outpost-season-3-episode-4-photos-preview-of-the-key-to-paradise/

“The Key to Paradise” Plot: CHOICES – As Talon (Green) presses for answers, Yavalla (Griffiths) recruits Gwynn (Waterhouse) for her cause. Reunited with a past love, Tobin (Fontaine) faces a difficult choice. Lastly, Zed’s (Ritchie) loyalty is tested.

outpost-season3-episode4b-580x386.jpg 

outpost-season3-episode4e-580x362.jpg

outpost-season3-episode4d-580x380.jpg

outpost-season3-episode4c-580x384.jpg

outpost-season3-episode4-1-580x379.jpg 

Edited by tv echo

3A06 episode title & synopsis:
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-episode-306-kill-rat-kill.html 

"Kill the Rat, Kill the Kinj" - (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, V) (HDTV)

LET ME LEAD - Talon (Jessica Green) sets up a sanctuary for the infected while Janzo (Anand Desai-Barochia) and Wren (Izuka Hoyle) conduct research to find a cure. Garret (Jake Stormoen) investigates a cult using human sacrifices. Reece Ritchie and Adam Johnson also star. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Jonathan English (#3A06). Original airdate 11/12/2020.

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost Season 3, Episode 3: The puzzle to paradise
by Neda Mostafavi   October 23, 2020
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/10/23/the-outpost-season-3-episode-3/ 

The Outpost isn’t showing any signs of slowing down and The CW drama has given us another intense episode. This week’s episode found our heroes solving life and death puzzles and if you like Indiana Jones you will definitely enjoy this episode.
I can’t say I’m entirely surprised by this twist, Yavalla never struck me as someone who was entirely trustworthy. And now that we know she can’t be trusted, all that remains is to see how long it takes Talon to come to that realization and figure out how to stop Yavalla before all of The Outpost is under her control.

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 3 Review: Peace between Blackbloods and humans might not be imminent
By Pooja Salvi   October 22, 2020
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-3-peace-between-blackbloods-humans-yavalla-janzo-talon-gwynn-wren 

Yet another episode of 'The Outpost' that takes an hour-long run only to show the most important plot development in the last one minute. But more importantly, it is yet another episode surrounding the long arduous struggle between the Blackbloods and the humans for control over the Outpost. 
We hardly expect this to solve any and all differences that both factions have with each other. If anything, the kinj might make matters worse. With no secrets between the two factions, transparency is achieved, sure, but is there the will to remain allies? It also brings up a previous presumption about Yavalla that she can hardly be trusted about her intentions that remain as questionable as the woman herself. 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Outpost: Does A Kinj In The Head Mean Double Trouble? – Review, Ep. 303
By: John Baker October 23, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/10/the-outpost-does-a-kinge-in-the-head-mean-double-trouble-review-ep-303/ 

Episode 303 of The Outpost had a bevy of nice reveals, some interesting conflict, a nice ode to “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” and the burgeoning bromance that no one could have possibly seen coming. The episode, “A Life for a Life,” was another in a nice run of episodes that have continually upped The Outpost’s profile and increased its fandom. I enjoyed the heck out of this episode and really delighted in the multiple puzzles in play to eventually lead to the missing Kinj. So, let’s talk about it.
In Wren, we see a character that is also smart and quite capable of matching Janzo’s intelligence. She’s a great match for him with just enough difference in her demeanor and personality quirks that she isn’t redundant in Janzo’s shadow. Despite her mother’s coldness, Wren has the distinction of being empathetic within her scientific and analytical acumen. Wren and Janzo’s moment over the word “erection” was quite a nice little touch  of subtle humor that made Janzo uncomfortable while Wren’s naivete’ left her wondering if he were feverish. Perfect. They will share the lab. Izuka Hoyle has been a worthy addition to this cast and helps change the dynamics in a fun way.

In Talon we get a reminder of the warrior she is, the athleticism she brings to the party. She does some jumping, spinning and general flying around to complete the quest to the altar. Along the way she finds the lost Blackblood City while executing a backflip out of danger that would have done Legolas proud. I don’t think Jess Green gets enough credit for delivering a moving character in The Outpost. It would have been easy to keep this character one-dimensional, but Talon has experience growth as well and that’s a credit to the writers, producers and Green’s own growing talents. The Outpost, at its core, is about family – the family you’re born into, the family you become part of and the family you sometimes have to create for yourself.
Does Yavalla want to take Garret’s life? I don’t know, seems too easy, too obvious. No, my feeling is that she wants Garret to play some part in this trek to “paradise.” Personally, I’m not buying the rosy rhetoric this lady (and her new companion) are laying down. I begin to suspect there will be little that is paradisical in this paradise that’s been promised. I also worry that the humans will somehow be enslaved again. This story arc has taken a different twist with the Kinj’s arrival in Yavalla and Gwynn’s respective heads and one reels at the many ideas of what’s possible. I’ve never trusted Yavalla, but now I’m not sure if it’s Yavalla or the Kinj calling the shots.
Three episodes into season 3 of The Outpost and it’s clear that the game has been “upped” again. The social media chatter is extremely interesting to see and to be part of, something that I think The Outpost lends itself to nicely. As I said early on, the show is on a nice run of episodes that not only entertain, but push the characters and the story along very nicely. I like the mojo of The Outpost right now and feel there’s a real good rhythm to the episodes. It’s good stuff and again demonstrates that fantasy-adventure, well done and adequately financed fantasy-adventure, has a place on network TV. It’s never going to be a monster ratings success as the niche it occupies is smaller, but there’s a place for it to succeed. The Outpost has proven that.

ETA: This reviewer, John Baker, also does a weekly podcast called The Outpost Calling - here's his podcast on this episode:
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2020/10/24/the-outpost-calling--102320

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Outpost Cast Talks Season 3 Details!
Sandy Lo   October 7, 2020
https://starshinemag.net/the-outpost-cast-talks-season-3-details/ 

StarShine caught up via Zoom with cast members Jake Stormoen (Garrett), Imogen Waterhouse (Gwynn), and Anand Desai-Barochia (Janzo) just as filming wrapped on season 3.  Jessica Green was unable to join due to a scheduling conflict but answered questions for us separately.

The interview is an exclusive for StarShine’s fall 2020 issue available in print on Blurb and digitally on the Magzter newstand app.
During our chat, Imogen Waterhouse says season 3 feels a bit “darker” than the previous seasons. Co-star Jake Stormoen agreed. “I don’t know if the writing got darker or if all of us with 2020, if it just started to feel darker as well,” explains Jake. “I’m actually really curious whether or not viewers will find that as well.”

The interview also talked about Imogen’s foray into directing this season and Jake and Anand Desai-Barochia’s behind the scenes and onscreen banter.

Check out the clip below and read the full interview in the fall issue available here.

The Outpost Cast Talks On + Off Set Banter
StarShineMag   Oct 6, 2020

6-1-1024x1024.png

ETA: According to IMDb, Imogen Waterhouse is the director for episode 9 of Season 3 of The Outpost:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt11133522/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_1 

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Outpost Review: A Life for a Life (Season 3 Episode 3)
October 24, 2020     Charles E Henning
https://telltaletv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-review-a-life-for-a-life-season-3-episode-3/ 

The Outpost Season 3 Episode 3, “A Life for a Life,” focuses on the special roles several of the characters fill. Just like us, they are set apart for a purpose only they can fulfill. 
Throughout each challenge, every member of the group is proved to be needed, and mostly for reasons that aren’t immediately obvious. Janzo for his need to do right, Talon for her never die attitude and Wren for her loyalty.
Ironically enough, The Priestess is the only one that doesn’t prove to be essential to the group. Her mission would have gone down effortlessly with her absence. She is actually a burden more than anything else. 
In the end, everyone plays their part, ultimately adding up to an overall win. Strengths and weaknesses are shown in times of trouble — building into a lot of character development.

Edited by tv echo

How US fantasy series, The Outpost, filmed in Serbia during Covid
Chris Evans   27 Oct 2020
https://www.kftv.com/news/2020/10/27/how-us-fantasy-series-the-outpost-filmed-in-serbia-during-covid

The third season of the show started filming in Belgrade, Serbia from January to March, but was halted by Covid. It then resumed filming from June to August. Now the show is onto its fourth season.

Here we talk to Jonathan English, head of Balkanic Media, who produce the show for Dean Devlin's Electric Entertainment and Arrowstorm Entertainment.
Whereabouts in Serbia have you been shooting The Outpost? Was it just the PFI Studios? And how long for?
THE Outpost TV series is shot mainly at PFI Studios just outside of Belgrade, and also on various locations in and around the city. But maintly we shoot all the interiors at the studio and on the backlot where we have built a large medieval town, which is the Outpost of the title.

What Covid protocols have you had in place?
Before we returned to work we planned and prepared a very detailed and thorough anti-Covid plan. ...
Did you face any difficulties getting into the country and filming locations? (e.g. quarantining, testing, permits etc)
Our only challenge there was in bringing foreign cast members and some of the producing team in and out of the country. The star of the show, Jessica Green, is Australian and when we were able to go back into production it was quite challenging arranging for Jessica to leave Australia. I'm happy we were able to eventually arrange her travel and the show continued.

What are the benefits of filming in Serbia?
In a word, extensive. ...
Did you access the local funding/incentives for The Outpost?
Yes, on all the international productions that Balkanic Media handles we successfully receive the Serbian rebate.

Did you use a mix of Serbian and US crew?
We do but I'm proud to say that most of the crew on our projects are always Serbian, including as I mentioned above, on The Outpost we even have Serbian Heads of Department.

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

The Outpost Season 3, Episode 4: The fatal flaw in Yavalla’s plan
by Neda Mostafavi    Oct. 30, 2020
https://hiddenremote.com/2020/10/30/outpost-season-3-episode-4-the-fatal-flaw-in-yavallas-plan/ 

I have to wonder if this is true for everyone, or if the strength of the Kinj matters? So far we’ve mainly seen Talon be immune to the effects of other Kinj, but perhaps hers is just stronger. However, at the moment, our gang is working with the assumption that Yavalla’s Kinj will not work on anyone who has their own Kinj.
This will be some serious angst for Gwynn and Tobin fans, especially once she finds out that he had to commit himself to marriage with his childhood love Falista in order to secure her army. Who knows, perhaps the pain and heartbreak when she finds out about Tobin’s marriage will snap Gwynn out of Yavalla’s control?

Thankfully Wren and Janzo are having a much better time in the romance department as they decide to explore the compatibility of their species…for “science”. Those two nerds are very cute together and I’m loving it. They’ve made this season at least ten times more enjoyable.

'The Outpost' Season 3 Episode 4 Review: Yavalla wants unity of Blackbloods and humans, but it'll come at a price
By Pooja Salvi    Oct 29, 2020
https://meaww.com/the-outpost-season-3-episode-4-review-key-to-paradise-doesnt-exist-yavalla-talon-tobin-garret-cw 

In the latest episode of 'The Outpost' Season 3, Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths) has threatened to take over the Outpost. As predicted by several fans, her kinj takes over the mind of whoever it is passed on to. It forms a hive as soon enough anyone can pass on that kinj to the other person. This is the key to paradise that she so promised to the people here.
'The Outpost' Episode 3 was a bit of a drag as it showed Yavalla take over each character's presence. Garett Spears (Jake Stormoen) is back but has everyone at the Gallwood Outpost looking for him. 'The Key to Paradise' reveals Yavalla's true intentions of bringing peace to the two factions. With her kinj, Blackbloods and humans might live in unity, but it is going to come at a heavy price. Hopefully, by next episode or so, they can wind up with the Yavalla obstacle because it fails to generate intrigue.

The Outpost season 3, episode 4 recap – “The Key to Paradise”
Jonathon Wilson   October 30, 2020
https://readysteadycut.com/2020/10/30/the-outpost-season-3-episode-4-the-key-to-paradise-recap/ 

There’s romance everywhere in “The Key to Paradise”. It seems like Falista isn’t just lusting after Tobin — she’s genuinely in love with him and is horrified at the prospect of their relationship becoming transactional. She won’t give him her army unless he marries her, and she’s happy to marry him even knowing that it isn’t what he wants. She believes that spending time with her will rekindle his old feelings, and she’s adamant that if he loves Gwynn as much as he says, he’ll give her up. Rich people, eh?
... “The Key to Paradise” ends with us unsure of whether Gwynn has passed the kinj to Tobin, but with a much better idea of what Yavalla has planned for the future.

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost Review: The Key To Paradise (Season 3 Episode 4)
October 30, 2020   Charles E Henning
https://telltaletv.com/2020/10/the-outpost-review-the-key-to-paradise-season-3-episode-4/

The Outpost continues to heat things up with action and suspense from every angle. I often find myself holding my breath in anticipation of what will happen next. As the drama unfolds, one can’t help but feel the desperation lingering in Talon, Gwynn, and Garret.
I’m relieved when this happens so quickly with Gwynn. At first, I was afraid this was just going to be a rehashing of last season with Gwynn being brainwashed instead of Garret. Luckily, no one is exactly blindsided by Gwynn’s change except for the rather naive Sammy. 
This is love. Not made for television love, but true and unfiltered love.

Tobin goes against himself, sacrificing his needs for the good of Gwynn and The Outpost. You can’t get any purer than that.

The Outpost: Kinj Secret Is Out Of The Bag As Infections Grow – Review, Ep. 304
By: John Baker    October 30, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/10/the-outpost-kinj-secret-is-out-of-the-bag-as-infections-grow-review-ep-304/ 

This episode, titled “The Key to Paradise,” felt like it was one of those turning point types of episodes, an early season 3 destination that we had to get to before charting some new courses to sail as the season moves along. From a personal standpoint, I loved this episode. I really enjoy a show that makes me think, makes me speculate, makes me try to piece together a puzzle that seems to have plenty of interesting arcs and angles.
For the record, I really, really like the Talon-Janzo-Wren-Garret and soon-to-be Zed squad. My gut feeling is that, once Zed joins the team, this will be a formidable group that, if it can reach Tobin before Gwynn infects him, could very well turn the tide of things within The Outpost. But getting to Tobin, that will be interesting. Also, good to see Jake Stormoen again. I admit that an episode without Garret seemed kind of strange. Stormoen’s portrayal of this character has been a highlight from the jump, so it’s good to see him again, wielding a sword and generally looking Errol Flynn-ish. How good is that?
As a whole, “The Key to Paradise” was, I thought, a really interesting and entertaining episode. I can’t emphasize enough how much I think The Outpost has grown in its two-plus seasons. From writing to acting to the overall vibe of the shows, there’s been this continuing upward trend that has started to really catch on with fans – even fans who aren’t die-hard action-adventure creatures. This episode, I felt, opened some doors to some interesting storytelling moving forward. But first, the Kinj issue needs to be dealt with and I look forward to what Garret, Talon, Janzo, Wren and (soon-to-be ally?) Zed cook up to figure it all out.

My other question that I keep pondering is that Talon is starting to give me this “chosen one” vibe. There’s more to her and her Kinj than meets the eye, I think we all suspect, so I’m very intrigued with what her powers and abilities might be when they are fully manifested. I don’t know, that’s just my take on Talon as a character. I keep coming back to a special and important quality that she possesses that she hasn’t discovered yet. We shall see.

Edited by tv echo

Promo pics for 3A05 (airing Nov. 5) have now been published...
https://www.showbizjunkies.com/tv/the-outpost-season-3-episode-5/

“Under Yavalla’s Control” Plot: A THREAT TO THE MISSION – Tobin (Fontaine) returns to the Outpost with an army – and a secret. Talon (Green) presses for answers and a fight in the Throne Room ends in death, imprisonment and a new commander of the Outpost.

outpost-season3-episode5f-580x376.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5g-580x386.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5e-580x372.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5d-580x369.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5c-580x377.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5b-580x362.jpg

outpost-season3-episode5-580x361.jpg

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost: Izuka Hoyle, Jessica Green Talk Living The Outpost Life – Interview
By: John Baker November 2, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/11/the-outpost-izuka-hoyle-jessica-green-talk-living-the-outpost-life-interview/ 

Talking with Izuka Hoyle (Wren) and Jessica Green (Talon) across many time zones was as joyful and fun as I’d imagined it would be. The CW’s “The Outpost” is currently filming another 13 episodes of season 3B in Serbia and the ladies took time out from their busy day to talk about what it’s like to live and work in a Covid-19 world and how they see their characters, and the show, moving forward. And through the 30-minute interview, it was hard not to just revel in the fun they seemed to have with each other and the joy they had for life – even with all that’s going on.
What has the last year been like in terms of filming, stopping, filming again, then turning around and starting another 13 episodes so quickly – all in the midst of the pandemic?
Izuka
: Personally, it has been very odd. If I’m being completely honest, The Outpost has been a savior. I can’t say I’ve experience Covid and it’s massive impact on my professional life, because we’ve essentially been in employment while this hit – we’ve been here. Because of the way Serbia dealt with it at its worst, they allowed themselves to re-open when other countries weren’t able to. When we flew back, (after the hiatus) that was an odd experience. We’re in this massive hotel in Belgrade that they had essentially opened just for our cast. Everything is very safe, extra precautions (in place), and tests every few days. So when I speak to my friends back home, I did miss out on that (Covid-19 experience) slightly. When we got back (to filming), we went into hardcore work. So now it’s very much go to work and go back home (each day).

Jessica: Things are pretty much like Izuka said. We are so, so lucky to just be continuing to work and do what we love, even though the rest of the world is kind of shut down at the moment. We have been very lucky to keep the ball rolling and smash out a continued season. I went home (to Australia) for the hiatus and the Serbian government had to write to the Australian government to let me out. You can’t leave (Australia) unless you have government approval. I was lucky I came out to be able to work, but I don’t know about Christmas and everything else. I don’t know when I’ll be able to go home at some point. Hopefully in March I’ll be able to get home. Then, there’s the issue of me needing to get back to LA as well.
Jessica, tell me how Talon has changed since the beginning of season 1?
I think she’s grown a lot since season 1. I think the whole show has. It seems almost completely like a different one (show). I’ve liked her growth and relationships she’s built with different characters. Even in this season, she starts to have a relationship with Garret, which everyone has wanted to see. We have these new characters and seeing how she interacts with them. (In season 2) Zed making her choose between her own kind and friends. That was fun to play. What choice is the right one? Who does she kind of want to side with?

Izuka, being new, how do you develop a new character like Wren into an existing show and a story already underway?
Wren, essentially, I think, from a writer’s perspective, was created to challenge Janzo and give him a counterpart, challenge his intellect and to, perhaps, give him a little romance. She is super, super fun to play, a gift of a part to play. It was interesting to come in at the third season. The way that she is, there was no other way to do it – big and bold. The Outpost cast is just a dream — very, very welcoming and funny people. It is a laugh a minute out here. It is just joyous to be here.

In your mind, what’s the best quality your character has and why?
Jessica
: I really love Talon’s loyalty for her friends. She will go through anything for them. We always joke on set — how many times do you have to rely on Talon to save the day?

Izuka: Wren’s best quality — I think probably her straightforwardness. She doesn’t shy away from speaking the truth, even if it will hurt (the feelings) of those she is speaking to. I like that about her. I also love her wit.
The fandom seems to be growing, how much do you engage on social media and how important is it for The Outpost?
Jessia
: It (fandom) has been growing. With each season we are growing and growing. I honestly feel that’s (growing fandom) what kept the show going. I feel the whole fantasy genre, once you get the fans who love the show, they really stand by you. We watch them on Twitter and comment on Instagram. Hard to live tweet with them (time differences), but we try to reply to as many as we can.

Izuka: I’m not on Twitter, and not as active on Instagram as I can be. Anand likes to send me lots of random things and what people are saying. I’ve never really interacted with fans much, so it’s cool to see how invested people are in it — and the emotional connection with the characters (they get). It’s encouraging to see how invested in the show people are.

What are some things you’ve created or started doing in Serbia as a hobby or outside interest?
Jess
: Adopting puppies (laughing). You should see her (Izuka’s) hotel room. There are plants and all sorts of things in there. We’re pretty much inseparable out here. We see each other every day. We’ve been here so long that it feels like home. We’ve got our favorite cafes and know the people in them by name. My boyfriend has come out and is able to stay with me. He can work from home, so he’s able to now be here with me. Note: Jessica lives in an apartment.

Izuka: I’m in a hotel so the first thing I did was furnish it. You have to come home every night and want to look forward to coming home. We are working ungodly hours and you try to keep feeling positive. We train a lot, go horse riding, rock climbing, hang with the stunt team, and go to each other’s homes. We are limited with what we can do, so we have to be careful, so It’s about spending a lot of time together. Even when I’m not on, I actually tend to go into the studio and cause havoc.
On shooting extended season 3B:
Jess
: Things have gone very good. We are flying through them. Since our break, we’ve been back almost two months and we are already filming episodes 4-5. We love going to work.

Izuka: The writers room is working at record speed. As much as we’re turning up to work all day, the writers are turning out episodes quickly. There’s something fun about this intenseness. I’ve never worked at this speed, so they are getting their money’s worth. We didn’t have much time off (between finishing Season 3 and starting Season 3B), so we were still in the zone. A lot of the characters that are already in the show, the material for them has been upped. Our job is the best job in the world.

Edited by tv echo

Title and episode description for 3A07 (airing Nov. 22)...
https://www.spoilertv.com/2020/11/the-outpost-episode-307-go-ahead-and.html 

Go Ahead and Run

(All New!, HD, TV-14, V)

YOU’VE BEEN WARNED – Yavalla (Jaye Griffiths), Gwynn (Imogen Waterhouse) and Tobin (Aaron Fontaine) overtake the Capital with Talon (Jessica Green), Garret (Jake Stormoen) and Zed (Reece Ritchie) hot on their heels. Meanwhile, the Outpost becomes a new home for a Prime Order brute. Anand Desai-Barochia, Izuka Hoyle and Adam Johnson also star. The episode was written by Jason Faller & Kynan Griffin and directed by Jonathan English (#3A07). Original airdate 11/22/2020.

Edited by tv echo

A couple reviews of the latest episode...

The Outpost Review: Under Yavalla’s Control (Season 3 Episode 5)
November 6, 2020    Charles E Henning
https://telltaletv.com/2020/11/the-outpost-review-under-yavallas-control-season-3-episode-5/ 

A wonderfully choreographed fight scene ensues the rescue of Gwynn giving us a couple of breathless moments not knowing who will exactly win the battle. Heroes and villains are perfectly matched, each gaining the upper hand at pivotal moments. The fight isn’t done until one has fallen.  
Talon isn’t done choosing the hard road for this episode though. With the escape of the prisoners and The Outpost left without a leader, she must step up and become something she never wanted to be.

The Outpost: Yavalla Proves She’s In Control After All – Review, Ep. 305
By: John Baker    November 6, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/11/the-outpost-yavalla-proves-shes-in-control-after-all-review-ep-305/ 

Jaye Griffths should be lauded for how she has delivered the Yavalla character. She has imbued Yavalla with this icy countenance that is at once calming and somewhat disconcerting, particularly now with the Kinj layered in. Griffiths has really created for us another wonderfully complex character, something this show seems to do with each new face. Of course I’m looking forward to Yavalla and her kinj meeting some ghastly fate, but that’s the beauty of Griffiths’ work – I’m invested in loathing her. There is no higher compliment. Zed, you have one job now – decapitate the ice prophetess. Please?
So yes, the trials and travails of Tobin seem to be multiplying. On some level, he’s kind of season 3’s version of season 2’s Garret. He simply can’t find any positive traction right now, though he doesn’t care as he’s now part of The United – dedicated to the eradication of freewill throughout the realm. Not a very pleasant scenario, is it. Still, Aaron Fontaine’s run as Tobin has been really fun, but also a bit on the down side of late as he is the very definition of having some things thrust at him with little to no choice but to play the game out. And he’s not alone, it would seem. So, how did we get here?
In all honesty, I don’t know what Garret was doing in the cells trying to reason with Gwynn. Perhaps his desire to see her back to her good self drove him to make yet another rash and imprudent decision. He should never have gone there, but since he was there, Gwynn took the opportunity to try and choke him out, then Yavalla attempted the old Kinj pass, which he checked with a well-timed blade thrust to her gut. So yeah, problem solved, right? Not so fast, my friends. Turns out, Yavalla is now immune to death by the blade. Yup, she went full resurrection right there in the cell.
It’s interesting in that Talon tells Garret that she’s not the leader kind, but if you’ve watched her over the two-plus seasons, you realize full well that she leads all the time. It’s not a conscious thing she decides to do, it’s a natural expression of who she is as a warrior and a woman. She is a natural-born leader and one that has demonstrated that multiple times. It’s a measure of some humility on her part that she doubts her ability to be that kind of person. Garret, for his part, seems to have no problem understanding these qualities in her. I think even Zed, on some level, understands that not only does she possess leadership skills, but she is the logical bridge between the blackbloods, blackfist and humans. It’s a good moment when they realize their collective fates are now entwined.

ETA: You can also listen to John Baker's podcast discussion ("The Outpost Calling") of this episode here:
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2020/11/07/the-outpost-calling--11062020 

Edited by tv echo

Promo pics for 3A07 (airing Nov. 22)...
https://the-outpost.fandom.com/wiki/Go_Ahead_and_Run
https://twitter.com/WikiOutpost/status/1326048242480668673

YOU’VE BEEN WARNED – Yavalla, Gwynn, and Tobin overtake the Capital with Talon, Garret, and Zed hot on their heels. Meanwhile, the Outpost becomes a new home for a Prime Order brute.

240?cb=20201110062504    EmcRk2PXMAAXSEH?format=jpg&name=360x360 

240?cb=20201110062555     EmcRk2PXYAAYiFQ?format=jpg&name=360x360

240?cb=20201110062619     EmcTDFLXUAAuJ67?format=jpg&name=360x360

240?cb=20201110062638     240?cb=20201110062646

EmcRk2PXMAEH_IW?format=jpg&name=360x360 

EmcRk24XYAA4805?format=jpg&name=360x360 

EmcTDFBW8AAbccK?format=jpg&name=360x360

EmcTDEpW4AECs5Y?format=jpg&name=small

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost: Yavalla’s Influence Reaches The Capital, Doubt Reaches The Outpost – Review, Ep. 306
By: John Baker November 13, 2020
https://www.threeifbyspace.net/2020/11/the-outpost-yavallas-influence-reaches-the-capital-doubt-reaches-the-outpost-review-ep-306/ 

I don’t know about you, but I found this episode somewhat different in tone. Throughout the episode, we were treated to the stresses and strains of not only trying to get a grasp on Yavalla’s plans, but also some inner demons that seem to be rising to the fore for Zed, Garret, Talon and the rest. Doubt is creeping in and we got a good look at each character dealing with it. That’s a dangerous road to travel when faced with an ever-expanding foe.

Talon is struggling with being a reluctant leader, Zed is struggling with the dream for his people being a lie, Wren and Janzo are struggling under the weight of expectations to find a cure for the kinj infection, Garret is struggling with his killing of Wythers and the aftereffects of his time with Sana and The Three, and even Munt sees the ugly tension of emotional worry as he suddenly finds himself with some female attention, attention that almost went as quickly as it came.

Yup, our crew certainly were working through some interesting feelings in this one and I enjoyed the journey more than I thought I would. It was a trip worth taking with each of them. But what I really liked was it was all completely plausible. Given that situation with that same kind of history – it all made perfect sense to me that they would have those diverse worries and doubts. I liked that a lot. It’s one of those reality-based moments that this show, fantasy-adventure as it might be, delivers to draw us in.
I have to compliment Jessica Green, Adam Johnson, Jake Stormoen, Anand Desai-Barochia, Izuka Hoyle, and Reece Ritchie for doing such a good job of portraying good people faced with impossible odds and doubting the roles they now find themselves in. We don’t see these kinds of episode that often, episodes where the weight of expectation and their own possible shortcomings, are so demonstrably portrayed – particularly by a large group of main players. There was emotional turmoil all over the joint, but as happens with this show, the people get up, dust off their well-fitted leather pants, and move forward.
Lot of plot irons in the fire right now, so I’m looking forward to the second half of season 3A and where it may end up. Seems hopeless on many levels right now, but I’ll stay optimistic and look for “Wrenzo” to deliver yet another miracle of science and medicine.

And you can listen to John Baker's podcast discussion of this sixth episode here:
https://www.blogtalkradio.com/threeifbyspace/2020/11/14/the-outpost-calling--111320 

Edited by tv echo

The Outpost Review: Kill the Rat, Kill the Kinj (Season 3 Episode 6)
November 13, 2020 Charles E Henning
https://telltaletv.com/2020/11/the-outpost-review-kill-the-rat-kill-the-kinj-season-3-episode-6/

The Outpost Season 3 Episode 6, “Kill the Rat, Kill the Kinj,” has our favorite female protagonist in quite a predicament.  Poor Talon never wanted this position thrust upon her. Instead of being a warrior like her birthright calls her to be, Talon must play judge, jury, and executioner. 

Everyone is constantly looking to her to answer nearly impossible questions, in real-time none-the-less.
Janzo and Wren’s relationship is different than the one that Talon and Zed have going on currently. Talon and Zed attack the same problems from different angles, coming up with a solution that works out best for Blackblood and humans alike. Janzo and Wren, on the other hand, finish each other’s thoughts and sentences. 
Overall this is only a small bit of excitement in the grand scheme of the episode, serving only to give Garret new purpose and Talon a Lu-Qiri. It isn’t overly bothersome and at least gives everyone something to do while searching for Gwynn and the Priestess. Introducing a love interest for Munt helps too.

Edited by tv echo